Topic Stats

• 21,477 posts
  • 364 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,722 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

graters (resized).jpg
giphy (3).gif
1A3C8A58-F3F9-461A-9901-44E9A0E0DB9A (resized).jpeg
B99B5C2F-5BB8-4C44-9F42-24666E9C47B8 (resized).jpeg
here's Johnny (resized).jpg
DDE0535E-F5B1-4FBA-BD7C-E3EBD07494E4 (resized).jpeg
D3A6F375-D0E0-46BC-A17D-BDA5530F9107 (resized).png
download_20200207_213253 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
kansas (resized).png
C162AA67-8E8F-4244-9A05-A49E057B29CE (resized).jpeg
shut up (resized).jpg
vlcsnap-2019-07-18-22h31m42s331 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
950DA363-9FA5-4C96-BCA1-F4072EE96853 (resized).jpeg
0ap3000000795730 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3985 5 years ago

Great game, but Green Bay should have scored more points early in the game, not getting the on-sides kick and giving up that 2 point conversion, all added up to a very painful loss. Congrats to Seattle for never giving up. I'm not sure either team could have beat the AFC champion today but I expect Seattle to play well in the Super Bowl. I will go ahead and cheer for Seattle unless the Colts shock the world and stun the Pats. I really didn't care who won the Hawks-Packers game, but was glad it finally got close and exciting. I hope the AFC championship game isn't a blow out whoever wins.

6 months later
#4210 4 years ago

I usually find most of the summer months boring for sports. I'm not much of a baseball fan and the NBA play-offs go on and on forever it seems. I'm so ready for football both NFL and college. Even though there's things about both I don't like including scandals, ultra high tix prices, and other stuff, still my overall favorite sport.

2 weeks later
#4233 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Major blow for the Boys, Claiborne and the rookie Byron Jones are gonna make huge strides. Scandrick was by far the best cover guy and the glue for that D and now they are in big trouble with the receivers in that division.

I can't understand why Dallas didn't do more before Scandrick was hurt to get more experienced CB's on the team. Clairborne hasn't impressed me so far so I hope you're right and he has improved. Maybe Dallas will pick up another coverage guy off of waivers. I think Dallas will be good again this year. But don't think they have a great defense and I'm also concerned about their running game. Don't see a Super Bowl trip happening.

1 week later
#4261 4 years ago

The Patriots are continuing to be successful in winning by having even more PR problems. I know great success can bring jealousy but the ongoing and systemic and very detailed allegations including against the NFL commissioner in allegedly destroying evidence is concerning. If true he and others involved need to be fired, not just fined which means nothing to these folks it seems.

Now can't wait for the season to start tomorow!

#4338 4 years ago

Dallas outplays Giants for most of first half and fumble it away and go in behind. They stilled play like goof-balls much of the second half but somehow pulled out a win at the end. Weird and crazy clock management by the Giants near the end of the game. That was a weird game and both teams really made a lot of mistakes.

#4340 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Both teams tried to give the game away. In the end, the Giants did a better job of giving it away in terms of letting Romo do what he does better than any QB in the league since 2006: win the game in the 4th quarter.
Dez Bryant needs surgery. Out for 6 weeks.

The loss of Dez Bryant really hurts. I'm still concerned about their running game as I've been ever since the let DeMarco Murray go. Shocked Couglin allowed a run and that Eli Manning didn't take a sack or run as far as he coud in-bounds on the 3rd and goal play near the end of the game. Romo played well overall. Was concernig re: the way too many turnovers and easy points Dallas gave up. If they play like that in Philadelphia next Sunday, they'll get creamed.

1 week later
#4468 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I don't get it. I'm not a fanboy, this just isn't funny. You know why? Because it's not true. For things to be funny, they have to have a modicum of truth behind it.
Romo is one of the toughest QB's in the NFL.

