pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (83 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (36 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_nate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3622 9 years ago

Ravens to stomp the Pats, pretty boy Brady already dreading facing Suggs again!!!! Will be a great game regardless of who wins - whoever brings the most heat defensively wins......

Gimme a break, ONE bad penalty changes the game? Don't think so - Lions just couldn't get it done when the pressure was up - too bad, was rooting for them.

#3638 9 years ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

Pats beat Dirty Birds (so hard to say this- I wish there was a way BOTH these teams could be eliminated next week).

Ah.....spoken like a true Steelers fan............don't be hatin'!

Funny thing about this rivalry, both Baltimore and Pittsburgh are filled with hard-working blue collar football fans - cities are very similar.........so are the teams, hard-hittin'!!

Best rivalry in football......

#3691 9 years ago

One happy RAVENS fan!!!!

#3703 9 years ago

Great GAME!!! Hats off to Patriots for hangin' in there - Wow!!

One happy RAVENS fan - thanks RAVENS for an excellent and exciting season!!!!

#3714 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Are you still happy ????

YES! See what I posted just before yours - again, GREAT game!! Why so negative?? Just a game - congrats to the Pats.

Unfortunate throw - VERY bad decision - should have run on that play, don't understand it - run game was great all night............Thanks again Ravens for a fun season, I'm really shocked that they even made the playoffs, don't think they would have gone to the big game - but they are entertaining!!!

#3843 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I apologize if you took it in a wrong way

Thanks bud, appreciate the concern, all good - was funny we both posted at the same time! So refreshing you're not one of the (probably majority) obnoxious fans I always run into.

Odd discussions now in Baltimore, do we root for the Colts that left us high and dry years ago, or do we root for the Patriots??

Actually felt kind of bad for Peyton, he looked tired out - team just didn't have that energy necessary for a playoff game.

Wow! So much to talk about - the NFL is REALLY hurting the game with their ruleset - they need to ease back a bit and allow these players to play and the games to roll along..............micromanagement is taking away the fun, was an EXCELLENT catch and I think it should have stood as a catch. If he didn't maintain control, how was he able to extend his arms and attempt the touchdown?!?!?! Arrrgh.

Harbaugh put his foot in his mouth, he should have called a time-out instead of freaking out and drawing a penalty??!! That wasn't a "questionable" play, although Pats probably did do ONLY as much as possible to announce eligible receivers - probably whispered to the refs who was eligible - but hey, that's what gives you an edge! Call time out!

Best of luck next week to all four teams! Hope they provide some great football games to close out a fun season.

-Nate

#3865 9 years ago

Turns out Manning was playing with a torn quad, I have a feeling he will be back next year........anyone would be bad playing with an injury like that.......

#3935 9 years ago

Seahawks over Packers

(Unfortunately) Patriots over Colts

Good luck everybody - geez, everyone on here makes Greenbay and Patriots fans look sooo obnoxious

- Nate

#3937 9 years ago

For centerflank:

Buy Packers stock.........(tax tips)

The opportunity doesn’t come around often, so you have to be on your toes but consider: There are no dividends; the stock will never appreciate (hence no capital gains); and if the team is ever sold, all the profits from the sale of the team will go to the Packers’ charitable trust. Your tax advisor could, at the very least, make the argument that it is a charitable contribution (deductible on Schedule A) and if that doesn’t work, call it a casualty loss (again, deductible on Schedule A). Think about it. Won’t it take an act of God for the Packers to actually be sold?

#4022 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hitting the bottle a little early today?

I don't understand?? This was from an article that morning I found...........

#4026 9 years ago

Wow! What a comeback! Incredible game - too bad the Colts stunk up the closing AFC game......what a mess!

Ended up rebuilding some flippers with the sound off and music on as the Pats stomped all over the Colts......

Seahawks will win the Superbowl, that defense will shake up Brady big-time.

Congrats to the winners, condolences to the losers - painful to watch that Rodgers press conference! Sounds like some disagreements between coaching and players there......

Oh, and c'mon, Patriots deflating balls - just play the freaking GAME straight up - geeeeez!

#4035 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That makes 2 of us then….

That was a tip of how to use the useless "certificate of ownership" that Packers fans have as a useful tax write-off.........guess that didn't go over too well - anyway, on with the hyperbole and name-calling!!!

#4036 9 years ago

Somehow, anytime Patriots are mentioned with underhanded schemes, I tend to accept it as fact based on their track record!..............

#4108 9 years ago

All joking, and assumptions aside - this is really an unfortunate developement and ultimately has to have a negative impact on "the publics" perception of the Patriots as an organization and all of those associated as individuals with that organization.

I can't imagine the embarrassment I would personally feel as a fan, if my team caused all of this negativity, discussion and doubt towards the game and how they win - this goes beyond standing behind your favorite team to taking a step back to look at the attitudes of players and coaches towards the idea of sportsmanship, "fair play" and unfortunate attitudes espousing a "me first" attitude that not only runs deep into sports, but into the fabric of our entire country and how the status quo behaves.....

My hope for the Patriots as an organization is that they realize the damage they create for themselves, and work for positive change from within, my hope for Patriots fans is that they too step back and critically re-assess their team, voice their displeasure over the Patriots and the resulting negative backlash that inevitably washes over New England and their fans due to the Patriot's actions.

Blindly supporting anyone or anything is NOT a productive practice.

For this sports fan, the Patriots have ruined what WAS a fun year of competitive football by placing themselves directly into a spotlight of mistrust, corruption and selfishness in order to win games - whether real or imagined, making the ultimate prize of so many teams and individuals who work long and hard for the chance to bring home a trophy for the 2014 season a meaningless achievement if indeed, the Patriots beat the Seahawks and claim themselves the 2014 champions.

-Nate

#4124 9 years ago

Let's not miss the proverbial forest for the trees.......I don't think anyone is suggesting the Colts could have won that game - this latest infraction has *nothing* to do with air in a football.....it has EVERYTHING to do with playing the game fairly and keeping a team's reputation to a high standard, both of which seem to be something that plagues the Patriots.

If not for the fact that their name has come up in the past as regards to negative press and NFL sanctions I doubt that this would be such a hot topic.

2 months later
#4199 9 years ago

Laughable "re-working" of the completed pass rule - what's with the NFL anyway!!!??? Now you need to "turn and make a move to define oneself as runner???" *SIGH*

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinball_nate.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=pinball_nate and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.