pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (88 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (41 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eightball88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14485 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Eagles 34, Packers 21

Is that the score, or the number of penalties?

#14634 4 years ago

Bills 3-0 and taking the Pats deep into the fourth quarter?!?

Looks around for sinister-looking horsemen...surely they are imminent.

Enjoying it while it lasts

#14636 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Bills D is no joke.

True dat. Plus, the Pats sometimes bring out the best from the Bills.

#14643 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Is this going to be one of those[quoted image]

Wow Odin, I just heard those trumpets and facenda’s voice in my head (or was it kalas’ voice, not sure). Thanks for the flashback.

3 weeks later
#15366 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Inability to spot QB talent is one of the worst flaws someone could have. Former QBs seem to be the worst at it. Looking at you, Elway.

At least he knew enough that Tebow was not his QB of the future, despite winning a playoff game....so there’s that. I was actually surprised at how much good football Peyton Manning had left in the tank.

1 month later
#16173 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sadly the wrong Kraft.

Quoted from embryonjohn:

Robert Kraft has donated well over 100 million over the past 10 years alone.
His philanthropic work is the stuff of legend.
He’s adored by every player (except AB) that’s ever come through NE.
His work on behalf of the league is tireless.
He’s brought 6 Lombardi trophies home to Boston/NE.
He just took a plane full of players to the Holy Land on a spiritual mission.
He’s a wildly successful businessman.
...and...and...he got that Tug-gate tape squashed and withheld from the public.
That’s one talented humanitarian of a tool.

Plus he “donated” that SB ring to V. Putin! What a mensch....

#16426 4 years ago

I liked this thread much better when the discussion was actually about nfl football. Maybe some folks here can duke it out on their own special “you are smelly, no YOU are smelly” thread?

#16431 4 years ago

This is my favorite portion of the regular season, with so many meaningful games. We get to find out which teams are truly good and which teams are not really as good as their current won-loss record. I’m looking at you, Bills

For the record I am a bit of a Bills fan, dictated mostly by geography, and I’d be thrilled if they went to the playoffs and actually won a game. I am more of an overall nfl fan who enjoys watching good football...

#16577 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

What context did the MNF game appear?
Not sure if you noticed but on the Wilson slap INT the announcer said "it went down pinball style!!!"
It's everywhere!
Good game but I went to sleep at the end of the 3rd quarter. Still suffering bus lag.

I heard that too (the pinball reference on the int)! Then later in the broadcast they showed the Seattle Pinball Museum (featuring a MNF pin). Plus, it was a very entertaining game to watch. I even thought the announcers were better than usual last night....

#16578 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Maybe Stern will make a pinball machine with him in another uniform like Bally did with Bobby Orr on the Black Hawks
...still a head-shaker in these parts...

Yeah, although he played a little bit with the Blackhawks it is jarring to see him not in yellow and black. Plus, he played hockey left-handed, dammit! Oh...and when was the last time Team Canada wore blue and white?? Despite all this I still like BOPP and would love to own one some day.

Sorry, back to nfl football now

#16608 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it will make him feel any better, I spent three and a half hours Sunday afternoon with the Chargers game on.

If you add the Browns, ya got the 2019 trifecta of very disappointing NFL teams. They oughtta hold a tournament or something for the title....

#17093 4 years ago

My favorite call yesterday was the non call for PI on the saints’ fake punt. Too many teams are just lobbing up passes hoping to get a cheap PI call and I’m glad it didn’t work in this case. It kinda looked like Payton was unclear in the rule, unless he really feels holding should be called on EVERY SINGLE punt play.

Is it me or does it seem there are multiple awesome games every week this season?

#17095 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

There was no PI on that play.....so it was called correctly

Agreed. I was happy with the noncall. Perhaps that was not clear in my post?

#17109 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

At halftime they were 100 percent booing the team off the field.

I was saying “boo-urns” - Hans Moleman

Seriously though, the booing at the end of both halves sure sounded like it was expressing dissatisfaction with home team. You used to hear the same kind of booing at the Montreal forum in the 70s when the Habs dared to not dominate opponents. In those days the fans were 100% behind the team, win or tie (just don’t tie too often).

