• maybe 8 votes
    5%
  • no but Im a complete moron 9 votes
    6%
  • give Hilton a nut punch 92 votes
    61%

(152 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,244 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

88BEEF78-9EB4-40A8-908D-C04156471242 (resized).jpeg
hqdefault (resized).jpg
IMG_3130 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (3).gif
tenor.gif
Screenshot_20191014-203540~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191014-172439~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20191013-225057~2 (resized).png
pitit (resized).jpeg
CE6F2517-384A-4191-82C3-09B8A2EB6A83 (resized).jpeg
FCBF18E6-B265-44FF-9843-18032EAFDACF (resized).jpeg
66ADC49A-C028-4768-936D-F92CD67CD21C.gif
64C30236-9A0B-4F6D-BD75-2DCD3679C710 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vicjw66.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

310 posts in this topic match your search for posts by vicjw66. You are on page 1 of 2.
#3775 4 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

That game was stolen from the cowboys ....it makes me sick ...how refs could change a game with a stupid decision......

Not the refs fault. It is a stupid rule that the refs were just enforcing. Rule needs to be changed.

#3786 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Refs on the field and everyone else live action saw it as a catch and then making an action of advancing the football.
I thought replays supposedly needed irrefutable evidence to overturn?
Seems to me the refs made a new interpretation of what happened on the field to suit their desired outcome. I honestly think they need to make some changes if they want to salvage the sport and bring it back to what it once was. Were there all these confrontational calls 10 years ago? I never remember so many close and botched calls.

The thing is it looked very similar to the Calvin Johnson catch that was also reversed. In this case it is the bad rule and not the refs fault.

#3789 4 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Jason Garrett and his team get my props for that insanely great call, and Romo and Dez did great on the play.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400749518
-mof

Are you kidding me? That was a stupid call that was way to risky on a fourth and one considering the Dallas running back would almost certainly plow for a couple of yards for the first. Even if Dez did score they would have left too much time on the clock for Rodgers. Stupid call.

#3796 4 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I don't believe Demarco Murray was on the field for that play

Exactly. Why not? Horrible play calling.

#3870 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I think the pats have a better chance of beating the packers in the super bowl then the Seahawks.. I hope the pack wins!
Pats never lose to one team twice in one year.

Too funny.

#3872 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Truth is funny

Nope. Your delusional mind of what you think is true is funny.

#3873 4 years ago

Haha sorry, I read this wrong I think. Thought you meant the pats have a better chance of beating the packers than the Seahawks chances of beating the Packers.

#3987 4 years ago

I feel bad for the guy who flubbed that onside kick recovery. That will stick with him for the rest of his life. But the two point conversion was ridiculous. Go Hawks. When my Arizona Wildcats lost in the NCAA tournament last year I got a nice pm offering condolence from Centerflank. PM sent to cheer him up.

#4016 4 years ago

I can't remember a team and quarterback looking so good one week and so pitiful the next. Pagano did not have the Colts prepared at all for that game. Seattle over New England 42-13

6 months later
#4213 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just talked to DirecTV and to keep me on board they are giving me Sunday ticket for free. Wooohoooo!!!

I got it free last year but it didnt include the red zone channel or the mobile app
To watch on your phone. Wonder if yours will have it.

#4216 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I had no idea you could do that!
phone.jpeg

You might have to upgrade your phone for it to work. Check with Directv to make sure.

3 months later
#5149 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Poor timmy tebow got dumped by this beautiful woman as he didn't want to have sex. I can help her out with that.
olivia-culpo.jpg

Well, the religious nut jobs don't love him for his intelligence.

#5169 3 years ago

And take the Pistons with you!

#5171 3 years ago

Hey, I heard we might be gettin our Rams back! I might actually start caring about nfl football again.

2 months later
#6275 3 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I liked dan dierdorf. He would point out things other people missed, same with madden. Gruden gets a little too technical for me. For the life of me I don't know why they need 5 people to host shows.

Its funny, but when Dierdorf first started as a commentator he would point out the most obvious stupid things. My friends and I coined the term Dierdorfisms. I couldnt stand him. But he really honed his skills over the years.

#6286 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Dierdorf replaced OJ on MNF. I'm not sure who was worse. They both said the same shit over and over again.
Dandy Don Meredith for the win!

Yeah, he was absolutely horrible on MNF, but I think in his later years he got a lot better. Not great by any means, but much improved.

1 year later
#9616 1 year ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

Football is overrated

Then why come into this thread?

How about my Rams. Was not happy when they hired Sean McVay, but man has he turned that team around. The real test will be in the coming weeks when they have to play the Vikings, Saints, Eagles, and Seahawks. Considering last years 4-12 record, do they have the toughest schedule or what?

#9626 1 year ago

I wonder who has the advantage. Keenum, for being familiar with the Rams defense, or the Rams defense, for being familiar with Keemun?

#9636 1 year ago
Quoted from teekee:

Anyone noticing that the Patriots are still the best team in the NFL? Makes me sick! If they win another SB... don't even know what to say.

Yeah, they started out shaky, but like clockwork, Brady and Belichik always seem to figure it out by this time of year. If Archie Manning decided not to have any kids, Brady would probably have 7 or 8 Super Bowl rings.

2 weeks later
#9705 1 year ago

I'm torn. Hawks winning basically means my Rams have to win up in Seattle to win the division. However, if Rams take care of Philly next week at home, they could be in position for a first round playoff bye.

#9739 1 year ago
Quoted from teekee:

Steelers are lucky to be in the AFC!

And if they can just beat patriots, they will just about wrap up home-field throughout the playoffs. After last years beat down, you figure they are going to be really motivated.

1 week later
#9775 1 year ago

Watching the Rams lose to Philly was painful. Just couldn't stop them on 3rd down. Horrible officiating. Every call went against the Rams and there were some really atrocious ones. I guess since there were so many Eagles fans at the coliseum, the refs forgot who the home team was and gave the home cookin to the visitors.

2 weeks later
#9818 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Tanking for playoff seeding alert!
Rams open up a 6 point favorite against 49ers. Line quickly drops to 3. Then coach announces he's sitting the starters and now 49ers are 3 point favorites.
Rams lose and get the fourth seed and avoid going to Minnesota in divisional round.

Smart move. Essentially give your team a bye week. The Rams have a darn good chance of beating a Nick Foles led Eagles team. They are 7-1 on the road this year. Much tougher task of beating the Vikes.

