pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
1c6b92ca89c98fbc3e43e1d285c4cb24.gif
Screenshot_20240316-204400_Brave (resized).jpg
pasted_image.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (51 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (4 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

343 posts in this topic match your search for posts by steveo. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1245 10 years ago

Jason Garrett needs to spend less time yucking it up on the sidelines with Dez Bryant when he scores and concentrate on his horrible defense. If Matt Flynn played against the Cowboys every week he would get another huge free agency contract.

#1248 10 years ago

Dez Bryant went to the locker room right after the interception. At least Romo had the class to congratulate the Packers on the field after the game.

#1258 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe Jerry, just like Al Davis, should actually try coaching.

Jerry is already the owner and GM. He might as well coach and park the fans cars.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

Exactly.. like Jimmy Johnson. Not many of those coaches. I bet Bill Cowher would have the cowboys in the superbowl within 2 years. Especially if the Giants keep playing like total shit and the NFC continues to be the weaker of the 2 conferences.

I can't believe how bad the G-Men are this year. It's the curse of the team hosting the Super Bowl. The Jets playing bad have nothing to do with the curse. They are just a bad team.

#1281 10 years ago

Tucker helped me win in my FF league. 6 field goals, one of them from 61 yards...

#1313 10 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Rodgers officially ruled out of Sunday's game.
I'm pretty disgusted.

That sucks. I have Jordy Nelson in my FF final. I would much rather have Rodgers throw to him.

#1315 10 years ago

The Packers won the Super Bowl a couple of years ago when they were a 6 seed. They got hot at the right time.

1 week later
#1672 10 years ago

If Jerry Jones wants to improve the Cowboys he should fire the GM.

#1776 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Forty Whiners vs Packers
The Whine and Cheese Bowl
It's a big if but if the Packers can keep Kaeperprick pressured and some what uncomfortable back there and pick up on his first reads Kaeperprick will self destruct. Still to this day he does not go through his progressions. If the first read is not there Kaeperprick scrambles and panics back there. Keep him pressured and contained and let Rogers put some points up. Remember Kaeperprick has never played in these conditions. He is a fair weather quarterback.
Good luck to the Packers this weekend! Go Cheeseheads!

I am sick of seeing Harbaugh whine to the officials throughout the game. If it were the NBA he would have technical fouls every game.

1 week later
#2098 10 years ago

Did they put a micophone on Peyton or was there absolutely no crowd noise when Denver had the ball? You could hear everything he was calling out. I think the Chargers were called for 5 neutral zone infractions because of Peyton and his Omahas. I think the Pats will win next week. Brady always seems to beat Peyton but it will be a very good game.

#2148 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I thought it was the dirty bird that caused it. That shit was obnoxious.

I thought it was when the Eagles played lined up and the guy who scored rolled the dice like a game of craps.

#2215 10 years ago

I am not a Dolphins fan but Marino was awesome considering he was surrounded by mediocre talent. They never had a running game and their center, Dwight Stephenson, was the only other Hall of Famer on the team. Horseface Elway didn't get his Super Bowl rings until Terrel Davis was there.

#2265 10 years ago

It should be a fun Super Bowl with the best offense against the best defense.

#2369 10 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

My god man, its defenSe. You kinda lose all credibility when you constantly misspell that word. (misspelled minimum of 5 times) I will make it simple for you Seattle fans. Going in I knew as a 9er fan it was going to be tough, we lost and it was a great game. Lost due to a young quarterback not being patient. Seattle has a great RB and great defenSe but come on. I feel a lot more confident that the Broncos are going to murder Seattle. The 9er game is over, move on to your shit talk towards the Broncos. If you want to keep digging that dagger into 9er fans thats fine. We are a better franchise, produce more hall of famers, produce more pro bowlers, won more Superbowls, have more AFC championships, ............................ There is something you can't argue.

I don't believe the Niners have won any AFC championships.

#2434 10 years ago

The USFL used to have a TD worth 7 points and then try for an action point, running a play from the 2 yard line and not be allowed to kick.

#2447 10 years ago

The XFL also gave us "He Hate Me."

1 week later
#2494 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The best 2 weeks of football are done, wild card and divisional, the 2 most awesome weeks! After that you go to 2 games for one weekend for Conference and then a bye week leading into the Super Bowl. just fizzles out.
Would be awesome to see the superbowl the saturday night following the conference championship games to keep the momentum going and make it a real party night.
Well, that is my opinion anyway....

They had a couple of years where there was no bye week before the Super Bowl. I thought it was much better without the bye.

#2560 10 years ago

I wish Buck and Aikman would shut up. NBC tried a broadcast many years ago without any announcers and it was great.

#2593 10 years ago

The NFL used to have two bye weeks in the early '90's. I am all for having 2 bye weeks. We can also eliminate two of the pre-season games. The starters rarely play. The owners will not get rid of them because season ticket holders have to purchase pre-season games. They will not want to lose that revenue.

7 months later
#3039 9 years ago

Just when I thought the AFC East was up for grabs the Pats made a statement against the Bangles.

#3065 9 years ago

The Cowboys have 2 wide receivers that keep making incredible plays. Demarco Murray has been the best back in the league and they have been smart by sticking with the running game. The O and D lines are solid. I don't like the Cowboys but I have to give props to Jones for building a very good team.

1 month later
#3195 9 years ago

If Rodgers and Jordy don't get hurt I don't see anyone stopping the Pack this year.

#3198 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

take that back!
edit:I think a clay matthews or randall cobb injury could impact as well. They've played a lot better but i still don't trust the defense. they were getting shredded just two games prior to these last two.

You are probably right. Those guys are awesome as well. The Pack better re-sign Cobb.

1 week later
#3234 9 years ago

Belichick signed a contract to coach the Jets then one day later signs with the Pats. Who can blame him for ditching the Jets but that was classless.

Rex Ryan and Mike Smith should both be fired. Smith lost two games because of poor clock management at the end of the game. Rob Ryan is the most overrated defensive coach. Look how much better the Cowboys are without him and how bad the Saints defense is.

1 week later
#3324 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Another great day for my teams.
Did anybody figure out why Fox broadcasted an all AFC game today? That is a new one to me.
Edit- google is our friend
"this is a part of the new "cross-flexing" program the NFL has this year that allows them to flex some games between networks"
Good night ya'll!

I'd like to know the answer as well. I noticed Thanksgiving that CBS broadcasted the Lions/Bears game, both NFC teams. I hadn't heard about the networks switching things up.

1 week later
#3356 9 years ago

Aaron Rodgers' poor game ended my fantasy season. Then again, I never would have made the playoffs without his incredible year.

#3365 9 years ago

The Bears must have seen how successful Cleveland was benching Hoyer last week. Then again, Chicago doesn't have Johnny Football backing up Cutler so they might be ok.

#3374 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I honestly don't think he was bench because of his performance.....or I should say "just because".
He was benched so they can trade him. They benched him so he can't get hurt before he gets traded. Then they will pay him 6 million or so right now; which will drop what he's owed and bring down the price tag on his trade......thus enhancing his trade value. See you Jacksonville Cutler! (Or TB....or Cleveland?.....or........)

I could see Tampa Bay. The Jags will give Bortles 3 years just like they did with Gabbert before drafting another "franchise quarterback".

#3388 9 years ago

Harbaugh graduated from Michigan. It's a good fit for him and a much needed boost to the program.

#3421 9 years ago

Whoever wins the NFC (Seahawks, Cowboys, or Pack) will win the Super Bowl.

#3450 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Don't forget the cardinals they are still giving the Seahawks a hard time to win their division .....hopefully the rookie QB Logan Thomas will make an outstanding debut.....it's his time to shine ..

I like the Cards but injuries have killed them this year.

Peyton has been suspect outside of Denver where he can't control the fans to be quiet while he calls another audible. Peyton doesn't like playing outside in the cold.

Billichik has done a great job of coaching again without a star wide out or running back. Somehow, the Aaron Hernandez story went away and was no longer a distraction.

