pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (82 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (35 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13303 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm a Donkeys fan

I am a Broncos fan because I thought football was boring until I seen a game with Elway and the three amigos. I hated that Denver lost so many super bowls and 55/10 that time...ouch. I am glad Elway did finally get 2 rings, and I am glad Peyton got his 2nd ring. I also liked watching Jim Kelly and Dan Marino play, sucks they never could get a ring.

I can not stand the Falcons, I just never care for quarterbacks they choose anymore. I will be so glad when Matt Ryan retires or gets traded. Hell, the falcons drafted Brett Farve and let him go, how stupid.

I have always hated the raiders because it seems every punk wants to wear their gear.

Last season I really enjoyed watching Mahomes.

I like several teams and hate several teams for one reason or another.

I just wish the nfl would leave the rules alone. It will be flag football soon the way it is going. I get helmet to helmet is bad, but some of the other stuff? c'mon man!

#13305 4 years ago

Those were the good old days!
No tenants to deal with...luckily I do have great ones now.
My Dad was still in good health.
I worked 80 hours a week then, but it was easy, I loved it, and saved every penny I could.
A lot of things in life were better in 1992 than now. Hell nfl rules were better then.

1 week later
#13637 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Someone tell Miami you dont need to lose this badly... just lose.

Tell that to Atlanta also.

#13663 4 years ago

The way several teams played today makes me wonder if they are trying to lose for a better draft pick next spring.

1 week later
#13971 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

If the Birds pull this one off

The birds(falcons) never pull anything off. I can not stand Matt Ryan and all the hype about him and I hope the Eagles can knock him out.

#13978 4 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

At least half the fans in the league chuckle at your disdain for Ryan. You can't even begin to imagine what life is like on the other side.

Maybe no one else notices how bad Ryan overthrows the ball, or throws it behind, or whatever. Only reason Ryan does much at all is because the receivers dive or whatever else and work their ass off to try to get some of his piss poor throws.

I am not a Falcon fan, never have been. I like to watch a good game, and right now I wish I could see all the KC games, and Rams games. Lifelong Denver fan, they are not doing anything this year. The first SB for the falcons was against Denver and I was so happy Denver won.

#13979 4 years ago

Go Eagles!

#13985 4 years ago

Damn, I was hoping the falcons would go 0/16 this year.

1 week later
#14250 4 years ago

Go Colts!

#14277 4 years ago

Yes! The Colts Won!

#14578 4 years ago

For the Titans staff, Matt Ryan 75% of the time overthrows Julio Jones by 5 yards or so. So just treat any passing down as a punt and put someone deep to intercept (if that is legal?).

Julio is awesome and works his ass off to try to catch those wtf passes Ryan throws.

While ago Rogers was throwing some wtf, and I kept calling him Matt, and my gf was just rolling her eyes.

Anyway, I wish all of you the best, and I hope your home team/favorite team wins this weekend.

#14601 4 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Week 4 & already writing their home team off!

Denver has always been my favorite team. I know they are going nowhere this year and it is fine.

I have just always hated Matt Ryan, and most other quarterbacks the Falcons have had. The one good quarterback the Falcons ever drafted that I liked(Brett Farve), they didn't even keep him.

#14608 4 years ago

I like going to games,

On my last beer of the night maybe but that quote brought up memories. When I was in high school I never missed a game. A big reason was to see girls I had been wanting to run into from other schools that I had not seen in a while.

The other reason it was just so damn entertaining. We only had one player that was really good, and he played about every position. His name was Gif Smith. And the announcements were so entertaining I swear it was like "Gif Smith throws the ball, Gif Smith catches the ball, Gif Smith runs in for the touchdown, Gif Smith kicks the extra point, Gif Smith kicks the ball off, Gif Smith sacks the quarterback. Gif Smith intercepts and runs in for the score.

In my high school days I just knew Gif would be in the NFL. He did play in a small college, but was deemed in the end too small for the NFL.

As far as NFL, hell no, f the crowds, traffic, costs, etc. I watch on tv here and my beer is less than a dollar and I am not driving, or sitting in traffic, or waiting in a line for beer, food, or the restroom.

And yes I do know how it is so different to actually be there, and experience it, I am just too laid back to be around 50k people or whatever. (and too tight wallet).

Anyway, I hope all of your favorite teams win this weekend! I wish all of you the best!

9/29 I am personally pulling for the Titans, and the Broncos.

1 week later
#14813 4 years ago

I enjoy watching football period, but I will enjoy more if the Broncos and Texans win today, 10/6.

I wish all of you the best with your favorite teams!

#14822 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

How long hav u been in GA?

Born here over 50 years ago. I have never been a Falcon fan. Best super bowl ever was when Denver beat Atlanta.

#14846 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't no who or how they set it up, but used to be the top teams from the year before were given a little tougher schedule.

I think the schedule is a computer program they use, but not positive.

#14974 4 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Did the Browns hurt you? Do you need to talk to someone?

If you are not a personal injury lawyer, a therapist, psychiatrist, or a ad agency for one of those, I think you have found your calling with quotes like that.

#15025 4 years ago

I enjoy watching about any football team, but tomorrow, 10/13, I am really hoping Denver and Arizona can both get their 2nd wins of the season.

#15231 4 years ago

I hope the Broncos can get their 3rd win tonight, and I hope the Rams can get their 4th win Sunday.

#15292 4 years ago

The Rams played awesome today! I just wish the Broncos could start doing better.

1 week later
#15491 4 years ago

I have hope the Falcons never win another game this year. Maybe Blank will figure out he does not have a coaching problem but instead a QB problem and maybe draft a good one.

I am a Denver fan first. But because a lot of the time only game on tv local is this mess, I wish it was a tad more entertaining. Watching Matt Ryan constantly overthrow has gotten so old.

Anytime me and my girlfriend watch a college game anymore and a QB overthrows bad we laugh and say at the same time this guy is trying to act like Matt Ryan.

#15556 4 years ago

Yes! Denver won!

1 week later
#15666 4 years ago

The 72 Dolphins get to celebrate earlier this time around. Probably a good thing, they have to be getting up there in age now.

#15703 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm kinda hoping they will give Ryan Leaf another chance.

He should be easy to find, probably playing for the state somewhere. (state pen)

#15706 4 years ago

Leaf was actually announcing college ball the last I recall.

Maybe I was thinking about another QB. Who was it that ended up a bust and then was arrested for breaking into vacation homes looking for drugs?

#15708 4 years ago

The story I seen was about Ryan Leaf. Here is what I found:

In 2014, Leaf was sentenced to five years in prison for breaking into a home in Montana to steal prescription drugs, which violated his Texas probation. He was released from prison on December 3, 2014.[1]

#15712 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

My guess is Kaepernick will get a chance somewhere

Am I wrong or do I remember him wanting more money than SF was willing to give him so he chose to be released to sign with another team and no one wanted him at the time for the money he wanted?

If I remember correctly, he would have always had a job anyway at SF, had he not wanted more money than they wanted to pay.

#15865 4 years ago

I have a question. Where is Colson?

Someone in the area may need to do a welfare check. Hell, it has even been a while since he posted in the what game did you bring home today thread.

