tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (87 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (40 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

737 posts in this topic match your search for posts by colsond3. You are on page 1 of 3.
#10485 6 years ago

E...A...G...L...E...S.....Eagles!!!!! Suck it Brady. That's what happens when before the game you're interviewed, and you say "Well they can try to win."

And then Brady leaves the field without shaking the hand of Foles. What a pompous ass.

#10507 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I will say the Patriots played a very clean game as they were only penalized once for 5 yards.

IMG_5004 (resized).PNGIMG_5004 (resized).PNG

#10510 6 years ago
Quoted from Mfsrc791:

Congrats to the eagles they played a great game and congrats to Nick foles who played his heart out and deserves the win.

Thanks.

Quoted from fosaisu:

and he had a hell of a game (doesn't hurt to have Gronk receiving, but still), so you can't hang the loss on him.

Without Gronk, who cleared the concussion protocol faster than any player I've ever seen, Brady would have had 150 less passing yards, and the Eagles would have won by a greater score. But I'm glad Gronk was in...makes the victory that much sweeter.

Quoted from 85vett:

Someone posted about him not shaking hands with Foles. I couldn't tell if he did or didn't but if that is true that's a damn shame. Someone of his caliber with his resume should have more class. Again, I don't know if he did or didn't. Timing of them showing him run off the field gave plenty of time to find a few choice players, shake their hands and run off.

Foles said in his post game interview that Brady left the field without shaking his hand. But being a good guy, Foles said it "was probably because there was so much going on." Ummm, no. Brady is a great QB who gets great protection from his O-line, but he is still conceded, cocky, arrogant and doesn't exhibit great sportsmanship, which are undesirable characteristics in any human being.

#10512 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

watched the game like every year with a few friends and this time someone suggested a drinking game: One Shot for every kick, punt and fieldgoal!

Here's what I was going by before the game started.

IMG_4993 (resized).JPGIMG_4993 (resized).JPG

IMG_4991 (resized).PNGIMG_4991 (resized).PNG

#10515 6 years ago

Here's what I watched 20 times before the game yesterday. It's enough to start watching it at the 3:00 mark.

#10525 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Collinsworth even commented Brady's hand may be troubling him.

Collinsworth is a huge D bag. Why they would have a guy with a known (and publicly admitted) disdain for the Eagles commentate on the Superbowl when the Eagles are in it is beyond me. He has nothing good to say about the Birds no matter how good or hard they play. He makes excuses for every other team, and his narration / commentary is extraordinarily one-sided. I must have yelled "oh, shut the hell up" at the TV 45 times yesterday while he was talking. I would have rather had Romo do the game. Even as a former Cowboy...he's at least objective.

#10529 6 years ago

They just posted a pic of Brady after the Super Bowl yesterday.

IMG_1019 (resized).PNGIMG_1019 (resized).PNG

#10566 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Haha is a HUGE deal to people in a lot of sports...it hilarious. People around here still cry aboot the Penguins celebrating for too long after winning the Stanley Cup before shaking hands.

Either way, that's why hockey is great. Everybody shakes everybody's hand at the end to congratulate them on the victory.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I really couldn't care less. Not sure how Brady shaking or not shaking someone's hand really affects me or anybody else in the universe.

It's a big deal because it's respect…and Brady thinks he is the best and above that. Foles deserved it. The fact that he makes a habit of it speaks volumes. He is a sore loser period. How many of the greats, Marino, Favre, Elway, other than Manning once, had a reputation for disrespecting their fellow player? Even the Pats fans in here are saying it was wrong he didn't.

#10568 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So you’d LIKE Brady if he shook hands with Foles?

I actually think he's a great quarterback, and yes, I would LIKE him better if he reciprocated respect amongst his fellow players. His lack of sportsmanship is something that will be remembered. Will it make any difference for him getting into the HOF? Probably not.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everybody hates him already so what’s the difference.

If I were him, I would want to go down in history as the respectful and liked GOAT, not the GAOAT (Greatest Ass Of All Time). So you'll be the best that nobody in the league other than your fans liked? Makes the accomplishment less in my book, but who really cares about what I think.

You and I had some words in the past....then we met at Pinfest, SHOOK HANDS, and did some shots. Respect.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And if I were an eagles fan I REALLY wouldn’t care, I’d probably still be drunk!

That I don't doubt a bit.

#10642 6 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Brady
17 Years, 15 DivChamp, 12 AFCCG, 8 SB Trips, 5 Titles, 4 SB MVPs, 3 NFL MVPs, 66k yards, 488 TDs
vs. Montana
16 Years, 10 DivChamp, 8 NFCCG, 4 SB Trips, 4 Titles, 3 SB MVPs, 2 NFL MVPs, 40k yards, 273 TDs
What are you using as a comparison?

The difference too is back when Montana played, quarterbacks actually got hit repetitively....hell, you were able to hit a player hard in general. Brady has great protection from his O line, and you can't deny that is a big part of his success.

I am curious how he would've held up over the years if he was taking some of the big hits quarterbacks of the past used to take, or at least as many. In his new Atkins shape, I'm not sure he would hold up well.

#10683 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Wade Wilson was an awesome QB.

Deadpool (resized).pngDeadpool (resized).png

5 months later
#10726 5 years ago

Watched some of that game last night. This “not lowering your helmet” rule is going to be a big pain in the ass this year. You can tell there will be a bunch of calls on various hits already.

Do they realize that somebody has to lower their head to lead with their shoulder? Here comes flag football.

4 weeks later
#10737 5 years ago

Repeat

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10740 5 years ago

Wentz will be back by the second game. Foles can play, but I think the preseason issue was all around. If you look at the scores, and the fact that the players’ union has already been saying for two years that they want to get rid of the preseason. I think players on every team tanked in the last few weeks this year on purpose to make it look like preseason games are pointless.

#10742 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Yeah but I'm not sure 2 extra regular season games is a good idea...

It’s a fine idea, and those who gamble would probably agree. Besides, these guys make more than enough money to play two more games. I don’t want to hear about the wear on their bodies. They can play five years and retire. In what other profession can you do that?

Plus they don’t play during the preseason anymore, and they practice through OTA’s and training camps with nothing but shorts on. No pads. They are a bunch of divas.

At one time, guys played for a lot less money and played much harder, and they wore leather friggin helmets.

#10746 5 years ago

Yes, the American dream. Argue that you want $20 million more a year in salary to do less work.

Each can speak to their own. But I’ll tell you what… I would take the possibility of a career ending injury for $20 million a year and play 20 regular season games for five years, and be able to retire by the time I’m 35. Even though I’m already 41. Shit, I would take that risk for $3 million a year, and I would do so without all the attitude and drama.

Back to actual football teams, the Rams are going nowhere this year. Goff and Gurley are absolute animals, but unfortunately the Rams will have enough drama in their locker room to keep them busy for the season.

#10748 5 years ago

I do know how NFL salary structures and rookie contracts work, but I’m not sure you do.

Pursuant to the 2018 NFL Compensation, Salary & Incentives Update, “the four-year minimum base salaries for players in this year's draft are as follows: $480,000 (Year 1), $555,000 (Year 2), $630,000 (Year 3) and $705,000 (Year 4). If eventually signed to a contract, each rookie drafted will get a four-year deal, whereas undrafted rookies are only eligible for three-year contracts.” So I’m not sure where you came up with 365K plus and 10K more per year. (My firm also does sports and entertainment law, and I just got done reviewing a contract of one of the Giants players a month or so ago).

And that is only base salary. Beginning in 2012, rookies also became eligible for certain performance-based incentives.

The reality is only 38% of rookies are on the field for every game of their first season in the NFL. In their second year, that only goes up to 72% (obviously unless you are one of the top 10 draft picks, a quarterback, or star receiver).

Beside the fact, my hypothetical was based upon a player who most likely proved themself, and was now making a decent payday. Either way, I would still assume whatever risks they have to make their paycheck and be able to retire 30 years early. If anybody wants to argue that today’s NFL players are not divas, they must not be watching the same NFL that I watch. That’s just my opinion, and everybody is entitled to their own.

#10751 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You’re way off Colson. Most players don’t make millions. The average NFL career is less than 4 years. And half of it goes to taxes.

Ok. I’m wrong, as is every resource. And the majority of players that would be at the highest risk for injury are those that make the big money, as they play the most and are usually the players that are getting hit more often. I was not talking about practice squad guys or fourth stringers. Their risk of significant injury is substantially lower.
7AE715AF-5FA2-4028-BA56-3557DD97A42A (resized).png7AE715AF-5FA2-4028-BA56-3557DD97A42A (resized).png

#10753 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Check out median salaries. Those numbers are skewed by the handful of players per team making 20 million a year.

I made a few comments, I wasn’t looking to get into a pissing contest about how much money athletes make. We all know they are well paid for what they actually do. I mean come on, they don’t work for five months out of the year other than working out and watching what they eat. And you are not figuring in other bonuses, appearance fees, and all the kickbacks they get that I read in contracts.

The fellas that built the Empire State Building made $2.50 an hour, and they had a much higher risk of injury. Several of them died.

#10756 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“nfl players are overpaid divas”

Quoted from vicjw66:

I have a theory about the type of people who have this distorted thinking of taking the owners side over the players. It’s rooted in hundreds of years of tradition. I doubt they’re thinking of Rodgers and Brady when they are talking about spoiled overpaid players. More likely Kaepernick and Sherman.

Let’s be clear because you are now throwing a racial connotation into this thread. I said NOTHING about owners deserving any money and Levi’s quote was nowhere in any of my posts.

I was merely saying that they are divas compared to the players of the past, and make enough money to play two more games a year, especially if their intention is to do away with the preseason games. And if you implore that intention, the reality is they would actually be playing 2 less games per year.

Just wanted to clear that up, and certainly don’t want people twisting my words around. I wouldn’t appreciate somebody that doesn’t know me in any way insinuating that I exhibit any level of racism whatsoever. And I made no such comments.

This thread is about football, and a friendly discussion. Let’s not turn it into some trainwreck.

#10757 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not sure why anybody thinks nfl players don’t deserve their pay.

That is not what I said at all. I said for the amount of money they make, I believe they can play two more games per year. That simple.

#10761 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

then you are an idiot. No offense of course.

Real nice. As if saying “no offense” somehow negates you calling me an idiot. It’s called a discussion, but I guess no one’s opinion matters other than yours.

And whether a game is meaningful or not, injuries still happen during preseason. The potential for injury is there regardless. Plenty of former players have indicated that they believe injuries are more prominent now because players don’t bother to practice the way they used to, and don’t play in preseason the way they used to in order to condition their bodies. But what do they know? They are just former NFL players themselves.

#10764 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I'm speaking of my own past experiences.

I can appreciate that.

Quoted from vicjw66:

And to say that you don't exhibit any level of racism whatsoever is disingenuous. All human beings innately have some level of racism.

Surprise. I disagree. As a premise, everybody may realize that someone is “different.” Whether it be color, language spoken, or any other factor. A claim that everybody is “racist” on some level is utterly ridiculous. Do I realize that one of my coworkers is a different color? Sure. Do I treat them any differently? No. I judge every human based on their behavior and the way they conduct themselves. Nothing else matters.

I do appreciate you clarifying your position. But let’s not turn this into any type of political or society discussion unless we want the mods to step in.

Back on point of the thread, does anybody think the Patriots will go the distance this year? Or is their run spent? My feeling is that their dynasty has run its course. Reality is you never know with Brady at the helm though.

#10795 5 years ago

Just a few flags in that game last night....

That was utterly ridiculous. And then some missed calls where they should’ve been and were clearly penalties, and others called when they shouldn’t have been at all.

Sad to see that the refs left off exactly where they were last year. Killing the pace of the game unnecessarily and repetitiously.

#10797 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

When not if, will Sarkisian be fired? Jay Ajayi is bad ass.

Yeah, given their struggles last year and now obviously continuing into this season, Sarkisian should go. Falcons stats in the red zone are horrendous. They have no problem getting down there though.

Because they have Julio Jones (well, that’s all they really have) they try way too many pass plays within the 5 yard line. They need to learn how to run the ball in. Especially with the new rule that the defender can force the jumper out of bounds.

#10798 5 years ago

And Ajayi is bad ass. Dan Marino even said so on a WIP interview yesterday, but he wouldn’t offer why Miami dumped him now that Marino is in their front office.

#10801 5 years ago

AP’s knees are spent. I’m sure they feel better with Smith at the helm, but some actually prefer Cousins. Skins are gonna go 8-8.

BE0F66FA-6EF7-4B11-BED7-D5001A6F1EE3 (resized).jpegBE0F66FA-6EF7-4B11-BED7-D5001A6F1EE3 (resized).jpeg
#10804 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Show me a better RB1/2 combo.

Ajayi & Clement, or interchange Sproles into the mix. Freeman and Coleman definitely have the talent, but they're not utilized correctly.

#10819 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And the skins didn’t look like an 8-8 team last night. I know it’s nice to get your first ring (I think I was 7 when the skins got theirs ) but don’t fool yourself into believing the birds are some unbeatable dynasty all of a sudden. A different team wins the nfc east every year no reason to think it won’t be different in 2018.

They didn’t look like an 8-8 team last night. I’ll give you that. I think they are definitely more stacked this year.

As to the Birds, are you related to Collinsworth? My team can’t even get due credit when they win a friggin Super Bowl, let alone with a back up quarterback (who did nothing with KC or the Rams before coming back here) and against the damn Patriots.

I never said they were “some unbeatable dynasty”, but Foles is so up-and-down that once Wentz comes back it will be a completely different story, assuming he stays healthy. He was slated to be the MVP last year, and would’ve had a ridiculous record-setting season had he finished it out.

#10825 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just got opinions

We are all aware of that.

Watching the games tonight, looks like Matt Patricia shouldn’t have left New England, and the Jets are going to end up with a better record than the Giants.

#10829 5 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Another interception ... Maybe make that 2 years

Yeah, I think Stafford threw 4 picks. Not a good night for him. His only thought tonight “I miss Megatron.”

#10851 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Redskins sure didn’t look like an 8-8 teAm today!

Yeah, and the Eagles did. We’ll see what happens by the end of the season. Good luck.

#10853 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I miss me some DeSean Jackson. Yeah you get like 10 games a year due to injury or lack of motivation but he’s fast and his ball awareness and hands are fantastic.

Yeah, I’ll never forget Miracle at the Meadowlands II. Miss him on the Birds too. He tries to average a big play once every game, maybe two if he’s lucky. Not frequently used, but his speed and ball awareness are uncanny. Shoved it in my ass on the first play.

#10866 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Carson Wentz to start week 3

Damn right....but a shame he has absolutely nobody to catch the ball right now other than Agholor. WR core is just a little light.

Quoted from TheLaw:

He's the most talented WR in the league...

I thought that was the blond-haired narcissistic obnoxious guy...ehhh, I mean Beckham Jr.

#10881 5 years ago

Baker friggin Mayfield. Holy shit. Looks like Taylor is out of a job.

#10888 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Tyrod Taylor was the best player on my fantasy team last night, then Mayfield went and ruined it.

Not sure who your back up is, but if I were you I would start looking at the waiver wire.

If they try putting Taylor back in, even if he’s not injured and healthy, I don’t think the fans will have it at this point. The crowd went nuts when they put Mayfield in the game. After watching the rest myself, I could see why. That guy has a damn cannon and is accurate as hell.

#10890 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

He is your starting QB?!? How many teams are in your fantasy league? 32?!?

Haha. He severely overslept on draft day.

#10894 5 years ago

Wentz baby! And the D stepped up early.

#10896 5 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Bills 24 Vikings 0?

Yeah, I’m not understanding what’s going on in that game. Freakin weird.

1 week later
#10905 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The roughing the passer calls are going to cost teams some games no doubt. NFL claims most of the calls up until now were correct....BS! More like most were absolutely horseshit period.

Yeah, and they also said that they weren’t going to make calls that decided a game at the end. I guess the Eagles werent part of that consideration.

1 week later
#10916 5 years ago

I hear ya Spencer. The Eagles game was a similar shitshow with questionable calls by Pederson at various stages of the game. Including challenging Diggs’ catch on the sideline where he clearly took 3 steps before going out. No idea who called down or what the hell he was thinking there.

Eagles defense this year is atrocious.

#10920 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If the Seahawks didn't call a time out for no particular reason (and wouldn't that time out - their LAST - been good to save for their final drive), they likely would have gotten the ball back.

That’s definitely the rationale the way I see it. Maybe they were trying to ice the punter?

2 weeks later
#10996 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No my life is great, it's the cowboys that suck. The Cowboys have been horrible for a long time and I have no idea why so much hype is given to them; they've won like 1 playoff game in the last 10 years.
We're also probably the same age and there wasn't any trolling involved so I'm guessing you're super fucking high? Which is cool, but I'm at work.

Can I attend your next sermon? Amen.

#11012 5 years ago

Man, I am really trying to stick it out this year, but the Eagles look like absolute shit. No idea what they are thinking on some of these plays. Wentz is getting zero protection, and the O line looks disgusting. They need to get a grip.

Luckily the D is holding them in this one.

#11014 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Super Bowl hangover?

Yeah, I’m about sick of hearing that theory. Hangovers last a day or two, not a few months. And I also don’t like hearing that “they only had two months off”. Even if you do physical labor for a living, if you had two months off, you should feel very friggin refreshed coming back to work.

I’m starting to think it’s more once some teams go all the way and got the ultimate trophy, they feel like they accomplished all they have to do. Unlike the Patriots, who don’t hang any of that crap from the prior year at their practice facility, and want to win it EVERY single year...and play like it.

#11016 5 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Hungry Dogs Run Faster. This current Eagles team has been feasting like kings since last February

LMAO. I’m feeling better in the second half. It looks like much more effort is there. And I think Mills has been hurting the team, so I’m not upset at all that he’s taking a break.

He’s too handsy...like a ton of guys in the league.

#11042 5 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

Last night was the shittiest regular season game I've watched in quite some time

That was beyond painful. They could have stopped after the 3rd quarter...the Raiders had already. On a more positive note, Eagles should look golden next week.

1 month later
#11319 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Fuck no. They finish 8-8. They are not a good team. Don’t let way-harder-than-they-should-have-been wins against a terrible giants team and a redskins team that is basically a hospice fool you.
Vikings should get to 9 wins and they’ll have it locked up.

What a surprise...you offering positivity on the Birds.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I keep feeling that the Eagles are going to pull it together these last few weeks. The talent is there.

A sensical post. I’ll admit I’m not the most optimistic today, but if they do beat the Cowgirls there will be hope that the run continues. Eagles could easily end up with 9 wins.

Vikings can always lose a game at the last minute…they did it last year but I can’t remember which team did it in the playoffs. Oh wait...

1855FF9E-2A9E-4BAD-B84D-A31CB3B61123 (resized).jpeg1855FF9E-2A9E-4BAD-B84D-A31CB3B61123 (resized).jpeg
#11321 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But look at the eagles schedule and tell me they finish better than 8-8.

Certainly:

Dallas - win
Rams- loss
Texans - win
Redskins - win

Worst case scenario...9-7. Which is better than 8-8.

#11323 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Eagles will not beat the Texans.

Cake walk.

#11325 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This redskins giants game is the worst 5 minutes of football I’ve seen. Dropped passes, flags, three and outs...

I know...I just walked away from the tube. What a mess.

#11327 5 years ago

Come on Dee! Where’s the brotherly love?

#11333 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This redskins giants game is the worst 5 minutes of football I’ve seen. Dropped passes, flags, three and outs...

And you thought that game was bad. The Eagles look disgusting right now, and this game is equally not entertaining.

#11338 5 years ago

What a sad display. Birds deserved to lose that one, but that bullshit call on Goedert cost them the game.

Totally incidental contact. No way that was friggin offensive pass interference. And I like how the refs try to make up for their bullshit call by giving the Eagles some arbitrary crappy roughing the passer penalty yardage. Like that makes up for costing them 7 points.

1 week later
#11556 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you kidding? I’ve been seeing Rams jerseys all over town and stickers on the backs of cars everywhere.

You’ll be seeing a lot of green jerseys out there tonight! Up on the the rooftop click click click...

#11570 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Eagles fans last year at the coliseum were the most obnoxious I have ever seen. Us Rams fans are a little too nice. If they tried that shit at a Raiders game there would be massive beat downs.

Here we go with the “Eagles fans are obnoxious” and might as well rehash the throwing snowballs at Santa Claus bullshit for the 20th time, even though it happened 40 years ago.

Eagles fans are no more obnoxious than any other team’s, well maybe LA Rams are an exception. Nobody out there likes football, and they go just because it’s an activity to do. The Raiders wouldn’t even have so many fans if NWA didn’t support their gear and they didn’t sell 45 million Starter jackets back in the 90s.

There are fights and idiot fans in every stadium. People have been shot at a Raiders game (that never happened at the Linc), and at the Jets game a year or two ago some guy punched some girl in the face for taunting him. Knocked her out cold.

As evidenced in this thread, every team has Fairweather fans. We all think our teams suck when they’re doing bad, and we all think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread when they are on a run.

I’d like to see what games would be like if they removed alcohol from the equation.

At least we all hate Dallas right?

#11572 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Unlike 1991, I did not see any giant cups of beer or stuff like hot dogs flying through the air. Nobody threatened to beat me up or "slash our tires" (which had me worried until my dad pointed out that they probably didn't know which car was ours), and a Philly cop did not scowl at me and tell me (a 15 year old), "Fuck the Redskins!"

That is total BS. Somebody threatening to slash your tires and a cop saying Fuck the Redskins? Coming from someone that lives in NYC...safest city in the world. That’s why every Law & Order show is based there.

I’ve also read Aesop’s Fables. Fairy tales are awesome.

#11574 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's still the worst crowd I've ever seen at a football game. But hey if you want to believe that Philly fans have always been as tame as they are now in their old age, I'm not gonna argue with you. You like fairy tales after all!

Your story is funny, and I don’t discount that some part of it happened. I don’t think they are more tame, I just think they are no different than fans at most stadiums. Maybe slightly worse. Back at the Vet...a little more unruly.

My take is that when it happens here, it is more publicized. And I think other people around the country mistake obnoxiousness for passion. Unlike some other places around the country, we are not shy in voicing our opinions, and sometimes in a vulgar manner.

#11577 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Wait, are you arguing both sides of this one now?!?

Not at all. Saying that’s all it is, voicing opinions. Some people are offended when others do that, or consider it “obnoxious”. I call it being a fan. Nothing more, nothing less. I do often forget that fans in other stadiums don’t curse at all.

Like I said before, are some fans here idiots? Sure. But there are some in every stadium.

And the posts above actually prove my point. I cite fans actually getting shot at another team’s stadium in a “debate”, and another one getting knocked out cold. Not one comment about that.

They gloss right over all the other shit, which is much more serious, unacceptable violent behavior. But Eagles fans...no no no.

Levi can have his cheerleaders and upvotes. I’ll sit here with my ring. At least the Birds saved it from being on the hands of the Pats again.

#11578 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

How come NOBODY is talking about the big Bengals win yesterday? Who Dey Baby!

Driskel’s 14 for 33 for 130 yards? I wonder what would have happened without Mixon. It’s still a W...so I guess it counts!

#11581 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

He has nobody to throw to lol. The whole team ia hurt almost. I thought about you this morning Colsond. I was watching American Grafitti and saw an old Dracula pinball machine like you got. I love that movie!

Yeah, admittedly he doesn’t have many people to throw to. At least good targets.

And that’s funny. I remember someone had posted a screenshot of Vamp in American Grafitti in my restoration thread. Great flick.

#11585 5 years ago

Cam really screwed the pooch on that throw.

#11586 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

AFC North standings: Steelers beat Patriots; Bengals only team in division eliminated from playoffs
Just a guess.

Dude...you can’t change your avatar.

#11591 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Philly transplant fans are slightly worse than Seahawk transplants.

Yeah, I don’t really see Philly fans hitting it LA style....early a.m. trip to Disney, then cruising up the 5 to the Odyssey for shrimp tartare, up the 405 to an oxygen bar, getting some Starbucks then heading to the game.

Actually, traffic out there would prevent any chronology of those lovely events from happening. So tailgating and booze it is! (equaling bad or less than desirable behavior, or misplacing trash under the wrong seat)

#11613 5 years ago

Let’s go Birds! If 243 things play out exactly the way they have to, I can still make the playoffs.

#11614 5 years ago

What complete bullshit that facemask wasn’t called on that scumbag Clowney throwing Foles down by his mask. Protecting players...right. The NFL is a fucking joke with no flag on that at all. Clowney should be ejected from the game.

#11616 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

242 to go?
They're a fun team. I'd like to watch them in the playoffs, and moreso with Foles than Wentz TBH.

Yeah, I love a good nailbiter, but having every game be like that is beyond stressful.

#11633 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Im just thankful my Cowboys have clinched the division.
Of course, if philly gets eliminated...that would be a stockibg stuffer.

Stockibg’s must be a Texas thing. “America’s Team”...I like how they try to keep that alive. I live in America, and they aren’t my team.

That title would actually be more appropriately bestowed upon upon the Eagles, given that the United States actually started here and it served as the capital from 1790 - 1800.

#11636 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It depends.
If you're from the small town of Langhorne that seems pretty 'Merican to me.
If you're claiming Phili then

Haha...smart ass. Langhorne is a whopping 22 miles outside of Philadelphia. In my life, I have lived in the city and worked there. Down there frequently for dinner, games and events (and parades).

So saying I’m “from Philly” is nowhere near a stretch. Besides, you need a house in the suburbs if you want to collect pins.

#11655 5 years ago

Back to the playoffs baby!!!

Signed,
A Guy from the Philly suburbs

#11673 5 years ago

Boooooo. I’m feeling 28-21 Birds victory...even if Sudfeld is playing.

#11677 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'd pick the Saints but Russel Wilson never surprises me, he could pull it off.

I’d almost agree with that, but Russell hasn’t had the same surprise come back power that he’s had in previous years.

#11692 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Marvin Lewis may be the best available.

That is sad. Mackadoo is available.

#11708 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I have a hard time believing the Eagles are just gonna waltz into Chicago and "neutralize Mack."

I don’t think they will waltz right in, it may be more of a salsa dance?

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Foles has to turn back into a pumpkin at some point, right?

He will, after he has another ring on his finger.

#11725 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Home team wins all 4 this weekend

I say home teams win 3/4.

#11728 5 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Just saw hurns leg break
Wishing for a speedy recovery.

Yeah, that was nasty. Garrett really does never talk into his headset. It’s odd.

#11730 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What time do the Bengals play?

Early next August...1:00pm

#11733 5 years ago

Don’t even. Haha. The whole first half of that game was a snoozefest. If that’s all Dallas has, they are definitely not advancing past the next round.

The only game plan you need against them: Stop Elliot. It’s one friggin guy that accounts for 70% of their total offensive yards.

#11740 5 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

i dunno, I'd say the D shut down the hawks offense all game! #19 made some plays in the 4th too.. and how many draw plays did #4 call for himself.. I think Dak outplayed Russell for sure.. got a lil scary at the end tho, sure glad their old man kicker pulled a hammy!

Yeah, but the D on the Hawks held the Cowgirls to barely any points the whole first half. Their offense should’ve stepped up and helped out, and put some points up then.

#11744 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Time to eat crow, guys....

I’ll just wait for the wager to even out once the Birds take out the Bears. One hour till game time!!

#11749 5 years ago

Damn...Maddox would have had a pick 6 if he came back a 1/2 second earlier

#11760 5 years ago

Good call on the interference. He was more handsy than a...well, it looked like he was actually trying to hold his hand.

#11761 5 years ago

TD! Eagles were shooting themselves in the foot in the first half, it’s time for the Bears to.

#11766 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Sure is an entertaining one!

I think I’m gonna have a fucking heart attack.

#11767 5 years ago

Holy Fuck!!!!!

#11773 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Pretty sure we are getting a new kicker, lol

Is it ironic or cliché that you got him from us?

#11789 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

They wont beat the Saints at home. No chance.

This game just proved that in the NFL anything can happen. Foles is gonna repeat.

#11790 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:Oh, and we already beat the Eagles 48 to 7 at home.

I predict 31-24. Birds.

#11793 5 years ago
908D4B42-C3F5-47B2-AF2F-E15E4D5E83C3 (resized).jpeg908D4B42-C3F5-47B2-AF2F-E15E4D5E83C3 (resized).jpeg
#11798 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

I agree with that statement but its not the same. The Bears have very little offense and a garbage QB. Hey, who knows, I've got my gear ready and cant wait to watch the game.

I’m not cracking that open just yet. Eager for the game. We’ll have to wait and see. I think I’m going to put together a small pin tournament before next game.

Quoted from Erik:

the team with the starting QB with the higher passer rating wins outright 80% of the time. That favors Chiefs, Rams, Chargers, and Saints.

Interesting stat. It will be cool for me to add to the 20%.

#11824 5 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

So what about that crazy incomplete pass call? (Bears game) It was reviewed and still they couldn't get it right! I think they purposely ruled it incomplete just so the game could move on. Chicago was duped by the officials. What a rotten call! The officiating this year has been terrible. Face masks, helmet to helmet blows that were right in front of the officials. Really frustrating to watch blown calls (even after a review) determine the outcome of a game!

I couldn’t agree more. I don’t want to hear anything about player safety next season. Refs blow calls right in front of their face. Like Foles getting ripped down by his face mask last game. Ref was 20 feet away and no call. I saw it from 900 miles away on my TV screen.

Same thing happened Saturday when one of the Cowboys ripped down Russell Wilson by his helmet. No call. Ridiculous.

#11829 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hope you’re prepared to EAT CROW if they lose.

Here’s a precursor for you Daditude! Come on...you know the words

#11834 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

well, I mean you tried for a few hours at least... lol

Quoted from vicjw66:

I contend that, that was not a dick post.

You two going to get a room anytime soon?

#11837 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Im still waiting on a slew of other people to admit tbey were wrong about the Cowboys...
Wonder when that will happen??

I’ll admit I was wrong...if you admit that you watched the Fly Eagles Fly video I posted above and sang along with it as it played.

#11842 5 years ago
8C7BC667-F1B2-4C32-AD99-39C8E5DC5BD2 (resized).jpeg8C7BC667-F1B2-4C32-AD99-39C8E5DC5BD2 (resized).jpeg
#11849 5 years ago

^^^^ LMAO

#11862 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

THey both can put up a ton of points, but KC defense is light years behind INDYs....but is that enough?

I don’t know...Chiefs are giving 5 1/2 as of now. Luck + 5.5? Sounds like even Vegas doesn’t think Luck’s gonna pull it off.

#11870 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Vegas missed 3 of 4 games last week. Just sayin...

That’s because the parameters and equations used for Vegas speculation don’t include the plethora of bad and/or missed calls the refs make that actually impact the outcome of games.

#11878 5 years ago

Come on Daditude let’s get ready for the game...

E....A....G....L....E....S.......Eagles!

#11881 5 years ago

I’ll tell you what. My hatred for the Cowboys runs deep, but I would have no problem at all partying with some of their cheerleaders.

#11882 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

What % chance do you think the eagles have to win?

Realistically? 65%. If the Bears game didn’t teach NFL fans that shit happens, I don’t know what will.

If the Birds can put up some points, and a decent amount, their defense has stepped it up enough in recent weeks. As long as Maddox practiced defending double moves this week.

I think the Saints D was ranked 3rd in regular season defense, so I’m optimistic after the display in the Bears game and the Birds putting up some points against the #1 ranked defense.

#11884 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

remembering last year's improbable run to a SB win

It’ll be a damn miracle if the Eagles are ever given credit for accomplishing anything without “luck”, or given a break from other fans or the refs.

Have they gotten some good, fortuitous bounces? Sure. But no team wins the Super Bowl without some great playing, hard work and talent. I’ve never seen a road to the big game and a win based solely on luck.

They beat the friggin Patriots, which is no easy task. Ask 5 other teams that put bling on Brady’s finger.

#11888 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Easy there cowboy -- -- we can all agree the Eagle's SB run was "improbable" without putting it down to luck.

Well said. I definitely admit on some level it was improbable, but you have to give a team credit that has a back up quarterback come in and take the team all the way to the gold.

Quoted from Rondogg:

They beat the Patriots fair and square.

A gentleman and a scholar. Much appreciated.

#11890 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Your 65% prediction along with the longest pin wishlist I have ever witnessed make me believe you are a "glass is half full" type of guy.

LMFAO. And add in that some games on my list are definitely improbable to come across.

#11893 5 years ago

I really just wanted to use the word improbable again.

But with a quick comment so the thread doesn’t get derailed...Nosferatu, Mephisto, Miss World and several others.

#11898 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Drinking and making football picks are bad.

I agree.

6A3C2A08-948F-4A12-A560-DCC0054C11D3 (resized).jpeg6A3C2A08-948F-4A12-A560-DCC0054C11D3 (resized).jpeg
#11900 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Oh, man! That looks great...

Absolutely. I had posted in the other thread then I saw yours here. Too funny. I’m polishing off the Johnny Blue first.

63F1697B-BBA4-4C21-B13C-9C2927420C4F (resized).jpeg63F1697B-BBA4-4C21-B13C-9C2927420C4F (resized).jpeg
#11904 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

It would be super cool to watch the game with some Eagles fans. Maybe I can go to Walkons and watch the game at the bar.

Do I need to get on a plane?

At least I know you fellas would have me covered with the ol’ “away from home pinball fix.” A bunch of my buds are coming down on a bus, they actually left this morning.

Either way, it should be a good game. Foles will take the Birds down the field with 6:50 left. Brees will get the ball back with 1:28 left, but he’ll need a TD and it won’t happen. Eagles 31, Saints 24.

Next thing we’ll all see will be Kobe and Will Smith in Foles jerseys on the sidelines in LA.

#11908 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I've always felt Luck was very overrated.

I certainly agree with this statement. Sure, like so many others Luck was spectacular coming out of college, but hasn’t really done anything special in the NFL, and unfortunately has been plagued by injury. Other than a few pro bowl selections and getting a little deeper into the playoffs in I think 2014 or 2015, nothing phenomenal going on there.

#11911 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

i think Luck is damned good and it annoys me to no end

He is definitely damned good, but he was out way too long with injuries. That definitely took a toll being the early years of his career. He was pretty much projected to be the next Brady, and I don’t think he will ever achieve anywhere near that status.

#11922 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think this game has the potential to be the best game of the playoffs, may be even better than the SB itself.

This game is going to be a total mess...love it. This is where you separate the men from the boys. I hope everybody’s ready for the run game.

Quoted from TheLaw:

KC, LA, LA, NO.

Fuck you.

#11926 5 years ago

Yeah man. I think this one is over. Looks like Pederson v. Reid in the SB. Irony.

#11939 5 years ago

Wait...where did all of the Dallas fans go?

Anderson and Gurley played their asses off. If it came down to a Pats v. Rams Super Bowl, I would definitely take the Rams.

Let’s go Birds!!

#11941 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

My Cowboys lost.

Come on, the Cowboys won a playoff game… back in 1995.

Dak just doesn’t seem to be the last drive/2 minute drill kind of guy, or doesn’t come up big when it’s needed. Like I keep saying over and over again, shut down Elliot and you shut down the Cowboys. Held to 47 yards on 20 carries, and they lost. Exactly.

At least you have your cheerleaders, right?

#11946 5 years ago

Dak did put them on position. He scored, and did it before the 2m warning to give his team a shot at getting the ball back. It was the defense that failed to prevent LA from converting.

True. But with the rule changes for onside kicks, not being able to overload one side, the chances of getting the ball back and scoring twice within 2 or 3 minutes anymore without a turnover is nowhere near as great as it used to be.

#11947 5 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Arguably the best "young" team in the nfl.

Well, then there’s the Rams.

#11951 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Giving yourself a safety net in case your "Birds" lose, huh?
Must be nice.

Not my intent. I said earlier that the Eagles have a 65% chance of winning this game. That’s just my opinion. What fan would actually say or root for their own team to lose?

And if they don’t, I think the Rams are a better team than the Pats, and I don’t really need to see Brady or the Gronk robot win another ring.

For now, we’ll have to see what Rivers can do.

#11956 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Not looking good for visiting teams in the playoffs this weekend.

Your perception will change come 4:40.

#11961 5 years ago

Wow. Good first drive NO.

#11962 5 years ago

And so it begins. No flag on a helmet to helmet hit on Agholor.

#11964 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Why does Nola's offense look like the Jets offense right now?

Courtesy of pressure from Eagles D.

#11966 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

Pocket is collapsing on nearly every throw for Brees. Saints D finally getting pressure on Foles. Should be an entertaining second half.

Definitely should be. I was getting concerned with the Eagles D dropping off like flies. No idea why Pederson called a time out with 10 seconds left and NO having no timeouts. Pretty much gave them three points.

Good luck to you and your team. I have a feeling it will be a nailbiter.

#11968 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

That 10 minute drive has got to wind a defense.

Definitely. Big difference between the first and second half on both sides.

