pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 204744 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-182844_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (81 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (34 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14213 4 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Anybody else have a hard time watching this shit? My son plays on a nationally ranked high school team and the games are amazing. College football is incredible. The Bears defense is ridiculous. I have a fantasy football team and have since 1997. So why can’t I watch a Thursday night game all the way through without flipping over to my 25 games under .500 White Sox? Why do I turn off a Sunday/Monday night game that’s tied in the 3rd quarter and guaranteed to come down to the last play? Why do I wander off and play pinball even during the Bears game? Why am I asking you guys?

The penalties are getting old. It seems like every play there's a penalty. The league needs to let the players play.

#14225 4 years ago

Even players are sick of the penalties. It's just getting boring to watch. I still play fantasy football and like the game but watching is frustrating when there are many penalties that are subjective and not called equally between the refs in the same crew in the same game. What's the point of having elite players healthy all year if penalties decide the game. That roughing the passer call against Denver at the end of the game last week was ridiculous and handed the game to Chicago.

Good stats in the first article about the rise in penalties.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27655167/brady-turns-tnf-citing-ridiculous-penalties%3fplatform=amp

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=newssearch&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwirk_iuhOLkAhVnm-AKHXwuBzYQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ohio.com%2Fsports%2F20190919%2Fbrowns-notebook-sheldon-richardson-agrees-nfl-protects-quarterbacks-too-much-d-linemen-get-paid-too&psig=AOvVaw3p0SI3IU_bmLp5xC-rGmwv&ust=1569159384505776

#14573 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I don’t understand why GB didn’t challenge, nothing to lose at that point and could possibly have been overturned.

All turnovers are automatically reviewed, I'd assume PI would be included now. I have Rodgers in fantasy but loved that INT at the end.

3 months later
#19168 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How come they didnt review for pass interference on the Vikings winning TD catch? I thought all plays at the end of games were reviewed? That was definitely offensive pass interference. Drew Brees cant catch a break for nothing seems like.

Not pass interference, atleast offensive. Terrible defense, he needed to turn around actually defend.

#19220 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

You're not allowed to push the defender away like that so yeah it is offensive pass interference.

The defender also can't hold the recievers hands. There was nothing there to call, just hand stuff.

#19271 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well its guys like you that want to turn football into a pussy sport that's ruining the game. Football is a rough sport so when a guy gets hammered he shouldn't be crying about it. That hit right there was nothing compared to hits quarterbacks took 15 times a game back in the old days when football was real.

Yet you think a little hands stuff between defender and receiver is interference? Saints defender never turned around while holding Rudolphs hands, and Rudolph just broke free for the TD.

#19275 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm not 100% sure it was PI due to the amount of grabbing by both receiver and defender. I think most feel it was cause they really only show the very end of the hand fighting when the receiver is separating. Watch closely and you'll see just before the release and catch both are grabbing and holding the other.

Somehow Rudolph had to free his hand to make the catch. It'd be a new strategy for defenses if that was called OPI. Just hold their hands until they need to break free to make the catch.

#19646 4 years ago

I want to see a Vikings vs Packers NFC Championship

1 year later
#28530 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

It was a fitting end to a day of sub par football. Today was terrible.

The whole football weekend was a snoozefest. The officiating is still god awful, the refs have no idea what they're doing. Maybe next weekend will be better.

#28589 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Do you like football? There were some very entertaining games this weekend.

I do, but seems like less and less each year. The recent rule changes, increased/unevenly called penalties, less defensive involvement and bigger player egos gets old. I started watching each game this week and only made it through the Bucs/Redskins game. Saints vs Bears was probably the worst 3 quarters of football I've seen in along time and I'm a Vikes fan.

#28593 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

The rams and ravens both put on pretty great defensive shows. The saints did as well though the bears helped them out a bunch. If you want defense there was some good stuff to watch. The Dc bucs game was fantastic as was the browns Steelers game. I highly enjoyed watching the Steelers fall apart. Maybe try to look at the game from a different angle.

When I don't have an interest in either team, I'd like to see good football especially in the playoffs. Watching the Steelers implode in the first quarter was not good football. I knew there was no coming back from a 28 point deficit. I guess when the Packers implode it's pretty entertaining...jk

#28596 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Jim McMahon also had a huge ego for a year or two while he was relevant. I think this is true that the people complaining are just getting older and crotchety.

Damn, if I'm this crotchety at 35, it's going to be fun at 60. Just not a fan of all the social media garbage and the coordinated team celebrations. It'll be an interesting off season for sure if the salary cap drops to the projected 176mil, some of the egos may be taking a pay cut.

#28601 3 years ago

Not concerning at all, just going to be more fun. Those aren't team celebrations, close though. I bet some attitudes will change with less pay, especially if they have to play an extra game next year.

#28761 3 years ago

Packers are toying with the Rams. "You gotta be quicker than that"

#28877 3 years ago

3 blowouts so far this week, hoping the Bucs/Saints game is entertaining. The 2 added playoff teams really watered down the competition.

#28903 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Tyreek pushing Bienemy, I believe..

That was Greg Lewis, the wide receiver coach. Best know for this catch.

#28910 3 years ago

Great play, but not my favorite Paul Allen call

Ouch, and why I want the Buc/Any AFC team to win the super bowl.

#28918 3 years ago

Favre giveth, Favre taketh away.

I miss Favre, best qb ever, maybe second to Brady. At least Favre was the most entertaining.

#28997 3 years ago

Always a good game when the dirtiest team in the league gets eliminated.

#29008 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Pittsburg lost last week though.

Pittsburgh looks like saints compared to the...umm....the Saints.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pokerjake.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.