#15869 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

He has disappeared.

Yeah but he was also in a lot of other threads also.

Anyway, damn my Broncos blew a big lead today.

1 week later
#16294 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Lol do you know what it's like to be a Bengals fan for the last 45-50 years?

Yeah, I have been a Broncos fan for 35+ years. (I was a teen before I paid much attention and became a fan of any team).

Those damn niners used to kill my Broncos in the Superbowl. I will never forget that 55-10 whooping.

I am glad Elway finally ended up with 2 rings as a player, and another for having a awesome team with Peyton.

I really hope the Broncos can get it all together and contend again. Hell, they just lost the worst ever, like trying to compete with the Falcons for dumb shit of the year award or something.

And I am not a Falcon fan, I never have been. Half the time it is the only game on local TV, and 1/3 of the time I may actually watch it.

I do like watching a lot of teams, and I will say I will be so glad when Tom Brady and Matt Ryan retire, I am tired of watching those 2 players.

And even though in the same division as my Broncos, and always a threat for them, I do like to watch Mahomes throw.

Long ago I was so happy when Montana and then Young retired. I was never a niner fan.

But at the moment, the 49'ers are ok, I can watch them now. Not a fan, but not a hater right now.

This concludes my one too many beers rant for the night. Carry on.

1 week later
#17073 4 years ago

I'm just glad the Broncos had a great day.

#17250 4 years ago

What is Tobs?

#17636 4 years ago

I was about to ask about that. I was busy today and never had time to watch games. How did the falcons beat the 49ers?

Was the 49ers just playing their 4th string players or something?

I did look up the Bronco score and see they got creamed. Mahomes is very entertaining to watch, I just wish he would not do so well against my Broncos.

#17955 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Tom, I’ll send you my PayPal address by 7:30 Sunday.

Hell, I would send it now, he already owes you 25 bucks.

#17957 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Wish I was closer.

He is very likeable but I would never want to live up north.

I like the short drive to the Gulf of Mexico way too much.

#18027 4 years ago

All I know is long ago I cut my cable channels and other entertainment expenses way back to have more in the pinball budget, and it pisses me off how for some football games I will just miss them like I did today, or have to pay more, which I will not pay a dime.

I think the AAF or whatever that was may have done ok if it had of stayed on regular TV.

I mean..."C'mon man! Football has to bring in more advertising money than any money they will make making our cable bill go up a few bucks a month"!

Anyway my Broncos have been out of the picture for a long time now, so I am just wanting to see some good games, and I hope all your favorite teams win the rest of the season. I wish all of you the best, and I really enjoy reading all the bickering back and forth on here.

#18030 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Did you miss what channel monday night football has been on for the last few years? Or where thursday night has been moving around?

I have ESPN, and used to the Thursday night games did move around but this year all the Thursday night games were on local channels here. I did not miss any Monday or Thursday this year. (I would have, if I had to get the package that had the NFL network).

I do not pay for NFL network package or above for what few games I will miss.

I have the basic cable package, and it is 90% ok, and not worth the extra money I used to spend for 100%. The 2 grand I save a year goes to pinball.

The same with phone and eating out. I cut back enough to basically be able to get a NIB pin whenever and not lose out on much other stuff that was only for a moment thing anyway.

A hundred bucks here, and two hundred bucks there each month that I can save adds up a lot in a year. I was doing ok anyway, but now it is like free money for pins just missing a game or a movie every now and then.

1 week later
#18917 4 years ago

I am looking very forward to watching all the games, and pulling for teams that I hate the least the next few weekends, and then the SB.

I just hope the Broncos can get their shit together and have a awesome draft so they can contend next season.

#19064 4 years ago

I am so glad the Pats are out. I hate coach Billicheat, and I do not like Tom Brady. But I do like Robert Kraft, so when they have done well in the past I was like ok, at least the owner is having a good night.

As far as the Falcons, I liked them long ago when Rankin Smith owned the franchise, but after he sold I hate Arthur Blank, I hate Matt Ryan, but I do like their coach Dan Quinn.

My team has always been the Broncos though, and the only thing I hate about them is sometimes it seems they just try to be average on purpose.

Personally this year I hope for a GB vs KC superbowl, with a KC win, but I would be fine with a GB win also.

I was pulling for the Bills, but I do not hate the Texans, so it was ok and very entertaining.

A few years ago when it was Pats vs Falcons, I was pulling for the Pats, and funny as hell when they had the biggest come from behind win ever in a Superbowl. Matt Ryan can put up a lot of #'s when it does not matter, but when it matters he chokes.

Quoted from Colsond3:

Brady goes to Denver

And HELL NO I hope that does not happen.

#19068 4 years ago

OK, I'll bite. What makes you like Robert Kraft?

He donates to causes I agree with.

#19070 4 years ago

More of how he goes against the grain with others that live in that area. PM me if you want to know.

Anyway, I am pulling for the Vikings and the Eagles next. I do not like them, but I like the other teams less.

I despise the entire NFC South, so not just picking on Saints.

#19524 4 years ago

All I know is I still hope for a KC vs GB superbowl.

And the more I think about it maybe these State Farm ads are brainwashing me or something?

#19736 4 years ago

Is it just me, or damn wouldn't Trevor Lawrence look awesome in a Bronco uniform?

I hope John Elway is on this and will plan to tank the 2020 season for this to happen.

Then maybe the Broncos could have a long run and be hated like the Pats have been for a while.

#19738 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Planning to tank is tough to pull off as the dolphins showed.

I kind of seen that as the Dolphins tanking for Tua, then he got hurt, so they decided to just see how good they could be with the players they have.

The Dolphins have history with not taking a hurt player, like the Brees thing long ago.

On my last beer of the night, and just my thoughts at the moment.

And I hope the teams you like win this weekend.

(and I am sure the Pats will have cameras all over the place during all the games)

#19740 4 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

hating the Broncos in the 80s

The Broncos got their ass kicked back then. That one time they lost 55-10. (I still hate Joe Montana).

#19972 4 years ago

A while back I said I hoped for a GB vs KC Super Bowl.

Now I think it may be a niner vs Titan Super Bowl.

But at the moment I think the Titans may go all the way and win it.

Either way, I am pulling for the AFC in the Super Bowl.

2 weeks later
#20871 4 years ago

What is the O/U for the Puppy Bowl?

2 weeks later
#21381 4 years ago

Football is the only sport I watch. I wish a good game was on every night 52 weeks a year.

1 month later
#22158 4 years ago

Football is the only sport I watch. My girlfriend loves football. The first time there was a CFL game on here she acted like she was not into it. I googled the players for each team, and when she seen some names of players she loved watching college ball...she got into it. Just like the XFL was recently, some pretty decent players that could not make the NFL getting another chance.

Hands down NFL is the best.

BUT, for me football is the only sport I care for, so anything real...CFL, XFL, whatever, is great for my tastes.

That indoor arena crap...NO, that was not football.

#22162 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Maybe try hockey if you like hard hitting rough sports.

It is not even about hard hitting and rough for my tastes.

I just like to see a QB throw a ball a very long way, and it be spot on and caught by a WR, or TE, that then makes a few moves and takes it in for a touchdown.

