pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (61 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (14 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3191 9 years ago

GO LIONS!

Melissa-Bolona-Detroit-Lions-01-630x945.jpgMelissa-Bolona-Detroit-Lions-01-630x945.jpg

3 weeks later
#3322 9 years ago

Just remember if the Lions run the table (only 3 to go) they win the division! (Yeah....like that will happen). Although they did beat Green Bay in Green Bay......once.......about 23 years ago (the last time they won the division).

Post edited by Astropin: Correction...it was 23 years ago, not 13!

#3328 9 years ago
Quoted from bobnatlanta:

7-9? The NFC South will go to whoever can go 6-10 and win the tiebrakers. I'm an embarrassed Falcons fan...

You should be!

However....I would like to see them beat Green Bay tonight.....not likely but a guy can dream (Go Lions).

#3334 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Falcons defense is terrible.

Hence their record

#3337 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

This might be a shootout.

Not so much

Edit: Okay....I take that back!

#3339 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hats off to the Falcons, playing hard! Can they pull off an amazing comeback in Lambeau……
edit---Julio Jones is an amaze balls WR, fun to watch him play.

Screw Julio! He just scored 37.90 fantasy points for my wife to knock ME out of the fantasy playoffs!!! 145.8 to 148.5! I was kicking her ass until Julio!

#3345 9 years ago

Green Bay drops one and the Lions are struggling to take advantage

#3347 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Bills D played awesome today, tough loss but oh well.
Go Vikings!

Bill's do have one hell of a D. They beat us at home earlier this year (our only loss at home).

Somehow the Lions managed to squeak out a 16-14 win after shutting out the Viking's in the second half. #1 D in the NFL baby!

Going to be one hell of a game in two weeks. Still don't see us wining in GB but with that D you never know.

#3360 9 years ago

Arizona is done. They just lost their backup QB! Oh they're in the playoffs but they will not finish as the top seed.....no way. Looks like Seattle will most likely take the top spot which will be bad for everyone else in the NFC.

Dallas will be lucky to even make it now even with the win last night. They could certainly go down to the Colts and they lose most if not all of the tie breakers.

#3371 9 years ago

I honestly don't think he was benched because of his performance.....or I should say "just because".

He was benched so they can trade him. They benched him so he can't get hurt before he gets traded. Then they will pay him 6 million or so right now; which will drop what he's owed and bring down the price tag on his trade......thus enhancing his trade value. See you Jacksonville Cutler! (Or TB....or Cleveland?.....or........)

#3392 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I agree Arizona has a major problem at the moment with no good QB .....I really hate to say this but this could be the end of a very exciting season for us here in AZ ....If the Cardinals beat the Seahawks at home this Sunday it will be epic , and their season is far from over ....and keep in mind the Cardinals are undefeated at home , they haven't lost a game in the Nest ... So it will be a very interesting game for sure ....

Their D might (might) just be good enough to pull that off.

#3393 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

image-607.jpg 41 KB

That old man is in shape! Sign him up!

#3422 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Although I will change my mind on the Packers if we lose to the Lions next week.

I don't see that happening.....at Ford field sure but not in GB. I give the Lions about a 25% chance just because of their D. Both teams are in though.

#3454 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I take that back; my wishlist superbowl is SD vs DET

That would be my dream match up as well. A dream is probably all it will be but it would be amazing. My son is a huge Chargers fan (which makes me a bit of one myself by default) but I'm (sadly) a life long Lions fan. I've been watching them since the days of Monte Clark and actually watched the 0-16 season.

1 week later
#3541 9 years ago

Suh's appeal was successful and he can play on Sunday. $70,000 fine instead.

#3542 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Rivers career playoff stats…. you decide.

Screen Shot 2014-12-29 at 6.04.4... 234 KB

That's actually not that bad.

#3599 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

If that picked up flag for PI is not a crock, I don't know what is.
NFL IS the new WWE.

I have NEVER seen a flag picked up that late. Replay shows CLEAR pass interference. It changed the outcome of this game.

#3617 9 years ago

Panthers 17, Seahawks 20
Packers 21, Cowboys 34
Patriots 27, Ravens 16
Broncos 33, Colts 23

#3627 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

One last point on the Petitgrew-Hitchens play and Ill never mention it again…..
It was 4th and 1 after the play and then they get a delay of game penalty after what ~3minutes~ of the refs sorting out the face guarding penalty, Lions punted (8:25) from the Dallas 46 for 10yrds!!!! Have some balls and go for the win!
edit----(correction) I believe after the delay of game penalty they punted from the Detroit 49

I agree with you 100% that the Lions should have gone for it on 4th and 1!

What about Bryant running onto the field of play with no helmet to complain about the pass interference call? That's an automatic 15 yard penalty.

#3652 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Panthers 17, Seahawks 20
Packers 21, Cowboys 34
Patriots 27, Ravens 16
Broncos 33, Colts 23

#3664 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Whoops, sorry, thought I got all from the last page. Thank you!
Ill add this page predicts after a few more.
Edit---crap, I missed Eskays as well

You missed mine as well.

#3826 9 years ago

Seahawks -27 Packers - 14
Patriots - 31 - Colts - 17

#3830 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

Packers 52 - Seahawks - 12
Colts 45 - Patriots 3

If you're exactly correct I'll give you one of my pins.

#3854 9 years ago
#3951 9 years ago

inconceivable.jpginconceivable.jpg

#3965 9 years ago

I got to be honest...I was rooting for Seattle but to be fair BOTH teams should get a possession in OT. Give GB one chance to try and match.

#4074 9 years ago

I think the Bills were a dynasty.....they got to FOUR STRAIGHT SUPERBOWL'S!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#4114 9 years ago

OMG! I seriously can not believe this is even news......AT ALL!

Wait.....is this all just a big elaborate joke just to pull my chain? It must be.

Did both Quarterback's play with the same balls during the game.....yes....level playing field!

Honestly everyone complaining about this "deflategate" comes off sounding like a whiny 5 year old girl......seriously. It's football people. Hit someone, make a tackle, make a play......don't blame the damn ball on a loss or victory! It was 45-7! I don't think the ball made any difference.

I am not a NE fan. I really have no horse in this race (upcoming Superbowl). If anything I was leaning towards Seattle....I really like Wilson.

But now, after all this utter ridiculousness I am FULL ON rooting for the Patriot's to win this Superbowl. As soon as the game ends I want to see Brady grab a football....deflate it and hold it straight up in the air in victory. I kid you not!

#4118 9 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

No, that doesn't seem to be the case. And having a fair, level playing field is the very essence of sports. You should win because of talent, intelligence and dedication, not because you found a clever way to skirt or undermine the rules. "But Mom, everybody's doing it" didn't fly in my house, and it should be no excuse in professional sports.

What f'ing "advantage" did they have?

Deflating the ball slows it down....which in turn gives the defensive back more time to react.....fact. A ball deflated by 2psi leaving the QB's hand at 50mph will take .0003 of a second (three one thousandths) longer to travel 20 yards. Which in turn gives the average DB moving at full speed approximately 1 extra inch in closing distance.

And rain has 10x the effect as 2psi deflation. So I guess ALL teams need to build domes now!

#4125 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Wrong.
Dead wrong.

Yep, your right....and that's exactly why the Pat's won 45-7

#4130 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That's a nice little straw man that you erected there.

I'm still failing to see how a ball with 2 less psi is an advantage in anyway shape or form. No one has shown any evidence for that being the case. In fact ESPN's own "Sports Science" has shown just the opposite.

I would be more upset if the kickers were using over inflated balls.....now that I could see people getting riled up about. It's going to give the kicker a decided advantage.

#4133 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Oh my God, just stop.
There's a shit ton of information out there talking about how it gives an advantage. Good grief. The sports media has been covering this like crazy, yet you somehow conclude that there is no advantage?
Nobody is saying that the only reason the Pats won was because of deflated balls, but it's definitely a violation of the rules and it can definitely be an advantage to have them slightly deflated.
Here's one guy who knows a thing or two about football who disagrees with you:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/22/john-harbaugh-deflating-footballs-obviously-gives-an-unfair-advantage/
Yes, he used the word "obviously".

Way to reach for the "Appeal to Authority" logical fallacy! (If we are going to throw those around)

There is not one piece of evidence in that article about a lower inflated ball being an advantage! Just Harbaugh saying that it is......that's not evidence.

Also....Brady saying that he likes balls with less psi does not equate to him actually having an unfair advantage using balls with lower psi.......Jesus.

#4135 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Ok, please tell me more about this "evidence" word that you mention.

#4138 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

And you seem to believe that unless something gives an obvious advantage that it isn't against the rules. Pot didn't give Brandon Browner an unfair or any advantage but look what happened. Rules are rules and it's an unfair advantage if one team is following them and the other isn't.
Of course there's an impact from 2 psi. Do you think someone could win the Tour de France with bicycle tires 17% underinflated?

Yeah, I know.....but I've always had problems with "stupid rules".....just ask my parents and every teacher and boss I've ever had.....good thing I'm the boss now.

Breaking the rules does not necessarily = unfair advantage (my point).

#4144 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Screen Shot 2015-01-22 at 11.07.... 182 KB

Well that proves it!

#4151 9 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

I'd like to say thanks to all the child abusers, wife beaters, murders and player/coach cheaters for making this the worst year in the NFL's history!

Way to focus on the negative.

#4159 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Breaking News!
Wilfork under suspicion of sitting on footballs to deflate them.
Wilfork caught in photo preparing to sit on footballs!

image-692.jpg 31 KB

Either that picture is missing the football or he already sat on it and...........never mind.

7 months later
#4231 8 years ago

Should be a fun year.

Dish Network has been pissing me off lately....been with them for 18 years! Think I'm going to switch to Direct TV and get the NFL Ticket thrown in.

Lions (I know) but they were 11-5 last year. Lost some depth on D (Suh and Fairley) but looks like they are going to open up the offense a little more this year and they picked up an exciting RB in Ameer Abdullah. I think they can repeat at 11-5 and hopefully win a playoff game this time around.

1 week later
#4243 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

The players will most likely roll on him if he did.

Probably even if he didn't!

#4262 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I won the draft, FYI.
Screen Shot 2015-09-08 at 12.35.56 AM.png

Independant "Fantasy Pro's" Analysis of our draft

FFL15.pngFFL15.png

#4265 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

wow, your QB rating is pretty low, who is it?

Quoted from tilt-master:

Astro doesn't recall.....didn't he autodraft??

It's Tannehill....and yes I missed the draft (I was pissed about that). Honestly I think I could have done better on my own.....you guys had a very strange draft. Had I been there I would have picked up Le'Veon Bell over Marshawn.

Even though it picked Tannehill for me I think that just "might" work out okay.....I think Miami will be better this year.

#4277 8 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Bro if you want Leveon I'm sure we can work something out!

leveon.gif

I'll give you J.Cutler for him.

#4289 8 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

I got made fun of for taking a TE in the first round of my fantasy league. Who's laughing now??

I was going to take him with the 6th pick.....then #5 took him!

#4335 8 years ago

I was going to make a post when the Lions were up 21-3......but a little voice in my head said "you better wait".

#4350 8 years ago

ha-ha......that is hilarious.

No seriously....that's funny. Every team should try that.

#4353 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im more worried about stuff like this than the play clock being reset by officials for what was most likely a spotting the ball issue.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/video-shows-49ers-fans-beating-on-vikings-fan-after-monday-night-game-180955657.html

What's with the 12 year old girl who starts kicking him near the end....WTF?

#4390 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fantasy: Tom Brady against the Bills, or Romo v Philly? Basically I don't think I should sit a healthy Brady this year, but I am willing to hear arguments.

Fantasy Pro's metadata says Romo over Brady in week two 78% to 22%.

#4412 8 years ago

Lions suck.....news at 11:00

#4450 8 years ago

HAHAHAHAHA......too funny:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aaron-rodgers-seemingly-had-a-nice-little-postgame-dig-at-russell-wilson-133401957.html

I have to admit I'm starting to like Rogers a little more with these snarky/witty little comebacks. Last week he showed up to the post game interview drinking a large Grape Crush after beating the Vikings.

1 week later
#4546 8 years ago

My thoughts 3 weeks in:

"They are NOT who we thought they were" award goes to the Colts (honorable mention to Dolphins and Ravens).

"They are who we thought they were" award goes to Da Bears!

There are two truly elite quarterbacks in the NFL.......Brady and Rogers. (Period)

I'm going to throw an honorable mention to Palmer just for the insane numbers he's put up so far....117.8 QB rating AVERAGE over the first three games with 9 TD's and 2 Ints. I'm going to throw another to Tyrod Taylor with a 116.1 average and 7 TD's, 3 Ints....pretty amazing for a rookie.

Speaking of the Cardinals.....watch out, if Carson can stay on the field they will be a serious threat. They are very good on both sides of the ball.

Atlanta Falcons.....wow. 3-0, didn't see that coming. My wife has Julio on her fantasy team and it's VERY annoying!

My Lions NEED a new offensive coordinator. Too much talent on that side of the ball to be falling on their faces.....pathetic. Lombardi.....you suck! (Please get Scott Linehan back from Dallas)

Philly dumps Foles to get Bradford what? I thought it was stupid when I heard it happened and certainly stand by that.

#4585 8 years ago

Yeah Tyrod helped bring my DraftKings double or nothing streak to an end

#4590 8 years ago

I would still prefer if BOTH teams got to touch the ball in OT at least once. If one team scores a TD in their first possession then the second team gets it and MUST score a TD to keep it going........fair.

And just an FYI I was rooting for the Saints in this one.

#4594 8 years ago

Well KC scored 21 points today and NEVER got in the endzone! 7 Fieldgoals!

#4643 8 years ago

Forced to start Duke Johnson and Ronnie Hillman at RB this week.

#4647 8 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You should be alright with the Duke, if it's PPR

It is. Also considered Theo Riddick just for that reason.

#4668 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im very excited to see if the Lions will go winless again this season. Caldwell has really proven himself.

Somebody PLEASE fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

My daughter could call better plays (and she hates football).

#4687 8 years ago

Yes GATES.....bring me the win baby......that's why you rode my bench for 4 weeks!

#4702 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

Here's hoping the Saints actually come to play tonight, divisional match up, they know each other well......hopefully not a stinker

Off to a good start.....

#4705 8 years ago

I have both starting RB's going......on the same fantasy team.

#4707 8 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I have both starting RB's going......on the same fantasy team.

And that looks to have been a smart move

Of course Freeman in an automatic start.

#4709 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yep, my wife is in full spirits after Freeman put you in a hole. Nice win Saints, assisting the Packers get home field in playoffs
Screen Shot 2015-10-15 at 11.31.51 PM.png

Yeah, yeah.......F your wife.....oh wait, you already do that

#4762 8 years ago

Tell Becky she's just lucky I didn't draft my own team! I was not aware it was PPR league at first either. My first time in a PPR and I probably would have made different waiver moves had I realized. Okay.....I'm done with excuses......for now

In my other league (where I did make the draft) I'm in 1st place and have had the highest score in the league the last three weeks. I've been running my other league for many years and have won 9 championships in 18 seasons.

#4764 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Oh no, the horror!!!!!!!!
edit-----Astropin added to the arm wrestling list.

Can we go lefty?

Oh.... and you have to be shitfaced.

1 week later
#4857 8 years ago

I think Cincy will win it.....Dalton won't choke until the playoffs.

#4863 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Caldwell might get sent packing after this one.

We can only hope!

Wow are the Lions bad....they are bad in all areas right now, special teams, defense, offense......all horrible.....pathetic really. I'm starting to wonder if the 'players' want Caldwell gone and that's why they aren't even trying.....ala Miami.

#4889 8 years ago

I'm calling it.......it's over

#4898 8 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Then again, I benched Palmer and am starting Cam instead.

I also benched Palmer and played Dalton!!! Had I played Palmer I would have won.....now I need 26 out of Gore to win and that just ain't going to happen against Carolina.

#4902 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Way to brag about beating a girl.

Well considering she was kicking ALL our asses.....I'll let it slide.

#4911 8 years ago

Personally I think Yahoo gives the most accurate information regarding projected points and injury reports. NFL.COM is BY FAR the worst of them all. It's projections are not even in the ballpark and injury reports are a joke.

#4919 8 years ago

What the hell time is the cutoff for roster changes? I tried to pull McCown and put in Bortles before kickoff and it would not let me???

Kind of pissed about that.

1 week later
#4967 8 years ago

What is going on in Green Bay.....I feel like I'm in the twilight zone!

So lucky that wasn't a fumble!!

#4974 8 years ago

Holy shit......I am in the Twilight Zone!

#5023 8 years ago

Man....a lot of CRAZY games today! Very entertaining day of football.

1 week later
#5133 8 years ago

Favre is the greatest Packer ever. He made them a household name. He created all of the expectations of greatness that fans have to this very day. I wouldn't how that feels being a Lions fan.

#5136 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Ok, they fucked the Pack on that play blown dead on D offside, Cobb was gone for a TD

True

#5137 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Starr did that winning multiple championships, pevre got one.

Too long ago. That would be like me saying expectations are high for the Lions because of Bobby Lane.

#5141 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Guess they don't call D for hands on receivers past 5 yards, all good.
Nice win Bears.

Rogers struggling at home......you need to pick up a TZ.

#5166 8 years ago

Go Lions! 5 more wins and they actually have a shot at the playoffs

#5176 8 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I like the kid Osweiler, I hope he continues to do well.

Me to....in fact I'm just plain tired of Manning. Osweiler is more exciting to watch.

#5180 8 years ago

Crazy game so far..... But I'm not counting any chickens yet!

#5198 8 years ago

It's a game!

#5202 8 years ago

Wow....that was a huge 3rd down catch!

#5208 8 years ago

Inconceivable

#5228 8 years ago

It was fuckups all around last night.....I'm still not over it.

Facemask call was pretty weak.....really weak. Regardless that hail mary should have NEVER been completed. I can't even count the number of things the Lions did wrong on that play! Wait....maybe I can.

1) NEVER let Rogers scramble to his right when he needs to throw the ball 60+ yards!!!! He never would have gotten the ball that far from inside the pocket or rolling to his left....never. He needed to load up running forward to get it there....and the Lions let him.
2) WTF were TWO lions defenders doing 15-20 yards downfield on the sidelines??? Rogers going to run 60 yards?
3) Where the fuck was Calvin Johnson on that play....oh yeah, on the sidelines! He's 6'5" and has a massive vertical jump!
4) WTF were all the defenders doing BEHIND the Packers in the endzone? Most of them weren't even watching the incoming ball!

#5237 8 years ago

Yeah! We might as well add that stat to our other NFL records!

1 month later
#6044 8 years ago

I would think Eli is a lock.....even though I've never personally cared for him.

3 weeks later
#6366 8 years ago

Wow did Cam choke!

Good for Manning I guess. He probably deserves to go out like this.

#6385 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Some will never get it. Defense wins championships!

Yeah.....that's why NE beat Seattle last year.

And how did the "Greatest show on Turf" win?

#6386 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Do you really think he choked? If you watched any other Denver games this year you would have known how good that defense was.

I know Denver had the #1 D and they were SUPER impressive.....but Cam did choke. Missed easy passes even when he didn't have someone in his face. Did he forget he can scramble? I know sometimes he didn't even have the opportunity but still.

I will say the by the 2nd half Denver's D had him looking like a deer in the headlights.

8 months later
#7560 7 years ago

Lion's are a pain the ass to root for but that was a crazy win (partial gift) yesterday!

27 seconds no timeouts drive down the field and kick a 58 yard field goal with 2 seconds on the clock! Overtime....drive down the field and score on a crazy catch and run by Golden! The announcer was hilarious......right as Golden leaped in he yelled out "Pack Your Bags and start the Plane! This game is OVER!"

#7583 7 years ago

Lions on a bye week and move into first place! Could they not play every week? It appears to help their chances.

#7584 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Saints fans got a nutpunch today

So did the Falcons.

1 week later
#7602 7 years ago

Lion's still in first! And looking nowhere near as good as the Seahawks or Cowboys..... or........

#7655 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

You called that one!
Sam Bradford won the game......for the Lions.

I'll take it.

#7706 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

the standings for the (mostly) pinsider league:

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Man it's crazy how you pretty much live or die based off your quarterback. I'll have to keep that in mind next year. Gonna draft like 5 of them just to keep them off other people's teams.

What I want to know is have I been reinstated yet in that league?

#7718 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

He missed putting someone in one week, so Flank suspended him for a week. Astro tried to argue his case and then Flank booted him.

Well sort of. I purposely left a questionable (game time decision) player in my lineup because the possible upside was greater than playing the backup. He didn't end up playing and Flank suspended my team for a week (a team that was tied with Flank for 1st place no less). So I bitched him out and he kicked me.

#7732 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Wow, horrible missed called by the officials in the last 30 seconds of the game that possibly decided it; what are the chances?
The answer these days is aboot 1 in 3 games?

Sure Sure...basically the same thing; if you're going to throw a game that's how you do it.
Obviously I'm not in the league so i don't know, you're claiming one thing, Astro is claiming another. Unless Astro's "questionable (game time decision) player" was questionable from inactivity. And even then, it would involve the team's coach to know....AKA if it's bellicheck that shit can happen quite a bit. Or Goddell getting off his golden thrown to suspend someone at his wHim.
But don't mean to disagree with you, we've dealt with that crap before and it does suck, people not setting line ups. We've actually dealt with it this year because someone rage quit right after the draft and gave up their team; so we had to get an old owner.
Why did they rage quit? Well the draft was at Noon and they got too fucking high to know what was going on. Put their team on auto-draft, couldn't figure out how to list players in the proper order, and just drafted the highest scoring players every round. 16 rounds = 8QBs.
CLASSIC

Well I clearly wasn't trying to throw a week. I was in a tie for fist place. Not to mention that the week my player didn't play I still won by a good margin. The rule was in place to try and keep people caring about their team and play hard every week. Clearly I cared about my team which is what really pissed me off.

#7734 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

yep, sounds like a stupid rule

Not to mention the "rule" did not exist when the league started. He decided to create it mid season. Plus the "rule" was really intended for
bye week players being in a lineup and IR players being in a lineup.....not game time decision players. Think I'm bitter much?

#7749 7 years ago

Good win for the Lions today. I didn't think the Saints at home was a good match up for them statistically. Picked off Brees three times.

#7765 7 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Can't remember if this was posted here. Kind of fun to click on the teams and play with the odds. Spoiler: jags doomed
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/nfl-playoff-simulator-every-teams-playoff-picture.html

Pretty cool.....so if the Seahawks beat the Packers next week and the Lions win 2 of their last four they lock the division.

Of course their last four are Bears, Giants, Cowboys and Packers....not exactly a cake walk. I'd love to just hand them the Bears game but they already beat us once this year and for whatever reason always give us a tough time even at home.

#7766 7 years ago

I thought this was pretty funny:

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/805522642489016320

#7788 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was at the one handed Jerry Rice catch game if that makes you feel any better.

It's been topped:

odell (resized).jpgodell (resized).jpg

#7822 7 years ago

Holy shit....the Lions are up to #6 on multiple Power Rankings this week! I don't know if I'd have them quite that high (and many don't). As a loooooong time Lion's fan I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out. It's been 25 years since they even won a single playoff game! I remember it well.

#7850 7 years ago

KC is looking like a serious contender.

#7857 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Now that's commitment

Now that's a double D fan.
Detroit Lions &
Detroit Tigers

#7882 7 years ago

Should be a good one tonight!

#7918 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Ill take Carroll over any other coach in the NFL...

Now that's a bold statement. (In my best Samuel L Jackson voice)

#7925 7 years ago
Quoted from MrBellMan:

Imagine if you will... The New England Patriots and the Kansas City Chiefs both lose today's games and the Oakland Raiders win?!?!?! I believe that would put us right back at the top! It's what I'm cheering for...
Go Raiders!!!

Good luck.....not going to happen

1 week later
#8044 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Cowboys are good.

Yep, it's pretty much do or die against the Packers next week for the Lions.....and the Packers are on fire and the Lions are on a slide.

1 week later
#8170 7 years ago

My upset pick of the week is.....never mind, I don't see a wildcard upset.

Oakland is done
Love the Lions.....but not AT Seattle!
Pitt can handle a beat up Miami
GB is ROLLING right now.....they might go all the way (and I hate them).

#8172 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

NYG is the only one I'm thinking aboot. Look, we all know GB has 0, er, like -3 CB playing. If Eli can tame Odell and stop him from throwing a hissy fit early and just keep jamming him the ball, they can do it.

Giants do not have a powerful offense.....haven't put up any big numbers all year. Their biggest output of the entire year was 27. Roger's will more than keep up with anything the Giant's can muster against the Packers depleted secondary.

Giants D is among the best in the league this year.....and Roger's will still pick it apart.

#8186 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bets? I like NYG and I say they cover. 40 quarters?

You're on.

#8208 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Because Eli has NEVER lost to a SB winning QB in the Playoffs!

So he's due

#8210 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey Astropin, no pressure but if you've got another 40 quarters to wager I'll take the same bet. Strictly rooting interest here, but I have to like the Giants' chances since Eli tends to overperform (or start performing?) when the Giants claw their way into the playoffs, and their defense is finally stout again.

Sure, why not. But last one because I'm really not enjoying the prospect of rooting for a team I hate.

#8218 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I would choose Brady's career over Elis a million times over. You would choose Eli. Because you are a moron.

That seems uncalled for.

#8232 7 years ago

The Lions slide all started when Stafford hurt his finger. He barely pulled out a lucky win against the bears and has lost since. He's just a little off....there is no room in the NFL to be a little off as a QB.

