dan-cant-see-me.gif
IMG_5213 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240407_183534931 (resized).jpg
38860405-3D86-49AB-9AE9-AE75342822BA.gif
20240406_180941 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (79 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (32 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolverinetuner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

766 posts in this topic match your search for posts by wolverinetuner. You are on page 1 of 4.
#10826 5 years ago

Just wait till next year!

#10828 5 years ago

Another interception ... Maybe make that 2 years

11 months later
#13665 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Lions doing lion things.

Time to say it even after the first game: Just wait til NEXT year!

1 week later
#13958 4 years ago

I had given up all hope for the Lions after game 1. Now they’ve given me a ray of hope after upsetting the Chargers. I’m sure this is just part of their regular pattern of giving hope only to dash it to the ground later!

#13962 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Don’t fall for t.

The problem is that it’s been so many decades (six, I think) since they’ve even been IN a championship game (and that was before there was a Super Bowl), that Lions fans are incredibly hungry for a winner and still latch onto anything positive and keep supporting this franchise, even though it’s become a standard for failure. That’s why it made sense for vicjw66 to say earlier here that the Chargers weren’t looking good because they lost to the Lions.

I remember that Dennis Green was fired by the Vikings right after they lost to the Lions one year!

#13965 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer67:

Yeah, sure there is some ownership malaise but this coaching regime for the Lions is different. There is a plan, there is competence at coaching, there is a vision -- including decent personnel management/putting the right players into position to succeed.

I’ve just seen it so often before. Respected coaches like Bobby Ross, Steve Mariucci, somehow something happens when they come to the Lions. Hopefully this current management can break the mold.

1 week later
#14256 4 years ago

Just left 4 points on the field with that field goal, but hey, the Lions actually look decent so far today. The refs are even helping by letting us get away with a blatant facemask!

#14258 4 years ago

The helmet even came flying off!

#14260 4 years ago

Just saw Packers game highlights. Perfect reason to eliminate the retro uniform games (the Lions’ retro uniforms are even worse).

#14267 4 years ago

Stafford just got hit by a Philly Mack truck! I’m sure that got the crowd going.

#14271 4 years ago

Lions give Carson Wentz too much time, miss 2 tackles, Philly starts its comeback with TD. Starting to look like the same old Lions.

#14274 4 years ago

Agnew was close to losing his spot on the Lions, and today he’s got a TD on a kickoff return and just had a nice punt return!

#14275 4 years ago

Can’t believe Goedert didn’t make that TD catch for the Eagles!

#14278 4 years ago

Bad Eagles decision to go for it on 4th down, IMO. You can punt, you have 3 timeouts and 2-min warning. Maybe, as Colson said, defense has been a problem, so they didn’t trust it. I agree with vicjw66.

#14279 4 years ago

Ah, now I see the Philly strategy: simply rely on the same old Lions!

#14280 4 years ago

Unbelievably, the Lions hold on!

#14538 4 years ago

Big play, turnover for the Eagles, possible injury to Rogers.

#14541 4 years ago

How was that not pass interference?

#14544 4 years ago

I guess after that last non-call I have no idea what pass interference is anymore. I guess you can push the receiver’s arms around just before the ball gets there as long as you don’t rip his helmet off.

#14552 4 years ago

Wow, what a hit, but from a teammate!

#14553 4 years ago

Hope Maddox is okay. I don’t think anyone wants to see that kind of thing happen.

#14560 4 years ago

Hope Maddox is alright. Scary stuff.
That last play deserved another look to me. Got there pretty early, but I dont have much confidence they would have overturned anyway.
If you would have told me we'd be 3-1 with 2 division wins, I'd be pretty happy. Really would have liked to steal this one though.

I don’t understand why GB didn’t challenge, nothing to lose at that point and could possibly have been overturned.

#14565 4 years ago

Thanks for straightening me out. Too bad for GB on that rule tonight.

#14569 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you're probably a lions fan... They haven't had great role models for throwing challenge flags (with Schwartz on the field no less).

Unfortunately, yes. If they can beat KC I’ll be thrilled, but I don’t think it’s gonna happen.

#14572 4 years ago

And yes, Jim Schwartz, another in the long list whose head coaching career ended with the Lions.

#14575 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

All turnovers are automatically reviewed, I'd assume PI would be included now.

I would hope they would automatically review PI that late and at such a crucial point in the game.

#14618 4 years ago

Lions actually able to run the ball, OL playing well, some nice play calling, Lions surprisingly tied with Chief at halftime.

#14621 4 years ago

Wild, bizarre third quarter in Detroit so far! Lions touchdown call by refs overturned, 3 fumbles, including Lions coughing up the ball trying to run it in at KC goal line and Chiefs running it back 100 yds for TD while other players thought the play was dead. Stranger than fiction!

#14623 4 years ago

Yet another fumble!

