(Topic ID: 272326)

OT: Old slot machine

By Chippewa-Pin

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Slot 7 (resized).JPG
    Slot 6 (resized).JPG
    Slot 5 (resized).JPG
    Slot 4 (resized).JPG
    Slot 3 (resized).JPG
    Slot 2 (resized).jpg
    Slot 1 (resized).jpg
    #1 3 years ago

A friend of the family has a 'Columbia Deluxe' slot machine from the 30s that they would like to sell but has no idea of the value. All that they know is that it's been in the family a long time and it came from a men's club in Virginia. I was told it works. Thanks for any input!

Slot 1 (resized).jpgSlot 1 (resized).jpgSlot 2 (resized).jpgSlot 2 (resized).jpg
    #2 3 years ago

That's in nice shape and considering it's from the 30's and works I'd say it's worth between $500.00-$800.00 at minimum. Hopefully some of the guys on here who collect them can give you a better price range. I'd love to have it, would be a great addition to any game room.

#3 3 years ago

Thanks for the input. Much appreciated!

Any collectors have any input?

#4 3 years ago

Many collectors don't like Columbia's, they are made of potmetal and can break, but the mechs are usually reliable. Value is around $400

#5 3 years ago

Thanks Irish.

#6 3 years ago

Original back door With instructions,side decals, reel strips and payout card/sheet all add value to slot machines.
    Nickel is much more desirable than dime as they can have issues (jamming)due to the smaller coin .
    Columbia’s are less desirable than Mills ,Watling ,etc. but if it plays and pays correctly can still be a nice addition to a game room/collection.
    I agree with Irish and RWH on the $400-800 depending on the items I listed.

Knowing the history is awaits a nice bonus.

#7 3 years ago

Thanks guys. She's going to list it locally (Pittsburgh, PA area) for $400.

If anyone is interested, I can pass along a phone number.

#8 3 years ago

Where in Pittsburgh is it?

#9 3 years ago

It should sell quickly at $400. Columbias are nice little machines except for the pot metal issue which was mentioned. If there are no cracks or breaks in the mech, it should bring $800 to a homeowner if it works and pays correctly, and maybe 500-600 for a dealer in the same condition. If not working/paying correctly, then maybe $400-600.

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bull:

Where in Pittsburgh is it?

North of Cranberry, PA

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

It should sell quickly at $400. Columbias are nice little machines except for the pot metal issue which was mentioned. If there are no cracks or breaks in the mech, it should bring $800 to a homeowner if it works and pays correctly, and maybe 500-600 for a dealer in the same condition. If not working/paying correctly, then maybe $400-600.

Thanks for the input.

#12 3 years ago

Just heard from my relative. He's going to get the slot from the lady and take some 'good pics'. I'll post them here once I get them. He said they are going to offer it for $500 so it leaves room for negotiations.

There is someone who already contacted me so they have first shot at it.

Any specific close-ups to take?

#13 3 years ago

I am in slippery rock how far north of cranberry? If the $400 is still an option I maybe very interested

#14 3 years ago

My cousin lives near Evans City and I think he said she lives east of him out on Rt 68.

This isn't an auction and the owner will decide what the final asking price is. I'm just passing along input I get from here and they are looking at completed sales they've seen on eBay. Last I heard the asking process will be $500, but I will let you guys know once he sends me the pics.

I have no horse in this race and am just trying to help an elderly lady sell a slot machine.

#15 3 years ago

Sorry if I came off wrong, that isn’t what I meant to do.

All I meant was that I was currently in slippery rock for work and had $400 in my pocket.

That was all

Sorry if I came off wrong.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from Bull:

Sorry if I came off wrong, that isn’t what I meant to do.
    All I meant was that I was currently in slippery rock for work and had $400 in my pocket.
    That was all
    Sorry if I came off wrong.

You didn't come off wrong at all. I was just answering your question first and then giving a general statement directed to the thread in general.

Still no pics yet, but my cousin was supposed to go get it yesterday to bring it to his house. Hopefully today.

#17 3 years ago

A few pics. PM me if you are interested and I'll pass along my cousins contact info. I'm sure he'd be happy to send you any additional pictures you'd like to see.

This from my him when he sent me the pics:
    I brought the machine to my house, put a few nickles in and pulled the handle. Seems to work. Let me know if anyone expresses interest. Probably best if they come and look at it before making an offer.
    With the back cover off you can read: Groetchen Mfg. Co. Chicago USA NO. A-200 (probably the model) and stamped is the number 456 (probably the serial).

Thanks, Rob

Slot 3 (resized).JPGSlot 3 (resized).JPGSlot 4 (resized).JPGSlot 4 (resized).JPGSlot 5 (resized).JPGSlot 5 (resized).JPGSlot 6 (resized).JPGSlot 6 (resized).JPGSlot 7 (resized).JPGSlot 7 (resized).JPG

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-old-slot-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.