#11971 5 years ago

20 unanswered. Philly needs to turn it around pretty quick to stay in this.

Yeah, not going to happen. Brees just ate up 10 minutes 2 drives ago. It was all saints in the second half.

#11979 5 years ago

Yeah, they just should’ve went to the two minute warning. No idea why he snapped that ball.

#11985 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Philly fans all scrambling to get a seat on the Saints or Rams bandwagon right now. Gotta cheer for a winner so they can feel better about themselves.

Are you always so douchey? I’m not jumping on any bandwagon. Now it just becomes about gambling.

I said they had a 65% chance, and it went the other way.

#11987 5 years ago

Eagles actually put out a great effort. All the fans down there said it was going to be a blowout like last time. It wasn’t.

Eagles had plenty of chances to win that game, and both underthrown passes by Foles would’ve been touchdowns. They even had a chance down to the wire, and just didn’t perform. Congrats and good luck to the Saints.

#11992 5 years ago

That was a joke and a slight in regards to their season ending, as mine just did. I didn’t say a damn thing about those posts above about mine ending likewise. It’s all talking shit in good fun.

I didn’t make comments about their fans “needing to feel better about themselves.” Spend less time typing and more time going to find a new kicker to replace Parkey.

#12076 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes they happened and are solely responsible for the Pats complete dominance of football over the last 19 years.
L. O. L.

Is it ironic that the Eagles sustained so many injuries after Payton brought a wheelbarrow full of cash into NO’s locker room? Last time he did that...

Hahaha. Just screwing around. Brady and Belichick have cheated, but that doesn’t take away their talent and all the success they’ve had. The Pats are at the top year after year after year. That’s not an easy feat to accomplish, and consistently.

#12078 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm leaning towards KC and Rams but it's early and i may waffle before or after next weekend.

I can see that...might be the year for Mahomes or Goff, and for Brady to finally hang the cleats up.

#12079 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

and when Wentz gets hurt again their season will be over.

Hey!!! Ass.

#12084 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Speaking of which did they ever state how he broke his back?

Locally, they just said it was a “progressive” injury. I’m not so sure there was any type of acute event.

Quoted from Erik:

lol! what's the sentiment with philly fans with Wentz? Still Wentzylvania? Or trade him for a bounty and go with Foles?

Sentiment is that he was the number two overall behind Goff, and supposed to be our franchise Q back. I’m definitely concerned about his amount of injuries, considering he was also injured his last year of college. Foles will go, I’m sure he’s looking for a starting spot. He even said so in post game interviews yesterday.

It always annoys me a little. If you look at the hit the Rams delivered last year, Wentz was clearly in the endzone already anyway, yet two players sandwiched his knee and totally obliterated it. There was no need for a hit like that, especially from two players concurrently.

#12085 5 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Their offense looked to me like it was predicated on running and playaction. Then teams stopped respecting the play action and stacked the line, and the offense wasn't the same.

The Rams are big on playaction and RPO’s, because Goff is mobile and can make plays on his feet, but can also stay in the pocket and play comfortably from there. When he does run, he’s pretty damn quick also.

#12108 5 years ago

Well that’s that. Kudos on ending that argument.

Although there is a lot of references to PED usage on that site, which isn’t the same as filming another team’s practice, stealing a playbook, deflating balls, etc.

I think we can only all imagine the antics teams engage in to get an advantage. There is a lot of money in the NFL, so plenty of money to spend on bullshit.

I’m not sure if I should jump on the Rams or Chiefs bandwagon at this point. Really trying to feel better about myself after that loss.

#12114 5 years ago
5DF0FEDD-A1B5-43BF-9083-5D0191127A64 (resized).png5DF0FEDD-A1B5-43BF-9083-5D0191127A64 (resized).png
#12138 5 years ago

Saints definitely got screwed there with no pass interference call.

#12141 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

One of the worst non calls ever.

Payton is still over there screaming at the official. If they lose, you can argue that cost them the game.

#12150 5 years ago

Yeah, it was a bum call, and they’ve been happening all year. So much for preseason when they said they were weren’t going to make any calls that could ultimately decide a game. They’ve done it all year. It’s a joke. Saints got ripped off.

Not like the Rams didn’t play well though.

#12152 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And I am happy or McVeigh. Like I said just another failure by the Redskin to let him go. Gotta be the worst organization in football.

I’m just glad I jumped on the right bandwagon. My team pulled it out. Now maybe I can finally start feeling better about myself.

#12173 5 years ago

There’s Mahomes!! Big defensive play on this drive and they are right back in it.

#12182 5 years ago

What bullshit. Could the Patriots get any more breaks? Two BS roughing the passer penalties for the golden boy when he wasn’t even touched, holding on a Chiefs interception, Gronk pushing off and no flag, what a joke.

#12374 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Maybe Colson knows better than I, but Reid is one of these guys who always has a shittyD, right? Like shanahan?
I mean, imagine if the chiefs had even an average D this season.

Reid historically does have a shitty defense. He is an offense guy, and often lets the D coach run the whole other side of the ball. Doesn’t work out.

If KC had even a “decent” defense, they would have won that game hands down.

#12375 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

I do not think they are as good as they were years ago. Just my opinion.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Correct and im.not being a dick or knocking them, but they are an average team at best right now.

The Pats’ overall game is definitely deflating at this point.

#12400 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

are Pinside Moderators allowed to troll? Not a complaint because I think the Mods on this site are excellent, just wondering...

Irony = NE fan questioning rules. Glad Jodester deflated that before it gained legs.

#12409 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Can't we all agree that the Lombardi trophy be renamed the Belichick trophy? I mean he does have 7 going on 8 rings and 11 appearances. Lombardi only had two Super Bowl victories and 3 pre SB. I think we should all get together and appeal to Roger Goodell.

I’ll meet you halfway. The NFL can have a second one called the Pats-players-smash-cell-phones-to-destroy-evidence Trophy, or Evidence Spoliation Trophy. We can certainly refer to it as “The Belichick” or “The Brady” if you want.

I predict The Goff is going to win the trophy; replace “The Hoff”; and the 600 play Baywatch thread will be resurrected.

#12432 5 years ago

Well, at least we can all agree that the Pro Bowl has become the most irrelevant and joke of a major sporting event on the planet. They are just hanging out, playing a game of touch football and high-fiving each other all afternoon. I remember when the Pro Bowl meant something and was an actual game.

It would be more interesting and fun to watch a 3-hour broadcast of all the NFL players just hanging out and partying with cocaine and strippers. Or in other words...just be able to watch the actual after party.

#12452 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Come on let's hear your stories! so tell us about your love in an elevator!

I’m suddenly wanting to add an Aerosmith pin to the line up...

#12453 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

If that happened to me, my phone would have been acid washed by noon.

Things people do because they clearly have nothing to hide...

Now I see why Pats fans think what their team does is ok.

#12462 5 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

And our team isn't ok... they are the best team in the NFL. Have a look at the record as we travel down to Atlanta for another Super Bowl

Given you want to put everything in legal context, I didn’t say “your team was OK”, I said you agreeing that destroying evidence is acceptable and what your “team does is OK” speaks to the fan base. Meaning all the cheating and miscellaneous “things” they’ve done to help themselves win over the last several years. And that’s only what we know about. I can only imagine what else they’ve done.

The reality is the Pats are an excellent team. Nobody can deny that.

Which is why I really don’t understand why they’ve resorted to cheating when they have, as if they had to resort to such behavior for any type of advantage.

You can’t blame other fans for pointing out what they’ve done, when they are the morons that did it in the first place when they didn’t even have to. They themselves have tarnished their reputation and placed the ?’s next to some of their SB victories or seasons.

All I know is I would rather have my team have a dynasty like you do, and all those achievements and victories without ?’s even mentioned. The Patriots will forever be mentioned as the greatest dynasty in the last 20 years, with references to cheating intermingled. Sad.

And only a Pats fan would put references to texting both their wife and girlfriend in a public forum. Looks like you may be destroying your cell phone and Pinside account one day...or writing your wife a much bigger check than you had anticipated.

#12489 5 years ago

If anybody wants a bet that is a lock, I’m throwing at least $100 that sore loser ass Brady doesn’t shake Goff’s hand if the Rams win. Just like he stiffed Foles last year.

#12502 5 years ago

This is absolutely the worst and most boring Super Bowl I have watched in several years.

#12506 5 years ago

If I wanted to see no scoring I would’ve went to the bar and watched my buddies.

#12559 5 years ago

Patriots fans today: "What a defensive juggernaut of a game!!! Best SB ever, and my team still pulled it off!! Brady is the best!!"

Rams fans today (while in line at Starbucks): "What time is the SB next Sunday? What? The game was yesterday?"

Every other NFL team fan today: Well, that game really sucked.

A few pages ago somebody said Eagles fans always need to feel better about themselves. All I heard all week was how Pederson was "ok" last year but "McVay is the most innovative offensive mind to grace the sport in years". Rams = 3 points, 260 yards, Eagles last year = 41 points, and 538 yards against the same exact team. And walked away with the ring.

I officially feel better both about myself, and my team...sans bandwagon.

#12561 5 years ago
Quoted from mcclad:

Awesome. Well said.
I am a Patriots fan. That game really sucked. LOL. I think that is the worst SB that I have ever seen.

Well, for what it's worth...congrats on another ring. Not that the Pats had to do a whole lot to earn it.