#14624 4 years ago

I think Hockenson just learned the hard way not to attempt to hurdle two defenders. Hope he’s okay.

#14627 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

I thought the KC would blow the lions off the field today.....

So did I, but the Lions are actually ahead late in the third quarter!

#14630 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Did someone bring a case of RedBulls to the Lions locker room?

Whatever it is, they need to do it every week.

#14632 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

What a joke.

The Lions seem to be playing against the Chiefs and the officiating (in Detroit and at NFL HQ) today.

#14638 4 years ago

Nice comeback TD drive by Lions. Ahead of Chiefs late in the fourth, and NFL in NY allows it this time!

#14639 4 years ago

Now for the Lions D to step up, again.

#14647 4 years ago

The Chiefs win with help from NFL HQ and a bizarre fluke 100 yd fumble return TD, but what an entertaining game! Going in I was going to be satisfied if the Lions kept within a TD, and they did better than that. It’s an L, but I was expecting much worse. Maybe the Lions are actually heading in the right direction for a change.

1 week later
#14825 4 years ago

Lions have bye, so go Raidahs, G-men, and Cowboys! (Unfortunately, I guess I've jumped back on the Lions bandwagon for the eventual letdown.)

#14826 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Colt mcCoy is getting thr start in Washington. He has started only 3 games in the last 5 years.........

But, as they say, the fourth time’s the charm. No, wait...

#14831 4 years ago

Just saw the Bears-Raiders score. What’s up with that? And the Raiders had to endure an even larger time-change.

#14833 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm not positive but I think he's 6" tall.

I just looked it up. Kyler Murray is 5’ 10”.

#14841 4 years ago

Some nice play calling and execution puts the Raiders back on top in London over the Bears. Entertaining game. Under 2 minutes left.

#14843 4 years ago

Raiders come up with huge interception, just need a first down to ice the game.

#14850 4 years ago

Prescott not looking too sharp today. 2 picks already.

#14856 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Down 17-0
This has been a horrible game for the Cowboys so far.

And it isn’t getting any better. Cowboys can’t get offense going and can’t stop Aaron Rodgers.

#14860 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Dolphins
Bills
Jets
They are starting every season 6-0.

Have we gone from inflategate to schedulegate?

#14863 4 years ago

Cowboys needed a spark, maybe they just got one. Nice pass by Prescott under pressure for TD.

#14868 4 years ago

Dallas comeback continues with another TD, saved twice from turning it over during the drive by penalties.

#14871 4 years ago

Wow, another Prescott pick. May be too far gone now for the Cowboys.

#14872 4 years ago

Hey, Packers fans, does Rodgers have a big problem with his new head coach? It looks like Aaron’s not very happy with him.

#14875 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Omg!!! At least it has become somewhat of a game. I just can’t stop thinking that I’m sure it’s to lil to late.

Definitely possible for the Cowboys if they get a stop now.

#14877 4 years ago

I’m not a fan of the prevent defense. It may “prevent” the Packers from stopping the Cowboys from scoring another TD.

#14880 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Cowboys missed 33 yd. field goal game over.

But the Cowboys did play better in the second half and made it entertaining. I was hoping they’d beat the Pack, though.

#14885 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

After well over 20 years since last Super Bowl win, morale victories me NOTHING to this Cowboys fan.
Dak and Zeke are over-rated and Dak still misses a l too many plays/passes but shows great incredible skills which gives us Cowboys fans hope. I realize no one completes every pass but Dak still need to grow and be more consistent for Dallas to have a chance to be champions. Zeke concerns me he will do something stupid and get suspended again. Dallas isn't nearly as good as the Patriots who baring major injuries will be in the Super Bowl again. Except for the great run of last year's second half of the season, under Jason G. as the coach, Dallas has a history of blowing a ton of games. Especially in the 4th quarter or looking really horrible for 2-3 quarters and then making some final scores look close.
Sigh I wish I could believe this loss would motivate the Cowboys to go on a great winning streak but right now I'm not sure they are the best team in the division and certainly no where close in the NFC much less the league.

If it makes you feel any better, as a Lions fan, we’ve never been to the Super Bowl, I think we’ve won a grand total of 2 playoff games since the Super Bowl started, and the last time the Lions won the NFL championship was 1957, 5 years before I was born.

#14924 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If a fan base supports a team no matter how crappy they are (like the cubs all those years) there is no incentive for the owner to make the team competitive.

You have just summarized a main line of discussion on Detroit sports talk radio for decades (but only concerning the Lions).

1 week later
#15083 4 years ago

Of course the Lions would get falsely called for hands to the face when the Packers would otherwise be held to a field goal with time left for a final Lions drive.

#15120 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Everyone loves to blame the officials...yes they make bad calls, but those typically even out throughout the game...the Lions lost because they sucked in the red zone and gave up too many big plays

I used to hold to that idea too, but now I’m thinking if you played well enough to have more points than your opponent, even with field goals instead of TDs, you should get a W. Saying that “we should have played better so the game wouldn’t be in the refs’ hands” (which I heard someone on Detroit radio say today), you’re essentially saying that you need to play for a “super victory” to overcome bad officiating as well as the other team. You shouldn’t have to do that.

