so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png
RDT_20240319_1906132562035229678710219 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240319_160503_YouTube (resized).jpg
432496760_913456790786597_8120864724896614595_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (60 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (13 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spencer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10914 5 years ago

First, why the fuck would Seattle not call time outs before the 2 minute warning?? and then why in the fucking hell are you calling a time out for when the Rams are going to punt?? The clock is already stopped and the punter is on the field with the play clock running..... What a complete mess..

#10917 5 years ago

As a professional team, how do these things happen? I mean bad calls from ref's I get, that shit happens.

Do the play by play guys not say anything for fear of rocking the boat? I mean, if I was calling that game, I'd be like, "what are they doing?" "why are they not calling time-out to conserve time?"

The time-out when the punter is already on the field is beyond stupid and makes zero sense, the clock was already stopped. Who cares if you might have the wrong players on the field, or your one short... you need the ball back at all costs.

I only lost $250 on the potential Seattle might have scored but good lord, as a professional coach, this just shouldn't happen.

And yes, the Falcons are terrible Levi...

#10923 5 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Didn't the clock stop for the measurement? After, it should have restarted, hence why Seattle decided to take the timeout. I guess they were more worried about time remaining. Now we have to hear about McVay being a genius (if only because it worked).

Then they should have called time-out at 2:40 left instead of letting it run to the 2 minute warning. McVay is a great coach and I would have gone for it too, it's next to impossible to stop a QB sneak when only needing 1/2 a yard.

Seattle butchered the entire last few minutes, period.

And as Levi says, they still would have gotten the ball back with lots of time, even if the clock was running, which it wasnt..

#10925 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeHogue:

I'm with you Spencer!
Seattle's last possession was awful too. Seattle just gets into field goal range when they get moved back by a false start, a questionable holding call and then a terrible punt.
They honestly didn't deserve to win.

Agreed. I bet when they had the ball with what 6:00 minutes left and driving. The Rams had no time outs which is why I bet, I figured they could get into field goal range and then drain the clock. One mistake after another and then time-out gate, jesus what a mess.

#10932 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Redskins at New Orleans Saints tonight on MNF on ESPN.
Saints favored by 5.5 to 6.5 points.
O/u is 51.5 to 52.5 points.
Go Saints!
I don't really care if they cover the point spreads. Just hope they get the win.
These are exactly the type of games that over the years, you think the Saints should win, but then they would screw it up.
A big plus for the Saints is that their running game should be good tonight, with 2 tough rb's ready to rock n roll.

My favorite team and they are killing it tonight. Drew Brees is absolutely amazing, passing Favre and Manning in one night for all time passer yards, incredible!!

2 months later
#11747 5 years ago

Lamar Jackson is a joke of a QB. Garbage time throws a side, anyone could have played better. They should have put Flacco in at halftime.

#11782 5 years ago

They wont beat the Saints at home. No chance.

#11792 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Saints got clobbered at home against the lowly Panthers last week. And lost to the lowly Bucs at home as well.

With all back up playing... Buc's, yeah but that was early.

#11794 5 years ago

Drink it now! That's really cool.

Saints win 35-21 next week.

Yes, I'm a huge Saints fan.

#11795 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

This game just proved that in the NFL anything can happen. Foles is gonna repeat.

I agree with that statement but its not the same. The Bears have very little offense and a garbage QB. Hey, who knows, I've got my gear ready and cant wait to watch the game.

#11807 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

Trubisky threw for 303 yds and no turnovers. He was better than Foles who turned the ball over twice. Parkey hits the field goal, it's Trubisky we're talking about who engineered a 4th quarter comeback. The story didn't end that way but the stats don't support a garbage QB - try again.
Hats off to Philly, hope they repeat.

Trubisky was ranked #20 of all QB's this year, he threw for 3223 yards and had a 24/12 td/int rate. There is no-one on the list below him that deserves to be a starting QB in the league. The stats back up exactly that, he's garbage.

Further Parkey was only 23/30 on field goals this season, a 76.7% rate.

Chicago should have won this game alone with defense.

2 weeks later
#12145 5 years ago

That's life? What a joke.

#12147 5 years ago

I mean your view on football is idiot like... lol.

Even a Rams fan would call pass interferance .

#12156 5 years ago

The problem is, this should never happen. We have reply, if the ref's cant do there job properly, someone should call them on it. You cant miss a call like that in such a big game. Total bullshit.

#12158 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Haha! LOVE IT! Now I can actually enjoy the Super Bowl knowing New Orleans won't be there.
The no call play was closer than it looks, but Fox keeps showing the worst camera angle. Still a bad call but I still LOVE IT! Hahahahaha yeah!

Its not closer than it looks. He never looked back and hit the receiver. Its a penalty 100% of the time. No question.

#12161 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So what’s your solution? You want replay on no-calls?
Refs are humans. They’ll miss stuff or get it wrong.

Dare I compare it to the fucking garbage football league we have in this stupid country but... coaches get 1 challenge against a bad no call.

Even if not that, reply should be able to review clear fouls. regardless, the ref's clearly wanted the Rams to win, so whatever, its over.

#12163 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It wasn’t just the missed obvious PI, there was helmet to helmet.
It’s a pretty egregious non call and it’s reasonable to say it cost NO the game.
Of course Payton throwing in first down was also moronic. Idiocy begets idiocy.

Reasonable?? They could have run the clock to 3 sec and kicked a chip shot. Could he have missed, yeah I guess but..

#12165 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

In the late 1980s almost every play was reviewable. And called by the officials. It was a hot mess.
I wouldn’t be against 1 call review per half or something. PI, personal foul calls included. These things are changing outcomes of games.

I agree, nobody wants to see 25 reviews per game but seriously, nobody wants to see a team lose on a complete garbage call. I give Sean Payton credit for his interview, I would have lost it.

#12166 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Counting tonight its a little less than 100% now.

Hey I'm a Bucs and Jags fan. The only time I get to celebrate is when a team I hate loses.

Still a penalty if the ref's decide not to call it, so yeah its 100%.

#12386 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Look it sucks the call was missed but, reality is that there are calls missed damn near every play in the NFL. I know you say but those did not or do not have a direct influence on winning or losing like the one just put in the spot light. Wrong, a holding, offsides, incidental hands to face etc. all play the same role; the difference here is it occurred during an in your face moment, whereas most others generally take place away from the camera. Also before all of you start BBQing me let me state again, I think it was a very, very bad non-call but it no worse than the other thirty or more calls that are missed every game played, they just aren't in your face when they occur.
I too think the Saints were screwed but, it happened we just need to move on and hope the NFL can come up with some way to lesson the worst of these when they occur.

A missed hands to the face, a quick grab of the facemask, a holding on an inside run, is not even in the same realm as a PI and a helmet to helmet when the ball is 3 yards away, in plain view with three refs with-in 10 yards watching the whole thing with nothing blocking the view.

Make yourself feel warm inside by saying " oh, that's normal, they miss play's all the time" Anyone that knows ANYTHING about football knows that was total BS and a blind man would have called PI on that play.

#12387 5 years ago

Can we talk more about someone giving Hilton a nut-punch? ( it did win the poll by a landslide.... )That, would make me feel much better about this whole thing.

1 week later
#12508 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If I wanted to see no scoring I would’ve went to the bar and watched my buddies.

Lol. Good call.

#12517 5 years ago
Quoted from Jodester:

How do you think the Saints would have done against the Pats Levi?

They would have won, or Brees would have thrown 5 picks. Either way, it would have be 100X better then that shit.

#12621 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Yes. I also watch the CFL on occasion.

Crap Football League.

That said, the NFL wasn't a real treat this year either. Fucking refs.

9 months later
#15614 4 years ago

Sorry this is college ball ( today ) but its football so, same theory applies....

If your tied and the team has the ball 1st and goal at the 1 yard line with 2:00 remaining, why does the defense not just let them score? I mean great, you had an amazing goal line stand and still lost with a 20 yard field goal with no time left.

You have nothing to lose, how can million dollar coaches be so stupid? What is the benefit?

Is it like bunting in the shift?

Stupid. I'd fire my coach. At least give the team a chance to win.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Spencer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=Spencer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.