#12572 5 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL the same team there was no Julian Edelmen and gronk got a concussion the game before the SB

Whatever dude. Last year was a fucking shootout, and Birds won the contest. And with the game coming down to a strip on Brady by Brandon Graham on the Pats two minute drill that they usually pull off, that’s friggin entertainment. Nailbiting at its finest.

That was a game to watch. Last nights game? I get more excitement watching Jeopardy with my grandmother.

#12607 5 years ago

Meh. Misquoted post. Deleted.

#12616 5 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Quotes for truth

Not sure if you saw, but they are allowing male cheerleaders on NFL squads now. New Orleans did it and a few other teams. You should try out.

Maybe Brady will give you a big smooch instead of Kraft.

#12636 5 years ago

Bury this shitshow. We can go here because we are sick of reading about the Patriots and their shenanigans.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-2020-nfl-thread#post-4826829

#12689 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Wow shades of the old NFL when the QB's weren't so protected, this could be good.

Definitely. San Ant’s qback got steamrolled at full speed last night in the middle of a throw, helmet flew off mid-air, he nailed the ground. No flag. Excellent.

I’d like to see how Brady could do under conditions like that.

1 week later
#12722 5 years ago
61DFD0D9-509A-4C65-B98B-6877C3EA267E (resized).jpeg61DFD0D9-509A-4C65-B98B-6877C3EA267E (resized).jpeg
#12784 5 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

After this season, I just can’t remember losing to the Eagles

7F80E559-D520-4439-9873-D0CB8D957E3F (resized).png7F80E559-D520-4439-9873-D0CB8D957E3F (resized).png
#12786 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Eaglesfans living off the vapor trails of their one shining moment over a year later. Creates new NFL thread 4 days after the last SB because Pats fans are too excited.

Holy shit! Where did you find that picture of Kraft in his younger years before his first trip to the spa? Looks like he was getting a double massage that day.

I have never seen fans of a successful, dominating team with so many wins under their belt be so bitter and have so much to complain about constantly.

#12796 5 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Can't be that nice a stadium if they have to rebuild the section holding the banners every few years.

Or to grow the Club Box / VIP Suites (aka the rub & tug section) for executives upstairs.

1 week later
#12813 5 years ago

There are about 30 people in the stands for San Antonio v. Birmingham. AAF might not survive another week.

1 week later
#12909 5 years ago

Foles to Jacksonville. He’s going to need more weapons and targets to actually throw to if he’s going to succeed there.

4 months later
#13043 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'll still be a fan though, cry for the losses and celebrate the wins!

Get ready to cry more than celebrate RWH!

13D60E08-A5FC-46B7-8288-D2FED7BB7EB8 (resized).jpeg13D60E08-A5FC-46B7-8288-D2FED7BB7EB8 (resized).jpeg
#13045 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

They'll be plenty of crying going on in this thread during the season without me adding to it! , but, yeah it looks to be a long one for us Bengal fans.

Maybe Dalton will finally step it up this year (if his poor little thumb still doesn’t hurt ). If he does play and doesn’t step it up in the first 5 games, they should throw Driskel back in like last year. I remember he had a pretty good game against the Browns around the holidays.

#13051 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

sad cause it also means winter is coming on and I hate few things worse than winter.

What???? Winter is the shit. Who wouldn’t rather be a little cold than sweat your ass off? Plus it gives you more time to work on games. I guess if my season was over every year by December I wouldn't like winter much either.

#13053 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

We've had our runs but, you don't really think the eagles will make the playoffs do ya?????????? Come on Man!

Oh they are definitely making the playoffs. How far they go might be another question.

What fan goes into the season not thinking or hoping their team will make the playoffs? At least we all know Kraft will make a sincere effort to jerk or stroke his team into another playoff run.

#13058 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think he'll end up starting sometime early this year and that'll be that for Eli.

Should have been it for Eli the year before last. At this point he’s ruining his own numbers and chances to get into the HOF. And I’m not just saying that because he’s one of my division rivals.

#13064 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Once Wentz gets hurt again the Birds are gonna be in very poor shape.

Boooooooooooooo! For both comments. Eagles could lose half their team and still not be as bad as the Redskins.

#13065 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I'm gonna go with choice A.
Go Chargers!

I’ll take “C”, and the redhead in the front of the picture...and maybe the blonde two back on the left.

2 weeks later
#13193 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Shouldn't this be the 2019-2020 thread??

I started a new one 6 or 7 months ago, and it quickly got bashed down and ended up in the basement.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/official-2019-2020-nfl-thread

#13194 4 years ago

It looks like I missed two pages of posts I just had to weed through involving racism, Jay Z, and several other issues I’m glad I was absent for.

Eagles will be just fine. Wentz is going to show resilience this season. If he goes down again, then I’ll be concerned.

#13234 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I got eagles winning the division with Dallas will be a bit behind them.

Finally somebody brings some sense into the thread, and an unbiased fan.

But how dare you contradict the all-knowing prophet Levi?

#13239 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How do you see the NFC East shaping up?

Eagles
Dallas
Giants
Foreskins

Wentz earns MVP he should have had in 2017.

#13245 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Lol, you guys act as though the NFC Least will have any relevance this season. You crack me up.

Well plus I got DeSean back....we all remember him?

#13251 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Naw we're just talking some ball, pretty sure everyone other than Colson knows nothing will come out of it.

Dick.

Quoted from vicjw66:

I watched that game live. Great game, but the best part was seeing Tom Coughlin lose his shit after that return. Jackson was burning them that whole game and they kept kicking to him. The punter got an earful.

I remember it live...I miss Mike Vick. Had a friggin arm from hell. And I certainly remember the famous clipboard throw by Coughlin.

#13260 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No disrespect Colson but, Vick is a piece of shit and got what he deserved for his treatment of dogs. I'm leaving his NFL career out as he was a good QB but, a low-life human.

I agree on that front. I read all of his court cases, and there was a lot going on there. Without arguing about it, unlike a lot of other “celebrities” that pull a card or pull strings to get off with a slap on the wrist, he served his time with no questions asked. I’m a dog lover, so I absolutely hate what he did and was involved in.

I was merely referencing his abilities as a quarterback and how talented he was.

#13261 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Much rather think of Randall Cunningham whom was better in every part of the game.

Until he defected to the Vikings.

#13281 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wentz is better than any QB in the NFC east full stop.

#13282 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Experts poll saying Wentz or Mahomes favorite to win MVP.

That opinion seems to differ from all the “experts” in this thread.

#13320 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Just got back from Dallas me and my son to watch the cowboys beat up on the Texans. We were front row got to play catch with jj watt and got on the field at the end of the game.

Great pics man! (Although it pains me to say it while staring at that star on the field)

#13326 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But most Eagles fans were crushed when Wentz was lost to injury that year had no hope that Foles would continue to win. Truly shows that it was a team effort.

I know I’m biased, but what some people overlook too was that play should’ve been a complete penalty on the Rams. Wentz was in the end zone, and got sandwiched between two players almost with a clear intent to hurt him. No reason to hit a quarterback like that when he had already breached the plane.

And without Wentz’s 13-3 run, Eagles most likely wouldn’t have been in contention for SB in the first place.

As all Eagles fans, I’m definitely concerned and waiting to see how the season plays out.

Mahomes is crazy talented, and should have a stellar year. That is if Andy Reid can manage the clock properly.

#13329 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Once QB turns into a runner there is no protection from being tackled. That’s the problem with option QB they can’t take the abuse like a running back does. Also of note the TD was nullified by holding so Wentz was able to stay in and throw a TD with a torn ACL.

One of the reasons I don’t like him running, because you lose that protection. Still no need to hit him the way they did when he was already in the end zone, or any quarterback for that matter.

#13331 4 years ago

Either way...Suck it Dallas.

B49C7E86-E255-448B-9C7A-FF1F45DF69B8 (resized).jpegB49C7E86-E255-448B-9C7A-FF1F45DF69B8 (resized).jpeg
#13333 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I think you are misremembering that play. They hit him right at the goal line.

I disagree. What a surprise. LOL. Only the tip of the ball has to touch the goal line these days. He was clearly getting in no matter what they did, unless they dove at him helmet to helmet at the 2 yard line. Watch it real time and tell me that they had to hit him the way that they did.

It was unnecessary, overzealous and an egregious hit, especially coming from two defensemen simultaneously.

#fauxfullscreen

#13335 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

[quoted image]

Haha. Nice. Their last SB win was in 1995. 24 years ago, and the year after I graduated high school.

I think Jerry Jones was only 70 then.

#13395 4 years ago

In other news - I'm making some fucking chili right now. Football is so close I can smell it!

Is there cheese in that chili? If you Pack fans could get your women to sport these instead, that would be great.

3870ACCD-B73D-4C65-BA51-EDBE5D254BE2 (resized).jpeg3870ACCD-B73D-4C65-BA51-EDBE5D254BE2 (resized).jpeg
#13396 4 years ago

Does anyone have any insight into the upcoming games?

Eagles 28, Redskins 10

#13398 4 years ago

Here’s my picks for the week via office pool.

12DD8228-919C-4C6B-BD77-1A90C5E7D712 (resized).png12DD8228-919C-4C6B-BD77-1A90C5E7D712 (resized).png
#13401 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

but the cards over the lions & Texans over the saints?! CMON MAN..
I just had to say that...

Haha. Lions sans Megatron aren’t what they were back then, and Stafford drops off at odd times during games. I think Kyler Murray wants to prove something this year, so he’s going to come out firing. Or at least trying to.

