pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (82 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (35 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1,149 posts in this topic match your search for posts by DudeRegular. You are on page 1 of 5.
#19880 4 years ago

What a ridiculous series of events

1 week later
#20497 4 years ago

Anybody going to the game or need to dump some tickets??

#20503 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Get ins are currently a little north of $5K for this game. I would expect they'll drop but if you really want to go $2k is probably going to be the minimum.

I don't have a max price yet, but ya bud those 5k tix are out of my willingness range for sure. I will keep watching. I hear sometimes next week there will be better options.

#20508 4 years ago

Good info folks. Thanks for the links Levi. I am planning on watching things.

1 week later
#20911 4 years ago

GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

#21084 4 years ago

Woweeeee! What a game. I was a bit worried in the 4th at that last interception, not gonna lie. Then Patrick pulled out that magic. Such a crazy feeling having your team with after a lifetime (for me) of never seeing them in this game.

5 months later
#24243 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It’s like he’s living out the script of late-season Ballers.

That show was pretty entertaining. I thought the details made it so good. Then the last couple of seasons just hand waved everything and bam, he owns a multi-billion dollar team when the year prior he was losing his tail on much lower end deals.

#24298 3 years ago
Quoted from newbieinKC:

The NFL makes enough money from TV to punt fans for a year and carry on. The problem might be going forward that the season ticket holders realize how cheap and easy and how good the TV experience can be and stay home next year. $40 to park plus $100 tickets plus $14 beer makes a dent in most family budgets, while TV gives us high definition shots from multiple angles essentially for free (I get CBS and FOX OTA).

I haven't been in market for Chiefs games in so long. I forgot what its like. I can get a bunch of Panthers and unnamed Washington team games though!

#24300 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Look at these chiefs fans all giddy
So what’s up when do you get to change your name? The pressure may be off now but it’ll be back! Might as well be prepared.

So you are saying I should NOT get a huge Chiefs tattoo??!?

1 week later
#24347 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They comin for your dumb traditions chiefs fans!
This is how it starts by the way. And before you know it you are the Kansas City Football Team.
https://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl/kansas-city-chiefs/article245119310.html

I guess we'll just have to stick with these latest additions to the KC traditions... Winning, Success!

Mostly kidding there. Overall this is a sign of the times. Things change. This is one of them. My favorite parts of being at a game are the crowd and the tailgating. The crowd will get with something new and it will be ok.

2 weeks later
#24527 3 years ago

Game Day!!! Might be a little weird with the amount of fans in the stadium, but we have football! Go Chiefs!

#24644 3 years ago

Anybody want to talk about football?

Chiefs looked pretty good last night. Clyde looks to be the exact type of runner to give the team a fantastic ground option when defenses try to slow down Patrick.

On the other side, JJ Watt looks to be back in form. He was very disruptive all night and frequently won his match-up against the KC line.

#24660 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Meanwhile, I'm curious as to how the Cowboys will play things out. I'm concerned that the moniker of "America's Team" is at risk.

Would that mean we wouldn't have to have so much air time dedicated to a 8-8 team??

I kid (mostly)

#24754 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

snip

I am STARTING to think Brown is changing a little bit

snip

Bro.... That's how they get ya

#24953 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Who does everyone like in tonight’s Ohio toilet bowl?

Bengals

Joe gets his breakout game is my prediction

2 weeks later
#25582 3 years ago

Dak garbage time giving false hope to Dallas peeps...

Huge stats for a team that doesn't win.

#25619 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If Dallas wants to save their season, they need to play Randy Dalton. Do it.

Can he play defense????

#25700 3 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It wasn't fantastic, but worth watching. The guy has grit. I've always thought he was a good QB that just didn't land in the right system.

He was pretty good in KC. His last year in particular was great. This was with him sitting in the final game when Mahomes started (rookie year).

2017 Chiefs

67.5 CMP%
4,042 yds
26 td
5 int
104.7 rating

#25800 3 years ago

Gotta give it to the Raiders. They fought back in the first half and then shut down KC in the second half.

#25811 3 years ago

Cowboys win with Dalton and gives dallas fans a dose of that false hope Cinci fans had to deal with for years....

#25847 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Word is they want to trade him. ASAP.
This is what happens when your owner is in charge of the draft board. Jay gruden didn’t want Haskins last season, and Rivera doesn’t want him this season.
Nice way to turn a first round pick into a 4th round pick in less than 2 years.

On the other hand getting anything back in return for your organization's mistake isn't a bad deal. Also it's much better to simply move on rather than have him hanging out on the depth chart.

#25957 3 years ago

Haven't seen the official news of signing yet but would not be surprised if KC signs him. We had Shady McCoy last year in what I would say is a similar situation.

#26076 3 years ago

Clyde played a great game tonight. Not used to seeing so much ground game, but it sure was working.

#26080 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Liked that pick near the end of the game by dirty Dan..that boy can play at times. Didn’t like all the penalties on the D 2day, but overall, a solid game overall..

Ya the cornerbacks were getting flags quite a bit. That comes and goes it seems though.

#26122 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Awesome!
I kind of miss the old age acts they did for the super bowl for like 10 years straight. I don’t mind mixing it up but the last 10 years of black-eyed-peas types has been fuckin brutal.

I was just thinking about how Tom Petty and The Who were pretty cool. Then I looked it up and those were ten and 12 years ago...
Gaga was pretty good honestly. Also who can forget Katy Perry and the Sharks!?

List:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Super_Bowl_halftime_shows

#26199 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Are they going to let him wear that magical helmet that caused such a furor in Oakland?

Helmet never mattered. He wanted out of that organization. He wanted to go play in New England with Tom but the Steelers wouldn't trade him there.

#26235 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I know for you country folk

Ahem
I believe you meant y'all

#26334 3 years ago

Cinci talk tends to dominate this thread. There is good reason to be optimistic. You guys have J Burrow. Enjoy watching him continue to get better. Another draft or two along with a few key signings and your team will be totally different from a winning perspective. The QB makes such a difference. Its ok fellas. Marvin is gone. Andy is gone. They can't hurt you anymore.

#26364 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Man I'm sick of all this Bengals talk. Let's discuss a GOOD team!
Washington offered Eric Reid a practice squad spot, like the one Dez gleefully accepted with Baltimore.
Normally I'd agree with Eric that it's insulting, but this is a different season. Teams need a week to get players up to "COVID speed" before giving them a roster spot. If Eric took them up on it I'm sure he'd be on the field on Sunday within a couple weeks.

How about some Le'Veon Bell revenge on the J-E-T-S and crazy eyes Gase this weekend. The line is still crazy at 19.5. Vegas is really trying to get some action on the jets.

#26412 3 years ago

Ok hear me out. Darnold looked pretty decent today. Playing from behind with not a lot of talent around him with Gase I'm charge is not recipe for success though. Dude can throw and run. Good player on a bad team. New coach and a good draft would help a ton.

#26439 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

He should be suspended indefinitely and have hearing next season to decide if he's going to be reinstated or serve further suspension.

Come on man. Yes that was bad. However, you have video of a short moment in time. You don't have anything else to go on. Indefinitely? That is ridiculous.

#26461 3 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Well shit.. Randy got the 'rona. Gotta roll with the 'nucc again vs the steelers..i don't like the cowboy's chances at home this week

Easy joke here, but I don't like the cowboys chances most anywhere the rest of the year.

#26462 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They just said fuller won’t be traded. Not sure on cooks. But yeah, trades rarely happen in the NFL. Not sure why. Maybe the differences in salary rules?

The NFL really values draft picks highly. More so than MLB and NBA. MLB has a crazy amount of rounds and lots of guys burn out before making it. NBA has two rounds, but the real talent is all at the very top. In the NFL you can snag a starter in any round. No minor leagues or d-league. Draft a player and play him. Plus the rosters are so much larger that you need fresh players constantly.

#26499 3 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

This Niners offense is so bad. Call me homer but I doubt they could break 40 against Tennessee

Lol. Come playoff time though it will be Henry, Henry, then more Henry. Keep your defense off the field .

#26506 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yep. We are very passionate about the team. You have to be in order to be able to have zero success in pretty much the entire existence of the franchise and still root for them.
I wouldn’t want to follow any other team.

Older article, but still relevant and entertaining.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/861392-cincinnati-bengals-edition-the-checklist-for-divorcing-your-team

1 week later
#26627 3 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’m not a degenerate gambler, so no.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hey crazylevi its a big matchup this week between the football team and the Bengals!
Friendly wager on the game for Pincinnati and NYCPC swag? I got tshirts and stickers left over I can put up.
Let me know!

What a dirty, dirty lie you told there! Don't take his bet Levi!

#26646 3 years ago

I love stuff like this. It's one of the few chances we have as fans to actually make a difference this year.
I like to imagine Zimmer in his office blowing a gasket, desperately trying to understand what a "reddit" is. [quoted image]

Give Jags fans something to take their mind off of you know what.... I love this.

#26685 3 years ago

Seattle - Arizona is a pretty good Thursday night game. I think Wilson gets back on track. The Over/Under is 57.5. I am hoping for an Over game.

Can we talk about football please?

#26688 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I like Arizona in this one.
Seattle been beefy lately, and homefield advantage ain't what it used to be!

Totally agree on the home field deal with some of the teams having zero fans. Kyler is playing really good football right now. Wilson was on MVP pace until a couple weeks ago. I don't think he stays down too much longer.

1 week later
#26928 3 years ago

Dallas fans: what are you thankful for this year?

#26990 3 years ago

Go Chiefs! Bucs really took control for a chunk of the second half. Glad to get the win there.

#26992 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Another mediocre game for the d line. F. Clark w a couple bone head plays on the qb..guess we gotta keep scoring lots to continue winning games. Spags has to improve that D, but like you said, take the W and on to the next game

Chris Jones is the top performer for sure. The rest of the guys are having a tough time.

1 week later
#27080 3 years ago

Browns are out right destroying the Titans in the first half. Wow

#27156 3 years ago

Thank you Washington! Door is open for a one seed for KC!

#27167 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

That loss didn’t change much. Pittsburgh lost to an NFC team and the Chiefs loss was to an AFC team. Pitt has the tiebreaker.

Um... Maybe we use different math, but having the guys above you in the standings lose is generally considered gaining ground.

#27212 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

As long as you don't mind a Cowboys fan that enjoys sharing memes. These days I fall into the "self-loathing" Cowboys fan model, however. My team is awful

A self aware cowboys fan is not all that common. I applaud you buddy!

#27219 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I hope that's not the Delaware they're splashing around in ...

It was the 80's bro. Nothing bad happened in the 80's.

#27286 3 years ago

Rough start for the Chiefs. Let's see if they can sort out some of the mistakes.

#27333 3 years ago

Thanks Buffalo!

#27425 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Mullens is Just a Guy.
Career backup.

Nope he is the future there. Will bring them back to the super bowl. Just like Dwayne.

#27445 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

In case anyone is wondering, Jags have tiebreaker due to easier SOS. They get Trevor Lawrence. If I was a Jets fan, I would be crying right now.
Edit: beat me to it.

Let's not get distracted from the fact that the LA Rams just lost to the Jets.

#27456 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

It doesn’t really matter. The division will come down to if the Rams can beat Seattle next week.

Does anything matter bro? Losing to the Jets matters in my book.

#27462 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Seattle is thanking the Jets tonight.

I am picking on him because he basically said it didn't matter when the Steelers lost a couple weeks back which obviously had a positive impact on the AFC playoff seeding. Seahawks are a lot of fun to watch this year. DK and Russ are a great combo. Not to discount Tyler, Carson and the rest at all.

#27468 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You said it didn’t matter and it wouldn’t matter. Well now that the Steelers have dropped another one I guess it matter? I mean, which of their two losses mattered?
I feel my IQ points dropping even getting involved with this one but clearly losing a game matters unless it’s week 17 and the game
Is truly meaningless.

I am going to let it go from here on out. Not sinking in lol.

#27614 3 years ago

#1 seed and a bye locked up! Atlanta gave the Chiefs all they could handle today. Feeling relieved to get that win for sure.

#27617 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Chiefs are playing with fire. How many straight 1 possession wins is this now? Reminds me of the steelers 4 or 5 weeks ago.

Your team lost to the J-E-T-S

tenor.giftenor.gif
#27621 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I’m aware of that horrible loss. Is your point that I cannot comment on other teams complacency?

I mean this in a very matter of fact way and not intending to personally insult.

You are not good at crap talk.

#27632 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

For sure. I don’t think dudeirregular was being too sensitive though.

Bro I am trying to keep it light with goofy gifs and such. Big game for your team right now.

#27641 3 years ago

Looks like we should have snow falling at Lambeau tonight! Majestic as fuck.

Snow on the empty bleachers... It is a cool place though. I'll give you that.

#27698 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Blame falls Solely on soul-destroying owner Daniel Snyder, who insisted on this pick because his kids went to the same high school as Haskins. Nobody else in the organization wanted him but he owns the team.
A #15 pick down the drain, no big deal.

I would pour one out for you homie, but you still are in playoff contention!

Also this is addition via subtraction for sure.

#27703 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:Why does success at the collegiate level not often translate to pro?

With QB's its almost always the speed and mental portions of the game that isn't up to snuff. Guys get drafted almost always are gifted athletes. The level of competition is much closer to parity as well. Not so many scrubs as Levi mentioned.

#27786 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Maybe I’m jumping the gun, but I’m curious on the coaching carousel. There’s always a few teams that shit the bed, and up n coming coaches potentially available. I really like what Eric Bienemy has done for KC (O coordinater) over the last years. He’s gotta be mentioned to go elsewhere, like when Patterson went to Philly. Urban Meyer, Salos from SF..who am I kidding, bring on the playoffs!!!

Bienemy interview with multiple teams over the past couple of years. Good chance he gets a gig this year.b

#28102 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My dad bought me this jersey back in high school.
And it almost still fits!!
[quoted image]

The tape on the old logos really finishes it all off nicely!

#28119 3 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Wow, this is some sloppy play.

NFC East Hot Mess. This is the way.

#28123 3 years ago

Alex got em!

#28151 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I’m really looking forward to this weekend’s playoffs..decided to bet a guy @ work, put a 20 on the Titans to beat his overrated L. Jackson led Ravens..

It did happen last year.

#28192 3 years ago

Maybe a little too much hockey talk in the ol nfl thread, eh?

#28311 3 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Such a defensive game.

For sure. Neither offense is really approaching decent levels tonight.

#28348 3 years ago

Fantastic drive and run for the score. This is great!

#28352 3 years ago

Game still within one score with THE team about to get the ball back.

#28358 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Well I’m overall impressed w this Heinicke kid. Why they didn’t play him over Haskins I dunno. The D is young, and will only improve. Maybe a few offensive weapons on the O..shit, they just might be the team to beat in the nfc east for years!

They just got him in December! Wasn't in football.

Great play to the edge of the endzone there.

#28382 3 years ago

Yesterday's games were all interesting. Here's to more good football today!

#28435 3 years ago

Bears are just not good today

#28466 3 years ago

Where all the Steelers fans????!!!?!

#28469 3 years ago

NO! Never let up!

#28476 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think I'm the only regular poster these days

Good on you for being here this long.
Don't leave!

#28479 3 years ago

Cleveland is retiring Ben tonight!

#28511 3 years ago

Great game. Back and forth scoring now

#28517 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

68 ATT, 501 YDS
wow! that's a record ATT in playoffs (I think)

When damn near the whole game is garbage time, Stats get wild!

#28518 3 years ago

Cleveland took down their rival by dropping 48 in their house.

Going to KC on Sunday. Looking forward to it!

#28541 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

The whole football weekend was a snoozefest. The officiating is still god awful, the refs have no idea what they're doing. Maybe next weekend will be better.