#9844 1 year ago

G'damn Saints lost on purpose. Now they get to avoid The Vikings until NFC championship. Rams lost on purpose hoping for the same outcome. It reminds me of the South Park episode when all the kids try to lose the baseball games on purpose so they don't have to keep playing during their summer vacation.

Edit: Could bite them in the ass if they have to play NFC championship in the L.A. Coliseum instead of super dome.

#9859 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's amazing what escaping Jeff Fisher can do for a qb!

Isn't that the truth. Just goes to show how truly horrible a coach Fisher is. Two of the best quarterbacks in the league this year were two of the worst quarterbacks in the league last year. Eric Dickerson probably did more for the Rams last year by getting Fisher out of the league than he did as a running back. When McVay answers media questions about his team or opposing teams, he gives very detailed responses. Last year, Fisher answered a question by referencing two players who were no longer on the frickin team. He literally didn't know they were gone, and he had no idea who the Patriots running backs were when asked about how he was going to play against them.

#9943 1 year ago

Well, Pharoh Cooper with his two turnovers cost the Rams any chance in that game. The 10 Atlanta points off his turnovers wasn't even the worst part. It kept the Rams defense perpetually on the field in the first half and tired them out for the rest of the game. Then to top it off, he bobbled a punt return in the 4th quarter, that if he had caught cleanly had a lot of room to run. What a turkey. Now that the Lambs are out of it, Go Vikes!

#9991 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's down to start bring in the body bags now.

Well they could sweep the leg. Take Brady out.

#10067 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Oh well, now the Jags get to lose to the greatest living American.

Who is the greatest Living American and does he really play football?

#10070 1 year ago
Quoted from John_I:

Tom Brady of course. (Obviously not serious. The greatest Americans are police, fireman, doctors, military, veteran, first-responder, scientists, etc)

Even the mad scientists? What about the military that work as file clerks? The ones that file correctly are great heroes but the ones that mislabel stuff are not?

#10183 1 year ago

Now that’s the Case Keenum that I remember from his time with the Rams last year. I’m bummed that the Vikings didn’t get their home SuperBowl. Two weeks for the Patriots to develop a strategy against Nick Foles does not give me confidence in the Eagles. The sun shines on a dogs ass every once and a while. And the sun clearly shined on Nick Foles against the Vikings. The big stage will be too much for him even though the Eagles have a superior team. Like all Patriots Superbowls (excluding 1985) it will be close, but look for Foles to fold under the pressure late.

#10184 1 year ago
Quoted from dhard:

And the super bowl winner is me as I'm a heavy favorite to devour the mighty nacho!

And your arteries are a heavy underdog.

#10238 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Joe Gibbs is the greatest coach of all time.
You try winning Super Bowls with Doug Williams, Joe Theisman, and Mark Rypien!

Plus he had to play in a tough division and in the NFC. The Patriots division has been so weak, and even the AFC in general over Brady's career that it's almost like they get a bye right into the Super Bowl.

#10301 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

The solution is to play the Super Bowl this Sunday and have the Pro Bowl in Hawaii in two weeks.

They did that once and it sucked. Super Bowl needs a full 2 weeks to prepare for and for everyone to get healthy. Pro bowl just needs to end.

#10313 1 year ago

I will be at the 2022 Super Bowl in Inglewood watching the Rams beat some afc schmoe. Super Bowl is cheapened without a bye week.

#10317 1 year ago

Without that bye week there is no way T.O. Would have recovered in time for Philly and have such a great game against the Patriots. Too bad Mcnabb needed more heart and he just gave up. Ima big T.O. Fan because of the heart he showed.

#10331 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK then. I never was much of a Rams fan myself and I was rooting for both AFC teams. I was strongly rooting for the Patriots to beat the Rams in that game. Now I'll go have another beer.

I'll go have another beer too. I also was rooting for the patriocheats. The Rams were dead to me for leaving and I didn't want that vegas showgirl ho of an owner who stole my team and had her husband drowned then relocated to the st. Louis home of the cheating "cardinal way" and their douche bag fans to win a super bowl.

I was ecstatic that the patriocheats won. But now they're back and so we must root for the Rams again Odin. Root Odin, damn you, Root.

As far as having the super bowl today, noone wants that. It would suck balls. The Super Bowl deserves a bye week. And frankly, I think Odin is being a contrarian for contrarians sake. Noone enjoys the bye week stories more than Odin.

#10337 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Rams are not, were not, and will never be So Cal's home team. They came from Cleveland and when they went to St Louis it was a good riddance. The last few years they were here their woman owner drove them into the ground and even stars like Eric Dickerson, Kevin Greene, and Jerome Bettis couldn't hang with them.
The only true homespun So Cal team never felt the need to leave the state or the general area, and now almost 60 years later they have come home to where they started. The Rams may be paying for the stadium, but it is the Chargers that are the home team.

The Chargers are San Diego's team, so are the clippers, and they can take the Angels and the Mighty Sucks too. Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, and Kings are all that matter. The others are loser franchises.

#10343 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Any team that leaves the state or comes from somewhere else should not be considered a home team IMO. Just like it's residents....

Unless it happened more than 60 years ago or like in the Rams case they return home. I was born in Culver City.

#10349 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Th Rams get the triple whammy. First they came from Cleveland, second they abandoned whatever fans they still had here and waited until after the move to invest in the team. And third they come back like non of that matters.

It was the showgirl bitch that was responsible for all that nonsense. When she died, my animosity towards the Rams died with her. Same thing happened when McCourt sold the Dodgers. I started going to Dodger games again. I umderstand your position though. You're from Orange County. L.A.'s little bitch to the southeast.

#10351 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

To be fair to the Rams, I used to love those $10 game day tickets at Anaheim Stadium.

It was a disgrace to see them play on that dirt infield. Again, bitch Showgirls fault.

#10355 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

This is the only LA champion team I remember though.

You mean Oakland?

I was at that last Rams home game in Anaheim stadium where they beat the thugs. There was over 100 fights in the stands that day. 4 little Raider gang members took on one huge Ram fan all at once. As they were wailing on him, unfazed and one by one he grabbed the little pukes and threw them down the ailse where they landed about 4 rows down on the hard plastic seats below.

#10357 1 year ago

I don’t think I saw much of the game. Spent most of the time looking in the stands for fans looking away from the field and cheering on the fights.

#10405 1 year ago

I heard some of the Eagles defensive starters came down with the flu. It will be interesting to see if their energy starts to fade late.

#10446 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Huh?
I thought the pats got all the calls?
Refs were a non factor. Calls
Were a non factor. Hardly any flags at all.
Great, clean game. Awesome.