But watch out next year when he's 100% and they have something resembling a running game to go with him.

#8253 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

That catch by Richardson...

Was a penalty by Richardson.

#8288 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Rough end to a lame weekend of football. Astropin, I'll PM to arrange transfer of your winnings - GB appears to have covered the spread!

Thanks.....and chuckwurt has already covered his. Thanks boys. Now I hope they get crushed next week.

#8299 7 years ago

Atlanta
NE
Pitt
and I honestly don't know what the he'll will happen in the GB-Dallas game.

#8326 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

lol, no bads calls that I am aware of. The Seahawks were clearly the better team.

You're kidding right? Not about the Seahawks being better...that part is true. But there were some horrendous no calls in that game! The very first TD (which was a great catch) he was face masking the shit out of the Lions defender.

#8337 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Just posted on Espn, Chargers org moving to Los Angeles.

Well it's not official quite yet.

#8366 7 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

14.1. today is my birthday, it would be such a great birthday gift if the seahawks would win today!

They took out my Lions so go Falcons!

And go Dallas! Go Chiefs and go NE!

#8375 7 years ago

6-0 in the playoffs so far.....still need to pick between GB-DALLAS.

#8378 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

With all favorites winning I think a lot of us are 6-0!
Just need GB +4.5 and KC -1.5 to be 8 - 0.
Made $250 on a $100 2 game spread ticket

I don't really bet on sports....well except with you guys sometimes and my friends (rarely). Oh, and the one time I did bet in Vegas on the Giants winning the Superbowl the year the Pat's went 16-0.

I win more playing poker.

#8381 7 years ago

I'm going to pick Dallas to end GB's run. I think they will be able to run on them and control the game

#8408 7 years ago

I knew there was a reason I kept saying I didn't know what the hell was going to happen in that game!

#8433 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will be amazed if next weekend turns out to be anything besides Packers and Pats in the SB.

I'll take that bet.....Green Bay's run ends in Atlanta. Actually I think that is a much more exciting matchup than Atlanta at Dallas. Should be a great game and a lot of fun to watch.

NE & Pitt.....meh.

#8460 7 years ago

Atlanta won't "tank" this year and they outscore the Packer's at home.

NE will win at home as well....probably handily. I would certainly give the points at 4.5.

NE has to be the favorite to win it all but a NE-ATL matchup "could" be a pretty exciting game.

#8488 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol. That guy would show his dick pics to anyone that happened to glance in his direction. Dirty old man.
He used to call it the mississippi mud dobber. Wasn't much of a stinger if you ask me.

Me thinks you know a little too much about Favre's dick.

#8528 7 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The ONLY thing that has been or will ever be considered classy about Pitt is their late owner, may he rest in peace. The rest including the coach are asswipes and or rapist.

Don't hold back......tell us how you really feel.

#8562 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Atlanta won't "tank" this year and they outscore the Packer's at home.
NE will win at home as well....probably handily. I would certainly give the points at 4.5.
NE has to be the favorite to win it all but a NE-ATL matchup "could" be a pretty exciting game.

Looking good so far.

#8578 7 years ago
Quoted from dhard:

I'm the big winner of super bowl nachos in 2wks as wife makes them once a year

Wait....you're not THAT far from me.

#8583 7 years ago

9-1 for the playoffs. Not to shabby.

2 weeks later
#8826 7 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I agree with you there. I wouldn't want to see her splat on the field but I certainly think that it was a horrible halftime show. To me, Lady GaGa is horrible. Her music is terrible, her dancing is terrible and the dancers looked like something out of the original Star Trek TV show, just freaky and weird. I understand that I am 50 years old and like classic rock but I don't understand how people listen to her. Are the people attending the SB ever her target audience? I wouldn't think so.

I turn 50 in a couple months...I prefer ROCK music and would NEVER go see Ms GaGa.......that being said I thought it was a pretty good show. It was clearly well rehearsed (which is more than I can say for a lot of them) and at least she didn't get "political".

#8862 7 years ago
Quoted from pinkid:

Did anyone check the footballs to see if they were properly inflated last Sunday??????????

No, becasue it never affects the outcome.

3 years later
#22503 3 years ago

I gotta say I'm pretty happy with the lions picks so far. Got the #1 back in the draft in the 2nd round and a solid Linebacker in the 3rd.

#22509 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You started the 4th round without us?!?

Corrected!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.