pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (88 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (41 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

943 posts in this topic match your search for posts by PtownPin. You are on page 1 of 4.
#14041 4 years ago

I'm just happy the Niners are back on the right track...not sure they can compete with the top teams in the NFC, but if they stay healthy theres a good chance they can make the playoffs this year. Theres a lot of parity in the NFL and all these teams are one or two big injuries from being middle of the pack...its all about staying healthy and winning the close games

#14054 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sounds like Antonio Brown has a second accuser coming forward.
So much for "the Patriot way".

the guys a pain in the ass....its only a matter of time before it all blows up in New England...

#14187 4 years ago

The guy deserves to be unemployed...he's a prima donna that doesn't deserve a job...he got what he deserved...lets hope the Pats get stuck with the financial hit ....they deserve to be punished as well

#14196 4 years ago
Quoted from Anonymouse:

One game of pay. I don't know what his yearly salary was off the top of my head but if he was still on the roster on this coming Monday he would have gotten 5 million

They could be on the hook for the entire $9M + $1M salary depending on whether or not the termination was warranted....I guarantee you the union will step in and negotiate something....lets hope the Patriots get financially punished for hiring the thug

#14300 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkeyexx:

Who wins SNF? Rams or Browns...

Rooting for the Browns....although I think the Rams will dominate.....unfortunately

#14322 4 years ago

Aaron Donald is a beast....probably the best defensive player in the NFL

#14323 4 years ago

Good chance the Browns will be 1-4 after the next couple weeks being on the road

#14359 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Could 2019 be the year of the 49ers again !
3-0 haven't happened for the last 30 years, one could say that the first 3 games were not against the hardest teams, and they did get lucky with the Steelers missing Roethlisberger, but hey I would surely love to see them in the playoffs again, and who knows, at SuperBowl !

As much as I'd love to agree with you I highly doubt it.....they still make too many mistakes .... yesterdays game should of been a blow out instead they coughed the ball over 5 times...that being said if they eliminate the turn overs, stay healthy, and get better QB play they might make a run to the play offs. The challenge is they play in a really tough division

2 weeks later
#14911 4 years ago

Its not the Pat's fault, but they really do have a cake walk schedule...aside from Buffalo's defense the balance of their first 7 games are bad teams. After that they start getting tested a little....whats different this year is their defense is by far their best part of their team. Offense is mediocre in my opinion...like most teams it will come down to who stays healthy.....I'm interested in seeing if my Niners are for real or not (I have my doubts)....tonight will be an indication of that.

#14913 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah, I’ll only spend hundreds of dollars, 10 hours of travel, and 8 hours on a rotten game day experience if the team isn’t consistently embarrassing and managed horribly over the course of 2 decades.
I’m not a moron. It’s good to know.
I know you aren’t really the sharpest guy here, but are you seriously trying to fair weather fan me over the redskins? I’m one of the last ones left. But not putting another dollar into Snyder’s pocket till the team isn’t a dumpster fire.

Its really crazy how the owner is such a big factor in success....just look at the Niners. When Eddie was the owner they were on top of the world. As soon as his sister took over, and put her son in charge they've been crap (except for a few years with Harbaugh).....she's terrible, but her son is worse....If Snyder was smart he would shit can the entire organization and start over....

#14925 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

If a fan base supports a team no matter how crappy they are (like the cubs all those years) there is no incentive for the owner to make the team competitive. Dodger fans such as myself stopped going to games until Frank McCourt sold the team. The Dodgers now consistently lead the league in attendance every year.

yea kind of like Stern building shitty play fields.....people keep buying so they keep pumping out substandard product

#14930 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Another "quality" MNF game.
*Bronx cheer*

I'm loving it...Niners D looks like the real deal

#14950 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I gotta say that until this game I was not at all worried about the niners being a threat in the NFC west.

I want to think their a threat, but I'm not totally convinced. They do have an elite defensive line, which makes every one better. Their QB might be good enough to win, but he makes a lot of mistakes....if they don't play well in all three facets of the game against the Rams their gonna get their ass handed to them. Last night their special teams sucked. The NFC West is really tough this year...

#14956 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He looked horrible!
I guess he really is the "sober johnny manziel"

Football is the ultimate team sport so Mayfield is only as good as the rest of the team around him..the offensive line got completely dominated and the receiving core didn't help much...he didnt have a chance

#14957 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Sure he has, but that was the past and his gameplay & abilities have gone downhill. The only truly good game he’s had so far this year was against the Giants when he threw for 306 with two TD’s.
Eagles secondary will be better this week, have been since beating up on Rodgers and recently the Jets. Their morale and confidence is higher.
Cousins has 5 TD’s and 2 INT’s so far this season, compared to Wentz’s 10 TD’s and 2 INT’s.
I stick with my original score.

Eagles will be lucky to make the play offs this year...I think the Vikings will take it to them this Sunday....

#14960 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I will agree that he has some of the worst tackles in the league...but at what point does he make a play? Not take another needless sack? Change the call at the line? Run screens, RPOs, play action passes, checkdowns, etc?
When do they go max protect? 3 TE sets? Use a blocking fullback/tailback? Call QB runs to keep them honest?
This certainly isn't ALL on Mayfield, but he definitely deserves a good share of the blame. I'm sure he was rattled, but good players persevere...they don't devolve and fall apart. He couldn't even make easy throws when there wasn't pressure.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve some of the blame, but there are multiple factors involved. His offensive line was completed dominated last night. Their receiving core was below average, and finally they were completely out coached. The coach is responsible for putting his players in a position of success. I would say the line, and coach are more to blame than Mayfield (and Im not a fan of his antics)...

#14964 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

We shall see...do you like crow?

I like crow...tastes like chicken

#14970 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Like I said before, I don’t bet on my team. Bad karma.

Eagles beat the Packers at home at Lambeau, and the Packers rolled over Dallas in their own stadium (even though Collinsworth and other broadcasters have been all over Dak’s crotch this season). That says something.

I heard that before...but then
[quoted image]

well I was cheering for the Eagles that day! Pretty exciting to win your FIRST.....and it was actually an entertaining game

#14971 4 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

As a Vikings fan, I'd be hard pressed to put any money on Cousins doing well against a decent team. That said, I did go back and check the Eagles' previous schedule: Redskins, Falcons, Lions, Packers, Jets. Not sure if the Eagles are actually a decent team.

win is a win in the NFL....their not easy to come by (unless your playing the Dolphins or skins)....salary cap took care of that

#15021 4 years ago

Until someone beats the Pats their still the champs....I'll say this a team with a great defense has the best chance as clearly their offense is their weak link. Be interesting to see how they are when they play some decent teams. They've been pretty luck to play in footballs weakest division.

#15024 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Definitely different than pats teams of the past. They always seem to find a way.
They aren't my team, but I certainly have lots of respect for them.

When u get to the top 10 or so teams in the NFL theres a lot of parity. Every team is one or two injuries away from being mediocre ...

#15029 4 years ago

I'm really looking forward to the powerhouse Redskins/Dolphins game....should be some quality football played Im hoping my Niners show up in LA today....their pretty decimated on offense with 2 starting tackles , starting Full back, and two receivers out.... should be interesting to say the least....the only chance I give them is if they force a bunch of turn overs and Garoppolo doesn't throw a bunch of shitty passes.

#15047 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

The Niners are fucking awesome!!!!!!

Their defense is legit....should have won by 3 touch downs....

#15059 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well Rams season is just about done. Might as well go see a Pittsburgh game .[quoted image][quoted image]

Niners D was pretty dominate today....Goff was sketchy all day due to all the pressure.... their still a good team so I'm sure it will be a tight race

#15097 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The entire game was nothing more than the poster child for bad officiating further exasperated by even worse replay review...…..When will the NFL adopt a penalty/fine system for ref crews??????

Everyone loves to blame the officials...yes they make bad calls, but those typically even out throughout the game...the Lions lost because they sucked in the red zone and gave up too many big plays

#15108 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

very very few need to be in control of it at all.
minor changes to these games are enough to move outcomes for almost every one of them.
You really are kind of silly IMHO if you dont see it (granted as a fan of a favored team I can see why your bias as a fan would be high and hard for you to recognize; although lots of GB fans at work today were all talking about how it was so obvious that they even lots respect for the game a little more last night)
The whole thing is big money and produced for maximizing profits. The game eroded long ago.
I watch for entertainment value in the same way that some watch WWE, granted I watch far less as spend more time watching other (non-orchestrated) sports as the years go on. NFL is just not as much fun once you become more aware of how it all works and see through it.
It can still be entertaining, but just for the production more than the sport (like it used to be)

Its ridiculous to think the NFL is fixing games....replays on penalties is a complete joke (as were seeing with PI)....theres probably 10 penalties on each team every play so unless u want 6 hours games its not gonna happen .... Refs are part of the game...always will be...just look at the Steelers immaculate reception...if that was today it would have never counted, but people think its the greatest play ever....crazy

#15117 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Lol.
Not many people need to be involved? Just every ref for the last few decades (I'll just assume you think the downturn of the NFL happened after 85)?
It's still early, you have probably the best defense in the league, and you're already moving to the "the whole thing is rigged!" defense, and starting your narrative to discredit a hypothetical GB superbowl. Your bitterness is next level, I'll give you that. Are these pictures of GB being favored?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

They certainly don't have the best defense in the league....

