so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png
RDT_20240319_1906132562035229678710219 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240319_160503_YouTube (resized).jpg
432496760_913456790786597_8120864724896614595_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (60 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (13 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

2 weeks later
9 months later
#25392 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Horrible defense by the Rams that last drive. Ridiculous PI call against the Rams. All that work on a comeback stolen away.

Looked like a make up call for the bogus interception that never happened.

1 week later
#25687 3 years ago

Ah... I remember everyone in Buffalo flipping out that the Bills drafted the wrong Josh in 2018. Should have been Rosen, not Allen. A lot of people walking that one back now...

#25707 3 years ago

Anyone else seeing a forfeit in Tennessee's future?

#25719 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Now the Bills are getting their season shuffled around because of the Titans

Unless there's another positive. Then the titans game is off and Thursday against the chiefs still happens.

#25720 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Sweet! Another MNF doubleheader!!

Actually being reported as a Tuesday game so far.

2 months later
#27343 3 years ago

It's so nice to actually get a good game every time the Bills play again. I grew up thinking that the Bills won almost every time they played. Then the last 25 years happened.

#27348 3 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

"Buffalo Bisons," which was not only rather redundant sounding but improperly pluralized

That's the AAA baseball team. How's the plurality incorrect? If a player is a Buffalo Bison (proper noun) then a group would be the Bisons. If you're referring to the animal, a group would be bison.

#27352 3 years ago

I'll take dumb shit to complain about on a NFL thread for 2000.

#27369 3 years ago

I didn't know Bengals fans were a real thing.

#27486 3 years ago

Bills looking like #2 in the AFC. Steelers looking like garbage.

#27488 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Make that 17-0.
I hope they can win it in Terry's memory.

I was thinking the same thing.

#27511 3 years ago

Three straight for Therapist Ben. Well done Bengals.

#27514 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

How did the Steelers go from so good to so bad so quickly?

Strength of schedule

31. Pittsburgh Steelers .457

#27529 3 years ago

Hopefully Finley can even move after that game.

#27595 3 years ago

Fitzmagic is a myth. He will let you down. The beard can only take him so far.

#27768 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I enjoy your enthusiasm but surely you have more to offer us than stating the Bills’ record twice a week?
Bring us inside the mine or the Bills fan! What’s going on in there? How do you feel? What’s it like to sweep the Patriots?

It feels like 1989 all over again, hopefully without flashbacks of Ronnie Harmon.

1 week later
#28286 3 years ago

Bills 1 - Refs 0

#28317 3 years ago

Seahawks didn't even show up

#28429 3 years ago

Wow. The refs really want the Saints to win.

#28431 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's that time of the year when I am surprised to discover Manti Teo is still playing

Is his girlfriend okay?

#28498 3 years ago

Other than Pittsburgh giving away the 1st quarter, Cleveland does not look that good. The chiefs have to be loving this.

#28524 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Good gawd the Steelers are awful. To lose like that at home to an average team.

It was a fitting end to a day of sub par football. Today was terrible.

#28605 3 years ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

Plus the band Every Time I Die is from Buffalo

I've known them personally for 30+ years. Can't stand them.

#28675 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, Scott Norwood was the Bills kicker who missed the game winning field goal against the Giants in the Super Bowl.

Good ole Ray Finkle.

#28840 3 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Lamar once again proves he is NOT a QB who can handle a passing offense at the NFL. The Ravens lost because of the interception Lamar threw in the red zone. Tucker's missed field goals didn't help, but 3 points isn't going to get you to the Super Bowl. I'm sure John Harbaugh will have lots of excuses, or complain about the Bills, the wind, and the officials.

He can't blame the wind when it affected both teams equally. Allen couldn't throw a deep pass either. Field goals missed by both teams.

In the end, the better team won out.

#29028 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If Mahomes is still out

I'd be surprised if Mahomes knows where he is yet. He was on a different planet with much higher gravity for a while there.

Average concussion protocol in the NFL is 19 days, but i'm sure Roger Goodell will walk Mahomes out on to the field himself.

#29098 3 years ago

Wow... vicjw66 really hates Frank Reich. You can't even post Frank's name without a downvote.

#29183 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Ooh. Just saw a replay of the Mahomes hit. It’s much worse than I first thought. Defender basically put him in a head lock and then drove his forehead into the ground. That was no accident. It was incredibly dirty. Vontaze Burfict dirty. Worse than that, Bill Romanowski dirty. The bills shouldn’t be rewarded for the browns dirty play. Move the game back a week if need be. besides, Green Bay would destroy the bills. We really need Gb vs Chiefs.

Move the game due to injury? You've got to be kidding. It's all part of the game.

#29225 3 years ago

Interesting fact: The Bills and Chiefs meet every 27 years in the AFL/AFC Championship

1/1/1967: Chiefs 31 - Bills 7
1/23/1994: Chiefs 13 - Bills 30
1/24/2021: The Tie Breaker

#29333 3 years ago

hahahahahaha.... "concussion protocol"

What a joke.

#29344 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s a win for football. Well outside of buffalo that is.

I'd rather Mahomes played. Otherwise there'd be excuses.

#29811 3 years ago

My god the Bills defensive scheme was terrible. Frazier must want everyone to cheer for him to get the HC job with the Texans.