I just like seeing those football plays, when the QB throws the ball to the spot he knows his receiver is supposed to be at the right moment, and not even close at time of release, and it works out for a awesome play.

I like to see a K make a 57 yarder.

Not into the hard hitting, but awesome when a defensive player can get a tip for a interception, especially one that is not used to getting that golden opportunity, and see the look in his eyes and what he can do. (most just lay down, but some are fun to watch).

No sport compares anywhere close to a really good football game.

I just hope everything will be settled down soon, and football at any level live will be back on tv soon.

#22174 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Having your home crowd being so loud that it causes the opposing team to burn a time out.

Maybe they could just pipe in the crowd noise. I think the Falcons got caught doing that a while back.

3 weeks later
#22705 3 years ago

I recently skipped 5 pages, so some of this may have already been covered:

I thought it is cool that Goodell is not taking his 40m salary this year, he was working for free during the draft. AND, he did not announce it, it was leaked.

On local news on TV while ago it was announced that the NFL plans to have their season this fall, with schedules being released soon. They did say they would take recommendations from health experts when the time comes.

I remember long ago the talk was the Dolphins were going to tank for Tua. They did not 100% tank, and was able to get him anyway.

My girlfriend loves Tua, and she said "oh, he will not be happy on that team". I said "he is from Hawaii, so I think he will be a lot more comfortable there than Green Bay or somewhere cold.

1 month later
#23562 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'll take it! I'll take 1/4 of that and live happily ever after.

1/10th of that I would be set.

1 week later
#23658 3 years ago

I love football, and no way would I ever stop watching.

However, I do tend to tune in a few minutes late to every game, because I do not care to see what they do, or don't do before the game starts.

#23755 3 years ago

The last several years I just turn the game on about 14:20 in the first quarter of any game, enjoy football from there, and do not even care to know what happened before that.

When I shop for work boots, easy to find USA. Been wearing Georgia Boot for a while.

When I shop for sneakers, a little harder, mostly China, no USA, I normally settle for Vietnam. (the last 2 boxes of Reebok I have purchased was labeled Vietnam).

I always try to vote with my wallet.

1 week later
#23861 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

like 5 or 6 years ago in the playoffs!

I started to say damn, holding on to something this long?

But, I will never forget when my team lost 55-10 in the super bowl. (Denver vs SF).

#23864 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They are hyping up tomorrow as "new Redskins name day" but I don't buy it...

I am part American Native(Cherokee) and I have no problem with the Redskins name or any team named after a Native American tribe, etc.

BUT, I am so tired of watching the news and this being such a big deal, I am like fine, so people can just stop being offended, just change the name to the Hope, Hopefull, or something like that.

Nothing wrong with the name they have, but because of what the fans have had fun with in the past, I would vote Hogs.

In my opinion the whole Redskin name and logo is a honor though, and should be left alone.

(but I am only 1/8 though, so my opinion is worthless).

#23994 3 years ago

abc World News just mentioned 72 NFL players have tested positive.

#23999 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I'm surprised it isn't higher.

It could be, they mentioned that not all players have been tested yet.

I think they said the players union was doing the tests.

They did say no names will be released, they are keeping everything private.

#24012 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

god knows I did a lot of dumb shit when I was young.

I still do dumb shit now, and I am not young.

AND, it is still fun as long as no one gets hurt.

#24028 3 years ago

I 100% hope that somehow the NFL season gets played, but I have my doubts.

Just surfing through cable channels I see all the time a old NFL game is on.

IF, when they have one with the Patriots, if they could just star it or something marking a loss, I may would watch that.

And as a lifelong Denver fan it does suck how well KC may do for a long time now, but unless playing Denver, I will pull for KC because it is fun to watch.

Mahomes is awesome, I hope Denver can find a QB as good or better than him.

One of the best days of my life was when Denver beat Atlanta in the superbowl.

I knew the Pats was going to beat the Falcons in the superbowl, my girlfriend was hopeful, while at the time I was just thinking why some other team could have just went in the first place.

I will always hate SF. Beat my Broncos 55-10 that time.

(I kind of think now one reason I hate the Falcons so much is because of all the local media hype, it was old a long time ago, and I never seen what they were hyping, and I said no way, and I was right).

For me Denver has always been MILE HIGH, we are king of this mountain, come up here to play us and bring your oxygen tanks, you will need them. (the 3 amigos were awesome back in the day, shame they never won the big one).

And yeah, I hate KC, I want to see Denver do awesome, but at least it is ok in a way.

2 weeks later
#24257 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

I started to hang out with girls and drink beer.

My girlfriend loves to drink beer while playing golden tee.

4 weeks later
#24411 3 years ago

I just hope all the players will behave and try to be careful so that we can have a full season.

#24464 3 years ago

9/7/20 right now.

I just looked at nfl.com, it says first game 9/10/20.

With Sunday 9/13/20 looking like it always did, and 2 Monday night games after that, like has been normal for a long time.

Damn I hope all this happens and we can have plenty of football in a few days!

#24670 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Why were ratings down significantly?

Fans were out protesting instead of watching the game?

All I know is I have never liked my local team, the Falcons.

I will not even turn that game on Sunday, and I hope I can watch another game in that time slot.

On local news the media has been all stupid about what the Falcon stadium is supposed to be about with no fans in the stand.

For a while now I used to watch Falcon games, because I like Julio Jones, and I am always interested to see if he can jump high enough to catch that 10 feet over his head pass Matt Ryan just threw.

For whatever reason so many people like Matt Ryan, please, look at film more carefully.

The TV announcers will even say that Matt put that ball in a place that only the receiver could catch it.

No shit. Matt always overthrows, so the Falcons have to draft receivers that can jump high enough to catch his passes to make his stats look good.

I do enjoy watching a lot of teams.

I do like Denver the best.

Until Denver gets their act together again I will be enjoying watching Mahomes.

I love a entertaining football game, and so far Patrick has never disappointed me.

And yes I look forward to watching Burrows and everyone else.

I do not hate any team. or anyone. (I have always disliked Matt Ryan though).

#24947 3 years ago

I watched the entire game hoping Denver could hold on for the win.

#25137 3 years ago

Cowboys!

#25139 3 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

Wow! What were the Falcons doing?

What they always do, they only play the first half of any game.

#25141 3 years ago

YES!

#25145 3 years ago

In other news my team is 0-2 now. My Broncos lost again today.

1 week later
#25330 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just so you know I only cut the line that one time,I was 13 and the ugly fucker freaked me out with those crazy lips lol

We caught a 3 foot alligator gar night fishing once. It got away right as I netted it and that was a good thing.

If I had of got it in the boat I would have probably shot holes in the boat trying to kill it. My hands were not going anywhere that things mouth.

#25334 3 years ago

Bears!

#25354 3 years ago
Quoted from remf:

Oh my god, at this point I’m just watching the falcons for the sheer comedy of it all.

Check out what I posted before, 24670, and 25139.

Matt Ryan is a joke.

#25387 3 years ago

We were pulling for Green Bay tonight, and we are pulling for Green Bay next week also.

