dan-cant-see-me.gif
IMG_5213 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240407_183534931 (resized).jpg
38860405-3D86-49AB-9AE9-AE75342822BA.gif
20240406_180941 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (79 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (32 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14533 4 years ago

No....you have to eject, fine, and suspend players for dirty hits. If you allow the players to police it someone will get killed...shocked we have not seen a death on the field yet...hope we never do. It’s a violent sport. Helmets are weapons....get rid of the helmets and you will get rid of a lot of the vicious hits......but it’s kind of like NASCAR.....no one admits it but people watch it for the crashes. People watch football for the hits.

3 months later
#19832 4 years ago

The big question is will the real Houston Texans show up today?

If the Texans play to their potential they can beat anybody. Their inconsistent play from week to week has not changed. Average to lousy coaching is the biggest weakness of the Texans.

KC May choke as the coach has a history of coming up short in the playoffs. Can’t wait to see how this plays out.

#19853 4 years ago

Wow!!!! Just Wow!!!
Didn’t see that coming.
Go Texans!!!

#19857 4 years ago

Texans got another stroke of luck.
KC can move the ball. If the Texans can get the run game going then they can keep Mahomes off the field and can control this game.

#19862 4 years ago

I know this game is far from over but I feel bad for Andy Reid....great coach but the playoff curse continues it seems.

If the Texans get lazy and take their foot off the gas they will still lose this one.

#19867 4 years ago

That was a hit!!!!

#19876 4 years ago

Not shocked at all....this is Texans football....game is far from over.

#19881 4 years ago

Bill O’Brien is a horrible coach. He is an idiot. When you are given 21 points you play smart football. Don’t get cute and fancy...that’s not the Texans are.

Now the football gods have given and taketh away.

#19900 4 years ago

Typical Texans football....get your hopes up for nothing. They have had every chance to be in co troll of this game and let it go. Poor attempt for a fake punt, a turnover, and costly penalties.

Credit to KC for taking advantage of all of it.

#19946 4 years ago

Game over...1st down Packers.

5 months later
#23511 3 years ago

Pro sports are a JOKE! 8 suspensions? I would like to know I get 8 chances at my job to not get fired. Talented athletes they are but they get WAY overpaid to play a game. I enjoy sports but don’t miss it one bit.

It’s not looking good for sports to return this year. Look at all the sports trying to come back and cases of COVID popping up. Isolating players/staff. No fans. Expanded rosters and schedules impacted. It’s ALOT of effort and I applaud them for trying. The players want to play and the owners obviously want to find a way to make it happen. Hope it works out and we have sports at all levels.

3 months later
#25663 3 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Good for the Texans. O'brien has made horrible personnel decisions and deserves the boot.

Best move the Texans have made in years. I have been saying he needed to go since his second year as head coach.

#25785 3 years ago

Damn...can KC come back? Was not expecting this at all.

1 week later
#26048 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

The giants got their first win of the season because the "Washington football team" decided to go for 2 instead of the extra point to tie, and they mucked it up.
This division truly is the pit of despair...

The Texans blew a better chance at their second win the same way today. Should have kicked the extra point and made the Titans have to get a 2 pt conversation. Odds favor they would not have converted and they would have avoided OT. Saw it coming.

#26050 3 years ago

So is Brady finally getting his groove back? They are looking good against the Pack right now.

Rodgers just sacked again!

#26053 3 years ago

Agreed. A lot can happen in the second half.

3 months later
#29107 3 years ago

So the mighty dollar and GREED still run pro sports. Mahomes is gonna be cleared to play almost guaranteed. The concussion protocol is a joke. I mean at least they are pulling players and not allowing them to return in the same game. Not a doc so maybe he is fine and maybe he isn’t. Don’t know that we have the technology to conclusively determine if someone has truly recovered from a concussion. We have educated guesses and each case/person is different. Of course we want the best players on the field to see the best game/product possible. The flip side of this is if Mahomes does not play and the Bills win there will always be the question of would they have won if Mahomes played. I hope Mahomes is truly healthy and not rushed back. Rooting for the Bills but don’t want to hear all the smack talk if they win because Mahomes does not play.

#29113 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is the goal of most businesses.

Absolutely! And the players know it but they get paid WELL to take that risk.

#29661 3 years ago

There is no tomorrow....you have to win now! Not sure what GB just did. Down 8 and you kick a field goal? You have to go for it.

#29694 3 years ago

Well they didn’t call the obvious offensive holding on that same play with the safety holding that was called. Regardless GB made the wrong call. You have to go for it. If you get it and don’t make the 2 point conversion you still have to score again...IF you get the ball back. If you don’t score at least Tampa would have poor field position and you may have a chance.

GB failed to capitalize on all the turnovers. They had chances. Tampa didn’t dominate them but GB didn’t shut down Tampa either. Brady made too may mistakes and almost gave this game back to GB.

#29717 3 years ago

It takes the right people in a system to work.....should be plug and play with players. Cam Newton was not the right guy to bring in for New England.

Brady got lucky with Tampa...their defense is pretty good when they play their best and it makes the offense look really good when it all comes together. The lack of a real training camp and preseason probably hurt a lot of teams and we could see Brady had plenty of issues. He is either really THAT good or just THAT lucky.

#29776 3 years ago
2BEDE0F0-8934-4B03-BF89-69ADFE43B74E (resized).jpeg2BEDE0F0-8934-4B03-BF89-69ADFE43B74E (resized).jpeg
#29878 3 years ago

One thing that has helped Brady have so much success is he has not demanded max contracts...he has taken less than he could get to allow the Patriots to bring in talent every year. They continuously brought in free agents and made it work year after year to fill gaps where needed. If Brady demanded max contracts I don’t think he would have as many Super Bowl wins. Having a good QB is a must but you need talent around him. Many teams get a good QB but can’t make good draft picks or manage the salary cap to retain or bring in free agents. It’s not easy to do and it does take players willing to chase that ring and not max dollars. The Patriots managed that very well. Not saying players were happy with it but you can’t argue the results they got.

The Texans are in a hell of a mess. QB is not happy. No draft picks. No money to spend. It will take a GOOD GM and head coach to fix it. It can be done but sacrifices will have to be made to rebuild the Texans. Will see how this plays out but I’m typical Texans style they will find a way to screw it up.

#29887 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Many people believe that the Patriots were skirting the system here as well by paying Brady through his TB12 company:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/
It was investigated and wasn't found to be violating the salary cap, but it's definitely a little sketchy and a conflict of interests.
The Patriots are just sketchy in general.
https://twitter.com/Fezmid/status/1329240291052822529

Possible some truth to that.

#29888 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Having a wife that brings in more money than he does allows for that to happen. She makes more than they could ever spend. He could work for the league minimum and let the GM stack the team around him.

That’s a fact....he could afford to sacrifice for a chance on improving his team and increasing his chances to be better. A unique situation and he and his team capitalized on it for sure....along with skirting and exploiting many rules along the way.

#29936 3 years ago

It’s official...Watson wants out of Houston....saw that coming.