#29880 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

One thing that has helped Brady have so much success is he has not demanded max contracts...he has taken less than he could get to allow the Patriots to bring in talent every year. They continuously brought in free agents and made it work year after year to fill gaps where needed. If Brady demanded max contracts I don’t think he would have as many Super Bowl wins. Having a good QB is a must but you need talent around him. Many teams get a good QB but can’t make good draft picks or manage the salary cap to retain or bring in free agents. It’s not easy to do and it does take players willing to chase that ring and not max dollars. The Patriots managed that very well. Not saying players were happy with it but you can’t argue the results they got.
The Texans are in a hell of a mess. QB is not happy. No draft picks. No money to spend. It will take a GOOD GM and head coach to fix it. It can be done but sacrifices will have to be made to rebuild the Texans. Will see how this plays out but I’m typical Texans style they will find a way to screw it up.

Having a wife that brings in more money than he does allows for that to happen. She makes more than they could ever spend. He could work for the league minimum and let the GM stack the team around him.

#29881 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Pretty much all the big names on the Chiefs are signed beyond next season. There will certainly be some replacements needed, but not a big deal honestly. Sammy Watkins being the biggest name, but he is hurt quite often unfortunately. Great player when on the field though.

You just summed up Sammy's time with the Bills as well. Great player, but constantly hurt.

#29886 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

It was a narrative that was repeated by many sports announcers, since the Bills lost to KC they went 12-0. The defense is better, Josh Allen is better, the Bills are better. There other story line was that the Chiefs haven’t beaten anybody coming down the stretch by more than one score and the Bills were blowing teams out.

That was all true, up until sunday. I'm hoping if nothing else, it creates a defensive coordinator vacancy.

#29905 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I wonder who Fitzpatrick ends up with next season.
People forget he didn’t always have a beard. Used to be a clean cut nice boy.

He's almost good. Good enough to get your hopes up, but he'll always let you down.

His best year with Buffalo, he threw 23 ints and 24 TDs.

#29974 3 years ago

Wait... rodgers wants a new contract, after a loss, while in the first year of a 4 year contract?

Lose and renegotiate?

#30059 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Had a lovely trip through upstate New York this week!!!
Back home before the supposed snow fucking. We’ll see what happens !

I've experienced snow around NYC before. There was a forecast of snow and every airport within 50 miles closed. It drizzled. I drove home instead.

1 week later
#30269 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

My wife and I were trying to figure out why he looked so different... lost weight, but not really? Slightly more or less hair?

Looks like he had too much work done.

#30274 3 years ago

So, Goodell really wants Brady to have another ring...

#30289 3 years ago

Boomer saying what everyone is thinking. I'm impressed.

2 weeks later
#30642 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Good QBs don't grow on trees. Mediocre ones do

True story, see Buffalo from 1997 to 2017. The Bills had a collection of mediocre QBs and coaches.

#30656 3 years ago

Watt reportedly signing with AZ.

Definitely going for the money and not trying to win a SuperBowl.

5 months later
#31755 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Washington will be better.
Missed most of the Chicago game. Are the Bills that good or the Bears that bad?

Yes

#31837 2 years ago

Good to see Josh Allen picking up right where he left off last season.

#31869 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#32026 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Those two will be playing in their 50s. Always liked watching them.

And they're both one hit from forced retirement

1 week later
#32529 2 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Yay, they beat the worst team in the NFL, whoopy!

They don't play the jets until November.

2 weeks later
#33144 2 years ago

Gilmore was okay, but nothing special when he was with Buffalo. He stopped playing when he decided he was worth more.

#33477 2 years ago

A good email sanity check is if you couldn't read the email to your grandma, or mom, you shouldn't send it. That's my personal rule.

Say those things in person.

#33535 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Buffalo -5.5 seems really low. I think this one turns out a lot like the AZ game.

Based on how they've been playing, it doesn't look low enough.

#33537 2 years ago

Depends... is Buf -10 higher or lower to you? I'd consider it lower.

#33642 2 years ago

Beasley was in. #refFail

2 weeks later
#34078 2 years ago

Big assist to the refs in this one.

#34228 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Alex Smith (on anxiety)
(He gives ample warning near the end to look away if you don't like to see leg surgery stuff -- I peeked over the edge of my hand and was like - #$%^#$% hell - Why did I peek at that?)
How is he possibly walking after that? That was some damn good doctoring and PT work.

Just skip to 12:15 for the good stuff. Holy crap that's a medical marvel!

1 week later
#34878 2 years ago

My god Rosen sucks.

#34880 2 years ago

So glad the Bills drafted the right Josh.

1 week later
#35368 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Dallas v Raiders -- most watched reg season game since 1990. Who cares???
I hate soft stats like that because "percentage" is what is most meaningful.
"most watched" is ALWAYS going to be more likely in the current year, since the population is always greater than in the previous year -- such a stupid stat to care about.
Scale for population, and tell me where it ranks as a percentage of population, thanks.
https://www.raiders.com/news/raiders-ot-win-over-cowboys-draws-record-television-ratings
-mof

But, what is that in "Flags per Viewer"?

3 weeks later
#36318 2 years ago

I just picked up the LG C1 OLED. Fantastic picture.

#36462 2 years ago

Overtime would be better if it worked like it does in college.

#36465 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That college shit is too gimmicky for the NFL; pretty perfect the way it is now.

Nah. Coinflip, TD, done. I hate that.

#36467 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess I would also accept 2 possessions only from the 35 and that's it.
I dont need a recock college 9 OT game lime we saw this year. Ties are fine by me.

Actually, i think the best-case scenario would be a 10-minute quarter, no sudden death and the score at the end is the final. If it's tied, it's tied.

#36666 2 years ago

Vontae Davis did it first, just not nearly as spectacularly.