#15143 4 years ago

I also hate the idea of teams splitting a stadium. It messes with the schedule if nothing else

Don’t the Giants and Jets play in the Meadowlands? Do you think that’s a problem, Levi? I’ve never heard much complaining about it, but I don’t live near the Big Apple either.

#15159 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'd settle for a wild card hat for either of my teams

I would be excited for a wild card hat and THRILLED with a “We Won a Playoff Game” hat for the Lions. That’s how low the bar has gone/been. They would probably raise a banner if the Lions won a playoff game.

#15272 4 years ago

Maybe they should make the broadcast slot for each game longer. There was just a lengthy delay in the Lions-Vikings game for an unsolicited review of a pass interference call that resulted in the ruling on the field standing.

1 week later
#15414 4 years ago

Nice break for the Lions, D picks up Giants backward pass and runs it in for TD.

#15415 4 years ago

I’m not used to seeing Golden Tate in a Giants uniform, especially back at Ford Field.

#15416 4 years ago

Nice catch by Slayton to put Giants on the board. He was well-covered.

#15417 4 years ago

Any other pinsiders watching an early NFL game today? Halfway through second quarter in Detroit already, with G-men down by 7 and moving down the field. Am I flying solo?

#15419 4 years ago

Slayton with another really nice TD catch, but Giants miss the extra point and fail to tie it up. Lions came out strong but haven’t done much since.

#15420 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Always!
I play fantasy football, so I watch all the games.

Great, glad someone else is aboard. But what happened to Levi, Colson, etc?

#15423 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Watching Cincy and Rams right now. Lions on top by 1.

Lions punt again, I’m not sure Lions will be on top much longer in this battle of 2-win teams.

#15424 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Lions punt again, I’m not sure Lions will be on top much longer in this battle of 2-win teams.

Check that, Giants penalty on Lions punt gives Lions first down.

#15426 4 years ago

Lions up on Giants by 4 at halftime. Time to work on removing a stripped coil bracket screw on Cleopatra EM!

#15428 4 years ago

After successful stripped screw removal, Lions actually come strong in second half with a TD. Win and win!

#15429 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’m lingering. When I said I was stepping out a week ago, I meant from all football. Eagles aren't playing good which is frustrating, and I’m really just sick of all the flags and ridiculousness going on in the games.
I’m driving my Spiderman PF to Maryland to get it touched up and clearcoated. More productive than sitting around.

Thanks for letting us know you’re alive and well. Please post pics of the Spidey playfield when it’s done!

#15431 4 years ago

G-men get TD and miss 2-pt attempt. Wonder if not taking single extra point will come back to bite em.

#15432 4 years ago

Lions flea-flicker 41-yard Stafford to Golladay TD strike. Where was this nice play-calling in the last 3 games?

#15434 4 years ago

Lions D stops Giants on 4th down again with 3:22 to go up by 12, G-men running low on time.

#15435 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

They didn't play the Giants the last 3 weeks.

True, but they didn’t even try a play anything close to that creative. It certainly helps to be playing the Giants instead of a team like GB!

#15438 4 years ago

Lions hold on for first win in 4 games.

1 week later
#15536 4 years ago

What a bad ending for Indy. The laces were placed the wrong way by the holder, but the kicker shanked the FG kick so badly that I doubt the laces caused the miss. Steelers get to .500.

#15543 4 years ago

Nice Stafford to Golladay pass for 60-yd TD, Lions go ahead of Raiders.

#15552 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

There you go. Gordon got you a TD. Made it look easy too.

Go Chargers!

#15555 4 years ago

The Lions have now pretty much lost any chance of making the playoffs after losing to the Raiders, a team they should have beaten. And the Lions legacy lives on.

1 week later
#15618 4 years ago

Da Bears figured out the Lions without Stafford by halftime and are starting to run away with the game, as I suspected that even the Bears would do.

#15620 4 years ago

Unbelievably, backup QB Jeff Driskel hits Golladay on a broken play for a 41-yd TD strike, Lions down by 7 and back in it in Chicago with 5:45 to go!

#15621 4 years ago

Same old Lions

#15634 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The real saying should be SOLF, Same old lions fans. You really thought they were going to pull it out didn't you?

Yep. I always seem to get sucked in by this franchise, just HOPING that maybe ONCE we’ll have an elite team, even a Cinderella team. I thought today’s game without Matthew Stafford would be a disaster from the first kickoff, and when it wasn’t, I foolishly let my hopes go up, AGAIN!

We’ve always got that great memory to turn back to of the ‘57 championship team with Bobby Lane (that won it all about 5 years before I was born).

