Topic Stats

• 20,565 posts - Hot topic!
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 49 minutes ago by vicjw66
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,647 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200121-215840_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200120-165011~2 (resized).png
hot-take (resized).jpg
53AB8FDA-CB2E-40D4-BAB2-0F4624C9324C (resized).jpeg
giphy (16).gif
2760A7B2-7A38-4DB4-BB2B-5CCB8A85075C (resized).jpeg
90B2BFB6-7DA5-4943-9BE8-E49B0F8E3668 (resized).jpeg
image0000007 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200119-191003~2 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200119-175104~2 (resized).png
Done (resized).jpg
image.png.806d8deb27e09ed3da72c942ebbe5a3d.png
Screenshot_20200117-132517 (resized).png
6C0C2D2F-3AB8-4D99-AD5F-CD83F3B03453 (resized).jpeg
3B190141-0330-4BFA-A7F1-0D6FABC42DB7 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rondogg.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

313 posts in this topic match your search for posts by rondogg. You are on page 1 of 2.
#7680 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When I watched it live I thought Kap went down way too early and could have made a much better effort to get to the endzone on the last play of the game. Then I realized it was Suh and he was going to decapitate him and thought he made the right choice.

When things matter he always takes a knee.

1 month later
#8077 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

NFL 2016, The Year of the Missed Point-After-Attempt Kicks.
Definitely has made the game more interesting when the PAA kicks were moved further back, so it isn't such an easy chip shot.
Regardless, quite a few kickers seem to have sucked pretty bad this year.

You can thank GOAT Belichick but nobody would dare give him credit. Gave presentations at the nfl meetings for years lobbying for it.

#8094 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Sunday will be a big test for my Raiders. A win and we could possibly secure the #1 spot! I hope McGloin is up to the challenge for this incredible once in a lifetime opportunity...
Go Raiders!!!

Don't worry, if the Raiders don't make it, you can always pull for House Brady!

brady1 (resized).jpg

#8096 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Were we not all hoping for Raiders/Patriots 2 @ Foxboro, in the snow?

Actually, it would be NE vs.Oak 4. All three previous games were amazing and 1976/2001 were both riddled in controversy and all were in the Championship game. Would love to see Carr back on the field for round 4.

#8099 3 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I think Bledsoe played one series when Brady got hurt. Bledsoe led the Pats on a touchdown drive before Brady returned. The tuck rule was one of the worst calls in history, next to the Megatron incompletion and the Seahawks "completion" against the Packers.
The Lions better find a running game if they want to beat the Packers on Sunday night.
It's kind of nice having all the games on one day for a change. Last week, it seemed like there was a game played every day.

I think most nfl experts would say that the tuck game was a correct call on an awful rule. It was rescinded with only the Steelers voting to keep it.

#8103 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think the main issue is that was the only time the rule was ever used.

Completely untrue. It happened AGAINST the Patriots in a loss against the Jets a few months earlier on a QB sack that resulted in an incomplete pass rather than a fumble. Don't remember any outrage or demands that the rule be changed though...

#8105 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry, the 2nd time it was ever used.
I won't go into the outrage over a week 2 game and the playoffs...I trust you can figure it out.

That week two game cost the Patriots a win. If it cost your team a win I'm guessing you would have been more knowledgeable about the rule rather than thinking it was the first time it was ever applied, which you now know is wrong. Hopefully you have learned a lesson and will refrain from forwarding this fiction in the future.

If anything, Woodson should have been called for hands to the face on that play resulting in a first down for the Patriots. I'm guessing you missed that one too. The (admittedly crappy) rule was applied correctly but it could have easily been called a penalty on Woodson. The ultimate irony (which you probably don't know either) was that in 1976 the Patriots lost to the Raiders in the playoffs on a much more controversial phantom roughing the passer call. Look that one up if you want to see a real bullshit call. The tuck rule call was simply a return of karma.

#8138 3 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I hope the Raiders or the Chiefs can do something in the playoffs. I'm so sick of the Patriots. Anybody but those cheating slack jaws please.

yourteamcheats.com

#8141 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They really should change the URL for that site - after deflategate everyone knows it's maintained by Pats partisans with Gronkowski-level writing skills and only loosely tethered to reality. Rename it "NFLcheatreport.com" or something and buy a few months of unearned credibility.

Fair enough. The site does need a huge disclaimer but the info is pretty fair and meant to combat the constant attack on the Patriots as cheaters. Truth is they are as clean or dirty as any nfl team but get disproportionate punishment.

#8212 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep...and shit Astro even better for us the Lions have the longest playoff losing streak ever (tied with Chucks boys), and Seattle has the longest home winning streak in history.
DOUBLE DUE!!!!

How many lions players have lost a game playing for the lions in the playoffs? The 12th man may be the difference but those dumb stats wont.

#8217 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Perhaps a Pats fan still salty re: losing to the Giants in the Superbowl? Third time's the charm? Just think, if the Pats win this one and Brady can stave off father time for another few years, he can hold out hope of achieving an even record against Eli in the big game before he hangs up his cleats.

I would choose Brady's career over Elis a million times over. You would choose Eli. Because you are a moron.

#8230 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's seems like an obvious statement. Brady's had an ideal situation with Belichek as coach and an owner that stays out of the way. Brady was an average QB when he entered the league and was allowed to gain experience and skill until he was one of the top QBs. I don't think any other QBs have had a situation like that. Even Montana went through coaching changes and being traded despite still playing at a high level.

Very true.

#8292 3 years ago

Raiders, Lions, Dolphins and Giants fans are now invited to root for the Patriots. We'd love to have you and know you were just waiting for an invitation. Welcome aboard.

1thZ38N43IM (resized).jpg

#8370 3 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Seahawks are done! Falcons looked awesome!
I hope tonight's game is fun and not a blow out...

Now that we're all rooting for the Patriots, let's hope for a Patriots blow out victory and backups to start the 2nd half.

#8372 3 years ago

"Today, we are all Patriots" - Robert Kraft 2001

#8374 3 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Oh oh
I'm down a hundo and half if pats lose

They may even make the spread.

#8434 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Tomlin ain't too happy about the Patriots have an extra day and a half rest than they do.
"In that locker room, head coach Mike Tomlin addressed the team, and he described the Patriots — who are next week’s opponent — using a less-than-endearing term. He also expressed some frustration that his team has less time to prepare for next week’s AFC Championship Game.
“When you get to this point in the journey, man, not a lot needs to be said. Let’s say very little moving forward. Let’s start our preparation,” Tomlin, who could not be seen on camera, told the team. “We spotted them [a–holes] a day-and-a-half. They played yesterday; our game got moved to tonight. We’re gonna touch down at 4 o’clock in the [expletive] morning. So be it. We’ll be ready for that ass. But you ain’t got to tell them that we’re coming.”