#36692 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If this is your first OLED, you’ll notice black is actually black and red is red.

I went from plasma to OLED. All of the LEDs looked horrible to me. Terrible viewing angles and no black.

1 week later
#37236 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

traditionally shitty teams (Bengals, Lions, Bears, Washington, Dolphins, etc)

Woo.... the Bills have been officially elevated from traditionally shitty

#37289 2 years ago

Bengals
Cowboys
Bills
Buccaneers
Chiefs
Cardinals

#37298 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Geno Smith Seattle backup QB arrested for Dui this morning he may now sit a game or two out next season.

If only there was an easy-to-use service where someone would pick you up, so you don't have to drive drunk.

#37301 2 years ago

Well, Geno made it through the initiation to play for the Raiders.

#37340 2 years ago

Amazing that the Pats missed the playoffs in 2008 with an 11-5 record.

#37362 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I don't feel sad for them. My team hasn't made it to the big dance since the '95 season

But at least you got some wins in the 90's. I'm still looking for one.

#37368 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What team do you follow?

The Bills, which has been painful since the mid 90's, but gotten a hell of a lot better since drafting Allen.

#37370 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I like the Bills. They are definitely on the upswing, which is a great place to be in this league.
I have already gone on record saying I would love to see a Cowboys-Bills Superbowl. Here's hoping it happens!

I agree. They're due for a round 3.

#37426 2 years ago

Someone knows this is a safe bet.

Screenshot_20220114-093545 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220114-093545 (resized).jpg
#37479 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I have all of those teams marked as standing a chance, but for sure I know the Packers and Titans will not be eliminated this weekend.
(just kidding)
As far as the Super Bowl, I just hope a team wins it, that has never won it before, like maybe the Bills.

I like your thinking

#37593 2 years ago

Pats fans have gone quiet.

#37611 2 years ago
1369077040_fat-lady-sings (resized).jpg1369077040_fat-lady-sings (resized).jpg
#37743 2 years ago

My god that was a boring game. Philly made Tampa look a whole lot better than they are.

#37875 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I think this will be the best game of the weekend.

It wasn't

#37886 2 years ago

This has got to be the most mediocre day of football. No one looks playoff calibre.

#37891 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bucs looked pretty good?

Did they though? As bad as the eagles looked, the score should have been about 63-3.

#37982 2 years ago

This should be straight forward, but I think the Rams looked a whole lot better than the Bucs

Titans
Bills
Packers
Rams

#37989 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Did any good teams look bad during the wild card games?
Tampa's defense looked good to me and pretty fast. Maybe they looked better though because the Eagles and Hurts aren't very good at all.
As I watched these blowout games, I was thinking that Tua is better than some of these terrible quarterbacks. Then I came to my senses and realized that the Dolphins would have gotten smoked by the Bills, Bengals, or BBQs, and that Tua wouldn't have done any better.

The eagles made the Bucs look good, but the Bucs still punted 7 times.
Chiefs took a quarter to warm up against a very mediocre Steelers team. It took 6 possessions for their first score.

Either of those scenarios will put you in a huge hole against a good team.

#38045 2 years ago

Elliott is awesome

IMG_20220108_223111 (resized).jpgIMG_20220108_223111 (resized).jpg
#38080 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

he runs circles around Aikmen in the booth.

I'm pretty sure that Aikman has a permanent concussion.

#38292 2 years ago

Rams and Bills tomorrow, and hopefully the SB.

#38475 2 years ago

BS holding call turned touchdown.

#38481 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Yeah I hope the bills kicker can win this on the final play... We know where this is going... Lol

Away team by 3?

#38758 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Loved watching the Bills choke.
If the Pats or the South Pats get knocked out, I certainly don’t want the Bills to advance. A pox on their house forever!
Queue the evil laugh.

Choke, or not call heads?

Choke is by definition what the Pats did, giving up the only perfect offensive NFL game in history.

#38794 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Remember the Rio Olympics? They built a damn wall to hide your view when driving from the airport to the Olympic village.

Greece put up scrims over the buildings in the streets that were shown on TV for the Athens 2004 Olympics. I was there 4 years later, and the scrims were still in front of the buildings, but completely dirty, and ripped all over. A complete mess.

#38949 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Without the SBs he might have slipped in....

Isn't that how he got himself in trouble?

He'll always be known as therapist Ben to me.

#38961 2 years ago

XFL next year

The return of He Hate Me?

#39157 2 years ago

After the PI on the last two plays that wasn't called in the end zone, it looks like the Bengals won't be allowed to win this one.

#39326 2 years ago

Congrats Bengals! But NFL overtime rules still blow.

#39397 2 years ago

Funny how chiefs fans were chanting "13 seconds" during their timeout at the end of the first half with 13 seconds left. Then this happens in overtime...

IMG_20220130_201543 (resized).jpgIMG_20220130_201543 (resized).jpg
#39546 2 years ago
received_305660558288216 (resized).jpegreceived_305660558288216 (resized).jpeg
#39566 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I agree with all but the 1st sentence.
Im in phase 2 today.Yesterday was phase 1It was all scripted by the Man.
Today were only a QB away from the superbowl.Tommorow phase 3 we had a good year ,better than we thought.wish we had some draft picks.Doh.

Was the coin toss in the Bills game scripted too?

#39623 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Training my ass Mgr.

Getting so much ass that you need someone to manage it? Cheers!

#39672 2 years ago
#39721 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Where the hell is Levi?Did he get a job or something?

He obviously out buying all the Commanders swag he can get his hands on.