#15123 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I used to hold to that idea too, but now I’m thinking if you played well enough to have more points than your opponent, even with field goals instead of TDs, you should get a W. Saying that “we should have played better so the game wouldn’t be in the refs’ hands” (which I heard someone on Detroit radio say today), you’re essentially saying that you need to play for a “super victory” to overcome bad officiating as well as the other team. You shouldn’t have to do that.

If u can't convert in the red zone you'll never win....the problem is everyone focuses on the end of the game....if u look at the game as a whole the "calls" / "no calls" probably balanced out; however I totally agree those calls towards the end were terrible....

#15130 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think the point is they do not in fact cancel each other out; which is why all the news outlets today are calling out the officiating.

Its all BS....They can call a penalty on almost every play if they want to....

#15133 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Not almost, there's holding on every single snap of the ball, just a matter of rather it gets called.

Thats my point....sometimes they see it sometimes they don't....its an impossible job....shit happens in sports....just look at balls and strikes in baseball....their all over the map....

#15136 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And they should call them, or change the rules to reflect it.
Are we already passed the point of the season where they stopped calling the offensive holding everyone was bitching aboot to start the season?
Anyway, I think a lot of the complaining this year is the fact that most things are reviewable now, but they still get the call wrong on replay.
I heard someone, probably M. Parrarah, say the whole overturning of PI has to meet the standard of the famous Rams/Saints blown PI...anything "below" that won't get overturned.
Wait...wtf? Makes no sense.

I hear ya, but its a slippery slope...u gotta have rules or its pure chaos....yea the refs screw up, but for the most part their pretty darn good at their job (which is impossible by the way)...in my opinion they should get rid of all review plays (except touchdowns)....PI is total joke and all it does is waste time...

#15146 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The only story is that despite being co-located and pulling fans from the same basic geographic areas, Jets fans are notorious assholes (sexual harassment and assaults, horrible behavior in front of kids) compared to Giants fans, such that people report a very different vibe at the stadium depending on who is playing. Strange stuff.

sounds like Jet and Raider fans are in the same boat....I brought my kids to a Raiders/Niner game and dozens of drunk ass holes were wearing "Fuck the Niners" shirts....stay classy Oakland...I'm happy their leaving

#15156 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The thing that gets me with the “nfl is clearly orchestrated to maximize revenue” thing:
What about all the terrible games? Should’nt they be orchestrating a “best game ever” every Sunday, Thursday, and Monday?
Also how about the uppity players kneeling, holding out, and otherwise causing various controversies that upset the NFL’s redneck fan base?
Clearly, a league that is able to discreetly orchestrate a massive conspiracy that decides the outcome of 14-16 games a week would be able to put the kibbosh on stuff like that, no?
Oh shit. I’m asking too many questions!!!

Of course they want to maximize revenue...their smart....NFL is by far the biggest professional sports business in the world $13B in revenue, followed by MLB $9B

#15158 4 years ago

And why let the Patriots go to the SB every year, all while suspending the QB and fining the team? Why not help the teams that are struggling with their fanbases, instead of a team that has a season ticket waiting list 80k deep?
Wouldn't you spread out the SB wins and playoff appearances to maximize revenue? There's 0 chance I'm buying a "Division Champs!" hat as a Pats fan, but as a Jags fan? You bet!

Good point...theres no conspiracy....The Pats success tells you how important it is to have a great coach, qB, and owner....the rest are just puzzle pieces that can interchanged.

#15164 4 years ago

Jalen Ramsey to LAR for 2020 and 2021 firsts. Not sure I get that move, especially selling Peter's earlier today for something other than draft capital or OL help.

seems a little pricey to me....they need more help on the offensive side than the defense...great player though, but could be a drama queen. Although I bet his mysterious back injury all of a sudden goes away and he plays this week.

#15166 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They must be getting desperate to get back in the hunt this year.

They should have traded for an offensive lineman....they got dominated last weekend

#15168 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's what the Dolphins are going to do next year with their top pics. Get four top tier offensive linemen and trade to get Tannehill back.
I keeeed. But I did hear he had a good relief effort last weekend and is now starting for the Titans. Watching Fitzpatrick come in and almost leading them to a comeback victory reminded me of who I think was one of the toughest QBs ever. Jeff George. He got sacked 358 times and that does not include the times he got hammered to the ground and the ball was already gone. Much respect for that player.

I always liked Jeff George...he got his ass beat and kept fighting...everyone always focuses on skill players, but its always the teams with great offensive lines that get it done (and a good QB of course)....

#15202 4 years ago

I'd take Dallas over the Eagles....Eagles are mediocre at best, and they don't play very well on the road....just look at last week

#15204 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Eagles D is good against the run, takes Half shirt boy out of the equation. Amari Cooper isn’t playing...takes out the deep threat.
$20 straight up bet is on the table if someone wants to take it (who really thinks Dallas will win).

Its a tough one for me since I hate the Cowboys.....If I take that bet it would mean I would have to hope they win...thats a tough one....I'll take the Niners over the Skins

#15297 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Funny Cris Collinsworth sounds like a bandwagon fan. When Dallas is doing good has nothing but great things to say but when things are bad loves to hate.

He really is a bandwagon fan , but at least their not as bad as the Monday night crew....I watch that game on silent their so bad

#15317 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Yeah, it’s probably pointless. I try to have fun in here, but Eagles don’t get any respect outside of their own fan base no matter what. Even winning a Super Bowl in the last two years with essentially the same team minus a few players.
Admittedly they’re not having a good season, so I think I’ll duck out and spend more time on my games and restorations.

I should have bet u the $20 .... I would never count a team with a great QB and good coach....that being said they made the Cowboys look great, which they are NOT

#15332 4 years ago

The Jets are almost as bad as the announcers.....

#15340 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Aaron Rodgers QB rating: 158.3
Sam Darnold QB rating: 3.7

Pats have a below avg offense, and the Jets made them look like rock stars...be interesting to see how they do against a dominate defense...game could end up 6-3

#15343 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Below average?? Their 223 points scored so far is the highest in the NFL. They are averaging 31.85 ppg.
The announcers even mentioned that their +175 points over opponents (223 points to 48) is the highest since 1920.

The only half way decent team they've payed is the Bills (they have a great defense)....in that game it was 16-10, and the defense forced 4 turnovers, which lead to most of their points .... I'm a big believer in defense wins championships, which is why their 7-0 ....

#15345 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Wins don't come easy in the NFL. A win is a win. 7-0 is no easy feat, regardless. Putting up 30+ points a game will get you a win 99% of the time.
Their defense has been incredible as well. If they can stay healthy, they look like another shoo-in to play in the Superbowl.

I totally agree a win is a win..its not their fault they play is a terrible division....most teams are one or two injuries away from mediocrity

#15352 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

Patriots season ticket holder... I’ll be back when we play Dallas, Texans, and kc back to back to back before I talk any shit lol

Niner season ticket holder....I'll be back after they play Carolina, Seahawks, and GB.....I want to be a believer, but....well theres a lot of buts

#15360 4 years ago

Why would you want to see Harbaugh crouched over with his hands on his knees losing on your sidelines?
He was gifted one of the best jobs in college after a flamed out run in the NFL, and blew it there too. I'd much rather give a young coach a chance.

Harbaugh didn't blow anything in the NFL. He didn't get along with the owners rep (her son) who is a young kid who knows nothing about football, and is so disliked by the fan base that nobody hears from the guy anymore. His only real mistake was his choice of QB...Harbaugh's biggest problem in Michigan is he swung and missed on all his QB recruits, which is frankly surprising given his history.

#15362 4 years ago

Inability to spot QB talent is one of the worst flaws someone could have. Former QBs seem to be the worst at it. Looking at you, Elway.

Harbaugh recruited Andrew Luck to Stanford.....so he hit a home run there...

#15367 4 years ago
Quoted from lllvjr:

I called jimmy g Super Bowl with in three years of him when San Fran made the trade. I was hoping to god he would have a bad year so we could trade back for him after Brady retired.... looks like San Fran won the deal!

Jury's still out on Jimmy G. He like Brady have had the luxury of leaning on the their defenses this year. I do hope your right, but one series he looks incredible, and the next he throws a stupid INT.....

#15380 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hard to believe it's been a whole week since the Aikman/Buck show, but here we go again!
Actually Buck is a better baseball announcer and is somewhat bearable there.

Anyone is better than the Monday night crew....their the worst by a long shot....I actually like Aikman

#15387 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I cut cable but watched my first MNF game in a loooong time. Seriously, a company the size of ESPN/ABC has a guy named Booger as their lead for the game? He's terrible...the broadcast looked so amateur.

He's worse than terrible....Collinsworth doesn't bother me as much as the Monday night crew...they used to be the best of the best, and now their the worst of the worst.

#15402 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Best crew ever.[quoted image]

No doubt...

#15412 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You don’t have to be dirtbag’s brother to see that trubisky sucks hairy ball sack and is the latest addition to the Bears Qb Hall of Shame.
Dalton is no world beater at this stage but I see him as an upgrade.

Not much if at all....the advantage of Turbisky is he theoretically has some upside due to his lack of experience, and age.....We've all seen what Dalton can do, and its not much....he's not leading u to the promise land so why give anything for the guy.

#15451 4 years ago

Niners look tough today....if only Jimmy G could stop the stupid passes they might be unstoppable on offense.