#15635 4 years ago

I got a chuckle when one of the national announcers thought it was incredible that the Bears and the Lions have never met in post-season play. OF COURSE they haven’t! The Lions almost never even MAKE IT to post-season play!

#15636 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

[quoted image]

Colson, I didn’t see the Madden Cat image till today. Well done!

#15697 4 years ago

Detroit sports radio today said Lions are odds-on favorite team to sign Kap at 5 to 1. Stafford just sat out his first game in 8 seasons injured, and the Lions haven’t exactly got a lot at backup QB. Matt Patricia and GM Bob Quinn might be feeling heat to finish the season with some wins to keep their jobs.

9 months later
#24461 3 years ago

I’m hoping this will give the Lions’ running game a temporary pick-up like Reggie Bush did. At least now I think there is some talent in the wings to continue when the Lions’ time with AP is over.

#24462 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are the Lions committed to making him the starter

I hope so.

1 week later
#24774 3 years ago

What I’m noticing right now as different is that there isn’t any booing at a Lions home game.

#24779 3 years ago

Hockenson and Swift come through for the Lions, who finally get into the end zone against the Bears near the end of the half.

#24782 3 years ago

Cousins 2/4 with an INT going into half. Go Pack Go!!!

I guess they need to turn up the crowd noise louder to fire up Cousins. But maybe not, I’d like to see the Vikings start 0-1.

#24786 3 years ago

Who is this QB, and what did he do with Matthew Stafford? Great drive for second Lions TD, with tight passes, no incompletions.

#24790 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Wentz’s accuracy was pretty damn good in the first quarter, now it feels like he couldn’t hit the side of a friggin school bus.

Hey there, watch it! My wife is a school bus driver!

#24797 3 years ago

AD is having a good first game as a Lion, still looks like he’s got gas left in the tank. Glad your team let him go, Levi. We’ve actually got a running game right now.

#24804 3 years ago

Same old Lions are rearing their ugly heads again, right on the verge of blowing a 17-point lead. Matthew Stafford throws a pick just before 2-minute warning with Bears down by 3.

#24807 3 years ago

Bears already scored on a TD pass, Bears have their first lead of the game, 27-23, 1:54 left.

#24816 3 years ago

Swift drops a sure TD pass to complete the Lions implosion. Doesn’t look like ownership’s mandate for a “playoff contender” is going to be met.

#24819 3 years ago

But c’mon, we won the NFL championship in 1957 (five years before I was born)!

1 week later
#25106 3 years ago

I enjoyed Kerryon Johnson jumping into the stands and acting like fans were congratulating him after scoring the Lions’ opening TD at Lambeau.

#25109 3 years ago

Lions looking good early against the Pack, up 14-3, but just wait until the 4th quarter...

#25118 3 years ago

Lions looking good early against the Pack, up 14-3, but just wait until the 4th quarter...

Actually, just wait until the 2nd quarter.

#25121 3 years ago

The Lions implosion started earlier today, and now Stafford throws pick-6 and the Packers have scored 28 unanswered points (so far). At least this keeps our defense rested.

#25128 3 years ago

Really nice scrambling TD throw by Matthew Stafford, looked like Aaron Rodgers with twice the arm strength.

#25131 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And 30 times the loses

And Rodgers has 30 times the money from endorsements, but that comes with winning. No, wait, I wouldn’t know about that, I’m a Lions fan!

#25132 3 years ago

Just saw the Colts-Vikes score. What happened to the Vikings?

#25138 3 years ago

Wow! What were the Falcons doing?

#25140 3 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

What they always do, they only play the first half of any game.

But they went out of their way to not touch the kick until it went 10 yards!

#25144 3 years ago

Falcons fans, welcome to the Lions club. Congrats to the Cowboys fans, you’ll have fun remembering this game all week!

4 weeks later
#26005 3 years ago

14-3. Lions have now set up the Jags for a comeback victory.

#26038 3 years ago

Why in the world didn’t the Bears run the ball on 3rd and short to put the game away against the Panthers?

#26039 3 years ago

It ended up not making a difference, Bears D comes up with a pick after punting it away.

1 week later
#26207 3 years ago

How did the Falcons beat the Vikes last week? They don’t look very good against the Lions so far today.

#26227 3 years ago

The Falcons worked hard to give the Lions the game, and the Lions managed to eke it out in the last seconds. Regime change by the Ford family gets less likely with each Lions win.

#26228 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You say that like the Vikings are good. Haha

I was actually thinking more like the Lions are bad, and the Vikings are probably at least better than the Lions.

#26232 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just have to point out this is my first weekend with the new 65 inch tv and it rules.
I no longer fear the quad box !!!
Such a sick living room
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I wondered how that could be your living room until I saw the second pic with the Rolling Stones.

#26234 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know for you country folk this isn’t so impressive but for an nyc apartment this is like rich people stuff!!!
Note, it’s not also my kitchen or bedroom!!!

Yeah, my pins are all in the barn next to the feeding troughs and the bales of hay!

1 week later
#26386 3 years ago

The Lions strike first against the Colts with a TD pass, and so far the defense has Philip Rivers looking uncomfortable. This is the predictable part of the season when I start to actually buy into the Lions, only to be dashed back to reality later.

2 weeks later
#26559 3 years ago

Unbelievably, the Lions push back Washington some 24 yards on two defensive plays, changing a FG into a punt, to keep Washington’s season-long opening-drive scoreless streak alive.

#26560 3 years ago

Levi, your team needs to win this game so we can get a regime change!

#26561 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s with the camel

I think it’s from the Geico commercial where the camel is excited on Wednesday because it’s hump day.

#26564 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lol good luck with that

I must admit, they’re working hard to give the game to the Lions so far.

#26569 3 years ago

Hey Levi, maybe I’ll get my wish yet!

#26571 3 years ago

Chase Young was instrumental in the Lions’ win with an ill-timed roughing the passer penalty. Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia may have just gotten enough to keep their jobs, at least for the time being. Washington did not help us at all today! But I am very impressed with the grit of Alex Smith.

1 week later
#26756 3 years ago

Am I the only one getting tired of the State Farm commercial with Patrick Mahomes emptying a ketchup bottle on his steak?

#26758 3 years ago

They never seem to make Aaron Rogers look dumb in those commercials, always someone else.

#26759 3 years ago

As you can probably tell, I’m really getting into this game where the Lions can’t handle an XFL quarterback.

#26777 3 years ago

Hopefully, the Lions not only losing to the Panthers, but looking really bad doing so, will jolt Lions ownership into the regime change that is badly needed, IMO. The owner had said she expected the team to be playoff competitive this season, a low standard, and this should show that they definitely fall short of that. With more than six minutes left in the game but down by 3 scores, the Lions went for it on 4th and 20 and effectively ended the game. Thank you Carolina!

#26892 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

An excellent player on mostly bad teams who got a lot of targets but didn't play a long time.

Unfortunately, the legacy left by a great player who got selected by the Detroit Lions.

#26895 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WR can be tough. I watched Calvin every week and he was an awesome WR fo sho....but if I'm looking at this I'm not saying he's a lock above Holt or Wayne.

If only Calvin would have “completed the process” on that TD catch...

#26898 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wonder if the HOF takes into account "longevity" vs. "quitting?" AKA "The lions clause."

It didn’t keep Barry Sanders out.

#26899 3 years ago

Lions’ long-term best interest needs a Texans win today, hopefully a big one.

#26901 3 years ago

Now I feel conflicted. AP wrote a great article in today’s Detroit Free Press:

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2020/11/26/detroit-lions-adrian-peterson-a-a-peterson-family-foundation-gleaners-food-bank/6417099002/

Now I’m hoping AP has a great game, but that the Texans still prevail.

#26903 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

See this is a Lions Fan. Starts to believe and directly after pick 6

Actually, I am hoping for the Texans to beat the Lions today, that’s what I meant by “a Texans win today,” although my language was ambiguous. I’ve been rooting against the Lions to bring about regime change for at least 3 weeks now.

EDIT: Sorry, just saw your last post. You obviously knew what I meant.

#26906 3 years ago

One year they prohibited fans from bringing grocery bags into Ford Field, but where there’s a will, someone finds a way!

#26909 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

The turnover bowl. This is comically bad.

Which team wants to give away the game more?

#26910 3 years ago

Based on my earlier post, I’m glad AP gets the TD. Now the Texans need to take over, likely with help from the Lions, of course, like the penalty on the Lions kick.

#26912 3 years ago

Too early to call yet, but it’s looking good for the Texans win I’m rooting for!

#26914 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think it’s over now

The fat lady is singing.

#26952 3 years ago

Yes! I’m pleased that ownership didn’t wait until the end of the season before getting rid of Bob Quinn and Matt Patricia, although I was pretty sure they would. There is now the chance of some hope for the future of the franchise here. Hopefully the Fords will choose a good GM, but they’ll have to do better than their track record. Just don’t choose someone from the broadcast booth or someone just because they’ve been with a winning team in the past. Gotta get that up-and-comer based on their own front-office football credentials.

1 week later
#27074 3 years ago

It doesn’t look like the Lions are experiencing any “Bevell bump.” This defense makes any other team look good.

#27077 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Trubisky is the Lions tamer

Just like XFLer PJ Walker

#27079 3 years ago

I just noticed that Darrell Bevell looks a lot like Rod Marinelli...

13326168-C56F-4050-B2CF-0CBCE6B2FF0C (resized).jpeg13326168-C56F-4050-B2CF-0CBCE6B2FF0C (resized).jpeg56F38302-C363-411A-BC5D-1B56D79486A1 (resized).jpeg56F38302-C363-411A-BC5D-1B56D79486A1 (resized).jpeg
#27087 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

As it should be the SB winner will come out of the AFC this year.