Saints and Brees could be hit or miss this season. I just feel like the Texans might pull it off. Right now Saints are giving 7 points, so at minimum I think the Texans might cover.

Week one is always a crapshoot.

#13415 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Check out your picks.
“Either way...Suck it Dallas”. Was your quote glad to see we could be of help to you. Lol.

Money is money. But it was painful for me to circle that. And when I submitted that sheet last week, Jerry Jones hadn’t licked Elliot’s balls yet.

#13416 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll grant you the Eagles win (as long as Wentz doesn't partially tear his MCL running out of the locker room)

“This post was moderated 10 minutes ago. Broken record.”

If I ever see you on the street...

DA70FC69-9B1B-4DA3-8E49-445E295976A2.gifDA70FC69-9B1B-4DA3-8E49-445E295976A2.gif
#13429 4 years ago
D6D9E6DE-9004-4CB5-9927-634898607AC9 (resized).jpegD6D9E6DE-9004-4CB5-9927-634898607AC9 (resized).jpeg
#13460 4 years ago

Enough chatter. Let’s get this freaking game/season underway!

Sidenote. For anybody watching the pregame, I would bang Kim Pegula.

#13468 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Now I don’t mean to say you’re like Hitler, but there it is.

02D1BC55-FB7F-4769-9984-75C1B5E4E32E.gif02D1BC55-FB7F-4769-9984-75C1B5E4E32E.gif
#13476 4 years ago

One game down in the W column...who said Bears were gonna take the Packers down?

9294FF16-9D7D-49DD-ADF0-CE3F49F99A21 (resized).jpeg9294FF16-9D7D-49DD-ADF0-CE3F49F99A21 (resized).jpeg
#13479 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im not trying to stir the pot here at all, i am just trying to understand why you consider them a hate group.

74900D59-0F2A-4A4E-AD02-0621F68F40EF.gif74900D59-0F2A-4A4E-AD02-0621F68F40EF.gif
#13537 4 years ago

Comes in to see what’s going on in the NFL...realizes he’s in the ACLU forum on a pinball site.

AB6F6D6C-8254-45D0-9FC7-DE74FD75CC6D.gifAB6F6D6C-8254-45D0-9FC7-DE74FD75CC6D.gif
#13543 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I could spam the heck out of it with talk of Sega Madden 93, as that is something I am kind of an expert on.

93 Madden was awesome. Was in 11th grade in my video game prime.

What does everybody think Jacksonville is going to do this season with Foles at the helm? 8-8?

#13548 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Ehhh, I think the Jags will get 11 wins. Their defense is ridiculous and while Foles isnt great, hes waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy better than bortles. Tom coughlin was sniffing glue when he gave bortles an extension after the 2017 season. Also, their division isnt great after Luck retired

Yeah, their division doesn’t have much, but 11 wins? That would be a stellar first season as a starter there for Nicky boy.

#13550 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So foles sucks now?
Dude seems like a winner to me, from what I’ve seen the past couple of years.

More Levilytics. Where did I say he sucked? It’s not him I’m pessimistic about, it’s the team around him. Boy won me a ring. And his suggestion of the Philly Philly on 4th friggin down. Ballsy, and confident. Great qualities.

But he commanded the Eagles offense well when he ran it, and they played hard for him. For whatever reason. I don’t know that he has that kind of camaraderie with the Jags as of yet.

#13646 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Damn Colson, I guess you (and the entire media) were right about a blowout in Philly today!

Quoted from vicjw66:

You spoke too soon. Colson is going to come on here and rub it in your face.

What’s up fellas?

Luckily I was at a family party watching, but banned from excessive cell & iPad action.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's way too classy for that!
Besides probably still whining about Djax' personal foul in the first quarter. "Refs got it out for us!"

It was all good. Everybody already knows that Norman is an insufferable asshat. Although I used to really enjoy watching he and OBJ go at each other on the field. Still a shame he’s such a douche, because he’s a good player.

Besides, DJax got the last laugh...8 for 154 with a pair of 50+ yard TD’s. Which hasn’t been done since OBJ did it in 2016 against the Ravens.

Eagles definitely came out of the gate slow, O wasn’t clicking and D was giving stupid plays up getting burned. Birds eventually got their groove back in the 2nd half faster than Stella.

#13662 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Pittsburgh getting slapped around.

This game is ridiculous. And Rothlisberger just said yesterday that he’s “in it to win this year and take Pittsburgh back to the big game.”

Does he mean game 16 of the regular season is “the big game”? Because that’s the last game he’ll be playing in if they keep this up. For Christ’s sake, score some points. Get on the damn board.

#13691 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Colson must have been dancing down the street after the Eagles came back!!! Really what makes football great, any team, any day, time, or place you can win!

I was quite jubilant. I was a little nervous until the 2nd half, but I also knew that the way they came out in the 1st quarter was not indicative of their talents or capabilities.

#13712 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Okay guys back to reality. Should we start a pool for how long AB last with the Patriots? I say he'll last all of 8 games before they boot him or simply bench him.

I think 16. Belichick will rehabilitate him and change his attitude/ways, and AB will become one of the most successful, respected and influential players in the game.

AB will engage in a variety of philanthropic work, then donate his time on the weekends to the homeless shelters serving food.

I agree with you RWH, I’ll go with 8 games or less until there is some shitshow mess going on.

#13726 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I was shocked that the Eagles came back, I mean the skins looked to be dominating on both sides of the ball and then they just imploded. Don't get it, hell don't get it when my team does the same stupid shit.

To me it just looked like the Skins were totally on their game out of the gate, Eagles were not. Once they found their footing, game changed.

Apparently the Birds weren’t concerned, like I was...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/08/desean-jacksons-first-touchdown-snapped-philly-out-of-its-funk/amp/

#13767 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

FUCK! Picked for jury duty. And it’s a civil trial involving the cops and a false arrest.
I tried reading all of the Ohio thug posts verbatim to no avail. I was sure that would work.
I guess they just like my face?! Would you guys want me on a jury?!

Maybe if it was Kaneda getting falsely arrested for spitting his drink onto a tournament player at an event. But then again, there would be no arrest there because you take resolving such matters into your own hands.

#13773 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

This and Sunday’s Miami loss, really help to move the line on this Sunday’s matchup.

As long as he doesn’t use the hyperbaric chamber Brady has in his house. Can’t have any more frostbitten feet!!

#13778 4 years ago
144A68A6-386F-40F3-A2E9-39DDCD0843E5 (resized).png144A68A6-386F-40F3-A2E9-39DDCD0843E5 (resized).png
#13829 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

He's not facing criminal charges as this is a civil action which for me (I could easily be way off here) says she may be out for whatever $$$$$$ she can get rather than really wanting to right a wrong doing.
Even complete assholes deserve fair treatment so I hope this gets handled correctly.

She’s bringing it in civil court for two reasons. One, because there would be a pay off involved. Two, because the proof burden is much lesser in civil court, being preponderance of the evidence vs. proof beyond a reasonable doubt. (ie. The OJ criminal vs. civil verdicts).

#13830 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s worse than that. The polygraph is mostly a big prop and it is the guy operating it through his own intuition and experience that is making the call whether he thinks your truthful or not.

That’s why lie detectors results are commonly not admissible as evidence.

#13847 4 years ago

I like football.

#13849 4 years ago

I’m going Eagles 34, Falcons 31. Or it could turn out vice versa.

#13850 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At least jury duty isn't on Sunday.

It can be if you’re sequestered. It’s great to have you back man.

#13861 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Who the fuck is Hilton?

My brother who played in the NFL before...for the Bears.

#13879 4 years ago

Sam Darnold out for 3-4 weeks with mono. Next man up...Trevor Semen (spelling error intentional).

#13885 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Bell getting an MRI as well. I almost want to pick Cleveland for my survivor pool this week. Think I'm gonna stick with Carolina though.

I’d stick with Carolina too...but MNF at least just got more interesting, or might be a total snooze fest.

#13908 4 years ago

The NFL is the most reactionary sports league there is. Once a game is determined by something, they go out and fix it retroactively. It's usually rushed, and feels like more of an attempt to take the heat off of the discussion than to actually improve the game.
The MLB on the other hand, they're gonna need to see some more crushed toddler heads before they extend the netting down the foul line. Once they do make that decision, it will take 5 years to implement.

There’s no incentive to take more drastic measures, as long as the doctrine of “assumption of the risk” applies to lawsuits in sporting events. Teams and stadiums can pretty much escape any theory of liability based on that doctrine. It’s existed in sports law for decades.

#13911 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

What's up with Cams outfit? Good Lord someone call the fashion police on this guy! What a f'ing Diva.

“The Quarterback formally known as Cam”. Or maybe he will just start using a symbol as his name.

It’s nauseating how full of himself he is. But he does do a lot of good in his community, so I give him props for that.

#13916 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

You know who is the biggest thug in Football? Jets defensive coordinator Gregg Williams. It looks like he’s at it again. Ask Bret Favre what he thinks of that guy. Of course you will never here the Ohio guys call him a thug. No, he just believes in old school football.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's an absolute creep. Still had the Redskins playing awesome defense in the Gibbs years - in fact the redskins have been terrible on D since he left. In the NFL that's really all that matters, at least if your appearance is non-thug like.

Don't take the bait Who-Dey! They are really trying to reel you in...

#13952 4 years ago

Was hangin out with Celek at a pregame pep rally in Philly...go Birds!