Are you kidding? Can't believe noone is talking about the Eagles bobble touchdown that should have been overturned. By the time he got control of the ball his foot was clearly out of bounds. I think it was payback for all the calls that in the past always seemed to go the Patriots way.
Gotta give Foles credit. He played lights out and clutch the last two games after looking pathetic before that.

#10448 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Congrats Eagles!! Great game. Who’s their starting QB next year? Wentz or Foles?

Wentz. The question is where does Foles play next year.

#10450 1 year ago

I'm happy for the Eagles, but not for the Eagles fans. They're the worst.

#10471 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

NOPE! The call was correct.

You are high. It wasn't even close. He bobbled the ball, then secured it, then the left foot clearly came down out of bounds. I'm an impartial observer. Not a fan of either team, so I have no bias in my judgement.

The other play I thought was absurd was how long it took to confirm the last touchdown. Ertz clearly made the catch, took two steps towards the end zone, then leaped with hands outstretched and broke the plane before the ground caused the fumble. And you had those stupid announcers saying it was a close call. Seriously?

Ultimately, it came down to a blown blocking assignment and Brady not taking care of the ball, and fumbling the championship away. Montana never would have done that.

#10472 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Possession of the ball, two feet down, crossing the goal line....

He did not have possession until after his left foot was in the air. He then gained possession and his left foot clearly came down out of bounds. But who really cares. How did the ribs come out?

#10473 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Are you sure about that?

I've never sat by a Patriots fan, but I can't imagine they could possibly be worse.

#10475 1 year ago

Has anyone else noticed the sharp decline in the quality of Super Bowl commercials the last couple of years? They used to be funny and edgy. Now, half the time I couldn't figure out what the hell they were selling.

Now you got Honda showing a guy in a blue shirt just staring into the camera, and that horrific one where they take Honda owners out of the airport security line to scare the crap out of them like they are suspected terrorists. Then they show them cancer patient testimonials and how If you don't buy a Honda you are killing children with cancer. You better buy a Honda or we're not giving these cancer kids shit.

Anheiser Busch and their Buy one of are beer mugs and we will donate water to starving thirsty African children. If you don't buy are mug, we won't give them shit. You don't buy are products? You just killed a bunch of poor children.

These dbag corporate executives don't give a shit about cancer or poor starving people in 3rd world countries. It's sickening that they're using these causes to sell their crappy products.

#10539 1 year ago
Quoted from SunKing:

No, not even close. Budweiser shuts down it's beer production during times of crisis (like the recent floods in Houston, Florida and Puerto Rico), and bottles water. They then use their distribution network to deliver that water where it's needed. They've been doing it for years without anyone making a fuss over it. ...but go ahead and slam those greedy corporate folks whenever you can.

Wasn't talking about that ad. Was talking about the ad where you have to buy their product for them to donate.
And if it was really about helping people, they could have donated that $5 million per commercial to a worthy cause instead of using it to say "look at me, look at me, I do good things so by my crappy beer.
Better to slam those greedy corporations than to suck their dick, bub.

#10547 1 year ago
Quoted from Completist:

That said its impossible to say what would of happened if the call was reversed. Maybe they would of just scored a diff TD a diff way. You don’t beat the Patriots kicking a bunch of FG’s!

It was a 3rd down and long play, so ruling it an incompletion would have brought on 4th and long, and most likely a long field goal attempt.

#10576 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I'll leave it at that as arguing with people on a forum is like getting into a pissing match while facing the wind.

Yet you continue on both counts.

#10597 1 year ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Wow, only my 2nd post in the whole thread and only 1 in rebuttal to the topic in question and that is what you come up with. Ignorance at it's best as you obviously have no clue.

I was just Messing with you. Didn’t mean any bad will.

#10710 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not too many people are gonna say Leon Spinks was a better boxer than Muhammad Ali just because he beat him.

Funny, as soon as I read Odin’s Ridiculous post, I immediately thought of this example.

#10712 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:Funny, after reading this post it occurred to me Muhammad Ali beat Spinks the second time around. Unanimously.

What are your thoughts on Larry Holmes? Sure, he was a good boxer, but better than Ali?

#10714 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

They both got old and took unnecessary beatings late in their careers.
But nobody ever beat Muhammed Ali twice. Nobody.
And the two that did beat him while he was in his prime, he beat twice.

Okay. Can’t argue with your logic. I wouldn’t even know how.

5 months later
#10727 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bump!
[quoted image]

Hah. Damn near impossible to beat the 72 dolphins on that game. Csonka up the middle every play. No matter what the defense does, he is guaranteed 3 yards. My friends would get so pissed at me. 4th and 1 the entire field, 3 yard gain and a new set of downs. It took a whole quarter to score a touchdown, hence a 28-21 score was common. Your only chance would be if he fumbled, which he never did. It was like playing with the Giants in Techmo Bowl. Lawrence Taylor was unstoppable.

2 weeks later
#10732 1 year ago

Noone cares about the San Diego Chargers. They certainly won't be in the Super Bowl.

#10734 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Well, if you say so vic, then I'll be happy for any of these other AFC teams to end up in Super Bowl LIII -vs- the Saints:
Chiefs, Bills, Dolphins, or Raiders,
...or any of the AFC South teams as a sympathy vote.

None of those teams have a chance in hell to make it out of the AFC. Steelers or Patriots will play the Rams. The aints will lose to the Rams or some other team in the playoffs.

1 week later
#10738 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Repeat
[quoted image]

We’ll see how Wentz recovers. Foles looks like he has settled back into his Rams playing form.

#10749 1 year ago

You’re way off Colson. Most players don’t make millions. The average NFL career is less than 4 years. And half of it goes to taxes.

#10750 1 year ago

As for the Rams, who knows how all these moves are going to work out. McVeigh basically didn’t play any of their starters in the preseason. We’ll see if there is any rust against the a raiders.

#10752 1 year ago

Check out median salaries. Those numbers are skewed by the handful of players per team making 20 million a year.

#10755 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure why anybody thinks nfl players don’t deserve their pay. Who should be getting it, the owners? Half of them inherited their teams. Most were born rich or are just stupid lucky idiots like Dan Snyder, who got rich quick, bought my favorite team, and has
Spent almost 20 years destroying it.
And yet the owners still make more than the players who do all the work and take all the brain damage.
Not feelin the “nfl players are overpaid divas” concept. There’s not a bigger overpaid diva in the world than Jerry Jones or most of his owner cronies. Jones has more plastic surgery than a real Dallas housewife.