#29950 3 years ago

Well the Texans couldn’t have screwed this any worse....but there are 2 sides to this. If they keep Watson it’s gonna be ugly because Bill O’Brien GAVE away players and got literally nothing in return. He over spent on a few players. So the Texans have NO draft picks. No cap room so they are screwed for the next couple of years if they ride it out. The only thing that makes sense is to blow this team up and rebuild. Problem is they did not bring in a long term coach to do this right. The Texans can get ALOT for Watson. Get rid of anyone else that is worth anything and load up HEAVY on draft picks. Get rid of all the dead weight and free up all the cap space you can. If they draft smart they can turn this around in 2-3 seasons. It can be done but the Texans don’t have the balls or right people (GM, Head Coach) to do it. The owner is just a rich kids failure son that inherited the team. Cal McNair has no business running this team. He needs to find a REAL GM and not be involved period. That’s what most good owners do. Hire GOOD people to run it. When things don’t work you clean house and try again.

Jesus Easterby (Jack Easterby) needed to go when they fired Bill O’BRIEN. This guy is a HUGE problem. Give me the Kubiak era any day over this shit.

#29966 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I kind of want a real old school hold out shit show, we just had one with L'veon but not a big QB like this.
This will be classic becasue they're going to get a shit ton of actual awesome trade deals, yet they are too fucking dumb to realize it.

My thoughts exactly. The Texans have made so many dumb decisions over the years. They absolutely should not entertain his demand to be traded. Force him to play or sit If they get an offer for 3-4 first round picks maybe you go ahead and make the deal. They sure as hell got nothing for Hopkins and Clowny...don’t understand how you trade them and get NOTHING!

Texans are in a hole....I think they made a BAD coaching hire. They really should consider cleaning house on the roster and get max value for everything they can and load up on draft picks and clear cap space. They have to rebuild completely....no one currently there wants to play for this owner or coaching staff.

#30111 3 years ago

OK...just catching up...was someone saying if you have DirecTV you won’t get CBS on Sunday?

#30113 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

In a few markets, but I bet they come to an agreement before Sunday.

I am in a large market area so not worried...can’t imagine they won’t resolve this.

Thanks!

#30267 3 years ago

If Tampa’s defense can bend but not break and limit the Chiefs to FG’s they can win. The Chiefs need to quit drawing penalties...they are giving Brady too many chances. You keep giving Brady chances and he is gonna beat ya every time.

#30282 3 years ago

Man....KC needs to layoff the receivers and play the ball. Refs are making it clear contact is fine but grabbing and holding is gonna be flagged. Tampa hasn’t had to really hold...they have pressured Mahomes and made him throw bad passes. Some of these flags are questionable but some have been legit. Chiefs are lucky they are not down 28 to 6.

#30305 3 years ago

Tampa’s D is getting it done.

#30324 3 years ago

This game is over....4th and 9....WTF. That’s a desperation call. Odds were low they convert or score. Tampa is gonna run and eat the clock..one more score for sure seals it.

#30327 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Feel like they really underreported the chieves O-line issues

And Mahomes isn’t 100% either.

#30337 3 years ago

So will this be a first back 2 back Super Bowl wins by a QB for 2 different teams? Don’t think it’s been done.

#30345 3 years ago

Sorry...losing my mind. Chiefs won last year...Patriots last win was in 2019. So that’s a record for another quarterback to get.

#30360 3 years ago

Just tell Mahomes to put some ketchup on this loss and it will taste better....he is extremely good and I would be shocked if he doesn’t make it to another Super Bowl.

The Chiefs just had too many penalties early on and gave Brady too many chances.

#30364 3 years ago
Well OK, is Reid back to being a crappy coach?

That’s always been the knock on Reid....great coach but never could win the big games...his teams are usually really good during the season and then collapse.

#30379 3 years ago

So for the last 2 years all you heard is Brady is on the decline and should retire.....don’t know what Tom Brady those folks are watching. He just won another Super Bowl...OK....his defense had A LOT to do with that but Brady still looked good. He didn’t look like Brett Favre the last couple seasons and then take a beating by New Orleans.

I believe he can play at a high level till he is 45. Yes we all hear how he takes care of his body but I also think he has been very lucky and not taken the beating that most QB’s do. He is smart and knows when to just take the sack. He gets the ball out quick and he is not a running QB so he has limited the amount of punishment on his body.

7 months later
#32159 2 years ago

So Houston is a mess but looked surprisingly decent…..but they were playing the Jags….

Let’s put this in perspective…
Jack Easterby is the Vice President of operations that thinks he is the owner…the GM wants to be the head coach and the Head Coach who wants to be the GM…..the leadership in the Texans is a JOKE!!! And let’s don’t talk about the owner…..he is just clueless on how to run the team. I have to wear paper bag on my head to watch them in my own house…that’s sad! LOL!!!

#32163 2 years ago

I do have to say the Rams stadium looked pretty neat….as I get older I do see the appeal to travel and see all the football/baseball stadiums.

#32168 2 years ago

OT baby!!! Let’s go!!!

#32174 2 years ago

Still is

#32178 2 years ago

OT ain’t over yet. Next score wins.

1 week later
#32554 2 years ago

You can put lipstick on a pig but it’s still a pig. Same ole Texans. If they ever get real management/leadership in that organization they may gain a LOYAL fan base one day.

#32670 2 years ago

Gotta mask up for tonight’s game LOL!

A9AD1587-44D6-42E1-BFF3-954B076EBD3B (resized).jpegA9AD1587-44D6-42E1-BFF3-954B076EBD3B (resized).jpeg
#32673 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Both these teams have been much better than anticipated. Carolina’s D appears to be legit and Darnold looks much better now that he’s away from the Jets, shocking.
Houston HC has these guys playing hard, but taking that penalty to then punt is an absolute WTF? moment. I hope it’s a good game.

Yeah….I don’t get the call either on that punt. They are doing much better than expected for sure. I will give them credit for that.

#32685 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

That place is completely empty

Why should any Texans fans go….the team is a mess. The Watson situation needs to get resolved so they can get rid of his ass. The team is held hostage until his legal stuff gets sorted out. Pretty sure the NFL told the Texans you cannot play him. But at the same time the NFL doesn’t have the balls to suspend him. I get they don’t want to make a mistake and suspend him until there is a decision from the court but in this case and the nature of it they should have already taken action. Where there is smoke there is fire. In this case it’s not like 1 or 2 people have filed suits/charges….there is over 20 people. Can’t wait to see how it all plays out.

#32687 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Texans are not the dumpster fire they are supposed to be…

I think most were expecting them to tank but they are playing tough. They have NOTHING to lose so they going all out.

2 weeks later
#33190 2 years ago

The Seattle Highlighters….those uniforms are HIDEOUS

#33194 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

They call it our "Action Uniforms"

I have to give my wife credit for calling them the highlighters…I think it was 2 years ago and she saw them and called them that. I think the were playing the Raiders and I told her it’s the Highlighters VS the Sharpies.

I am sure Wilson loves the neon green….makes it easy to see his receivers downfield.

#33256 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

SF and Seattle likely out of the division race.Let’s see if the Jets can get Zach Wilson some help with the Hawks first rounder.Jamal Adams=undersized MLB.Also page 666
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"7cb6961be12523d413303a0454c0ae1d5d787263-1633831857-1800"};
//]]>

666 LOL!!! I caught that too!

#33329 2 years ago

Since the neither the Bengals or Packers want to win this game I say we give the win to the Texans LOL! they need some serious help. Texans are -61 in second half points.

#33334 2 years ago

They should just pull random fans out to kick field goals for the win at this point….this is crazy!

#33433 2 years ago

Now more details have come out and Gruden steps down. Only question is why is all this leaked now?