True Romo is a resilient and tough QB. I wanted Dallas to start Romo years ago when the starter Bledsoe was struggling. Unfortunately, over the years I've been upset by his thorwing lots INTS or fumbling at key times in games. However, he has played with some very painful and serious injuries. Also last year I saw a lot of growth of him no longer throwing high risk passes and protecting the football much better. I thought he along with Dez and others were primed to have a great 2015 season. I'm saddened that the injury bug has already been so serious for the Cowboys with only 2 weeks played.

1 month later
#4895 4 years ago

Went to the Broncos versus Green Bay game and the fans were in a crazy wild mood! Great to see Peyton have a very solid game and D. Thomas had more yards receiving than G.B had in total offense! I thought it would be a close game and that G.B would win, but Denver came out playing great and never let up. Ruuning game was strong, so was passing game and the defense was awesome. Fun game!

3 years later
#14019 5 months ago

Looks to me like the Patriots dynasty will continue this year. Personally I'd find it more interesting if two teams who had never made it to the Super Bowl were to be there. Tired of dynasties in both pro and college football. Would like more varietybut seems like the Pat's are currently the best again. I don't believe KC or anyone else is better. Just hope this season's Super Bowl is better than the last snooze fest whoever's is there.

#14024 5 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

How did not playing hard until the end work out for the Pats last year in that stadium? Got our hearts scooped out at the last minute. No way they were going to take their foot off the gas this time. If Miami didn’t like it, they can kneel on the ball for 3 downs and punt it back to us.

Last year was a close game. Yesterday it was over by half time. Dolphins got shut out. No comparison except to show the Dolphins are terrible right now.

1 week later
#14633 4 months ago

Not suren't Bills going for td on 4th down with second string qb in. Get they want the lead but getting fg seemed like a respectable choice. Well always easier to second guess than be down on the field making live choices.

#14637 4 months ago

Intentional grounding not called against Brady. Bet if anyone so much as breathes in his direction they call roughing the passer. Protecting the qbs is great but they still can just chunk the ball into the ground.

#14685 4 months ago

Same old Cowboys. Give up 12 points to the Saints who were without Brees and lose. This is no Super Bowl contending team. Will likely fall to 3-2 next week when Aaron Rodgers picks apart the defense. A good and at times a great team but not a championship winning level organization. Meanwhile Tom Brady has a statistically a poor game yet the Pat's once again find a way to win. Reason they are so good make adjustments, excellent coaching and very much of the time find ways to win challenging games. And their defense looks amazing right now. Sigh!

#14861 4 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Down 17-0
This has been a horrible game for the Cowboys so far.Dallas isn't a super bowl level team and never will be as long as Garrett is the coach and Jones the owner. Sad but don't see it otherwise as a very long time fan.

#14881 4 months ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

But the Cowboys did play better in the second half and made it entertaining. I was hoping they’d beat the Pack, though.

After well over 20 years since last Super Bowl win, morale victories me NOTHING to this Cowboys fan.
Dak and Zeke are over-rated and Dak still misses a l too many plays/passes but shows great incredible skills which gives us Cowboys fans hope. I realize no one completes every pass but Dak still need to grow and be more consistent for Dallas to have a chance to be champions. Zeke concerns me he will do something stupid and get suspended again. Dallas isn't nearly as good as the Patriots who baring major injuries will be in the Super Bowl again. Except for the great run of last year's second half of the season, under Jason G. as the coach, Dallas has a history of blowing a ton of games. Especially in the 4th quarter or looking really horrible for 2-3 quarters and then making some final scores look close.

Sigh I wish I could believe this loss would motivate the Cowboys to go on a great winning streak but right now I'm not sure they are the best team in the division and certainly no where close in the NFC much less the league.