1 week later
#15563 4 years ago

Baltimore is going to be tough to beat this year....it will all come down who can stay healthy...the good news with the Niners is they have 4 starters on offense out the last 3 weeks, and they get all those guys back soon. Losing one of their line backers for the season stings a bit. Their schedule get pretty tough the second half of the season...Seattle twice, Rams (Home), AZ (Home), at Baltimore, at New Orleans, at Atlanta, and GB (Home) ... I'd be happy if they go 4-4 the last 8 games.

#15572 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Seattle next monday will be a great indication on how the second half of the season is going to unfold. And Baltimore will be a moment of truth their game against the Patriots was my favorite this season.

yea kind of..its just one game so I won't read much into it. Playing Baltimore away is always a tough task.

#15574 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

How did the Ravens lose at home to the Browns? That one I can’t figure out.

Browns have a lot of talent and its the NFL...the outcome of most games is always in question....thats why the good teams bounce back from bad losses.

#15584 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Rams are 3rd in the NFC West, fighting for a wild card spot (currently on the outside) and haven't won a Super Bowl in 20 years. Got the biggest no call gift to steal their way into the last Super Bowl where they scored a grand total of 3 total points. Star running back has arthritis and they will be in salary cap prison for the next 5 years because of overweighted contracts. That team? Garbage.

NFC West is by the far the toughest division in football...I think the Pats will ultimately suffer playing such a easy schedule...they play is arguably the worst division in football.

#15586 4 years ago

This is an entertaining game....be even better if I didn't have to listen to these horrible announcers....you would think they would get top notch guys for Monday night football...it used to be special.

#15595 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

[quoted image]

Thats funny shit!

1 week later
#15647 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

How about this monday night matchup? Time to watch on mute!

Their terrible....

#15658 4 years ago

These announcers are so bad .... ESPN must be on a major budget cuts...

#15674 4 years ago
Quoted from nascarrey:

Best MNF game this year!

Great game....Niners offense gave them too many turnovers in their own red zone...can't win that way....if u can't make a 40+ yard field goal u don't deserve to win....

#15683 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Without Kittle and sanders and the ball at your own 20 with the Seahawks with no time outs in ot. The Niners should have run the the ball and if they did not get some decent yardage, they should have taken the tie. They still would have had a 2 game lead in the division and for home field. Now it is down to one game with tough games coming including another game in Seattle.
Seattle now controls the division.
Poor decision that I have a feeling will comeback to haunt them when it comes back to seeding and the division.

The Niners were terrible on offense...9 dropped balls, and lack of run game did them in...the good news is they still should have one the game....not having their kicker didnt help, but give them credit they made plays when it counted.

#15700 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Fair point, Sanchez must come up in every personnel action the NFL faces. I'm not saying Kap wasn't blacklisted back in 2016, I just wonder if he was good enough in the last two seasons he did play for a team to take a chance on him now that he's been on the shelf (and then have to listen to half of their fan base make hollow threats to quit watching football and never, ever come back). His willingness to play for league minimum may play a part as well.

I watched Kap for years as a Niner season ticket holder. He was a great athlete, but not a good QB. Once defenses knew how to defend the run threat and make him make decisions it was game over....

#15719 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

There is only 32 teams and i doubt if anyone will pick up Kap as a qb. His last few seasons were horrible and I've felt it's his inability on the field that's kept him off of it. This NFL workout is probably just part of his settlement. But why would any team risk losing thousands of fans for a back up qb that really isn't that good anymore?! Maybe he will play in the new Vince McMahon league but that's about it.

He should play in the Canadian league....talent level is more in line

#15762 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There was never a doubt that pouncey was getting a couple games. As soon as this weird kicking motion started

He doesn't deserve any punishment...he was defending his QB against a player that frankly should probably be kicked out of the league....it will be interesting to see how big a punishment Garrett receives...IMO it should be no less than 16 games....

#15770 4 years ago

Total bullshit that Pouncy got a 3 game suspension.....All he did was react after Garrett swung the helmet at his QB....My prediction is Garrett will get another 10 games next year....

#15781 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

16 games?!? Hunt was seen on video kicking a woman in the head and got eight!
Settle down a little before posting anything. You're letting your emotions get in the way.

One was on the field and the other wasn't so not sure what planet your on. Garrett pulled a guys helmet off, and used it as a weapon against another NFL player.....minimum one year suspension is what he should get.

#15782 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Browns are one game back in the win column for a wild card spot and have the easiest remaining schedule of all 32 teams.
Yeah, they're toast.

Their the Browns...terrible organization with probably the worst coach in the league.

#15784 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

For sure the worst fans on Pinside!

#15801 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Like I said before, Kareem Hunt got eight games for assaulting a woman...on video.
By giving Garrett anything more than that, the NFL would essentially be saying they care more about player safety than that of regular citizens like you and I. Would be a terrible look for them.

Couldn't disagree more....its a terrible look for them if they don't drop the hammer on the guy...I don't think the guy should be kicked out of the league, but 10 more games next year is my prediction....one actually happened on the field, and one did not. Clearly the guy has emotional and anger issues that need to be addressed.

#15805 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I think they DID drop the hammer. Like the Browns or not, they are/were still very alive with that win on Thursday. Making Garrett watch from afar while his team now (likey) struggles sends a very clear message to HIM and the fans that that behavior will not be tolerated. If they miss the playoffs, many will point at Garrett and his despicable act as a major reason why.
He's 23 years old. He made a mistake and it's the first major red flag in his file. Remember, this is the same guy who recently had a fan punch him in the face while he sat in his car...and he did nothing to retaliate.
The NFL will reinstate him for week one in 2020 and the Browns will continue to get better as a team. Sorry if the Browns threaten you in some way, but you need to get used to them being around for a while.

To be honest I don't think the Browns threaten anyone...I'm a Niner fan, and was at the Monday night game where the Browns basically got destroyed. I do agree that he's young and he made a terrible mistake. He's a great player and hopefully this terrible act won't define him, but I would be shocked if he didn't get an entire year. His terrible act shined a really bad light on the NFL. By the way the Browns will never be a good team unless they get rid of their coach, and get a QB

#15830 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Coulda
Woulda
Shoulda
Let's deal with the facts here, not hypotheticals.

I realize that as a Browns fan you've been in a state of depression the last 50 years, but clearly you love ignoring the facts. The guy ripped off another players helmet and hit him in the head with it....do you really think guys like this beyond in the NFL? clearly the guy has a screw loose

#15831 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Did you hear his after workout speech?? Wow this dude is so arrogant and self absorbed...

All his speech did was dig a bigger hole for himself....although he's clearly better than most backup QB's in the NFL nobody wants to listen to his rhetoric anymore....

#15854 4 years ago

49ers look terrible today....100 yards in penalties already and its only the start of the 3rd quarter

#15895 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think Burrow was going to go #1 anyway, but yeah I don't know how far Tua will fall.
The whole hip thing can sound a little scary, but more and more people aren't playing in their 'last' year so I don;t think it'll matter much.

I think Herbert from Oregon will go first...Tua is a stud, but he's not very durable and has been prone to injuries....If he's deemed healthy by the docs he'll still go in the first round as too many teams need QB help.

#15956 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

And the plot thickens...[quoted image]

Sure could it happen, but I don't believe it...Garrett is trying to justify his actions by throwing someone else under the bus....I hope the guy gets another 10 games next year.

#15958 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Show me on the doll where Mr. Garrett hurt you.

Huh? Apparently you didn't watch the film....the guy has a screw loose...

#15962 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Where did X touch you/hurt you is the new "Mom's basement."

I was trying to feel a little sympathy for the guy until he started throwing other people under the bus.....

#15970 4 years ago

It doesn't seem like a knee jerk defense, as there was some mention right after the incident by both Garrett and Kitchens that something had started the incident, but they were going to keep that to themselves.
There are only a couple of things you can say where you should 100% expect to get your ass beat. That's one of them. Not saying Garrett should have reacted that way, but if Rudolph did say what's alleged, he shouldn't have been so surprised that he did.
I pretty clearly saw him mouth the word "bitch" to one of the other lineman that knocked him down later. I remember that, because I thought it would be a weird thing to yell at a guy that just leveled you out so easily. It also seems like a weird thing to wind down to if he had really swung for the fences on the first remark.
Who knows.

very different than using a racial slur....my guess is that word is said 100's of times during a game....complete bush league that Garrett is using this as an excuse to justify his actions. Even worse trying to smear another guys reputation....

#15982 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Aight.. some of u peeps were right.. troy and buck are fukkin horrible ! Never really noticed just how bad they are. They pump no energy into the game & seem like they don't really wanna be there.

Their the fucking A team compared to the Monday night crew....

#15993 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I got a few sacks in high school. So much glory.
I think I once recovered a fumble.

Awesome ! the good news is you remember it to this day

#16007 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Do you ever have anything positive to say about anybody or anything?
Dirtbag

yea he loves Myles Garrett

#16019 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Didn't I read somewhere that MLS (yeah, SOCCER) has better attendance numbers than hockey?
Talk about a kick in the nuts. That's almost as bad as losing to the WNBA!

First truth I've heard come out of your mouth....well done!

#16128 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Lamar looks crazy sick. Long interview with Mike Vick about him online.