1 week later
#3621 9 years ago

NFC: I can't stand Pete Carroll, Cam Newton, and the Cowboys so hopefully Aaron Rodgers can get Green Bay to the Super Bowl.

AFC: Denver and NE should win easily.

#3625 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

"can't stand" Pete Carroll?!

When he was the Jets' coach he was very immature. One example was when the Dolphins kicker missed a short field goal he made the choke sign. I also don't think he was held accountable for the mess at USC.

#3629 9 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Admittedly, I'm a homer now when it comes to Pete Carroll and I don't know his past inside and out, but you're going back 22+ years when you talk about his coaching days with the Jets. I wasn't as big of a fan of his when he was head coach at USC either, but that was mainly because they were a successful rival Pac 10 school.
I'm sure he's no saint (who is for that matter?), but FWIW, he has a reputation as a highly positive thinking person as well as an energetic coach that gets as much as possible out of his players and is well liked by them in return. Beyond football, he also does a lot for the LA and Seattle communities through the charities that he has personally established.

To be honest, he probably is a great guy. The players love him and you can't argue with his success beyond his days with the Jets and New England. And he is in better shapes than most coaches and he is the second oldest. Even though my sister lives in Port Townsend I am an east coaster and don't follow the teams out that way.

1 week later
#3842 9 years ago

I am pulling for the Packers to win but I don't see anyone beating Seattle this year.

#3866 9 years ago

I would not be surprised to see Peyton retire. It depends on how the team looks. D. Thomas and J. Thomas are free agents, Fox is gone, the offensive coordinator is gone. Maybe he will return if he is healthy but I could see him be a coach somewhere if he wanted to go that direction.

#3877 9 years ago

The Pats were the AFC East doormats for a long time years ago. They somehow made it to the Super Bowl in the mid 80's and got hammered by the Bears.

1 week later
#4087 9 years ago

Both coaches have been caught cheating at one time or another. Belichick spied on the Jets and Carroll with NCAA infractions at USC. The Seahawks led the league in penalties and Carroll cried to the refs on every flag.

#4120 9 years ago

I wouldn't mind seeing Belichick get suspended, only because I've always wanted to see just how mediocre Brady is without Belichick. He's the best coach of the last 30 years.

If you throw out Belichick's horrible years as the Browns' head coach. Let's not forget his one day stint as the Jets' head coach.

5 months later
#4204 8 years ago

Jason Pierre Paul is the latest to show how dumb NFL players can be. The Giants took back their $60M contract offer after his fireworks accident.

2 months later
#4362 8 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

It's a midwest thing I think. Chicagoans do have class when it comes to sports, especially Bears fans. We respect the rivalry between GB and the rest of the division. It's made for some great football. In the end, it's just an awesome game. Root for your team but do it with class win or lose. Enjoying the game and rivalries together is more fun.

I have gone to 3 Jags games since moving here and there are always just as many, if not more, people wearing the opposing team's jerseys as the Jaguars. It must be a Florida thing (a lot of transplants here) because it got so bad the Tampa Bay Lightning would not allow fans to wear the opposing teams' jerseys during the playoffs.

1 week later
#4523 8 years ago

Why does Rob Ryan still have a job? I am sick of seeing Goldilocks on the sideline ever Saints game that is broadcasted.

#4544 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anybody have AJ Green in fantasy? Whoa baby he had a day.

Yeah, the guy I played had AJ. Needless to say I got smoked since he got twice as much as Megatron and D. Thomas got for me.

1 week later
#4607 8 years ago

And now they're saying that was an illegal bat out of the end zone. I thought it was a heads up play, didn't know that rule (apparently, neither did the refs).

I am not familiar with that rule either. If you cannot bat the ball out of the end zone then the refs clearly missed the call. Megatron can't catch a break with some of these rules. I needed Megatron to score 14 points for me and he didn't come close. Seahawks have been getting some kind calls from the refs. First it was the Fail Mary and now this.

#4611 8 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I love my Seahawks, but the way our offensive line is playing right now it'll be a tough game next weekend.
Sacking Russell seems so easy right now, I wish we still had Unger

Be thankful you don't have the Lions offensive line.

1 week later
#4769 8 years ago

I went to my annual Jags game yesterday. Boy do they look bad. Bortles has a lot of talent but has to cut back on the interceptions. It's time to fire Bradley and bring back a no nonsense coach like Tom Coughlin.

#4771 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

At least Pozluzny came back from injury. Imagine how bad it would have been if he didn't play.

Very true. Poz played a great game but the rest of the defense is poor, to put it mildly.

#4797 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jaws does this all the time. He was sayin Carson Palmer was elite. He gets a hard on for QBs and makes a lot of outrageous claims.

Carson Palmer is killing it for my fantasy team this year. I hope he doesn't come back to Earth any time soon.

1 week later
#4893 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Man, whoever had Drew Brees in fantasy is in a good mood today. 47.5 points!!

A guy in my fantasy league dropped Brees. The guy who picked him up benched him and started Tannehill and his 8 points. Then again, I benched Palmer and am starting Cam instead. I also benched the Broncos defense and started the Falcons instead. Somehow, I still might win this week.

2 weeks later
#5061 8 years ago

The Pats are still the team to beat, even with the Edelman injury.

I really really hate the NFL rule for what is a reception. They need to re-think it during the offseason.

#5064 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Was you watching Scott Van Pelt when you wrote this? He did a little segment where he asked, "what is a catch?" He read the overly complex definition of a catch from the rule book. Pretty Good.
Speaking of terrible rules, Sunday night Russell Wilson intentionally grounded the ball so he wouldn't get sacked for a safety but they read the rule as "the ball has to travel at or near the line of scrimmage." The ball was three yards behind the line of scrimmage. Michaels and Collingsworth were saying that was dumb rule.

No I didn't see SVP but I did see the Russell Wilson play. I agree that the rule is too subjective. Just change the rule to the ball has to reach the line of scrimmage.

The NFL needs to somehow speed up the process of reviewing plays. Tennis has the best replay system as it literally takes five seconds to review a line call. If I see there is a review I will play my EM and easily have enough time to get a game in before they come back with a decision.

#5065 8 years ago

Break up the Jags. They won 2 in a row!

#5067 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Always nice to get a few wins, must be tough lumbering through these past seasons with all that disappointment.
How is the fan base liking the owner nowadays? I remember him blasting the fans shortly after he bought them and it wasn't too well received. LOL!

The love Shad Kahn here. He has invested a lot of money into the waterfront area here even though he is not from here. He also made major stadium renovations including two huge jumbotrons and swimming pools. Next thing he wants to do is build a new practice facility. The media stopped talking about the Jags moving to L.A. which was always a sore spot with the locals.

#5099 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do the locals make it to the games much? It always seem like Florida was a tough market for professional teams.

I went to the Texans/Jags game and it was about 3/4 full. Not a good showing for a division rival if you ask me. They also put tarps over some of the upper deck sections so it doesn't look as empty. You are correct, Florida doesn't do well with attendance for pro football or baseball games. If the Jags can start winning more games they will draw more. At least I can get decent seats cheaply for the time being.

#5106 8 years ago

The Bills played aggressive and held Gronk in check. They just needed a little more offense. Next Monday night is a real snoozer: Browns v. Ravens.

#5112 8 years ago

Is Megatron healthy? He keeps showing up on the injury report (like many players). I think you made a good trade as Megatron is overdue for a great game.

#5156 8 years ago

What a great Sunday night game. I never would have thought the Broncos would have a chance, even with all those Pats injuries. It was also great to see a game in the snow and not in a dome.

#5160 8 years ago

The Browns find new ways to lose every week. I have never seen a game end like that.

#5174 8 years ago

I missed out on Chandler as I was 12th on the waiver wire. I had to take Ben Watson off waivers after Gronk got hurt. Hopefully the Pats play some meaningful games so Gronk will play again before the playoffs if he is healthy.

#5177 8 years ago

Now if they would just drop those Papa John Commercials with Manning.

#5226 8 years ago

They never call pass interference on hail marys. Seattle stole a game from the Packers a couple of years ago when the replacement refs didn't call a mugging in the end zone.