2 weeks later
#33898 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

And just like that, JJ done for the year. Needs surgery.

Damn…hate to hear that. I am glad he went to a better team that has a chance but this sucks. Arizona is looking pretty good so far and was hoping JJ would make it to a SB before he hangs it up.

1 week later
#34205 2 years ago

So he claims he is allergic to an ingredient in the vaccines….I haven’t researched it but looks like others have and guess he previously said he was vaccinated. If so he lied. No different than any other person that has lied about it and there are plenty of fake vaccination cards. I am not really sure how employers are validating it anyway. It all comes down to what the NFL/Packers decide as punishment if any. If they are allowing unvaccinated people to play then it looks bad that he lied and if they care to do anything because he lied. Aaron Rodgers is a little odd and has always come across a little douchy to me….good QB but I don’t get the infatuation some people have with him.

2 weeks later
#34936 2 years ago

I just got home so getting caught up…..WTF? How are the Texans winning? Is Tennessee practicing a 4th qtr drill or something….I mean the Texans are so bad I am pretty sure Tennessee can come back and win it. Would be a massive upset if they lose.

This has been a weird year….no clear dominant team this year. The Chiefs don’t even look right this year and you would expect them to be one of the best but they look nothing like the team that has been lighting it up the last couple years.

Not to mention all the off field issues this year…..did anyone bet Gruden would not be coaching before the end of the season………wonder what the odds were in Vegas on that one LOL!

#34948 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Being a Vikings fan is painful.

Try being a Texans fan….it’s even worse. We are stuck until we can trade Watson which won’t happen until his legal crap is sorted out. Hard to rebuild and attract free agents until you free up cap space and get some draft picks.

#34954 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Nam Cewton is back though. Love it. Win or lose, love watching him play.

Cam is talented and a good player but his obnoxious celebrations are a turn off for me. He celebrates WAY too much. Just play the game….celebrate later IF you win. You look like a JACKASS when you celebrate and don’t even win. He is healthy now but just wait until he get his dick knocked in the dirt a few times…..

#34958 2 years ago
Quoted from pinpin8990:

Not a Cam Newton fan by any means, but maybe he's just happy to get a second chance? New England was a fail and most NFL fans counted him out.
He's back and playing well. Can't argue with that.

I am sure he is happy as hell to be playing. New England was a fail but I think he may be fairly healthy at the moment. Cam when healthy is dangerous.

1 month later
#37070 2 years ago

NFL stats are really not comparable anymore….season records can easily be broken now with 17 games. But how often are players gonna be healthy enough to play all 17 games….probably less often than we think. Stats are interesting but fairly meaningless in football. The only stat that matters in football is wins and losses.

I know this year would be skewed with Covid but I would like to see the stat with a breakdown of games played this season by all players…remove the games misses by Covid and what is the number of players who played all 17 games….break it down by position as well. That would be interesting.

#37074 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you just need to start looking at per game averages to compare apples to apples

I thought about that as well but the problem is you can’t really do it that way….you can’t say every receiver/RB had the same number of opportunities each game. If you are a receiver but you are only targeted once that game your stat is gonna show that. It becomes very subjective at that point and meaningless.

#37082 2 years ago

Can the 49ers close this out…..we shall soon find out.

#37597 2 years ago

Hey, it ain’t likely but the Bills could collapse like the Oilers did against the Bills back in 93. The Oilers blew a 32 point lead…..how the the hell you do that is unbelievable but it happened. I would actually like to see the Bills win the SB.

#37604 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

curiously that image of OJ and Wyche on the field during the last Cincy playoff win was also an Oilers stinker

So true. The Oilers and now Texans are notorious for collapsing in the playoffs. They had some good teams that were capable of beating anyone but when you don’t show up you don’t deserve to win.

#37607 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Evan Washburn's hair is frozen solid

Buffalo and Green Bay are 2 places you don’t want to play at this time of year.

#37610 2 years ago
Quoted from Biju:

All is right in the world if the Raiders and Patriots lose today.

Done deal. Buffalo just put the insurance touchdown on the board. They need to start running down the clock.

#37773 2 years ago

As long as Dallas doesn’t win this will be a great game!

#37918 2 years ago

McCarthy should be gone. There is a reason GB got rid of him….well prima donna Rodgers had a little to do with that I believe but there were signs his coaching was not getting the job done as well.

The only chance you have to win is to get the ball in the end zone. They moved the ball but failed to even take one or two shots at a TD…..that is inexcusable. I get it was a long shot with no time outs but to not even try…..coaching/play calling is the blame on that.

#37955 2 years ago

Let me see….take the safety or give them a pick six……on the bright side they get the ball back with pick six. Cardinals are getting slaughtered so far.

#37959 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Epic Arizona bad luck/bed shitting.

At least the Steelers showed up for a quarter….this is just awful. The Pats were manhandled by the Bills but they didn’t look this bad. I was really hoping the Cardinals would pull this one out but it ain’t looking good so far.

#37968 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

It looks like they were ready to crumble.

That’s funny!

#38375 2 years ago

Damn….another botched kick off. The Bucs are just giving this game to the Rams.

Then you get a gift from the football gods…if they can’t get a TD here it’s over.

#38377 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

If the irony is lost on you then I can't help you

I am sure he gets it….he did kind of kick him but Suh has been known as one of the dirtiest players….he should banned from the league IMO.

#38406 2 years ago

So yeah the Rams definitely played better defense but I wouldn’t say the dominated the Bucs….the Bucs mad a ton of mistakes giving the Rams GREAT field position most of the game. Rams should have 40+ points but they don’t.

3 personal fouls
Missed FG
2 bad kick offs

#38411 2 years ago

If there is a master of the 2 min drill it’s Brady. We have seen him do it many times.

#38419 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ahh....yea they did ....its called 4 turnovers, and the Rams miss a 47 yard field goal...

If the Rams dominated this game it would be over but here we are going to OT……I give credit to Tampa for coming back from all the mistakes they made.

#38430 2 years ago

Wow!!! Just wow……Tampa gave up a big play to set up a FG. Crazy ending!

Congrats Rams!

#38445 2 years ago

I hope the Cowboys watched the end of this game to see how you run a 2 min. drill. Brady and Stafford both showed everyone how it’s done.

Sorry, I couldn’t resist making a jab at the Cowboys…

#38447 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

This comment didn't age well

LOL….well at the time it was all but over….and Tampa blew coverage and Stafford burned them and pulled out the win.

#38449 2 years ago

And away we go…..

Go Bills!!!

#38454 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Gotta keep Allen's legs going if you want to win

He got the first down…..ballsy call from midfield but if he plays like that for 4 qtr’s there is a good chance they win.

#38462 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well that counts as you picking them in this thread!

Works for me….I want the Bill’s to win. It’s their time to win it all!

#38464 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

wow the Bills coach has balls......

No balls, no glory.

This is football at it’s best!

#38471 2 years ago

Mahomes is also smart….he sees the open space and gets there and avoids a lot of big hits. Crazy how he makes it look easy.

#38495 2 years ago

What a great QB matchup.

It’s as good as it gets and both showed up…this may as well be the real SB right now.

#38518 2 years ago

Go Bills!!!

#38548 2 years ago

Bend but don’t break….that’s all the defense had to do…this is a tall order to ask Allen to do it again….

