Topic Stats

• 20,738 posts
  • 352 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by fosaisu
  • Topic is favorited by 26 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,662 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

SuperBowl-1-smokebreak-halftime (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200128-003527~2 (resized).png
57500D1A-727D-42C2-9F67-9C723800EB36 (resized).png
di_05812 (resized).jpg
image0000004fc (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200125-201131_Chrome (resized).jpg
C2CB3CCD-5195-4703-829A-D8E9B2F87047 (resized).png
AD843E98-1AFB-4D62-83AF-8ECD7375F700 (resized).png
FB_IMG_1579918812656 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image2 (resized).png
pasted_image1 (resized).png
6569E1C0-A261-470F-AA09-2DD466C0FED2 (resized).jpeg
D2B5E4B6-0A6D-46C7-BBE0-E6F1E0845C29 (resized).jpeg
dirtbagg66 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200121-215840_Chrome (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8571 3 years ago

Wow. As much as i like the patriots and are happy they are winning, its alot more fun when the games are closer and i have to drink a few beers to calm my nerves

#8594 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It was a rollercoaster season for me. I'm definitely bummed to see GB bumped again in the postseason, but it seems a bit easier to accept since we were obviously outmatched. We'll lick our wounds and hopefully explore FA to make another run next year.
I'll be hoping the Falcons can pull one out. They seem to have the talent to take this one. Overall, I just want to see a better game than what most of the playoffs have offered.. how about the first SB to go into OT?

I kind of wish gb won so we could see a remach from 1996 patriots vs. Green bay. I was only 6 when that game happened but i still remember watching it.

#8629 3 years ago

Anyone want to take a poll. Kust curious who pinside favors.

Ps. My gues is anyteam but the patriots

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/patriots-v-falcons-who-do-you-want-to-win

#8634 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Houston stadium is artificial turf right? Does this give Atlanta an edge? All their playoff games were on turf vs patriots playoff games in outdoor cold grass weather.

Pats play on turf also but they aint no soft dome team like atlanta. Move the superbowl to a tough cold climate and watch the dome teams sh*t their pants.

* bring on the anti pats down votes

#8646 2 years ago

Only way to reduce concussions is to reduce impact. Period. Helments dont do much when concussions are caused by your brain bouncing around the INSIDE of your head. Cant put a helmet in there.

Even small collisions over time cause CTE in athletes. Have them start playing flag football and you will see less concussions along with less revenue. Never going to happen. The nfl doesnt care about player safety they just care about money

1 week later
#8715 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

gotta love all the massholes show up for the first time this year in the thread, lol.

??????
Its 75 percent against the pats 25 percent for. Check the poll i put up.

No wonder most patriots fans were not posting because everyone was against them. People wanted the falcons to win just b/c they hate the pats...

#8776 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The Pats are now 5-4 in Super Bowls, and that puts the Falcons at 0-2. The team the Patriots couldn't seem to beat in either Bowl they played, The Giants are 4-1.
I'd say Eli Manning's two rings are still shining brighter than any of Brady's five.

Brady is 5 and 2 in super bowls.

Love how all you non pats fans feel the need to downplay what brady has accomplished over the years. Trying to find any excuses to make you feel better about your own teams failures. Makes me smile

#8778 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

As a Giants fan I like the way you think, but we should probably all just accept at this point that Brady's an exceptional QB. (A wang in real life, of course, but an exceptional QB).
That said, it makes me smile knowing how many sleepless nights Brady has had on his Beautyrest Black thinking back to the Giants defense crushing him.

I would have loved to see another patriots giants game. I was actually hopeing for that just so we would have a chance to redeem ourselves against the giants lol. Although if we lost again eli would definately look like a god.

#8787 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No I was simply up playing what Eli Manning accomplished. Going 2-0 in Super Bowls and beating the supposed best team in recent years twice. There's no getting past that no matter how you look at it.
Just as Joe Montana's legacy would not be the same if he had been beat twice by a team like the Bills in Super Bowls when those teams were involved.
5 rings is epic, but there will always be the team that was better in Super Bowls, the New York Giants.