As for the excessive amount of penalties this year, I don't blame the refs. Most of the time, they get it right. Players try to get away with as much as possible and are also coached that way.

#5256 8 years ago

Cam could have thrown for a couple more TD's if Ginn didn't have the dropsies and Cam hit some wide open receivers. As much as I dislike Rob Ryan, the Saints poor defense was not entirely his fault.

#5268 8 years ago

This is a rare first rate Thursday night game. I am benching Carson Palmer and starting Cam this week. Hopefully, I don't regret it.

#5309 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

My lineup for playoffs against PorkChopExpress for this week, thoughts? Thinking of doing my first lineup of 2 TE with one in the flex spot, would love to put Edelman in there if he's healthy..... Packer players are no swap outs, they play regardless. (the last 4 spots are my bench) I have Seattle D starting against the cleveland steamers with KC on the pine.
Screen Shot 2015-12-16 at 1.24.51 AM.png

Reed and Thomas have been solid lately. I would go with them as well. I assume you are in a keeper league since you have Jordy on your bench.

I am not sure if I should start Cam or Palmer this week. Both are on the road playing shitty NFC East teams.

#5322 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Who is the NFL marketing genius behind the new Thurs uniforms. Are you fuckin kidding me!?!

I thought they were playing in their pajamas.

The Jags recently auctioned off their hideous gold uniforms from their Thursday night game. Somehow, they raised $33,000.

#5337 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

A few things.....
1) Antonio Brown is a straight up baller, WOW! 5-10 181 lbs....our new Steve Smith. Cant wait to watch him play the next few years.
2) Beckham Jr. is a piece of human garbage, hope he gets suspended the rest of the season. Douche!
3) Ugly road win Pack, best bring your A game against Arizona next week, super slop ending.
4) Charles Woodson, has been awesome watching you play sir! Not many players play till 39 at his level, very impressed!
5) I hope you played Cam Newton Steve O!
6) Congrats to the Cardinals clinching the division, I really enjoy watching their team play, Arians is such a good coach and sweet to see the history/old guys on the coaching staff. That one dude was an assistant coach for the Chiefs in Super Bowl 1! Awesome!

Even with Cam's 51 points I am going to lose this week. Oh well.

#5338 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I'm surprised he wasn't kicked out of the game, that block play hit to the helmet was clear intent to injure. Maybe Brandon Meriweather was whispering in his ear.
Add another player to the 'turd' list, Suh & Meriweather were starting to get lonely.

I love the G-Men but Beckham needs to get his head screwed on straight. He should get suspended for that bs.

You can add Hardy to that list.

1 week later
#5518 8 years ago

What a crazy schedule with the last 3 night games being in Minnesota, Denver, and now Green Bay. I love watching players and fans freeze from the comfort of my living room, well my garage-cade anyway. Unfortunately, the Vikings are going back to being a dome team next year.

#5552 8 years ago

Are all the road teams favored to win for the first round of the playoffs?

#5558 8 years ago

I'm surprised the NFL has both AFC games on Saturday and the NFC games on Sunday. Usually they have one of each on each day.

It's not surprising Coughlin stepped down. He is almost 70 so it's time to retire. The Jags will go one more year before firing Gus Bradley.

#5594 8 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Woah, was not expecting Lovie Smith to be fired....

I was shocked to hear Smith got fired as well. I thought Tampa made some big improvements this year. I wonder if the Bangles will fire Marvin Lewis if they lose in the first round again this year.

#5603 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

They would be dumb if they do. Success is so hard to come by in the NFL. He's only had 3 losing seasons in 13 years. He's won 10 games every year for the last 4 years. I could see them thinking "we haven't had any success in the post season, let's find another coach." There are so many teams that would love to have the success that the Bengals have had. A team should want to win championships but consistency has to come first. Of the last 14 Super Bowl Champs, only 3 coaches have won before their fourth year. Belichek, Mike Tomlin, Jon Gruden. 2 of those coaches success was dependent on the previous coach.

I agree. The Bills and Jags (to name 2 teams) would be glad to change records with the Bengals for the last 10 years or so. Cincy's playoff record has been so poor however that it would not surprise me to a change made if the Steelers win on Saturday.

1 week later
#5918 8 years ago

St. Louis decided to spend their money on education and other needs rather than pad the pockets of a billionaire. St. Louis is a good sports town but baseball will always be #1 there.

#5926 8 years ago

The 49ers pick up Kelly as their HC. It's like they hate winning.

Wow, you can expect a major change in the roster if Kelly has the same power he had in Philly.

#6120 8 years ago

Patriots and Panthers in the Super Bowl.

Carolina dominated Seattle in the first half and coasted. Peyton was throwing a lot of wounded ducks last week. His receivers also dropped a lot of his passes. I doubt the weather in Denver will be any warmer on Sunday. Peyton does not like playing in cold weather.

#6223 8 years ago

Denver won because of a stout defense and Peyton not making mistakes. Lucky for Peyton it was a balmy 46 degrees in Denver. Credit the Pats for making a game of it and almost sending it to overtime. Gostkowski made over 500 straight PATs before that miss.

The Panthers destroyed the Cards. Another great defensive team that should have no problem stopping the Broncos in the Super Bowl. Cam is much better than Peyton at this point in their careers.

1 week later
#6249 8 years ago

Did anyone actually watch the Pro Bowl? It's easily the worst of all of the pro sports all star games.

#6279 8 years ago

I like Tony Siraguso's sideline comments. I don't like the networks going the Fox News route in hiring hot chicks for sideline reporters. At least on Fox News you can look at them. I don't want to hear some chick who knows little about football tell me about Dez Bryant being questionable with a groin injury. Do I really need Erin Andrews for this information?

In Jax we always get the bottom of the annoucing food chain. I'm sure no one else in the country has heard of those announcers, unless they happen to play the Jaguars. I hate Nance calling everyone by their first name like he is friends with them. Collinsworth must have taken one too many concussions and should stop saying "pass rush" as it sounds like "pash rush". Michaels is the best and has been the best for a long time. Gruden still does not understand the rules of the game.

Another horrible halftime show scheduled for this year. When you go to a football game, the PA is playing AC/DC or Metallica, not Coldplay or Bruno Mars or Madonna.

#6280 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I like Gruden he's like Madden-lite.
What's with some of the less attractive women sideline reporters? I can't understand that at all, I mean at least Goose and Feely played football but what's the point of having women on the sideline? When did Oprah become a sideline reporter?
What happened to Erin Andrews?
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg

Whoa, what happened? Maybe that is why I don't see the chick sideline reporters.

#6298 8 years ago

The worst NFL commentating team was the year Frank Gifford, OJ Simpson, and Joe Namath broadcasted MNF. Gifford looked good compared to the other two imbeciles.

My favorite team of all time was Pat Summerall and John Madden followed closely by Al Michaels and John Madden.

Best call by a ref:

#6393 8 years ago

Fun game, both defenses played great. It was great to see Von Miller win the MVP as he was the #2 pick in the 2011 draft after Cam. I feel bad for Ron Rivera who is a class act. It's time for Peyton to ride off into the sunset just like Elway did.

1 month later
#6526 8 years ago

A lot of money being spent on defense. The Giants are going for broke this year. Hopefully Vernon is not Albert Haynesworth reincarnated.

The Jets love to spend money on aging running backs: Tomlinson, Johnson, Forte. LT worked out pretty well but Johnson was a bust. Ivory will miss the Jets' offensive line because the Jags' line is horrible.

1 week later
#6608 8 years ago

When I think of the Browns I think of Bernie Kosar. A 6'5" man who threw like someone 5'10". And his acting was horrible on The Drew Carey Show.

4 weeks later
#6658 7 years ago

This should be Gus Bradley's last year with the Jags. He is probably the nicest guy in football but they need another Coughlin type to motivate these guys. The only good thing about a week one home game against the Packers is they might actually sell out the stadium.

#6669 7 years ago

I don't follow college football too much but are those two quarterbacks really worth trading all those draft picks? It seems to me the Browns and Titans made out on both trades.