1 week later
#15041 4 months ago

Jason Garrett once again deserves es to be considered a mediocre coach for Dallas. If they lose today will have lost 3 in a row today against a previously winless coach. Jerry Jones as owner and the Garrett combo a stuck in giving fans hope for awhile but ultimately disappoint. I still think Jerry Jones was so wrong to fire Jimmy Johnson as coach and since that era and the team of that time no trips to the Super Bowl. And none coming soon I'm afraid.

2 weeks later
#15480 3 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If you like Cheaters then the Astros are your team.

I don't follow baseball very much honestly. So just curious how the Astros are cheaters? I have some friends who love the Astros so I'm curious but admit very uninformed. To get some NFL stuff who would have guessed the 49ers would be the only unbeaten NFC team? Amazing to me how the Pats find ways to win over and over year after year. This year their defense is amazing.

#15528 3 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Technically, they aren't actually. The stadium is in Arlington and the practice field is in Frisco. Even prior to the new stadium, they were located in Irving.

Yes like a ton of teams in most sports they're now in a suburb of their city of origin. Technically haven't been in Dallas city limits since the 70's.

1 week later
#15637 3 months ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I need the Cowboys to step up. They also need to stop starting so S-L-O-W. It's getting ridiculous.I'm tired of Jerry Jones as a controlling and egotist owner coupled with Garrett's underwhelming coaching. With the talent this team should be on the upper echelon. As it is they might miss the playoffs or limp in and lose in the 1st round. Garrett is no Super Bowl winning level coach. Heck he has never got them even to the NFC championship game. Sad for us Cowboys fan but the team is stuck with an egotistical and mismanaging owner and decent but not awesome head coach.

#15710 3 months ago

My guess is Kaepernick will get a chance somewhere and I'm curious to see how he does. But he has been out of the league a long time. Hard to imagine it not taking quite awhile for timing and skills to be at reasonable levels.

1 week later
#16029 89 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

You don't have to get up too early for a 3:25pm game, lol.
The Cowboys are definitely talented. Whether or not their coaching staff or defensive tackling are up to par, however, are certainly question marks.

I'm a Cowboy fan but based on coaching, playing in New England and how Dallas has played against better teams, I don't believe they will win today. Jason Garrett is likely be out-coached once again. Bill Belichick so often finds ways win his team has injuries and can't bring an A game in all areas to still win. Despite the talk of Pats recent offensive struggles they soon will likely get on their annual end of year run and be ready to take a shot at winning another Super Bowl. I'm no Pats lover, but I highly respite they are the greatest NFL team of their generation and perhaps all time.
When our Dallas fan, myself included, going to realize Dallas is very talented but ultimately hasn't gotten to a single NFC championship game since Garrett has been coach. Much less have they won a Super Bowl since Jimmy Johnson and company built a great team in the 90's. Unlike the Pats, Dallas in the past many years has found heart breaking, stupid and sometimes questionable coaching to lose, not win, key games.
Dallas might still win the poor East Division but no way do I see them having the toughness and game play consistency to win it all. Lots of talent and with a "A" level head coaching and coaching staff maybe they could. Garrett is "B" at his best for part of game but can fall to "C" level in close game against good to great but even sometimes awful times like the Jets earlier this season.

#16052 89 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Roger Staubach was a football hero when we played school lot games.I agree 100% with your conclusions of Garrett,I still remember him freezing his own kicker which resulted in a last minute lost.He can snatch a loss out of the jaws of victory!Do you think a new start is the way to go?

I'm not proud of having lost belief in Garrett and criticizing him publicly. I think he's devoted, works hard and has a long history of ties to the Cowboys in various roles as a player and coach. But after eight seasons and having grown up watching Staubach and Landry and then the 3 Super wins in the 90's I see Garrett as an only adequate and mediocre coach. To be fair, I think he works hard and badly wants to win. However in order to compete for Super Bowls yes I believe Dallas needs a fresh start.

1 week later
#16787 78 days ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Dallas gonna lose if Trubisky keeps making throws like that.