#39725 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I am not a NFL owner or GM but how qualified is Flores?

So, me not getting any cornerback jobs isn't because I'm white, but i have to be qualified too?

#39817 2 years ago

School district that i'm in was the Lancaster Redskins. We've now changed to the Lancaster Legends. Not quite commanders though....

#39859 2 years ago

Any recommendations to keep it fresh? I might have to keep this baby going another 20 years! I want to be able to keep talking about it like it was yesterday.

Change it to a Bills logo

#40017 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What does that convert to in pinballs???

All of them.

#40460 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1644854195243 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1644854195243 (resized).jpg
#40699 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Interesting…
[quoted image]

I see that coming true with Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Jones and Jackson all in the AFC.

I almost mentioned Mayfield but then laughed and backspaced. Jackson is well behind the others too.

2 weeks later
#40866 2 years ago

There's only one play that Leon Lett is famous for.

2 weeks later
#41604 2 years ago
#41611 2 years ago

More like missing a huge target with a slingshot.

#41736 1 year ago
FB_IMG_1648581151665 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1648581151665 (resized).jpg
#41745 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bills are getting a record $850 million in public money for a new stadium in Buffalo. It’s only going to get more pricey for small-market cities to hang onto their teams.

$565M of that is coming from the Seneca Nation run casinos in NY. There's a 30 year lease and any attempt at moving the team would require the owner to pay that back and pay for demolishing the stadium.

#41750 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Kind of? It’s not like the Seneca are pitching in cash in support of the project. Sounds like they owed $565m to NY state for gambling fees, which the state could just throw in the general fund, but is electing to spend on the Bills’ new stadium (much to the tribe’s disgust, apparently). We are all guilty of this kind of accounting to justify luxury purchases, but at the end of the day the state and city are spending $850m on this stadium that could have been spent on roads, teachers, firefighters, etc.
As you may have picked up I’m not a fan of public funding for stadiums. I get why it happens, people don’t like to lose their teams. But the financial argument that the government will eventually get its money back in increased tax revenue somehow never pans out. And I’m sure the Broncos new ownership will be passing the hat soon enough. I just hope Denver bargains a little harder.

Oh, you're completely right. The governor is touting the payment from the Senecas as free money. The owners and the NFL should pay 100%, but it's so hard to ask someone to shell out a billion dollars when they only_ have 6 billion.

#41754 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Paywalled! Do you subscribe to the Buffalo News?

just disable javascript

Or

SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, Calif.
Los Angeles Rams/Chargers
Year opened: 2020
Total cost: $5 billion
Private funds: $5 billion
Public funds: $0
Public share: 0%

Los Angeles Rams SoFi Stadium
The Los Angeles Rams moved into SoFi Stadium prior to the 2020-21 season.

Jayne Kamin-Oncea/Associated Press
SoFi Stadium is the most expensive sports venue ever built in this country and is the centerpiece of a 300-acre, multipurpose development site in Southern California. Rams owner Stan Kroenke, worth a reported $10.7 billion, covered the full cost as its price tag ballooned from early estimates of less than $2 billion. The city is providing tax breaks that could reach $100 million over time. The stadium will host the 2022 Super Bowl and events for the 2028 Summer Olympics.

Allegiant Stadium, Paradise, Nev.
Las Vegas Raiders
Year opened: 2020
Total cost: $1.97 billion
Private funds: $1.22 billion
Public funds: $750 million
Public share: 38%

Clark County, Nev., wasn’t going to get the Raiders to move from Oakland, Calif., without putting up a significant share of the cost of a new stadium. The county planned to cover its portion with a 0.88% increase in hotel taxes. However, the Covid-19 pandemic battered tourism in Las Vegas, so the county already has dipped into a reserve fund to meet its required stadium debt payments.

Mercedes-Benz Stadium, Atlanta
Atlanta Falcons
Year opened: 2017
Total cost: $1.5 billion
Private funds: $1.3 billion
Public funds: $214 million
Public share: 14%

The state donated land for the stadium valued at $14 million. A stadium authority raised $200 million in bonds that will be paid back through stadium revenue and a portion of a 7% city hotel and motel tax. The deal kept the team in Atlanta but it raised eyebrows because it replaced a stadium, the Georgia Dome, dating back only to 1992 and constructed fully with public funds.

U.S. Bank Stadium, Minneapolis
Minnesota Vikings
Year opened: 2016
Total cost: $1.1 billion
Private funds: $602 millon
Public funds: $498 million
Public share: 45%

The state agreed to pay $348 million toward the cost of the stadium, with the Minnesota legislature legalizing a new form of gambling, electronic pull-tabs, to cover its portion of the stadium debt. The City of Minneapolis covered the remaining $150 million by redirecting convention center tax revenue.

Levi’s Stadium, Santa Clara, Calif.
San Francisco 49ers
Year opened: 2014
Total cost: $1.3 billion
Private funds: $1.19 billion
Public funds: $114 million
Public share: 9%

The sale of stadium assets such as the naming rights, worth a reported $11 million annually, and seat licenses is meant to cover most of the cost of the stadium. The City of Santa Clara, which lured the 49ers away from San Francisco, agreed to pay an amount capped at $114 million, including $20 million to relocate and upgrade an electricity substation, $17 million for a parking garage and $35 million raised by a 2% tax on guests at eight hotels near the stadium.

MetLife Stadium, East Rutherford, N.J.
New York Giants/Jets
Year opened: 2010
Total cost: $1.6 billion
Private funds: $1.6 billion

Another example where the team, or teams in this case, covered the full cost of the stadium itself but taxpayers still made a considerable commitment to the project. The state provided the land for the stadium and training facilities and spent more than $250 million on improvements to highways, a new train station and utilities. The teams also control hundreds of acres of parking lots around the stadium.