I have a theory about the type of people who have this distorted thinking of taking the owners side over the players. It’s rooted in hundreds of years of tradition. I doubt they’re thinking of Rodgers and Brady when they are talking about spoiled overpaid players. More likely Kaepernick and Sherman.

#10762 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sure, get rid of the preseason games I’m all for it. First few weeks of the season may be sloppier than usual though.

If college football can do without a preseason, certainly more experienced professionals can as well.

#10763 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Let’s be clear because you are now throwing a racial connotation into this thread.
Just wanted to clear that up, and certainly don’t want people twisting my words around. I wouldn’t appreciate somebody that doesn’t know me in any way insinuating that I exhibit any level of racism whatsoever.

I'm speaking of my own past experiences. This discussion about overpaid, entitled, players has been going on forever. And in every case, the people I have known personally that take this point of view, coincidentally would describe the civil war as "the war of northern aggression". And to say that you don't exhibit any level of racism whatsoever is disingenuous. All human beings innately have some level of racism. It's just a matter of where you lie on the spectrum, and recognizing when it is affecting your viewpoint.

#10794 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Probably a bit of a stretch there. He's a top back in the league in his prime, he'll get paid. Anyone signing him would be giving him a long term deal which is all he wants. They're low balling him with the Tag and he hasn't made much cash yet comparatively.

Yep. The system is bs. I don’t blame him one bit. Contracts are not guaranteed on the owners side, so why should he guarantee it on the players side. His teammates are a disgrace for publicly speaking out against him. Lack of solidarity is why they get hosed every contract.

#10812 1 year ago

Same old Chargers. A lot of people's pic to make the Super Bowl. Funny, I thought it was a home game for the Chargers but it couldn't have been. The whole stadium was a sea of red and everytime the Chefs made a big play, the crowd erupted.

I'm going to sound like a Drumpf supporter for a second but oh well. Go back to where you came from. Noone wants you here.

#10816 1 year ago

3rd and 2 you run it down their throats twice. You don’t give the ball back to Rodgers up by 6.

#10832 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Le’Veon Bell is a piece of shit! I hope he looses his starting job to Connor. Holding out for money, WTF? Over paid enough as it is. He fucked a lot of fantasy owners including me and I hope he ends up flipping burgers at McDonalds.

Whatever dude. Boo hoo about fantasy football. I'll never understand that crap. Just watch the games and root for your team. Fantasy football, ugh. This is real life for him. Until the owners guarantee contracts, why should he guarantee one? Why side with a billionaire? And the word is loses, not looses.

On another note, my Rams shook off the early rust of not playing starters in the pre-season to stomp the Raiders in the second half.

#10854 1 year ago

If Kirkpatrick (edit: Fitzpatrick) plays as well next week as he has the first two, will he start over JamiesWinston? Over 400 yards and 4 tds again.

Rams are best team in the league.

#10870 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Whatever team is playing vs my chefs has potential to be the best wr..my D is pretty weak.

Your D? Are you Clark Hunt? Heck, are you even from Missouri?

#10879 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Aren't the rams from St. Louis?!

I was a fan when they were in Los Angeles. They were dead to me when they left for St. Louis. Now they are back.

#10880 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Not from Missouri, just a fan since the late ‘80s..I even find myself listening to 1 of their stations (am 610) on the laptop once n a while to hear bout my team..u don’t have to be from the same state/country to be a fan..

Sorry you can’t call them your Chefs, and you certainly can’t be so specific to call it your D. That’s just the rules.

2 months later
#11100 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rams high from the other night is short lived, as The Saints show they are still the way better all around team with the MVP of the league playing QB.

The Saint were up by 3 at home over the Rams with 3 minutes to play when they converted a 3rd and 7 for a 73 yard touchdown pass. If they don’t convert they probably lose that game. I would hardly call that way better, but I can understand your attempt at trolling Rams fans. It must suck to be a San Diego chargers fan. A team that has a 50 year culture of choking. Are you a Clippers fan too?

#11105 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And if my grandmother had wheels she’d be a wagon!

The valid point was that the Saints are not way better than the Rams. Keep up Lexi.

#11106 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

<

Say what? I just call it like I see it and don't get too emotional about any of this shit.

Whoa. Easy man. It’s just football. Don’t take it so seriously.

#11108 10 months ago

Rams will get them next time around. They should have Talib back by then.

1 week later
#11169 10 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I don't know what I was expecting, but it wasnt for Hunt to be released by the Chiefs... He deserves it, but players like that usually get another chance...

I just saw the video expecting a Ray Rice type situation where he lays someone out but it wasn't quite that. It probably would have been if not for his friends holding him back. They saved his career. The kick was more of a push with his foot. Not excusing it, because he was out of control and was lucky he had his friends there holding him back, but Levis team will pick him up next year.

I commend the Chiefs for sending a strong message, but this puts a huge dent in their Super Bowl chances.

#11174 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What’s your team?
I’m dying to know because I guarantee you there’s some questionable characters on the roster.

I've been following the Rams since the loss to the Steelers in the Super Bowl, minus their time in St. Louis, when I hated them. I'm not blaming the Redskins mind you. It's a smart move to pick up really good players on the cheap.

#11179 10 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Annd that's the nail in McCarthy's McCoffin...

Aaron Rodgers wanted him gone and so he's gone.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So did you just root for nobody when they were in St Louis?
Or whomever was playing St. Louis?

Yep. Didn't watch NFL much except some playoff games and Super Bowls. Sorta rooted for Baltimore and Seattle. Now I'm a huge fan again. Now I root for the Rams and whoever is playing those worthless San Diego chargers. Noone wants them here. Go back to San Diego and take the clippers with you.

#11208 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I would expect a yes man/crony in the mold of late 90s elway/Shanahan.
It just makes sense. Rogers is the guy for at least a few more years so may as well cater to him.

Why? Rodgers is locked into a huge contract. No need to cater to him. Get a hard ass coach in there to put him in his place. Has Ditka recovered from his heart attack yet?

It's pretty obvious that Rodgers' last two injuries have diminished him significantly. He's not getting any younger. We will see if he is back to his old self next year. Frankly, if this is the new Rodgers, then he is not worth his contract. If so, make his life miserable with a hard ass coach so he either gets his shit together, or retires. Maybe then he'll have time to call his mom.

#11211 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He is if they spend monies and lure good players to the team; Without Rodgers GB is the hottest destination out there. Elway was way down at the end too but he had enough to make plays when they count....they're still talking aboot that stupid SB run.
I agree the days of the old sack slinger Rodgers winning everything by himself are over.