#17194 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Rush would have been canned before halftime of his first game for pulling a Jimmy the Greek I'm sure.

I’m sure this actually happened about 15 years ago, with pretty much this exact outcome. Ok, he lasted more than one half of football, but he didn’t last long at all until he was let go for.....well....acting like Rush Limbaugh.

3 weeks later
#18735 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

It was about football, and now I think it’s a plot summary of The Grapes of Wrath.

Well played. I lolled. That monty python sketch also came to mind, you know the one...

Oh and.....go Bills! I love me some nfl playoff football!

#18856 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

We're allowed to have "second" favorite teams? What are we, 12 years old?!?

Quoted from dirtbag66:

I've always loved this mentality:
Say your favorite team is going to lose and if they do you can say, "See, I was right!"...
And if they win, well, your favorite team won and you are happy!
Stupid.

Hey, thanks for gracing us with your presence here even though some of us are childish idiots. I even have a third favourite team, if you can believe it! I guess I enjoy nfl football like a kid enjoys candy.

#18857 4 years ago

Oh I forgot.....

Go Bills!

#19541 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think Brady goes out just like everybody else. A year or two too late, embarrassing himself.
Don’t forget he’s been telling anybody who will listen he’s a starting qb till 45.
Who does he think he is, steve deberg?!

Maybe he thinks he can pull a George Blanda and be elected “king of the world!”

#19751 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Combine these two, shake with ice and you’ve got yourself a liquid PB&J...[quoted image][quoted image]

Brilliant. Does it taste good? Asking for a friend

#19883 4 years ago

This is more like it! We have a game

Call up your friends and tell them to turn the tv back on

#19886 4 years ago

What was that!?! I hope it counts

4 weeks later
#21321 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think Cleveland for whatever reason turns players into douche bags. Seems like it happens to every player that goes there.

The signs were clear as day, before he even got drafted by the browns.

1 month later
#21729 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He isn't, he's on the browns.

That’s some damn funny sh!t right there...

8 months later
#27009 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Village people and most of US love that chili!

I ordered skyline chili once on a road trip, not knowing what it was. When it arrived I thought wtf, this is chili?

But I ate it, and it was good! I almost finished the ginormous serving they brought me. If I am ever in that part of the world again I will definitely try it again!

#27044 3 years ago

So are they going to actually play this game today? They pretty much have to or else’s that is a big domino toppling over...

#27095 3 years ago

It's possible all the NFC West teams make the playoffs.

....and it’s a shame one team from the NFC East will

1 week later
#27330 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As a Steelers fan I will tell you the only shocking thing of the night....that Josh Allen's 28 td passes this season are the 2nd most in franchise history (obviously with games to go)
Those great Jim Kelly teams we grew up watching he only had more than 28 once; wow. I know the Thurminator was getting shit done too but...it's a little surprising.

That IS surprising, the Bills had a potent offence in the 90s. However back then 28 td passes and 3000 yards got you an invitation to the pro bowl!

Go Bills!

1 week later
#27572 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Smith is good because like when he was a player he doesn't give a shit and will call everyone out.
Irvin is halarious....then again I don't need a lot out if a studio crew. He plays a "crazy/wacky old player" character which is acceptable now. Did Bradshaw invent it or was there someone before him?

Dandy Don Meredith?

#27574 3 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Dandy Don Meredith?

Shoulda read subsequent posts before pressing send....

#27771 3 years ago

If only Cam could throw a football as hard as Bill throws a phone....

5th time’s the charm for the Bills?

1 week later
#28167 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Bills v Saints. Bills to win.

Edgy prediction, I like it.

Go Bills!

#28227 3 years ago

Diggs and Beasley questionable for tomorrow? Oh dear...those are two important weapons for Allen and the Bill’s offence. I hope they can play and contribute.

I am an overall fan of nfl football, but geography made the Bills my favourite team. Go Bills!

#28387 3 years ago

A bit of a push-off on that TD, good catch though.

#28671 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Lol, Scott Norwood was the Bills kicker who missed the game winning field goal against the Giants in the Super Bowl.

You beat me to it! I guess I am wide right with this post...

The Bills are in tough against Ravens tomorrow. Their defence is good at bending but not breaking however it has not dominated offences this year, especially good ones with mobile qbs. Hoping for a good game, but I’ll take a Bills blowout gladly

#29077 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I wonder who the best CAREER backup QBs of all time are...
I think what makes this tough, is that the boundaries between career backup and NOT a career backup can be fuzzy...
How you define a great career backup QB?
At what point do you disqualify someone as a career backup QB?
Don Strock, 15 years, 5349 yards is an example what comes to mind as a career backup.
I would propose:
* Long career
* Low attempts
* Low games started (but how low -- this could be the tricky stat)

Not sure he fits your criteria, but Jim Plunkett led the Raiders to 2 Super Bowls coming off the bench.

Even though I’m cheering for the Bills to go all the way, I hope Mahomes is ok to play on Sunday. Go Bills!

#29386 3 years ago

Not speaking for the rest of the Bucs, but I don’t think Tom Brady could have played in 9 SBs (so far) if he had any issues playing in cold weather....that dude is FOCUSED on a football field (until he forgets it’s 4th down ).

1 week later
#30073 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Who could forget? Or the guy that kept hauling them in.[quoted image]

Fred looks like his uniform is 43% stickum!

1 week later
#30465 3 years ago

Re Marty S....13 playoff losses sounds like a bad thing on the surface, but I actually admire that stat since it says his team made the playoffs 13 times. That’s impressive in a “Bills going to 4 straight SBs” kinda way.

It’s too bad his style and disposition did not translate well in post season. Eg, The “Drive” was partly Elway and partly Schott’ decision to go prevent defence.

1 month later
#30864 3 years ago

Oh dear....Deshaun Watson is being sued by two masseuses.

1 month later
#31124 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Everybody collectively throws pasta at the walls in the hopes they look really smart someday.

Who the hell is Mel Kiper, anyway?

3 months later
#31715 2 years ago

Merciful. Can you imagine playing on the Detroit Lions in your 40s?

Unless you’re QBTB can you imagine playing anywhere else?

3 weeks later
#31928 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Anyone do survivor pools? I picked the niners this week and feel kind of gross about it. Haha

I picked the niners too. It’s a small survivor pool (one life, no buybacks) so I’m trying to go with heavy favorites all year. Look at it this way, you might feel gross but you’ll probably be alive!

#31930 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah I guess that’s the way you have to play it. This is my first one so I wasn’t sure how to play it.

It looks like there will be at least a couple teams to fade with confidence this year….question is, which ones?

#31950 2 years ago

Was that a small guitar, or a huge ukelele?

#31963 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Father Time will get him at some point…

How many years before he matches George Blanda….didn’t he qb at 48 years old?

#32192 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The BOM was actually identical, but California tax.

Really, the boms were identical? In that case I admire those cali builders cuz at first blush SoFi Field looks to be a vastly superior stadium.

I hope the next 17 weeks have as much exciting football as week 1!

1 month later
#34200 2 years ago

Aaron Rodgers, the sharpest AND biggest tool in the Packers toolkit. Heckuva QB, though…

#34204 2 years ago

Noted critical thinker Aaron Rodgers: “I will do what is best for my body”. Also, plays nfl football…

I always thought he was very thoughtful and intelligent, but a tad douchy….looks like I had it reversed.

The nfl must have been aware of, and implicitly tolerating, ongoing and repeated transgressions of its own policy….while handing out fines to other (non-mvp) players. Overall, not a great week for the shield.

That said, there have been some fantastic games already this year and I’m gonna keep watching

1 week later
#34560 2 years ago

Gruden: Hold my beer

#34689 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The Drive!!
Just a thing of beauty.

Video blocked by nfl for me…

Saw this in real time yesterday, and was hoping to see the highlights here (ie shots of TBQB’s puss getting sourer and sourer). Kidding aside, it was an impressive drive that iced the game.

#34708 2 years ago

Stafford to OBJ not starting out too swimmingly…

1 month later
#37157 2 years ago

Pittsburgh fans gotta be throwing up in their mouths a little…

#37166 2 years ago

Crazy ending to an entertaining season…bring on the playoffs!

3 weeks later
#39647 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fun Fact: In Europe, Cool Ranch doritos are called "Cool American." I think they don't do Ranch over there.

It has something to do with the metric system.

1 week later
#39937 2 years ago

Wtf is up with Kyler Murray??

#40143 2 years ago

Are cheese curds a vegetable? Fresh today!
[quoted image]

I bet you could make some awesome poutine with those curds. Do they squeak when you chew them?

3 months later
#42535 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Former Denver Bronco Brendan Langley

It makes me laugh that all the stories reference him as a “former NFL player” when he is currently a CFL player. You think the NFL has image issues??

2 months later
#43572 1 year ago

The new owner of the Broncos calling the commissioner “Roger Guddle” right in front of him is priceless.

#43662 1 year ago

I think he finally gets it. [quoted image]

No offense Deaconblooze, but I thought for sure this had to be made up. Wow, he actually said all that….

In other news, could our favourite available qb be going to the Browns, maybe as a short term insurance policy in case Brissett gets hurt? Ouch

#43671 1 year ago

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/cleveland-browns-gift-hat-season-ticket-holders/amp

I’ve never been a season ticket holder, in any sport, so I don’t have a frame of reference for how bad this is but….

“What even is this, dude?” should the the slogan for the Browns this year.

1 week later
#43784 1 year ago

Len Dawson passed. No one matriculated the ball down the field like he did.

2 weeks later
#44147 1 year ago

Von Miller sure knows how to pick a team to play for!

#44459 1 year ago

I’d be kinda frustrated if I was I Bronco fan this morning. Why sign Wilson for all those millions if your coach prefers to try the second longest fg in history instead of letting him try for 5 yards??

Not to take anything away from Geno…he played well enough for his team to win and looked like he belonged there.

#44485 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

39 of 60 including myself got booted in the one I'm in. Week 1 is so random

Only 5 out of 23 survived week 1 in the small pool I’m in. Luckily there is a September buyback option, which I hope the other 18 exercise (I’m one of the lucky 5). Feed that pot!

3 weeks later
#45912 1 year ago

Long bomb on 4th and 1, I love it. Raiders-Chiefs used to be a marquee matchup, maybe we’ll get a good game tonight.

2 months later
#49706 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Fumble not an option? Pick 6 then.

hah!

2 weeks later
#50876 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

5 minutes? After what the players saw? Disgusting.

Right before the teams went back to their locker rooms the 2 HCs had a discussion on the field. It was very brief and I’m guessing coach McD said something like “my team will not be playing any more football tonight “.

11 months later
#65559 4 months ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think CFL doesn't have this penalty

In the CFL multiple receivers can be sprinting at full speed and hit the LOS right at the snap. I’m sure there are still illegal formations, but it’s much freer in the CFL. Another CFL rule that would translate well to the NFL is the “no yards” rule, otherwise known as “no fair catches”.

Oh and……go Bills!

#65563 4 months ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

It's still fun to blame the Raiders, John Madden, Ken Stabler, Dave Casper, and whoever that other guy was who intentionally did a forward lateral/fumble thingy. Just win baby! A commitment to forward fumbling excellence!

That play is nfl films football awesomeness, one of the all-time best play calls. And it can never happen again.

Edit: I just saw that tonight’s game is a Holy Roller rematch!

2 weeks later
#67220 3 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Refs from the Lions vs Cowboys game will not work the post season. They screwed up big time and stole that game from the Lions. Detroit should still be in contention for the #1 seed right now. Can't wait for the Lions to beat Dallas in round 2 of the playoffs.
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2023/12/31/report-referees-from-detroit-lions-dallas-cowboys-game-will-not-work-postseason-playoffs/72073779007/

Meh. Lions coach tried to be too cute with the play and ended up confusing both the cowboys and the officials. He is not blameless and I think he knows it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider eightball88.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.