Do you like football? There were some very entertaining games this weekend.

#28548 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hey Vic....
First you said you would declare the Browns "good" if they won 11 games.
Well, they've won 12.
Then you said their poor regular season points differential proved they weren't "good."
They won their game by 11 points in the first round of the playoffs (closer to 20 if we aren't counting garbage time), which puts them at second highest points differential of the entire playoffs so far.
I know you aren't a spring chicken, so I guess I'm asking where we can send the Tylenol, as you must be incredibly sore from dragging the goal posts around for the past month.
I don't even LIKE the Browns, except for the fact that they've embarrassed you all season.

Probably busy making a huge list of reasons the packers are not good and will certainly not even have a sniff at a chance at beating the mighty rams of la.

#28552 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

So Vegas has early line of Chiefs -10!
With no coach and missing players I think Browns were only +5.5. Man, thats a big ads line.

At risk of bragging on my team too much....
Chiefs have already beat four of the remaining playoff teams--- all on the road.

#28558 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Your team is the carolina panthers. Hey, I think I’m going to pretend I went to Ohio State and am from Alabama so my team can be assured of winning the National championship tonight. It’s so much easier to just root for the best teams than the ones that represent where you’re from. Looking at you too wildbill from Fontana.

Dude.... I am from KC. You are aware that people are capable of moving, right?!?! Wow man.

#28559 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I hope that you just didn’t do a ‘ju ju smith shuster’ against the Chiefs! Any given Saturday/Sunday!

Definitely not. I was simply referring to the opening line that was mentioned. Vegas thinks the Chiefs are good is my point.

#28591 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I do, but seems like less and less each year. The recent rule changes, increased/unevenly called penalties, less defensive involvement and bigger player egos gets old. I started watching each game this week and only made it through the Bucs/Redskins game. Saints vs Bears was probably the worst 3 quarters of football I've seen in along time and I'm a Vikes fan.

The rams and ravens both put on pretty great defensive shows. The saints did as well though the bears helped them out a bunch. If you want defense there was some good stuff to watch. The Dc bucs game was fantastic as was the browns Steelers game. I highly enjoyed watching the Steelers fall apart. Maybe try to look at the game from a different angle.

#28620 3 years ago

I checked sporting news. Lynch as #1? I think the deal to bring in jimmyg should knock him back at least a few places. Veach is #2, but as far as I know most of those big pieces were brought in under John Dorsey.
I'd personally take Schneider over anyone, at least until those other guys provide a larger sample at the same rate of success.

Veach gets a ton of credit in KC for Mahomes. He was the guy that was all in on him. Talked to him and his agent a ton. There are a few good articles out there. Obviously he wasn't the guy with final trigger pull authority, but he likely convinced coach and Dorsey. He has also managed to re-sign all our stars to pretty nice team friendly deals recently. We had multiple covid opt outs that he managed to navigate. He rebuilt our defense rather quickly as well. Not too worried about him and how he ranks, but very happy with the job he is doing so far.

#28622 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Are you saying you are happy with the "product" they are "putting on the field."
A part of me dies inside, every time marketing people use that term like that.
The only product you F***ing put on the field is white paint for the yard markers.
Get off my lawn!
-mof

Are you talking to me or someone else?

#28831 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I’m
Back
For
More.
You’re a dickhead of EPIC proportion to
Even post such bullshit on here. You see all
The Fans on here.
Get the fuck Outta here.
Mods do what
Ya gotta do, but look deeper. Should
Be an instigator time
Out here.
Fuck
This guy.
GO
BILLS!!!!

Bro, your team won! Get some sleep and come back fresh for more games tomorrow!

#28847 3 years ago

Stoked for the game today!

#28862 3 years ago

Nice start for KC!

#28884 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Chiefs could go full on Last Boy-scout and not get flagged.

Screenshot_20210117-164724_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20210117-164724_Firefox.jpg
#29043 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha I heard Jay Glazier say that garbage and almost with a straight face.
Anyway, 7 days is the norm for to come back from a concussion so he should be on track either way

Andy Reid also said basically the same thing after the game.

#29045 3 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Andy Reid said it so that others would say it. Reporters have no inside information about injuries (and even less during COVID). There's no way it was a neck pinch - otherwise, why didn't they bring Mahomes back in the 4th? - but the league will want him to play. Probably not best for his own health, but what can you do.

Ok Doctor Fezmid I will take your expert opinion on it. If Coach is anything, it is not dishonest.

#29047 3 years ago

I guess what doesn't make sense to me is such strong feelings over it from folks. You do you man. I will wait and see what happens.

#29080 3 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Exactly! People that come off the bench and then play first-string for years are the opposite of what I'd call a career backup. Many famous QBs "came off the bench" but were not:
Don Strocks

#hennethingispossible

#29100 3 years ago

Wow somebody is talking about topics that ol vic doesn't like so they get downvoted.... Stay classy bro...

#29117 3 years ago

Lets talk about some Todd Collins:
https://americanfootballdatabase.fandom.com/wiki/Todd_Collins_(quarterback)

98-05 as our 3rd string and backup qb! He started some games for Washington too! CrazyLevi get in here and wax poetic about the magical games you guys had with him!

#29118 3 years ago

Also Chase Daniel has been getting paid a lot of money to hold a clipboard.

#29151 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I would down vote this post but I’ve lost the ability momentarily. When I get it back I will. It’s perfectly classy to downvote what you disagree with. And I disagree with all this lame backup qb talk. Nothing wrong with my opinion.

There are a lot of things you can do. Then there are the things you should do.

Some people are cool and others like them and enjoy their company and discussion. Then there are others. I won't downvote you though man.

Go Chiefs!

#29172 3 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

I mean tooshay.

Touche

#29176 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I’m glad Frank is our HC.

Rivers just retired! Big changes coming? Or backup QB starting (thus removing him from any consideration of mof 's contest)

#29271 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I honestly don't remember how much time DeBerg spent as a backup vs. a starter, but I do remember him filling in for an injured Marino and getting all bloodied and playing anyway.
Anyway, he's probably one of the most famous Hornets to ever come out of our community college.

Started a good number of games in Kansas City for sure.

#29390 3 years ago

24 hour countdown!

#29396 3 years ago

It will be cool to see Stafford in a different situation. Good for the Lions to start fresh too.

#29596 3 years ago

This is a great game. Very entertaining!

#29754 3 years ago

Bills should have gone for 6. Exciting game so far!

#29768 3 years ago

Huge play!

#29816 3 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

[quoted image]

Tom Brady has won as many NFC Championship games as Aaron Rodgers.

#29879 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I get it, just dont relate. Every time my team is better than someone, a key player goes down to a season ending injury.
The only thing that is going to stop the Chiefs is the salary cap. They due to lose anyone this season?

Pretty much all the big names on the Chiefs are signed beyond next season. There will certainly be some replacements needed, but not a big deal honestly. Sammy Watkins being the biggest name, but he is hurt quite often unfortunately. Great player when on the field though.

#29911 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ok Stafford has gotta be moved by then end if the day, but to whom? IND obvious choice but jeez their pick is way too low.. unless you're a dumb team.

The compensation is likely higher than a mid-late first round pick. Stafford is a quality QB with a contract that can be taken on by a few different teams. Indy adds players or picks would be my guess.

#29923 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Lock may not have had an offseason to develop, but he looked pretty damned spotty this year, with a combination of poor decision-making and inaccurate throws. I know the old school was give your rookie QB a couple of seasons and maybe they'll be the next Payton Manning, but it's just hard to see that outcome with Lock. If I'm George Patton (Denver's new GM) I wouldn't mind replacing a huge question mark with a proven performer like Stafford, even at the cost of a first-round pick.

No-brainer to get stafford over lock. Major improvement. Denver needs to do something. Chargers have a promising QB. KC is KC. They are falling further back right now, not moving up if they stay put with lock.

