pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (88 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (41 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25769 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Are the Titans going to bring down the entire league? 24 tested positive so far and it's likely not the whole total.

As a Bills fan, I am worries the the Tennessee Bioweapons will derail our season... and why the league isn't punishing them for having a practice and spreading this further is beyond me...

Also seems suspect that the Patriots game is rescheduled so that Newton and Gilmore can play.

#25804 3 years ago

At least the NFL isnt letting fans merely assume the refs are blind anymore. https://t.co/XyUnP8w0Fr

20201011_143148 (resized).jpg20201011_143148 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#28851 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Does Buffalo really want to start the 0-5 club?

Sure! Gotta get there to have the chance to lose it. Come talk to me when another team can win four Conference Championships in a row. Even the Patriots couldn't cheat their way to that feat.

#28961 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I think there should be slightly different rules for the officiating teams in the playoffs.
That call should have been reviewed -- but it was a non-reviewable call.
How can you have bad calls in the playoffs, where it's one-and-done?
I don't care if you slow down my playoff game 5-10 minutes -- for some people they have been waiting 25 years for this moment...
-mof

It's cute that you think refs wouldn't screw up a replay... see the Bills/Colts game where the Colts clearly fumbled at the end.

#28962 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Right and browns fans will be whining about that for decades.

And they should. It was a terrible momentum killing bad call.

#28987 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Dude, your team won. Stop complaining about a call that didn’t change the outcome. It must suck though as a bills fan to come so close to getting a home game against the average browns and instead have to play at KC. There is no way the league is going to keep Mahomes out of the game next week.

What, so I should only point out terrible calls that were somehow confirmed by replay only if they cost a game...? Kind of like what happened to Cleveland?

I wanted the Browns, only for a home game. Otherwise, either team is good so.... I'm hoping we can pull it off though!

#29007 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No 1 game beat the Chiefs GB will be a cake walk!

Or... Bills vs Bucs, and the Bills exorcise their demons by beating Brady for the title, and ending his career. Itd be a movie script ending.

#29013 3 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Why does part of your celebration in that scenario come from Brady's retirement-in-defeat? If your Bills win, great, but why dance on Brady's grave, as it were? That's small, bro'.
Besides, Gronk has said he wants to play next season, and I bet he wouldn't say that if he didn't know Brady will be back, too.

Umm, because in a Hollywood ending, the movies arent over until the bad guy is gone forever.

I suppose Buffalo beating the Bucs this year and next year in the sequel would be fine too.

#29027 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I don't know how I missed this play:

He definitely embellished, but it was also definitely a late hit. You can't touch the QB that late, everyone knows the rule.

#29044 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Andy Reid also said basically the same thing after the game.

Andy Reid said it so that others would say it. Reporters have no inside information about injuries (and even less during COVID). There's no way it was a neck pinch - otherwise, why didn't they bring Mahomes back in the 4th? - but the league will want him to play. Probably not best for his own health, but what can you do.

#29046 3 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Ok Doctor Fezmid I will take your expert opinion on it. If Coach is anything, it is not dishonest.

Be honest - if you weren't a Chiefs fan, and you saw what everyone saw on Sunday, would you say pinched nerve or concussion?

EDIT: And if it was only a pinched nerve, why is he still in concussion protocol?
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30736432/patrick-mahomes-nfl-concussion-protocol-needs-happen-chiefs-star-play-bills

EDIT2: I guess that's not uncommon afterall, based on this: https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article248592450.html

#29067 3 years ago
Quoted from BigalzPinz:

Don’t care how many people can’t stand Tom Brady, he is a class act ,,,,if you saw the video of him seeking out Drew Brees after the game , giving him a hug, along with his wife, and throwing the football to Brees kid in the end zone , shows he’s a great person as well as one of the best QB’s that have ever played the game ,, this all coming from a Saints fan

Class acts aren't caught multiple times cheating to such a degree that they lose draft picks and have the league burn the evidence before an impartial investigation can be conducted.