#6674 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The US appeals court upholds Brady's 4 game suspension, he must serve it at the beginning of the year.

Good. Let him serve his suspension and let's move on from this and re-visit Ray Rice.

#6717 7 years ago

The Jags had a great draft rebuilding their defense. Too bad they didn't address the need with their offensive line. Bortles will continue to run for his life with their lack of protection.

I like what the Titans did to protect Marriotta.

Typical Jerry Jones draft taking a fantasy player with the Cowboys' first pick.

The Texans got Osweiler a couple more weapons. AFC South got a lot stronger, well those teams could only get better.

#6723 7 years ago

That reminds me of Bill Grammatica, a kicker who would always celebrate after his kicks. He got injured during one of his celebrations.

2 weeks later
#6734 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I say Bengals v Pack Super Bowl. See you there Flank.

The Bangles need to win a playoff game first before dreaming of the Super Bowl.

#6753 7 years ago

Is Gordon's suspension up this year? He has burned my fantasy teams a few times but what a talent. If he could only get his act together. Same for Justin Blackman.

1 month later
#6760 7 years ago

Did anyone see Any Given Wednesday on HBO? I saw the first episode with Ben Affleck. He cried on and on about how Brady is persecuted by the NFL. Get over it already.

#6763 7 years ago

Simmons should be nothing more than a local sportswriter. He can't go 3 sentences without the words "Boston", "Belichick", "Brady", or "Sox". Is there any other national sports writer that's such a homer?

I didn't know anything about him but you described him in a nutshell.

#6789 7 years ago

The Bears will miss Forte. He may be old but still has some legs.

1 week later
#6818 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

RIP Dennis Green

"They are who we thought they were...". One of the best rants ever.

#6832 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Am I missing something? A lot of people picking the Viqueens! Did Bridgewater get good in the offseason? I know they have a good D, but Bridgewater hasnt shown much at all, and AP is aging.

I was thinking the same thing. I also think going back to a dome is a mistake for the Vikings.

#6834 7 years ago

Their football stadium is a dome, but their baseball stadium is open air. I have a tough time figuring that one out.

I will root for the Twins to make it to the World Series. I would like to see them play night baseball at the end of October there.

#6849 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It's crazy that you can just keep screwing up and then get reinstated eventually. I mean how many second chances do you get before finally getting banned? Last round pick for me is gonna be Gordon to hope for lightning in a bottle this season. Not likely though. When is the last time he actually played? A season and a half ago?

Gordon is trying to beat Steve Howe's record. I think MLB suspended him 9 times for drug infractions.

#6852 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Super Bowl 2017: Jags vs Bucs
Remember you saw it here first!

That would be awesome but I see the Jags going 7-9, if they are lucky. At least they might be able to take the tarp off the upper deck seats and sell some tickets to the home game against the Pack.

#6853 7 years ago

Jaguars practice starts today. Let's see how many players keel over in the 100 degree weather.

1 week later
#6862 7 years ago

The HOF game was cancelled because they used the wrong paint on the field making it unsafe to play. That's a new one on me.

#6869 7 years ago

Bring back Sam Wyche!

#6876 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:Name one big free agent pick up in the history of the NFL that proved to be worth the money.

Drew Brees worked out pretty well for the Saints. For the most part though, free agents work out more like Albert Haynesworth did with the Redskins than Brees.

#6916 7 years ago

Thank God Adele turned down playing at the Super Bowl.

#6922 7 years ago

I hate pre-season football. It's necessary to evaluate talent but tough to watch. I watched volleyball over last night's 49ers/Texans game.

1 week later
#6945 7 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Normally I don't worry about preseason, but I'm a little bit worried that the Bucs spent a draft pick on a kicker who is the same old same old. If you can hit consistently from less than 40 yards you're in trouble - preseason or not.

The Bucs traded up to get a kicker in the second round. It reminds me of the Jags a few years ago. They took a punter in the third round when Russell Wilson was still available. Gabbert was the Jags QB at the time so they could have used Wilson.

#6947 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

If Russell lasted into the third round, the Jags weren't the only team to not pick him multiple times including the Seahawks. I've never been a fan of criticizing team's picks. The draft is such a crap shoot. It's what they do with their picks that interests me. Can they develop players into starters? Jags haven't won more than five games since '11 when they got a new owner and they have had only 4 Pro Bowlers since '11.

I agree that the draft is a crapshoot. However, a team with as many needs as the Jags should not be thinking of drafting a punter in the third round. One good thing about the bad Jags teams is that I have been able to get tickets cheap. It looks like that is going to change this year as they already sold out opening day against the Pack. They might actually take the tarp off some of the seats.

#6974 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Romo is finished. He was finished last year.
Why does Dallas refuse to accept this?

As a Giants fan, I was hoping Jon Kitna was still the Dallas back up qb.

#6984 7 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I dunno about that, it's not like Bridgewater tore it up last year. They are a D and run oriented team. 2400 yds and 14 TD shouldn't be that hard to replace.

My thoughts as well. Bridgewater was a serviceable qb but not spectacular. I didn't know his backup, Shaun Hill, was still playing football.

#6987 7 years ago

The Vikings would be better off putting AP in a Wildcat formation.

#7035 7 years ago

Hopefully the Broncos' defense shuts Cam down again on Thursday night.

#7042 7 years ago

My CBS team was graded A- and I think my team sucks. Half my roster is on a bye week 9 so someone will get a free win on me that week.

#7044 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like that. Means you'll be at full strength all other weeks.

Except that I drafted bad boys Bell and Brady. Somehow, they still have me the favorite week one so we'll see.

#7059 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Went RB heavy here and praying Gordon is a beast when he returns.

I like your Baba team. I don't see any glaring weaknesses.

#7061 7 years ago

It's interesting that the Panthers are the favorite tonight. We'll have to see if Cam learned from his Super Bowl meltdown.

#7089 7 years ago

I do think JAX has a good chance. Their defense could be pretty darn good, and Bortles plus some offensive weapons means they could be competitive in a weak division. I really think it's a toss up between those 2 teams, with JAX not far behind.

I'm not buying the hype on the Jags this year. I see them going 7-9 but I don't think they can win the division. I liked the Titans draft better as they shored up the offensive line to protect Mariata. Bortles got hammered last year and the Jags did nothing to improve the offensive line. The defense should be better with Fowler healthy and a great draft. I don't know that Gus Bradley is the answer as head coach. He is one of the nicest and positive guys around but that does not necessarily translate as a good coach. Game 1 will be a major test against Green Bay.

#7097 7 years ago

I wasn't aware that they changed the rule that a touchback places the ball at the 25 yard line instead of the 20. I like it as teams might consider making the other team run a kick off back.

Carolina's kicker had one kickoff from his own 20 that he kicked through the end zone. You got to love Denver's thin air.

#7119 7 years ago

I'm not a Raiders fan but that was a gutsy call by Del Rio going for 2.

Brees threw for 430 yards and only 6 of them were to Fleener. Thanks a lot.

#7141 7 years ago

Williams is the oldest running back in the league and he demolished the Skins.

#7143 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think I could demolish that run defense. Woof

Definitely. It doesn't hurt that Pittsburgh's offensive line is really good.

#7175 7 years ago

Let's go Jets tonight!

I don't know how Rex Ryan (and Rob Ryan for that matter) still have jobs.

#7193 7 years ago

Interesting. Replays are shown more than game action.

#7197 7 years ago

Is the NFL doing ugly uniform Thursdays again this year? I wasn't digging the Bill's all-red look.

#7213 7 years ago

I have to read up on the NFL rules. I didn't know you could run a blocked extra point back for 2 points. Leave it to Cleveland to have it done to them. The Browns also shot themselves in the foot with unsportsmanlike conduct fouls, and Josh Gordon isn't even back yet.

#7224 7 years ago

The Bills scored 31 points on Thursday and they fire their offensive coordinator instead of the Ryan twins.

#7268 7 years ago

I wholeheartly agree that Bellichick is the best coach ever. Just don't tell the Cleveland fans that. I would have bet on the Texans winning last night and they got spanked. Bellichick devised a brilliant game plan for a third string qb on a short week. Of course, like an idiot I dropped the Pats defense and picked up the Giants for this week so you know the Redskins will go wild.