C’mon, Fox put up a graphic showing the Lions as still in the hunt!

#27090 3 years ago

Da Bears cough it up in their own end and actually give the Lions a late lead, can’t make this stuff up!

#27092 3 years ago

Lions now have a perfect record under head coach Bevell. Playoffs, here we come!

1 week later
#27298 3 years ago

Now that regime change is on the way, I’m rooting for the Lions again. Not a bad start with opening-drive TD against the Pack. But I have my doubts about their ability to stop or even slow down Rodgers.

#27300 3 years ago

I have my doubts about their ability to stop or even slow down Rodgers

That didn’t take long. I rest my case.

#27303 3 years ago

I’m not dismissing Bevell off-hand. Belichick and Shula were Lions assistants, and they let them go. I’m certainly not saying that I know Darrell Bevell is on that level, but I’m willing to see what he can do with the rest of the season. Just to take a look at him in this role right now, that’s all.

#27310 3 years ago

Lions manage a tie a the half. I like the way they actually managed the clock and then tried to get some more points at the end of the half, just didn’t execute well enough at the end.

#27311 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Should be a good game this evening w the Steelers/Bills. My Chiefs took care of business 2day, and now cheering for the Bills to smash Big Ben and Pitt.

I agree that should be really good game tonight.

#27317 3 years ago

Lions fall short, but, surprisingly, they were in it almost to the end. Pack now sits atop NFC with tie-breaker over Saints.

#27319 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Washington wins ugly with predictably horrific offensive performance but I’ll take it.
Alex smith hurt didn’t play second half
We need Antonio Gibson back. Badly.

An unlikely playoff run for Washington. Better make sure that big screen tv of yours is working for the Washington Super Bowl appearance, Levi!

#27321 3 years ago

And what in the world is going on with the Eagles over the Saints?

3 weeks later
#28022 3 years ago

In other NFC North news, it sounds like the lions are pursuing Schneider as their next GM. It certainly seems unlikely, but it would definitely change the way I look at that franchise.

A higher draft pick couldn’t hurt getting him. Go Vikings!

4 weeks later
#30052 3 years ago

I’m late getting in on this, but I think the Lions just got away with highway robbery. It’ll be interesting to see how Matt Stafford handles the pressure of the situation in LA after they traded the farm for him. Lions’ new GM is apparently a good evaluator of college players, so the draft capital is great!

THIS was worth rooting against the Lions most of the season for regime change! GM who should draft much better, and and a head coach who wants his team to “bite ‘em in the kneecaps”

#30053 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Soooooo....you are saying the Cowboys are due??

I’ll take your 32 years and raise you to 63!

1 week later
#30225 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

How was that not grounding by Mahomes?
(Im in bias "the team im cheering for can do no wrong mode")

I was thinking the same thing.

#30230 3 years ago

For all you old guys, that guy in the sesame street spot played Jefferson in Hamilton. (My wife told me)

I had no idea it was a Door Dash commercial til the end.

#30234 3 years ago

Bucs finally get into Chiefs’ territory.

#30236 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OK waht are the odds on Brady finally scoring that 1q TD?

100%

#30247 3 years ago

Brady gets a short field, Chiefs not looking very good right now.

#30251 3 years ago

KC penalties are killing them!

#30254 3 years ago

KC penalties are killing them!

Wow, unbelievable!

#30264 3 years ago

That must have been the old backpedal play

#30270 3 years ago

Another critical KC flag, and no question on that one.

#30276 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Pass was overthrown and uncatchable. And another one!!!!

When you shoestring tackle the receiver and the ball is anywhere in the vicinity, you’re gonna get a flag. But I agree on the crossbar pass call.

#30287 3 years ago

Boomer must have heard you about the refs, Colson. I wonder if there’ll be any make-up calls the other way in the 2nd half.

#30292 3 years ago

The wierdness reminds me of some Olympics opening ceremonies

#30297 3 years ago

I think the Jimmy John’s commercials are my favorite so far. Tony Balonavich, great stuff!

#30299 3 years ago

KC starting to let someone other than Mahomes run with the ball.

#30302 3 years ago

That TD looked too easy, pretty much untouched.

#30307 3 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Romo is almost unlistenable.

Right as Tony Romo is talking about a dream comeback for the Chiefs, Patrick Mahomes gets sacked, classic.

#30316 3 years ago

Did Tony Romo really just say it was tough to see the offsides “because he’s so fast, ‘the Flash’”?

#30321 3 years ago

Patrick Mahomes simply cannot do it all by himself.

#30349 3 years ago

Ouch! Big hit by Suh

#30351 3 years ago

I don’t think I’ve seen a QB scrambling around for his life so much before.

#30357 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

So what are the odds Tom calls it quits and goes out on top an 8 time SB winner?

zero to none, even if this was his eighth Super Bowl win. He said he wants to play til he’s 45, and recently said it may be longer if he has another season like this one.

#30362 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The Chiefs just had too many penalties early on and gave Brady too many chances

...and couldn’t protect their QB

#30369 3 years ago

The big question is: Will Tom Brady now be in State Farm commercials?

#30434 3 years ago

To end all question as to whether Tom Brady can elevate to greatness whatever team he is on, have him come to the Lions!

6 months later
#31661 2 years ago

I haven’t been interested in a preseason game in a long time, but tonight’s a first quick peek at the new Lions regime against the Bills, and I’m at least gonna watch the starters play in the first qtr.

#31662 2 years ago

First possession: 3 and out, -11 yds. Maybe I should start touching up that backglass …

#31668 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I did find this story amusing. Apparently a new running back was signed so soon before the game he didn't know any teammates
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32018702/detroit-lions-rb-craig-reynolds-scores-first-career-td-day-tryout-introduced-huddle

I hadn’t heard that. Headline says he introduced himself in the huddle. Lions are certainly exploring a lot of options! I didn’t see the TD he scored because I was actually touching up that backglass.

2 weeks later
#31901 2 years ago

In a surprise move, the NFL cuts the Lions.

Hey, I resemble that remark!

1 week later
#32053 2 years ago

Why would the Niners put Trey Lance in for a single play in the middle a scoring drive?

#32056 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

To throw a TD obv

Obviously, why didn’t I know that!

#32058 2 years ago

Really liked that Lions TD drive, especially not kicking a FG on 4th and short.

#32060 2 years ago

First pick 6 thrown by Jared Goff this season. He has to cut down the turnovers this year for the Lions to win some games.

#32074 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lions always trying to give people hope...ha ha. Great 4th down play Goff!

I really like how they didn’t just roll over when they were down by 24 late. At least they made it entertaining and came very close to an unlikely comeback. I must admit, I don’t get throwing the ball away on 4th down instead of throwing a jump ball to the end zone.

#32101 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I can say this aboot Goff, he looks like a Lions QB

We’ll see if Matthew Stafford still looks like one tonight.

#32128 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

All 4 NFC West teams won their games today, that's going to be a tough division

But even after losing the Lions are tied for first in the NFC north!

1 week later
#32555 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh man it would be great!!!
Prediction - Rodgers 300+ 4tds

Yeah, Aaron Rodgers is gonna want to silence all the naysayers tonight.

#32556 2 years ago

Wow, I thought we didn’t have any wide receivers!

#32558 2 years ago

I must be watching the wrong game. My picture looks like the Lions just scored. Maybe it’s another team, they are wearing white pants…

#32559 2 years ago

I’m guessing you’re a Lions fan tonight. And that’s fine with me, the more the merrier!

#32561 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You've neve seen the Lions blow a lead?

I didn’t expect them to ever GET a lead!

#32563 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Every time they’re playing the Packers.

And probably the Vikings too!

#32568 2 years ago

First TD of the year! So what if it came in wk2 against the Lions...

It shows the Packers can score against a porous defense. I’m not sure our D is any better this year.

#32569 2 years ago

How was that intentional grounding?

#32572 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Anybody else watching Peyton and Eli on espn2.Would be awesome to knock back some beers with Peyton watching a game at his house.

I just switched to espn2, and I’m switching back. Right now they’re talking w/Gronk about nothing concerning this game. Maybe if my team wasn’t playing it would be better…

#32573 2 years ago

Nice Hockenson TD catch!

#32577 2 years ago

Wow, great protection, Goff had all day on that pass!

#32584 2 years ago

I’ll definitely take the lead at halftime. I sure didn’t expect that.

#32590 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Their line is playing well, or is it the Packs D line sucks?

It might be both. Sewell does seem like the real deal, at least at left tackle.

#32592 2 years ago

I just hope the Lions play better in the second half than I just played on a pin during halftime!

#32594 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Oh I’ll just add I LOVE seeing a coach call the last second icing TO only to see the kicker miss and then make the real one for 3.
It’s a dumb novelty that worked ONCE (I think shanahan invented it?) and then everybody copied it for 2 years with mixed results and then finally stowed it away till this moron decided to get cute.

Our placekicking is suspect, so I did appreciate the gratuitous second chance.

#32602 2 years ago

How did Tonyan catch that bullet with a guy right on him? Gotta tip the hat there.

#32605 2 years ago

I guess Aaron Rodgers has abandoned the slicked-back hair look, at least for tonight.

#32607 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Hockenson is the real deal.

And he can block, too.

#32610 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

A terrible 4th and short call

That might be the big momentum changer in the game.

#32612 2 years ago

You gotta admit, despite the penalty, Jacobs did prevent a pass completion

#32613 2 years ago

This is classic Rodgers right now.

#32617 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is starting to look pretty over

Lions were down by 24 late against SF last week and actually had a chance to tie by the end.