#38554 2 years ago

Holy shit!!! What a game!!!

#38597 2 years ago

The Bills defense gave up the lead twice….they deserve to lose. You can’t stop a team for 13 seconds…this is crazy.

#38618 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yep that coin toss was huge.. Bills D was gassed

Agreed.

#39080 2 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Gronk won’t be far behind him on announcing retirement

I bet so. Gronk has taken a beating and lost a step…he came back for one last ride with Brady and got another ring so not a bad deal.

Brady has nothing left to prove. I am pretty sure if not for his family he probably would play another season….he is still playing at a high level, in relatively good health, and his team is still decent and could have a shot next year. I don’t blame him for hanging it up…Favre hung around 1-2 years too long. I dont think we will ever see a QB with more SB wins and playoff records.

Last comment is for an overall career Brady may be the GOAT but I do think we are seeing some young quarterbacks playing better and doing things Brady never could. Most likely they will never achieve more SB wins or play as many seasons. Running QB’s take a pounding and just aren’t the same after 10yrs or so unless they can transition to a pocket passer and many struggle with that. QB’s such as Mahomes and Allen are extremely good…how long can they do it is the question. And will that style of QB play change the definition of GOAT over time? I have no idea but it’s hard to imagine how a playoff game can get better than Mahomes VS Allen.

#39082 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Mr Watson welcome to the Bucs.

Ha…Watson ain’t going anywhere until his legal stuff is settled. NO team is dumb enough to trade for him not knowing the outcome of that mess unless the Texans are giving him away. They want 3 first round picks and then some so they are not giving him away. The best the thing the Texans can do to speed things up is file a motion to the league he violated player conduct policy which I am pretty sure is in his contract and the Texans cut him and Watson owes a bunch of money back to the Texans and the league awards the Texans a compensatory pick. Then Watson could be a free agent and go to any team that wants him. The Texans should be demanding this to be honest because they are basically fucked and can’t rebuild until this is behind them. The league doesn’t want to officially “suspend” Watson either because they don’t want to look bad for imposing punishment before a decision is handed down on his legal mess…and they don’t want to punish now in case he actually wins. Plus we aren’t sure if these are going to be tried as civil or criminal cases. That is still being sorted out. But the league won’t let Watson play either…can you imagine the backlash the league would get if they let him play and Watson loses his legal battle? Especially if they turn into criminal cases. The league is hoping the cases remain civil cases and win or lose they would impose a small fine and consider the time not played as suspension served. I am sure they really hope they are settled out of court to downplay the whole thing further. As far as I am concerned it’s one thing to have 1-2 allegations against you but NO WAY this many allegations and he did nothing wrong….just an opinion. The league needs a set of BALLS and Watson should be released from the league UNTIL his legal issues are resolved. I GUARANTEE in corporate America if you had this many civil cases of a sexual nature pending against you that company would quickly let you go and distance themselves from you as fast as possible. The league could always allow him to come back once his legal stuff is taken care of. It’s a slippery slope for sure.

#39085 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah this super weird limbo that Watson is in is pretty bizarre. I just don't see how a team can move forward with him in their plans until this is all sorted out, yet absolutely nothing seems to be happening.
A team would be insane trading a bounty of picks for him at this juncture.

Locally things are slowly moving forward….I believe in February the depositions/hearings from the women begin and they are individual cases….and Watson has to tell state his case for each one. It will take a couple months for a judge to hear all of the cases….not sure how quick judgements could be decided or if the judge wants to hear all the cases…could factor in if these are bogus allegations or a pattern of behavior that could sway the judge to move these to criminal charges. There are so many details we don’t know. The only thing we know is there are over 20 women and many of the details/claims are similar in nature. I would find it hard to believe so many women can all make up such similar bogus stories. Early on the local radio discussed quite a bit of the details…it’s pretty damning that he crossed the line IF the events occurred as the details suggest. We will all know soon enough.

#39090 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Watson will still face a lengthy suspension from the NFL if a team does acquire him. He wasnt suspended this year and got paid.

But he didn’t play….pretty sure the NFL can use that as time served for suspension…where this get tricky is if loses the court cases the Texans have a VERY strong case to let Watson go for player misconduct and pretty sure he would owe money back to the Texans. Then the league could impose further fines/suspension on top of that. The whole thing is a mess.

#39094 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

No, it was a team decision and got fully paid. He will still be suspended

Pretty sure it was “NFL”decision disguised as a team decision….convenient way to keep their nose clean of any punishment until the legal crap is sorted out. Watson is happy to play along as long he is getting paid which is is for now…

Think of it this way…didn’t the NFL get flack for suspending Ezekiel Elliott prematurely……they don’t want to back themselves into that corner again. With these allegations against Watson being sexual in nature the NFL would be getting roasted if they let Watson play. Furthermore I truly believe the Texans knew these allegations were coming. You really think the Texans intentionally wanted to piss off their franchise QB…..hell no they didn’t. Pretty convenient that after they hire a fall guy of a head coach that Watson all of a sudden wants a trade and won’t play for the Texans and all the Texans say is Watson is our QB. Then the allegations become public…..this is all scripted by lawyers…pay the guy…don’t play him but we won’t suspend him. The Texans are asking the moon and the stars for a trade. Watson is damaged goods and no one would make that trade. The NFL wants to distance teams and the NFL from Watson and see how the lawsuits play out then move forward with Watson if they can. That’s my conspiracy theory on all this. Sucks for the Texans short term but I see them getting money back from Watson and a compensatory pick if he loses the suits.

Back to the playoffs talk…hoping the games are good tomorrow!

#39095 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

only 2 of the 20 refuse to settle,that can change fast.

If they all settle that would be great. It would speed up this shit show….not betting on it though.

#39097 2 years ago

Would love to see Bengals upset the Chiefs tomorrow and the 49ers beat the Rams…

If I made the above bets I guarantee the Chiefs and Rams win.

Also know if I put money on the Chiefs and Rams. Then the Bengals and 49ers would win…I am like the Charlie Brown of sports betting LOL!

#39101 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I shit you not there's a Netflix movie where Kevin James is playing Sean Peyton...i would have resigned as well

Oh hell, you just found the next head coach for the Texans. He would fit right in! (Kevin James that is)

#39107 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's so fun that we got a Houston fan way after their season ended. New England and Indy fans in witness protection?

Well, it’s something to talk about as we want to see how the Watson situation plays out and where he ends up. I have been here watching all season but it’s not like Houston had a chance…was waiting for the playoffs to see who the real contenders were. Brady will be the other big story if he does retire.

I just don’t see how this weekends games can live up to last weekends games…I think the Rams/Chiefs are the better teams but there could be upsets. Chiefs are probably the best out of the 4 remaining.

#39109 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Do you think Watson is traded or does this drag on into the season?

Your guess is as good as mine…I know the cases are supposed to start going in front of a judge next month but with 20+ cases how long is that gonna take and to get decisions on all of them…best thing for Watson is to find a way to settle this out of court…prevent it from become criminal case any way he can. If these become criminal cases who knows how this plays out.

#39137 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Brady won’t officially retire until next week, or else he’d lose out on $15 million bonus.

If that’s true then it makes sense. But obviously there is a GOOD source that leaked it early….no way major media would be adamant and reporting it. I do believe Brady is struggling with the idea/reality that he may walk away finally. We have all heard from so many athletes how hard it is to give it up and how much they wish to hang on….just one more season, one more day in the spotlight.