I know he didn't know he was being recorded live to FB but I'm not sure what he is trying to tell his players. I guess if I'm a coach, the last thing I want my team to know is that they are not going have as much time as the Patriots to prepare for the next game. No excuses. Can't see how that helps his team prepare mentally for the AFCCG.

#8521 3 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I think we all know whos going to win it this year AGAIN, right guys ???

Since 3 of the 4 teams have won multiple superbowls I have no idea who you're talking about.

#8581 2 years ago

Go Patriots!!!

#8618 2 years ago

Concussions, new penalties and commercials are killing the sport. Maybe for good reason. The fact that a lot of these guys die early makes it a very weird sport to root for. Plus, the alcohol culture surrounding the game gives me zero desire to actually attend, and I'm a Patriots season ticket holder.

1 week later
#8691 2 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Hahahahahahahah

Lol. Suck it haters.

#8740 2 years ago

Brady just moved 10 miles past evey other qb in the hisory of the nfl. Not sure why he is so hated. 6th round draft pick. Sincere. Never in trouble. Hounded by a commissioner everyone hates. Loves his family. Could jealousy ne the reason? Possibly?

#8750 2 years ago
Quoted from BudManPinFan:

Yep! Not trying to take anything away from Brady and the Patriots, but that was really the greatest collapse ever in a Super Bowl game, not the greatest comeback. If Atlanta calls a run play on one of those situations they're waking up World Champions. Oh well, shoulda coulda woulda, congrats to the Pats fans!

Coaching. Between losing his playbook and that call on 3rd and one, Shannahan is incredibly lucky he already signed his contract with the niners

#8754 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/Barnwellx170206/anatomy-miracle-how-patriots-came-back-dead-super-bowl-li
Great article about the many improbable events that led to the outcome.
When I was watching it happen I just kept thinking of that championship game of the Pats and Colts when Indy came back to win. If you're a Pats, I'm sure this SB was so exciting to watch.
Why wasn't White the MVP? SB record for receptions. Three TDs. 2 point conversion. Man, he was the player of the game.

It really should have been co mvps.

#8783 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No I was simply up playing what Eli Manning accomplished. Going 2-0 in Super Bowls and beating the supposed best team in recent years twice. There's no getting past that no matter how you look at it.
Just as Joe Montana's legacy would not be the same if he had been beat twice by a team like the Bills in Super Bowls when those teams were involved.
5 rings is epic, but there will always be the team that was better in Super Bowls, the New York Giants.

In both goants Super Bowls the games came down to an unbelievably lucky play and could have easily gone the other way. Giants fans act like 3li is even un the same stratosphere as the goat. That we should feel ashamed for going 18-1. They act like we are somehow still affected by those losses. We're not. We moved on a long time ago. Nobody would ever choose 3lis career over the goats.

#8789 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Quality over quantity. I'm sure most NE fans would like to pretend those two games against the Giants never happened. If you want to look at the big picture, check the overall superbowl records of the teams the pats have beat and compare them to the teams that beat them, meaning the Giants, Packers, and Bears.

...and you would have the dumbest stat in the history of stats.

#8795 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If and when the Patriots can beat a team that has already established themselves as a dynasty in the Super Bowl, then I will give them all the credit they deserve. I'm not saying five rings isn't amazing, but I'd like to see one against one of the proven great teams of history and so far the Pats are 0-4 in that department.

Seriously, you are an idiot. Those "legacy" teams weren't good enough to play in any of the Super Bowls the Patriots won. YOU HAVE TO WIN GAMES TO MAKE IT TO THE SUPER BOWL, I can't even believe I have to tell you that! Besides, according to your argument, the Giants victories against the Patriots are worthless since the Patriots never beat a legacy team in the SB?

Jesus, are you that stupid? Even 3li Manning, one of the most classy players in the NFL said of his Super Bowl wins “I think I just happen to catch them (the Patriots) on the right day”. So just relax sparky, it's ok to admit the Patriots last 15 years are the greatest fb dynasty in NFL history.

#8796 2 years ago

...and the Bears are one of the great teams in SB history? They have as many SB victories as Tampa Bay. Christ...

#8813 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Your team just won the Super Bowl, why are you throwing insults around? Just post a picture of Brady wearing all his rings or whatever (I'm assuming the inevitable pic of the Affleck's nanny wearing them hasn't popped up yet). But if you still want to get personal, at least make the insults funny. Otherwise we'll get the impression that o-din is just expertly trolling you.

True. Consider me trolled. Ugh.

#8817 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Heard that the all time record in NFL history if a team is down by 25 points is 4 - 1,057!

I wonder if a tem has ever come back from that deficit with 5 min left in the 3rd quarter?

#8825 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Just read a five thirty eight article on the SB. In the comments one guy said, "Run and you have a ring. Teams always wet themselves against the Pats." The reply was, "except for..."
I laughed so hard at that.

Not sure i get it...

1 month later
#8907 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Don't forget that he was also hawking Budweiser after the SB. What a salesman!

And he likes to shove his ass and balls into the face of his female trainer. What a free spirit!

2 weeks later
#8920 2 years ago

Fyi today is 3.28, now an official Patriots holiday apparently.

#8923 2 years ago

The score was 3 to 28 late in the third quarter. Amazing. 3.28.

5 months later
#9071 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

What a wild game, the chiefs absolutely dominated the second half of the game.

Those two 4th down stops were key. Add the complete failure of $$ Gilmore at db and the ridiculous levels of hype on the Patriots is over.

2 weeks later
#9265 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, maybe if the Pats had gone up against other franchises that didn't have a history of winning Super Bowls like the perennial losers that had a total of two Lombardis amongst the five of them, they might be 9-0 instead of 5-4.

I'm trying to parse your language but I can't for the life of me figure out what you are trying to say!

#9271 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Plain English then.
Super Bowl records of teams that beat the Pats in the big game-
Packers- 4-1
Giants- 4-1
Bears 1-1
Teams pats beat-
Rams 1-2
Panthers 0-1
Eagles 0-2
Seahawks 1-2
Falcons 0-2
See the pattern now? Put them up against past whipping boys and they win, past dynasties or historic franchises, they lose.

How come the Packers Giants and Bears didn't make the Super Bowl those years if legacy counts for anything? Hate the Patriots all you want but you are really grasping for a defense if this is your argument.

Seriously you are a homer for whatever garbage team you root for. If you can't see why this argument is so weak then you may also be a moron. I'm sure you just moved on from the Deflategate argument you held super tight for 2 years since nobody cares about that any more.

#9290 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Speaking of past dynasties, there will probably never be another QB that performed as well or put up the statistics that Joe Montana did in his super bowls.
4-0, 11 touchdowns, 0 interceptions and an average passer rating of 127.8 in those four games. That's as close to batting 1000 as it gets in the NFL's big game.
Terry Bradshaw is probably a close second, but there are some that would say he was the best.

Wait. Montana was only in 4 Super Bowls??? How many NFC Championship games was he in?