He only made it to 2 superbowls... if brady stopped making it to superbowls after his FOURTH season in the league would be 3-0. So now the fact he made it a few more times and lost doesnt make it worse only better.

Giants were a wildcard team and beat the patriots so good for them they played a hell of a game. Just not going for the fact his two rings are "shinier" than bradys.

#8831 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let me put it this way. There is no denying that the Patriots have become a dynasty in a time when dynasties aren't supposed to exist anymore and a legacy team of their own. I give them all the respect in the world for that. They have gone beyond the call of duty.
But, in the bowls they have met other legacy or prior dynasty franchises, they just couldn't pull it off. Came up short. And they had their chances. Those are the facts. That's all, and good night.

Man your trying too hard...

#8833 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

dont waste your time Odin. These guys cant see further than Brady's coin purse and are busy with other things. They are incapable of even grasping the reality of what you say.

#8836 2 years ago
Quoted from Blitzburgh99:

Super Bowl Cheers:
* Houston host city was outstanding
* Halftime show - Lady Gaga pulled it off alone with no special guests, and made no political statements
* Greatest Super Bowl comeback ever!
Super Bowl Jeers:
* Commercials that got political (the Super Bowl is to escape reality, not used as a venue for political opinions)
* Honoring black-only Hall of Famers during pre-game. (Will next year be a white-only celebration?)
* Patriots fans being classless and booing the Commissioner during trophy presentation. Winning the game with Brady MVP wasn't enough of a middle finger to him? You try to keep a league full of thugs in order, and let me know how good you could do.

Why do you assume its a league full of thugs? Pretty nasty assumption. Yes there are people who make it look bad for everyone but dont assume its a league full of thugs because not everyone is under that assumption

#8856 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I give them the benefit of the doubt by including all their SB victories since Belichick and Brady came together and calling it one dynasty. It may not have happened all in a few years, but it's actually pretty amazing that even in most years they didn't win they almost always had an outstanding record and made the playoffs.
I guess it depends on how you define a football dynasty. It's tough to say though because during that time both the Steelers and Giants won two Super Bowls each.

Its tough to describe a dynasty with all the same players on the same team. Teams and coaches change so often that all people really care about it the logo. Thats it. Im a pats but if brady went to the bronco or colt ect. i would still be rooting for the logo regardless of the person in the uniform. Kind of weird when you think about it.

#8860 2 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

First let me say I am a Pat's fan that being said this shit is funny ยป YouTube video

Haha hilarious

1 month later
#8921 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Fyi today is 3.28, now an official Patriots holiday apparently.

Why?

#8924 2 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

The score was 3 to 28 late in the third quarter. Amazing. 3.28.

Oooo I get it now. That was a long stretch.

#8927 2 years ago

What do you guys think about the Patriots talking to Adrian Peterson? I'm a Pat's fan and I thought it was a dumb idea.

#8929 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If they get him for cheap why not? Pats for sure aren't going to give him anywhere near the 8 million or whatever he's looking for...so get him cheap and stick him on the team with the standard RBBC.
I don;t know if AD would do it though...he's got too many mouths to feed and needs monies more than a ring is my guess?

Seems like they would take a huge pr hit if they did. Also Johnathon Kraft stated displeasure for players like him when the incident happened.

I also just heard that ap has the same manager as Richard Sherman and the Patriots are looking to make a deal with the Seahawks for him. That could be the reasoning for talking to him

#8931 2 years ago

Aaron Hernandez was cut when everything went down and AP whipped his kid and left marks on him including his scrotum. It's a little different

#8933 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Stop the homer bullshit please.

Right, but people don't mention that anymore, all they talk aboot are injuries & his age. my POV is that won;t casue much negative PR from what I've seen...maybe closer to home though.

That's just how I feel. Not trying to be a homer. When they drafted him they didn't know he was going to kill anyone.

