pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (88 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (41 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2628 10 years ago

Fans here are crying for NFL ...must be nice

1 month later
#2650 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

I think i will retreat back to Canada before I get pitch forked for poaching!

Don't worry you hang at my place...just don't forget the mushrooms!

1 week later
#2699 9 years ago
Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Bills have the big balls!
Bills get Sammy Watkins!

So jealous. Not for buffalo, I dream of the day Toronto has a team. Lucky bastards...ill tell you one thing, our crazy 3 down football is fun to watch and the grey cups are always classic. Blue collar football with deep tradition across the country. Calgary stampeder fans riding horses in the royal York hotel during the grey cup in Toronto, Doug flutie...rocket Ismail, ..what a crazy league. I once sat at a game in Hamilton during a blizzard vs the Argos. Drunk as shit and had the best time. Canadians love football.

3 weeks later
#2712 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The Bears officially changed their logo today. Makes sense I suppose.

And a big Welcome to the new members to my Fantasy Football League!!!!!!

care_bear.jpg 12 KB

Hahaha!!

1 month later
#2718 9 years ago

Thats a good one!!!

#2720 9 years ago

Good football story I hope you enjoy!

I live in a small lakeside town in north Ontario. Garage sales are big in our community so every once and a while I'll zoom around sat mornings and check things out but I mostly enjoy talking to people and neighbours. Anyhow, I stopped in at one in particular a few years ago, down the street really and started to talk to this old man standing in the driveway. I love sports so most weekends I wear typical leafs or Argos-football t shirts. The old man says ...so ya like the Argos. I said hell yeah...I love the Argos and attend games every year. He says well check this out and he reaches in his pocket and pulls out an old Argos football card with his picture on it! Wow I said and kinda slapped him on his back...he said don't do that it hurts like hell! ..I was there talking to baz mackie for at least an hour mostly about his the old days of cfl football and my favourite....he says the reason some the players continued to run off the field in film is because the players didn't want to get in shit from the coaches if they recognized the player who had made the bad play! ....His son came out shortly, we are about the same age and immediately hit it off as he is a huge cfl supporter and die hard Argos fan. He ran in the house and Gave me an Argos winter jacket and baz signed it for me. That jacket has seen many many wintery days and is still my fav. I visit him and he comes walking by with his walker and son to my place...we talk about sports and in particular the way it was. I enjoy his and sons company very much. Recently baz was returned from a nursing home he didn't like. I'm glad because he looks better already. The thing I like most of all is how I can make baz feel good, laugh and forget about his constant pain. His eyes always fire up when he talks about the Argos and sports, particularly the bluejays. I'm going to see if he's up to attending an Argos game together with his son. (The cfl football season is now in full swing) He very old now but he still gets around...pretty fast actually. I'm going to see if I can find a golf cart for him to zoom around in.

#2721 9 years ago

Are we allowed to talk CFL?? CFL might fit the bill for you hard cores before NFL. check out the rules first, lots of passing and crazy high scores tight to the end. Grey cups are never a bust. Recommend you position the satellite for Hamilton vs Argos.

#2724 9 years ago
Quoted from TheDarkKnight68:

Gonna be a fun year!!

1000x1000-611.jpg 109 KB

Don't forget the hockey team Gretzky just invested in Seattle.

#2726 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

NO
edit----I know my Hi score initials are awesome but lets stay on topic with the NFL

Haha! No problem.. My son is a dolphins fan. I Don't give a crap I like every team and game but would become hard core supporter when Toronto Gets a franchise..sooner than later the NFL will cave in to whatever money they ask from Toronto. It will be a staggering number and probably set a record. I just hope it's soon I wonder if the hitch is the border
Edit: like every team, except buffalo..but I love Jim Kelly
I would rather spend my day at a petting zoo than going to Ralph Wilson. You know you want to make me shout...give it up already...

#2727 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

NO
edit----I know my Hi score initials are awesome but lets stay on topic with the NFL

On a side note flanker, there's a good chance I'll be travelling to WI to meet with curt mfg in Eau Claire. I'd love to take that LOR for a ride or you could recommend a good pinball spot. there is one LOR sort of close to me and I play when I get a chance...love it.

#2729 9 years ago

Thx Flanker, I appreciate that

6 years later
#31409 2 years ago

Let the jokes roll in but the biggest one is no Toronto NFL team.

#31414 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Toronto has a team - they play their games in Orchard Park.

Good one

#31417 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

closet Braves fan

Braves and red sox can kiss my ass

3 weeks later
#31473 2 years ago

At least I get to watch Josh Allen ...Please call your radio stations and ask why no Toronto Franchise? ?? We have tons of money to throw around. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

#31474 2 years ago

The Toronto Argos. Perfect.

1 week later
#31488 2 years ago

Thinking the same thing Levi..hockey’s bad for CTE as well.

#31502 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I know this will be hard to believe but the Lions pretty much sucked during the Bubba Baker years.
No surprise casual NFL fans never heard of him but he was a stud on otherwise dismal defense and won Defensive Rookie of the Year in 1978.

I lived in Windsor Ont most of my life and it is a shame. The stadium is great and the down town area has been revamped in recent years.
I have actually been on the field walking around
By myself...very cool.
GO Lions. Pretended I stiff armed in for a T.d
No kidding .

#31521 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Bucks in 6!
I haven't spotted Rodgers. Dude must just really hate championships.

Rogers back for another year is my guess. What QB is in the wings?

1 month later
#31780 2 years ago

If you like football ..3 down ball is not so bad and very entertaining
Might want to watch a few CFL games.

#31827 2 years ago

Haha ..now the ontario proline has to offer 1 game bets not the 3 minimum. Looking forward to the Season!

1 month later
#32803 2 years ago

Thanks alot Giants for wrecking my pro-line tickets. Any other pro line players here ? (That's a Canadian term)

#32805 2 years ago

I think I will send a pic-game list next time and let the pinball world decide my 8 dollar picks.

#32959 2 years ago

Thought I would ask ask fellow pinheads for Help with this weeks proline

35917192-77D4-4C3B-9BAF-2B7197B145FB (resized).jpeg35917192-77D4-4C3B-9BAF-2B7197B145FB (resized).jpeg43A872E8-C6C0-4F6B-86F1-515F3D808C2C (resized).jpeg43A872E8-C6C0-4F6B-86F1-515F3D808C2C (resized).jpeg
#32969 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Geoff Swaim and Racey McMath are going to tear it up!

Quoted from Erik:

The injuries are brutal for this early in the season, that's for sure. I think it's a close one.

Any other games on my proline list you guys like ?
Or anyone else...

#32973 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m an Eagles fan but I’d a bit shocked if they win today.

4 out of 5 starting Philly lineman from week 1 will not be playing today’s game. Love the Chiefs to cover

#32977 2 years ago

Wish me Luck!

82C7365B-6B79-478B-8675-DF36F58B7C3B (resized).jpeg82C7365B-6B79-478B-8675-DF36F58B7C3B (resized).jpeg
#32978 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

Tonight we discover who just how many have had a secret Tom (aka The GOAT) Brady man-crush
Must pick one: TB12 and the Bucs -OR- Bill B and the Pats
Who's it gonna be?

TB

#32986 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Fun fact: no one cares about your $8 sportsbet. This is the NFL thread.. not gambling!

Nice! Sorry Debow..you right. But it's just for fun

#33096 2 years ago

Chick fil on me ..Thx for pick erik

#33111 2 years ago

so...does anyone like a particular game this week? Just wondering...not that it really matters , Just for fun. but let’s pretend “points “ were involved.

#33127 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s perfect filler for non NFL nights. Let’s go Yankees!

Nagatory. .Leafs vs Habs pre-season game tonite

#33130 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’d rather watch the View

Let's be serious now. Cmon...whoppi Gilbert over a leafs Habs game??

#33272 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Browns, Steelers, Panthers.

Bills -2.5 ..or run for the hills?

2 months later
#35809 2 years ago

That's my team....that's my quarterback!

#35810 2 years ago

Please someone upload that video clip...merry Christmas

#36003 2 years ago

Asterisk on champs for all,sports this year? Cmon man...

4 months later
#42327 1 year ago

When do you guys seriously think Toronto will get a franchise?? We have tons of money ...anyone please

#42335 1 year ago

The NFL team in Toronto should be the the Argos.
If border expansion is so important them why not start with a sure thing in Toronto?? CfL is in a slow death for the last 15 years outside west Canada

#42336 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Lions have some quality players this year ,the RBs are strong and receivers too .IMO Defense needs a couple Guys

I'm tired of rooting for the Lions and Bill's.. couldn't care less anyhow.. Canada deserves a team.

#42340 1 year ago

Guitar logo!!! Brilliant James!

#42343 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

In preseason?

I did as a fact , attended a matty maroon visit to Detroit car show then party at the Detroit stadium afterwards. I had a few and went/snuck on the field myself and pretended the Lions won the superbowl because of my stiff arm TD.

2 months later
#43062 1 year ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

What, is there room for the NFL and the Argos in the same town?
I’d like to see Toronto in the NFL, personally. (Although the Lions would probably lose a lot of their fans in Windsor!)

CFL should at least use the CFL as a geeder

Quoted from TheLaw:

I heard on the radio the Lions are favored in 1 game off the bat.

Let’s be real Law

#43081 1 year ago

Are you selfish bastards calling Sports talk radio shows demanding a Team in Toronto?????

#43085 1 year ago

Amy knows shit about hockey ..it's disgusting

#43097 1 year ago

Sorry Amy I don't care about your grammie or your house..Best late night sports talk show?.I need a change

#43099 1 year ago

Thx! Ill check it out

#43104 1 year ago

..I have to continue to listen to Amy Lawrence?

#43105 1 year ago

I am on the Truman Show.

#43108 1 year ago

And another fight! Lmao

I'm still laughing thanks for sharing that

#43110 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Your insanity def works better in the NHL thread.

Fuck off asshole

2 weeks later
#43304 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Cards deleted the homework clause after Murray publicly complained about it

Is this a common caveat in contracts? I have no idea

#43306 1 year ago

mabey that's why Brady is so effective.. he quickly comprehends defensive positioning? Not quick in the brain is a problem

1 year later
#62098 6 months ago

Just me or is this just the most uninspiring season so far? Injuries , boring games. College season is more exciting.

#62102 6 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think it’s been great, totally unpredictable week to week.

I guess , good point.

#62105 6 months ago

Why the obsession with London? I dont get it.
Toronto????????? NFL players would Love Toronto or Montreal, Vancouver. Please explain why???
Toronto has tons of money sponsorship and fans.

#62106 6 months ago

BILLS vs Toronto...I wish.
You guys are lucky

#62108 6 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You guys have a pro football league, according to one occasional poster it’s much more entertaining than the NFL.

It is, but it's not the NFL. 3 down football is a blast but so is 4 down football. I don't care I like watching football and I wish before I croak , I get to see it happen.

#62109 6 months ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You guys have a pro football league, according to one occasional poster it’s much more entertaining than the NFL.

I don't have a Team to root for except on my pro-line ticket. Feel for the bacon.

#62110 6 months ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I don't watch college football, the lack of defense always kills it for me, teams just move the ball so easily. I think this season has been great so far, lots of close games, some teams with like the Dolphins, Bills, Bengals, Lions, Seahawks, Ravens and Cowboys are getting tested to see if they can play on the same level as the Chiefs, Eagles and 49ers. Trevor Lawrence is finally starting to live up to the hype from the draft a few years ago. There's alot that could play out over the next month with the 2nd tier teams.

I'm a big fan of Trevor Lawrence ..good for him seems like such a nice kid too.

#62114 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nobody wants to go to Toronto dude.

Why not? Money ..isn't what's all about Levy?

#62116 6 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Have Your People lobby The Raiders,Cardinals and Rams they seem to be willing to move with no loyalty to the local Fan base

¹
NFL wants to grow beyond the borders and not include Canada?

#62117 6 months ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

They appear to looking into a future of expansion to Mexico and London and Germany May as well add Toronto.Toronto is more feasible than the others

Couldn't agree more James, MLB , NHL, NBA ...but no NFL in Toronto. Ok so let's try Mexico or Germany before a proven market with lots of money.

4 months later
#75235 32 days ago

I must say I doubt I will be alive when Canada gets a franchise. I don’t understand why Toronto does not have one. We have all pro sports except The NFL and lots of money and support from the entire Country.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cdnpinbacon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=cdnpinbacon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.