#29939 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

He’s a pretty good qb, but he’s whiny cuz he wasn’t part of the coaching decision, or who gets an interview? What ever happened to the just be the qb/leader and know your role/do your job? It’s getting bad like the nba

Quoted from TheLaw:

Team completely fucked him last year with, literally, the worst trade in NFL history. They did him dirty so he wants out. When "white 'Merica hero" JJ Watt is telling everyone it's a shitshow people should listen. Matt Stafford wants out of his shitty organization and everyone's cool with that.

The owner directly told Watson he would be involved with the hire. Owner then didn't involve Watson. Great read:
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/01/16/texans-chaos-deshaun-watson-unhappy-how-jack-easterby-kept-his-job

#29941 3 years ago

Houston is the biggest mess in football right now, rivaled only by the Jets.

The Jags going from the AFC championship game to the cellar so quickly puts them solidly in the discussion as well!

#29943 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yes, but having the #1 pic and a hot QB in your future takes the pressure off for a bit. Of course if they fuck up Lawrence's development or immediately get him injured with a garbage o-line they're right back in the mix!

Not trying to take the title from Houston. They are in the worst spot of all the teams. Just reminding that the Jags are also a mess

#29967 3 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

My thoughts exactly. The Texans have made so many dumb decisions over the years. They absolutely should not entertain his demand to be traded. Force him to play or sit If they get an offer for 3-4 first round picks maybe you go ahead and make the deal. They sure as hell got nothing for Hopkins and Clowny...don’t understand how you trade them and get NOTHING!
Texans are in a hole....I think they made a BAD coaching hire. They really should consider cleaning house on the roster and get max value for everything they can and load up on draft picks and clear cap space. They have to rebuild completely....no one currently there wants to play for this owner or coaching staff.

Texans have limited draft pics this year. Texans have a QB that has clearly decided he doesn't want to play for them. Wouldn't you want to get max value from that player? Look at it as a business decision. Makes the most sense to trade him and try to get young talent on your roster through the huge amount of draft picks you would get in return. This is a classic cut off your nose to spite your face situation.

#30050 3 years ago

Mega trade wow. This puts the price tag on a Watson trade into wazoo territory.

#30072 3 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This weekend was tough with no football. Unfortunately, just 1 more game and thats all for many months

Then we can get even more A-A-Ron Rodgers emotional drama and Carson Wentz angst talk!

#30391 3 years ago

Well that didn't go very well....

#30451 3 years ago

Marty ball was what I grew up on. Okoye, Word, Williams, Allen.... Along with great defense. RIP Coach

#30487 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Ok a few things.KC will have to address the Oline in the draft no money for free agents.The defense was subpar most of the year and the grabby undisciplined secondary was exploited for what it is.You got me on the white uniforms

Here is the thing man. We had two o-linement opt out for covid. One is a doctor and decided to treat people rather than play. Both injured tackles will be back. These aren't exactly slouches here. pro-bowl and all-pro guys. Then some guys who were hurt will be in the rotation. The Chiefs biggest free agents are our 3rd or 4th safety and 4th wideout really. Sure that performance was rough, but lets not be ridiculous and act like KC is now on the outs all of the sudden. But hey, you probably know way more about it than I do....

#30489 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

History hasn’t been kind to Super Bowl losers, but I think if any team could bounce back it would be KC.

Totally hear you, however this isn't a fluke into the big game type team either. 3 straight conference championships. Lots of wins every year. Not calling a super bowl win or anything right now, but KC will be in the mix next year. Name a better team in the AFC.

#30495 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just saying a lot can change in a season. We’ve seen it before.
I can see any number of teams in the afc stepping up and even coming out of nowhere. The chargers, the Bills, the dolphins, whomever ends up with Watson....
I’d like to think the patriots are done forever but who knows. Maybe all the patriots fans here can weigh in.
Anybody? Hello? Bueller?

And I am totally ok with folks hating on my team. I may jaw a bit back and forth, but its in good fun. When someone is way off base I will simply provide some facts.

Legit question---

How many of you would bet against the Chiefs in upcoming games or season type bets?

#30502 3 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

It's all good I don't hate on any team(well maybe the Pats)You've got a generational QB which is the most important piece.Just take a look at the reality of the business side.The Chiefs are 23 million over the cap and that doesn't include 26 free agents currently on the team.Your starting tackles are signed but have achilles(Fisher) and back(Swartz) injuries.Again not hating just wondering where the $ comes from

Go look again at who the Chiefs have coming up as free agents. Sure there may be someone who goes as a cap casualty, but the key pieces are all signed. KC has something like 117 bucks in cap space last year and then signed Chris Jones and Patrick Mahomes to long term deals. The reality on the cap is that the folks running the teams generally have a bit more insight than the media.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's not hate, it's watching the NFL for 30 years or so.
At the end of every season, the two Super Bowl teams are the favorites to return.
ALMOST every season this doesn't happen.
I don't bet on football so I can't really answer your question. Teams like the Colts and everybody else who was "close" aren't gonna just disappear, they are going to try to get better. At the same time, KC is gonna lose some of their key players cause they can't afford them all. It's lonely at the top bro, and everybody is working - HARD - to bring you down.

Right with ya buddy. Not asking you to lay down cash, but what AFC team would get a bet over KC right now? Buffalo? Chiefs beat them twice last year. Sure they can improve, not saying anything negative, but who would take the Buffalo over KC bet right now? Colts get a QB and they are interesting sure. They don't have one yet though. I am not saying KC is a lock by any means. The league has too much parity, any given Sunday is still a thing, and any team is an injury away from crashing.

#30536 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I think the Texans will be in full-on spring cleaning in the next couple of weeks.
O'brien destroyed that team.

Easterby seems to have a big hand in the mess too...

#30581 3 years ago

Regression for sure. Wins and losses are not completely attributed to a qb but.... Look at these stats, ignore the team and decide which qb you would rather have...
stats (resized).pngstats (resized).png

stats2 (resized).pngstats2 (resized).png
#30588 3 years ago

Wentz traded to Indy

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1362442800344752141?s=21
Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
·
1h
Philadelphia has agreed to trade Carson Wentz to the Indianapolis Colts in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick and a conditional 2022 second-round pick that could turn into a first, league sources tell @mortreport
and me.

1 week later
#30650 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Just seems early though, and he came in from a horrible injury. He very well may suck, but I am just not sure how people can judge quite yet. Who knows, hard to judge Alabama quarterbacks because it seems like anyone they throw in there lights it up being surrounded by the best talent in college. They seem to pan out as well as the OSU qbs do.
Looking forward to free agency for sure. Lots of good talent out there, especially on the offensive line.

Trading for a known value vs an unknown is what it comes down to. The Dolphins have a good bit more talent than many realized before last year. Why wait for a QB to materialize if they have a chance to get one and compete. They have a ton of draft picks to trade with too (mostly thanks to the Houston mess).

#30653 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I think you are going to see more and more teams giving up on high draft pick QBs quick, a la Dwayne Haskins or Josh Rosen. WIth the way it's set up now, you just don't have time or patience to give these guys more rope when they come out of the gate sucking. It's all about putting a team together on rookie deals and making a run. Hard to do that when you are still trying to figure out if your QB is "the guy" in year 3 or 4.

Yep. Agree. Wait four years to find out he is Mariota or Trubisky?

#30659 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Arizona is a bit closer than people are thinking, they will be a playoff team next year.

They are close for sure. Wilson leaving Seattle wold help them even more in their division. San Fran still has the QB issue. LA in theory is better with Stafford on paper at least.

#30662 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wilson isn't going anywhere!

Do you think he is going for money or control then? This type of stuff comes up when they want something.

#30667 3 years ago

With Wilson, Dak, Watson, I think we are seeing players take more control in general. They know they don't have to simply be quiet and do what the team wants of them. Big players are using the leverage they have.

With Wilson specifically, it looks like he isn't happy with how they have built the team and the way they gameplan. So this info starts leaking. If he gets more o-line help, running back help, or a gameplan that does more of what he wants... It is a win. If he gets traded to a team that will cater to him... It is a win.

