pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (88 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (41 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24038 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Bad news, fellas...
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2020/07/21/nfl-cancel-2020-preseason-agrees-reduced-training-camp-rosters/5483773002/?s=09
No preseason. Roster sizes reduced from 90 to 80. I thought they would go the other way with roster sizes... feels like they're gonna need the depth should this season actually happen.

This is just gonna be a weird, chaotic season like the other three pro major leagues are going to have. Could be fun, could be a total train wreck. As a suffering Jets fan, I'll take some league-wide chaos. Couldn't hurt.

#24139 3 years ago

"The Seahawks will send safety Bradley McDougald, first-round picks in 2021 and 2022 and a third-round pick in 2021 to New York in exchange for Adams and the Jets' fourth-round pick in 2022."

Very happy with that haul! Adams is a great player, but he's a great player at a low impact position yet still wants a 5+ year/$16m+ per deal as a safety, and will throw temper tantrums every time something doesn't go his way. Pain in the ass, that guy. Always something. I'll take the high picks and not having to tie up a good portion of the cap in a safety.

#24141 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Didn't he just call out his HC on the Jets? Thought I read where he is an incredible pain in the ass but as you say a great player and therefore useful so long as he doesn't go AB on anyone.

He pulled out every "trade me now" trick in the book towards the end there, short of bagging on teammates. The owners, the fans, the coach, the GM; scorched earth. The Jets had no choice at this point, and I thought they were going to end up with a lot less because of it.

1 year later
#33030 2 years ago

Goddamn did the Jets need that one, it has been a *rough* few years, even for the Jets. I really thought they'd blow it in the final seconds. Zach with 3-4 highlight reel bombs, but blew some easy 5-10 yard passes at the end. But that comes with the rookie QB territory. Nice to have an enjoyable football Sunday for a change.

4 weeks later
#34029 2 years ago
Quoted from pinpin8990:

J-E-T-S!
Jets, Jets, Jets!!!

Look, I'm not saying Mike White is going to go on to be the best QB in the history of the NFL from here, but I'm not saying he isn't, either.

2 months later
#38225 2 years ago

Titans deserved that loss, so many bad decisions in this game. Inexplicably going for 2 in the 2nd quarter cost them big time. They take the gimme XP and they're grinding out the clock on their last possession instead of trying to move down the field. Back to back 3rd/4th and short plays where they're deking around the backfield instead of just plowing forward. Tanny forcing the ball in constantly. Without their pass rush dominance this game would've been a blowout.

Such a weird team, year after year they seem like they have the goods to make a run but are their own worst enemy.

Congrats to the Bengals though! Love seeing long suffering teams make a run.

#38646 2 years ago

Possibly the best football game I've ever seen, and I am old enough to remember this one well: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_in_Miami

I've just been half-incoherently blabbing about it to my wife for 30 minutes straight. Insane. Best weekend of playoff football in a very long time, if not ever.

3 weeks later
#40454 2 years ago

Was pulling for the Bengals, but ya gotta appreciate the Rams with the best player in the league (by a distance?) on either side of the ball. Love how it came down to defense in the second half. Bengals D was insane all playoffs, but how many times can you keep Kupp off the scoresheet? He had a relatively quiet day and still got two TDs, the guy is a blur. A few too many beers and shots of bourbon, the inside of my mouth tastes like a rusty soup can. Sucked at every pin I tried to cram in during commercials and chicken wings, but that's okay, a good game and a good SB Sunday. Sorry, Chuck/Erik. Pretty sure the Bengals will be around for quite a while.

6 months later
#44023 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Did a little research on a confidence pool:
The format of how a confidence pool works is very simple. Let’s say, there are 16 games being played on week 1 of the NFL season. Your task is to pick a heads-up winner in each matchup (the spread does not matter) and rank each matchup from 1-16. Putting 16 beside a matchup means that is your most confident selection, and putting 1 beside a potential winner means it is a game that you have the least confidence in. Points are rewarded based on the confidence you give each matchup, 16 obviously being the highest amount of points you can receive from a win and 1 being the least.
I like that format because everyone would be involved till the end of the regular season.

I *love* confidence pools and have been playing in them with my poker buddies for over 10 years now. Just to note though, they're almost always pick 10 games and rank them 10-1 on confidence. A lot of the season has bye weeks and there are 14 games, not 16, and it takes long enough to pick 10 and weight them every week, more than that would be like a part-time job. It really does double or triple your picking time when you have to rank by confidence, but it's really a lot more interesting that straight pick'em. We've been using officefootballpool.com all these years, not exactly visually exciting but works well.

edit: Also, we play confidence with point spread. w/o point spread makes it too easy.

1 month later
#46665 1 year ago

If anyone has a time machine sitting around, do me a favor and go back to mid-'70s New Jersey and tell a little boy to not become a Jets fan because nothing but a lifetime of disappointment and heartbreak will come of it. Seriously man, finally having our first good season in nearly a decade, how about season ending injuries for your Pro Bowl caliber RB and G/T? Wouldn't that be fun?

#46670 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Next man up. In 2017 the Eagles lost Pro Bowl LT Jason Peters, special teams captain Chris Maragos, Pro Bowl RB/returner Darren Sproles, starting middle LB Jordan Hicks and likely MVP QB Carson Wentz.
Won the Super Bowl.

That Eagles team was very impressive. Thankfully our defense is still intact, but I don't think there's enough booze in a 20 mile radius to cope with a Zach Wilson-heavy offense. Ah well, I'm not looking for the moon anyway, if they could just hang in there for a wildcard spot I'd be thrilled.

#46679 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The Jets just traded for James Robinson from the Jags, he’s solid.

Yeah, just saw that, it's a nice recovery. Especially for a 6th or conditional 5th.

1 month later
#48574 1 year ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Look, I'm not saying Mike White is going to go on to be the best QB in the history of the NFL from here, but I'm not saying he isn't, either.

Hopefully the 2022 version of this goes better than the 2021 edition.

But jokes aside, at minimum it's clear he's leagues better than Wilson. Give White the rest of the season and keep Zach in street clothes.

#48582 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

He had a good game last year then ran into The patriots D I think??

Dropped 400 yards on the Bengals, came out firing the next week in Indy with a TD on his first drive then got injured on his next drive, came back two weeks later vs. Buffalo and threw 4 INTs, got the hook to the bench where he's been since. I'm sure he'll have some rough spots again but they need to let him play through them this season unlike last.

#48609 1 year ago

You want to get the call right, but it took them what, 5 minutes to review a 10 yard catch in the Seattle game? Just crushes the momentum of a game that was buzzing.

7 months later
#58314 9 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Aaron Rodgers takes a 34M pay cut spread over 2 years with most of the cut this year. The gift that keeps on giving.

I was skeptical of this trade at first, but he's been nothing short of perfect so far. *So far* being the big thing, of course. But for someone who I thought was a diva and more trouble than he's worth, he's really surprised me with his positive, upbeat attitude and how team-oriented he is. Or is now, anyway. Guy just decided to hand 34 million dollars back so the team can be in better shape to win. Some players will shave a million or two off to go to situations they like, but 34 of them? Shocking, really. But Aaron definitely marches to his own drummer.

#58320 9 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Must of saw the light in the darkness.

Or access to better shrooms in NJ/NY than Green Bay.

1 month later
#58952 7 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Vegas line moved a full point with the Kelce injury. Now -5.5 KC

Doesn't seem like it moved enough. Then again, it's hard to not bet KC at home.

#59277 7 months ago

So tempting to take Washington in survivor because how many other times would they actually be in play the rest of the season? But that kind of wishful thinking has ended many a survivor at week 1-3.

#59444 7 months ago

One of the most lopsided games I've ever seen. The Giants have had maybe... two good moments all night? I'm not sure there were even two.

#59542 7 months ago

Thrilling win but the fact that this playoff caliber roster is going to be dragged down by a combination of Zach Wilson, and/or Wentz and/or Bridgewater is making me ill. But I'll still take 'em, anyone but Wilson! I can't take that goober anymore. I'm frequently debating fellow Jets fans who think he looks "better." Better than what, a tire fire? It's year 3 and the dude still can't read a field or throw over 10 yards successfully.

#59630 7 months ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

In what little I saw, it looks like they are could be more of a running team, so maybe some bus driver to get them through the year?

They really need a game manager/safe & boring guy and just run Hall and Cook into the ground. It won't lead them to a championship but if their defense holds up, they can make noise with a top-5 D and a good run game. Problem is most QBs like that currently have jobs as backups. Jets are pretty much picking between Ryan, Wentz, and Flacco. And they will probably sign Flacco out of familiarity even though he's as mobile as a portapotty. FML. I'd so much rather Wentz or even Ryan. Before someone says they stink now, yes, but so does Zach Wilson.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider VALIS666.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=VALIS666 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.