#32619 2 years ago

Well, now your point is stronger, Levi.

#32620 2 years ago

I think he needs a few more screens, you just can’t ever have enough screens.

#32624 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

So I guess another touchdown, (42-17) and the exciting comeback starts?

Just need to get far enough behind so the comeback just falls short again.

#32625 2 years ago

Completely unforced near-turnover and drive-killer.

#32628 2 years ago

I think the fat lady is at least warming up.

#32631 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You haven't watched many lions games, have you?

Too many, too many…

#32632 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You haven't watched many lions games, have you?

And you’ve never seen me play pinball! The Lions might have actually topped my performance on that pin.

#32634 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

If only this Lions team had a better QB….

And a better defense, and better receivers, and a better placekicker…

#32635 2 years ago

However, we do have a great punter, seriously. Nothing like the punter as the building block for a team!

#32636 2 years ago

Thanks for putting up with all my banter tonight, everyone. It’s one of the very few times the main attention is focused on my team’s game!

3 weeks later
#33555 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

If Jax can do it -- Lions can do it!
Time to shake off that goose egg.

Unless the Lions can stop Mixon, I think the goose egg’s stayin’. Penei Sewell has been moved to the outside, and he hasn’t looked good there so far.

#33570 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wow the lions are bad. Go Bengals. 4-2

This is definitely a rebuild for the Lions, and there wasn’t much to start with. Not wasting much time into the 17-game era for this campaign to be the first 0-17. Too bad there isn’t an obvious standout QB prospect so far for the next draft at no. 1.

#33620 2 years ago

Henry looks like a tough back to bring down, he just pounds through.

#33621 2 years ago

That was textbook material for the chapter “How to Make Sure You Get Called for Pass Interference in the End Zone.”

#33628 2 years ago

Gotta love the turf stuck on the helmet after the TD run.

#33629 2 years ago

That was a great pass by Allen running for his life!

#33634 2 years ago

I agree with going for it and not a FG, but what a stop by the Titans! Great finish!

1 week later
#33924 2 years ago

Did that ball break the plane?

#33929 2 years ago

If you signal a fair catch, either catch the ball or clear the area!

#33935 2 years ago

Another AZ turnover deep in their own end. Not a recipe for beating Aaron Rodgers.

#33937 2 years ago

Nice catch by Cobb.

#33940 2 years ago

I think he’s looking for the license plate of that Mack truck…

#34023 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Detroit wins today.

Wins the race for the no. 1 draft pick.

1 week later
#34414 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I have, however, crossed paths with multiple dozens of distant Red Wings and Pistons 'fans' during the 80s and 90s.

I started rooting for the Wings in High School in the late 70s. They were so bad that they perennially missed the oh-so-easy-to-make playoffs, they tried to bring in fans with the slogan “Aggressive Hockey is Back in Town,” and one year, with Brad Park as HC, they accumulated a total of 40 points in the standings the entire 80-game season. But they were my team, and I rooted them on.

Then they lured Jacques Demers away from the Blues, he taught them how to play defense, and set them on a course that eventually (under other head coaches) won 3 Stanley Cups. Then EVERYONE was a Red Wings fan. I thought, “Where were all these people when the biggest name on the team was Johnny Ogrodnik?” (Speech over.)

#34435 2 years ago

Actually, State Farm might be looking for a new NFL personality…

#34582 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My 3 goals for the day:
1) watch the Cowboys win
2) get a fantasy football win
3) eat a salad to counteract my expanding waistline, lol

My 3 goals for the season:
1) watch the Lions win their first game
2) watch the Lions win their first game
3) watch the Lions win their first game

#34588 2 years ago

Incredibly, the Lions, who’ve been outplayed, manage to tie it up against the Steelers to end the first half.

#34604 2 years ago

Tie game, Lions 16, Steelers 16, under 12 minutes left. Perfect scenario for shattered hopes again…

#34608 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Boom!
For one Sunday at least, Washington are Kings!!

Congrats! And maybe you’re close on a new name. The Washington Presidents?

#34611 2 years ago

Lions-Steelers going to OT.

And Lions won the coin toss.

#34615 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

TN went hyper-conservative in the 2nd half after getting a two score lead and nearly lost it.

I really dislike it when a team does that instead of continuing with what got them the lead in the first place.

#34620 2 years ago

The Lions are being given so many chances: start first in OT, fumble recovery after a long Steelers completion, Goff interception negated by Pittsburgh penalty. C’mon, get this win!

#34621 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rudolph vs Goff....its possible

Keepin’ the dream alive!

#34630 2 years ago

This OT has a little bit of everything in ineptitude.

#34635 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Lions going for 0-16-1?

I would actually be good with that. Just don’t want them to set a new record of 17 losses the very first season it is possible.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
766 posts in this topic match your search for posts by wolverinetuner. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wolverinetuner.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=wolverinetuner and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.