#7309 7 years ago

All the Redskin fans can now thank me for starting the Giants defense this week. That looked like last year's Giants defense. This is going to be my worst year ever of fantasy football.

#7311 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Carolina killed me this week. Tevin Coleman can save it for me. Just need 25.5 points.

I need Tevin Coleman and Coby Fleener to score about 25 for me. Yes, I still have Coby Fleener.

#7313 7 years ago

The Vikings lost their qb in pre-season and AP in their home opener and amazingly are 3-0 with wins over Green Bay and Carolina. I'm still pissed they play in a dome again but I didn't see them doing this well.

#7331 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I try to stay away from comparing one to the other, becasue we're both fans of the teams and will generally like our own better.
Just looking at it scientifically though; this is fucking putrid. it doesn't really matter if another team has one worse.

That looks horrible. Did they take a page from Oregon U.?

#7335 7 years ago

It's still not as bad as the gold uniforms the Jags wore last year.

11202015BlakeBortlesspt12JagsTitansGM111-(1)_0 (resized).jpg11202015BlakeBortlesspt12JagsTitansGM111-(1)_0 (resized).jpg

#7346 7 years ago

What was Cam thinking slowing down at the goal line on the two point conversion? He got his bell rung and almost didn't score.

#7378 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Who are the commentators anymore since Tirico left?

Sean McDonough and Gruden.

#7382 7 years ago

I hated Aikman as a player because he was a Cowboy but like him as an announcer.

You should see the announcers they have cover the Jags games. They are the bottom of the barrel in their pecking order of announcer teams.

#7394 7 years ago

Whoever picks the music going into commercial on the Sunday night games is doing a great job. They always either tie the band to the city they are playing in or the player.

I was going to blame this week's fantasy loss on Hurricane Matthew but power came back on this morning and I can set my line up.

#7421 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Jacquizz is such a fantastic name. It's right up there with Barkevious

My favorite name is Captain Munnerlyn on the Vikings.

#7423 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

AFC South? Since 2013, they have been the worst division imo.

AFC South is still the worst division by far.

#7435 7 years ago

Jerry isn't paying Romo all those millions to ride on the pine.

#7479 7 years ago

The Cowboys look like the real deal beating the Packers at Lambeau. The Redskins have been winning too. The NFC east is more competitive this year.

Odell Beckham only had two unsportsmanlike penalties called against him this week.

#7481 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Actually that's the maximum possible as you get ejected for the second. I thought he played the whole game? Had that huge touchdown late.

I didn't watch the game but I don't think Beckham was ejected. Maybe he only had one. I know he got flagged for taking off his helmet during a TD celebration.

#7509 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I avoided Thomas too. I had him last year (in the Pinside league if that's what chuckwurt meant). Hated him, worst pick ever
I think of Thomas as a system guy. Peyton played like hot buttered ass last year, and great the year before. Siemian has been better than I expected this year, certainly better than 2015 Manning. The system seems to be working somewhat and Thomas benefits.

Kubiak is more run oriented than Fox was in Denver. Great for the team but not so great for fantasy stats. Paxton Lynch should be a solid qb for them down the road.

#7519 7 years ago

The offenses were so bad Sunday night (and good defense) that even the kickers sucked.

1 week later
#7541 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

First time my Raiders have been 6-2 since 1977, we set the records for both Raider passing yards and league team penalties... What a game!
Go Raiders!

That reminds me of the Raiders of old. Too bad they might leave Oakland but Vegas would be a better fit for their image than LA was.

Speaking of stadiums, how can Atlanta afford building two new stadiums (baseball and football) in the same year?

1 week later
#7555 7 years ago

Just like everyone else, Del Rio has done well since leaving the Jaguars.

#7568 7 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

The 12th man = the refs
What a disgrace!
On the other side it is nice to see Russel Wilson healthy, he looked sharp.

Yep, the refs always give the Seahawks and crybaby Pete Carroll some suspect calls.

#7577 7 years ago

Football needs to figure out how to do replay right. As was stated, it takes too long and they still make errors.

They are way overdue with getting rid of those ridiculous chains for the first down markers. How about using some technology and use lasers or something to measure for first downs.

#7588 7 years ago

Great Sunday night game. Seahawks came through with their goal line stand.

Steelers blew their game with two facemask penalties near the end. Somehow the refs missed the one where they almost took Beasley's head off. Elliott should be ROY and MVP. What a beast.

#7591 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He sure is! I can't believe how good he is. Definitely better than Demarco Murray. Reminds me a bit of Emmitt Smith in terms of finding holes, but he is a lot faster than Emmitt was, as could be seen on that 83 yard screen pass for a TD. That play really opened my eyes in terms of seeing his speed.

I like how Elliott finishes off his runs. He doesn't duck out of bounds.

1 week later
#7603 7 years ago

I can't believe how bad the Packers look.

#7615 7 years ago

As far as the NFC East... the Giants are 7-3 and are the only team so far to beat them Cowboys.

#7637 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Raiders have found their new home.

Mexico City Raiders has a nice ring to it.

1 week later
#7682 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He's saving that one for Brady.
Seriously, except for the Cowboys, Raiders, and Patriots, no team is as hot as the Dolphins right now. And they are looking to move on up the ladder.

Giants have won 6 straight and are the only team that has beaten the Cowboys.

#7757 7 years ago

The Jags are 2-10. Maybe this will be the year they finally fire Gus Bradley.

The Raiders are for real. Nice comeback win against the Bills. Why can't the Raiders sell tickets for the upper deck with their team being good again?

#7802 7 years ago

The Jets defense was atrocious last night. I'm turning 58 tomorrow and could probably cover better than the Jets did on Allen.

#7805 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Namath was pretty beat up by the time he ended his career with the Rams. There was another Monday night game against the Bears that I think I watched thru one eye. We were pretty sloshed. 6-9 was the final score I think and I don't remember who won or who drove home that night.

I saw Namath play for the Jets 3 times in the mid-70's. The Jets lost every game. One of the games was against Pittsburgh. I think it was Joe Greene that said before the game that they would take it easy on the Jets. The Steelers "only" won the game 20-0. Namath looked old then as well.

#7816 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

HUGE game for my Raiders this Thursday! In celebration of this HUGE event, I broke out the Raiders/Chiefs 8-Ball billiards set!
Go Raiders!!!

The Thursday night game might be the best game all week. The Raiders and Chiefs are two teams that have never liked each other. It's one of sports best rivalries.

#7830 7 years ago

One of the problems with the Thursday night game is that all 32 teams play on Thursday over the course of the year. The Sunday and Monday night games generally have better match ups, although lately the many of the Monday night games have been lame.

I wouldn't mind if they eliminated the London games. The novelty has worn off on that.

#7847 7 years ago

It must have been an important game for Al Michaels to make an appearance.

#7852 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

KC is looking like a serious contender.

I like Andy Reid and wish him well with the Chiefs.

#7868 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Fish win again!
But at what cost?
Tannehill gone for the season. Doh!

I didn't know Matt Moore was still in the league.

#7871 7 years ago

When I was a kid Gillette paid Joe Namath $10,000 to shave his moustache which was a ton of money back then.

#7875 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

How did he do in his next game?

The Jets were pretty horrible back then (some things never change) so I am sure he did not do well.

#7887 7 years ago

How bad are the Jaguars?

Even if the Jags win the rest of their games this year, Gus Bradley will have the worst record in NFL history. I didn't think anyone could match David Shula.

Blake Bortles has more pick 6's than wins in his career. He has 11 pick 6's and 10 wins.

#7890 7 years ago

Yea, looks like a 2-14 season for the Jags. Maybe Bradley will be let go this time. I'm not sure who the hot candidates are this year for coaches.

#7892 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

And once again it looks like the road to the Super Bowl will go through New England... My best case scenario would be the Raiders get sweet revenge in the AFC Championship game!
Go Raiders!

No tuck rule this year.