There is a lot of talk around here saying the pats should never have brought him in

#8935 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly, because he was a known piece of shit, but they brought him in to help them win. He was shady the whole damn time
time.
Anyway That's my feeling on the PR slant from "somewhat" middle 'Merica. Weather he's got the juice to be a #1 RB in the league I have no idea. The guy is a goddamn beast...it wouldn't surprise me if he Corey Dillon's this thing...although Dillon was solid his entire career before going Pats.

When I said the pats should never have brought him in I was talking about AP

#8937 2 years ago

Ok I was just wondering in general what people outside of new England think. Radio was all over the Patriots for talking to him

2 weeks later
#8961 2 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Updated injury report: Aaron Hernandez (neck) out indefinitely

Funny I guess lol. It's more of a tragety when you think of everyone involved. The people he killed, their families ect. Also I feel really bad for his daughter. That's not a good life to grow up in and it's a shame what happened. If the Patriots do end up having to give aarons family his bonus money I would hope they could give it to his daughter and start a college fund or something for her. Also the victim LS families deserve it too. Sad sad story.

#8964 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh did he have a murder/prison/suicide clause in his contract? Smarter than I thought.

I'm pretty sure if he got convicted they would not need to pay him his bonus money. But since he appealed it and died before the trial then he is technically cleared of all the charges. Forget what it's called but it's some wierd Massachusetts rule.

#8973 2 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

does someone want to start a new tread for the current season?
Maybe it will bring some much needed luck for my Bears

bought-a-chicago-bears-bedset-and-now-i-cant-score-527223 (resized).png

5 months later
#9390 2 years ago

ea-29-comp-ghettogronk-nick-folk-lining-up-for-kicks-28149930 (resized).png

#9401 2 years ago

Odell looks like he's out for the season. Dam that ankle almost snapped

3 months later
#10275 2 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I only remotely get pissed when some patriots fan takes a shot at me.
But then I just laugh it off because they are some of the biggest clowns there are.

Dude it's only football. It's a game, no reason to get upset. Every comment you made is about how the refs help the Patriots win this year. Look at how Tom Brady has been playing. Those 4th quarter comebacks are legit whether you want to admit it or not.

I know it sucks to root against him and I fully understand how people want the pats to lose. If I didn't live in new England I would want them to lose too. But don't be that dude bitching about the refs after the game is over. It just makes you come across as a sore loser.

1 week later
#10445 1 year ago

Dam... Well at least it was a very entertaining game. Congrats to the eagles.

#10486 1 year ago

What I really want to know is why they benched Malcolm Butler? One of the better tacklers on the team and they desperately needed to make better tackles. Unfortunately Bill will never let us know why he made that (poor) decision.

#10487 1 year ago
Quoted from o-din:

Which NFL franchise has lost the most super bowls?

Which nfl franchise has been to half the Superbowls in the last 16 years

d03b2743812b4311afa4943423961b249c226db2 (resized).jpg

#10491 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and they still lost to a backup QB being coached by a backup...
you would think with all their talent and experience that they could have won this one. LOL. nice capstone for TB12, definitely seems that ego got ahead of them.

Talent and experience don't always win. Remember when the 2001 Patriots beat the Rams? Who was the more talented team then? Don't always assume the favorite is going to win. Plus Brady had a good game. Put up the most passing yards in a playoff game. Patriots defense was terrible though.

#10500 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

really? That sack fumble was his poor decision (ego got in his way that time). Combined with his inability to catch that pass...
I would say those were the 2 biggest plays that would have changed the game.

Whatever man. You had to scratch up two reasons why he did bad when there are multiple reasons he did good. Your usually not worth arguing with cuz I know it will never end. Congrats to the eagles they played a great game and congrats to Nick foles who played his heart out and deserves the win.

#10505 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

It was a very entertaining game, but if there is anyone that the loss rests on, it is squarely on TB12 and coaching decisions.

So the defense that gave up 41 points against a backup QB deserves no blame but a QB that threw 3 TD passes with 0 interceptions and broke the record for most yards in a playoff game deserves blame? Wow your unbelievable

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Sale Pending!
Chicagoland, IL
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 21.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 19.99
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mfsrc791.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside