pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (88 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (41 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1503 10 years ago

Damn you Green Bay!! Marshall and Jeffrey both drop costly balls.

Conte will be cut in offseason.

#1505 10 years ago

The reality - even if Bears won we would have lost in first round of playoffs with crappy D. Good luck Green Bay. Likely one and done too with same crappy D. But who knows.

#1510 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Cost me the freakin office pool. $50 taken out of my pinball funds. In Jeffreys hands and he drops it. A good throw to marshall and he's off and running. UNBELIEVABLE.

Jeffrey catches that ball and that likely is game.

Conte misses an interception AND misplays that last touchdown. Snip Snip - you're cut.

#1518 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The Packers making the playoffs has to be considered a big accomplishment, I thought Buck said 15 guys on IR, crazy, plus AR12 missing 1/2 the season.

Tip of the hat - fair point. I still can't believe with grabbing Flynn off the waiver wire and loads of injury, GB wins the division.

For some reason I picture you being the guy in the commercial of fans with weird good luck moves. Sack on on a pinball machine watching the game is the image that just won't escape me.

#1534 10 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Browns fired their head coach. Wow!

Holy cow. They actually played ok this year.

#1600 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Well you missed a good one . and yes no reason to challenge , and within the last 2 minutes (in fact the last seconds) of the game and on a turnover probably not even able to challenge . My question has no other meaning or reason other then I would like to know if someone else saw what I think I saw . If you would like to take a look at the last play and see if you saw what I saw and chime in here then great . If not then oh well I know everyone has better things to do then waste their time with my meaningless nonsense .

I think you are right on. I made my wife watch the end of the game with me and she called that he stepped over the line of scrimmage too. But you're right, only refs under 2 mins can make that call for replay.

What the hell took him so long to throw that last pass? He wasted so much time off the clock for that throw. He could have tried to hit one of the Wr's in stride and get a pass interference call or something.

BTW...I didn't like the late hit call in 1Q on the Bears when they sacked Rodgers. You can't stop a 290 pound DL running at full steam on a dime.

#1601 10 years ago

BTW... Lovie Smith, while a decent coach, messed up the Bears in that SuperBowl. Kyle should have always been the QB for that game. He got a raw deal and so did we. Orton is not a gun slinger QB but a game manager. That's all we needed with our D and Special Teams that year. But no, "Rex is our QB".

It was funny. After Lovie got fired, it was like a SNL skit. His legacy is all the video tape of "Rex is our QB. Rex is our QB." I thought after one horrible game by Cutler a year ago, Lovie screwed up and said "Rex is our QB."

I never felt so embarrassed to be a Bears fan then "Rex is our QB." news conferences.

#1605 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Not true, he chose to fall on him, he could have easily hopped over him. Watch it a few times.

Ah come on. You hold onto the ball long enough you get hit - Rodgers on your jersey or not. This is a Green Bay versus Bear rivalry game for crying out loud. If Forte or Lacey gets tackled and a defender almost always piles on a few seconds after they hit the ground why not Rodgers. His shoulder is either better or not. (You know I'm eggin you on right )

Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

5 head coaches let go today on NFL Black Monday (day after reg season ends) for the following teams:
Browns, Buccaneers, Lions, Redskins, & Vikings.

Tough job but payed very well. The three most attractive jobs in my mind are: Cleveland, Detroit and Houston.

Cleveland: Has some decent draft picks, few solid position players, nice D foundation - only way is up. You win there you become the new Ditka of Cleveland.

Detroit: Megatron, one of best D lines, and solid O all around. Just need discipline. Just make it to the playoffs and win becomes a legend.

Houston: Awesome skill players to build on top of. Not really sure why the bottom fell out - yeah QB - but solid foundation players. Texas loves football.

#1644 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

A large portion of WI (ouside of bigger cities) I have found to not be very accepting of homosexuality. IME at least.

I think Rodgers is hard not to like (even as a Bears fan) as he tends to be a pretty stand up guy. The media might eat it up, but more importantly it may challenge the beliefs of some very iggnorant people on what a 'Gay guy' looks liek to them and what is acceptable if their hero comes out.

Homosexual - who cares? His preference is none of my business. As long as he loves and not hates - enjoy my friend.

As a Bears fan I respect the hell out of Rodgers play. He's a hell of a football player. And IMHO might even be better than Favre. Yes I said it. He is so much more accurate. Taking nothing away from gunslinger Ironman Favre, Rodgers is the real deal. And for him to go through that draft day bs and soap opera of Favre retire/not retire/retire/not retire = man knows how to overcome adversity. True test of someone's character is how they respond to adversity. Rodgers simply is the man. Being homosexual doesn't change that.

#1648 10 years ago

Fair enough. I'd rather have Rodgers as Bears QB than Cutler.

I was in support of Bears getting a franchise QB in Cutler years ago. We finally have an offensive system he can settle into. But, even with the strong arm he has - I question his moxie.

I've become a believer in systems making QBs. Let a QB stay in the same system for a few years - to learn the system in and out - you can make much talent come to life. Look at Flynn. In GB system he's pretty decent. Others meh.

I guess we keep Cutler but I would franchise him for one year. Keep McCown and let's see what happens in 2014.

#1652 10 years ago

The best coach pickup last year was Bruce Arians (sp?) in Arizona. That guy is a great offensive minded coach. Get rid of Palmer, and watch out for Arz.

I'm not sure who would be best coach in Wash. People are saying Lovie but I'm not so sure. The defense will improve but the offense will not be a fit for RGIII. Maybe if you hired Lovie as HC and Kubiak as OC - now you might have something. Need a strong OC that will adapt the system to the player. Sort of like Carolina did - my man Rivera!

#1720 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Da Bears are sticking w/ Cutler for QB -- signed a 7-yr contract.
News article on ESPN website.

Just read it. I can't say I blame the Bears for the move since there really aren't better options in free agency. Stability at QB with a guy who has a strong arm, good football IQ, and whom his new offense line and WRs love has a lot of common sense to it. McCown could have been a band aid for two years while you groom a younger QB. Problem is, we need a defense overhaul not wasting a top 3 round draft pick on a QB who may be. Hard position with many misses - Cutler is a tad better than average so why not. Draft will be all D anyway.

Now, the nutty part is Peyton only makes $1.5M more per year than Cutler.

#1756 10 years ago

Predicted to be the coldest game played in NFL history. Enjoy that tailgate!!

While I honestly think SF is a better team than GB, I'm going to predict an upset. GB will beat SF this weekend. You heard it from a Bears fan. They lost to SF 34 to 28 week 1 in SF - before Lacey came into his own. Add the cold weather - I think they pull it out with Rodgers.

As long as Rodgers shoulder doesn't crack. No one appreciates playing in this kind of weather more than Bears and GB players. Bears have upset better teams in past playoffs with help from the weather (Philly game with Cunnigham). GB will get Mother Nature's assist.

#1778 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Packer D is ripe for getting run on by a QB like CK.

Good observation. They over pursue a lot. Run a QB bootlegs and they could be in trouble. But, I have no confidence CK can throw in GB even against a poor D.

Quoted from gambit3113:

My picks for Wild Card Round:

IND 31
KC 24

PHI 27
NO 23

CIN 35
SD 17

GB 20
SF 17

While I would like a few game outcomes different, I think this is pretty spot on. So many of these games could go either way though. SD is the big ? for me. I still can't believe they made the playoffs. Feeling like Giants season when they won it all.

1 week later
#2034 10 years ago

I really didn't care who won tonight's game - Indy or NE. But now, sort of glad NE won. That freakin owner of Indy's comments about Manning. I hope Manning takes Den to SuperBowl and wins just to stick it to him.

#2092 10 years ago

It was cool to see two ex-Bear teamates coaching against each other. I like Harbough and think his team played discipline football which is why they pulled it out in Carolina today. I just wish he'd tell his QB not to be a jackass and mock the other QB. Panthers D was awesome 1st half then imploded second half. Very passionate D. They will be good for awhile.

Hats off to P.Manning. Oh Mr. Irsay what were you saying? Go get your ring Peyton - you deserve it. QB's that actually run the offense - ala Jim Kelly and Dan Marino - so rare.

1 year later
#3956 9 years ago

OMG!!! I'm sorry GB but I'm laughing at Seattle luck against you guys.

#3958 9 years ago

And here comes Aaron Rodgers down the filed. Stud. Torn muscle and runs 10 yds on scramble

#3959 9 years ago

I have no skin in the game accept being a Bears fan. Would be funny to now throw a TD pass to Sherman side.

#3962 9 years ago

This one is gonna leave a mark for GB fans.

#3969 9 years ago

We know the "Immaculate Reception" and the "Comeback" now we know "The Choke"

#3974 9 years ago

Top selling item in Midwest

3b377bf5f7841ec1a13fe867650d4e0a.jpg3b377bf5f7841ec1a13fe867650d4e0a.jpg
#4013 9 years ago

Patriots will win Super Bowl. I'll call it here first. Sherman may be out for Seahawks and I think Brady-Belicheck get it done this year. Seahawks O not that good if you bottle up Lynch.

7 months later
#4304 8 years ago

You mean James Jones. Cobb looked slow today. Maybe still hurting. One catch was sweet, but credit Rodgers.

#4305 8 years ago

BTW hats off to Pack win. So many defensive holding non calls by Packers. Still would have won, but some of those were ridiculous.

Bears look so much better coached this year. Still 5-11 likely record.

#4317 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hush your mouth. You look a lot like Robbie Gould BTW.

I just texted this from the locker room with Erin Andrews.

#4318 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I couldn't count how many Packer defenders slipped by Bear Oline and they did the hook from behind and not called for Offensive holding.
Im also pretty sure Sam Shields was out late last night at a huge crack party.

I could, twice.

Seriously, that rookie DB for the Packers was hacking and holding all day. Keep an eye on him. Against a better WR and team (and refs with glasses), he's going to be lit up. Matthews though is still a stud on that D. Chased Forte down from behind and the beautiful int that we all knew was coming at some point in the game.

#4356 8 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's all anecdotal and circumstantial obviously, but I was impressed that a rival fan was treated as well as we were in Chicago.

It's a midwest thing I think. Chicagoans do have class when it comes to sports, especially Bears fans. We respect the rivalry between GB and the rest of the division. It's made for some great football. In the end, it's just an awesome game. Root for your team but do it with class win or lose. Enjoying the game and rivalries together is more fun.

#4383 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hear is to hoping he lays off those mini hot dogs

The mini hot dog looks like his one finger.

He made mini hot dogs out of his fingers!!

2 weeks later
#4573 8 years ago

Bears won??? OMG

#4588 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Sweet shank Saint kicker! Lol! Need some more garbage fantasy points from Witten!

Damn garbage time reception by Witten cost me one of my fantasy games. Lost by 1pt!!!

1 month later
#5183 8 years ago

Green Blay.....bahahah. First you lose to Cutler and now possibly Detroit twice in one season. Wow. Just Wow.

Someone tell Green Bay Halloween is over, stop pretending your the Bears. (Yes I'm enjoying this)

#5185 8 years ago

Last year wasn't the talk how great the GB WRs were with Nelson, Cobb and Adams? Now commentators no WR for Rodgers. I get Nelson is gone but what about giving McCarthy the O coordinator job back. That's the problem. Besides they just stink this year.

#5188 8 years ago

I don't condone the term or think GB is that bad, but this made me laugh so loud. What is that fan thinking? Centerflank!!

Packers.jpgPackers.jpg

#5233 8 years ago

I'll eat crow and say holy crap. Didn't see that happening. The penalty was a BS call. But, in game speed it does look like it could have been a wicked face mask.

But that's why they should replay that crap. Especially the end of a game outcome like that. Stupid Lioons D backs just watch GB catch the ball in front of them.

Congrats. No way they should have won - but they did.

#5238 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Billy, whats that place again you go to all the time where you get those happy endings? I forgot the name, you were raving about it at PBL.

Lambeau Field (see pic further up thread).

No other happy endings here my friend. Never been to a place like that, never will. Happy home no need.

#5239 8 years ago

Unknown-4.jpegUnknown-4.jpeg

All in fun. That was an unbelievable ending to a game.

3 years later
#11785 5 years ago

I think I just broke my TV. (in Sherman's voice) CODY PARKEY!!!

#11786 5 years ago

Yup my TV is broke. It showed Foles throwing two TD and no INTs at the end of the game.

They couldn't even get the stats right - come on!!

#11803 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Next year is going to be great! Lots to look forward to for the next few years and happy i am finally in a stage of life where i can afford to see a few games and have them finally be good. Hell of a game to play ne the season againt the defending champs. Nice to see a clean game and they played well for an inexperienced team!

1984 Bears were a young team and lost in the playoffs. We all know what happened the next year. Lot to look forward to.

#11804 5 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

The Bears have very little offense and a garbage QB. Hey, who knows, I've got my gear ready and cant wait to watch the game.

Trubisky threw for 303 yds and no turnovers. He was better than Foles who turned the ball over twice. Parkey hits the field goal, it's Trubisky we're talking about who engineered a 4th quarter comeback. The story didn't end that way but the stats don't support a garbage QB - try again.

Hats off to Philly, hope they repeat.

#11808 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Oh, and as for the "we have a lot to look forward to" talk, I'm pretty sure you guys were saying that back in '07. How'd that work out for ya?

All I hear is 1984 Bears. These guys are all young, '07 was an older team. Didn't realize Elgin was in Green Bay.

Quoted from Spencer:

Trubisky was ranked #20 of all QB's this year, he threw for 3223 yards and had a 24/12 td/int rate. There is no-one on the list below him that deserves to be a starting QB in the league. The stats back up exactly that, he's garbage.

Canadian football is different than the NFL my friend, nice try. We'll take him. 2nd year QB, led the post season at QB this weekend, no turnovers, 303 with a TD, and got the team in scoring position for the win. You can have the higher ranked Cousins, Carr, Keenum, Prescott, Stafford. We'll happily keep Trubisky. Thanks for playing.

2 months later
#12875 5 years ago

Adam Shefter (sp?) is so over rated. I've said for so long all he does is repeat himself. Just the fact of the transaction, no real extra commentary, but fills up 5 minutes with repetition. Check out this discussion. You can tell the other guy is like - ok so what else you got for me...

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26243237/chiefs-set-trade-ford-niners-source-says

#12890 5 years ago

Ouch, that 16m in dead cap sucks for the Giants. They're in really rough shape right now. I hate the idea of grabbing a RB high, especially when you're as bad as they are. Barkley is a fine player, but a 1st rd RB is a luxury pick. The life expectancy of a running back is still extremely low compared to other positions. If/when the Giants do turn things around, it's likely Barkley will either be washed up, or playing for another team.

Ball control game now in NYG may be ok. Ground and pound, leads to play action, helps O line look better. I'd be more worried on the D side of the house. A great D can carry a low turnover ball control offense.

#12892 5 years ago

Play action to what?

Barkley had 91 receptions 721 yds last year, Shepard 66 receptions 872 yds, Engram (TE) 45 for 577 yds. Yes, you're losing Beckham 77 1052yds. Beauty of the NFL, young talent always to be had.

#12901 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I just see playaction working too well when it's Eli to whatshisname behind that line.

Golden Tate

Listen, I'm not a NYG fan by any means. But, if they get a solid D they have enough O talent to win some games. I also am not a fan of Eli - way overrated. They need to draft a QB and start phasing that dude out.

#12911 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think hell do ok there. I’ve been super impressed by him the last two seasons.

Who's he throwing to again? I like Foles but he's screwed.

1 week later
#12925 5 years ago

It amazes me the NY NFL office that supposedly watches each game live with officials, can't pick up a red phone and overturn such a major error as was made in the Saints/Rams game. Replay on pass interference is not the right call here as it can be subjective at times. Should they replay holding calls too? (happens EVERY play).

There had to be a better answer. Ugh.

9 months later
#19138 4 years ago

Wow. I'd hate to be a NO fan. That was a push off on the last play. Look how the CB is jerked back a bit. Game of inches.

Might have still lost but terrible way to end playoffs on another no call.

#19140 4 years ago

BTW...I like Cousins. I'm happy for him and that the TD was a pass. He gets no respect and is one of the top 10 QBs in the league no matter what anyone says. And this from a Bears fan.

#19148 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Yeah. My parents got me this and I m the guy that started the “who stopped drinking thread”

Interesting. How does that machine work, well or gimmick?

#19170 4 years ago

Beast mode. Nice run. Drink...

#19173 4 years ago

The good news is Foles may be available next year.

#19194 4 years ago

Seattle is a good team but I can't stand Carroll. He's a pompus @$$. What he did at USC was terrible to those kids. Arrogant as they come. Yet, he fields good team.

I like Chris Collinsworth better than Aikman. I sometimes don't even think he's watching the same game I am. Its like he went out for drinks the night before with a few guys on the teams and spends the entire game talking them up - whether they're making plays or even on the field.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider badbilly27.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=badbilly27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.