Agree to disagree
[quoted image]

Woah, that's meth teeth right there.

The problem is that Green Bay can't spend money to lure good players because all the cap space went to Rodgers contract. And frankly, it would take a premium to get good veteran players to play for the packers. Noone wants to freeze their ass off in a boring little town playing with a douche qb that blames everyone but himself for their shortcomings.

#11215 10 months ago

Maybe some of you wisconsin guys can weigh in, but I heard a rumor from someone in the gay community about Rodgers. That Danica Patrick is a "beard" and that Rodgers is not close with his family because they are devout christians.

#11220 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah that's brilliant. Bring in some hard ass to piss off your franchise QB who basically OWNS WISCONSIN and your team for the next few years. What could possibly go wrong?
They are not going to hire a coach without 12's sign off, period. If it doesn't work out you can just get rid of said coach when you get rid of Rogers within a few years.

It is brilliant. He can't go anywhere and he doesn't OWN WISCONSIN anymore. Why not piss him off. He'll either sink or swim. Coddling never works. It didn't work with you.

#11229 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

God this is dumb. Is there anybody here who agrees with this idiocy? They already HAD a coach that Rodgers didn't like, remember? They fired him yesterday. Give me one coherent reason why they should go through the trouble just to hire another one.
I don't give a shit, I'm not a Green Bay fan. But you'd have to be pretty dumb to think that 12 isn't the face and identity of the franchise, and that they'll obviously be hiring a coach they think he'll work well with.
And there's that $100 million guaranteed contract they just signed him to.
"Hey, let's bring back Ditka to scream at him for 3 years! Brilliant! And hire vicjw to run this team, that guy has some smart ideas!"

Gee, I hate to say you are completely wrong on this. If you think that a coach that kisses Rodgers ass is better for the franchise than a coach that will challenge Rodgers to be better, well that is your opinion man. I’m not gonna call it idiocy.

#11235 10 months ago
Quoted from Stuart_Pitt9876:

You guys are in here bitching about a team that has had two starting QBs since 1992, meanwhile my Browns are on QB 1,407 since 1999! We drafted Johnny "F**king" Manziel at 22...overall!!!
Oh, and one playoff APPEARANCE since '99. Not win. Appearance. Take a step back and reflect. You've had a bad season (same record as this years Browns team, ouch). You'll be fine.

We're having a discussion about football. Noone is bitching. As a Browns fan though, you are free to bitch.

#11255 10 months ago

This might be a good time to mention that one of Robin's many enhancements/changes to Pinside over the past few years allows us to change how we voted in polls. This NFL thread even has an old poll in it.

I forgot what I voted for back then so I thought I would update my selection to how I currently feel. Turns out my vote back then is the same as it would be today. Hilton nut punch. I miss the back and forth between him and Centerflank.

#11259 10 months ago

you still haven't told me your team of choice...

Sure I did. You must have missed it.
Post 11174

Although my location should have given you a clue. I'm not one of those tools that like a team 2000 miles away over my own city's team where I was born and grew up.

#11261 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can only hope it continues.

Why? Are you one of the three charger fans out there? You really are a contrarian aren't you? They'll win a super bowl right after the clippers win an NBA title.

It would be funny if they did win a Super Bowl. Where would they have the parade? Noone would go to it, and it would just piss of all Angelinos that the roads were blocked off and caused more traffic than usual.

#11263 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I grew up in So Cal and they are the only team that didn't come from somewhere else, or felt the need to leave the region for decades and then come back.
So yeah, I support the only true home team we have.

Hahha. Ask San Diego about that.

#11264 10 months ago

The Rams are our true home team. The Dodgers are our true home team. The Kings are our true home team. The Lakers are our true home team. The others are interlopers that need to GTFO. You sir, are a contrarian for contrarian's sake. I get it though. OC is Socals red headed stepchild.

#11267 10 months ago

What's the countdown at for when the Rams move out of L.A.....again?

When Kronke dumps his Walmart heiress for a vegas stripper, she has him killed by drowning him in the ocean, then moves the team. Duh?

#11272 10 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Damn right he would.[quoted image]

He and Odin and the homeless that they couldn't clear off the parade route. Haha I can actually picture them holding up their little cardboard signs saying "L.A. Loves the Chargers" while being accosted by people asking if they got any spare change.

#11273 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm sure Dan Fouts would be there too. Heck, he might even get to announce the game. I'd let him.[quoted image]

That guy was fun to watch growing up. I could always count on him to fall just short in the end. And now there's Rivers. Funny how some things never change.

#11276 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Funny, as wasn't that the Rams third stop on their nationwide tour?

Quoted from o-din:

Sure but you had Pat Haden, Vince Farragamo, and Jim Everett. And who was that other guy, Dieter Brock?
I'll take Fouts and Rivers over any of those guys.

Hey, we're talking about the Chargers here. Sure Pat Haden and Dieter Brock sucked, but the other guys showed flashes of greatness. They just had a shit owner. I never said I liked Rams ownership growing up. You surely know that the movie Major League was based on Rams ownership don't you?

#11280 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I can't say the same thing about Alex Spanos.
He was a gentleman with pure class. Sure he had some tough decisions to make, but don't they all?

Oh man, you just pissed off all the San Diego pinsiders with that statement. Well done. I'm kinda still laughing actually. Pretty funny.

#11284 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jim Everett was great QB and a real nice dude. I met him at a meat market in San Clemente. He was there with his son picking out steaks. He was so cool and had no problem shooting the shit with a complete stranger like myself. I shook his hand and it was huge. Easier to grip the ball that way for sure.
If the 49rs hadn't been so great when he was in the league, then maybe it could have happened.

Yep. He was a cool dude. Just don't call him Evert.
Yeah, there's a reason I hate the 49ers with a passion. Same reason I hate the Edmonton oilers. Jealousy.

The 49ers had Jerry Rice, the Rams had Ron Brown. Fastest guy on the planet. Always open deep. Always dropped the ball.

#11287 10 months ago

This just in,

When asked about Mike McCarthy firing Rodgers said,

"I was as shocked as many of you were. I hope I'm not the reason"

Almost as funny as Odin's Alex Spanos statement

#11288 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

We have more in common than you might think.
Look, both our teams while in the So Cal area each made it to a Super Bowl and lost.

Well there is one difference. The Rams actually had a chance against the Steelers in the Super Bowl. I think even the most die hard Chargers fan knew going in that the 49ers were going to stomp the chargers.