4183B5EC-E61D-4487-A235-C94759F77EE8 (resized).jpeg4183B5EC-E61D-4487-A235-C94759F77EE8 (resized).jpeg1E5B3050-8B6F-464C-9DC1-9CE86B376228 (resized).jpeg1E5B3050-8B6F-464C-9DC1-9CE86B376228 (resized).jpeg
#13960 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

The Vikings had a touchdown overturned on a booth review for offensive pass interference. Horrible overturn call by the ref. Fuck the Saints.

Yeah, that was crap. I see that rule being scrapped by the end of the season, but it should really come sooner.

They should just install sensors on the uniforms of all receivers and tight ends, kind of like the game Operation. Defender or WR/TE touches another player, a red light and loud buzz goes off. That would stop interference on both sides.

It may come to that if this crap keeps up.

#13969 4 years ago

If the Birds pull this one off with half my team on the sideline, it’ll be a fucking miracle.

#13976 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Didn’t Wentz learn his lesson against the Rams about diving for the end zone? Still, ballsy call on 4th down to go for the touchdown.

Apparently not.

Quoted from TheLaw:

My God... "the runner gives himself up when he drives head first... Same as feet first slide. "
Wtf are they talking aboot? That like how 40% of run in plays end.. Makes no sense.

And that is total bullshit.

#13977 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

As a Cowboys fan...I have to be somewhat happy, but I have Wentz on my fantasy team! He had his worst half EVER today...

They look like they looked in the first half last week. Just a mess. My only defense is they are missing 3 starters, including Alshon and DJack. If they can drag this drive out for another six minutes and score a TD…

#13986 4 years ago

A great finish. At least it wasn’t a shitty Sunday night game.

#13992 4 years ago

Bright side? At least while watching the game (and Agholor single-handedly throw it away), I got more of the tear down on my Spiderman resto done. So it wasn’t a total loss for me.

8FEAA3B0-9FFB-4B85-8735-7A9FC5984962 (resized).jpeg8FEAA3B0-9FFB-4B85-8735-7A9FC5984962 (resized).jpeg26A46CB7-E177-4658-BBAB-28CF2EFDE53C (resized).jpeg26A46CB7-E177-4658-BBAB-28CF2EFDE53C (resized).jpegEC9D0E49-6D39-411C-A9E7-3E3CCD3B9416 (resized).jpegEC9D0E49-6D39-411C-A9E7-3E3CCD3B9416 (resized).jpeg
#13998 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

We all know them cowboys are gonna win the east!

#14010 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

honestly how can you ever trust this guy even in a clutch situation? I mean first half ok but can't trust him to catch a ball during the final drive.
speaking of inexcusable, how could Ertz not have run past the first down marker on the 4th down throw? Run another 5 inches buddy and we still have a chance.

I hear you there. Nelson tried to redeem himself with catching that bomb a play or two later, but the other catch would’ve been a fucking touchdown. So the former doesn’t cancel the latter.

Ertz definitely has to have more awareness of where he needed to get to, but at least he had humility and accepted some blame in the post game interview.

#14011 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sometimes with all the defenders it's hard to see the animated yellow line on the field.

LMAO.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I put that down more to a great tackle than anything Ertz did wrong. He wasn't moving when he caught the ball so it's not like he had momentum to force it forward.

It was a good tackle. At least the defenders knew where he had to get to.

Still sucks. That should’ve been a win. They had their opportunities to pull it off, just didn’t capitalize.

I’m glad the Falcons were ecstatic that they beat the Eagles with four of their starters, and key players, sitting on the sidelines.

Take away Julio Jones, and the Falcons have fucking nothing.

#14015 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well even if agholr caught that td, the defense probably would of given up another 70 yard td drive.

Perhaps. But everybody thought Jones was going to catch that jump ball in the end zone at the end of the game in 2018 as well. And we all know how that turned out.

#14016 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I find the emotion of sympathy in this case to be quite elusive. It's almost always a cop out excuse, except for when it gets super ridiculous.

Me? I wasn’t using it as an excuse for the loss. Birds shot themselves in the foot.

I’m just saying, with Ryan being an elite quarterback and all (in some eyes, not mine), Falcons should have expected to win once the Eagles were plagued with injuries in the 1st half. But instead they still had to battle to pull it off.

#14018 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm not sure if the Falcons are really any good. Let's revisit in a few weeks.
Was there a little part of you that wanted McCown to finish that drive? I don't think he could pull the weight into the playoffs like Foles did but seems like a very solid backup.

Haha. I wasn’t disappointed to see Wentz come back in, but I did want to see McCown finish that drive. He did look solid.

#14022 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Patriots were without 3 starters on their OL yesterday, just wait until everything comes together.

9741BB45-ADFA-48FD-A8CC-C6FA409C7507 (resized).jpeg9741BB45-ADFA-48FD-A8CC-C6FA409C7507 (resized).jpeg
#14029 4 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

They have even slanted it against the Pats by taking away first round picks and adding in fines because the NFL couldn’t bother learning air density in different temperatures. Speaking of which, what ever happened to the report from all their testing the next season? I’ll tell you what happened, the testing stopped because it proved the Patriots didn’t cheat. No reason to report that.

Come on Dave...let’s not go back down that road. I guess Brady didn’t understand air densities either, given that he smashed his cell phone under his foot when they subpoenaed it.

And Kraft clearly and honestly thought that massage place was a legit establishment.

We all know the Pats have talent. It’s not an attack for someone to generically say they would like to see some other teams in the big game.

#14070 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There will be many huge passing days against the birds this season regardless of opponent.

Nope..won’t happen. Eagles will implement Pats-style “game planning” from here on out (ie. filming other team’s practices)

“Watching film” has a whole different meaning when you’re a Patriot.

Quoted from DaveH:

Sigh. You’re right Colson. It’s probably not an attack against the team I cheer for.

Fact remains that they’ve done questionable things. If you don’t want to be called shady, don’t do shady shit.

It’s like back when Sean Payton was suspended for putting bounties out there. NO fans initially were “offended” and felt attacked. That went away. Why? Because Peyton admitted to doing it, and paid the price (no pun intended).

Pats on the other hand never admit squat. Instead, they destroy evidence, be it a cell phone or having Goodell destroy videotapes.

I personally think that’s why Pats fans get up in arms. Because they know if their team exhibited humility and actually admitted doing even one thing wrong, all of their rings would mean Jack shit. And their fans know it.

Pats are a very talented team. No denying that. But they also cheat. Facts are facts.

https://www.businessinsider.com/espn-report-patriots-spygate-scandal-2015-9

2C5ED98C-8868-4C7E-B043-63C16999D27B (resized).jpeg2C5ED98C-8868-4C7E-B043-63C16999D27B (resized).jpeg
#14071 4 years ago

Wow...Cleveland. Semen’s gonna feel that ankle pain tomorrow.

#14090 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Somewhere Colin K's head is just exploding.

So is his bank account from the civil settlement. Probably regretting taking that knee at this point.

#14105 4 years ago
654E717B-3B97-43C2-A1FF-533E455CE516 (resized).jpeg654E717B-3B97-43C2-A1FF-533E455CE516 (resized).jpeg
#14116 4 years ago
70F9E824-7BED-4132-A10D-D5850CE2B6FC (resized).jpeg70F9E824-7BED-4132-A10D-D5850CE2B6FC (resized).jpeg
#14125 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s a brutal schedule.
I apologize in advance for Skins / Bears which will probably be a poor game.
Stadium will be a third Empty and split fairly evenly between bears and home fans.

I went out on a limb on a few of these, and I took the Redskins! WTF is happening.

FCA2CD42-C03C-4B1E-BDDC-A2F1E6F346EA (resized).jpegFCA2CD42-C03C-4B1E-BDDC-A2F1E6F346EA (resized).jpeg
#14128 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I don't like this risk.

I didn’t either, but I took it.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Raiders over Vikings eh

Both teams are at 500. Not doing good on the pool. My inclination was to pick the Vikings, so I picked the Raiders so I could actually win. Rule of opposites.

#14129 4 years ago

Browns over Rams was the most peculiar. But after the night Mayfield and OBJ just had...

#14133 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well that one was so universally laughable it wasn;t even worth responding to.

I suppose you’re right. It will only be a matter of time before OBJ is screaming at fans and talking to himself into the cooling fan on the sideline.

#14139 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

As the only threat you gotta think they can, but whom knows. Speaking of, Carolina starting QB?

Kyle Allen or Will Grier. Don't have good stats on either and no clue. I don't see anything showing who will be taking Whitney Newton's place as of yet.

#14143 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw Dallas again for the second week. Glad to see we could help.

Unfortunately you have to bet with your brain and not your heart. Dallas still sucks.

#14145 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

After seeing your picks I am not sure you are following your own advice. The browns looked pathetically bad in their first two games. Vikings losing at home to the Raiders is not happening.

What do you have the Rams at this year? 16-0?

The Rams only beat the Panthers by three points (whoopdie do) Week 1 and only whooped on the Saints last weekend because Brees hurt his little thumb.

And I wouldn’t say pathetically bad for the Browns, even though it was the Jets. If OBJ goes 6 for 160 again this week, they have a chance.

How about a friendly parlay? $25 via PayPal F&F. If I win one of those “not using your brain” picks, I win. If I lose both games, you win. Game?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
737 posts in this topic match your search for posts by colsond3. You are on page 1 of 3.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider colsond3.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=colsond3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.