What is the loss for him? Status Quo? Pretty safe gamble really. There simply are not that many of the superstar QB guys out there. They have power and leverage and now we see them using it.

Does anyone think Brady didn't have some real say in how things went in Tampa?

#30678 3 years ago

WFT just released Alex Smith. To the Bears if they don't get a trade done?

#30680 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

An NFL team would be insane to sign him for anything more than vet min., and even more insane to have him in their plans as anything more than a backup player/coach.
Great story, as you know I had a front row seat all season. But he does not belong on a football field, and he will never be mobile enough to be a dependable NFL QB again. "Injury prone" at this point of his career is a huge understatement.

Great story for sure. I really admire that guy. Chicago would not surprise me at all. Maybe Jax?

#30682 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I will always admire what he did. He truly did it for the love of the game / to prove something to himself and others. His money - tens of millions of dollars of it - was GUARANTEED through last season, the last thing he needed to do was torture himself back to playing shape and then go out there again this season against the likes of Aaron Donald. He could have just sat around and collected Dan Snyder's money for 2.5 years but he never gave up after a gruesome, life-threatening injury. I doubt we'll see anything like that again.

Yep and everything I have seen from players and coaches talk about the great teammate and mentor he was despite the benching for Kaepernick or the Mahomes 1st round trade up pick.

#30721 3 years ago

Chiefs dropped both Tackles today.

#30724 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Meh their O-line should be fine

They were both very good when healthy. Them being out hurt for sure though. They say the greatest ability is availability.

#30728 3 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Veach made his decision, hope that he has some guys in mind. You’d think-hope that some guys would be willing to take less, to come to a strong SB contender

Niang opted out and will be back along with the doctor. That doesn't answer all the holes but it's a start.

#30739 3 years ago

Apparently Cam and Darth Hoodie have a big time bromance happening.

#30829 3 years ago

According to Dan Patrick, Chicago offered three first-round picks, a third-round pick, and two unnamed starters for Wilson.

That is a huge offer.

#30831 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ANd yet they'd still be nuts to take it unless they had no other choice.
QBs like Wilson are once-in-a-franchise, and hes still got a got 5 years left, at least.

I would tend to agree until the point that the player simply doesn't want to play for your team any longer. Once that happens take the most value you can and move on. Perhaps some of the internal drama was overblown out there or they mended some fences.

#30929 3 years ago

The draft is supposed to be pretty deep for WR which could explain the free agent deals being worked.

#30941 3 years ago

My guess is that Juju wanted to stay in Pittsburgh all along. He went out and got offers and likely got a better offer than he would have from the steelers that way.

#30953 3 years ago

Lots of players still out there to be signed. Lots of problems for Houston and Watson...

#30975 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's generous. By all measurables he was a worse QB than Trubisky on a much better offensive team.

Agree. They lost two big defensive starters as well. Not looking great in Chicago right now.

#30977 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

2? Kyle Fuller was the only starter

I mixed it up from the stories about the trade offers with Seattle. Then the Hicks allowed to seek trade story, but he has not left at this time. You are correct, just Fuller.

#31031 3 years ago

Next talk will be expanding the league with more teams.

3 weeks later
#31123 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This 3 month period between the SUper Bowl and the draft is a noxious void of endless "mock drafts" masquerading as news, "mock FA boards" masquerading as news, and tons of other filler bullshit intended to keep people clicking. Outside of that one week where FA signings and cuts are actually happening, it's pretty painful.
I learned long ago to avoid most of this crap but it can't help but filter down sometimes. THe funny thing is almost none of this shit ever actually happens...I keep hearing Washington is going to trade their entire draft and more for Trey Lance and I know it's complete horseshit. Just like the rest of the "mock trades" these charlatans come up with!

Everybody collectively throws pasta at the walls in the hopes they look really smart someday.

#31127 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

They went ALL in on fixing that line after the Super Bowl kind of exposed them (im ignorant, were the Chiefs known for having bad o-line?). They really wanna make the most out of Mahomes' prime years, which is smart in my opinion. Guys like him dont come around often.
Wish my team would invest in more than a couple potatoes to block.</blockquote

They went ALL in on fixing that line after the Super Bowl kind of exposed them (im ignorant, were the Chiefs known for having bad o-line?). They really wanna make the most out of Mahomes' prime years, which is smart in my opinion. Guys like him dont come around often.
Wish my team would invest in more than a couple potatoes to block.

Injuries crushed the line and the final blow was losing Fisher in the championship game. This makes two big acquisitions along with two covid opt out players returning.

Quoted from Slugmeister:

Ravens trade Orlando Brown to the Chiefs.Looks like a one year rental as Brown will need a new contract and the Chiefs will have 150 million tied up in 6 players for 2022.Going for it this year it seems.

He will get a contract. Can't see all that draft capital being sent for a one year rental.

#31130 2 years ago

Chiefs were the big offer that caused san fran to drop the 20+ per year on trent williams. They are serious on addressing the line.

#31134 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Getting conflicting reports that have both the Pats moving up to Panthers position, and dropping down to trade for Jimmy G

Reports or wild speculation?

#31159 2 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

Agree, but I did read an interesting article that those programs invest far more in development of offensive weapons e.g. QB/WR than OLines. I don't think there is a wrong answer for the Bengals, but there are better answers than others.

The great thing for the Bengals and the way things are going is that you guys have great options and will be as closer to "sure fire" than other teams. With everyone above you in play for QB or trading out for someone to jump in for a QB you will get a pick of the cream of the crop. My guess for Cinci is Chase.

#31243 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Strange day in Denver. No ARodg (yet anyway, I guess we're still holding out hope for an early June trade?), and we didn't draft a QB. It'll look genius if they pull off the Rodgers trade or Lock miraculously transforms into an average QB, but it's hard not to feel like we're looking at another season of offensive flailing.
As for the Giants, I'm A-OK with trading down for that kind of long-term value. And I feel pretty good about us betting on the Bears to lose and pumping up the value of that first round pick. But Colsond3 must be loving all the bitching out of NYC this morning -- here's a little more for you:
https://nypost.com/2021/04/30/2021-nfl-draft-giants-day-salvaged-after-eagles-treachery/

No faith in Teddy B???

#31245 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

5th time’s the charm?

I think a Lock/Teddy qb competition sounds fantastic.

#31277 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

It’s nothing against the Bears, I just have zero confidence in any QB OSU puts out. They have the luxury of putting a top 5 line up every year and the QBs basically look like someone playing Michael Vick in Madden 04 until another good team ultimately puts them out of their misery.
It’s just more of a hatred for OSU football than anything.
Also time will tell. If Bengals stay healthy they are better than the Bears. Obviously, I’m slightly biased.

Is the OSU o-line full of underclass studs? They had one guard drafted in the third and that is all.

1 week later
#31329 2 years ago

Looking to potentially check out an away stadium this year. Anyone in KC or NO have a tailgate a buddy and I might be able to join?

We are planning on the KC GB game. Hopefully we can make it work.

#31331 2 years ago

Looking to potentially check out an away stadium this year. Anyone in KC or NO have a tailgate a buddy and I might be able to join?

Also KC is killer for tailgating.

unnamed (resized).jpgunnamed (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#31370 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The Titans were already the favorites to win that division.

Over the Colts? Lots of folks saying the Colts are contenders. Titans need defensive help.

#31377 2 years ago

Colts were good last year with Rivers. Wentz isn't a step down from him. Colts have more overall talent. Right up there with KC, Cleveland, Buffalo in the AFC talent wise.

#31381 2 years ago

Kinda surprised so many folks are down on the Colts. Friendly wagers Colts or Titans ending up ahead in the standings?

1 week later
#31440 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m not sure what Murphy is thinking, his comments lately sure aren’t going to help bring Rodgers back. Unless he knows that he’s definitely not coming back.

Posturing. Some of the info from Rodgers side sounds like things are softening a bit. Packers don't want to be the team that looks weak when it comes to players attempting to gain power.

2 weeks later
#31471 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It's ok guys Snyder is "stepping back" from ownership duties.
In completely unrelated news, he made his wife the CEO a couple days ago.

"It can't be nepotism since she isn't blood."
-Snyder (probably)

1 week later
#31480 2 years ago

It takes folks getting arrested to get the conversation going... Frank Clark is in a felony charge situation now over his two gun possession incidents as well.

1 week later
#31552 2 years ago

What is ESPN going to talk about all day now???

#31583 2 years ago

With 17 regular season games this year alot of folks betting are probably going to realize a little late it's not 16 anymore.

#31591 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Guess who paid for the Bengals stadium?

The Ghost of Carson Palmer's knees?

#31606 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Fear not Colts fans I propose SF send Garopalo to Colts just give us back a beefy lineman or a safety.

Trade for an oft-injured QB to jump in for your newly acquired oft-injured QB. I like it!

#31619 2 years ago

Foles' contract is something like 10 mil a year this year and next. That might be the limitation in trading him. A lot to pay for a backup. If they do make the deal, its probably more telling about how long wentz will be out.

#31622 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think I'm seeing 6.6 this season (?) And then 10isj next, so they could worry aboot it then.
Orrrrr....

Red Rocket is only a 1 year 10mill deal.

i heard something about it on the sports talking heads today. Could have been talking different things though.

#31631 2 years ago

Packers have a televised practice (dubbed "family night") on Saturday. Any other teams do anything similar?

Is that so Aaron's family can actually see him??

1 week later
#31673 2 years ago

Bunch of preseason games happened. I am disappointed at the lack of overreactions. Come on folks!

How about something like.... Mahomes won't get sacked once all year with the amazing new oline in KC!

#31724 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Scary to think about KC this year with the new o-line.

AbsoluteIncompatibleBluefish-max-1mb.gifAbsoluteIncompatibleBluefish-max-1mb.gif
#31753 2 years ago

So it sounds like I will be able to make the trip to the GB@KC game. Any recommendations on seats? I don't really feel like spending much more than 4-500, but I'm open to it if it's a vastly different experience. Are the top sections to be avoided?

Nothing wrong with sitting up high. Of course being closer is generally better, but being there is being there. We are still talking through plans on going to that game as well.

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

4-500 Pennies?
I love the NFL, but no way I would spend 4-500 Dollars for something I can watch for free on my own TV, and have all the beer I want, without having to pay 5 bucks or whatever per beer, and not having to worry about driving anywhere, after a few beers.
Yeah, I know, I am old and cheap.

Maybe not every week, but going to a game is a different experience. Arrowhead is a very good time in general. Tailgating is an entire other part of the day that doesn't come through on a TV. I know the Falcons have a great new stadium there downtown, but KC has this gigantic parking lot where thousands of people are tailgating. It is a really great time. Fans are pretty welcoming to folks supporting other teams too (except maybe bronco/raiders people ).

#31777 2 years ago

Local news just showed that. I told my girlfriend that I had read something on Pinside about it.
I can not stand the Falcons, I hope they end up 0-17 this year.
(but mostly, I can not stand Matt Ryan, so once they replace him the games will be a lot more fun to watch).
And just to remind, above all, I pull for the Denver Broncos first.
I enjoy watching most teams play, I do not hate too many, I just like a good NFL game, no matter what team is playing.
I live in the past a lot.
I have never cared about the Seahawks after their coach pulled what he did as a college coach, and he avoided punishment by just moving to the NFL (that and that one SB that involved Denver).
I always like Jimmy Johnson, so to this day even though he is long gone from the Cowboys, and the owner is blah, I still watch a Cowboys game, and remember back when Jimmy was the coach.
Jerry Jones is very smart though. Back when he was trying to get his stadium built I forgot which material it was that he needed, that the main company that made the stuff said get in line, it will be a long time before we get to you, well Jerry bought that company, got the material needed for his stadium, and then sold that company for a nice profit.
I have always hated the Eagles, and a few other teams.
One reason I hated the Eagles was Buddy Ryan and him just being a dick and never shaking anyone's hand. Another reason was that Cunningham QB, with the gold shoelaces, that TV showed and talked about more than the actual game.
Sorry for the long post, I will see myself back to the confessional now.

If I was a broncos fan I would probably talk about every other team in the league too

#31781 2 years ago

In the past I liked the Giants ok. I have never liked the Redskins.
I really liked the Giants when they beat NE.

That was the only time in my life that I did pull for the Eagles.

You nailed it.

They just announced Teddy is starting QB. My guess is yet another new starting QB next year too. Good defense with no QB doesn't go very far these days.

#31800 2 years ago

It is tough to bring along a young qb and be competitive as a team, especially when the team is still rebuilding. Yet they were pretty successful. The KC Miami game last year was really exciting all the way through. Miami will be very interesting to watch this year.

#31808 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

What? He had a 52.5 QBR, good for 26th. Behind the legends Trubisky and Dalton.
https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr

I think he meant QB Rating which is the 158 max stat vs the ESPN QBR max 100 stat.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/view/offense/table/passing/sort/QBRating/dir/desc

#31813 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

That seems like fair analysis. He even admitted that he didn't have a full grasp of the offense last season, so I wonder if some of the reason for his lower yards per attempt is related to the type of plays they were running for him?

Likely I would say.

Also I just gotta say its nice to see a little bit of action in this thread. Some good back and forth is welcome.

And don't worry about those Bengals fans. They gotta find stuff to talk about when they get tired of saying how bad their o-line is, or how the city drinks the most, or how burrow could have been good "only if", or burfict, or the steelers, or....or....

#31834 2 years ago

So all that Tua talk from the other day....

Now the Dolphins are rumored to be the only team actively working on trading for Watson from Houston. Rumored price was 3 1st rd picks and 2 2nd rounders. Previously quality starters could possibly replace some of the draft pick value.

The confidence in Tua is likely not high if they are possibly taking on Watson and the problems he has going on right now.

#31838 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Makes you wonder if that's legit then who is leaking that stuff. Doesn't seem to benefit either side. That's a monster price, even without the baggage. Plus he has the huge contract to make work.

There is a ton of smoke around it. Agents saying its in the works. Miami would not want that to get out unless it were likely or at least possible.

#31859 2 years ago

Rodgers is not on the market and Watson is. Not the best comparison right now.

#31863 2 years ago

The reports with the trade info are basically doubling down on the Miami interest. Lots of stuff in the NFL subreddit. Not saying it's a sure thing, but there are lots of talks happening between the teams and agents.

The other piece of info says the Texans (if no trade happens) will keep him on their active roster and sit him on the bench all year.

#31896 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Tua endorsement from Flores. Tua is the guy for the moment.
[quoted image]

Damage control mode engaged

1 week later
#31919 2 years ago

Season officially starts tonight! Where are all the over-confident (read super cocky) Cowboys fans?!?!?

#31923 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Austin Eckler hurt already,nothing new

Locking down fantasy bench spots like a champ!

#32129 2 years ago

Good games this weekend. I am glad football is back.

Browns played tough for sure. Lots of fourth down success at the start of the game. It was a good strategy, but some mistakes hurt them bad in the second half. Crazy good running game and the rookie WR looks to be pretty good too.

Chiefs defense needs our stars back in for sure.

#32155 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

[quoted image]

I saw a stat today.... The Giants have not been above 500 since the beginning of 2017. Yikes!

#32204 2 years ago

I would play Fields too. He is a very talented dude. Dalton hasn't even been decent in years.

#32240 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Eager to see how Heinicke does tonight.
I honestly believe he’ll Rain terror upon the hapless G-Men!!
If Washington can’t beat the Giants (again) it may be time to start thinking draft position.

I love the gigantic swings in week 2 outlooks!

#32523 2 years ago

Chiefs defense didn't play well against the run last night wow....

#32738 2 years ago

The Chiefs are finding ways to lose this year. Pretty sure I don't like that...

#32883 2 years ago

Big Red will be going for win number 100 against his old team. I am certainly hoping that the team is fired up to win it for him and don't blow another game...

#32885 2 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

It’s 5pm somewhere

They have Josh Gordon now, so at least all the dispensaries in KC will be “fired up”.

Nah man, I am sure he will be good "this time".

#33080 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Buffalo allowing 11 pts a game, that's light's out D.
I think historically top D's like Ravens, Bears, and Broncos -- peak D gets down to 10 or even 9 over a season, so 11 is *really* something.

Ya well we made Jalen Hurts look pretty good! How about that!

#33160 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

This was Belichick's way of letting every team know they had to have their best offer to him today or take their chances on making a waiver claim.
3-1 Carolina has 22nd waiver priority so they must've figured they didn't have a shot on 1) nobody else offering a trade and 2) 21 teams ahead of them on waivers passing

I thought vested veterans don't go on the waiver wire. Pretty sure they are immediately free agents if cut/waived.

#33173 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]
... and 13 on the IR

Ya but on the other hand.... its the Jags....

#33327 2 years ago

This Packers Bengals game is fantastic.

#33384 2 years ago

Bills kicked the Chiefs butt last night. Simple as that.

#33447 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Clearly, the NFL gave the Raiders/Gruden a chance to deal with this in a satisfactory way on Friday, and they didn't. He was coaching on the sidelines on Sunday after a non-apology and the ridiculous "rubber lips" excuse.
That's why it all leaked on Sunday and he's gone on Monday.
I know this is the seed that will birth a million "cancel culture" rants, but you have to look at it this way; as management/boss, there's no way Gruden can continue to coach. He showed a complete disregard for player health and safety, and insulted many members of his team and staff. In 2021 you can't have a head coach/GM who thinks concussion protocol and player safety is a joke, and doesn't think certain people deserve to be on NFL rosters. It just doesn't work that way. If any one of you ran a large business, and your highest-ranking employee/manager did the same thing, you'd have to make the same decision.

When does the other shoe drop on the crew from the WFT?!?! This is all coming out of the investigation into that organization. The cheerleader story alone is absolutely nuts. Snyder must have some serious dirt on the other owners or the league commish office.

#33449 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is quite obviously my question too...Bruce Allen is already gone, after 10 years of running the team into the ground. They've clearly decided to let Dan Snyder skate on everything, as they seem to be claiming there's no "smoking gun."
The whole episode is clear proof Snyder needs to be gone. He's on thin ice but they clearly do not want to put the hammer down on the owners, because, the owners own Goodell.
I'm also curious as to why the Chiefs get to skate on their name and all their Indian minstrel show stuff. They are doing the tomahawk chop and opening every game by banging a huge fake cerimonial Native American war drum; on national TV no less on Sunday night. Pretty shocked this stuff is still going on...even the Washington Redskins weren't doing stuff like that.

Ya how much more can they leak about the WFT leadership to force action like they did to LV with Gruden? Crazy.

As for KC- They are phasing things out. I don't think they are into the big gigantic shift all at once. Slow and steady it seems. The officially stopped the chop a while back, but the crowd hasn't stopped yet. They don't play the tune anymore which was the prompt to get it going.
The horse, Warpaint, is gone now.
Headdresses and native costumes are not allowed. That was implemented in the last year or two.
The drum they do a blessing with local tribes before each game.

#33501 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Money pick
Bucs assuming they stay healthy
Like to see
1 Bengals - my team
2 Cardinals - GET THAT RING AJ!
3 Browns - feel bad because they are from the bad part of Ohio (But only if OBJ gets traded)
I would have had Chargers on this list because I would love to see Donald get a ring, but I would hate to see Ramsey get one.

Rams?

#33560 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

That was an idiotic throw by mahomes. You have to know when to throw it out of bounds or just simply take the sack.

Turnovers are what the Chiefs do now.

#33631 2 years ago

STUFFED to win wow!!

Go bills???

#33684 2 years ago

Dolphins-Watson deal rumors are heating back up. Trade deadline 2 November.

#33687 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Is he even allowed to play currently?

Yep, Texans just aren't playing him (not sure that he would play for them anyways). He is not suspended, or on the exempt list.

#33738 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I agree with CrazyLevi. I think the rumors are being generated from Watson's agent and/or the Texans. I don't think Miami will move on from Tua. Tua is not the reason they are terrible this season. Could Tua be better? Yes. Is Tua a train wreck of a failure? Nope. He's gonna get better the more he plays. The team around him isn't great and the defense has taken a GIGANTIC step backwards. Not good if your head coach is supposed to be an expert on how to play defense.
Put Tua on the Ravens, Titans, Broncos, or Steelers and he would be doing fine and people would be happy with him. Miami needs a running game in a big way.
It also doesn't help that the Dolphins pissed off Chan Gailey last year and he quit. Gailey was a competent offensive coordinator. Now they have 2 or 3 different guys as offensive coordinators. It's confusing to me and probably not a great way to develop a young QB.

Man hate to say it, but the Dolphins are owned by one of those guys that "knows better" than all the actual experts in their field. He has a coach that didn't even want Tua, yet got handed Tua. If the owner wants Watson, good chance they get him. Nearly all the points you make about Tua could be better aren't really relevant to a mega rich guy getting what he wants.

#33751 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

If Derrick Henry gets rolling early KC is doomed.If the Titans get off to a good start it will be rough to come back from

Same could be said of KC. Each team has an offense that is perfect for nullifying the other's. Execution will determine.

#33776 2 years ago

Chiefs are getting whupped.... Again...
Anybody remember when the Chiefs were really good??? I member.... I member

#33780 2 years ago
5rnejr.jpg5rnejr.jpg
1 week later
#34043 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Did the Dolphins trade for the Houston pervert yet?

Such a weird situation. I guess if you are billionaire NFL owner you don't really care. It just seems weird to let your massive want of a guy like Watson to go public while also having a stipulation in place. Do you think because some of his current legal issues get solved then he magically is granted a squeaky clean image and your franchise is beloved or something?

#34055 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Von Miller traded to Rams for 2nd & 3rd rd pick

Rams gave up on drafting for the next few years. Not exactly a new strategy but wow. All in with Stafford this year for sure.

#34071 2 years ago

Lets go Chiefs! Need to get back to winning.

#34081 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Tied with the Giants in the fourth quarter … who’d have predicted that at the beginning of this season? Are you still holding out hope Chiefs will turn it around and snag a wildcard spot?

Right now the Chiefs are not playing great. The D-line is soft, despite having a ton of money and fresh high draft picks on it. Secondary is bad. O-line is not performing as well as it should after all the early hype and huge money they outlaid on it. Then add that to constant turnovers.... ugh.

'
The biggest positive from last night was short plays and running the ball. Do that more and force teams to come up and play tougher defense. You have to prove you can do it.

#34093 2 years ago

Horrible story in Vegas. Raiders immediately released the player and removed all traces of him from the stadium signage, locker room, etc.

#34097 2 years ago

More weird Miami-Watson info:
https://twitter.com/markbermanfox26/status/1455627635585953792?s=21

Basically the attorney for the 22 women and their suits against Watson is implying that the Dolphins and Watson's reps were trying to figure out some sort of magic number of settlements which could get a deal done. The victims and lawyer are having none of it.

So Miami goes out in public trying extra, super hard to get this guy and somehow get as much of it swept under the rug in the process. Really confusing approach. Now they don't get him and they have Tua still with rapidly deteriorating locker room confidence...

#34101 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Aaron Rodgers out vs Chiefs, tested positive for Covid. He must not be vaccinated?

Plenty of vaccinated people that tested positive after the fact unfortunately. This certainly changes things.

#34131 2 years ago
aaron-rodgers-face-1 (resized).jpgaaron-rodgers-face-1 (resized).jpg
#34191 2 years ago

Strong Andre Rison vibes...

Are you talking about Kansas City Chiefs legend Andre Rison???

#34192 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Im sure someone understands better than I, but why cut him instead of trading him for peanuts last week?
Or is it as simple as no one was willing to give up peanuts for him?