The guy is a total stud, and frankly not sure if he can be stopped. That being said he's on borrowed time. At some point the punishment is going to take its toll. There is ZERO chance at longevity if he keeps running the ball.

#16245 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No disrespect but I don't think Seattle will make it to the superbowl

I think the Niners , Seattle, or NO have the best chance in the NFC.....

#16267 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Is it? Who are you to say when it's finished or not?
Someone is lying here. The ball is in Rudolph's court. If I were him, and millions of sports fans heard someone else call me a racist, I would sue that person.
Unless, of course, he actually said what Garrett said he said. And he is indeed a racist.

Clearly Garrett is lying....the guy went to new lows calling out the racist card...total BS...Hope the guy gets another 10 games next year.

#16268 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Looks I struck a few hick nerves. You guys are funny, as in, people enjoy laughing at you.
Go Browns.

If I was a Browns fan I would be angry to....arguably the worst franchise in all of professional sports.

#16280 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"Clearly"?
Do you have proof? Like I said, the ball is in Rudolph's court. Every day he refuses to sue for slander, he looks a little bit worse.

what are you talking about....ZERO people who were interview said they heard any kind of slander....your smoking crack...Garrett is a complete hot head who after his big lies should be kicked out of the league....

#16281 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

The NFL has microphones covering every square inch of their fields. Would be very easy go determine if Garrett is lying or not, but then the NFL would have a MONSTER sized problem on their hands.

They did that along with interviewed everyone on the field...clearly you've never played sports...nobody sues for things that happen on the field...

#16283 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Oh my God,I'm already in enough pain here!Do you know what it's like to love a winning team in the 70's and 90's
and then put up with years of mediocrety ?

I feel your pain....I'm a Niner fan

#16296 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I truly believe that the 9ers will crush the Ravens.

I don't think they will crush them in Baltimore....should be a good game....I'd probably give the edge to Baltimore since its an early east coast start and its at their house....if it was on the west coast I would give the edge to the Niners....Hopefully its a good game

#16313 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

West coast teams playing a 1pm game on the East coast are at a disadvantage. I fully expect the Ravens to win and ESPiN to anoint them Super Bowl Champions. I also don't expect the Ravens to make it to the Super Bowl.

Whatever happens this is a good test for the Niners in case they do play them in the Super Bowl. Defending Jackson is a real challenge. My bet is he won't be playing in 2 years due to all his running. At some point he's gonna get hurt...happens to all these running QB's..

#16315 4 years ago

Kitchens seen wearing a "Pittsburgh started it" t shirt....what a fucking loser....by far the worst coach in the league.

#16316 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Saddest part of that is it is very likely they will not go to any great lengths to stop him from doing it as winning is all the owners care about.

The guy is a stud so I hope he doesn't get hurt, but at some point he's gonna get whacked hard....happens to all running QB's

#16321 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Russel Wilson runs and for some reason never takes big shots. I know Lamar runs more but it is possible to remain healthy.

Seattle doesn't have Wilson run designed plays. He's elusive at getting out of the pocket and taking off if he sees an opening. Very different than how they use Jackson

#16323 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Show me on the doll where Mr. Kitchens hurt you.

I love the guy....gets out coached just about every week...especially against my Niners...the good news for u their not the worst team in the league....things are looking up in your world

#16331 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

There just seems to be a lot of people in here who have been hurt pretty badly by the Browns organization. So much anger!

I love that you continue to defend Garret and the Browns organization as a whole....its priceless and very entertaining

#16333 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah, at least he is a true fan without waver however ridiculous he goes about it eh.

He clearly knows that his stance is rediculous.....he just likes stirring the pot a little...all good

#16337 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"rediculous"
Are you guys doing this on purpose? Might save some face by saying "yes".
Go Niners?

Yes defending Garrett is ridiculous....the guy lost his shit, and acted like a punk by playing the race card...now he'll pay the price.

#16343 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The NFL is not the union... The NFLPA is the union.. and they aren't the ones making the statement about film and mic evidence.

ZERO chance the guy made a racial slur....his players and all the african player around him would lose their shit....it was TOTAL BS that Garrett played the race card.

#16345 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

The NFL is not going to make a definitive statement of who’s lying because you can’t prove a negative. You can’t prove someone didn’t say something even if everyone around at the time heard nothing. This whole thread the last couple pages has gotten so rediculous.
I look forward to 49ers getting their ass handed to them tomorrow. Their defense is good, except against mobile quarterbacks. They lost to Russel Wilson, and barely beat the guy from Arizona. Lamar Jackson is going to eat them for lunch.

Ha coming from a Rams fan....clearly u haven't been watching the Niners....if the Niners didnt lose their kicker they would still be undefeated....losing in OT to Seattle is no big deal...shit happens.

#16354 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I got the Sunday ticket. I saw most of the Seattle game, and parts of both Arizona games. Kyler Murray and Russel Wilson gave that defense fits. Arizona could have easily won both games if not for all the other problems that team has. We will find out tomorrow. I suppose on any given Sunday anything can happen. The sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while. Hell, the Browns beat the Ravens.
Damn, how did I get sucked into this thread again?

I'm with ya....its easy to forget these guys are all pros. Anybody can beat anyone on any given Sunday. It will be a pretty tough task today. Its tough for west coast teams to play the early game on the east coast. Plus the Niners have a shit load of injuries so we'll see what happens. My guess its a pretty close game. The NFC is loaded with good and great teams. AFC on the other hand has Baltimore, Pats (and their not that good), and KC

#16358 4 years ago

Still the champs, but offense is a big issue.....defense is elite

#16359 4 years ago

This is exactly what killed the Niners against the Seahawks....two Garoppolo fumbles in the red zone ...those are game changers

#16361 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

He is holding the ball too long. If he doesn’t make quicker decisions this could get ugly. Does not look like they are going to be able to run the ball.

Not having their starting tackle really hurts their running game....I suspect they'll keep sticking to the run. They need to keep the ball away from Jackson.

#16366 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

That penalty was a killer. Had them stopped.
If I was D coordinator, I would be selling out on Jackson. Let them try and pound Ingram.
If the Niners can’t get a good drive here. This could get ugly.

Agree....they need to key on Jackson....the guy is so fast theres no way to defend unless they bird dog the guy.

#16372 4 years ago

When u have two great teams battling typically it comes down to mistakes. Niners gave Baltimore 7 points on that Garopplo fumble in the red zone, which is the difference....terrible clock management by Shanahan at the end of the half. The second half should be a good one.

#16373 4 years ago

Niners defensive ends are getting worked today....they need to key on Jackson and not the runner....I know easier said then done especially from my couch!

#16375 4 years ago

This could be a Super Bowl preview.....great battle in the cold weather...Niners holding their own on the road

#16378 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Thank god they picked up that late hit flag out bounds! This is football and if you are going to run you are going to get hammered!

It would have been a terrible call....this game is awesome....Niners are doing a good job of controlling the ball, and keeping it out of the hands of Jackson. Win or lose the Niners showed up thats for sure

#16380 4 years ago

Niners need a turn over

#16383 4 years ago

Great game...Ravens made plays when they had to....love to play them on a neutral field....outcome would be very different

#16391 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Pray for inclement weather. Niners did a great job containing Jackson, but the sloppy conditions really helped to slow him down. That shotgun on 4th and one had me shaking my head. The run game was pounding Baltimore all day and they decide to put it in Garoppolo’s hands?
It will be really interesting if Baltimore has to go into foxboro in January facing rain/snow conditions.

Baffled me as well, but the Niners D is elite so not surprising they slowed down the Ravens offense....the game changers were missing the field goal at the end of the first half (plus bad game management on Shanahans part), and the Garappolo fumble down in their red zone....game really could have gone either way, but in the end the Ravens made more plays when it counted.

#16408 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ole Baker Mayfield isnt turning out to be what Browns fans thought he was going to be is he? Gotta love it as much as he has ran his big fat mouth. He is turning out to be one of the biggest busts in NFL history!

I think Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russell hold that title

#16517 4 years ago

That was a ballsy call....

#16520 4 years ago

what a bullshit call...Seattle is the luckiest team on the planet...I can't wait for the Niner rematch in Seattle..

#16523 4 years ago

Good lord...the guy shanks a kick

#16524 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Time to watch classic Wilson being a clock manager, slowly grinding down yardage and then scoring. Seattle is so good at this part of the game.

He's a good as it gets when it comes to clock management...they are good as they've won a bunch of games in the last quarter....

#16526 4 years ago

These are the absolute without a doubt worst announcers in the history of football....

#16529 4 years ago

Pretty lucky winning all these close games....I predict the Niners smoke the hawks in Seattle....they should have all their weapons for that game...the first game they had 4 offensive starters out + their kicker, and still should have won the game

#16650 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Freddie Kitchens has one chance to save his job in Cleveland: get to the postseason. If he wins out (Mangini style), he saves his job.
That being said, Ron Rivera will be the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns.

It would be smart if they shit canned Kitchens and signed Rivera ....

#16870 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

"Awkward trolling"?!?
You DO know what this thread is dedicated to, right? If I veered of topic at all it was to address the blatant racism that is right in front of everyone's eyes every other day. But that's right, I'm the bad guy.

blatant racism? Please explain .... thats a pretty bold statement

#16872 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm not going any further with that. Nope. I'll get booted before I can refresh my page.
It's all there. Just need to go back and read it for yourself.