#25444 3 years ago

I am just so glad Matt Ryan is playing Monday night, so everyone can just see how bad he is.

Just come back to this post, and give me a thumbs up every time he over throws a receiver, or just does something else stupid.

If Matt Ryan actually does anything decent at all, come back to this post and give me a thumbs down.

IF, Atlanta does beat Green Bay, I promise I will not post anything on Pinside for one hour.

I AM a fan of Denver, but I also like most any team on tv that is playing well and entertaining.

Damn I wish the Broncos had what KC has at the moment.

I always liked the Bills, I liked Jim Kelly, and my best friend lives there and goes to all the games, sucked that Jim Kelly could never get a ring.

I liked Marino, shame he never got a ring.

In my world Montana and Brady won too many rings and that ticked me of.

In my world I was fine with the Cowboys and Steelers also winning several rings.

MY favorite Super Bowl of all time was when the Broncos beat the Falcons!

My least favorite Super Bowl of all time was the only time I ever pulled for Brady, because even though I can not stand Brady, I can not stand Matt Ryan more. (that was the only time I ever was depressed watching a Super Bowl).

Anyway, at this point I hope Denver can get the #1 pick and get a certain QB.

AND, because I love to watch a great game, but if the Falcons are on that is my only choice to watch, I hope all of you that thinks Matt Ryan is so awesome will be smart enough not to bet any money on that game.

While I have never liked the Falcons, my girlfriend does.

Even she sees how stupid the media and everything is, and no one ever says a word about Matt Ryan always over throws.

I have never once pulled for the Falcons, and I never will.

#25450 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did you miss Broncos/Seahawks? That one was pretty fucking depressing if you’re a Denver fan.

Thanks for the reminder. Now I will have to go back in therapy.

#25451 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Matty Ice fan club

Natty fan club.

#25650 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How about Bill being too busy screaming at the officials to throw a sure-fire-win challenge flag?

That was funny!

#25668 3 years ago

I really enjoyed the games while ago.

I was pulling for the Chiefs, and that was too close the first half, but then it took off right before the 4th quarter.

And I was pulling for Green Bay, like I said I would be a week ago.

It was so funny, my girlfriend likes Aaron Rodgers and when I was cheering she also did, but she still likes the Falcons because of Julio Jones, so she kept asking where he was.

And it was so funny, she can not stand Matt Ryan even more than me, and I actually took up for him a little in that game and pointed out that he actually was not over throwing as bad as he normally does.

I can honestly admit that Matt Ryan did not look as bad as he normally does while ago.

I do hope Atlanta can win at least one game this season, and Denver never wins the first game and can get the #1 draft pick.

Mahomes and the Chiefs are pretty much featured right now and entertaining to watch.

I really hope within the next 2 years the Broncos will be the featured team with a awesome QB and just a 100% awesome team like the Chiefs are right now.

And no matter what happens, I will never lose any sleep over any of it, I love football, and some games I watch closer than others.

#25874 3 years ago

It will be so funny when the fired HC and GM from the Falcons go to another team and win a Super Bowl.

Matt Ryan is the problem, and he still has a job.

Living in this area I have to listen to all that if I want to watch local news, and it is so funny how some reporters are getting real now and saying things like "what was Matt Ryan thinking". Or "at this point the Falcons should just tank and draft Trevor Lawrence".

I AM PULLING FOR THE FALCONS TO WIN 2-3 GAMES THIS SEASON!

I am also pulling for Denver to tank all season and draft Trevor Lawrence!

I have never liked the Falcons my entire life, and icing on the cake to make me dis-like them more is the fact my girlfriend used to work for the owner, and she was done wrong.

Go Broncos! Please tank all season and get Trevor!

#25882 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Do we have a candidate to replace dirtbag in this thread?

No way would I even want to try to replace dirtbag.

#25938 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

what channel is the WNF game on?

It was on channel 44 here, the Atlanta Falcons played a high school team and the Falcons lost 44-3.

#26073 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Matt Ryan - 371 yards with 4 tds.

I hope they can win 2-3 more games so that they can not get Trevor.

I am hoping Denver can get Trevor.

#26114 3 years ago

All I know is that as crazy as 2020 has been I am just glad to be able to watch live NFL games on tv.

And I hope we can have a full season and a awesome Super Bowl!

(it will not hurt my feelings if there is no half time Super Bowl show ever again).

2 weeks later
#26542 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Terry was one of the best people I've ever had the pleasure to know. He loved animals, people, and the Bengals even though at times all stressed him out, he never turned his back on any.

What happened to him?

(my internet had been out for almost 2 weeks and I am trying to get caught up).

The last I read he was about to retire and buy a brand new game. I had invited him to try some of my games if he were to be in the area.

1 week later
#26587 3 years ago
IMG_0052 (resized).JPGIMG_0052 (resized).JPG
#26594 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Says the FALCONS fan!

Actually my best friend lives in Buffalo and he sent that to me and I posted it here.

And I can not stand the Falcons!

#26612 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Some more depressing Lock shit I just read

I really hope Lock can help Denver to get Trevor!

1 week later
#26850 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Generally speaking I only have room for 2 or 3 teams and players to despise.

I have always been that way also.

Now that I am getting older I do not use the word "hate" as much as I used to, and I am pretty chilled out.

I will always pull for the Broncos first, but I like watching most any game.

In reverse order, here are the teams I despise:
4. Seahawks (I always knew I hated them, I must have drank too much and forgot one reason is they beat Denver that time) (I always felt their coach did not get punished for what he did in college as a coach, while the team suffered he just walked away to the NFL)
3. Patriots (I can not stand their coach) (I wish they had only one super bowl win, beating the Falcons)
2. Raiders (I like Gruden aka Chucky, so a tad harder to hate them now)
1. Falcons (I can not stand the owner, and I can not stand Matt Ryan)

Anyway, I really enjoy watching Mahomes play, I just wish he was the Broncos QB.

#26854 3 years ago

The main reason I always hated the Raiders was the fact growing up it just seemed like anyone in my area that was a bad apple wore their gear all the time.

Around here Raider gear never seemed to be a fan of the team kind of thing, but more of a drug dealer kind of thing.

And I am not taking any sides here, I like everyone here, and I wish you and your favorite team the best!

(I do hope some teams will start throwing games to the Jets so that Trevor does not have to go there).

And not even I despise the Jets kind of thing, actually most of the time I forget that they are actually a NFL team.

#26887 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Not sure on who wins SB

I am not even sure we will even have a SB the way things are going, BUT I hope we do!

(if only the coaches would wear their masks correctly I am sure everything will be fine).

#26941 3 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Damn, Stillers/Ravens postponed again. Now saying Tuesday night.

NOOO! That conflicts with The Curse of Oak Island!

I vote moving it to Wednesday night.

1 week later
#27271 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Reheated pizza from two or three days ago.

I like pizza cold early in the day, then for dinner nuke it to make it soft, or some oven time if in a crunchy mood.

(last time I was injured and had to take 4 pills a day with food, I loaded up on pizza).

#27273 3 years ago
Quoted from Chisox:

Just wanted to chime in on how much I like to watch Aaron Donald play football.

Oh shit, sorry, I had a few Natties and thought I was in the cooking thread when I seen the pizza.

Anyway, what about the Broncos! They played the Chiefs pretty tough for a while!

I just hope the Broncos can get some real good draft picks in a few months.

2 weeks later
#27570 3 years ago

The worst ever was Dennis Miller.

#27756 3 years ago

How about decades!

1 week later
#28218 3 years ago

For the record:

Just because I live where I do does not make me a Falcon fan.

I am a Bronco fan.

Post anything bad about anything Atlanta Falcons, you will get a thumbs up from me.

AND, while ago I posted in the what machine did you bring home topic, and if you look close, I have a Bronco hat on.

BUT, I do love watching football in general, for whatever reasons there are teams, and/or players I like better than others.

I have for whatever reason just liked the AFC teams better, even though in the end they seemed to lose more SB's.

(except for the Pats, shit, forgot they were in AFC until right now).

Anyway, for this super bowl, AFC team, I hope for the Bills, they deserve a win after all the times they went and lost.

If Mahomes gets one more ring, that is ok also, he has been very entertaining to watch. (I prefer a Bills win though).

Anyway I just hope Denver can draft very well, make some deals, and in 10 years everyone just be so sick of them winning so much like the Pats did for years.

BUT, it is all just entertainment at the end of the day, and I wish all of you and your favorite teams the best!

I am just glad we had any football to watch this past season, and actually cool that stuff happened for more games to be on during the week.

(sorry, not cool, but at least we got to see more games throughout the week).

#28631 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bone-in or GTFO.

DAMN RIGHT!

Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah boneless are just Buffalo chicken nuggets.

I 100% agree!

Real wings have BONES!

Anything else is just nuggets and who knows what else may be mixed in for filler. (I don't 100% trust food companies anymore).

And back to the NFL, I hope the Broncos can have a awesome draft!

In the meantime I am looking forward to the next round of playoffs.

I enjoy watching a lot of the teams that are still in it, only a few teams left in it I do not like, and I hope the Bills can finally win a SB, and Jim Kelly be able to enjoy also.

I always enjoyed watching Jim Kelly play back in the day.

And later on I became best friends with Larry up in Buffalo, he has had season tickets forever, and he is pretty old now, so I hope the Bills can win it all, and my best friend to be able to have a awesome moment as he is getting very old now.

And Larry was never much into alcohol, I can just see him every week at the tailgate parties messing with people and talking them into doing stupid stuff after they had a few too many.

I wish I could talk Larry into joining us here, he is very entertaining.

And as far as wings, if there is not any bones, I have no clue what it may actually be, and I stay away from it myself.

#28663 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm saving my upset predictions for next weekend.

So you think the Super Bowl will be Bills vs Saints?

#28692 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm going 4/4 with the home teams/odds-makers. Boring!

My prediction is the NFC teams win 2 games this weekend, and the AFC teams win 2 games this weekend.

#28699 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Hey, what’s the story with your broncos and Vonn Miller? Criminal investigation but no word on what it’s about.

Domestic violence that even his girlfriend is claiming to be fake news is all I have read.

#29230 3 years ago

I am just so glad that all this conversation about games and teams exist.

Back around last June I really did not think a 2020 NFL season would even happen.

The play off games have had more fans in the stands.

Anyone know how many fans will be allowed in the Super Bowl?

(not a trivia question, just curious).

2 weeks later
#30456 3 years ago

I just seen on local news that Johnny Football is in Atlanta. (Manziel)

Something about a buddy of his is starting some new league where fans get to call all the plays from their smartphone or something.

Johnny said, no, I am not trying to get back into the NFL, just helping my friend start this, and I can not only play QB but I can also coach these guys.

Good luck with that Buddy!

Anyway, that is my football news report for now. Film at 11.

#30464 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Gronk seems like the dumbest guy in the NFL but I'm sure he's fun to hang out with.

I always thought it was cool that he has never spent a dime of his salary, he parties a lot, but only off endorsement deal money.

3 months later
#31403 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

No posts bout Julio Jones going to the Titans?

A local news station had a story about this a few days ago and I laughed my ass off.

The story said "Jones was just ready to play for another team, and ANOTHER QUARTERBACK".

I told my girlfriend, "yeah, I figured eventually he would get tired of jumping 10 feet in the air to try to catch all those balls Ryan overthrows".

I am NOT a Falcon fan, but sometimes it is the only game on, and I love to watch the NFL.

It is so funny, watch some old footage with what local announcers would be saying, they are so biased because they are local and doing the local thing.

They would say stuff like Ryan put the ball in a perfect place that only Jones could catch it.

While what actually happened, was Ryan overthrew again, and Jones wanted that catch so bad he jumped as high as he could to get it.

I have no clue if the Falcons have anyone else that can jump as high as Jones, but if they do not, then I see them going 1-15, 16, 17?

However many weeks the season is this year I see them winning one game, beating some team that is really trying to tank for draft position.

I do not follow, or even have a clue, I am playing with the one win deal.

However, I would bet that they have a .500 or worse season, and the Broncos have a better season record.

The Broncos have just always been my favorite team, while I like a lot of teams, and I also hate a lot of teams.

Anytime I see a Bronco game will be on tv here, I for sure am watching that game.

I confess, I am not a die hard fan of any team, I just like a lot of them, and hate a lot of them, but I prefer to watch Bronco games anytime I can.

Oh shit, I just realized I was not in "the confessional". Sorry for the long rant. (yeah, a few too many Natties).

#31419 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

closet Braves fan

Go Braves! ...and take the Hawks and Falcons with you.

(that is a old joke that used to be on local radio here a very long time ago).

I have never cared about baseball.

When I was very young a neighbor had free tickets and I went a good bit just to try to catch a foul ball, (seats were mostly on the 3rd base line).

I confess the only time I ever got into the Braves, or baseball at all, was back when Deion Sanders and Otis Nixon were on the team, and stealing bases all the time.

And I only started watching because I liked to watch Deion play football.

Oops, I did it again.

1 week later
#31460 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

He didn't beat his girlfriend, shoot someone in a drug deal, say something totally racist or all the awful things other football players have done.

I am not into new country, but this almost sounds like a song that my girlfriend would listen to.

1 month later
#31589 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Apparently the owners of the Bills want a new stadium

Yeah, I read a article that they are threatening to move to Austin Texas.

2 weeks later
#31678 2 years ago

I really wish the NFL could spread the games out more, so that we have games on every night of the week.

I am not into baseball or any other sport other than NFL and college football, and when channel surfing any night of the week there is a baseball game or basketball game or whatever on.

I like football the most when I am having beer, and while I have a few beers, I normally have my first one at 7pm, so I would love if every night of the week during NFL season I could watch a game at 7 or 8pm.

I do like college football on Saturdays, but I wish the NFL had games on the other 6 nights of the week.

And yeah, I get the penalties that could get someone hurt, but taunting?

They need to let that slide unless way too extreme.

I love football and I hope it never gets to the point that everyone that plays a game gets a participation trophy.

And hell no, I never want to see anyone get injured from a hit, but if they messed up on a play and was taunted and got their feelings hurt, well no penalty for that, PLAY BETTER!

#31712 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

the player's union will never allow it. They already hate the thurs nite games as it gives them less time to prepare for the game and less time to rest/recover from the damage of the previous game. The product on the field would suffer as well.

When I talk about I wish we had a NFL game on 5-6 nights a week, I am not talking about giving anyone less time to rest and prepare.

I think the NFL already uses computer software to make the schedule, and it even figures out when it will work if the NFL team shares a field with a baseball team, or any other team.

I think it could be done to have more nightly primetime games, while giving the players 8-9 days to rest and prepare.

So for example, your team plays on this Tuesday night, then their next game is the next Wednesday night or Thursday night, 8-9 days away.

I know the same players can not play all the time like in other sports, and I know right now players hate playing on Sunday, and then again on Thursday night.

I really think the NFL and the players union would really go for this.

More prime time NFL to make more TV money, while the players get more rest in between games also.

The only downside I see to this, is the fans that tailgate every Sunday, (or every other Sunday), schedule would be thrown off.

I would love it if there was 3 NFL games on TV on Sundays, (like now, 1pm, 4pm, and 8pm), and then one NFL game on pretty much every night the rest of the week.

I would love to see more Broncos games, and local TV does not show many, but if more games were on during primetime all week, we could all see more teams that we hardly ever get to watch.

Hell, I never get to see any Bears games, and many other teams I would like to watch, so as someone that really loves to watch NFL games, pretty much any team, it would be a win-win.

#31750 2 years ago

Any recommendations on seats? I don't really feel like spending much more than 4-500,

4-500 Pennies?

I love the NFL, but no way I would spend 4-500 Dollars for something I can watch for free on my own TV, and have all the beer I want, without having to pay 5 bucks or whatever per beer, and not having to worry about driving anywhere, after a few beers.

Yeah, I know, I am old and cheap.

#31767 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

the Josh Rosen curse ?

Local news just showed that. I told my girlfriend that I had read something on Pinside about it.

I can not stand the Falcons, I hope they end up 0-17 this year.

(but mostly, I can not stand Matt Ryan, so once they replace him the games will be a lot more fun to watch).

And just to remind, above all, I pull for the Denver Broncos first.

I enjoy watching most teams play, I do not hate too many, I just like a good NFL game, no matter what team is playing.

I live in the past a lot.

I have never cared about the Seahawks after their coach pulled what he did as a college coach, and he avoided punishment by just moving to the NFL (that and that one SB that involved Denver).

I always like Jimmy Johnson, so to this day even though he is long gone from the Cowboys, and the owner is blah, I still watch a Cowboys game, and remember back when Jimmy was the coach.

Jerry Jones is very smart though. Back when he was trying to get his stadium built I forgot which material it was that he needed, that the main company that made the stuff said get in line, it will be a long time before we get to you, well Jerry bought that company, got the material needed for his stadium, and then sold that company for a nice profit.

I have always hated the Eagles, and a few other teams.

One reason I hated the Eagles was Buddy Ryan and him just being a dick and never shaking anyone's hand. Another reason was that Cunningham QB, with the gold shoelaces, that TV showed and talked about more than the actual game.

Sorry for the long post, I will see myself back to the confessional now.

#31779 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Giants & redskins?!

In the past I liked the Giants ok. I have never liked the Redskins.

I really liked the Giants when they beat NE.

Quoted from rai:

How can you not have liked the Eagles beating NE in the SB?

That was the only time in my life that I did pull for the Eagles.

Quoted from DudeRegular:

If I was a broncos fan I would probably talk about every other team in the league too

You nailed it.

2 weeks later
#32125 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Giants made Bridgewater look like Unitas.

Broncos!

#32233 2 years ago
47736B81405149F98DAF39BD642D8F8D (resized).jpg47736B81405149F98DAF39BD642D8F8D (resized).jpg
#32515 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Broncos tied for first in the AFC West! They're playing the Jets next week, so they could keep this charade going for another week or two ...

Yeah, watching my Broncos out of the corner of my left eye and thinking what could happen if the season gets crazy.

I am just glad that football season is back, and the daylight hours are getting shorter, and the days and nights are getting cooler.

I just love this time of year!

#32643 2 years ago
77E160E8163D4159B17CE8CA2BC7C788 (resized).png77E160E8163D4159B17CE8CA2BC7C788 (resized).png
1 week later
#33059 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nice! Cars bumper music for Boston.

Since you’re gone…

Before that they played Come Back To Me - J Geils Band.

#33077 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

the rookie QB's final drive

I thought that my girlfriend could not stand the Patriots as much as I can not stand them, I thought we both can not stand their coach, but she was pulling for them, because she is a BIG Alabama fan and she just wants to see Mac Jones do good.

I also liked watching Mac Jones play for Alabama, and it sucks that teams I want to hate keep drafting players that I like.

At least I can keep hating the Falcons, I hate their owner, and their QB.

I was a Falcon fan back when Rankin Smith owned them, he and my uncle were good friends and he was down to earth.

GO Broncos! Yeah, 3-1 now, and I seen that 1 coming.

And like the dude here always says go Bills! I have always liked them also, my best friend lives there and has been to every game forever.

(and not the confessional, but I confess while ago I read more here, than I watched the game, because football is more fun when you can hate, but with so many NFL teams getting college players I like in drafts, it is getting hard to hate any teams anymore, and it sucks).

BEST game of the day was the Redskins beating the Falcons!

I love watching a good football game, but anymore just goofing off on here and reading all of your comments is way better!

#33106 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

15 more years of Mahomes and Herbert in the AFC West is pretty unsettling to a Broncos fan like me.

I just hope the Broncos can eventually get a QB even better than them. (and have a awesome defense all at the same time).

#33113 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Everything that could go wrong that day did and that's what I now expect as a Lions fan.

It could get worse, who knows someday Matt Ryan may end up there.

#33225 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

It would be cool if Seattle were superstitious -- and burn the highlighter suits for good.

It would be cool if ALL NFL teams stopped wearing this crap.

I already have eye problems, and something about those loud colors does not seem to help, like makes me blind faster.

#33380 2 years ago

I wish the Bills could get a Super Bowl win, I like them ok, and mostly because my best friend lives in Buffalo, and he has been a season ticket holder for like 30-40 years now. It sucked Jim Kelly never was able to get a ring.

This morning I was pulling for the Jets, (I always pull for any team that is playing the falcons).

(sucks that my Broncos lost today).

(but sucks more that the falcons won today).

I am totally neutral. (but I do hope the Bills can get a Super Bowl win in my lifetime, and in the lifetime of my friend.

#33415 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Gruden now free to golf with OJ, Cosby and the My Pillow guy

And o-din.

1 week later
#33622 2 years ago

2 point play was cool!

#33701 2 years ago

I did not know this until a minute ago:

Denver shares the NFL record for most Super Bowl losses (5 — tied with the New England Patriots).

Anyway, GO Broncos! (first time this year I will be able to see them play on TV).

#33735 2 years ago

The way the game started it looked like another 55-10 Denver loss like that one Super Bowl.

Thanks Browns! For letting my team kind of hang around a little.

I already knew the Broncos were not so great now, but this was the first time this year I got to see them on TV.

Maybe the Bills can finally go all the way this year, I liked watching them back when Jim Kelly was QB, and my best friend lives in Buffalo and has been a season ticket holder forever.

GO BILLS!

(and maybe Denver can draft well and have a awesome season next year!)

And I hope your favorite team wins this week. No matter what team you pull for.

#33853 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We’ll take Rodgers in a trade!!

Would you take Ryan?

(I would love to see you get Tua, and trade him to Atlanta for Ryan).

1 week later
#34232 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

OBJ better not come to 49ers

I really, really hope he goes to the Falcons, he would be a perfect fit there.

#34465 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Is it just me...or is Tua total crap??

My girlfriend is a very big Alabama fan, and while she loved Tua, we both thought that Hurts was always better.

#34483 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Miami’s D came to play or the Ravens were out late on South Beach

Kind of like the Varsity Blues movie? (I love that movie).

#34501 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

How did he do that?

He did pretty good at Alabama, I am not surprised.

#34503 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Why you guys not talking bad about Lamar?

Past their bedtime?

#34509 2 years ago

Back in the day I liked watching Dan Marino playing, and I thought it was cool that he was at the game tonight.

I figured this game would be a blowout, and the Dolphins would lose.

I have never cared anything about the Ravens, so while not a fan like you, I LOVED THIS GAME!

1 week later
#34886 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

that fapping sound to the east must be Johnny watching this Atlanta meltdown

If you are talking about me you know I hate Matt Ryan and Arthur Blank right?

I loved this game, I was laughing every time Matt Ryan had to peel himself off the carpet.

Very awesome: first time since 1988 that the Falcons were blown out at home.

(and I live west of the stadium).

My girlfriend also hates Matt Ryan, but for whatever reason she still pulls for the Falcons, so to be nice to her I said well at least they did not lose as bad this week.

(she also loved it every time Matt Ryan was sacked).

The highlight of the game for me, was when they showed the playoff picture, and all the way at the bottom right they had the Denver Broncos listed.

I said Hell Yeah!, the Broncos have a chance! (very slim chance, but at least they were mentioned).

I can not stand Bill Billichek, but I do like Mac Jones, so it was cool the stats they showed with him having more wins than the entire rest of that drafts QB's.

I just wish Mac Jones could have been drafted by pretty much any team other than the Patriots.

1 week later
#35346 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Hey guys the History channel is airing "The History Of Pinball tonight at 10p

Here it was about 20 minutes of play dough, 15 minutes of pinball, and 10 minutes of slinky at 10pm on the history channel.

Did you get a whole 1 hour show about pinball in your TV market?

Thanks for the heads up, it was still interesting!

#35452 2 years ago

I doubt they will go far, but local TV had the Broncos and Chargers game on Sunday, and it was awesome to see my team on TV again and they did ok.

Go Broncos!

(it has been a wild season, I am so glad I have not bet on any games this year, amazing how many upsets there has been).

I watch all the games and all the teams that I can, and this season has been awesome for surprising wins.

1 month later
#37186 2 years ago

My girlfriend really likes Bama, she was born there, and I used to cheer for the Dawgs, and I still do, except for when they play Bama.

I like both teams, I will pull for Bama with my girlfriend, but if the Dawgs win I will be happy with that also, although my girlfriend will not be happy.

As far as NFL, I am Broncos first.

With my Broncos out I am all in for the Bills to finally get their first Superbowl win.

My best friend lives in Buffalo, and he has had season tickets to every game for decades, and I really hope my friend has all of his dreams to come through this post season.

(and yeah, while ago I was pulling for the Chargers, I just never cared anything at all about the Raiders). (that was a very good game)!

#37280 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Bengals beat the Raiders
Cowboys beat the 49ers
Bills beat the Patriots
Buccaneers beat the Eagles
Chiefs beat the Steelers
Rams beat the Cardinals

My picks also.

#37478 2 years ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

I have Bengals, Bills, Buccaneers, 49ers, Chiefs, and Cardinals.

I have all of those teams marked as standing a chance, but for sure I know the Packers and Titans will not be eliminated this weekend.

(just kidding)

As far as the Super Bowl, I just hope a team wins it, that has never won it before, like maybe the Bills.

#37978 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

My 1st loss of the weekend

My only loss was the Cowboys game.

1 week later
#39049 2 years ago

My take on the last 4 teams playing Sunday:

With the Bills out I would love if the Bengals could go all the way.

The chiefs QB is entertaining to watch, but as a Bronco fan, hard to pull for them.

I would not mind seeing the Rams go all the way, I like Stafford, enjoyed watching him here local when he was in college.

The SF team, HELL NO! I will never forget those asshole's beating my team 55-10 in that SB.

Anyway whatever happens Sunday, I will be happy as long as the Rams can beat the shit out of SF, and I really hope the Bengals win their game also.

In the meantime I am happy with no Brady, no Billicheat, and no Raiders playing Sunday.

(I would have also mentioned happy that no Falcons either, but luckily I have never had to worry about them in a long time).

So far my 3 favorite SB's are:
1. when Denver beat Atlanta
2. when Giants beat NE
3. when PA beat NE.

Anyway, I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEKEND!

And I hope this Sunday your favorite team wins, except for SF fans, sorry, I hope they lose big time.

#39092 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

News is now coming out that reports of TB’s retirement are unsubstantiated. So is he gonna retire or not?

Local sports here just said Tom is not retiring.

#39560 2 years ago

I am just glad that SF lost while ago.

I care less who wins the SB, I just hope it is very fun to watch.

If the Bengals win, I will be glad that they finally got their first SB win.

If the Rams win, I will be glad that Stafford got a SB win. (I enjoyed watching him local back in his college days).

Maybe next year the Bills can go all the way and get their first SB win.

(And maybe soon my Broncos can win it again also).

All good!

#39600 2 years ago

But how do you feel about the falcons? Specifically Matt Ryan.

HELL NO!

I am in way too good of a mood to even try thinking about any of that.

I hope all of you are having AN AWESOME WEEK!

#39618 2 years ago

We all have that every now and then.

#39710 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

$5,100 ain't that bad

It is when you are probably buying more than one ticket.

That ad said 2 tickets, starting at $5075 each.

#39713 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I/you/we would be buying our own ticket yes? Unless you're one hell of a date

If I was going to the Super Bowl I would have to take my girlfriend and pay for her ticket also or lose her.

(and she is that good, that I want to keep her).

So Hell No! We are about to go to Busch Gardens in Tampa, and then saltwater fish a few days, for a whole lot less than even one of those tickets.

1 week later
#40065 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The people of LA are so nice and welcoming.

Years ago, when I was traveling all over the states going to amusement parks, I found that about 95% of everyone I talked with was cool, and 5% were dicks.

#40455 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Was pulling for the Bengals

I was pulling for the Bengals also, but as a lifetime fan of the Broncos, I was glad to see Von Miller get another ring, and as a Bulldog fan it was nice to see Stafford get a ring, after he had been stuck in Detroit for all of those years.

#40697 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

3/4 of those QB's were mediocre at best

I say more like 100% of them, with Matt Ryan being the worst.

