5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (89 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (42 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11367 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not to mention we all know the bullshit that can happen when you are depending on your kicker to win a game. Ask the Steelers about that. Or a bunch of other teams yesterday. Ain't nobody feeling sorry for goddamn St. Louis LOL.
Fact is the rams aren't built to win games against teams like the Bears 9-6. Just not their thing.
Their offense gets shut down? Prepare to eat some shit. That's life.

Levi, the Rams are no longer in St. Louis...

#11369 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right they play in Vegas now I think?

No, I think that the Steelers moved there. It fits...

#11539 5 years ago
Quoted from timtim:

What a ugly game but a win is a win go browns

Offense gets them a few points then the defense takes over the game. I would love to see the Browns get a wildcard spot.

#11543 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

There are 4 AFC teams at 7 and 6, and the Steelers at 7 - 5 - 1, that are still ahead of the Browns in the play-offs race.
Which of those teams will post another loss this weekend?
4 of the 5 games are AFC vs NFC match-ups. Will the NFC teams win 3 of these 4 games?
Dolphins are at Minn
Titans at NYG
Cowgirls at Indy
Bucs at Baltimore
...and crap. vvv----- I guess I'm gonna pull for the Patriots to win this one.
N.E. Pats at Pittsburgh

If Greg Williams miraculously gets the Browns to the playoffs, he should definitely get the head coaching gig. Hell, with the way they have looked since Jackson and Haley got fired, they should give him a chance.

#11582 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How come NOBODY is talking about the big Bengals win yesterday? Who Dey Baby!

The correct term is Who-Dat!

#11588 5 years ago

Saints look much like they did against the Cowboys. Can only afford to lose 1 of the last three and still have 1st seed.

#11619 5 years ago

The Steelers played well. Really hard to beat NOLA in the dome. I hope they bench Brees until the first playoff game. Bridgewater needs the reps.

#11631 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Im just thankful my Cowboys have clinched the division.
Of course, if philly gets eliminated...that would be a stockibg stuffer.

I would be nervous about playing Seattle in the playoffs if I was a Cowboys fan. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year and Pete has them playing well.

1 week later
#11721 5 years ago

My pics today are:

Indy
Seattle
LAC
Philly

By picking these teams, I have probably cursed them.

#11787 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Saints got clobbered at home against the lowly Panthers last week. And lost to the lowly Bucs at home as well.

Did you watch the game? No Brees or Kamara. Ingram was in the game during first quarter.

Oh, and we already beat the Eagles 48 to 7 at home.

#11817 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

My pics today are:
Indy
Seattle
LAC
Philly
By picking these teams, I have probably cursed them.

Ok, so 3 out of 4.

This weeks totally screwy picks:
NO
KC
Rams
LAC (Rivers last hurrah)

#11838 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll admit I was wrong...if you admit that you watched the Fly Eagles Fly video I posted above and sang along with it as it played.

Can't wait to see that post!

#11851 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wrong. Hue will not take over as HC in Cincy. The next HC will come from outside the current group, if they were going to hire from within it would have been done and over with now.

Agree.

I was surprised that Greg Williams didn't get the nod at Cleveland. The team played well under him and Kitchens as OC. Maybe bad blood between Williams and Mayfield?

#11858 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think Indy running game is much better now and they can win that way.

I still think KC has so much fire power it will be hard for Indy to keep up. Mahomes is a very potent weapon.

#11861 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

He's been fantastic to this point but, don't sleep on Luck he is playing at a very high level right now as well. Damn sure gonna be interesting, I look forward to it.

I agree. I thought enough of Luck to draft him as my fantasy QB. Mack has done a stellar job running the ball as of late too.

#11871 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

That’s because the parameters and equations used for Vegas speculation don’t include the plethora of bad and/or missed calls the refs make that actually impact the outcome of games.

Damn! You sound like an LSU fan. (That is a good thing by the way...we always get hosed by the refs...and Bama gets all the good calls)

#11889 5 years ago

I give the Eagles a 1 in 5 chance to beat the Saints at home. You guys need to keep Brees harassed like the Cowboys did to have a realistic shot.

Geaux Saints!

#11896 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Eagles vs Cowboys in the NFC championship game.. you read it here first people

Drinking and making football picks are bad.

#11903 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Eagles have a 44% chance of winning by 3 points or less, and that's talkin glass half full w/ Jack Daniels.

I don't know Mike. I am starting to have doubts...

It would be super cool to watch the game with some Eagles fans. Maybe I can go to Walkons and watch the game at the bar.

#11937 5 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Cowboys are out, all's right in the world again.

So, home teams won today. I really think the Chargers will beat the Pats at home.

I think the NO/Philly game will be a fun one to watch.

#11953 5 years ago

Not looking good for visiting teams in the playoffs this weekend. I have not seen the Pats offense look this good all season...

#11958 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Your perception will change come 4:40.

LOL, I hope not. I do expect a closer game than all the other playoff games this weekend. Looking for a 30-24 final...but hell, it could be 56-52.

#11960 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Pats vs KC going to be one hell of a game

Agree. Whoever has the better defense that day should win in a squeaker.

#11963 5 years ago

Why does Nola's offense look like the Jets offense right now?

#11965 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Courtesy of pressure from Eagles D.

Pocket is collapsing on nearly every throw for Brees. Saints D finally getting pressure on Foles. Should be an entertaining second half.

#11967 5 years ago

That 10 minute drive has got to wind a defense.

#11975 5 years ago

As a Saints fan, my gut feeling now is we lose by a point...21-20. It's the story of our franchise...

#11986 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Are you always so douchey? I’m not jumping on any bandwagon. Now it just becomes about gambling.
I said they had a 65% chance, and it went the other way.

Super close game. Definitely the best game of the weekend.

Eagles defense was pretty damn good today. Good luck next season with Foles/Wentz as the starter.

#12012 5 years ago

You guys know that by making political jokes that you will be moderated, right?

#12014 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Players refusing to visit the WH is now considered "political"?
Yikes. What a time to be alive!

Why stir this pot? This thread has been pretty civil as of late.

So players refusing to visit the white house is not political?

What a time to be alive!

#12018 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

we can only hope. Just report him and move on. If you engage then he gets what he wants.

I am a moderator, so I was trying to warn against political crap in the thread before moderating. It doesnt always work...

So, who do you guys have in this weekend's games?

I picked against the Pats last week and that was a mistake. They look really well balanced.

Leaning towards picking a visiting team victory in both games...against my Saints.

#12021 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

It's been established that picking against your team is a weak move. Why is it weak? Because you win either way.
Your team loses = told you guys so!
Your team wins = YOUR TEAM WINS!

Lol! I just dont like the way the Saints offense looks right now. They hit the skids in week 12 and have not been nearly as potent as before.

#12024 5 years ago

I stuck with them since I started watching football in 1974. I thought Archie Manning was the best QB ever. (7 wins woo hoo)

I will still pull for them to win, but the gambler in me says may have to bet against them.

Also, I never bet on a LSU game. The Tigers make me an emotional gambler which is a sure fire way to lose.

Bet like Spock, win like Saban!

#12043 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right, a coach who has also won ZERO without Brady and was a failure in Cleveland.
Will be interesting to see if Bill is still such a genius when Brady finally retires. If he's smart he'll hang 'em up the same day.

But which coach isn't a failure in Cleveland?

Edit: he was 36-44 at Cleveland and they went 11-5 the season before he was fired.

#12050 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gregg Williams.
So they fire him.

Corrected for Williams 5-3

He still has the stink of bounty gate on him thanks to our crappy NFL commish.

#12073 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You need to be more honest with yourself. Cassel started 1 year. Grolopalow handfull of starts. Bledsoe was a good QB

But, how good would Brady be without Coach Belichick?

I love Brees, but Payton has done wonders for his career. Look at his stats in San Diego before the injury.

#12116 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

dirtbag loves his bandwagons
Like...what's wrong with a fuckin' bandwagon? there are 32 teams and 28 of them are out.
Not all of us are degenerate gamblers, so you need to come up with someone to root for.

Hey watch out! Some of us are just plain gamblers thank you very much.

#12132 5 years ago

My crummy picks for the weekend:

Saints over Rams 38-35
Chiefs over Patriots 42-41

#12169 5 years ago

Well, we lost the game. The non call was huge, but we should have protected Brees better on the OT drive.

Good luck Rams. I will be pulling for you against the Pats or against you if you play the Chiefs.

Looks like I may be 0 for 2 in my games this week...

#12174 5 years ago

The non call was also helmet to helmet and should have been flagged as a personal foul...

I lost my shit for a while after the call. I hoped we would play well enough to win despite the non call.

Rams played a helluva game.

#12388 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

Can we talk more about someone giving Hilton a nut-punch? ( it did win the poll by a landslide.... )That, would make me feel much better about this whole thing.

No derailing the Saints love train.

#12394 5 years ago

Cheat Harder: the story of the New England Patriots

#12396 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

are Pinside Moderators allowed to troll? Not a complaint because I think the Mods on this site are excellent, just wondering...

Not a troll, but forgive me for taking sides.

Whiners never win: the story of the 2018 New Orleans Saints. ( It hurt for me to type that, but that was a missed call.)

1 week later
#12511 5 years ago

Not watching the game fellas. My only home is that the refs blow another call and cost somebody the game. (Very salty today)

#12513 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Game was called excellently and cleanly actually. Probably the best called game I’ve seen all season.
Sorry man.

How do you think the Saints would have done against the Pats Levi?

#12538 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And so it begins. All the Saints fans will be pouting that they would have beat the Pats and that the Rams didn't deserve to be there. Saints could barely beat a banged up eagles team at home. Lost at home to a Rams team that only scored 3 points against the Patriots. No chance the Saints would have beat the Patriots.
I should act like a Saints fan and complain that the Rams would have won if the Refs had called a pass interference on the play before Goffs interception. The pats player clearly grabbed and held down the Rams receivers arm.
But nope. I refuse to be a pathetic whiner. It was a good no call.

Seriously dude?

It would have been a higher scoring game with the Saints there for sure. Just glad I didn't watch the game.

2 weeks later
#12737 5 years ago

Let's calm down guys, especially you Levi.

Kraft was accused of a crime. Let's see if it sticks. There have been a few recent news stories where social media and regular media rushed to judgement.

(disclaimer-my personal opinion, not posting as a Pinside Moderator)

#12753 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah, but at the end of the day... these were strip mall asian massage palors giving hand jobs from 50+yr old asian ladies... that's not really suit and tie kind of environment.
Its like Tiger Woods getting busted with the fat ugly waitress or whatever she was... the guy could have anything in the kingdom on a whim.. with discretion... and he goes trailer trash. Just perplexing

Adrenaline rush from "walking on the wild side".

9 months later
#16394 4 years ago

It's a shame the 49ers/ Saints game is not the Monday night game.

#16432 4 years ago

Please bring the discussion back to football guys. Take it to PM if you guys want to exchange Christmas cards.

#16436 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Might be good or might not. Minnesota is so up and down I just don't know. I'll be watching regardless though.

If they could get Thielen healthy again, Cousins would have a lot easier time making throws...

#16476 4 years ago

It looks like several members of the Seahawks have the flu. I needed Lockett to have a good game in my fantasy league, so he won't do squat. I am going Vikes tonight.

#16480 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I need Chris Carson to light it up

Locket definitely was suffering from flu symptoms. I didn't hear anything about Carson.

#16504 4 years ago

I need 40 yards from Wilson to win my other game. I too think the Vikes may be done. Defense still has not given up yet though.

#16541 4 years ago

If that's the case, why is Rudolph on the bench? I think there is more to this story than the league is saying publicly.

#16572 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well i don't use that word in real life so thats why i don't say it and i would also get moderated if i did say it so im obviously not going to say it. The point is nobody should care if someone calls them a name. Names don't hurt you. Sticks and stones.........

That is a slippery slope Who-Dey . Let’s just continue to talk about football here.

#16725 4 years ago

Trubisky is horrible, but Dallas seems to find a way to lose.

You have arguably the best running back in the league and don’t utilize him in the last 1 and 1/2 quarters, you deserve to lose.

I got the Cowboys in this one as much as it pains me to say so.

#16735 4 years ago

Is Mayfield going to be able to play a full game with his hand messed up?

I plan to start him in my fantasy league as Rivers has stunk it up the last 5 weeks...

#16749 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Kitchens is gone at the end of the year no question.

As a bandwagon Browns fan I hope so...

#16780 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No big penalty here. Chargers must all be on dope.

That would explain Phillip Rivers play this year.

#16789 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Dallas going to lose as Garrett continues to show he's just a mediocre coach. I sick of it, wish Dallas would make a change for the much better in coaching. Crazy thing is that Washington still is mathematically alive to win the division at 7-9.

I agree. The team looks worse than last week. If Trubisky doesn't throw the pick in the red zone, this is a 24 to 7 game at the half.

#16795 4 years ago

Did any of you guys see how Garrett looks on the sideline? He had a thousand yard stare...

1 week later
#17648 4 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

The Falcons turned it around since their bye. It looks like Dan Quinn saved his job when it looked like he was going to get canned prior to their bye.

But is that a good thing for Falcons fans?

2 weeks later
#18791 4 years ago

Thanks to those who are keeping this thread on football. Off topic discussions or insults will result in moderation and /or ejection.

#19054 4 years ago

That was a great pair of games today. I hope the two games tomorrow are just as exciting.

4 weeks later
1 week later
#21281 4 years ago

That Houston/LA game was fun to watch. I like the kickoff rules and really like the extra point rules...

1 week later
#21521 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

That is hilarious. You have no idea how happy I am that Mayfield is a bust!

Can we really say that yet? He showed progress in his first year. I think most of what we saw least year could be placed on they lousy choice of coach.

#21524 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Progress in what? Filming commercials?

Oh yea. He got better at that too...

baker_2018 (resized).JPGbaker_2018 (resized).JPG
#21531 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

On a homer fan note, Howie Roseman was finally interviewed yesterday. Said that the team has been silent on the Clowney hit because they didn’t feel it would be beneficial to get fines and sanctioned by the NFL for commenting, losing draft picks, etc.
Then at the end of the interview, he said that it was an egregious hit, should’ve been called as a penalty and made him and Jeffrey Lurie sick. Now we’ll have to see if the NFL steps in.
Not to do anything to Clowney, but to fine the Eagles for saying something.
This league is a joke anymore. Teams can’t say anything or criticize players, refs or anything without suffering for it. Irony = the very same teams actually own the league.
I want a job where my bosses can’t criticize me without getting punished or sanctioned for it.

The owners have a monopoly. Pretty much shut up and play and fill our pockets with money.

I hope the players get a bit more during this collective bargaining period, but I doubt it.

#21532 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

How do you have progress in your first year as an NFL QB? Nothing to measure it by...well I guess 1st game vs. 16th game stats and the interim.
Bad coaching or not, he played two more games this year than last... yet his completion percentage went down by 4%, total yards only went up by 102 yards, YPG went down by 30, TD’s were 5 less, threw 7 more picks than last year.
I think he should spend less time filming commercials about bathrooms, and more time practicing.

His offensive line was crap all year. He picked up some bad throwing habits this year due to the pass rush and seemed to be rushing all his passes.

In his first year there was progress from early games to later games.

Somebody please tell me why I am defending Baker Mayfield...

#21534 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the owners are way too generous on how much they pay their players. None of us here get paid like they do thats for sure. The players salaries has ruined the NFL imo.

I think it's a balancing act. Dont the players get 47 or 48 percent of revenue?

#21558 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

As far as I know he's just guilty of being a bad football owner. Not a big deal really.

There are much worse things in life.

1 week later
4 weeks later
#22048 4 years ago

What about the NFL just keeping the PI review for playoff games? Why wouldn't that work?

#22107 4 years ago

Cooks has a history of concussions. I don't understand how you try to replace Hopkins with Cooks...

O'Brien never ceases to amaze me with his player moves...

1 week later
#22307 4 years ago

Who plans to take Tua? Will Jordan Love fall to the Saints?

This year, more than ever, I want to get together with my friends and drink beer while watching the draft.

#22310 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm predicting a Rodgers-esque fall for Tua. Injury concerns and a poor wunderlich might be enough to make teams reevaluate his selection.

Is it wrong if I ask he falls all the way to the Saints?

Not sure wonderlich scores give teams a true picture of the player. Didn't Ryan Fitzmagic have the highest score on the test?

#22408 4 years ago

Should be some good O-line talent available for the Browns at 10...

#22413 4 years ago

Ruggs over Jeudy? I don't understand that. Jeudy is a beast...

#22460 4 years ago

No complaints from me on the Vikings picks. They got a beast of a WR from the Diggs trade/pick and a CB. Both should be starters this season and both needed. Plus two more picks from their trade with SF.

They had a solid first round. You guys will love Jefferson...

#22501 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Hurts to Philly is ho lee chit material for me

A real head scratcher.

#22504 4 years ago

I like the 3 picks for the Saints. Great to get Ruiz in the first , Baun to shore up the LB corps , and Trautman was a steal this late. I though Trautman was a low 1st or early 2nd round guy.

Not much love for TEs in this draft so far.

#22535 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Kristian Fulton, CB #61: I only vaguely remembered this guy before he was picked, and never expected him to be an option. He got notoriety for a 2 year suspension for falsifying his potty test. His production was never impressive on a stacked team. What happens when he gets into a league with no weed test? Smoking a bowl and a bag of Cheetos every night. Terrible pick, bust written all over it.

I think you will like Fulton. He was ranked the number 3 corner in the draft by most sites and "could" have been a late first round pick.

His suspension was dropped to 1 year since he actually passed the pee test. Dumb decision by an 18 year old kid.

#22538 4 years ago

So, rumor mill says Winston to the Saints as a backup? I thought Taysom Hill was our backup QB.

Winston is a talent, but can they keep him from throwing so damn many interceptions?

#22659 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

How do you really feel Who Day I like Prescott, but if the rumors are true that he wants record setting money (rumor has it he wants close to $40M a year) I would tell him to pound salt. I think this was a pretty savvy move the Cowboys part.....Dalton isn't great, but he can win you football games, and there is zero chance Prescott is $33M-$37M greater than Dalton

I don't think you guys are giving Prescott enough credit. He had over 4900 yards in 2019 with 30 TDs and 12 picks. The play calling last year was crap and it seemed the Cowboys never made second half adjustments.

I think Dalton was a great price for a potential starting QB. He will give the team a bit of leverage while they negotiate a new contract.

#22665 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

How many seasons has he had like that? I'm not taking Daltons end here but if anyone gets sold short it's him. Lets see him operate behind that front line and with Elliot to set the tone and I think you'll see him in better light. Look at Daltons accomplishments since coming in as a starter out of college, he can offer Dallas options.

Prescott has shown good progression each year. (minus a bit of a sophomore slump)

I do agree that it would be interesting to see Dalton run the offense with that O-line and Zeke. I like Dalton and hope he lands a starting gig somewhere before he gets too old.

Biggest thing for the Cowboys this year will be the new coach and the play calling.

#22668 3 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I dont think Prescott is anywhere close to being considered an elite QB in the NFL. He couldn't hold Patrick Mahomes jock strap.

People made similar claims about Drew Brees at San Diego:

2005 Chargers 64.6 3,576 24 15 89.2

2004 Chargers 65.5 3,159 27 7 104.8

2003 Chargers 57.6 2,108 11 15 67.5

2002 Chargers 60.8 3,284 17 16 76.9

2001 Chargers 55.6 221 1 0 94.8

First year with Saints:

Saints 64.3 4,418 26 11 96.2

I think an innovative head coach and good GM can make a would of difference for a player...at least Dallas has one of those.

#22682 3 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Do you really think that the Cowboys head coach is innovative? I agree he's a good coach, but he had arguably the best QB in the league his entire helm, and the last several years he was terrible. I like Prescott as he plays hard, plays hurt, and seems like a good guy. That being said he's not worth anything near $40M a year. You can say what u want about Jones, but he's not stupid. Theres a reason he hasn't given into Prescotts demands.

More innovative than Garrett was for sure.

Add in that they are now stacked at receiver...

They still have secondary issues that were not addressed in the draft...Woods and Dix are merely OK...

It must be the Covid virus making me defend Dak and the Cowboys. The Boys are my second most hated team right behind the Falcons.

#22755 3 years ago

Skip Bayless said today that he believes Jones told Dalton he had a good chance to play/start this season. The Cowboys are making no headway in negotiations with Dak's agent so it gives them options.

Should be an interesting locker room...

#22762 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Skip Bayless is the fucking worst. Well, hes gotta be in the bottom 3.

I don't disagree, but he knows the Cowboys organization pretty well...

4 months later
#24873 3 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Did the 9'rs really just lose to the cards?

Yep

Hopkins for 151 yards. O'Brien is an idiot.

#24961 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Who does everyone like in tonight’s Ohio toilet bowl?

I like the Bengals tonight.

I didn't get to see Joe play last week so I am looking forward to a great game from Mr. Burreaux.

#24963 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Biggest thing I got from week one and Joe was he seemed completely unaffected by any negative play. I hope that continues.

He had a knack for that at LSU in 2018.

#24992 3 years ago

I am enjoying the game. Mayfield is playing with a chip on his shoulder. Burrow is looking good.

Should be a fun finish. On my 3rd beer, hope I make it to the end.

#25017 3 years ago

I just hope this poor kid can make it to the bye week. Brutal.
I've been in and out... is joe buck getting into the HOF? The NFL HOF?

Rozelle Award whatever the hell that is...

#25233 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Brees looks a bit off tonight

Brees has been off since he came back from the injury last year. His arm strength looks pretty bad this year...

And we got screwed on the PI penalty. Both guys were getting handsy on that route. ( Although it could be fan bias clouding my judgement)

1 week later
#25565 3 years ago

I still cannot figure out if Dallas is bad or Cleveland is actually good. Somebody enlighten me.

#25567 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cleveland is good.
And Dallas is bad.

Thank you good sir.

I hope that the Browns defense doesn't piss this game away.

#25578 3 years ago

Looks like the Bengals may win.

And the Saints finally put the game away...

#25590 3 years ago

First time I see the Bills play this year. Josh Allen has a cannon for an arm.

#25640 3 years ago

Good for the Texans. O'brien has made horrible personnel decisions and deserves the boot.

1 week later
#25898 3 years ago

Crazy game. Saints offense still looks disjointed most of the time.

1 week later
#26285 3 years ago

This game is so much better than I thought it would be.

2 weeks later
#26528 3 years ago

Watching the Saints dominate the first half of a game has been enjoyable. Problem is, as a Saints fan, we tend to screw the pooch in the second half.

Brady seems to be just throwing things up for grabs tonight. Not sure it its the rainy weather, but he doesn't look like his old self.

#26532 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Has Mike Evans ever fallen down and not got up extremely slowly?

He's a big guy.

Also, interesting stats:
QBR for the game
Drew Brees - 135.2
Taysom Hill - 118.8
Jameis Winston - 116.7
Tom Brady - 40.4

1 month later
#28194 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

SB prediction, KC vs GB. Mahomes takes it.

I think that is the most common pick among my friends and would make a great Superbowl.

I will go out on a limb as someone earlier did and say Saints VS Bills. The Saints vs Pack division game (if both teams make it) should be a wild one barring more Covid issues. Brees last run for a title...

#28198 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think it will come down to the Bills and KC for the AFC championship. Seattle and GB for the NFC. Bills and GB for SB.

RWH, counting the Saints out? I can understand that since Brees still looks like he is having trouble throwing with broken ribs.

#28360 3 years ago

This game is crazy. Heinecke is playing lights out.

#28367 3 years ago

That was a very good game. Washington has some very good play to build on next year.

#28377 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Baker has had a good year and Browns confidence is up. I say 27-21 Browns.
And I hate Rex Ryan. Why they would ever choose him for a TV spot is beyond me. He can’t even tie his tie correctly.

The Browns running game will have to be effective. If you put too much pressure on Baker, he tends to throw picks.

#28436 3 years ago

Defense finally looks tired.

I really don’t want to play Brady a third time this year.

#28606 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Damn fell asleep at half time but I see nothing changed OSU was just outclassed by Alabama period.

Maybe they should just give the natty to whoever wins the SEC west.

3 weeks later
#30298 3 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

These flags are bullshit. They might as well just hand the game to Brady.

This is my exact thought going into the second half. Evans pushes off every single play.

KC's defense seems much less disciplined than the regular season. I hope to see a more competitive second half.

#30468 3 years ago

As a Saints fan, I can't wait to see that awesome QB Jamis Winston start for us next year.

#30513 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

If Jameis ever matures, watch out. Lots of potential there. Kinda disappointed when the Bucs gave up on him. Not any more for an obvious reason.

All the physical talent in the world. If he could throw 30 tds and maybe only 15 picks, we might have a starter.

Phillip Rivers has been throwing the ball up for grabs for years and he had a nice long career.

1 month later
#31086 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

If it isn't Penei Sewell that would be upsetting.

I agree. As much as I love Chase, Sewell is the way to go.

#31090 3 years ago

Moss will not make the team. He was a pretty good possession receiver for the Tigers in 2019, but was going to need a lot of work (blocking, strength, route running) to be anything more than a run of the mill TE.

2 weeks later
#31136 2 years ago

I am also seeing that Chase looks like the Bengals target at 5. ( Per reddit ) I guess I get to watch poor Burrow run around for his life on every throw.

Could be a very interesting draft to watch this year. I hope there is as much intrigue as all the sporting press says there is...

#31143 2 years ago

The Saints need LB help and a #2 WR. I still think they go Zaven Collins at LB. Terrence Marshall is the interesting possible pick in that place. He would help make Winston look good across from Thomas.

#31184 2 years ago

I still have no idea why the Saints want to trade up into the top 10 picks. We have so many needs, seems senseless to give up draft capital unless there is a stud at a needed position.

#31188 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

If Olivia Munn can't make you happy nothing can.Maybe he gets the Jeopardy gig and walks away

Well, Danica Patrick and Kelly Rohrbach couldn't make him happy either.

kr_si (resized).jpgkr_si (resized).jpg
#31218 2 years ago

Solid pick for Dallas. Parsons could be a real stud in the NFL.

#31226 2 years ago

So, Mac Jones to the Pats? Crazy he fell that far with all the pre draft hype.

#31231 2 years ago

Crap, I was hoping Collins would fall a bit lower to the Saints.

Where is Crazylevi? We don't always agree on thing but he is entertaining as hell.

4 months later
#32087 2 years ago

The Saints defense looks really good. It also looked like Aaron has lost his will to play, sadly.

2 weeks later
#32747 2 years ago

It was a good weekend of football for me. The Saints won, the Bucs lost, and Burrow had a great game for the Bengals.

#32873 2 years ago

After 3 games in the books, what do you guys think your teams biggest weakness is?

For my Saints, QB play. Winston still has the bad habit of throwing balls up for grabs. He is also throwing short passes with the occasional 50 yard bomb. Either Payton believes in this guy or not. I don't think Taysom Hill is a real answer to the QB problem. Ran like a FB against the Patriots to put the game away.

Both QB's have fumbling issues when they try to extend a play.

Hopefully we can fix more of Winston's issues before we play the rest of the NFC South.

#32924 2 years ago

Bengals looking much better in the 3rd quarter.

#32936 2 years ago

Uzomah getting stuff done for the Bengals

#32987 2 years ago

The Saints couldn't find any kicker over the past week to replace Rosas? I could kick better than that fu$#er.

#33013 2 years ago

The New Orleans Saints, making even the Giants look good.

#33132 2 years ago

I got my wish and the Saints released Rosas. Not sure if that means Lutz is healthy or we get another scrub to kick for us.

#33286 2 years ago

That was a bad hit on Taysom Hill.

So we get a kicker now that can't hit an extra point. Classic.

Levi, we are making the Football Team look good.

#33289 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Burrow is hurt again, he wasn't going to make a first down on that run, there is no way he should of led with head at the end, he should have slid.

Sadly , he plays every down like its his last. Loved it when he was at LSU but makes him injury prone.

#33313 2 years ago

The ball is thrown two yards out of bounds and Lattimore gets called for PI. Way to go refs.

1 week later
#33591 2 years ago

This is a great game, but us old folks need sleep. Good luck Hawks!

1 week later
#33880 2 years ago

I wouldn't say Metcalf owned Lattimore. He had 2 receptions for 96 yards and one of them was an 84 yarder when the defender fell down.

The Saints offense if very hit or miss this year. Thank heavens for the defense.

#34026 2 years ago

Trevor Simien is now the Saints starter since Jamis got hurt. Let that sink in...

#34046 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Why haven't the Saints picked up Cam already?

Taysom Hill comes off the concussion protocol this week. Hill should start and add some variety to the offense until his next concussion.

1 month later
#36347 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

My wife and I quit watching the Redskins/Cowboys at 10PM. I guess these COVID blowout games are expected if they keep the money making league going. Hopefully the Dolphins can put on their Cowboy's impersonation tonight against the COVID Saints.

That won't happen tonite. Book it!

#36354 2 years ago

Joey B looks like he got what he wanted for Christmas.

Screenshot_20211227-113341_Reddit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211227-113341_Reddit (resized).jpg
#36363 2 years ago

Well, Ian Book certainly looks good tonite.

#36580 2 years ago

This damn Cincy game is going to give me a heart attack. Hope Joe isn't hurt.

#36591 2 years ago

Do the Bengals not have a RB that can jump over a pile? I guess Joe has to do everything himself.

It looked like they weren't trying to score on 1st and 2nd down.

#36600 2 years ago

Then give the ball to a RB and let him get tackled. Why put your franchise QB in a big pigpile twice and possibly get injured? Stupid.
Anyways, congrats Bengals fans.

I agree, but Joe is a tough bastard.

#36628 2 years ago

The Saints/Panthers game is a real slugfest. Fun to watch if you like defense. ( Or lack of offense)

1 week later
#37077 2 years ago

Watching this Saints/Falcons game while trying to keep an eye on the Rams/Niners game is killing me.

#37079 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Maybe next year harumph

I feel the same way Gryzzz.

Yea, we have so fricking many injuries, may be better if we don't go to the playoffs. It was an amazing job of coaching by Payton this season after Jamis got hurt.

11 months later
#49930 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:Again the REAL Bellicheck would be firing all these coaches and benching all these players; what a shit show.

I agree. What an awful way to lose.

2 weeks later
#50859 1 year ago

I read via twitter that he was on life support. Pulse but not breathing on his own. So sad...

1 week later
#51989 1 year ago

Miami is making the receivers pay for every catch. Crazy how much pressure they are putting on Allen.

#52483 1 year ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

[quoted image]

Not sure the haters will look the same next week. I expect them to get blown out by the Niners.

#52609 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Ive seen +3.5/4 .... basically home field advantage spread

Seeing that too. Maybe some of us will be eating crow picking the Niners.

#52833 1 year ago

They were on the opponent's 40, so not really.

I can see later in the game, but on first drive? Sounds like something Sean Payton would do.

#53749 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

btw I think NO will finally move on from the amazing Michael Thomas contract. Maybe he follows Payton?

God, I hope so. Even if it's to the broadcast booth.

Saint's are pretty much demanding at least a first round pick for the rights to SP.

#53819 1 year ago

The legend! Nobody really wears pink denim well.

Fnl9VgkXEAArIsN (resized).jpgFnl9VgkXEAArIsN (resized).jpg
#53848 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Didn't Cam dress like that all the time? I think Burrow just does it on game day.

Yea, that's supposedly what he walked into Arrowhead wearing. I like the "sorry" on the tshirt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jodester.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=jodester and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.