#9311 2 years ago

The Dolphins 1972 season was about 1000% better than 18-1 specifically because they won the final game. The Giants were the better team and deserved to win whether Tyree made that catch or not. Patriots were lucky to have a lead at all that late in the game.

That being said, Tom Brady just won back to back AFC Offensive Player of the week. It was the fourth time in his career that he won back to back Player of the Week. No other player in NFL history (AFC or NFC) has done it more than once in their career. Just another weird stat Brady has.

3 weeks later
#9533 2 years ago

Now that the defense is taking care of business, the Patriots are looking incredible again. Good news for all NFL fans.

1 week later
#9567 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that is lame ass....so impressive.

Huh? I thought you'd find his season ending injury hilarious...

2 weeks later
#9640 2 years ago

The Patriots played Denver last week and stayed in Colorado to get used to the high altitude for Mexico. Oakland flew into Mexico Saturday night.

Oakland had zero shot walking out onto that field.

2 weeks later
#9706 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looking to see how much the NFL turns their head to the Gronk situation. Should be minimum 3-5 games.

Horrible, career threatening attack by Gronk but if you think the NFL turns their heads on the Patriots, what world are you living in? Any normal penalty in the NFL multiply it times 5 if it's the Patriots. They lost a 1st round draft pick and their QB for 4 games over a pound of unprovable air pressure!

I expect a suspension through the end of the playoffs, loss of a first round draft pick and a Brady/Belichick suspension for the Steelers game.

Seriously, Gronk does need to get suspended but lets not go crazy - this attack received a zero game suspension

#9744 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If Shazier is out they can't beat NE

The Patriots lost their best linebacker and signal caller Dont'a Hightower for the season in week 5. Good teams like the Steelers will find a way. They are well coached and have some of the top skill position players in the NFL. And, probably most important, they are finding ways to win games they shouldn't have won. A lot of teams ride that kind of resilience to the SB. They will be fine.

1 week later
#9791 2 years ago

Patriot win their 9th consecutive division title breaking the previous record, held by the Patriots.

1 week later
#9811 2 years ago

$59k

#9847 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Patriots are 5 for 6 when the #1 seed. If they don't get upset in the divisional round, they own the Steelers and should roll to BradyBelichek's 7th super bowl appearance

*8th

#9934 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Welp, after day 1 of NFL Wildcard games here in Jan 2018, the AFC West and NFC West teams (KC & LAR) have already lost, and those two divisions won't be putting a team in the Conf Championship games or in the Super Bowl.
With the Tenn Titans win and the Atl Falcons win, the AFC South and NFC South Divisions are looking pretty good right now.
In the upcoming Saints-Panthers wildcard game, both teams are NFC South Div teams, so another NFC South team is going to the next round along with the Falcons. So, that is 2 NFC South teams advancing in the play-offs.
In the upcoming Bills-Jags wildcard game, possibly another AFC South team (the Jax Jags) will win and adv to the next round along with the Titans. So, that would be 2 AFC South teams advancing.
Or if the Bills win that means two AFC East teams would be playing in the divisional round due to the Pats had a 1st round bye.
And due to seedings, the Bills would then play the Patriots in the div round. Thus, an AFC East team would win that game and adv to the AFC Conf Championship game. Go Bills!

Who cares which division sends teams? This isn't the SEC.

#9935 2 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

As a fan of the Chiefs, what a shit show in the 2nd half. See that hit on Kelce? His bells are prolly still ringing....

Every call went against the Chiefs. Every ball bounced the wrong way.

1 week later
#9988 2 years ago

Love the Patriots, no stupid choreographed td celebrations.

#10050 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Most amazing play Ive witnessed in memory

Instant classic Mike!

#10058 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Instant classic Mike!

Mark not Mike.

#10090 2 years ago

With ratings way down this year the NFL will do anything to prevent a jags/philly Superbowl.

And teekee is correct, Brady was much better against the top 10 defenses than the bottom 21 this year.

Key to the Patriot victory we are all hoping for is a fast start and making Bottles play from behind.

#10117 2 years ago

Man what I wouldn't give to see Brady 07 v Montana 89. Moss vs Rice...

#10213 2 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Greatest coach? It’s called the Lombardi trophy, dontcha know.

For now it is, yes...

#10220 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lombardi Lombardi has 6 rings and Bellicheck has 7.
If you're not factoring Free Agency into it I guess you could wonder but being realistic it's not really that close.

It would have been great to see what he could have done in Washington.

But no, the NFL was only 12 teams in 1956, no salary cap, no free agency, etc. What Bill Belichick has done we may never see again.

#10266 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I predict the Eagles will be beating them. At least, that is, until the flags start coming out late in the second quarter.

You must watch a lot of ESPiN

http://kingsofbostonsports.com/does-anyone-remember-the-national-outrage-when-the-colts-went-116-postseason-plays-without-a-penalty/

#10269 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not really. But I have watched a lot of recent games. And maybe without the refs help, the pats may have had to do a road game in the playoffs, and maybe not even made it past the first round.
And I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Let the butthurt consuuuuuume you...

#10270 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

C’mon o-din, the fact that NFL refs favored another team one time conclusively proves Brady isn’t getting preferential treatment. Unbiased Boston media source FTW.
#theyhateuscausetheyaintus
#TB12
#glutenfree4life

#manningmaniac

#10272 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't get butt hurt over some fairy football team or their lame fans that I care nothing about and have no effect on me.
The way I figure it the refs might have helped limp them along so they could make it to the big game and really get walloped then. But in reality it all comes down to who stands to make the most money off it. And I'm not betting one cent on it.

Not pissed. Got it.

#10299 1 year ago
Quoted from ledge:

it should be cancelled forever. players want to relax, recover etc,. at seasons end... not front up for this crap.

There is no solution to that shitshow. I'd rather see the two bottom teams in the league play for the #1 pick.

#10385 1 year ago

You can all blow out your votive candles Gronk is going to play on Sunday!

gronk (resized).jpg

#10402 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I'm sure. Eagles have relished the underdog tag in the post season. Eagles players are more skilled in the majority of positions. Except for GOAT and Gronk, the Birds are better. Can they overcome those two? We'll see in 48 hours.

I think it really comes down to two players. Gilmore for the Patriots and Jeffrey for the Eagles. Gilmore is either an advantage or a liability and the Patriots have big trouble with big receivers like Jeffrey. One of them is going to win (or lose) the game.

#10408 1 year ago

Nice ribbon on his nfl career.

#10411 1 year ago
Quoted from Asael:

Just not the pats!!!
» YouTube video

This is awesome.

#10413 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

It is.
I'm still trying to remember who won league MVP last year.

Matt Ryan.

#10415 1 year ago

Mvp curse. Hopefully it won't happen to Brady, right?

#10417 1 year ago

"TEBOW MAKES THE WORLD TAKES"

Surprise signing?

#10442 1 year ago

Congrats eagles and Foles was amazing on third and fourth down. Incredibly clutch. Cinderella story.

#10481 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Meh, it was a pretty close call, I might have called it the other way initially but I can understand why they didn’t overrule it (When did he have possession? And was his foot definitely out of bounds anyway? Couple of tough calls there). Will give Boston something to bitch about until next year though, so there’s that.
On to another seemingly controversial TD, I haven’t watched enough football this year to be up on the rules stupidity, but is there really an argument for a guy making a clean catch, taking three good steps, and breaking the plane but not having a TD (nor a fumble, but instead an incompletion)?

He was ruled a runner. Only has to cross the plane. Obvious good call.

-Pats fan

#10516 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

but if there is anyone that the loss rests on, it is squarely on TB12

Do you even watch football? Seriously, you have an irrational hatred for Brady, we get that, but does that make you this stupid about the game too?

#10518 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Congrats eagles and Foles was amazing on third and fourth down. Incredibly clutch. Cinderella story.

#10519 1 year ago

Duplicate

#10521 1 year ago

I'm not butthurt at all but saying Brady cost them the game is incredibly stupid.

#10573 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

It does look like the Patriots dynasty might be coming to an end. Both head coordinators have left for head coaching jobs and there was a time when they only lost the Super Bowl to the dynasties of the game. Now they can't beat the perennial losers either. Oh well, it was a good run.

In 2009 and 2010 the Patriots didn't even have an offensive coordinator. They finished with a combined 24-8 record in those two seasons. They will be fine offensively next year with the homegrown replacement for McDaniels.

The dynasty is almost over but not before a reloaded defense and a revenge tour next year.

#10604 1 year ago
Quoted from Xerico:

Joe Montana is the Best Quarterback Of All Time in my opinion.
Marcus

Brady
17 Years, 15 DivChamp, 12 AFCCG, 8 SB Trips, 5 Titles, 4 SB MVPs, 3 NFL MVPs, 66k yards, 488 TDs
vs. Montana
16 Years, 10 DivChamp, 8 NFCCG, 4 SB Trips, 4 Titles, 3 SB MVPs, 2 NFL MVPs, 40k yards, 273 TDs

What are you using as a comparison?

#10609 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Joe Montana
4-0 in Super Bowls
11 touchdowns 0 interceptions.
In baseball that's called batting 1000.

Wait...he only went to FOUR Super Bowls? Why didn't he go to more?

#10622 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

He got hurt! Back when QBs did not get protected.
I suppose if he hadn't he might have won another, but I doubt he would have gone on to lose three.
Also might have gone on to throw at least one interception, but that wasn't really like him in the big game.

Well then I say RGIII is the greatest QB ever. Before the injuries he was almost unstoppable!

#10643 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

The difference too is back when Montana played, quarterbacks actually got hit repetitively....hell, you were able to hit a player hard in general. Brady has great protection from his O line, and you can't deny that is a big part of his success.
I am curious how he would've held up over the years if he was taking some of the big hits quarterbacks of the past used to take, or at least as many. In his new Atkins shape, I'm not sure he would hold up well.

I see what you're saying but I would add that in 18 years he has been incredibly durable despite being the 9th most sacked qb in NFL history. In fact, he has been sacked 452 times compared to Montana's 313 times. Lots of good/great QBs didn't make it through last season but there was Brady, at 40 yo not missing a beat.

#10684 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If Xerico did not provide you enough stats about performance and specifically big game performance to show you it is settled that Brady cant even compare to the GOAT, then nothing is going to convince you ever.
Brady just got beat by a second stringer in his 8th*** super bowl in a year of dominant reffing in his favor to even put him there... Your wins mean as much as your failures when it comes to the big game. It is still funny to hear you TB12 guys with you knee pads scrapping on the ground trying to come to his defense.
LOL! They got beat by a second strong QB with a second string coach by the EAGLES! Let that sink in and come back to us next year with some new stats.
IF TB12 can make it back and win another in year 41, then he has a chance of his secondary stats in individual SB games being compensated for by the false longevity and protection of the league which is now built around protecting the QB talent. Win another and do it over a dominant team and then we can put him in the real conversation. Until then, you all look silly after this latest performance.

"Then we can put him in the conversation..."

You sound very smart about football, do you have a blog I can subscribe to?

#10705 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Because it's a team game and Eli didn't "beat" Tom Brady, just like Foles didn't "beat" Tom Brady.
You've been watching football for like 60 years and you don't get that?
You have to look at the totality of career. Not too many people are gonna say Leon Spinks was a better boxer than Muhammad Ali just because he beat him. These are things you generally have to explain to a 6-year old.

In all 3 of Brady's SB losses he came from behind and took the lead with only minutes left in the game. He relied on his defense to protect the lead and all they needed to do was make one stop. They didn't. These things happen.

6 months later
#10741 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Wentz will be back by the second game. Foles can play, but I think the preseason issue was all around. If you look at the scores, and the fact that the players’ union has already been saying for two years that they want to get rid of the preseason. I think players on every team tanked in the last few weeks this year on purpose to make it look like preseason games are pointless.

Yeah but I'm not sure 2 extra regular season games is a good idea...

#10745 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Besides, these guys make more than enough money to play two more games.

I'm not sure the NFLPA will see it that way...

#10747 1 year ago

I don't think you understand how much the average NFL player makes in their first 5 years. The average makes about $365k and goes up about $10k per year through their rookie contract. That also puts them in a pretty high tax bracket for most of it. Almost all NFL players are not set for life after 5 years, they are injured and have some sort of pain for the rest of their lives.

#10759 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Let’s be clear because you are now throwing a racial connotation into this thread. I said NOTHING about owners deserving any money and Levi’s quote was nowhere in any of my posts.
I was merely saying that they are divas compared to the players of the past, and make enough money to play two more games a year, especially if their intention is to do away with the preseason games. And if you implore that intention, the reality is they would actually be playing 2 less games per year.
Just wanted to clear that up, and certainly don’t want people twisting my words around. I wouldn’t appreciate somebody that doesn’t know me in any way insinuating that I exhibit any level of racism whatsoever. And I made no such comments.
This thread is about football, and a friendly discussion. Let’s not turn it into some trainwreck.

If you think NFL players would ever get on the field for a meaningful game risking career ending injury with no increased salary compensation then you are an idiot. No offense of course.

Personally, I don't want to see 18 games and then an injury replacement team taking the field for the playoffs. No thanks.

#10789 1 year ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like Bell may sit out until week 10 at the least. He should sit out the entire season if he holds out on any games. Personally I think his hold-out is a mistake in his career but, his money, his choice. You can be certain that Pittsburg will not see the playoffs without a decent back, Big Ben is past the time he could carry them alone for more than a game or two.

He must report this year or lose his eligibility for free agency. And teams are not going to have the bidding war he expects if he has no problem with sitting out and costing the team victories. He makes $14m right now, not sure what tf he is thinking. Steeler players (who make much much less) are starting to turn on him.

#10838 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I understand the Fantasy stuff, why it's fun, why people get addicted to it. What I don't understand is why anybody thinks anybody else gives two shits about their fantasy team or how you did this week or how you think you'll do next week. Like...2 billion people play fantasy football why do you think I or anybody else cares about yours?
I could never do it. I did a fantasy baseball team once like 25 years ago, I didn't have the patience or temperment for it and keeping up with it just felt like more high school homework I didn't want, and I think it would ruin my enjoyment of the NFL and certainly cause me to either stock up on way too many Redskins or have to root against my team all the time.

FF definitely makes you more knowledgeable about who players are around the league. I was a lot smarter about random WR/RBs about 5 years ago when I was playing. It also made meaningless games a lot more interesting. The downside was losing a key top drafted player(s) to injury and basically having your season over before it even started. Too frustrating.

#10841 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ya gotta work that waiver wire and free agency. That's a big part of the fun for me. Some of my best players came off waivers or free agency. I lost multiple key draft picks and still came in second in my league. Probably would have been first if Zeurlein hadn't got hurt at the end. Definitely makes you more knowledgeable and the game more interesting for me.

No thanks. Someone lucks into a Rookie that blows up, losing by a couple of points because someone's kicker has a career game. Too many variables that made it just unfun after a few unlucky seasons in a row. Glad you like it. Not for me.

#10847 1 year ago

Looks like this thread will be forever mistitled, OP just...disappeared.

1 month later
#10973 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well you're gonna get it a what 8:00 AM? My bad, it's 6:30 AM our time. Still too early.
Beside that I always liked our traditional starting times. 10:00 AM and 1:00 PM. 5:20? for the night games.
6:00 PM for MNF which is now long gone.
Bars serving bloody marys and prime rib and eggs for the early game or just waking up and settling in at home making breakfast and enjoying a full day of games.

As an East Coaster I am so jealous of this. Would be so awesome to watch my team at 10am and have the rest of the day. Or come home from work and watch MNF and go to bed at a reasonable hour. Are they allowing more people into CA or are the borders shut down?

#10980 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Patriots getting stomped!
Go Bears
Oops- spoke too soon. lol

Not a problem, friend. Patriot fans have been reading posts like this for almost two decades. It's a compliment.

1 week later
#11013 1 year ago

Super Bowl hangover?

#11027 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OK so the Eagles and Cowboys trade for receivers.
And the Redskins bring in Ha Ha Dix from the Pack for a 4th rounder.
Love this trade - the Skins will now be starting the two best safties in the NFL so far this season, side by side.
Could be a rental. He's FA next season.

So awesome. NFC playoffs are going to be a bloodbath.

#11045 1 year ago

College football handles ties correctly. Screw punts and kickoffs.

3 weeks later
#11097 1 year ago

The Patriots beat KC, Bears and Texans.

They lost to the Lions, Titans and Jaguars.

this season is bonkers...

#11142 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The coach wont change the their real issues of being cheap asses and giving rodgers no help. I can't think of 1 defensove player on the whole team not named hawk

The Fact that Aaron Rodgers is the highest paid QB in the league shows that the Packers are not cheap asses, they just have far too much money tied up in one position. It means they can't build up the talent around him unless they really hit a home run in the draft.

2 weeks later
#11486 1 year ago

FF discussions are the absolute worst.

1 week later
#11617 1 year ago

All of Patriot nation was rooting for Foles and the Eagles. It felt very weird. But thanks!

2 weeks later
#11875 1 year ago

Martin Lewis?

#11887 1 year ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It’ll be a damn miracle if the Eagles are ever given credit for accomplishing anything without “luck”, or given a break from other fans or the refs.
Have they gotten some good, fortuitous bounces? Sure. But no team wins the Super Bowl without some great playing, hard work and talent. I’ve never seen a road to the big game and a win based solely on luck.
They beat the friggin Patriots, which is no easy task. Ask 5 other teams that put bling on Brady’s finger.

They beat the Patriots fair and square. BDN was absolute murder on 3rd and 4th down. As you said, it's almost impossible to beat Brady in a big game, especially when he throws for over 500 yards but the Eagles did it and it never felt all game that the Patriots had any momentum. Source: am Pats fan.

#12007 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Eagles vs Cowboys in the NFC championship game.. you read it here first people

Ouch

#12082 1 year ago

Brady/Brees would be an epic way for them to both wind down their careers.

#12265 1 year ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

*they cheated
That's never going away. Ever.

I hope it never goes away; as the years pass it makes it easier and easier to tell who the butt hurt whining losers are. Thank you for renting space in your head eternally for the Patriots.

#12275 1 year ago
Quoted from hollywood:

Sorry man...have to disagree.
Sure the pats have made it to PLAY in 9 Superbowls the past 18 years, and won what 5 (maybe 6 this year)?
You said greatest franchise and threw out the number 18.
1953 - 1971 The Montreal Canadiens won 11 Stanley Cups. and played in 14 over that time span. Pats still have a way to go.....

In 1953 there was no salary cap in the NHL or free agency. Most importantly, there were only SIX (6) teams in the league in 1953! 2/3rds of the league went straight to the semi-finals!

#12302 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It's a huge whoop. Rams couldn't audible. Look at it scientifically. Sound waves are a physical thing that makes contact with the eardrum, physically interfering with players ability to perform. No different than any other physical impediment. Normally it is overlooked because it is more passive and in the guise of cheering for your team. But Sean Payton made public statements all week to the fans on when to yell and scream for the sole purpose of trying to gain a huge unfair advantage. Now how is that not cheating?

KC has the record for the loudest stadium. Didn't stop Brady from checking down on just about each play. Rams looked like unprepared fools stumbling around in the first half trying to hear each other.

#12305 1 year ago

Quoted from mcclad:
Its a matter of being guilty of deliberately breaking the rules.
Quoted from dirtbag:
Like the Patriots, right?

Like every single team in the league. They have all been caught "deliberately breaking the rules".

#12311 1 year ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And yet they won. And I saw both games. KC crowd wasn't anywhere near as loud.

You attended both games! That's dedication!

#12343 1 year ago

The Patriots don't even have a DC. It can be done. In 2010 they didn't have an Offensive OR a Defensive Coordinator, they finished 14-2. They had other years without one or the other as well. I'm just saying, leadership comes from the top.

#12346 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe Colson knows better than I, but Reid is one of these guys who always has a shittyD, right? Like shanahan?
I mean, imagine if the chiefs had even an average D this season.

If the Chiefs get a good young DC and has a couple of offseason acquisitions/good D draft picks then undefeated is not out of the question barring injury.