#11295 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m enjoying this little circle jerk stroll down west coast nfl memory lane, but Everett was a bum!!

Late career Everett got happy feat, but early career Everett was pretty damn good.

#11297 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I did go to Jack Murphy stadium in San Diego a few times while they were there, but it was a long ass drive and a real nightmare getting in and out of the place especially on a Monday night.
Same as I really have no desire to drive to Los Angeles for anything anymore.

My friends and I saw a few games at the Murph. The first time we went there, none of us remembered which section we parked the car. Unlike other stadiums, the Murph and its parking lot looked the same from every angle. We walked around that stadium 3 times looking for that damn car and weren't able to find it until the whole place was completely empty a couple hours later.

#11301 10 months ago

Seahawks are a scary team. They could have easily beat the Rams both times and their schedule is favorable. Panthers most likely lose to the Saints twice which would eliminate them, although I could see them winning the home game. I think it's either the Vikings or Eagles get the last spot.

#11303 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The eagles?!
Fuck no. They finish 8-8. They are not a good team. Don’t let way-harder-than-they-should-have-been wins against a terrible giants team and a redskins team that is basically a hospice fool you.
Vikings should get to 9 wins and they’ll have it locked up.

You're probably right and I think it will be the Vikings, but I keep feeling that the Eagles are going to pull it together these last few weeks. The talent is there.

#11352 10 months ago

Geez, what a disgrace. And supposedly one of the best kickers in the league failed the Rams when they really needed him. That missed field goal completely took the wind out of their sails. Goff has looked like rookie Goff the last two weeks. Hopefully this loss kicks them in the ass and relights their fire because they played like fucking shit. Hell, they looked like Phillip Rivers and the Chargers in a game that matters. That will not get it done. Still, they should win out, and I fully expect the Saints to lose another game because they have not looked good either recently.

#11353 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

How about dem Bears!
Defense so good they win on both sides! That trick play was a thing of beauty.
Finally a big test of the team (esp w Mitch just back and obviously playing hurt) and wow! was that a fun game to watch!

Dude, you're from Wisconsin. Either move to Chicago or root for the Packers. Gawd I fucking hate contrarian douches like you.

#11370 10 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Born and raised in IL where we bleed Bears.
Also, for reference Solider Field is closer than Lambueau for the majority of the population of the state. In WI biggest cities you see lots of Blue and Orange!

I would like to apologize for my rant. I had a few too many while watching the game last night and was frustrated. It was just one game. The Bears played great. I just wished they played like they did last week against the Giants.

#11375 10 months ago

Well, at least the Skins won a few SuperBowls in your youth Levi. The LA Rams haven’t been a real contender in about 40 years until now. Winning a Super Bowl soon after they left LA was a slap in the face. You think Snyder is a bad owner? Do you remember Georgia Frontiere?

#11456 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't feel so bad about being a Chargers fan anymore.

You should

#11457 10 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

looks like vicj66 lit a fire under this thread!

Just wait until the playoffs when I rage quit this thread.

#11463 10 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:Checking the schedule, we have there are 2 Saturday games the next 2 weekends. I love Saturday NFL football.
Unfortunately, I have in-law Christmas this weekend. I'll be stuck at my mother-in-law's house, where the average house temp is right about 80*, and the only decent TV is dominated by hallmark xmas movies.

I feel your pain. My uncles annual Xmas party is this Saturday and tv is not allowed. He lives in the Hollywood hills so it’s either really cold outside or an oven inside. I have to constantly go in and out to alternately warm up/cool down.

#11477 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

They don't really have a home yet anyway.

What do you mean yet. They’re going to rent from the Rams like the Clippers rent from the Lakers. They will be playing in the Rams home kinda like Harry Potter lives under the staircase in his uncle’s house.

#11479 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's the only way the Rams will be able to pay for the stadium because they sure won't be able to keep the place filled themselves. Especially if they keep on choking like they did last weekend. Oh, that wasn't really a choke, they just came up against a way better team.

#11481 10 months ago

Nice try. But you know this to be false.

#11501 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Looks like i'll be crackin' the Jack by halftime.

What’s his last name? Why do you call him “the Jack”

#11502 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

What is fantasy football?
Is that where an LA team makes it to the Super Bowl?

Yep. And that team is the Chargers.

Edit: since noone invited Spanos and his San Diego team to L.A. I suppose they don’t reallyl qualify as an LA team.

#11533 10 months ago

Caught the last quarter of the Chiefs/San Diego game on radio the other night. Must have been great to watch for Odin and the other 3 Charger fans out there. I think the Chiefs will lose next week. The question is can the Chargers keep from losing one of their final two games. I predict not.

On a side note, listening to the Chargers play-by-play guy Matt “money” Smith was excruciating. His catchphrase “touchdowwwwnnnn Chargers” has to be heard for one to appreciate just how awful it sounds.

The Chargers used to have an announcer named Hacksaw Hamilton who was such a homer he would yell “damnit” and get pissed off when things didn’t go their way. It was actually kinda funny. But the current guy, between every down kept bitching about the calls that went against the Chargers and saying how horrible the refs were. We get it, mention it a few times and move on. The calls went against the Chiefs to but you wouldn’t know it because he is such a homer. He kept a running list of all the bad calls that went against the Chargers throughout the game as an excuse to why they we’re losing and kept whining about it nonstop. They need to fire his ass.
What do you think of their Radio guy Odin?

#11554 10 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nobody wore Rams shit anymore when they left town, and to tell you the truth, I'm still not seeing much of that now. Heck, I see more Steelers hats than Rams hats.

Are you kidding? I’ve been seeing Rams jerseys all over town and stickers on the backs of cars everywhere. Haven’t seen even one Chargers jersey or sticker. I see a lot of ex-Raider fans now wearing Rams jerseys.

#11559 10 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

You’ll be seeing a lot of green jerseys out there tonight! Up on the the rooftop click click click...

That’s for sure, but probably not nearly as many as last year. Eagles fans last year at the coliseum were the most obnoxious I have ever seen. Us Rams fans are a little too nice. If they tried that shit at a Raiders game there would be massive beat downs.

#11564 10 months ago

Honestly, for the last three weeks I’ve thought the Rams would lose this game. When I heard Foles would start, I knew the Rams were done for. But the way they lost was disheartening. I pray (to the magic sky fairy in the sky) that they at least get the bye and get their shit together.

#11589 10 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Unlike some other places around the country, we are not shy in voicing our opinions, and sometimes in a vulgar manner.