AT&T Stadium, Arlington, Texas
Dallas Cowboys
Year opened: 2009
Total cost: $1.2 billion
Private funds: $750 million
Public funds: $444 million
Public share: 37%

The public share includes a 0.5% city sales tax increase, 2% city hotel tax increase, 5% city car-rental tax increase, 10% stadium admissions tax, 3.5% parking tax for stadium events and a $25 million county payment. The Cowboys, thanks in part to their palatial stadium along with league-high levels of revenue and operating income, are the most valuable NFL franchise, according to Forbes, worth an estimated $6.5 billion.

Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis
Indianapolis
Year opened: 2008
Total cost: $720 million
Private funds: $100 million
Public funds: $620 million
Public share: 86%

Critics say the agreement, dubbed a “sweetheart deal” by Forbes, includes too much public money. Negotiators say they were a small market starting with a bad hand. At the old stadium, Indianapolis paid the team $13 million annually – the difference between the Colts’ revenue and the median revenue of an NFL team. Hotel, car rental and restaurant taxes cover most of the public share in the new deal. The Colts get most stadium revenue and the city still was paying off the former RCA Dome more than a decade after it was imploded.

State Farm Stadium, Glendale, Ariz.
Arizona Cardinals
Year opened: 2006
Total cost: $455 million
Private funds: $109 million
Public funds: $346 million
Public share: 76%

The Cardinals threatened to move unless they got a new stadium, largely financed by taxpayers, to replace the stadium at Arizona State University in Tempe where they played home games. The team also sought a larger share of game-day revenue. The county agreed to impose car rental and hotel taxes, aimed at tourists, to cover most of the public share.

Lincoln Financial Field, Philadelphia
Philadelphia Eagles
Year opened: 2003
Total cost: $512 million
Private funds: $310 million
Public funds: $202 million
Public share: 39%

The public share included a state grant and a tax increase on rental cars. Critics complained about secretive negotiations and an end-of-year deadline that have required the city to cover the cost of $80 million in repairs to Veterans Stadium, where the Eagles and the Philadelphia Phillies baseball team played, if a financing deal on new venues for both teams wasn’t struck in time.

Ford Field, Detroit
Detroit Lions
Year opened: 2002
Total cost: $440 million
Private funds: $330 million
Public funds: $110 million
Public share: 25%

Wayne County taxes aimed at tourists – 2% rental car tax increase and 1% hotel room tax increase – and payments from the city of Detroit, the state of Michigan, and a quasi-public development authority covered the public share.

Gillette Stadium, Foxborough, Mass.
New England Patriots
Total cost: $325 million
Private funds: $325 million

Though the Patriots owners paid the full cost of the stadium itself, it’s important to note the state paid $72 million on road, sewer and other infrastructure improvements around the site. That was part of a last-ditch effort to keep the team from moving to Hartford, where Connecticut had offered to build a $374 million stadium at no cost to the Patriots and their owners.

Lumen Field, Seattle
Seattle Seahawks
Total cost: $430 million
Private funds: $130 million
Public funds: $300 million
Public share: 70%

The biggest part of the public share, $127 million, comes from the Washington State Lottery. A county sales tax and hotel and motel tax also contribute to the public portion, along with stadium parking and admissions taxes. The Seahawks will use naming rights revenue to pay for stadium improvements and capital projects.

NRG Stadium, Houston
Houston Texans
Total cost: $449 million
Private funds: $193 million
Public funds: $256 million
Public share: 57%

Public money comes from a 2% increase in the county’s hotel and motel tax, a 5% increase in the county’s car rental tax, a 20% tax on parking at Texans games, $1-per-ticket surcharge and a sales tax rebate on spending inside the stadium.

Empower Field at Mile High, Denver
Denver Broncos
Year opened: 2001
Total cost: $401 million
Private funds: $112 million
Public funds: $289 million
Public share: 72%

A 0.1% sales tax increase across six counties, along with interest earnings and the public share of naming rights revenue for the stadium, make up the public share. The deal gave the team control over nearly all stadium-related revenue but did require the Broncos to pay for a bigger share of operating expenses.

Heinz Field, Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh Steelers
Year opened: 2001
Total cost: $281 million
Private funds: $109 million
Public funds: $172 million
Public share: 61%

The public commitment included revenue from sales and hotel taxes, state and federal funding for infrastructure, a state grant and ticket surcharges. As is the case with many NFL teams, the Steelers keep the vast majority of the revenue generated at their publicly owned stadium.

Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Cincinnati Bengals
Year opened: 2000
Total cost: $450 million
Private funds: $25 million
Public funds: $425 million
Public share: 94%

Most of the public spending comes from a 0.5% increase in the county sales tax, used to pay off debt and maintenance for the city’s NFL stadium and a stadium built at the same time for the Cincinnati Reds baseball team. The Bengals had threatened to leave town unless they got a new stadium. The lopsided negotiations left Hamilton County taxpayers with what the Wall Street Journal later deemed “one of the worst professional sports deals ever struck by a local government.”

FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland
Cleveland Browns
Year opened: 1999
Total cost: $271 million
Private funds: $71 million
Public funds: $200 million
Public share: 74%

Cleveland had lost the Browns to Baltimore, where owner Art Modell moved and renamed the team in 1996 in frustration after not getting a new or renovated stadium in Ohio. The Browns were revived in 1999 after Cleveland agreed to build a new stadium for the team. The city borrowed its share of the cost of the stadium and initially relied on an alcohol and cigarette “sin tax” to pay off this debt before shifting to the general fund. The city receives some game-day revenue, such as parking and a tax on ticket sales.

Nissan Stadium, Nashville
Tennessee Titans
Year opened: 1999
Total cost: $292 million
Private funds: $85 million
Public funds: $207 million
Public share: 71%

The Oilers left for Tennessee after Houston refused to build the team a football-only stadium. They bounced around for two years before work concluded in 1999 in Nashville on what was initially called the Adelphia Coliseum before that company with Buffalo ties went bankrupt. Nashville paid $150 million toward the stadium costs, covered through hotel and motel taxes and surplus funds. The state agreed to pay its portion through sales tax generated by stadium activity.

M&T Bank Stadium, Baltimore
Baltimore Ravens
Year opened: 1998
Total cost: $226 million
Private funds: $22 million
Public funds: $204 million
Public share: 90%

Maryland lured away the Cleveland Browns, rebranded as the Ravens, with the promise of a new stadium in Baltimore largely financed with public funding. The state borrowed $200 million toward its cost and paid off the debt in part with money from Maryland’s lottery and stadium-related revenue.

Raymond James Stadium, Tampa, Fla.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Year opened: 1998
Total cost: $168.5 million
Private funds: $0 million
Public funds: $168.5 million
Public share: 100%

Hillsborough County voters in 1996 approved a half-cent increase in the sales tax for 30 years to use to pay off the cost of the publicly financed stadium, among other purposes. The owners of the Bucs had threatened to move if they didn’t get a new stadium. A former Tampa mayor had argued the use of the sales tax money for a stadium wasn’t legal, but his court challenge didn’t succeed.

#41757 1 year ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

The teams also control hundreds of acres of parking lots around the stadium.

In NY this means about $16M per season in parking. Nearly $200M in parking since it was built. The state should still control the parking to recoup portions of their costs. Add in all of the tax breaks and that 1.6B pays for itself quite quickly with two teams playing there.

#41767 1 year ago
Quoted from metallik:

Article mentions how the Bengals deal was considered horrible for Cincinnati at the time of conception... however, those two stadiums (and the accompanying highway rebuild) have transformed downtown Cincy into one of the best, most interesting and accessible downtowns in the region, maybe even the country.
You can park pretty much anywhere in Cincy, Newport or north Covington and have a relatively easy walk to either stadium, along with all the parks, music venues, museums and restaurants that have popped up in the last 20 years. I actually think the deal accomplished what they promised.
That doesn't mean the next stadium needs to cost 5B. We're here to watch football and football is what we're going to watch.. a roof might be nice but don't need nearly all that other bling.

Buffalo is again making the mistake of building the stadium 8 miles south of Buffalo. There are plenty of vacant building that could be torn down to make room for the stadium right in the city. Plenty of roads in and out. For a city that's made a huge comeback in the last 20 years, this would be the icing on the cake. But politicians are involved, so common sense goes right out the window. The Governor has already decided that the stadium needs to be built with union labor only, which forces prevailing wage which adds $234M to the cost of the stadium. Only 30% of the construction industry in the state is unionized, which leaves 70% of the workforce unable to work on the project.

2 weeks later
#41925 1 year ago

I'm pretty happy with the Sammy Watkins signing. 1 year and up to 4m is pretty good low-risk contingency plan. He's obviously not going to take care of all of our WR issues, but takes some of the pressure off going into the draft. Not only that, he's also apparently the #1 blocking WR in the NFL. Lazard also notably within the top 5.

I remember being excited about Sammy Watkins. He played a full season that year, and hasn't since. That dude is made of glass. Lower your expectations.

1 week later
#42078 1 year ago

Whose potentially great careers will be ruined tonight by getting picked by crappy teams with crappy management?

2 weeks later
#42454 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

What about Watkins?

I'd take the bag of rocks. As least you know exactly what you're getting.

#42484 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I wish I cared about nhl or nba. I just don’t though.

It's not far off from watching water boil or paint dry.

Maybe some snooker.

2 weeks later
#42598 1 year ago

Didn't we just see that golf with quarterbacks is better than the pro bowl?

#42600 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I forgot aboot it and missed it dammit.
I doubt I could have watched the whole thing as watching golf is for grandads, but a quick watch I'm sure it was great.

Allen had a golf ball with Brady's draft pic on it. Hilarious.

2 months later
#43767 1 year ago

How much is costs to watch it on a huge TV at home with cheap beer.

2012 - $0
2022 - $0

1 week later
#43874 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Bills release their punter they just drafted after a gang rape accusation on a minor.

Based on a civil case that was filed as soon as he made the roster. The timing was impeccable.

#43875 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Zeke is out here looking fat...and homeless...
I guess this whole "feed Zeke" thing has come full circle.
[quoted image]

He looks good for 30 yards a game.

1 week later
#44131 1 year ago

No. he's about 2 hours SE of me. But it's good to hear all of the fireworks going off all around here.

#44137 1 year ago
Quoted from truemagoo102:

Blackbeard you hearing the drunk college kids "ay AY ay ay" yet?

You don't need drunk college kids for that.

#44138 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

We will see what the Bills are made of when they are forced to contend with Tua in a couple weeks.

I just laughed so hard that i choked.

#44144 1 year ago
#44498 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Commies just doesn't fit either.

Well, it is in DC, soooo....

1 week later
#44805 1 year ago

Not a bad score for the Bills only playing 3 quarters.

Henry held to 1.9 yards per carry.

This whole thread is sleeping on the Bills.

#44852 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

You reallllly need to follow Levi a little harder and learn the art of baiting a bit better holmes.
Bills by 21.

only 21?

#44924 1 year ago

Sounds like a week for Amazon to get their crap together with a huge "who cares" game.

#44926 1 year ago

Their player is garbage. Try to fast forward or rewind an hour. When i started last week's game from the beginning, it gave me 90 minutes of pre game crap.
It took quite a while to FF all the way through it. 15 second skip is extremely slow as well. It can't take multiple commands and queue them. If i hit 15 second skip 10 times, the player will not accept any input until the first skip is complete.

If all you do is turn it on and don't touch anything, your experience will be fine. I start games late and skip all the commercials and halftime.

#45090 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

And the clock ticks to zero in Miami.

Miami beats the bills backups...

#45158 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It was a nice moment !
Go bills 2-1. They are the still the greatest team in football history, just a bump in the road. And I’m sure all the bandwagon bills fans who just appeared here last week will be back to grace this thread with their humor and insight like last week.

Interesting. Being a fan since the late 80's but not posting about 15 times a day makes me a bandwagon fan. Gotcha...

#45161 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Chargers and Bills stumbled but Im not worried for them.

The undefeated pressure is gone.

Hopefully the Dolphins get the Buffalo version of the Sunny side of the field in December. No functional heaters.

#45251 1 year ago

Nothing like slowing down from a run and having your knee explode inside.

#45468 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Got sacked. His only sack. And it didn’t seem that hard. He was immediately really effed up and his hands we’re all kinds of crazy like he was being shocked by electricity.

Scary locked hands.

1 week later
#45752 1 year ago

Maybe next week's game will be more exciting...

Oh wait. Bears and Commanders.

Maybe week 11.

#45785 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

3 quarterbacks in 3 years.
NONE OF YOU WILL EVER KNOW MY PAIN.

See Buffalo from 1997 - 2018

1997 Todd Collins (13) / Alex Van Pelt (3)
1998 Doug Flutie (10) / Rob Johnson (6)
1999 Doug Flutie (15) / Rob Johnson (1)
2000 Rob Johnson (11) / Doug Flutie (5)
2001 Alex Van Pelt (8) / Rob Johnson (8)
2002 Drew Bledsoe (16)
2003 Drew Bledsoe (16)
2004 Drew Bledsoe (16)
2005 J. P. Losman (8) / Kelly Holcomb (8)
2006 J. P. Losman (16)
2007 Trent Edwards (9) / J. P. Losman (7)
2008 Trent Edwards (14) / J. P. Losman (2)
2009 Ryan Fitzpatrick (8) / Trent Edwards (7) / Brian Brohm (1)
2010 Ryan Fitzpatrick (13) / Trent Edwards (2) / Brian Brohm (1)
2011 Ryan Fitzpatrick (16)
2012 Ryan Fitzpatrick (16)
2013 EJ Manuel (10) / Thad Lewis (5) / Jeff Tuel (1)
2014 Kyle Orton (12) / EJ Manuel (4)
2015 Tyrod Taylor (13) / EJ Manuel (2) / Matt Cassel (1)
2016 Tyrod Taylor (15) / EJ Manuel (1)
2017 Tyrod Taylor (14) / Nathan Peterman (2)
2018 Josh Allen (11) / Nathan Peterman (2) / Derek Anderson (2) / Matt Barkley (1)

What an effing 20 year shit show. Your pain is minimal.

#45816 1 year ago

Dude has no clue what to do with his life if football isn't in it. He's going to have a miserable retirement.

#46044 1 year ago

Man, I wish there was a game on tonight.

#46127 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This game finally got good

Wow. They almost combined for 20 points. Makes me almost look forward to the Taints and Cardinals next week.

#46147 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean, why did Brett Favre send unsolicited pictures of his misshapen penis to multiple team employees? He couldn't help himself.

Why do you know details of Brett Favre's penis?

#46156 1 year ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

No wonder "finding pussy" is a difficult concept for you.

It's definitely hard to find if you're busy looking at dick pics.

#46167 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

WTH? I leave you guys unsupervised for 6 hours and come back to 2 pages of posts debating the artistic merits of Brett Favre's dick? Was last nights epic showdown not enough to satisfy you guys until Sunday?

Apparently, there's some obsession with that subject matter.

#46291 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s an Empire State sweep!
People gotta stop sleeping on New York.

NY 1-0 this week

#46354 1 year ago

Sounds like it was written by the current administration's communications team.

#46407 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hell yeah Wilson slinging it all over like the good ole days !

Except he can't do that for a whole game. That went downhill quick.

#46423 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

A Black Friday game starting next year, exclusively on Amazon, of course.

Panthers vs Commanders?

2 months later
#50025 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Sammy Watkins cut, age 29 -- worth a pickup somewhere?

Not worth it. He's made of glass.

#50277 1 year ago

That should end the Tua MVP conversation.

1 week later
#51045 1 year ago

What makes no sense is that a company this large has no predefined scenarios for this. How can they be this unprepared?

#51631 1 year ago

Thank god Tua isn't playing on Sunday. I can't handle another guy collapsing on the field.

I do wonder if the NFL told Miami that he's not playing, or if they actually came up with that on their own. After the "back spasms" concussion and the "throw a bunch of interceptions and not remember i did that" concussion, I don't trust the Miami leadership to do the right thing.

Tua needs to be saved from his own team.

#51728 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Why would McDaniel get fired?

FB_IMG_1673490037415 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1673490037415 (resized).jpg
#51756 1 year ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

How many of you guys stream with YouTube TV?

I tried a bunch of the services and YouTubeTV was by far the best for football. They give a free trial to test it out. Why not give it a try this weekend?

#52065 1 year ago

My god that was the most incompetent ref crew in the Bills game. I've never seen so many plays run after the whistle ever.

#52239 1 year ago

Hopefully the Bills and Bengals don't bring their crap games next week. They both looked horrible for the most part.

#52649 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Labatt Blue Ice. Expensive but not available in the USA.

It's brewed and bottled in Rochester, NY.

#52742 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Chad Henne 99 yard drive.
Team effort.

With a roughing the passer gift.

#52747 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwillie:

If this were the bills or cincy ,mohomy would still be in

Why?

#52754 1 year ago

Refs are going hard against the jags now

#52760 1 year ago

Too many non calls against the chiefs. This is getting stupid.

#52796 1 year ago

Wayyyy too much help from the refs in this one. Chiefs couldn't win without it.

#52800 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

KC outplayed them, plain and simple. And I was rooting for Jax.

It was more the drive extending noncalls that I'm referring to.

#52902 1 year ago
Quoted from mof:

Running game -- 2-headed buzz saw
3rd down conversions -- sick
Sacks -- many
turnovers -- 0
Nobody wants to play the Eagles.

keep in mind that they were playing the giants.

10 months later
#65936 3 months ago

My section after Q3 when all the cowboys fans left.

IMG20231217185931 (resized).jpgIMG20231217185931 (resized).jpg
#65945 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cowboys nation got themselves some primo seats in the aftermarket!!!
Shame on you Bills Nation! We just selling lower level on the 50 to all comers now?!
Bills fans sleeping on the Bills?

I'm sure they just wanted to pay off next year's season tickets

#65947 3 months ago
Quoted from FalconDriver:

They came into town for the wings. Thats it.

the row in front of had been in town from Dallas since wednesday. Those are some pricey wings.

#66098 3 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

His son Jefferey pleaded guilty on sex charges 6 Years later.15 Year old girl .The apple dont fall far I guess.sick fux

immediate castration!

1 week later
#66638 3 months ago
Quoted from mof:

Hey what's up with the Jags? Weren't they supposed to turn it up a notch after last season?

Yeah, but Europe wouldn't let them stay.

#66800 89 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Happy Thursday.
Decades channel gone too soon. [quoted image]

That's why I have local storage and make my own channels.

#67305 84 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

It was funny when he was calling Kelce Mr. Pfizer.

When you get paid $20M from a drug company, the name fits.

#67351 84 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nobody's answered the big question yet.
Can The Dolphins win at least one of these last two games?
And why should I even care?

Perhaps the second one. But even then, as much as I'd love to see them beat the Chiefs and come to Buffalo for round 3, I don't think it'd happen.

#67366 84 days ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who is their most likely wildcard opponent then?

The Chefs

#67457 83 days ago

At least you haven't been conned into thinking you own a part of the team. Those are the true suckers.

#67880 80 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You think Bellicheck will draft a QB? Kind of has to at this point.

for who?

#68018 78 days ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Yeah, I thought the Jets would make the playoffs for sure before game 1.

Those three minutes were intense.

#68022 78 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Miami may not win the Superbowl but they will beat the Chefs Saturday on a channel Odin cannot see.

I have a hard time believing that. If Allen didn't hand them the ball three times, they would have absolutely been blown out by the Bills. I think both teams are better than average, but that's it.

#68039 78 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

My fear for the week after last week's game in the monsoon...
As much as we classically would like to treat a outdoor field in Jan as an advantage for a team that plays in a division of all outdoor fields.. in a physical, run heavy division like the AFC north (vs a dome team built around passing). I'm actually worried the Baltimore field will be a concern for the Ravens in the playoffs. The old stereotypes about run heavy bullies isn't what the Ravens are right now.
Lamar has a history of playing poor in the rain.
The team is not a brutal run heavy team anymore due to the injuries. We are a decently balanced attack that has struggled in the run game of late.
An environment that hinders passing will hurt the ravens just as much as the other team
The ravens are not playing good run defense of late... where most tackling is happening 4+yrds downfield
The team has not been 'weather' tested heavily this season
Sitting here in another monsoon this week... I worry that the winter field conditions in Baltimore may not be as much an advantage for the home team as it normally is seen as for the northern teams to host in the winter.

Games with garbage weather or fields are not fun to watch. There's no advantage. I was hoping Buffalo would build a dome. Nope.

#68185 75 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Antennas are really hard to use for sure.
In other news, they may move bills / Steelers to Cleveland?!

That was created by some radio station in Pittsburgh and they ran with it. Nothing the NFL came up with. Just a mere 1-3' of snow. Nothing bad.

#68191 75 days ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

McDonald's in my area are suspending Bullalo sauce with McNuggets to support the Steelers. Never even knew that was a choice.

They stopped selling Pittsburgh salads here. I don't even know what that is.

#68205 75 days ago

Personally, I'll boycott the most Pittsburgh thing in existence. Saying Yinz.

#68229 74 days ago

New York City's governor is a moron.

#69674 71 days ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Yes. They play the Bills who they should split with and the Jets twice and the Patriots twice. That’s 5 free wins right off the bat.

That's laughable

#70804 66 days ago

So many drops. Ugh.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
1,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider yaksplat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=yaksplat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.