#39152 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Get in the Zone!

Get in the End Zone!

#39181 2 years ago

Yep…if the Bengals defense can’t get a few stops KC wins this no problem.

#39257 2 years ago

Damn…looks like a tie and OT unless KC misses the FG.

#39314 2 years ago

Looks like Mahomes now has plenty of time for that part time job and can use that employee discount to get new pair of sneakers LOL!

#39325 2 years ago

Bengals D found a way to get some stops. Congrats for getting it done!

#39346 2 years ago

If 49ers win we get SB XXIII rematch…..I still vividly remember Tim Krumrie’s leg getting broken……that was brutal and can’t believe he came back from that.

#39350 2 years ago

Do we really need Michael Buffer…GTFO with that crap….quit ruining football.

#39353 2 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Whatever you do, do not Google “Michael Buffer net worth”

LOL….I am sure he is worth a mint.

#39365 2 years ago

I think Stafford is still getting used to playing on a good team and having to learn and get his confidence back. When you play for a bad team long enough I am sure it changes you.

#39388 2 years ago

The Lions actually had some decent teams during his tenure with players like Calvin Johnson and Reggie Bush. Matthew knows what it’s like to have some success, but he just couldn’t win the big games. You simply have a Jekyl/Hyde situation with him, as he’s been with the Rams at different times this season.

Megaton was good for sure! But as a whole the Lions have just been run poorly and we’re never built to win. I feel Stafford tries too hard to make the big play and it backfires on him a lot…not always his fault..balls bounce, receivers don’t catch it, etc. he has been a victim of that.

#39409 2 years ago

Rams had plenty of chances but you can’t win if you don’t put up points. Somehow the 49ers are getting it done so far.

#39437 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Jaquaski Tart has always had butter fingers.

Receivers that can’t catch become defensive backs.

#39470 2 years ago

Game over!!!

#39498 2 years ago

NRG stadium in Houston is available….to host a one is the only we may get one here LOL!

#39718 2 years ago

Oh boy…the NFL is a hot mess right now….
First….now it’s on record officially a team intentionally wanted to tank. The NFL is now as real as pro wrestling…you can’t tell what is scripted and what is real. Now we all know there are reasons/situations why teams lose/tank on purpose but it’s never openly said that is their intent. That’s why I don’t/won’t bet on sports….it’s not an honest/clean game anymore in that regard. I watch for entertainment but it’s a business now…greed has ruined it for me.

As far as the discrimination stuff that’s a slippery slope. In this case why wait so long to come out about it….he played along so he is guilty as well. Now I am a firm believer in hiring the person that is most qualified or the right fit for the job regardless of race/sex etc. Employers are now pressured to hire people because of certain race/sex etc. That is discrimination as well and it happens ALL the time. Not interviewing people because of race/sex etc is discrimination IF they are qualified for a said job. Many employers go out of their way to still interview people that are not qualified to see if they may be a fit or have the potential to do the job. Now if his claims of having interviews but he never had a shot at the job are true who knows how this plays out. If others come forward with more incidents it could become a class action lawsuit….I believe that’s what they are pushing for.

We know many times teams already know what coach they want to hire but they still interview several…is this guy just mad he was fired and didn’t land another HC job? Now it’s bad that Belichick texted this guy as it sounds like he knew who got the job and may have lot the fuse on all of this. Now Flores is just pissed as he was pretty sure his interview was a waste of time. It’s not like this guy didn’t get chances….he worked his way to a HC job and would most likely get another chance at some point. Sucks he went to a bad organization and that’s part of the problem. A lot of things wrong in this situation.

#39722 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:If you find your job is shit, you normally do what you can to better your situation. He did that, but he was fired anyway.
He took some interviews, but realized he was never even a serious candidate. They were literally giving others the job before he even had his chance at an interview. Not only that, but it seems it was pretty widely known.
He was used to check a box in more than one instance. [quoted image]

Plenty of white coaches have been a check mark for interviews too and never had legit shots at getting the job as well… like I said MANY teams already have identified the coach they want before interviewing anyone…you can’t stop that….that happens all the time in the corporate world but they have to interview others to check the box.

I am not a NFL owner or GM but how qualified is Flores? Maybe he really isn’t qualified or have that chemistry/charisma needed to lead a team. I have no idea. You do have to consider there is that possibility.

And guess what…the turnover of coaches in the NFL is HUGE….every year coaches come and go for various reasons. They are VERY few tenured coaches with a single organization….the ones that are have a winning record (in most cases).

There is no easy answer to any of this. It’s just a mess.

#39724 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Two years to come up with some of the laziest branding ive ever seen. My wife could have slapped those uniforms together in a half hour while watching our screaming baby.

Yeah…new team names are kind of bad….the best Houston could come up with was The Texans…at least that kind of makes sense.
The Astros now own a local minor league team that was the Skeeters and changed the name to The Space Cowboys… just dumb. I don’t get it.

#39728 2 years ago

The biggest issue with the whole Flores deal is the tanking situation…that is bad for a ton of reasons. How can he prove he is a good coach if you don’t want him to win….the Dolphins owner should be forced to sell the team….just unethical period..that’s hurting coaches, players and many others.

Secondly their is obviously the people “in the Know” and that is bad. Why does Belichick seem to already know who got the job? That’s a problem. So there is definitely some things to investigate in all of this.

#39729 2 years ago

One team intending to tank to better their draft position is talked about practically every year. It's no secret. It also rarely actually happens. It normally comes by way of an owner liquidizing players in return for picks. It puts the coach in a bad spot, because they'll inevitably be the fall guys. No one wants to coach for these franchises. They're looked at as entry level positions that people ascend from as quickly as they can. Those coaches are going out there to do their best for the guys that the owners are trying to replace. It's no wonder those guys tend to win in scrappy ways, particularly when the coach is aware they're probably being treated as a bridge.

That's a really easy thing to not do. In fact, I can't even legally bet on sports unless I drive to Beloit. The American economy is another institution you may want to take a closer look at while you're trying to uncover greed and corruption. That ones a lot harder to avoid participation in, so consider where you're placing your energy on that front.

He got an opportunity. I'm sure once dolphins owner (whom name I refuse to remember, I'll call him flippy for brevity's sake) came to his door and offered him a pittance to sacrifice his career in the name of Tua, he started to question his situation. In a hilarious twist of fate, they ended up with the guy they were supposed to tank to get, and exceeded every expectation (much to the chagrin of flippy).
When flippy decided that Flores was too successful, got him the QB he desperately wanted, but refused to do other stupid shit to allow flippy to damage his own franchise further, he fired him. Flores probably didn't think too much of that at the time, cause flippy was a nutty self-entitled asshole, and they tend to do those things.
But then when flores got a text from tom brady's real dad letting him know he's not even a serious candidate... he was literally just an appointment on a calendar to satisfy a rule. He started to realize he never had a shot. It's not a surprise that any one team might do that, but when you show up to interview for your 2nd opportunity and the good old boys show up hungover with no intention to hire you, well that's a pattern.

Now here's the really important part. This all means that teams just wanted to bring in ANY black guy to interview. Let's say you're right and Flores is a shitty coach that didn't deserve a real shot, then why not bring in Bienemy, or any other diverse candidate to interview for the job? It would seem like the answer is because they don't take the rule seriously.
I'm a little surprised that we have to circle back on why this is a really big problem. Is it really that difficult to empathize with a population of this country that has been saying they're not given a fair opportunity, and then prove it?