#7895 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The Jags are horrible, but so is Indy, they could win that one.
Is there a reason Bortles is still starting? That dude is hot garbage. I see @ least 2 qbs I'd start over him on the roster and even Denard Robinson, the worst pure passer I have ever seen.

I agree that there is no reason to keep starting Bortles. As bad as Chad Henne is, the back up qb, he should be given the opportunity to start. The Jags have one of the worst offensive lines in the league and no running game which doesn't help.

Bradley is a nice guy and well liked but he isn't getting the job done. He should go back to being a defensive coordinator.

Coughlin still has ties here and does a lot of local events. If he was younger it would be great to have him back.

#7901 7 years ago

Chris Collinsworth is horrible. The Seahawks challenged a spot and Collinsworth said that there was not enough visual evidence to overturn the call. When the refs reversed the call he said it was the right decision. Way to flip flop. He should also not try to say "pass rush" as it always comes out "pash rush".

#7906 7 years ago

That fake punt (if it was planned) was busch league. Punter gets knocked out cold, and Carroll is on the sidelines grinning like an a-hole. The Seahawks are like a who's who of d-bags.

Pete Carroll has a history of not having class. When he was the Jets' coach, he gave the choke sign after the Dolphins missed a short field goal attempt. I think the Dolphins won the game anyway.

#7910 7 years ago

Oh yeah, I know. I remember when the USC stuff came out, he tucked tail and got out of dodge like a coward. Penalties should have followed him to the NFL. Since I despise him so much, I thought that maybe I was remembering how it all went down incorrectly. I watched the USC documentary, and it was worse than I remembered - he left the day before the infractions came down. What a weasel.

Collinsworth talked about how Carroll coached the Jets, Pats, and was very successful at USC. He neglected to mention how he left USC in a shambles.

#7920 7 years ago

Belichick is by far the best coach. 6 Super Bowl appearances, 4 titles, plus a couple of rings as an assistant coach with the Giants. As long as you keep him out of Cleveland, no one today is better than Belichick. Carroll f*cked up calling for a pass play at the one yard line when he had The Beast. He should have had 2 titles except for that bonehead call.

#7945 7 years ago

It's about time Bradley got axed. Now he can enjoy success elsewhere like Tom Coughlin, Jack Del Rio, Mike Mularkey, and Dirk Koetter.

#7947 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I wonder how much sticking with Bortles was on Caldwell and not Bradley. I can't imagine any coach not making a qb change. That team has a bunch of guys who look like they're on the roster to validate the GMs previous drafts. What an awful gag job yesterday.

I'm sure sure if Caldwell is mandating that Bortles play. Look how well it worked out for the Texans yesterday after they benched Osweiler, and he is getting paid far more money than Bortles. I am sure the Titans are pissed that the Jags choked. What a turnaround for Tennessee to be 8-6 this year, plus they have some draft picks coming their way from the Rams.

#7953 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I hate to ever give the Patriots any credit, but thanks to their win over the Broncos yesterday that moves Miami back into the last wild card spot. They've earned it though... so far...

It was strange yesterday for Dolphin fans to root for the Patriots.

The Giants defense has been 100% better than last year. It usually doesn't work out that well when teams spent a ton of money on free agents but it has worked so far for the G-Men. DRC played incredible yesterday.

#7966 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My law of averages says you can beat the same team three times in a season and then get stomped in the Super Bowl by a better team.
"They won't be able to stop Riggins" is what my buddy's dad told me before that game. Wise man there.

There was a year when the Jags were 14-2 (hard to believe). Their two losses were to the Titans. They met the Titans in the AFC Championship game and lost a third time to them. I see a similarity this year with the Cowboys. They have lost only twice this year, both times to the Giants. In the Cowboys defense, they almost won both of those games.

#7982 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Was that the same Jags team that beat my Dolphins 63-7 in the playoffs and sent Dan Marino and Jimmy Johnson reeling into the night?

I think you are right. That was a tough way for Marino to go out.

#7983 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

That was the most fun season as a Titans fan. Kearse as DROY, McNair and George in their primes, Wade Phillips starting Rob Johnson over Flutie, Johnson losing his shoe on the final drive, the subsequent Music City Miracle, spanking the Jags, Kurt Warner's MVP out of nowhere, Dyson a yard short.

Wade Wilson made a bonehead move starting Johnson over Flutie. Flutie had earned the starter's job. They rested him the final game of the regular season as it was a meaningless game. Johnson kicks ass in the game and then was annointed the starter in the playoffs. I think that was the last time Buffalo has made it to the playoffs.

When I watched the Music City Miracle game live I thought it was a forward lateral. Replays showed the refs made the right call but it was real close. What a finish!

#7988 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Scheduling didn't help. The week before they played a late wild card game on Sunday where they beat the Seahawks in Seattle and then they were given the early Saturday game against the Jags that had just a bye week. But it's all good. He's still got that Monday Night game against the Bears in their almost undefeated season to be proud of.

If the Dolphins had a running game, Marino would have had at least one ring. Elway didn't get his rings until the Broncos got Terrell Davis and a tremendous O-line.

#8017 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

OBJ throwing a fit after the game like a spoiled brat that didn't get the present he wanted for X-Mas... Pathetic! LOL

The NFL should have a anti-Pro Bowl game with the likes of OBJ, Suh, Pacman Jones, Incognito, Justin Blackman, and Johnny Football.

#8020 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Yeah, was a good game to watch after the half. Goddamn kicker cant hit shit. Don't much care for the way Bevell is calling the plays. O line needs to be addressed in the off season soooooooooo bad! But hey, at least Wilson looked like his usual self.

The Seahawks paid their position players at the expense of the O-Line along with trading their center for Graham. That is life with the salary cap.

#8047 7 years ago

The Cowboys look really good this year. Boy, do I hate seeing a smiling Jerry Jones and Jason Garrett chumming it up with the players. I hope the Packers can stay hot and play the Pats in the Super Bowl.

#8056 7 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised to see Romo go to the Jets. They historically overpay for old, broken down players and the Jets need a qb more than most teams. Sometimes it works out for them like with LT.

#8098 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Well if we're correcting each other. I meant #2 in Foxboro. The tuck game was actually a divisional game. Pats had to beat the Steelers with Bledsoe in the 01 Championship.

I think Bledsoe played one series when Brady got hurt. Bledsoe led the Pats on a touchdown drive before Brady returned. The tuck rule was one of the worst calls in history, next to the Megatron incompletion and the Seahawks "completion" against the Packers.

The Lions better find a running game if they want to beat the Packers on Sunday night.

It's kind of nice having all the games on one day for a change. Last week, it seemed like there was a game played every day.

#8114 7 years ago

A lot of shit games today. I decided to look at a FIRE pinball project today and miss the first half of the (yawn) Jags/Colts game.

#8150 7 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Ya not gonna happen. Manhandled the Giants earlier this year and are playing even better right now. It might be shootout but GB will be taking this one. GO PACK GO!

It won't be a shoot out. The Giants haven't scored 20 points in a game in over a month. I don't think their defense will keep the Packers under 20 but here is hoping they do.

#8154 7 years ago

Pacman Jones hasn't changed.

#8174 7 years ago

The Giants need to reduce the handoffs to Rashaad Jennings and give it more to Perkins. He is far better than Jennings. The Giants have a good playoff history in Green Bay but I don't see them stopping the Packers offense this year unless the weather is bad.

I know Oakland lost Carr but how can the Texans be a favorite to win a game?

Pittsburgh rested their key players last week (and still won). They should destroy the fish.

The Seahawks will get another bullshit call go their way from the refs and beat the Lions.

#8225 7 years ago

Brock Osweiler has done horrible in prime time/nationally televised games. He didn't do so well in other games but was even worse in the national spotlight. No one from the AFC South should have been allowed in the playoffs this year.

The Lions and Giants will lose because they do not have running games. The Hawks running game has been shakey as well. Bell has been a beast for the Steelers and should roll this weekend.

#8251 7 years ago

Carr has to be the regular season MVP. The award will go to Matt Ryan (a deserving candidate) but look how the Raiders imploded once Carr went down. As good as Brady was this season, the Pats still went 3-1 when he was out.