#29169 3 years ago

I nominate Gale Gilbert. In the league for 11 years. Only player in NFL history to go to 5 straight Superbowls. Started only 4 games and had 1544 yards in his career. And has a son who is continuing his legacy as a backup in Dallas.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/G/GilbGa00.htm

#29174 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Geez, are we still on this backup qb nonsense? I said tooshay. Let’s move on.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were the moderator of the thread. If you could provide me a list of acceptable topics to post about, I'd really appreciate it!

#29188 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Six seasons bro.
That's ... 40% a Don Strock

11 seasons - PFR only lists seasons where the player was on the game day roster, but he was in the league from 1985-1995.

#29220 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Gotta use a constant measuring stick.
6 seasons.

Your stick is broken... lol

In the 80s and 90s, the 3rd string QB was on the sidelines and could play if needed. Nowadays, they dont allow that unless you use a spot on the game day roster.

#29221 3 years ago
Quoted from Topher5000:

The replay showed the Bills defender, while on Mahomes' right side, grab Mahomes' left shoulder pad with his left hand. As the Bills player went past Mahomes, his arm got pulled up around Mahomes' helmet. After driving him to the ground, he could have let the pad go, but I guess you gotta make sure to take him down.

Browns.... not Bills...

#29222 3 years ago

Deleted duplicate

#29232 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Well let’s see now,
Baltimore outgained buffalo 340 to 220 in total yards, had more first downs, and dominated time of possession. If that one pass to the end zone was caught rather than intercepted its a 10-10 tie. Buffalo could not run the ball if their life depended on it. That game plan is not going to work against Kansas City if Mahomes plays.
They beat Baltimore because the best kicker in the history of the sport missed two field goals, and Lamar threw a bad pass.
Buffalo did not look good. Mahomes and the Chiefs however looked very good until he got hurt.

Buffalo didn't look good? What are you talking about? You make it sound like an interception returned for an NFL record 101 years is all luck... Jackson was under constant pressure and was contained to prevent him from running the ball. That rattled him big time and caused the interception (and the incomplete pass to a wide open tight end on the previous play). Yards and first downs and time of possession mean nothing - unless you think the Steelers should've won against the Browns too?

The wind was nasty which made it hard to throw and kick. And it was LOUD - the fans helped win that game and both teams said so.

No idea what will happen this week, but to say Buffalo looked bad and that Baltimore should've won seems like an odd observation.

#29242 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Shocked you got so many upvotes. My take is the correct one and you are wrong. Buffalo did not look good overall.

Well ok then...

#29884 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

One thing that has helped Brady have so much success is he has not demanded max contracts...he has taken less than he could get to allow the Patriots to bring in talent every year. They continuously brought in free agents and made it work year after year to fill gaps where needed. If Brady demanded max contracts I don’t think he would have as many Super Bowl wins. Having a good QB is a must but you need talent around him.

Many people believe that the Patriots were skirting the system here as well by paying Brady through his TB12 company:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/report-patriots-pay-a-brady-owned-company-run-by-suspect-partner/

It was investigated and wasn't found to be violating the salary cap, but it's definitely a little sketchy and a conflict of interests.

The Patriots are just sketchy in general.
https://twitter.com/Fezmid/status/1329240291052822529

1 year later
#38969 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Very little chance the Bengals beat the Rams or Niners.....both those teams have great pass rushers, and JB will be on his back most of the game

Wasn't that the case against the Titans too though, and he won that one.

#39548 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

500 million for that....holy shit that was the worst I've seen. Meandering around in the back field, horrible runs, good God just fucking awful."

How was he escaping pressure and running for first downs or passing before getting hit last week...?

8 months later
#45582 1 year ago

Some people are really scum of the earth.
https://twitter.com/amandadavey23/status/1576672442646290432

3 months later
#50875 1 year ago

I can't sleep...

#BillsMafia

#50903 1 year ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I bet the reason they haven't announced a new date for that game is to see how the KC game shakes out this weekend. If the end result of everything is just the 2 and 3 seeds (and it's Bills and Bengals), they just call it a tie and they retain their seeds.
Obviously Skip Bayless will bitch about the seeding, betters will get pissy if key players sit, fantasy owners in championship games will probably say the season is void...etc., but it seems there is a potential "out" for the NFL if KC wins to retain the 1 spot and nothing else changes this weekend in the AFC standings.

Buffalo owns the tiebreaker against the Chiefs. If both teams win out the Bills are the #1 seed. Buffalo is in control of its own destiny.

#50909 1 year ago

It's not false. If Buffalo beats the Bengals and the Patriots, they would have the #1 seed, regardless of what the Chiefs do. The Chiefs are currently the #1 seed only because they played an extra game - so are half a game up in the standings. If Buffalo had won against Cincy, the Bills would be back in first place due to head-to-head victory.

#50913 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The NFL controls what happens, if game is not played, which is likeliest scenario. KC wins Saturday they are 1 seed, so Buffalo does not control their own destiny.

I was responding to the person who said:

"Obviously Skip Bayless will bitch about the seeding, betters will get pissy if key players sit, fantasy owners in championship games will probably say the season is void...etc., but it seems there is a potential "out" for the NFL if KC wins to retain the 1 spot and nothing else changes this weekend in the AFC standings."

Which is false -- if KC wins, there's no "out" for the NFL.

#50990 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yeah, me wanting them to play would 100 percent be contingent on pushing playoffs back a week skipping the bye after conference championships.
If they don’t do that I’d much rather just take the 3 and get healthy, mentally and physically. I don’t want to see Burrow or Allen playing rattled. One of these men is beating Mahomes this year (again, lol).

I don't want them to push the playoffs - that gives every other team except for Buffalo and Cincinnati a bye week in the playoffs - a huge advantage.

4 months later
#57709 11 months ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

ESPN is doing MNF, Amazon again has TNF.

MNF is also on ABC again this year, right?

2 weeks later
#57818 10 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh but wait...just got a message from Cumcast that they're *gasp* no longer giving away Peakcock for free. But they will be giving a deal to us if we'd like to pay for it.
Oh and I'm pretty sure you can get a better deal just online

I got an email that I'll get it free because I'm a long time customer.

Screenshot_20230612_094747_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpgScreenshot_20230612_094747_Yahoo Mail (resized).jpg
5 months later
#65303 4 months ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Reid and Mahomes both trying to lay their loss on the refs is hysterical.

"We never get called for breaking the rules, we only get a warning. This is embarrassing for the NFL!"

Yeah, it's embarrassing for the NFL that you just admitted the refs only give you warnings instead of penalties for breaking the rules like other teams get.

#65305 4 months ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whoa I didn't see Frank Wycheck died
Today. Poor some out.

Honestly when I saw Kelce with the lateral, I had flashbacks to the Titans game and thought Frank had a hand in it - except today was clearly a lateral and his was a forward pass.

#65354 4 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Whining about the refs is always a bitch move. Doesn’t matter if it’s a player or a fan.
Chiefs lost cause bills played better and made fewer mistakes.

I disagree - but only when they make a critical error, not one that you need super slow motion to figure out. For example, the Packers had a right to complain about the late hit call last week when Mahomes was hit cleanly in bounds (but they pulled it out anyway).

4 weeks later
#67989 3 months ago
Quoted from pyrotech:

Peacock is $6 a month or year $60, peacock plus $12 a month and $120 year. Crazy. I wonder more playoffs on streaming services is that the future? How come Amazon prime did not get one?

Because they didn't spend $110M for that privilege.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/08/sports/chiefs-player-stunned-by-110m-peacock-exclusive-nfl-playoff-game/

#67992 3 months ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

When we buy tens of thousands of $$$$ worth of pins, but refuse to spend the cost of flipper rubbers to watch a game...

Fyi - if you have Xfinity internet, you might get Peacock for free. I think you have to be a platinum member (which is code for been with them for like 10 or 15 years). I know I have it because of that.

1 month later
#73104 73 days ago
Quoted from blueberryjohnson:

Even with the new rules (that I just need l learned about today)?

Yes - game ends after OT period, unless it's still tied in OT.

Edit: I guess I was wrong.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Fezmid.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=Fezmid and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.