No thanks...I just haven't heard any racist remarks on this topic.

#17089 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

My prediction for tonight. Eagles 3, Giants 0.

oh thats funny...u might be spot on....the good news its such a shitty game that I don't have to listen to the worst announcers in football....

#17094 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

My favorite call yesterday was the non call for PI on the saints’ fake punt. Too many teams are just lobbing up passes hoping to get a cheap PI call and I’m glad it didn’t work in this case. It kinda looked like Payton was unclear in the rule, unless he really feels holding should be called on EVERY SINGLE punt play.
Is it me or does it seem there are multiple awesome games every week this season?

There was no PI on that play.....so it was called correctly

#17111 4 years ago

That Saints/Niner game was off the charts....by far the game of the year. Not exactly sure what happened to the Niner defense, but lets hope it was an anomaly !

The NFC is loaded this year (especially the west)

#17142 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

First drive for Giants. All three plays to Barkley. Two runs and a slant pass to the flat. Do they have anybody else?

NO

#17164 4 years ago

worst game of the year....shitty football all around

#17240 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

You should check out www.yourteamcheats.com.

That website is a TOTAL joke

#17646 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I was about to ask about that. I was busy today and never had time to watch games. How did the falcons beat the 49ers?
Was the 49ers just playing their 4th string players or something?
I did look up the Bronco score and see they got creamed. Mahomes is very entertaining to watch, I just wish he would not do so well against my Broncos.

No excuses, but they had 4 defensive starters out. The defense isn't why they lost the game. The Niners offense was terrible ($ fumbles, two lost), and Shanahan was out coached. Lets hope they learn from the experience and run the table. If they beat the Rams and Seahawks they'll get the number one seed. If they don't then its the wild card.

#17658 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Still goof’n my brains out over the Niner’s losing to Falcons.

Happens....lets hope they learn from the experience and peak during the play offs. If healthy the Niners will be tough to beat

#17668 4 years ago

Did u add the latest Patriots cheating scandal to yourteamcheats.com ? I doubt it since they gave the Patriots zero cheat points for deflate gate....

#17675 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He’ll bet you $20 that the Pats are cleared by yourteamcheats.com. Just don’t ask for odds.

of course he will....clearly content and ratings are driven by a Pats fan....its no coincidence that they are always in the news for doing something wrong...

#17688 4 years ago

Its pretty difficult to crown Brady the GOAT....the rules have changed so much in his era that stats are inflated. Its almost impossible to play defense anymore with all the rules.

#17717 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

All teams cheat, the Patriots "cheats" are just more magnified/condemned because haters. You may want to check out www.yourteamcheats.com to get a better idea of what I'm talking about.

The site is complete bogus.....a primary example is they give the Patriots zero cheat points for deflate gate, and the Niners cheat points for what someone says in an interview....sites a joke

#17795 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I wonder how may hits Joe Montana could take like this?
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]
EDIT: The answer is none, his little elbow was too hurt and he was never the same.

If i had to pick one quarterback to lead me down the field in a Super Bowl it would be Montana....Brady would be my second choice

#17822 4 years ago

Tom Brady has masterfully executed an offense, at least when it matters... I'll give him that.
I get tired of the "GOAT" talk. I can't wait until I can stop pretending Tom Brady is somehow better than every other QB ever. I just don't see him as the linchpin.
Peyton Manning was the most impressive QB I've seen. He actually changed the game, and had DCs shaking in their boots every time he took the field. His years in Denver he was a shell of himself, he started to lose zip on the ball midway through the year, but he still did what he needed to do to get that ring.
I think he's also the only QB to ever win a SB with 2 different franchises... but I may be wrong on that.

I agree....there really is no GOAT as the game is very different......although if I was forced to pick a GOAT Jerry Rice would be the easiest to pick

#17913 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

49ers will crush them RW!

I hope your right, but the Niners D isn't what they were in October....missing 5 starters clearly has hurt their defense

#18024 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Not that the Rams had much of a chance to make the playoffs anyway, but it was kind of sad to see them dominate for much of the game and then give up back to back 3rd and 16 conversions. I guess it was a fitting end to their season.

I'm not sure we watched the same game....I didn't see anyone dominate the game

#18025 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Cant wait to send whatever 49er fans dare show up to Seattle crying back to San Jose next week

Should be a good game....Niners are definitely a better team, but Seattle seems to have their number...Carroll is a great coach

#18043 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

No Kittle and basically no sanders in that game. Niners still had opportunities to win. I like the Niners chances in that rematch. Problem is Niners defense is severely compromised since than.

No kicker....Gould was hurt....Im not an excuse guy...you can probably blame the loss on Shanahan, but Seattle made the field goal, and we missed ours....I will say this that losing 4 starters on defense has really hurt the Niners (especially Dee Ford, and Tart)....lets hope those guys make it back soon.

#18111 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Should have won both of them actually

Ha my Niners had Joe Montana.....

#18113 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

True but the Bengals had both of those superbowls won.

Nah....Joe just wanted them to sweat it out

#18146 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

1. Drew Brees would have 50 fewer TD passes if he didn't play in a climate controlled dome all these years.
2. They should remove Lombardi off of the SB Trophy and replace it with Belichick, there's no question who the GOAT head coach is.
3. Perennial Dumpster Fire teams (Bengals, Browns, Racistskins, Detroit) should be removed from the NFL so quality of play can go up.
4. Despite a 42 year old QB, and a revolving door at WR and K, the Patriots are still one of the favorites to win the Super Bowl.
5. All teams cheat, you should check out www.yourteamcheats.com, no reason to single out the greatest NFL franchise of all time.

I agree on point number 1. Playing is a temp controlled dome is a total game changer, but Brees is a great QB. Belichick is a great coach, but I think u drank too much over the weekend. Its no coincidence that the Patriots are the only NFL franchise to be accused of cheating almost annually....

#18159 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I don't drink.
Garbage teams can't figure out how the Patriots keep winning so they make up puffs of air and phantom hidden cameras.
Most people have no idea just how benign Spygate really was. If the camera was 20 more feet up in the stands it would have been legal. Educate yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spygate_(NFL) or sound like every other blind hater with sand in their vajjj.

My point is its always the Patriots who are accused of cheating....clearly its no coincidence...deflate gate was far more serious than anything else...deflating balls 2 psi is a big deal....

#18172 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

A big deal? After the Deflategate punishment forced Brady to play with properly inflated balls all he has done is go to 3 consecutive Super Bowls, winning two of them and set Super Bowl records for the biggest comeback and yards in a game. He also won another NFL MVP. Yeah, it sounds like 2psi was a real big deal...smh...

Nobody is doubting the greatness of Brady, but u still seem to ignore the fact that the Patriots cheated and seem to be the ONLY NFL team in the news for cheating (seems to happen annually)...The good news is the Patriots immortal NFL run is over....

#18174 4 years ago

Its over....the good news is they play in the shittiest division in football so they should still compete for the playoffs every year...next year 8-8 might win it

#18188 4 years ago

Looks to me like its not on Cousins....Minnesota's offensive line is getting dominated tonight....

#18197 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Stoked![quoted image]

I love it.....hasn't played in two years...was last seen taking tequila shots in the parking lot at the Raiders game

#18210 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

He averages 4.2 yards per carry. I think it will work out fine.
Got any better ideas when you lose 2 of your starting running backs late in the season?

Its shocking to me that they don't have a few running backs on their practice squad.....who knows how he'll perform as he hasn't strap em up in years....he might be just fine....Niners haven't won up there is 7 years so they better bring their A game or their gonna get their ass kicked even though they are a far superior team.

==-
-

#18217 4 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Let’s all agree, we’re all passionate fans and have our teams..but I do wish a merry x mas to all filled with love and happiness..and..[quoted image]

I'd love to see a Chiefs / Niners Super Bowl.....

#18250 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m as amused as anybody by the return of Beast Mode, but realistically he’s old, he’s probably in terrible shape, and he has a ton of miles on him.
I wouldn’t expect much.

yep a blown hamstring in the 2nd quarter after he fumbles in the first .... welcome home beast mode

#18434 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

I'm actually pretty happy. We are most likely getting a new coach, which means we will be tougher to beat next season. Kitchens was their biggest obstacle this season (literally, he's fat).

Cleveland needs fire everyone involved in football operations and hire a new crew. Kitchens is terrible, but the GM who hired him is worse.

#18492 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No they didnt because they still have two cancers on the team that they need to get rid of, mayfield and Beckham. Look here at Mayfield how classless he is.
https://www.newsbreakapp.com/n/0Nhm6xpV?s=a99&pd=036lRQ6C

They really need to get rid of Dorsey....he's terrible

#18496 4 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Is he? They got all kinds of talent. They need a coach to pull it all together.

Look at his track record with the Browns. He has no concept of team culture..u need talent, coaching, and team chemistry....their missing 2 out of the 3...

#18520 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

What a joke the NFL is! That pass interference should have been reviewed. Niners hold on and win because of amateur reffing. What a travesty!

yea right .....what about the BS call on the last 49ers drive....or the PI they called on the 49ers, which was terrible or the holding on the seahawks offensive line on almost every play.....the better team won....The SeaHawks reign in the west in over

#18522 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Welcome back Marshawn Lynch!

He looked fat and slow....the rookie actually looked good

#18524 4 years ago
Quoted from WolfManCat:

Some bad calls but the hawks ultimately have themselves to blame. I love Lynch but trying to put him in with so little time killed thier momentum, lost them yards and a couple critical downs at the 2.
Thought it was good game over all though. Well fought by both sides.

There were bad calls on both sides of the ball....its called football.....both games they played this year came down to the last play....great entertainment

#18527 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

You can pin the hiring of Kitchens and the trade of Zeitler on Dorsey. Kitchens is gone, so ownership has admitted they let Dorsey make a huge mistake. His seat just got 4000 degrees hotter, but the good news is they are going to have a coaching change with a roster that is the most talented since they came back in '99. This isn't the same as asking a veteran coach to come in and help rebuild a team.
Oh, wait. Forget everything I said above. Baker Mayfield yelled at a Bengals fan who was heckling him.
The Browns are totally screwed.

Its gonna be challenging for the Browns to recruit a top notch head coach with that front office....

#18530 4 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

That non call pass interference is supposed to be reviewed by the BOOTH when it's in the last 2 minutes. NFL doesn't understand their own rules they make. Very bush league!

You want to focus on one play, which they would never overturn anyways .... what about all the other bad calls? That 15 yard penalty against the Niners on their last possession was terrible, and so was the pass interference call on the Niners.....it is what it is....theres always tough calls in tight football games.

#18531 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It’s probably better for Seattle that it didn’t cross the line. If they won, they play a rested Vikings team at home next week where they are 4-4. Instead they get to play an injury riddled Eagles team on the road where they are 7-1. If they beat the Eagles, they most likely play the 49ers on the road where 49ers have not looked that good lately. I like Seattle’s chances much better at San Fran than in New Orleans or Lambeau.

we know one thing it will be a good game...the NFC west was by far the best division in football....The Niners went through the gauntlet in regards to schedule this year, and came out pretty good

#18564 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Probably going to see the hawks again in two weeks. Hopefully Ford and Tart heal up and the D doesn’t gas out again!!!
Maybe even get Alexander back

Niners D was close to Elite prior to all the injuries. Now I would say their average at best. They couldn't get off the field in the second half mainly due to the defensive back play. I love Dee Ford, but the guy is always hurt and rarely gets on the field. If the guy doesn't show up for the play offs I would get rid of him and allocate the money somewhere else. 49ers 3rd down defense last night was terrible.

#18567 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Thinking more about that game, I still can’t believe the Seahawks didn’t kick the field goal towards the end of the first half. The risk vs reward seemed crazy at that point. They were at the 30 and even if they make it, there is no guarantee they are getting a TD. It would have changed the whole dynamic of the game.

DJ Jones, Blair, Ford, Alexander, and Tart are 5 key guys on defense that are no longer on the field. You can clearly see the impact its having on the defensive back play. That being said everyone everyone is riddled with injuries this time of year. Hopefully they get Ford, Tart, and possibly Alexander back for the play offs. If those guys don't step up its gonna be hard to win out. Home field advantage isn't that big a deal for the Niners (2 out of their 3 loses came at home).

#18569 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

The bye was more important for the Niners to heal up. Also forcing any possible matchup with the Saints at home is good.
Saints road is now pretty difficult. One home game, than trip to Lambo and possible trip to Santa Clara, opposed to all those games in the dome.

Yep....Saints are tough at home...having to play on the road (especially in Lambo) is gonna be tough on the Saints. Brees is tough in a heated dome with zero wind.

#18577 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Horrible for them for sure. But that's what you get for finishing only 13-3

The NFC was pretty loaded with good teams this year.....pretty tough pill to swallow being 13-3 and being the 3 seed. Any of those 4 teams have a chance to make the Super Bowl....

#18591 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Jason Garrett fired!

really? I haven't heard any news on the firing

#18595 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like it could be just speculation at this point....

He's not under contract anymore so firing isn't necessary. He just won't give him a new contract.

#18598 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Urban Meyer gotta be the favorite.

whoever it is .... good luck....Jerry Jones is the problem...

#18609 4 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I think Tony said it best..[quoted image]

They rarely changed PI this past year.....the ability to challenge was a complete joke .... for anyone who knows football theres always questionable calls the entire game....I'm more baffled by the unnecessary roughness and the PI they called on the Niners on Seattles last touchdown drive .....both were a complete joke and game changers

#18612 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Then they needed to review the one three plays earlier that wasn’t PI as well. That was just as bad of a call!

Terrible call...if anything it was offensive PI + the personal foul on the Niners last drive was a joke

#18617 4 years ago

Hard to believe the Eagles are favored over the Seahawks ....

#18677 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It's setting up like Peyton's last hurrah!

I think NO is going to struggle on the road playing in cold weather....playing at home in a dome is very different than having to travel to Lambo and play is 20 degree weather....

#18684 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

sorry I meant Brady setting up like Peyton Manning's final year in Denver. Limited offense, dominant defense. It's going to happen!

Defense has been a bit like the Niners in that their not so dominate anymore. The one thing about the Patriots is they know how to win

#18685 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think giants are all In on mcdaniels.
Terrible hire. Everybody wants a patriots coach and then they fire them 3 years later.

Teams need to hire qualified young coaches and GM's and give them 3-5 years to turn things around. Cleveland is a primary example of this. You can't change the culture of a shitty franchise in one or two years.

#18690 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’m pretty surprised by the short leashes giants coaches have been getting lately.

NFL teams are like big companies...it takes years to turn the ship in the right direction. Although a franchise like the Giants should be easier due to their storied past....teams like Cleveland take much longer....Cleveland should find some young stud and GM and give them 5 years to turn the ship....

#18691 4 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

This is 100% accurate.
Earlier in his career, Rodgers had an embarrassingly poor comeback record. A fair number of those could be blamed on the defense, but if you're still not occasionally throwing interceptions when playing from behind in the 4th quarter - then you're being too careful. Chuck that ball downfield if you're going to get sacked on a key third down. Worst case is you've just "punted". (Lions game was a rare example of actually doing this the right way...got picked off on a long third down with a deep pass and Lions were in the same spot they would have been with a punt. Spoiler: we won despite the pick).
Rodgers has improved on taking more risks in the last year or two, but is still too careful.
When I watch highlights of other games, I see way more incredible contested catches throughout the game. Those mostly only happen for the Packers if it's late in the game and Rodgers is backed into a corner and on the verge of losing. The rest of the time he's mostly only throwing to wide open guys, which is rare, so he's holding the ball too long and taking sacks, throwing it out of bounds, or afraid of picks and thus throwing it too far ahead of or behind the receiver.
I love the guy, and he's one of the best ever - but he's WAY too careful. Look at his results on free plays: bomb after bomb after bomb for TDs or long gains. Even those almost never get intercepted.
Talking heads always say that with the game on the line, they'd take Rodgers. Maybe that's the right move, but if it's not the final drive of the game, then Rodgers has become the consummate "protect the football at all costs and only throw to wide open receivers" kind of guy.
He has only thrown 2 pick 6s in his entire career. I'm grateful for that. Favre, who was a total madman had 32. (Yeah, Favre played more games, but Rodgers is on place for 3 pick 6s for a career as long as Favre).
Those two have nearly identical win percentages.
In the last few years, his use of the playclock has become infuriating. Unless he's catching them with 12 men on the field, he runs it down to 1 or 0 seconds nearly every time. I get that he's trying to read the defense or whatever, but if you're going to take that long and make all of those adjustments...shouldn't we be seeing wide open receivers once in a while? When was the last time you saw the Packers run an uptempo offense, even when playing from behind late in the game? How many timeouts have been lost on first and 10 because the clock ran down and Rodgers decided that those five yards were more valuable than a late game timeout?
Anyway, you are correct, with or without the gin.
Rodgers is just a few small tweaks away from being a god.
Go Packers!

I'd love to see a Packers vs Niners NFC championship game....

#18693 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Thats all you have to say, they always do. Horrible record sadly.

simple and to the point....its a lot easier to throw, run, tackle, catch in a heated dome with no wind.....playing in the elements is a game changer

#18701 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

So you can sing along...

I'll take the Seahawks and the 1.5 points if u want to place a bet

#18713 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Straight up, no spread. $25

spread is 1.5 points .... most people think the Eagles will win apparently

#18772 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think all the faves roll this week (so bold!!) with the games being one sided

i'd be surprised if Phii beats seattle....seattle is a far superior team

#18809 4 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

I pick the Bills v. Saints in the SB.

Thats a bold prediction....my pick is Niners vs. KC

#18810 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Eagles v. Patriots. I’ve already beat them with a backup quarterback, now I can beat them with a bunch of guys from the practice squad and make it even sweeter.

Eagles will be lucky to get past the first round...if by some miracle they do they'll get smoked in the the next round...

#18818 4 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

As a Bills fan, it's nice to be able to admit it.
They look like they've been improving, the defense is pretty good & Allan's getting better.
Still, SF 28 v. Balt. 34

The Bills are good.....they could easily beat the Texans this weekend

#18853 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I know I've said this before and have talked about it with The Law but I can't help but think it's time for Harbaugh to come back to the NFL. He's been under fire since last season and this last bowl loss for Michigan may have opened the door for an NFL team to lure him away. Dallas, Browns someone has to go after this guy, he's a great coach and the NFL in my opinion would benefit from his return as the guy is a winner plain and simple. I know he had somewhat of a god-like persona with Michigan alumni and fans during the earlier years but his stock has definitely dropped over the past 3 seasons so it's a golden opportunity for someone.

For anyone who says Jim Harbaugh isn't a great coach doesn't know football.....He's a stud....he was awesome with the Niners, and I'm sure would be great on any team (in the NFL) aside from the Browns

#18925 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They need to get rid of this bye week BS for sure. Even if it takes more weeks of playoffs.

why? the best teams should be rewarded with a week off....

#18926 4 years ago

Pats punished for breaking the rules....AGAIN....

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28421023/sources-nfl-discipline-patriots-video-violation

I'm sure they'll get zero cheat points on that BS website

#18928 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Hey now, Rondoggg’s site is on the level. You’ll find every one of the Pats rulebreaking episodes properly filed under “unintentional oversights.”

exactly...the site is a total joke

#18930 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They already get rewarded with home field advantage. And although maybe the better record, they are not always the best teams due to strength of schedule.

Theres some truth to what your saying, but I still think the best two teams deserve a bye....theres never been perfect parity in the NFL. Just look at the division the Patriots play in.....arguably the worst division in football the last 20 years.

#18932 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The current system is a result of going to 8 divisions from the 6 they had in the past.
To get rid of the bye week it, they would either have to eliminate the wild cards all together or have 16 teams, half the league, in the playoffs.
They aren't going to do either, so we are stuck with it the way it is for now.

If anything they would try and increase teams and play off games....its all about the revenue in the NFL

#18935 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

As was posted earlier the percentage of superbowl teams who had a bye is overwhelming. In addition to be granted a defacto playoff win, which cannot be overstated, bye teams avoid knicks for a week - their opponent does not. They're given another week to recover from previous injuries. The opponent does not. They do not tip their hands - their opponent does. They receive another week to gameplan - the opponent may or may not. And of course the future home game (which is the proper reward for a great season)

At this stage of the season having an additional week of rest is a really big deal

#19153 4 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I've never watched the Vikings in a SB. I have watched five NFC championship losses over the years though. I'd love to see the Vikes in a SB, win or lose. Hopefully win.

Their season ends next week....Niners D feasts on non mobile quarterbacks

#19165 4 years ago

Looking forward to the Vikes/Niners game next weekend....Seattle will hopefully get smoked in GB

#19169 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I'd love to see Seattle win in the last 60 seconds in Green Bay and hear all the Packer fan whining

Niners / Seattle round 3 would be epic

#19179 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Fireball is almost empty. I’ve had to drink the entire game anyway just for having to listen to Collinsworth.

He really is terrible.....almost as bad as the Monday night crew...

#19188 4 years ago

Eagles are out gunned....Seattle is a much better team....the only chance they have is to get a few turnovers in the second half.

#19229 4 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

As a 49er fan I can definitely see round 3 coming! But I was unimpressed with the Hawks performance today but maybe it was just a case of doing just enough to get it done.

Seahawks have been getting it done that way all year....they've won a bunch of close games. Wilson is a stud, and their very well coached. If the Niners D can get healthy they'll be tough to beat in the play offs....getting 3 starters back on D is a big deal.

#19230 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think you need some cheese with your whine. Clowney beats offensive lines and sacks quarterbacks. Sorry Wentz is made of glass and has been so prone to injuries his entire career, Wilson has played through all his injuries and started every game.

Didn't look like a dirty play to me.....I'd love to see a SeaHawks / Niners NFC championship game

#19238 4 years ago

I can't say I blame people for wanting to face up against GB. I like Aaron Rodgers to be really good and pissed off come playoff time. A giant sized chip on his shoulder from getting no respect being the 2 seed should just about do it.
I'm personally glad the Saints are out. That was a team I didn't think we matched up with very well. The Seahawks I feel pretty good about. That OL is porous, and we have some really good talent in that front 7 that will be really tough for them to deal with.

I'd rather see Green Bay than Seattle....mobile QB's give the Niners fits....even though could have easily beat Seattle twice, and Baltimore (in Baltimore)

#19286 4 years ago

My prediction is if the Niners D gets healthy (return of 3 starters) and Dee Ford actually plays to his potential then its lights out for everyone (including everyone in the AFC)....if not (which is more likely since Ford is always hurt) then all the Niners games will come down to the end. They've been battle tested the last 8 games of the season so I think their ready for play off football. They lost 3 games on the last play of the game, and could have won all of them. Missed short field goal in OT against Seattle (Gould was out hurt), multiple fumbles in the red zone against Baltimore, and completing blowing the Falcons game

#19291 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

They seem like the obvious upset pick on paper, but they just didn’t look very impressive against Philly.

The Seahawks just know how to win...Carrol is a great coach, and Wilson is clutch....on paper many teams are much better, but the seahawks know how to win close games.

#19295 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’d be curious to see if Wilson gets hit out by a helmet to helmet shot, then see what Geno Smith can do.

The problem was that Wentz was a runner and didnt give himself up. I didn't think the play was dirty at all (it was borderline). If Wentz game himself up we would be having a different discussion.

#19301 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

So you chose the heavily favored #1 seeds to make the SB before the playoffs started? Wow, where did you get your information!?!? Outstanding!

i don't think the Niners are heavily favored....Its really a coin toss between the 4 remaining teams....Niners having home field advantage helps, but its in warm weather so thats a plus for both teams. Weather predicting is rain this weekend so things should be interesting.

#19372 4 years ago

At some point someone is going to get a home game in the SB. It doesn't look likely for at least the next couple of years... but who knows.
I feel like there should be a designated stadium for the SB. It can't be any city that already hosts an NFL team. Vegas would have been a good choice, but just like everything else, the Raiders f'd that up too.
What's your pick for designated host city? I'll bring the stadium.

Anywhere on the east coast is a nightmare + Chicago + GB ..... West coast or Arizona give u the best chance for decent weather

#19385 4 years ago

Rose Bowl is a great idea. Not sure what the surrounding area is like (even though I was actually there 15 years ago), but that seems like a pretty great solution.
Ok, I'll get on the phone.

Rose Bowl is a great choice, but its an older stadium....I think Florida sucks for the Super Bowl....always seems to be raining...safest bet for weather and in an outdoor stadium is AZ

#19401 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pasadena is a lot better area than downtown Irwindale, that's for sure.
Only time I would go near Irwindale, is when scouring the junkyards of neighboring Wilmington. I always felt safe, but then again I always got out of there before dark.

Why would a stadium need to be new to host a Super Bowl? Nobody seems to complain when it hosts it's annual bowl game or some of the large concerts they have had there.

I think its a great venue for a game as I've been to several Rose Bowls.....The one negative is the ingress and egress into and out of the stadium sucks...probably the worst I've every seen, but the venue is great....NFL seems to want to play in modern stadiums

#19438 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

College coaches can always come the NFL, get paid, and fail, and it doesn't really matter. They are always welcome back to college.

True, but there have been several great college coaches who were great in the NFL...Walsh, Johnson, Harbaugh....

#19449 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...switzer...

Bill Walsh, Jimmy Johnson, Jim Harbaugh.....I'd argue that Walsh is the most innovative coach of all time

#19451 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Don’t forget Chip Kelly and his sports science smoothies. What a friggin trainwreck that guy was.

yea he was terrible.....

#19461 4 years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if Belichick calls it quits this year....he's a smart guy and probably realizes the party's over....they have no backup or answer to Brady so its gonna be tough sledding for quite a while (even thought they play in a terrible division)

#19479 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, his ego will make him want to prove it wasn't Brady, but it was him all along and he will be able to do it with someone else.

That might be so, but his party is over ..... his success is directly related to having Brady who not only was great, but was fine taking less money for the good of the team. Without a top notch QB the Patriots have no chance is this offensive oriented league......they screwed themselves when they traded Jimmy G for a second round pick.

#19486 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The situation was untenable. With Brady not going anywhere they weren't gonna be able to afford both of them. That trade was like 3 years ago.

Yeah I'm not sure either, but that's certainly part of it. Brady may want the challenge of going somewhere else. Somewhere warm. He could probably get a pretty fat 1 or 2 year deal from some desperate idiots who don't realize how bad he's gonna be next year.
On the Patriots side, Bill isn't stupid- he knows when it's time to move on. They ALWAYS move players a little early rather than later; so maybe it's simply time for the Patriots to move on. Maybe the "hometown discounts" are over and they have some choices to make.
Not sure why people seem to be "convinced" but there's more uncertainty than there ever has been there.

My point is Belichick isn't as smart as he think he is....he should of moved on from Brady 2 years a go and gone with Jimmy G....now the Pats are screwed because finding a great QB in this league is not easy.....its exactly what Bill Walsh did with Montana....let him go and gave Steve Young the reins

#19497 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I guess he's saying Jimmy would won the 3rd one too.

Not saying that at all...just saying moving on from a legend takes balls and Belichick didnt have the balls to make the move when he should have.....without Brady lets see how good the Pats are next year.....

#19514 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s a little different. Back then you could pay steve young to hang around a few years waiting for Montana to get hurt. Now, there’s a salary cap.

I actually think salary cap had nothing to do with it...it was all ego....Walsh knew Montana best days were behind him and Steve Young was the next hall of famer to take the helm....Belichick didnt have the balls to do it....he'll suffer the consequences

#19519 4 years ago

Walsh wasnt there when Montana left. I think it was Seifert as HC.

Your right it was Seifert, but Walsh was orchestrator of the entire thing....he had no emotional ties to anyone, and knew Steve Young would eventually take over

#19520 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

The stuff I read said Belichick was ready to go with Jimmy G but Kraft said nope. No way to know if that's true tho.

I could see that being true....

#19546 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

Brady's contract is up, so he's definitely not getting traded anywhere. He'd be signing somewhere as a free agent, and that new team wouldn't be on the hook for any money.
Brady attempted to negotiate a max-contract the last time around. When The Pats declined, he negotiated terms that allowed for him to leave more easily leave at the end of the season.
While the team may cut him a check once he retires, it will absolutely pale in comparison to what he would have made with (warranted) max-deals throughout his career. He took less money so the team could allocate funds and acquire top talent throughout his tenure. He's been vocal about not having viable options to throw to, acting as a further catalyst for his departure.

The Patriots really had a perfect Storm. Not only did they have a good coach, great QB, but more importantly they had a QB who was unselfish and would take a lot less money.....that formula won't happen again in the modern NFL where greed is king. Belicheck without Brady will be lucky to win his crappy division in the future....the party is over in NE

#19607 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Tom Brady signed 2 year contract worth $85m with Patriots. per NY Times.

I'd be shocked if thats true....I call BS

#19609 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

you guys seriously gave that more than 10 seconds of thought... the guy pumping yourteamcheats.com forever... over repeat sources on twitter like adam schefter or Ian Rapoport? Come on...

yea that website is a complete joke....

#19620 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

I think there is some clause with jersey sales that splits the revenue up with the league/teams, but I could certainly be wrong about that.
As for money, I don't have the faintest idea honestly. I believe he's looking for a two-year, max contract. I could see a team like The Chargers or The Raiders overpaying for him, for no reason outside of filling a new stadium in a new city.
The Chargers have no QB, a new stadium to fill, huge cap space, and are in Brady's home state. They could surround him with talent due to available funds, they would have people lining up to see the new team with Tom behind center, and if he simply acts as a game manager it should be enough to get them to the playoffs and keep the fan base happy. Gisele would feel at home in LA, and Tom can see what he can do without Bill (and vice versa). I can't imagine a more favorable situation for him.

the chargers owner is way too cheap to make of any of that happen....

#19622 4 years ago

Kenny Clark (DT) missed practice yesterday with a back. I haven't heard whether he practiced today. That would be a significant blow, as he's a very prominent member of our front 7.
Weather report for Sunday in GB:
[quoted image]
I was hoping for something a little more GB than that.

Looks like mild weather for GB....

#19649 4 years ago

Thanks for the history lesson. I'm old enough to remember the transition, but apparently not how it all started. I didn't realize Walsh wanted to move on much earlier.
https://www.ninersnation.com/platform/amp/2018/1/12/16882228/flashback-friday-joe-montana-steve-young-controversy-jimmy-garoppolo-tom-brady

Yep he actually writes about it in his book....replacing a legend is never easy....unless u have Steve Young in your back pocket....it was basically the Patriot model until they choose not release Brady and go with Jimmy G....not to say Jimmy G is in the same league as Steve Young, but he's pretty darn good

#19681 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

No way dude. Im going with the Chiefs vs 49’rs in the super bowl and i think the niners will win but im going to be rooting for Mahomes and the Chiefs ........sorry PTOWN.
Did you hear that dirtbag? I’m rooting for Mahomes because he’s my favorite NFL QB right now. Hmm........how can that be?? I bet you hate that because you’re not going to be able to call me the R word now!

Thats ok....be fun to have a bet if we get that far....The Vikings are really good so the Niners better bring their A game on Sat ....if they do they should win pretty easily. If they don't, and Jimmy G turns over the ball then it could be a tough day. I really think it comes down to whether or not Dee Ford plays and is effective. The guy is always hurt and hasn't played the second half of the year. It will be really hard to the Vikings to score if Ford plays and is effective.

#19721 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

While I think the 49ers should win, their defense hasn't really been that great for longer than 5-6 games, they were my defense for fantasy football so I was following them. They gave up 17 points to the Bucs, 17 points to the Bengals, 20 points to the Steelers, 25 and 26 to the Cardinals (two games), 24 and 21 to the Seahawks (two games), 17 to the Ravens, 46 to the Saints, 22 to the Falcons and 31 to the Rams. They only had 5 games where they held opponents to 13 or less points.
SF is tops in defending against the pass, but right in the middle of the pack in defending against the run. And the Vikings are 6th in the NFL in rushing yards per game this season. The statistical site FiveThirtyEight actually puts the 49ers vs Vikings game as the closest statistically, so statistically most likely to be the game where there is an upset.

They struggled against the run most of the year.....hopefully getting 3 starters back (Ford, Alexander, Tart) helps them bolster the run.....Niners should win easily if they don't turn the ball over. They could have easily won the three games they lost if it wasn't for Jimmy G fumbles.....Both Seahawks games shouldn't have been close, but the Niners let Seattle stay in the game, and when u do that your in trouble as Wilson is too good.

#19722 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Yes. Disrespected. overlooked maybe better word.

If Seattle can run the ball they'll beat GB....if they can't and their forced to throw the ball in that cold weather its gonna be tough.

#19723 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think hawks will beat GB, and they have beat sf once already and should of won 2nd game. They are under the radar, right where they like to be. And disrespected. GO HAWKS

Did you even watch the Niner/Seattle games? In the first game Jimmy G fumbled twice in the red zone, and the Niners missed a short field goal in OT (due to their kicker being hurt).....Seattle is good mainly due to Wilson being so clutch...u have to put them away early or odds are your gonna lose. I would like to see a Niners/Seattle round 3....

#19729 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Ya I did watch. Jimmy g fumbled cuz hes a choker who hasnt produced in the clutch yet. Their kicker was hurt, sea has no running backs from starting roster. I think sf is good, but believe seattle is better. All poll art of being a true fan!!

Huh? you had your entire lineup for that first game.The second game u were without Carson. The Niners were the one without 3 starters on defense, no Kittle, no kicker, and both tackles out of the game...Niners are by far the most talented team.....what Seattle has is Wilson, and Carroll...Jimmy G isn't a choker at all...hes just inexperienced, but keeps getting better with every game

#19734 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I just hope if it gets to these 2 teams, no more injuries and no questionable calls by refs. Fair enuf?

Fair enough....there were several questionable calls on both sides of the ball...

#19765 4 years ago

Niners should be up by 3 touchdowns....they need to do a better job in the red zone ....they've completely dominated both sides of the ball

#19774 4 years ago

I get trying to work the clock, but Shanahan has been too conservative.....

#19778 4 years ago

49ers Defense is back to being elite....bring on Seattle or GB....

#19780 4 years ago

Thats what u call completely dominating a football game....121 total yards for the Vikings...thats pretty dominate defense

#19784 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

They look much better against the run this week. But I don’t understand why the Vikings only threw 5-10 yard passes all game. They needed to stretch the field. The one long pass they threw resulted in a touchdown. Edit:And the second long pass they just threw should have been caught.

They couldn't handle the Niners defensive line....

#19787 4 years ago

21 yards rushing.....Niners D is elite

#19789 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Do you think they’re elite?

They were today Lets hope they get round 3 next week with your favorite team

#19796 4 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I hope so. I don’t want to see another drubbing of the Packers next week. But what did you think of Garropolos’ arm? Almost every pass looked like a wounded duck. Luckily for him the Vikings couldn’t stop the run.

I only saw one duck....he's been really good the last half of the season...definately a top 10 arm in the league

#19799 4 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I’m happy the 49ers won but I’m very worried for the next round. They showed some dangerous weaknesses but got lucky the Vikings were completely absent.

Like what? The only issue they really need to address is scoring TD's in the red zone.....other than that they were pretty flawless today (except for the two turnovers).

#19805 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Raise your hand if you picked the Ravens to win this game.
Then do us all a favor and never prognosticate again.

I took Titans and the points, Niners (-7), tomorrow I have Texans (+10), and GB (-4)

#19918 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

GB dismantling seattle. All I can hope for is a kc like revival

Seahawks might just come back and win this.....never give up on Wilson....

#19920 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Whoever wins has a buzzsaw waiting for them next week!

Lets hope....

#19926 4 years ago

Seahawks may come back and win this 31-28

#19930 4 years ago

If the Packers can't put together a drive Seattle will win this game...their defense is gassed

#19943 4 years ago

Wilson needs like 30 seconds to score a touchdown...if the Packers don't get a first down theres a good chance they lose

#19948 4 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

GB was better in every phase tonite. Deserved to win

Its not over by a long shot....Wilson will have over a minute to drive down the field...hes don't that a million times

#19950 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its not over by a long shot....Wilson will have over a minute to drive down the field...hes done that a million times

#19953 4 years ago

That was a generous spot....

#19955 4 years ago

Packers dodged a bullet there ...looking forward to duking it out with them next weekend

#19958 4 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Cant wait to watch the superbowl! Definately not watching the nfc championship next week. GB vs SF produces no winners

Ha...get used to the Niners owning the West the next few years...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

943 posts in this topic match your search for posts by PtownPin. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PtownPin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=PtownPin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.