Look, this is a very touchy subject so don’t want it to get out of hand… Are there still issues to address yes but the goal is to achieve fairness of opportunity for all…not over correct. We can agree there are issues and I will leave it at that.

Regarding tanking….yeah it’s been done and that is a direct result of the draft rules….fix the draft rules to not reward that behavior…..

#39751 2 years ago

Flores was definitely not a good hire for Miami. I am all for giving a new coach that’s earned it a shot but you gotta give them an honest 3-5 years with real support to build a team…if tanking for the draft falls into that rebuild plan the entire organization has to be on board…if they are not then it never ends well. Flores never had a chance to prove himself. He wins a few games and gets fired for it. Bad on the owner.

Yeah, Bud Adams not letting Houston have the Oilers name was his big FU to Houston for not working a deal to build a new stadium. That’s why he moved the team. In the end it was dumb for Houston because they ended up building one anyway for the Texans.

#39752 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Jazz, wizards, magic, thrashers, blue jackets...anything else on the bottom?
Almost forgot Cleveland Guardians

Once international league play starts I can see it now…
The Matamoros Machetes

I am licensing that shit…that’s a
football name there. Look out Chicago Care Bears….the Machetes are coming to town. See how easy that is to pick a decent name…

#39853 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Tony has climbed aboard
[quoted image]

LMAO….that’s awesome!

#39855 2 years ago

For all the JJ talk…
Just think Office Space….

If I had a million dollars I’d do 2 chicks at the same time…chicks dig dudes with money.

I am too lazy to post a meme LOL!

#39857 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

That’s it! I owe you a drink at TPF so hit me up!!!

#39900 2 years ago

If only Houston was still the Oilers we would have another Love Ya Blue era.

#39904 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I like the Lovie hiring, he’s a total class act, that organization needs some of that.

That’s the problem….the owners have stayed away from the “Bad Boy” players so I will give them that. There is morals in the organization and they were a good organization with Kubiak. Then they hired but hole chin O’Brien and it just went downhill from there.

Lovie will be good but I can’t believe he wants any part of this mess. Can’t rebuild so he is an interim HC. He won’t get a fair shot to build a team. Unless by some miracle the Watson crap gets resolved quickly.

#39916 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Watsons stays, Lovie puts together a good D, or it fails miserably. There’s not a dominant team in that division.

NO WAY Watson stays. The Texans do not want him period. They want clean cut players. Any player that has had off field issues they have gotten rid of. They don’t pursue free agents with issues either.

Watson would have a hard time winning back fans….he would be booed the entire time. He wanted out so he is out. By NFL rules he could have played but he did not…that was a mutual agreement and he GOT PAID. Fuck Watson. Cut bait and move on.

#39919 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Your team is in a pickle.

Good one!!!

#40214 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:game breaking 15 yard moron penalty on the Bengals. Wow... broke a rule right there with the non-uniformed player. Super bone head with 1:22 to go for the drive. Could cost em 3.

Coach/owner should send that player to the locker room. If I owned the team that’s what I would do. Penalties like that could be the difference in the game. The guy is in-active anyway and it’s a PRIVILEGE he is even allowed on the sideline. End of rant.

#40233 2 years ago

This halftime show makes me want to hurl.

#40252 2 years ago

Plenty of time for the Rams to come back. Bengals need to score here to start beating them mentally. If they leave the door open it’s anybody’s game.

#40284 2 years ago

Sacks are piling up…Bengals need to get something going.

#40294 2 years ago
Quoted from titanpenguin:

Someone needs to consult Forceflow. How would he moderate the situation?

Force would just apply logic and say the team leading has the ball in the last 2 minutes usually wins unless the they can’t get a first down and the other team has timeouts left.

#40323 2 years ago

Shoot that knee up….it’s the super bowl and you never know if you will make it there again. Fix it in the off season. You get paid a lot of money and sacrificing your body is part of the deal. Risk VS reward and it’s what these guys signed up for.

#40343 2 years ago

Both these QB’s could use some help from Mr. Miyagi.

38AEED73-7FF2-47C3-AFF5-EE4E9A5044C0.gif38AEED73-7FF2-47C3-AFF5-EE4E9A5044C0.gif
#40359 2 years ago

Here we go….refs gotta screw up the game. Not sure how much of a hold that really was.

So LA gets 4 more chances. This shit is RIGGED….especially if it goes to OT somehow.

#40365 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rush it, let the score

That’s exactly right….get the ball with as much time as you can….low odds you keep them from scoring from the 1yd line. Control your own destiny.

#40384 2 years ago

Gotta get in range first….we ain’t there yet.

#40391 2 years ago

Drama at the end but otherwise a mediocre game….nothing special. The calls from the refs will be discussed for a while….something just didn’t feel right about the way it went down. Paper champions IMO.

#40420 2 years ago

The Rams D was very good. But the Bengals offense still put up points and only lost it at the end so I give props to the Bengals offense as well. Bengals D gave the Rams too many chances…you give a team too many chances inside the 10 and they are gonna score. The refs played a part in it but you can’t dwell on it.

Congrats to the Rams….glad to see Stafford get a ring…with some of the lumps he has taken you could say he has earned it.

#40427 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No shit. I’m saying that crap shouldn’t happen. It’s a sport that we root for. Why is everyone fighting over it like everything else?

Agree….we can all have a favorite team and smack talk but it’s all meant to be fun…people take it too personal and get serious about it more than the players. It’s OK to congratulate the other team/fans when they win. Rivalries are part of the fun and my favorite part but we should have a little class and be respectful.

1 week later
#40775 2 years ago

Watson ain’t going anywhere until his legal crap is done. Judge ruled to move forward on 9 of the cases today so depositions will be starting. These 9 in particular are moving forward because the women did not file criminal charges and the judge says they should not have to wait. Things are gonna start playing out soon.

2 weeks later
#41120 2 years ago

The Watson case moves before a grand jury finally….the next few days/weeks could get interesting. Will be funny if any of these women or Watson are accused of “Misremembering” LOL!

#41121 2 years ago

Grand Jury declines indictment on 9 criminal charges. Civil cases still have to be heard so it ain’t over yet but getting closer to being able to make a trade possible. Civil charges are no worse than a Judge Judy case….too bad this didn’t make the Judge Harvey show LOL!

#41122 2 years ago

So who is giving up 3 first round picks for Watson?

#41126 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody. It’s gonna take more than that?
A top QB in his prime. These don’t come available for trade, ever.

3 first’s is just a start…Texans we’re asking 3 first round and 2 second round picks and a 3rd I believe….they will get it I bet.

1 week later
#41403 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]

LMAO but that is just wrong.

The ironic thing is Mayfield could be a fit for Houston if we can get him on the cheap…I don’t know if there is a hot prospect in this year’s draft and Houston doesn’t have to blow all the picks at once….they can sit until it’s valuable enough to draft the right QB for the long term and just build up draft picks. Now is the time for Houston to build a defense and O-line worthy of a franchise QB….they have the cap space to do it now. And they have to get a long term head coach…..but Lovie can probably get it done if he is given real talent. Would like to see him set up to succeed and not fail. I have faith the Texans will F it up though.

3 months later
#42866 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:NFL stated that all the settlements have zero bearing on their process.