#8291 7 years ago

Rodgers hit on another Hail Mary. Great 2nd half by the Pack. I hope they can do the same thing in Dallas.

#8303 7 years ago

I went to a lot of Patriots games when they sucked in the 80's and 90's (although they did make 2 Super Bowl appearances). It gives a team like Cleveland hope that they can turn it around, although even Belichick couldn't make the Browns a winner.

I hope the Pack can beat the Cowboys but Pittsburgh has the best chance at a road win this week.

#8317 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Everyone's gonna think I'm a hater because I'm a jealous bengals fan and that's right to an extent. I'm very jealous that the Steelers and even the Ravens have had so much more success than the bengals in my short time as a die hard.
I just don't like when I hear all this noise from Steelers fans about players on the bengals team when there's just as bad of players on the Steelers. Their fans and the media will never say anything about it and even defend them. They always get a pass, and I think that's horseshit.

I can't remember the last time I heard a commentator talk about Roethlisberger's past such as the rape allegations and personal conduct suspension. They made a bigger stink about ODB3 going to Miami.

#8322 7 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

What was the shitty call the refs made (or didn't)? I remember going "Oh come on! you gotta be kidding!" but after a weekend of steady drinking, I can't remember what happened.

lol, no bads calls that I am aware of. The Seahawks were clearly the better team.

#8323 7 years ago

The Jags hired Doug Marrone (yawn) as head coach and brought back Coughlin as VP. I guess winning one game as interim coach and choking in another game was good enough to hire him. We'll see if he quits like he did in Buffalo.

#8339 7 years ago

I guess we'll see how L.A. goes from having no NFL teams the last 20 years or so to having 2 again. I guess that leaves Vegas for the Raiders.

#8345 7 years ago

I am not a Jerry Jones fan but I believe he paid for the Cowboys stadium which is what owners should do.

San Diego recently paid for a new stadium for the Padres. I guess they didn't want to pay for another stadium. I am not sure how Atlanta is building two stadiums at the same time with the Falcons and Braves both getting new stadiums.

I don't get the whole second fiddle thing either. The Jets couldn't get NYC to approve a stadium deal a few years ago. It would have helped their fan base if they were in the city. Then again, they are the Jets so it probably wouldn't have helped.

#8349 7 years ago

The original Chargers uniforms are one of my favorites.

09000d5d8074c970_video_cp (resized).jpg09000d5d8074c970_video_cp (resized).jpg

#8363 7 years ago

It's great how the billionaire owners stick up for Spanos with his move. Every team has to have a new billion dollar stadium to be viable according to the owners. The Pats old shithole stadium they had before their current cost $2.5 million to build in the 60's. It's the second worst stadium I ever went to (Jarry Park, Montreal Expos was the worst) but they used it for decades. Kraft was talking about what a stand up guy Spanos is and supported his moving the Chargers.

Does Vegas even have a football stadium other than the one used by UNLV?

#8417 7 years ago

They should have played the Chiefs game in the afternoon on the sheet of ice. The NFL is really wussing it up with the heated fields and drainage systems to take the elements out of the game, like domes weren't enough.

Aaron Rodgers is amazing. 30 seconds is enough for him to win the game. If it went to overtime, the Cowboys would probably have won. The Packers defense was spent.

#8442 7 years ago

I am really looking forward to next week's games. If anyone can stop the Pats it's the Steelers. Green Bay is on one of those runs like last time they won the Super Bowl. For Atlanta to win, Matt Ryan will have to play like an MVP because it should be a shoot out.

#8455 7 years ago

Ben's numbers drop off dramatically on the road. NE should win the game but Pittsburgh is capable of an upset. I agree that the Steelers need to feed the ball to Bell more often in the red zone.

The Packers are hurting at WR with Jordy injured. They are amazing at how they can rotate their wide outs into the slot position like they did when Adams got hurt. Cook is turning into a huge threat and won the game for them against the Cowboys.

#8585 7 years ago

Atlanta was impressive. I am looking forward to this year's Super Bowl, except for Lady Gaga. It's time to revamp or get rid of the halftime extravaganza. When I go to a football game, the stadium is playing something like Metallica or AC/DC. They aren't playing Lady Gaga or Cold Play.

#8595 7 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

I kind of wish gb won so we could see a remach from 1996 patriots vs. Green bay. I was only 6 when that game happened but i still remember watching it.

I was only 37 when that game happened and I don't remember anything.

#8612 7 years ago

That comment in the article about too many commercial breaks is so true. You really notice it when you go to a game. They need to speed up the challenge process. Mike Periera seems to be able to make a determination pretty quickly and accurately.

#8619 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Concussions, new penalties and commercials are killing the sport. Maybe for good reason. The fact that a lot of these guys die early makes it a very weird sport to root for. Plus, the alcohol culture surrounding the game gives me zero desire to actually attend, and I'm a Patriots season ticket holder.

I friend of mine from NY went to the Jags/Broncos game and couldn't believe how mellow the crowds are here. Of course, having a perenially shitty team can temper one's enthusiasm.

The sport with the best replay system is tennis. They have a computer generated replay which is very definitive whether a ball is in or out. It literally takes them 5 seconds to review and make a decision.

#8638 7 years ago

They could have the Super Bowl in the north if they played the game in the afternoon, like they should. A 30 degree day in the sun is great football playing weather. It still sucks for the fans in the stands. Of course, the NFL has to maximize their profits and will never move the game from prime time.

#8650 7 years ago

I saw about 2 minutes of the Pro Bowl. The uniforms looked like the horrible Thursday night game uniforms. I saw Dree Brees miss a wide open receiver. Apparently, even he did not care about the game.

#8654 7 years ago

I like what Dan Quinn has done with the Falcons. They were well prepared for the Packers but the Pats are probably the toughest team to prepare against. The Pats mix up their game play so much you don't know if they will focus on running the ball or passing whereas the Packers pretty much passed on every down. I like the Pats to win but wouldn't be surprised to see the Falcons win. How is that for hedging my bet?

1 week later
#8731 7 years ago

Lady Gaga stole Jaxson De Ville's act.

#8736 7 years ago

Lynn Swann absolutely deserves to be in the Hall. It was a 14 game season until 1978 which limited the stats and Pittsburgh usually had the lead so they did not need to pass. Bradshaw didn't have great stats either but he is deservedly in the Hall.

#8785 7 years ago

The Falcons used the Giants' tactic of putting constant pressure on Brady. It worked until they ran out of gas. Eli was at this year's Super Bowl to receive his Humanitarian Award. Eli may not be as great a qb as Brady but he is a class act, as is Matt Ryan.

#8834 7 years ago

The Bills/Oilers game is the only other playoff game that I can recall with such a big comeback. The Bills managed to do it with their back up QB, Frank Reich.

4 weeks later
#8898 7 years ago

If Romo couldn't stay healthy behind a solid Dallas offensive line how is he going to survive in Denver?

2 weeks later
#8916 6 years ago

Vegas baby!!

4 weeks later
#8987 6 years ago

I wish I could get excited about the draft but I don't follow college football and don't know one player from the next. Plus I hate how the NFL and ESPN stretch it out over 3 days (or is it 4)?

#9009 6 years ago

Jaguars screwed up again taking a running back with the 4th pick. They must have seen how well Elliott has worked out for the Cowboys and followed suit. The difference is the Cowboys have the best offensive line in football and the Jags have one of the worst. They should have drafted an O-lineman.

#9021 6 years ago
Quoted from foxct:

Giants! Fine pick by my standards

They need a TE. Now they need some help on the O-Line.

Quoted from fosaisu:

This draft class is remarkably bad for o-linemen, so probably wouldn't have made sense to burn the number four pick on one since the quality isn't there (not saying a first round running back makes sense either, of course). I think the Broncos took the first o-lineman (a desperate need in Denver) at #20 and plenty of people are still questioning the pick.

Ok, thanks for the info. Then that makes some sense since RB is weak as Yeldon has not worked out.