1 week later
#40814 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Off season is as depressing as winter is for me, hate it!!!!

I love winter, NFL playoffs and the air is finally nice outdoors.

If I had to deal with the snow up north all the time, HELL NO!

I hate summer myself, no NFL until the very end of it, and way too hot and humid here.

In the summer if I am outdoors working a lot, sometimes I sweat so much that even after 100 ounces of Gatorade, and 100 ounces of water I still have cramps from dehydration.

I used to go to Cedar Point a lot, and that place in July gets pretty hot also, but the rides and areas near the lake always had a nice breeze, it was night and day how that place was too hot or not too bad in the same day.

2 weeks later
#41148 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Giselle got tired of him moping around the house drinking her kale smoothies. He’s not the only person that’s awkwardly unretired after a few months of reality.

Maybe he does not like the high gas prices either and figured he may as well make a few more bucks.

#41295 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's a number of teams with truly shitty QB situations right now.

Steelers
Colts
Seahwaks
Saints

You forgot the Falcons, Matt has always been a shitty QB and only has good season numbers if he has a receiver on the team that can jump high enough to catch all of his overthrows.

It is always funny when the TV announcer says Matt put that ball in the place that only his receiver could catch it. Well no shit, not many people can jump 15 feet in the air.

I hate the Falcons and I am glad that they hold the record for the biggest lead in Super Bowl history to end up losing the game, (to the Patriots, which are the second team I hate the most).

I love watching football games. Because of local TV sometimes all I can see is a Falcon game.

Last season I did not watch any Falcons games, because without Hoolio Jones jumping 15 feet in the air to be able to catch Ryan passes, I knew it would be boring to watch.

I did watch every minute of every Denver game that was on TV here, and I really thought they did not look too bad at all, and just a few positions needed to get to the playoffs again.

You know what though, while Denver is my team, I am not some greedy asshole. I am actually very easy going.

Last Superbowl I was neutral, I wanted the Bengals to get their first win, while also I wanted Stafford to get his first win.

Honestly, I am pulling for the Bengals or Bills to get their first win next Superbowl, and the Bengals or Bills again for which ever team did not get that one, and then the Broncos to win the 3rd time around, like 2025?

I just really hope the dynasty days are gone, and the Bears and Dolphins and all the teams can win one here and there.

I just hope the Patriots never win another one, and the Falcons never win their first one.

3 weeks later
#41862 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nowhere has the driving been more insane than Atlanta. People drive like absolute lunatics. I’m talking 75 in the slow lane. Dudes weaving around at 95.

When traffic moves here, it moves REAL GOOD! Locals have a slang name for I-285 that I can not post here.

Quoted from Erik:

And that's when you're not stopped in 8 lanes wide.

Luckily it has been years since I have to mess with that. I live west of the city, and except for when I go on vacation I am always traveling opposite from the traffic with the work I do.

Quoted from mcluvin:

My BP goes down ~10 points once I get south of the Macon Bypass. Smooth sailing, other than the plentiful speed traps, from there

Yeah, those cops in south Georgia are very sneaky. They hide in places that normally you do not have to worry about.

The thing that freaked me out about LA is the motorcycles speeding between cars.

Yeah, when I see that crap I get as wide as I can. Where is a cop on a motorcycle when you need one. Oh yeah, they are somewhere that traffic is moving handing out tickets.

I am glad I can turn on the local news now and not have to hear that name.

I hope all of you have a GREAT WEEK!

(And go Broncos!). (Well, too early for that).

#41885 2 years ago

The Man Show was awesome! But I have never been able to watch his live show, just not very funny to me.

1 month later
#42593 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

.you need to move it AFTER the SB like we used to...that's just simple. Many good players are in the SB and wont come to the PB.

I 100% agree with that. I would watch it then, as long as full contact just like a SB game.

1 week later
#42687 1 year ago

First off, GO BRONCOS!

On one hand I am thinking ok, big money coming in, will the new owner hire the best coaches and staff available? Draft well and trade well?

Or will they run it like the stores, and have $9.88 tickets available, and the crowds that show up will be the same as the funny pictures I see of some of their shoppers.

I guess all their souvenirs and merchandise will be made in China now.

I am at a crossroad in my life. Always been a Bronco fan, but never been a fan of those stores the new owner is a part of.

One good thing is at least more of their games will probably be aired here, I only got to see 6 of their games last season on TV.

As far as the Colts fans, better hope you guys can get some receivers that can jump 15 feet in the air, Matt is known for overthrowing most of the time.

My girlfriend loves the Falcons, and she also hated Matt. I hate the Falcons and Matt. We both agreed that he just always had the stupidest look on his face, while trying to act like some kind of diva.

The funniest stuff was when I would actually watch a Falcons game, and the TV announcers would say that Matt put the ball to where only his receiver could catch it. Yeah, Julio Jones was the only person that could jump that high, duh.

As far as the Browns, I am just so glad that I am no longer seeing those stupid TV commercials with Mayfield anymore.

It could be super funny though if the Browns new QB started showing up in commercials for massage parlors or condoms or something like that though.

Super Bowl commercials used to be super funny, I wish they could get back to those days. Cannot and will not happen though, too many people are offended by too many things anymore.

And I do not care what they call the Redskins, I will always know that team as the Redskins. I am part American Indian, native American, or whatever you want to call it, and I always like that part of history in current events. Seemed more of a tribute more than anything else.

And I am sick and tired of the heat and humidity now, and ready for Fall and some football!

1 week later
#42864 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s way too dumb to do commentary or become a Straham type tv personality, and he can’t sing.
So yeah it’s a good bet he’ll be back, even though that would be a terrible mistake.

I think Gronk is all set. Last I ever heard he has never spent a dime of his NFL salary, and has always lived off endorsement money.

I am NOT a fan, but I have read news stories about it, and I thought that was pretty smart of him.

4 weeks later
#43213 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

We call them flats down here in Texas

We call them flats down here in Georgia also. I have never once heard them called a paddle.

1 week later
#43419 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I think RW can shine again under new circumstances in Denver, where he wasn't going to in Seattle.

I hope so!

1 week later
#43697 1 year ago

Now that Matt Ryan is gone I may actually watch some Falcons games this year. I just never liked him.

I did kind of watch some of the Falcons vs Lions while ago, and it did not look like that QB they have now was just throwing jump balls all the time, his passes actually looked pretty decent.

I just hope the Broncos do well and are on my local tv a lot more this season. Last season I was only able to watch 5 of their games.

I have always pulled for the Broncos over everyone else. But I hate Wal-Mart, and now I feel like my team is owned by them, so I am chilling out a bit.

As soon as the first jokes come out comparing the Broncos to 25 checkouts at Wal-Mart, and only 2 open, I will never be upset, I will laugh.

Anyway, thanks Pat Bowlen for all the great memories.

7 months later
#56961 1 year ago

All I know is that it is a shame that no one ever listened to my Matt Ryan opinions.

5 months later
#59653 7 months ago

Not making this up, a few minutes ago our local news here flashed breaking news that the New York Jets are looking at Matt Ryan.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JohnnyPinball007.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=JohnnyPinball007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.