You really believe that statement?….they won’t do anything until the last 4 cases go to trial or settle. The whole nature of the civil suits are exactly what the suspension is about….these are sexual allegations and probably violate the leagues conduct policy. Even if all of them are settled out of court the fact that there are 24 suits shows a problematic pattern of behavior and the league can’t turn a blind eye to that. His lawyers need to do EVERYTHING to get the last 4 suits settled and not go to trial. With no conviction it will probably lessen any suspension but if they go to trial and he loses it definitely will factor in to any suspension.

I am sure the 20 settlements were not cheap….I bet at some point info will leak as it always seems to. These last 4 are gambling on either a huge settlement or the satisfaction of winning in court. I suspect they will be offered more to settle and they don’t go to trial.

1 month later
#43736 1 year ago

As long as his MANDATED counseling sessions are scheduled as MASSAGE sessions I am sure he will make those appointments and maintain his eligibility to play…..keep in mind if he misses any of those sessions OR the counselor(s) determine there IS a real issue it could still come crashing down. This is not over by any means.

An addict is ALWAYS an addict. A predator is ALWAYS a predator. A sexual deviant is ALWAYS a sexual deviant. Period. You don’t just snap your fingers and cure it. Doesn’t mean he can’t change his behavior but he will have to continually work to improve it.

#43737 1 year ago

Oh…and the Astros scored 3 touchdowns for the win over the Whitesox.

#43751 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

You think an NFL-approved counselor is going to blow up this deal? I wouldn’t hold my breath.
I’m thinking the cheapest way out of this going forward is for the Browns to hire sex workers to pose as legit masseuses that Watson can then “harass” (with their consent). He’d never need to know …

Oh….I am sure that counselor will get “paid” to make sure Watson plays.

#43778 1 year ago

Parking is seldom brought up and just seen as “it is what it is”….but it is a huge factor for me as it’s gotten ridiculous. I don’t go to NFL games but I try to go to baseball games several times a year. Back up 7-8 years ago and I pretty much could expect decent parking for $10-20 bucks to go see an Astros regular season game. Well now that they are good winning team that has changed. Obviously prices go up for playoffs/WS games and is expected. In 2017 parking for playoff games was around $30-40. WS games was like $40-60. Now fast forward to 2022….I went to the Astros/Stankees regular season game and parking was from $60-100…that’s called GOUGING and a little ridiculous but it’s unregulated…you have to park so they have you by the balls. Fortunately there is a “secret” spot that is VERY small that I can usually still get a spot for $20 and it’s as close or closer than more expensive lots.

You can’t put a price on a live experience for some games and are just worth it to see in person. But for the most part it’s not worth the cost/expense to go to games anymore. With large TV’s at home and my own food/drink it’s way more enjoyable.

#43794 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Reserved parking at a Penn State game at Beaver stadium which is generally about 20-500 yards from the stadium is anywhere from $100 for crap games to $250+ for prime games. And they have at least 5K reserved spaces. For $40 you get to park in a cow pasture a 1/2 mile or more away.

Wow..that’s crazy.

1 month later
#46128 1 year ago

More DeShaun Watson trouble….a new lawsuit has been filed. Wonder how this could impact his current suspension….at this point to even keep Watson in the league is a BAD look if the league is really trying to crack down on sexual harassment. It’s just ridiculous at this point.

#46130 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m sure he’ll play and get 100% of his money.

Because the mighty dollar is more important…can’t agree with you more on that.

2 weeks later
#47180 1 year ago

Pretty sure the Eagles can attend game 5 of the World Series tonight in Philly and still beat the Texans….

11 months later
#61536 6 months ago

Would it be of bad taste talk MLB here? The MLB thread ids DEAD….no one wants to talk shit there.

Not trying to derail this thread…but it’s the playoffs and I am sure some of you are watching….if you aren’t you missed a pitching clinic the other night and a hitting clinic today.

Just to preface….I love me some football but the game is not the same…give me some 80’s/90’s hard hits any day of the week and I would be all in….not this passer friendly BS of today. It’s garbage. I understand it’s all trying to make the game safer but go tell that to Alex Smith…….game is still just as dangerous.

Where are my shit talkers at?

#61539 6 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I'll bite. The NFL still rules. Baseball is what it is. 162 games to come down to a 5 game playoff where the best team can lose to a hot pitching staff or hot hitters. Ask the Braves last year and see all the bitching their fans did on Battery Power. Same can happen in the NFL with a hot team in the playoffs. But in the NFL every game matters and teams that clinch home field thru the playoffs have an advantage.
Go Phils!

Of course every game matters in the NFL….less games. But it’s the most physical and more risk of injury which is major factor. If the BEST players are not playing we all know how that goes…baseball is a grind kind of like basketball. But as I’m all sports playoffs are different….it’s win or go home.

Your Phillies have it covered…so don’t fret.

#61541 6 months ago

You're just here because you know vic is banned!!

LOL!!! I am just surprised no one wants to talk some smack…it’s playoffs. We wait all year and now it’s time to talk shit. We are seeing some amazing play. Bryce Harper is just an animal…Yordan Alvarez is from another planet batting .500 in 3 playoff games. Lopez pitched what may be the BEST outing of a pitcher this playoffs. The Dbacks are blowing out the Dodgers.

#61548 6 months ago
Quoted from mof:

We're giving all this 'team golf' talk a "pass" cause it's Tuesday.

LMAO….I’ll have to remember that.

#61549 6 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because baseball is fucking stupid;

All sports have gotten stupid…salaries are way too high, too many whiny players, and yes the baseball and basketball seasons are TOO long.

I miss the Love Ya Blue days. The Texans owner is an idiot. I used to be hopeful I would see the Texans make it to a Super Bowl but very doubtful it will happen in my lifetime. Houston sports in general have been kind of a joke….good enough to get you excited but always gonna let you down….gotta enjoy what the Stro’s have done the last few years…it won’t last and we will suck again soon enough.

#61550 6 months ago

And for the record it’s always a good day when the Cowboy lose.

#61553 6 months ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I cant take baseball seriously, or any sport where teams spending 60m are expected to compete with teams spending 350m.
https://www.spotrac.com/mlb/payroll/

That’s the funny thing about Baseball…doesn’t always matter how much a team spends….the Mets went BIG and it completely backfired…they had to sell/trade everyone. The Yankees have been “Buying” champions for years but it hasn’t worked for them lately….the Orioles show to have only spent around $70 mil this season and they had THE best regular season record in the AL. The Arizona Dbacks are about the same and they are crushing it in the playoffs right now against the Dodgers. So the point is it IS possible to build a good team and not over spend. But there are definitely teams that choose to be bad and NEVER spend such as the Pirates….

Basketball is the worst as players can whine and cry to get out of contracts and form SUPER teams….you end up with 3-4 really good teams and then all the rest…it’s a joke.

#61554 6 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

As a lifelong Lions fan, I have no sympathy. You do not know true suffering

I have plenty of empathy for the Lions. The Lions have had some great individual players but just short of putting it all together. Hopefully one day that will change.

#61557 6 months ago

Sure it's possible to compete with a lesser payroll, but you're at a distinct disadvantage before you even get started. If you do manage to have success, it can't be sustained.

That’s the same for any sport….as soon as new stars are born they want to get PAID…teams either pay them or they become free agents. Happens in football too.