That’s pretty much how they were. Throw in taunting Rams fans and sloshing their beer all over the place. Dumping their trash under my seat instead of their own. Transplant fans are the worst. Philly transplant fans are slightly worse than Seahawk transplants.

#11593 10 months ago

The Chargers make the play-offs finally since 2013, and now o-din drops out of Pinside. Wtf?
Maybe he's gonna start tail-gating before the games outside the stadium and go to some Chargers games
(if he doesn't over-do it while pre-game tail-gating).

By the time he comes back here in a month or so from now, the Chargers will have already been eliminated from the playoffs.

1 week later
#11657 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Back to the playoffs baby!!!
Signed,
A Guy from the Philly suburbs

I said they were going to end the season strong and have a chance as the second wild card and Crazy Levi thought I was the crazy one. Beating Chicago won't be easy, but I think they have a decent shot.

I also said that both the Chiefs and Chargers would lose last week which they did. After the Ravens beat the Chargers next week, they will go on to beat the Chefs and Patriots.

#11663 9 months ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Gotta say it made it alot easier to lick the wounds of a wasted season as a Packers fan watching Minnesota blow their season up like they always seem to do and in their own barn none the less. Thank you now someone please eliminate Chicago.

Rams will get their revenge in the coliseum. Then they'll beat Seattle to go to the SuperBowl.

#11665 9 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Just saw the Bears don't pick until #91 in the 2019 draft. Four total picks in seven rounds.
Ouch.

It was worth it.

#11668 9 months ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

I don't see Seattle getting past the Aint's at home. That team will be hard to beat down in the big easy. Wonder if they would have a decent fan showing in the Super bowl with it being so close as well.

Pittsburgh barely got by the lowly bengals at home with the bengals having nothing to play for and the steelers everything to play for. The steelers should have beaten the aints at the super dome. The aints haven't looked right for 3 weeks. Frankly, don't be surprised if the Ravens meet the Rams or Bears in the Super Bowl.

1 week later
#11746 9 months ago

Boy the Chargers got a gift with that horrible call that was a 14 point turnaround. The Chargers runner clearly lost the ball while he was stretching for the goal line and it was run back for a Ravens touchdown. Instead the refs incorrectly called him down before the ball came out. That was a game changer.

Harbaugh really blew it going for that long field goal on 4th and 2. That had to go for it. That's how games are lost.

#11748 9 months ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Lamar Jackson is a joke of a QB. Garbage time throws a side, anyone could have played better. They should have put Flacco in at halftime.

He can't seem to hold onto the ball. I was looking forward to a Hail Mary ending, and Jackson didn't even give them a chance. How anti-climatic.

#11751 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is what a pick looks like.
Shame the zebras stole the six from us there.

He was clearly down by contact. Didn't you pick the Bears to lose this game? Not much faith in your team considering they're at home and are favored. Not much of a fan if you ask me.

#11758 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Realistically, this is a rebuilding year for the bears.

How is this a rebuilding year? This is their year. The Bears aren't getting any better than they are right now at 12-4. And they have sucked for a long time, so what is there to rebuild from?

#11763 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Bears are putting pieces in place for the next few years. This is the first full year with mitch andnow mack. I think we are losing only 1? Likely on the D and are levels deep. Next year they pick up some long ball recievers and strengthen the oline. At the begining of this year everyone was saying they may go 8-8, and here they are giving the defending champs a good game.

I think you are getting the definition of a rebuilding year confused with something else because what the Bears have done is the exact opposite. Rebuilding entails dumping high priced veterans for young potential and draft picks. The Raiders are rebuilding by trading Mack and Cooper. The Bears are mortgaging their future in an effort to win now and possibly next year.

#11777 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure we are getting a new kicker, lol

Good to see you can joke about it, but that kinda proves you're not a true bears fan. Not sure how I feel about it as a Rams fan. Chicago is a better team than the cowboys, but Eaekial Elliot will be a real handful next week.
I'm guessing the Saints-Eagles rematch is going to be a little closer than 48-7. Can you imagine an Eagles-Patriots rematch?

Edit: no way you can keep that kicker after that.

#11781 9 months ago

Patriots will not lose at home to the Chargers or the Colts the week after that.
Eagles will beat the struggling as of late Saints and then lose to the Rams.
Rams over Patriots.

#11784 9 months ago
Quoted from Spencer:

They wont beat the Saints at home. No chance.

Saints got clobbered at home against the lowly Panthers last week. And lost to the lowly Bucs at home as well.

#11788 9 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Did you watch the game? No Brees or Kamara. Ingram was in the game during first quarter.
Oh, and we already beat the Eagles 48 to 7 at home.

A loss is a loss.

#11810 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

All this proves is you have absolutely zero clue of what is like to be a bears fan. Lmk when you decide to not be a dick and kick someone when they are down.
Next year is going to be great! Lots to look forward to for the next few years and happy i am finally in a stage of life where i can afford to see a few games and have them finally be good. Hell of a game to play ne the season againt the defending champs. Nice to see a clean game and they played well for an inexperienced team!

You don't seem too down. Next year Bears come in third in division playing that tougher schedule and miss the playoffs. This year was their chance and they blew it because fans like you expect them to lose. Same thing happens in Atlanta. Noone to blame but fans like Hilton who are always waiting till next year because this year is a rebuilding year. There. That's my last dick post. It's all out of my system......hopefully.

#11811 9 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Did you watch the game? No Brees or Kamara. Ingram was in the game during first quarter.
Oh, and we already beat the Eagles 48 to 7 at home.

I was being facetious in case you guys didn't pick up on it. It should be a good game though. Go Eagles!

#11830 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

no man, I am super important. If I had just been a real fan, then they would have won the game

See, you get it. You live and you learn.

#11832 9 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Huh? So whysnow’s approach to fandom somehow torpedoed the Bears playoff performance? You seem unfamiliar with how the game is actually played. See, you’ve got 11 guys on the field (if you’re lucky), and then some coaches on the sideline ....

You're forgetting about the 12th man. A consortium of fans and the cosmic energy, both positive and negative(in the Far East it's called yin and yang) that they infuse into the game. Whysnows negativity brought da Bears down. One bad apple can spoil the bunch, or push a football a few inches extra to the left.

#11833 9 months ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well, I mean you tried for a few hours at least... lol

I contend that, that was not a dick post.

#11925 9 months ago

4 straight 3 and outs to start the game? Never would have predicted that one.

#11930 9 months ago
Quoted from henrydwh:

Love my Chiefs!!!!

Wow! Clark Hunt is on pinside?

#11935 9 months ago

Rams: 273 yards rushing
Cowboys: 50 yards rushing

Not in a million years would I have predicted this stat.

Having said that, the final score shouldn't have been so close.

All the analysts were saying it would be like a Cowboys home game with 60% of the crowd Dallas fans. Boy were they wrong. Judging by the cheers and the jerseys in the stands, I would say it was a solid 80% home crowd.

McVay never should've gone for it on 4th down on the goal line. A field goal makes it a 2 possession game with not much time left. He was lucky they made it. Looking forward to a rematch next week with that no good team that beat the Rams earlier in the season.

#11936 9 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Chiefs Rams rematch in super bowl would be awesome!

That or a Rams-Patriots superbowl rematch. Only this time I will be rooting for the Rams.

The NFL's worst nightmare would be a Chargers-Rams Super Bowl. Noone wants to see the crappy Chargers with it's crappy fanbase go any further. If the Pats don't take them out, the refs will.

#11952 9 months ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

The St.LouisRamsofLosAngeles

You're a funny guy. Now go watch your rough riders or whoever plays in your backwater town.

#11970 9 months ago

And that folks, is the ballgame. You can't a allow 22 yard pass on 3rd and 13.

#11972 9 months ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, not going to happen. Brees just ate up 10 minutes 2 drives ago. It was all saints in the second half.

Eagles pass rush just disappeared. You can't give Bree's that much time. I suppose all those injuries didn't help. Darn. Really wanted the Rams to host next week.

#11991 9 months ago

Foles turned back into a pumpkin.

#12000 9 months ago

Well, I"m happy. The Rams won, the Saints look pretty vulnerable, and that San Diego team got their ass handed to them today. Seriously, who actually invited them to play in L.A.? It was funny to see all the experts picking the Chargers to win in Foxburough. As if.

#12089 9 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

So Goff is the real question of the four anyone would say. However I think the Rams roster is the most stacked in the league.
To someone who doesn't follow the Rams it felt like a tale of two seasons for the Rams offense. Maybe vicjw66 can chime in.
Their offense looked to me like it was predicated on running and playaction. Then teams stopped respecting the play action and stacked the line, and the offense wasn't the same. Now of course recently Dallas happened!

Short answer is that Cooper Kupp got injured. He was a huge part of that play action. He just always seemed to find an open lane in his routes, kinda like Travis Kelce does. Losing to the Saints also took away a little of their confidence. They are finally adjusting and getting back to the team they were. Saints seemed to go though a similar funk after they lost to the Cowboys. Should be some good games next week.
Rams by a touchdown, Pats by a field goal.

#12133 8 months ago
Quoted from Jodester:

My crummy picks for the weekend:
Saints over Rams 38-35
Chiefs over Patriots 42-41

Change your pick to the Rams over Saints and I'll change my thumbs down to a thumbs up.

I think the scores will be a bit lower. I'm curious if there will be much wind in Kansas City. If it is windy then the Chiefs are in for a fight. I've seen Brady's adjustments for windy conditions. He shortens his throwing mechanics and throws downward in a really tight spiral, slicing through the wind. He basically knows how to neutralize the wind in a way that other quarterbacks have yet to figure out.

The referee has it out for the Rams, so it really is suspect that the League chose him. I expect shenanigans in favor of both the Pats and Saints, but we will see if the better teams can overcome that. If the Rams lose a close game because of some serious b.s., then I would like to apologize to the thread now, for possible lashing out that I may inflict on the innocent.

#12172 8 months ago

If I were a Saints fan I would be losing it. When I saw the no call live it happened so quick that I didn't see a foul so I can see how it might have been missed. It looked a lot worse in slow motion replay. I need a beer. I'm a nervous wreck after that game and I haven't started drinking yet. It certainly didn't look good for the Rams early on.

I would love to see the Rams beat the Patriots more than anything, but would be much less bummed if the Rams happen to lose to the Chiefs. Also, I think a rematch against the Chiefs would be a harder game for the Rams to pull off. So, I'm torn on who to root for in the nightcap. If my sister didn't just move back to L.A. last summer from Atlanta, I would be buying my plane ticket right now.

#12203 8 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Hey, did you guys hear that the Patriots are going to the Superbowl again? This will be Tom Terrific’s 9th trip to the big game. Ninth! GOAT! Greatest Of All Time! 5 rings, and when you ask him which ring is his favorite, he will answer “The next one”.

A Goat is an inferior animal to the Ram.

#12205 8 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

It’s been a while since we beat the Rams in the Super Bowl. Ahhh, Super Bowl 36. I have a coffee mug from that one. Fun times.

And Noone was happier about it than me. But this is the Los Angeles Rams. And they are gonna stomp on the Pats.

#12208 8 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Well maybe Ndamukong Suh might try to stomp on something, but I assume they will eject him when he pulls that antic. He won’t be able to hold it together.

If he stomps Brady out of the game then I will take it. Belicheat is getting old and there's a new sherifff in town.

#12210 8 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I love that moniker. Still pushing the rules. Still winning after all these years. He has the best news conferences in the game. He’ll talk for 5 minutes, and not say a word. But I know... haters gotta hate.

I predict all his answers will be about thinking about the Rams.

#12223 8 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

And you are absolutely correct. I don't know how anyone who has been watching football for the last 12 years, can not see that the information videotaped of the Jets in 2007, is currently being used by the Patriots to continually win championship games. It is completely out of the realm of possibility that a team can be so much better than other teams, who are playing the same sport. Cheating has to be a factor in each and every win.
I kid you not. Put a deflated football in my hands and I would be winning 5 Super bowls as well. Let me tell you, I sure would not want to turn my back on Tom Brady if a game of checkers were on the line. Not that he would move pieces when I was not looking, but the Patriots filmed the jets 12 years ago, which was not prohibited by the league, but they did it from the wrong location. Therefore if he beat me, it would OBVIOUSLY be because he cheats. No wonder he has more SB wins than any other quarterback. Not to mention all the AFC championships that came after 2007. Coincidence? no. That videotaped info was and still is, the key to their success. Anyone who thinks its because they can play one hell of game of football is just lying to themselves.

I agree completwly with everything you just said.

#12225 8 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I like the Rams don't get me wrong. With that said, they are only in the Superbowl because of that blown call.... WOW is all i have to say.. That was a early Christmas gift. DAMN!!!

Christmas was less than 1 month ago. You do not get to use the term "early Christmas gift" until at least July.