2 months later
#9028 6 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Out of curiosity, are there any Chargers fans left after the LA relocation??

I will miss the Chargers powder blue throwback uniforms.

#9036 6 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Gonna be weird to see my boy J. Charles in donkee colors this year..I know it's a business 1st..but still I wish him well. Except the 2 games vs my chefs!

Charles was fun to watch when he was healthy.

#9040 6 years ago

The Chiefs have had a lot of great RBs: The Nigerian Nightmare, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, Charles to name a few.

2 weeks later
#9044 6 years ago

How bad is it for the Jags? They are thinking about signing Kaepernick after Bortles had a shitty first day of training camp.

#9046 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

God remember When Blake Blowhole threw for 4,500 & 35 tds 2 years ago?

Most of those were during garbage time. Last year Bortles couldn't even get the garbage time stats. His first practice this training camp he threw 5 interceptions.

3 weeks later
#9055 6 years ago

Bortles has been so bad Chad Henne is going to start tonight. It looks like another 3-13 season for the Jags.

#9058 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah you knew that was coming though

You got that right. I'm glad to see the organization is at least showing Bortles he does not have the position locked. Last year they never benched him which they should have IMO.

#9060 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

...The league has suspended Bengals OLB Vontaze Burfict for the 1st 5 games of the season..."
haha man it's like clockwork. A big, dumb, stupidface clock.

Another cheap shot from the league's dirtiest player. I hope he appeals and the league tacks on another game to the suspension.

2 weeks later
#9103 6 years ago

It should be interesting to see how the Raiders' attendance is this year. They have the best California team so they might do better. Everbank Field often looks like those pictures at Jaguars games.

#9132 6 years ago

I'm not a fan of the running back by committee approach. Pick one of them and give him a steady dose of carries. It would help if the O-line were better.

#9151 6 years ago

It was great to watch a Dallas game and not see "feed me more". Denver's defense completely shut down Elliott.

#9168 6 years ago

The Giants look awful. They did nothing to shore up their offensive line.

#9179 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I've got LeSean McCoy and I'm not playing him this week. If Zeke couldn't get it done vs. Denver, McCoy sure as hell won't.

I have Shady McCoy in one of my leagues as well but I am starting him over Joe Mixon.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

If one of those coaches goes, it will definitely be Macadoo before Lewis.

Coaches in NY have a shorter leash than those in smaller markets. McAdoo is a good choice even though the Giants made the playoffs last year. SF has been changing coaches every year but I think they will stick with Shanahan a while longer.

#9192 6 years ago

Are they still groomng Paxton Lynch to be the qb of the future in Denver? Siemian has been doing well so far this year.

#9256 6 years ago

What is with the hotdogging players stopping in front of the end zone to celebrate? I was so happy to see that guy on the Bears look like Leon Lett.

#9262 6 years ago

I'm not sure what to make of the Jags. They won two games in blow outs and got blown out at home by Tennessee. Maybe the Jags are ok this year and the Titans are really good.

#9267 6 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Well Tom Coughlin is back. That's a good thing.

Good point. Coughlin still has a lot of energy for a 71 year old.

#9289 6 years ago

Ask Browns fans and Jets fans what they think of Bellicheck when he was their coach. He was technically the Jets coach for one day until he reneged on his deal. He will most likely retire when Brady retires.

#9362 6 years ago

Did any of you west coasters watch the London game? 9:30 am is too early for me, I can't imagine watching it at 6:30 Sunday morning.

#9389 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh and whilst we're reminded of things that grind our gears let me mention stadium noise...like wtf happened to it?
You used to tell right away whether it was a play against or for the home team...now every play has cheering after it no matter what unless it's totally outrageous...like Folk's 8th missed FG there

When Florida teams have home games always have a lot of fans rooting for the other team. Every Jags home game I have gone to there are at least 25% of them wearing the other team's colors (including me when the Giants come here). I wonder if the same will happen in Vegas when the Raiders move there.

1 week later
#9438 6 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

This week I went with the underdogs:
CLE over HOU (-10.5)
MIA over ATL (-12.5)
NYJ over NE (-10)
SF over WAS (-10.5)
NYG over (DEN (-13)

Big point spreads this week. I like all the underdogs except my Giants. They had no running game to begin with and then lost 4 wide receivers in one game. Unless the Giants defense comes up big it should be a Denver blow out.

#9483 6 years ago

If Pete Carroll was still coaching the Jets he would have lost it when the refs blew that call. The Jets are somehow playing good football this year.

The celebration move lately is the backflip into the endzone. It's all fun until someone breaks an ankle or tailbone. NFL Network loves to show all the celebrations. Their announcers get all giddy talking about them.

#9507 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

That game last night was great. Now bring on the Steelers!!

It would have been better if I didn't start the Chiefs defense in one of my leagues. The Raiders moved the ball at will. Marshawn Lynch might be suspended after running onto the field and grabbing the ref during one of the skirmishes.

#9525 6 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

TD celebration game of hide and seek. are you kidding me? whats next, team peekaboo?

That was the worst celebration I have seen in awhile. My favorite was years ago when Terrel Owens scored a TD against Dallas and sprinted to mid-field and spike the ball on the Cowboy star. He tried to do it again when he scored another TD and the Dallas bench went after him.

#9530 6 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Packers are done! It's amazing how much a team revolve's around one player. I heard they dropped ticket prices up to 50% in hopes of filling seats. So it sounds like their fans have admitted it's over too! Good for the rest of the NFC tho!

Teams really need a solid back up qb these days. The Cowboys did well with Dak Prescott filling in for an injured Romo.

#9535 6 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Hard to find a really good starter let alone a good backup. The Vikings are winning with Case Keenum a career backup but then again they have a great defense.

Very true. The Jets were supposed to be horrible this year and another "late bloomer", Josh McCown has won a few games for them.

#9549 6 years ago

Another London game today. Are they playing a game in Mexico again this year?

#9559 6 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Wow. What a game! Go Hawks!

Best game I have seen Russell Wilson play. He has ice in his veins.

1 week later
#9580 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I didn't see the game, just the choke and punches. What's the deal with aj green? Looked like he flipped his lid over a minor shove?

Jalen Ramsey is one of the biggest trash talkers in the league. He doesn't usually wear his mouth guard so he can talk. That wasn't the first time he pushed Green after the play was over. I guess that, and the fact that he played excellent coverage on Green, was enough to make him snap.

Kelce with the potato sack race after the TD has my vote for worst celebration this year.

#9598 6 years ago

I have to go with the Saints as well for the NFC South. They have 2 really running backs and a strong defense for the first time in a while. Oh, and they still have Dree Brees.

#9602 6 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

This weeks picks:
CHI (-6) over GB
DET (-13) over CLE
PIT (-11) over IND
TEN (-5.5) over CIN
NE (-8.5) over DEN
Didn't realize I had picked all favourites. It was hard picking this week.

Who would have thought a month ago that the Bears would be favored by 6 over the Packers in this game?

#9610 6 years ago

The Steelers end zone celebration was a re-enactment of the AJ Green/Jalen Ramsey fight. It's only a matter of time before one of these celebrations erupts into a brawl.

#9621 6 years ago

I'm not sure about the Bills this week with them benching Tyrod Taylor. I wasn't a fan of Taylor but l don't anything about his replacement, Nathan Peterman, other than he is from Jacksonville. Who knows, he might be able to spark that offense. The Chargers have a good defense this year so it will be a tough test for him.

#9627 6 years ago

Antonio Brown was amazing last night.

#9648 6 years ago

The Steelers and Jags have QB problems. If Brady can keep his 40 year old body from getting hurt, the Pats should be returning the Super Bowl.

NFC is tough to call. The Saints look the best right now with their running game, defense, and Drew Brees. The Eagles look like the real deal and would have home field advantage at this point.

#9658 6 years ago

My favorite Thanksgiving moment is the Cowboys' Leon Lett trying to pick up the blocked field goal in the snow instead of not touching it. The Dolphins recovered and made the next field goal attempt to win the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
343 posts in this topic match your search for posts by steveo. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider steveo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=steveo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.