3 months later
#69540 3 months ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Tomlin wasn't having that in the presser

I would be surprised if they fire Tomlin. His coaching in Pittsburgh has been solid overall. Always competitive, rarely misses the playoffs, and I think liked by his players. But on the flip side it may be time for change….Tomlin would have no problem getting a job if he wants one. Change can be good for coaches and for teams. A chance to reset so it’s not out of the question but not likely.

#69542 3 months ago
Quoted from Xero:

That's one Kelce brother down.
One more to go!

That’s up to the Bills

#69550 3 months ago

No chance he gets fired. May "mutually agree to part ways". He'll get any job he wants, and the Steelers will take any HC they want.

That’s a fact…..Tomlin won’t be “fired” but he won’t be out of a HC job if he wants one. No question the Steelers would have their pick of coaches. Pittsburgh is a WELL run organization in general so I am sure they will have a decent head coach whenever the time does come.

#69551 3 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Stay warm you bastards!!! I’m getting ready to start a 12 hour outdoor shift. I hope I don’t fall in the water on night like tonight!

Sucks to be you…just kidding. I feel for ya…spent many years out in the field so I know first hand how much it sucks sometimes. Stay warm if ya can!!!

#69555 3 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

So far so good, sitting in my warm car. Waiting for the boat to arrive. Hopefully it breaks down!

On the water is even worse…cold is fine but cold and wet sucks!!!

#69843 88 days ago

These are late but gotta continue with the Dallas hate…..quit your crying Dallas.

IMG_4817 (resized).jpegIMG_4817 (resized).jpegIMG_4818 (resized).jpegIMG_4818 (resized).jpeg
#69992 86 days ago

Do the refs wear glasses….thats the real question. Clearly holding on that last play that allowed Jackson to run…that’s TWICE the refs have not called holding on the Ravens…I see where this game is heading. The Texans have to beat the refs….not the Ravens.

#69999 86 days ago

<

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Give it a rest man. Holding happens on every play.
Stop whining about the refs it’s pathetic.

No question that it does….but if that’s the case why call it at all and just make it legal…the issue is when there is holding AND it’s not called on a big play it can change the outcome of the game. So yeah when those calls are “missed” it’s not fair for either team…like I said the Texans have to beat the refs…

#70005 86 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Refs didn’t bother calling an obvious PI against the Texans in the first quarter.
Balances out don’t it?
Whining about refs is pathetic. 10-3 ravens.

Don’t even start with PI….thats such a joke…refs just decide when they want to call that too.

Texans just have to play a clean game….they can control penalties called against them and that’s it. Can’t have false starts and get called for holding on meaningless plays.

#70009 86 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Refs stop Texans on 4th and 1!

Give it a rest…..the refs don’t affect every play….lets just see how many more plays they miss on both sides the rest of the game.

Texans do good enough job at beating themselves.

#70013 86 days ago
Quoted from mof:

Refs can't tackle Lamar for $hit

Refs can’t tackle the Texans either.

#70015 86 days ago
Quoted from Xero:

Now pick Lamar off and score again before the half.

Something like that….cant let Baltimore get on a roll. They are tough and even tougher at home.

#70017 86 days ago

That’s about as close to a chance for a pick Texans may get…Jackson only has 7 picks this season so he doesn’t throw many.

Good stop for the Texans. Now they need to cash in if they can.

#70030 86 days ago
Quoted from mof:

Texans going into the half HAPPY at 10-10 if this holds. 3 mins to half...
we must have seen 7 punts so far?
Are we still at 0 turnovers? -- the tension!!! the defensive excellence!!!
stats say: houston penalties, and ravens rushing attack are putting this game in RAVENS favor so far, 10-10 is an illusion!
3rd down 33% each --- not much happening there.

Eye test definitely says Ravens have the advantage…Texans have too many penalties. False starts still happening too often.

#70032 86 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

DUDE! Let CJ do his thing, hes been nothing short of incredible this season. The Texans fucking SUCKED before he came in.

Agree…but the false starts from the O-line are happening too often…that’s not on CJ.

#70037 86 days ago

Texans definitely get an A for keeping this game tied at the half….this is not something we are used to from the Texans…..2 big sacks to stop Baltimore to end the half.

This team is more consistent than past Texans teams. In years past the Texans would have a monster game and look like the best team in the league and then get rolled by the worst team in the league…you didn’t know which team was gonna show up.

#70038 86 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Exactly! This Texans team is LEGIT! They were 3-13-1 last season, lol. INSANE if you are a Texans fan having a bad thing to say about a first half second round lead vs the #1 seed.
Like, it blows my mind haha. ENJOY it Pickle ! You went from scraping the Deshaun Watson shit off your boots to having CJ Stroud, you win as a fanbase, stop bitching!

I am just hoping the same old Texans don’t show up for the second half….the Texans are known for playing only half a game. Not used to this thing known as winning LOL! Lotta game left but it would be a HUGE upset if the Texans takeout Baltimore….

#70041 86 days ago

And how quick momentum can shift….Texans need a score here.

#70044 86 days ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Texans seem content wasting a down every series running up the middle

Gotta show some run to keep the defense honest….if you abandon the run it’s Blitz all day for the defense….only difference is CJ can RUN so a defense can get burned.

#70046 86 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

That was a dumb play in the midst of a solid drive
Cost them momentum - punt

Yep.

#70051 86 days ago

Baltimore is dialed in…..Texans defense has to find an answer quick or it’s gonna be over.

#70055 86 days ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pickle warned us!
Let’s hope 4th quarter Texans are better than 3rd quarter Texans.

Told ya…..Texans do a good job of beating themselves….and Lamar does a good job moving th ball…can’t deny that he is GOOD.

#70094 86 days ago

Well it was a good season for the Texans…overachieved in a weak AFC division but someone has to go to the playoffs so may as well be them. CJ has tremendous potential to lead a team that could become a great team. Not a bad first year for a team that is really still in a rebuild mode.

Decent first half but second half was all Ravens…that’s what a No.1 seed is supposed to do. Lamar Jackson did his thing and the Ravens defense slammed the door on the Texans.

#70103 86 days ago
Quoted from Vino:

Now you are talking.
You have to be happy with this team.

Happy…shit…beyond that. Houston looks like they have a star QB…it was painful going through the Watson crap but CJ shows potential to be better perhaps. Texans have ALOT of improvement to do in other areas but based on this season they may be heading in the right direction.

Now back to the playoffs….and I am off to work.

#70115 86 days ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Portillos beef sandwich and playoff football, Life is good!
[quoted image]

Till we get one in Houston I am stuck and mail order it about twice a year…

#70117 86 days ago

Go Pack!

#70161 86 days ago

Pack needs a TD….cant keep settling for 3 all night.

#70216 86 days ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

This game makes the Texans look like amateurs. Houston had way too many unforced pre-snap errors.

Exactly…..at the end of it Baltimore showed up for the second half and just dominated but the Texans had way too many false starts….they really didn’t decide the game but certainly didn’t help. Poor discipline on the O-line. No excuse for that many at the pro level. It can be fixed and certainly better than watching a bad secondary intentionally PI every play because they can’t cover.

#70229 86 days ago

That stings….left the door open for the Niners

#70569 85 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If Allen throws an INT early he's gonna spiral out of control.

Yep….but if the Bills have no TO’s they can win.

#70739 85 days ago

Game over.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pickle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=pickle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.