Dallas going to lose as Garrett continues to show he's just a mediocre coach. I sick of it, wish Dallas would make a change for the much better in coaching. Crazy thing is that Washington still is mathematically alive to win the division at 7-9.

1 week later
#17617 68 days ago

Stop high fiving Dallas and focus. You have a 3 game losing streak and Rams could still score before the half. Sick of how talented Dallas is and no way should be 6-7. No way this game is over. Dallas needs to keep intensity high. With Garrett as head coach I've seen them blow too many big leads.

#17618 68 days ago

Finally Sean Lee does something. First int since 2017 but could be huge.

#17935 64 days ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Dallas Cowboys:
Playoffs 1996, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, 2018.
1st place n the NFC East in 2019
The Cowboys haven't won a Superbowl in a while, but it isn't really fair to say they have done nothing. They make the playoffs approx every other year, and they had a legitimate shot to win it about 3 of those years.This is the Dallas Cowboys and it's supposed to be about winning Super Bowls not having 2 separate 3 game losing streaks this season. Garrett's era at Dallas has been so mediocre and even at his best has never gotten them to a NFC championship. Jason Garret should be fired as head coach and Jerry Jones as the gm! However since Jones owns the team he can keep doing whatever he wants including micromanaging and screwing up the team! What an ass!

#18072 61 days ago

Cowboys going to play like a Jason Garrett coached team today. Last week gave Cowboys' fans false hopes. Here comes the when is Jason Garrett going to get fired discussions again.

#18095 61 days ago

If Jason Garrett doesn't get fired Dallas fans might as well skip next season and however long his inept coaching continues at Dallas. I so wish fans had the say to also fire owner and GM Jerry Jones. What a terrible owner!

1 week later
#18447 54 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You can’t blame all of this on Garrett this Cowboy team has no heart or pride!

Uhh... coaches are supposed to be held accountable for those. Garrett needs to be replaced and Dallas have a coach who is more than a sidelined hand clapper.

#18450 54 days ago

If Jerry Jones decides to keep Garrett which I could see him doing, after 4 decades as a fan, I refuse to watch Dallas next year. I'll still wish Dallas well, but the Jerry Jones-Jason Garrett era continuing is more than I can stand to watch.

#18452 54 days ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I had to listen on the radio, so havent seen it... but I heard he started the slide and the defender hit him. Cant do that. Touching the helmet doesnt have anything to do with it.Seeing it live on tv and replayed it didn't look like a
penalty, IMHO. But Detroit was completely outplayed the second half overall and had chances they blew.

#18495 54 days ago
Quoted from RWH:

Not in history.

Just Tom Landry as coach from team's start to almost 3 decades, Jimmy Johnson, Barry Switzer (who was a mediocre coach but inherited an awesome team from Johnson) and 5 Super Bowl wins in team's history. * trips to the Super Bowl in team's history. Much better than just hand clapping.

But no Super Bowl trips in over 2 decades since Jerry Jones let his ego take over and the team has been stuck in not being able to win championships only at best division titles and some playoff games but not trips to the NFC championship in the 8 years since hand clapper Garrett has been HC. Amazingly Jones has fired Tom Landry, Jimmy Johnson, drove out Parcells and basically gotten rid of 4 Super Bowl winning coaches. (Parcells not with the Cowboys when he won his)

Pont--I don't know if he can even find a quality head coach willing to be at Dallas if/when Garrett gets fired. Jerry Jones buying the team is one of the worst things in Cowboys' history.

#18600 53 days ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

whoever it is .... good luck....Jerry Jones is the problem...

So true!

2 weeks later
#20356 33 days ago

Game is shaping up to be dull so far for those wanting a close one. Oh well.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Pasadena, MD
$ 21.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 25.00
Boards
German-Pinball-Modular
$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
Electronics
nvram.weebly.com
$ 19.99
Playfield - Plastics
Docquest Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
Professor Pinball
€ 8.40

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wesleycowan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside