pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (82 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (35 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#29889 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

It was a narrative that was repeated by many sports announcers, since the Bills lost to KC they went 12-0. The defense is better, Josh Allen is better, the Bills are better. There other story line was that the Chiefs haven’t beaten anybody coming down the stretch by more than one score and the Bills were blowing teams out.

ESPN famously (now) had a graphic before the game comparing the teams and had QB and WR1 checked as an advantage for the Bills. QB an advantage for the Bills?!? Literally automatic grounds for firing for whomever came up for it due to complete lack of common sense and sports knowledge. And, Bills Mafia was banging that Diggs was definitely the better #1 WR due to leading the regular season in receptions and yards. Here's the thing, though. If the Chiefs played their starters against a putrid SD defense in Week 17, Travis Kelce likely makes history as the only TE to lead the NFL regular season in receiving yards. Kelce finished 119 yards behind while sitting out the last game.

11 months later
#38696 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Point taken. However time would of come off the clock on a squib kick. Would it of mattered? We'll never know.

Time doesn't run until the ball is touched by the receiving team. Immediate catch and give up results in no time off the clock. It's basically like fair-catching a punt.

#38697 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

We not only kept up but beat KC during reg season so hopefully we can get it done again.

The AFC Championship isn't played in Cincy and Cincy isn't getting some of the very favorable whistles it got that extended drives to win the last game.

#38699 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Looks like good news for Bengals, Chargers, and Dolphins fans; Bad news for Panthers, Bears and Seahawks and Jets, Jaguars and Lions about where you would expect to find them
[quoted image]

Really flawed analysis. What do the Bengals, Chargers, Eagles and Dolphins have in common? A QB on their rookie contract. And Pittsburgh is only in that quadrant because they are dropping off Big Ben's contract but they have NO answer for him at QB. That pretty much is the only analysis you need. The inflection point is how a team manages their cap when the rookie contract expires. There is a reason why Seattle dropped off - Wilson's contract. There is a reason why Green Bay will struggle - Roger's contract. Hell, Indy and Denver had issues because Manning was never going to leave a dollar on the table.

So far, only two top tier quarterbacks have been willing to forgo monies for more complete roster construction - Brady (7 championships) and Mahomes (don't let the dollar amount fool you, its a very team-friendly contract).

#38701 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

Davante is not going to rework his contract unless A rodge comes back. If they tag him, I think he holds out for a trade. No way he comes back if 12 leaves. Agreed on the smiths, Cobb, etc.
Total rebuild coming.

Yep. Adams is going to want to waste the rest of his prime years with Jordan Love throwing him the ball? Doubtful. He forces a trade and I doubt he has to force it too hard as he will bring back a first-rounder, at minimum.

#38715 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

The AFC Championship isn't played in Cincy and Cincy isn't getting some of the very favorable whistles it got that extended drives to win the last game.

Oooh... Two downvotes. A couple of Bengals fans that KNOW that they got some kind whistles. Particularly on the last drive. The officials don't call an obvious false start and then a DPI on 4th down that even the announcers said wasn't a penalty. Congrats on the good season, it ends Sunday.

#38723 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I mean, shit talker isn’t wrong, you just wonder where the hell he was all season and why he’s gracing us with his presence and moldy officiating whining now. Yeah the bengals beat them but this is a very different situation coming up.
I’m inclined to believe the chiefs will win by a TD or more. The stakes are a lot higher, the game is in KC, and HOLY FUCKBALLS DID YOU SEE THAT GAME LAST NIGHT?!?!
Bengals best hope is for another true shootout and they get in their last licks at the right time. Maybe only leave 4 seconds on the clock.

You're the one making assumptions on my behavior. Shit talking? I'm just addressing facts. Bengals fans have been the ones "popping your collar" and hyperbole was rife after that game. Stupid comments like, "If I was starting a franchise I would take Burrow over Mahomes." or "Burrow is part of the new young QBs that are going to challenge Mahomes." Hot take garbage. First, Burrow was lights out that game. Great, accurate passing. He also was kept alive by some very favorable officiating that would have ended the game. And "young"? He's 25. Patrick Mahomes is 26. Data says that Cincy is the epitome of an average NFL team this year. Can they get hot and win at KC? Of course, the Giants rode a hot streak to a Super Bowl. But to say, "the Bengals are(n't) some pushover fluke team like that Cardinals" is just dumb. The Cards have more talent, top to bottom, that the Bengals. Their QB had a really bad game and their franchise WR didn't play the 2nd half of the season. Show me how talented Burrow is without Jamar Chase.

Bengals best hope is Honey Badger and Fenton are still injured and Chase/Burrow have another out-of-body experience for the game. Frankly, their best hope was it was played in Cincinnati.

And I'm gracing your presence here only because I just noticed the thread. But I don't owe you an explanation.

#38770 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:Which team is your team cause you sound very butthurt so I'd bet it is one the Bengals beat but of coarse you'd not admit it but it shows brother boy does it show. Facts are the Bengals are one of the best teams out there or they wouldn't be where they are now. I applaud your risky ASSumption our season may be over Sunday.... I can live with that sure it will be a disappointment but that won't change the fact we had a fabulous season and the future looks bright for Cincy. No explanation needed your "dirtbag" approach says it all...did you by chance play for Chicago? KC is one of the best teams in the league but if you think we can't play with them then well..........stupid comes mind or as I said before basic butthurt

Of course I'm a KC fan. As an aside, any adult who uses the phrase "butthurt" is either suffering from a closed-head injury or is still living in his Mom's basement.

#38987 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

We're back to 14m under the cap with 12, cobb, and both smiths gone. We have some FA decisions, but we were leveraged to go all in this year. The cap situation should only be a 2022 problem if 12 is gone. We could figure out a way to keep some of it together, but a run next year with Rodgers would just be a watered down version of this year. We put everything in place for Rodgers to have his stupidly fucking coined last dance, and he put up 10 points. It was fun while it lasted, but it's hard to listen to the guy that was given everything he wanted (fired coach, top defense, even fucking roster decisions) talk about how he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild while he eats 20+% of the cap. OK, Aaron, tell us which of your friends you want to cut.
It's over. Time to move on. Collecting a bunch of draft picks is really the best case scenario for the franchise at this point. Think about the ROI, a 24th pick 15 years ago that nets you a SB, a whole bunch of deep runs (including heartbreaking losses), and 3+ premium picks to try it again in the next era. Thanks, Ted Thompson. The core of the roster is also in a really good spot. We have some incredible depth at OL (pending a Bahk return), two really solid RBs, some emerging TEs, a top 5 CB, another really promising CB coming off a great rookie campaign, and studs in Gary and Clark. Gutey has drafted really well. I feel pretty good at being back in the mix after a short rebuild.
If there's one thing the McVay/Shannahan offense has taught us, it's that you don't need a good QB to execute it (look at you jack goff, matt cassel 1.1).
If he just retires a Packer I guess that feels better in the short term, but I'm more interested in reloading at this point. But, if we decide to bandage it together for another run, maybe we're better off as a scrappy 4 seed.

My only observation is that while McVay/Shanahan offenses have taught you that you do indeed need a good QB to execute it. SF is winning in spite of Jimmy G. He even said he didn't trust Jimmy G to execute on 3rd and 7. LA cast off Goff the minute they were able to. Neither of those offenses have won a Super Bowl and it can be easily argued that the only reason this is true is due to mediocre QB play.

You need a top QB to win in today's NFL. It's no coincidence that of the remaining teams you have a #1 overall (Stafford), Mahomes (#10 overall, no explanations needed) and Burrow (#5 overall and has beat Mahomes). SF is a anomaly as they win in spite of Jimmy G with stout D and a running game. Does Jimmy G elevate the play of SF? No. The other 3 can and do.

8 months later
#46109 1 year ago

So, Amazon pays a premium to get TNF and the NFL sticks them with this crap. The opener with the Chiefs/Chargers was the high point for Amazon. A bunch of really *blech* games. Maybe the Pats v. Bills game will be interesting, but even that is likely to be the Bills steamrolling the Pats. Bezos might be asking for a credit at this point.

I love football, but this game and the previous TNF game make me want to gouge my eyes out. As as aside, Wentz is total garbage as a QB. Can't hit a receiver. And Justin Fields is only incrementally better. These are 2 of the best 32 QBs in the world?

#46133 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m sure he’ll play and get 100% of his money.

Don't be so sure. The other owners are pissed that the Browns essentially offered Watson a fully-guaranteed contract. That is a not the direction the league wants to go with the high injury rate in football.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider robotron911.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=robotron911 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.