#12393 12 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Did anyone else see the news storyline on CBS This Morning? A kid made national headlines by creating and winning a science fair all based on a sequence of things that have happened that prove the Patriots are cheaters. He put together time lines with all the incidents over the years that lead to one conclusion, cheaters.

www.yourteamcheats.com

#12395 12 months ago

are Pinside Moderators allowed to troll? Not a complaint because I think the Mods on this site are excellent, just wondering...

#12403 12 months ago

Can't we all agree that the Lombardi trophy be renamed the Belichick trophy? I mean he does have 7 going on 8 rings and 11 appearances. Lombardi only had two Super Bowl victories and 3 pre SB. I think we should all get together and appeal to Roger Goodell.

#12408 12 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If he dies of cancer they should; They obviously cant do it whilst he's still alive.

Well longevity, dealing with salary caps and free agency should count for something. And I hear BB is a pretty good father!

#12430 12 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Trust me, if I was a fan of a team who makes the super bowl every year, I wouldn’t spend this week whining about how my team gets no respect, posting memes about how all the “Brady haters can suck a D,” and making moronic suggestions about renaming an iconic trophy.

Sadly (for you) you will never know what it means to be the lead dog for two decades in a row. Not as easy as it looks.

But it sure feels good, every day of the week!

#12435 11 months ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You're right, it's not as easy as it looks. I can only imagine the hardships and sacrifices you have gone through to get to this point you have risen to today. With all your hard work and sacrifice, it has got to feel great, not just good, every day of the week.

Thank you. I survive on the sweet tears of the Haters. And free room and board inside their heads is nothing to sneeze at either!

"We're still here." - TB12 1/27/19

#12469 11 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

[quoted image]

www.yourteamcheats.com

#12498 11 months ago

www.yourteamcheats.com

#12500 11 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Never seen one of these for any of the other 31 teams in the league. Interesting.
[quoted image]

www.yourteamcheats.com

#12516 11 months ago

Old school smashmouth defensive football. Can't believe the Patriots Defense held the Rams to 3 points.

#12596 11 months ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I liked the XFL and was disappointed that it only lasted one season. I hope the new one is worth watching, so the football season can be extended. Lets hope they correct some of the things that contributed to the last one failing.

Yeah, the NFL and ESPN put a full on press to discredit it. Was fun while it lasted.

#12597 11 months ago

Warning. Haters tears coming...

Dynasty (resized).png
#12625 11 months ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Fuck the Patriots!!!!!

Yummy yum yummmmmm!

Brady Haters (resized).jpg
#12631 11 months ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's a really rough feeling to go from feeling like it was your year, to realizing everything over the last several months is lost, and you need to do even better to claim the ultimate prize next year. I can't imagine the toll that would take as a player. It's especially hard to swallow when you have an aging QB at the helm as a critical piece to that puzzle.

Happened to the Patriots after SB52 loss to the Eagles. Exact same scenario with an even more aging QB. Then we won SB 53. Maybe you should join us as a Patriots fan? You're welcome to join the love train any time! Do it before they rename the SB Trophy after Belichick so you can say you were here all along!

#12634 11 months ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

What position do you play? Or are you an assistant coach? Front office, perhaps?

"We are all Patriots, and once again the Patriots are World Champions" - BKraft 2/4/19

So I guess I'm an owner/player (and season ticket holder). I guess you are too.

Oh and I see after talking so much smack before the SB you were too sad ( and prob hung over) to show up on Monday. Classy.

#12662 11 months ago

Future HOFer JE11

a0gf2oof4df21 (resized).jpg
#12665 11 months ago

Meh, all they have to do is play the replay of his catch against Atlanta in the SB and he will get in...greatest catch in SB History.

th11DVG952 (resized).jpg
#12668 11 months ago

Hey, that's no fair! You can't just bring Tyree into this! He's not standing behind me is he?

#12678 11 months ago

It's kindof perfect timing for football junkies who don't care about basketball/hockey. Summer Leagues always suffered because people are way too busy to care about staying inside to watch a game. NFL really needs a place for coaches/players to go when there isn't a spot on an nfl team. I hope it works.

#12685 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

When the XFL started it was the exact same time frame. It failed. I was pointing out the timing of the current AAF is no guarantee of success.
“Started” implied I was talking about the original XFL. A 10-year old could grasp that. Try to keep up.
Also you haven’t whined about the patriots in 10 minutes. Are you ok?!

I will say that the NFL and their business partners are all on board this time which was much different 17 years ago when the XFL started. No ESPiN and the other networks actively railing against it, mocking every move. Remember, NBC (who carried the XFL) did not broadcast the NFL (Fox had the NFC, CBS the AFC) and ESPN carried SNF, ABC carried MNF. So ESPN, CBS, ABC and Fox had a very strong prejudice against NBC and the XFL and needed it to fail. That became apparent on every single talk show ESPN had where the commentators universally mocked the "bad football" and WWF connections. XFL for how cool it actually was, never had a chance.

This time all the right companies are pretty much on board and there are even flattering articles on ESPN.com today and no doubt the commentators tomorrow will be equally complimentary.

#12706 11 months ago

The NFL is on board for the first time since EuroNFL. No chance this doesn't succeed. They absolutely need a developmental league.

#12710 11 months ago

Yes, they absolutely need a development league.

1. For players who don't want to go to college, a lot of these guys have zero interest in academics.
2. For players who want to leave college early and start earning a paycheck before the draft.
3. For players who are cut because they are not ready to make a roster but want to prove themselves.
4. For players that are cut due to injury who want a stage to prove themselves.
5. For coaches/coordinators who don't want to make a commitment to a college team but can't get into the NFL yet.

The NFL dream ends abruptly for too many players. AAF may never be pro level but I guarantee that after even a few years there will be a player or two to come out of there that will make an NFL roster who never had a chance otherwise.

1 week later
#12723 11 months ago

If this was any other owner it would be a minor story. Because it's Kraft it will be blown way up and include words like trafficking and slavery and will result in him stepping down, 1st round draft pick loss and $1mm fine. For a rub and tug by a guy who is not even married. Mark my words.

#12725 11 months ago

woah, English is complicated

#12733 11 months ago

Funny, the Haters rarely have their day on the football field but LIVE for offseason Patriots shenanigans. Enjoy it while it lasts.

#12740 11 months ago

If he was part of the trafficking then I will disavow any affiliation with the Patriots, sell my Season tickets and all memorabilia. If he was some old man happily getting a rub and tug, it is a non story non issue. If the Haters try and make this out to be some massive conspiracy when it isn't then yes I will defend him.

Truth is, the truth isn't out yet so slow your roll Levi.

#12748 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fair enough, but seriously, I cannot stress this enough:
This is Pinside, not a court of law. We are under no obligation to give anybody a presumption of innocence here and I don't see why we should be forced to.
Like you said, it'll play out and we'll see what happens. It's really just another piece of Patriots "outlaw" lore and doesn't take away from what they've done on the field. I'm sure you've noticed that I'm on Pats' fans side when it comes to all of that "cheatriots" nonsense.
One thing is for sure: there will be memes. Lots of 'em. Hopefully at least some are funny.

LOL, I know where you stand on a lot of issues. You have a very strong opinion on EVERY damn ISSUE. I love you only when I'm not hating you. See you in May.

#12751 11 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure you've heard the saying "you don't pay a hooker for sex, you pay her to leave."
So that's your explanation for why he'd go that route.
Why he couldn't go a slightly higher-class, more expensive, and more discrete route with less chance of this embarrassment? There's your arrogance.

Probably done it a thousand times and never got caught.

#12779 11 months ago

*girlfriend

#12785 11 months ago

Eaglesfans living off the vapor trails of their one shining moment over a year later. Creates new NFL thread 4 days after the last SB because Pats fans are too excited. Even Fred thinks you're crazy.

15e78-mr-rodgers-middle-finger-mister-rogers-flips-bird (resized).jpg
#12794 11 months ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Ah you are correct - there is some false info on there on the web. Looking into it more though most of that money went to roads, exit ramps and rail lines around the stadium though.
Amazing how they built it for around $300M compared to stadiums today.

Can't be that nice a stadium if they have to rebuild the section holding the banners every few years.

#12799 11 months ago

Just left your Mom's, charges less...

1 week later
#12834 10 months ago

Wow, the Draft isn't for another month and a half. This. stuff. is. so. boring.

#12856 10 months ago

Michael Bennett to the Patriots. If they can keep Flowers, look out!

#12871 10 months ago

Meanwhile the Patriots lose player after player to record breaking contracts while their head coach gets into pinball tournament shape:

D1frqwRXcAAhnxP (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#12922 10 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm just not sure there's another solution. Nothing is worse than obviously blown calls. When there's a call (or no call) on the field and millions of people know it because they are watching on TV it's bad for the sport.
How many "I'm done with the NFL!!!!" posts did we see here after the Rams stole that game?
It's probably time to get rid of kickoffs altogether, that'll help balance it out time wise. They are almost all touchbacks now anyway and I don't remember the last time I saw an exciting kick return.

tbh, since they changed the kickoff rule which severely limits onside kicks, the kickoff is pretty pointless. No more flying wedge and move the kickoff up? It's become more ceremonial than anything else at this point.

#12928 10 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Also, if the final replay call is made in NYC what's the point of having the head referee go the sideline and pretend to stare at a screen? Just give him the answer and move on.

It allows time for Bill's Venmo payment to be received and approved by the league.

thOPKKDA01 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#12948 9 months ago

Well, if we ignore it, isn't that doing our part to guarantee that happens?
If anything, this is all on your head, Levi!

Hmmm, the XFL is going to be a Spring League which puts their championship game suspiciously close the NYC Pinball Championships. Lots of people watching the big game and not playing pinball, lot's of sponsors shifting their marketing budgets to buying television commercials. If I'm just "following the money" and not using any common sense I would argue that Levi has a pretty lucrative reason to try and tank the XFL. Full disclosure LEVI!

1 week later
#12962 9 months ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I love it when people hate on Russ. Just means they are jealous they don't have as good as a QB. I am over the moon happy they got a deal done

I wouldn't celebrate too much just yet, the other side of that coin is a lot of league minimum scrubs to surround him with. Starters may not be a problem (yet) but you start to get any attrition through injury then you suddenly have huge deficiencies that will be exposed over and over.

#12976 9 months ago

Patriots just notified us season ticket holders of the schedule and the "Tier" priced games for this season:

2 Elite Games
Pittsburgh
Dallas

3 Marquee Games
KC
Browns
Jets

3 Premier Games
NY Giants
Buffalo
Dolphins

I would much rather they label them Pro/Premium/Limited Edition. These labels make no sense.

1 week later
#13027 8 months ago

Meanwhile, the Patriots (along with Levi's Skins) quietly had the best overall draft...uh oh!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/bj4rp8/rené_bugner_rainbowcave_rnbwcv_2019_nfl_draft/

s95a1xyt8fv21 (resized).jpg
#13032 8 months ago

Yeah, I love the draft, but its spawned a cottage industry I just dont care for. I'd like to know how much tape these guys have gone through, and what their qualifications for evaluating talent are.
The answer is of course, little and none.
It would be fun for someone to grade these evaluators a year or two after their grades come out!

200,000 people ATTENDED the draft in Nashville. The time is right for a much better NFL pinball machine.

3 months later
#13096 5 months ago

Josh Gordon reinstated. The best team in the league just got better. FYI we are currently accepting all applications from Bengals fans. The pain doesn't have to continue forever...

#13138 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Also if i got the commissioners job these overpaid babies would be making a hell of a lot less money for playing a game and they may actually would have to go get a real job after their playing days were over. They arent worth the kind of money that they are making for playing a game when middle and low income people bust their asses and struggle everyday just to make ends meet.

So dumb. The players are entertainers, not unlike musicians and movie stars. You think Tom Cruise should make a middle class income because he doesn't own the studio? Maybe Iron Maiden should be paid in beer money since they don't own whatever facility their Manager found for them? People come to see the players who also have the right to get paid based on their performance/value in the most popular (multi billion dollar) sport in the US. Besides which, they put their life/health on the line with every play in order to entertain Who-dey Sixpack who screams "overpaid babies" at their television screen while surfing Pinside.

Christ, we know the Bengals are terrible, you don't have to take it out on us!

#13191 5 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

We should call it "Bengals going to the Super Bowl this year!"

Glad to see you're still alive. We were worried about you, frankly...

#13236 4 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Good call, I just started a mod thread to request that they drop the year from the title.
[EDIT: And forceflow made the change before I even got this posted -- he's fast!]

Thank you!

#13280 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I see the Chargers making the playoffs and playing great all year, but again the league not wanting any playoff games in such a small insignificant venue.

So you think the NFL is going to tell the referees to call games against the Chargers because they don't want any playoff games to be played at their stadium? I just want to be clear.

1 week later
#13370 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

but the Dolphins lose all their games except their annual shellacking of the Patriots!
Life is good.

Would you care to put a wager on that?

#13380 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm not quite as confident this year as in years past, but they sure spanked them hard last year.

LOL, you talk a lot of smack. Just wanted to see if you wanted to put your money where your mouth is. Not surprisingly, the answer is no.

#13383 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Honestly, if history repeats itself, the Patriots usually melt in south Florida.
But I haven't paid attention to either team in the off season or preseason and learned a long time ago, don't ever bet on the Dolphins. So I don't.
I do however enjoy watching them hold the Pats to almost no yards and no first downs in a half, something that no other team seems to be able to do.

Don't worry, if the Dolphins win against the Patriots you can come on here and remind everyone you predicted it.

Just not enough to put money on it.

#13499 4 months ago

If the Bears play like this all year then they could be crippled for a long time due to the Mack contract and what they gave up. They better start winning because the window is closing!

#13598 4 months ago

Welcome home Patriots legend Antonio Brown!

TBH, the Patriots have so many good WRs that they tucked their first rounder on some scammy injured reserve list.

Since David Andrews left the Patriots biggest need has been OL. Not sure this gives TB any more time to make avoid getting sacked 40 times this year.

Kinda bummed...

#13606 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

LOL yeah that wouldn't be much help then. Didn't know they need a center.
Still, guys like Trent don't grow on trees. A resourceful team could bring him in and do some reshuffling with outstanding results.

Well the Patriots LT is basically a rookie, tore his achilles and missed all of last year. Not a good injury and a real question mark.

Andrews really solidified the line and Brady always knew what he was going to do. 3 straight Super Bowls. Most Patriots fans don't appreciate just how much of a loss this could potentially be. The one thing that could help is an All Pro TE that could catch a quick pass to move the chains, also something the Patriots are lacking.

Athletic WRs are only good if they have a QB that can drop back and let them run their routes.

#13805 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Its a good thing Antonio Brown is going to jail because the Pats would win another super bowl for sure probably if he wasn't.

They are the best team in the NFL right now even without AB. The only thing that will stop them this season is injuries, which can never be predicted.

#13852 4 months ago

On a side note, I can't tell you how awesome it is that the year was taken off the title of this thread. That is all...

#13961 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

the Dolphins lose all their games except their annual shellacking of the Patriots!
Life is good.

How good is life today?

#14021 4 months ago

Patriots were without 3 starters on their OL yesterday, just wait until everything comes together.

00001 (resized).jpg
#14042 4 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey Rondogg, you should have shown a little faith in your team and taken me up on my bet. Trending storyline today is that these Dolphins have a credible shot at being the worst NFL team of all time. And I just put my $20 toward a new ultrasonic cleaner instead of sending it your way.

If you had made the foolish comment old-in made you're right I would have taken the bet. And it would have been for $100, not $20.

#14100 4 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I can't even begin to imagine having 14 kids. That's straight up nightmare fuel. I get uneasy thinking about having just one.

I think you're imagining a scenario where all the kids are living with him and he's running errands trying to take care of them all.

#14169 4 months ago

I'm guessing the Patriots got wind that the victims testimony was much more damaging than Brown led them to believe. Smart move. Patriots are still the favorites to win the SB.

#14179 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Patriots get a ton of slack in this department as some kind of geniuses of reclamation, but I don't think their record is particularly stellar. There's Randy Moss and...uh...who else? They weren't able to rehabilitate Albert Haynesworth or AB, and the jury is still way, way out on Josh Gordon. They did a great job with Hernandez as well.
They make plenty of dumb moves when it comes to "character issues" guys.

Yes, there are a lot of misses. But regarding AB, the Patriots weren't the only team calling on him...

#14184 4 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So glad the Pat's sent Brown packing. What a stupid ass move that was in the first place signing him. Just like I said, THUG!! Farting in a doctors face, rapping and threatening women and treating them like dirt, get the SOB out of the NFL all together! He doesnt deserve the life that he has.

Patriots can't help but having the most embarrassing fucking scandals. It's our wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...

#14221 4 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The guy deserves to be unemployed...he's a prima donna that doesn't deserve a job...he got what he deserved...lets hope the Pats get stuck with the financial hit ....they deserve to be punished as well

So you want AB to get paid? I don't get that reasoning. $9m is a drop in the bucket to the Patriots but prob pretty big to AB right now, I say screw him. Besides, per Jeremy Fowler ESPN: "Antonio Brown likely forfeits $9M signing bonus from Patriots b/c of a contract clause calling for players to disclose situations preventing availability, per league source. This could lead to a grievance, but source says that money is 'gone.' Brown was due $5M Monday"

#14348 4 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jets scored twice on NE today. I'm sensing a crack in the armour.

Patriots first defense in the SB era to not give up a TD through 3 games. They only gave up 1 FG to the Steelers. They also didn't give up a TD in the Super Bowl. Only TDs yesterday were a muffed punt and a pick6 thrown by our backup rookie QB.

#14432 4 months ago
Quoted from RWH:

Tyson took some extremely hard shots from Bone Crusher in their fight and still won it. I think Mike became to invincible in his own mind and when that happened he just made mistakes he paid for.

Tyson was completely unprepared for the Buster fight. He was partying WAY too hard, his marriage was falling apart and everything was coming to roost after the death of Cus Damato and the firing of his friend and trainer Kevin Rooney. Those guys created Mike Tyson, and kept him focused. He was out of his mind and not mentally prepared for the fight.

He had no weaknesses with his peekaboo style followed by the right hook to the body, right uppercut. He was devastating.

#14501 3 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Red Zone has become my preferred way to watch football. I'll even switch over to it while watching a Pats game (while recording the entire Pats game of course). It is totally worth the extra cost. If you have never watched an afternoon of it, you are missing out. Scott Hanson is by far the best announcer. He jumps from game to game with perfect transitions and gives you a quick blurb of what is happening including things like yardage and down as they jump in. And if every game is in a commercial, he recaps and shows highlights. You don't miss anything good from any game being played.

If you don't gamble or do fantasy is it still interesting?

#14523 3 months ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Is college football an allowable topic on this thread?

Is that the one where there's 120 teams but the same 5 teams win it every year and everyone pretends there's an even playing field? Where billions of $ change hands and the players don't get a dime? Seriously, college football has become grotesque and bloated that I just wish the NFL would start their own minor league and disassociate itself with it. That one?

#14635 3 months ago

Bills D is no joke.

#14750 3 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Oh yeah, I'm sure that they stopped watching football because of that. Could you be anymore of a snowflake drama queen? Give me a f*cking break!

To be honest, the older I get, the more I wince/cringe at the big violent hits and massive injuries. I just don't find them as entertaining, especially now that CTE and their later effects are known. Former/current players going psycho? Hof players committing suicide by stabbing themselves in the heart so that their brains can still be studied? Yeah, lotsa fun!

#14903 3 months ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He’s got to be one of the most reviled owner in all of professional sports, but fans have been hating him for more than a decade with zero impact. No reason to think that won’t continue.

CBS kept showing the stands full of Patriots fans who were much more numerous and louder than Skins fans. After Michel scored a TD he gave the ball to a kid in a Redskins jersey, even the home team fans were cheering for him. Announcers didn't say a peep.

Sad/bizarre situation if you're a Skins fan.

#14904 3 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

They play everyone in their crap division twice

The myth of their schedule has been widely debunked for years, get a new argument.

#14916 3 months ago
Quoted from JY64:

Or you could quit your bitching[quoted image]

You, just like most Patriot haters love to disparage the team and then complain when we defend them. Whatever, at least they're better than whatever dumpster fire team you root for.

#14922 3 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think for me it's like...why bother?
If I were a patriots fan I wouldn't give a wet fart about what anybody tho