They supposedly reworked his deal so the browns wouldn't get stuck with as much salary payout this year. A trade would require the receiving team to pay out his deal at 8mil this year. Not many teams have that or want to give something up in addition to taking it on.

#34194 2 years ago

Nah, Green Bay legend Andre Rison. The one that threw his SB ring in the Fox River after being cut.

I think you are actually referring to Oakland Raider legend Andre Rison here. Now it all makes sense!

#34196 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He was a High School coach in my town guys, as he was shopping his son around to schools.
What a character. Having announcers mics 2 feet from him was a little intense.

Are you referring to Jacksonville Jaguars legend Andre Rison?

#34241 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Fries look excellent -- but it all seems unfinished somehow...
1. untoasted bread?
2. no mayo or aioli for the fries?
3. no mustard for the meat?
Did you piss them off or something?

Bro.. its a BBQ joint... What kind of nonsense are you expecting here???

There are plenty of non-football threads to bother Levi in. At least make fun of the WFT if you are gonna be in this one.

#34328 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Hot dog stand in Chicago
[quoted image]

Maybe the NFL will force Rodgers to sell his ownership stake in the Bears...

#34363 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm surprised to see a few power rankings with Titans at number two.
I realize they just beat the mighty LA Rams, but in all fairness -- Stafford just beat the Rams, so I'm not sure I'd put too much into that result.
Aren't the Ravens or Bills a hair more menacing right now -- esp without DH?
The points-against are not even in the same ball park:
118 <=== (15pt average, vs 24 and 23 from ravens and titans)
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/nfl-power-rankings-2021-nflwk-10/2/
https://www.milehighreport.com/2021/11/9/22771605/nfl-power-rankings-week-10

The Bills just put up 6 points against the Jaguars....

#34366 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

and they won't have to face them again!

So you doubt that Urban Meyer and the mighty Jaguars won't win out and crush all comers in the playoffs? Surely you jest!

#34385 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

So you doubt that Urban Meyer and the mighty Jaguars won't win out and crush all comers in the playoffs? Surely you jest!

Quoted from Erik:

One odd thing about Meyer is he interacts with his players less than any HC I can recall. I always see him alone at the LOS with hands on knees and a folder in one hand. Weird dude!

I thought for sure you would have taken the sure fire option here.... I set em up and you are supposed to knock em down my man!

Anyways back to the goober pimpin guy thinking be is funny or cool or something....

thumb_dont-call-me-shirley-memegenerator-net-dont-call-me-shirley-49517553.pngthumb_dont-call-me-shirley-memegenerator-net-dont-call-me-shirley-49517553.png
#34417 2 years ago

Good contribution. Really. Well done.

So in actual NFL related discussion, I don't think it's likely, but OBJ would be great for the Chiefs. Nobody has stepped up in the hole left by Sammy Watkins.

#34419 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

OBJ is finished.
We’ve seen this before with aging diva receivers like chad Johnson, TO, and more recently Dez Bryant. They piss everybody off, everybody gets sick of them, and you never hear from them again.
This guy hasn’t had a good season in about 5 years. Why would a team with any promise being him in? Because of his charming personality?
I could see a shitty team like the Jaguars bringing him in just for the freak show quality. Would probably sell some short-term tickets and jerseys. But I really think he’s finished as a star receiver.

Because a team will be able to sign him likely pretty low cost for the remainder of the year. He isn't even that old. Pretty sure he isn't 30 yet. Randy Moss was washed up too in many minds. Then he went off with the Pats.

#34680 2 years ago

Chiefs looked pretty good last night. Played with a lead. Defense was strong and got after the QB while stuffing the run. They are working through things that caused problems early in the season. Big game against Dallas coming up too! Should be exciting.

#34690 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Video blocked by nfl for me…
Saw this in real time yesterday, and was hoping to see the highlights here (ie shots of TBQB’s puss getting sourer and sourer). Kidding aside, it was an impressive drive that iced the game.

Many times (not always if there is a Canada rule in place) but click the "watch on youtube" link and it will work. They have to allow embedding.

'

'

#34731 2 years ago
Quoted from Lamberger:

nice break, nothing changed

I see a bum, someone needs to kiss it?

Take a hike man. This thread is for football discussion and football related crap talk. Levi posts all over the place. Go bother him about this somewhere else if you must. In here you can certainly bother him about his beloved WFT.

#34742 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Titans ranked #1 in power rankings by a few sites -- sounds like their strength of opposition has been exceptional.
Titans ???

Well they are pretty good so ...
Don't let your west coast bias get in the way

#34794 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Bell made it pretty clear early in his career he was more interested in smoking dope and cutting rap records than playing football.
Unfortunately for him the NFL frowned on his smoking and the music critics failed to embrace his rapping.

Dude, come on. He was killing it early in his career. Revisionist history? Monster stats. Huge impact player. First five years below. I would call that early in his career.

Yr games total scrimmage yds total tds
2013 Rookie year 13 1259 8
2014 16 2215 11
2015 6 692 3
2016 12 1884 9
2017 15 1946 11

#34795 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Bell must have had some awful advice from his agent. I don't see how it was a win for him.

He signed with the Jets and legendary Dolphins head coach Adam Gase for a load of cash. Certainly you remember Gase.

#34893 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

AB is simply a Lightning Rod for controversy. He's being investigated for a fraudulent vax card after his former personal chef turned him in over 10k that was owed to him.

Quoted from pinpin8990:

You were only seven hours too late on this.

Oh man! someone just ran afoul of Pinside's very own story breaking version of adam schefter himself! pinpin posted that man! You can't talk about it! Even if you add actual context rather than posting a random meme pic of AB... Not allowed! pinpin has spoken!

#34976 2 years ago

Let's go Chiefs! Held the Dallas offense to three field goals even with the turnovers. KC defense is playing significantly better than early in the year for sure.

1 week later
#35354 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Case Keenum (tie!!!)
6'1"
Baker Mayfield
6'1"
Case Keenum
28 wins
Baker Mayfield (winner, since played fewer games)
28 wins
Case Keenum
76-47 TD-INT
Baker Mayfield (winner)
85-47 TD-INT
Case Keenum (tie!!!)
62.3% comp pct
Baker Mayfield
62.2% comp pct
Case Keenum (winner)
1 championship game appearances
Baker Mayfield (winner)
0 championship game appearances

We all know what really matters in this discussion. Insurance commercials. Insurance commercials trump all. Game---over.

#35357 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am officially lost.

If you don't try, it will be better in the end on this one.

#35373 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

If the Lions just run the table at this point, no, wait…

They aren't mathematically eliminated yet! Still alive in week 13... Hey that's something lion bros.

#35404 2 years ago

The WFT can win the east by winning out. Control of their own destiny. Wow would the state of Texas recover???

#35423 2 years ago
Quoted from pinpin8990:

Get your popcorn ready!
[quoted image]

You already broke the story. Is this the part where you get mad at yourself for reposting your own scoop????

#35540 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Detroit will get their first win against MN today. Vikings are pretty much rolling out a second string defense because of injuries and I have zero confidence that Cousins can pick up the slack.

Cousins deserves a good amount of the criticism sent his way (lining up behind the guard hahahahaha), but....
His stats this year are pretty great. He is basically putting up the same stats as Rodgers and that dude gets nothing but love for his on the field work.

23 TD to 3 INT is pretty nice.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2021/passing.htm

#35615 2 years ago

Chiefs won ugly last night. Defense is winning games right now. The receivers somehow forgot how to catch...

#35621 2 years ago

Tonight's game should be good.

Whats up with you dudes downvoting each other for liking the other team?

#35625 2 years ago

Ya well... I upvoted the whole lot of ya. So there!

#35859 2 years ago

Maybe the Raiders shouldn't have brought the whole team to the arrowhead logo before the game....

48-9....

Also after the raiders beat the Chiefs in KC last year, gruden had the bus driver do a victory lap around the stadium. As the teams walked off the field today the PA played "the wheels on the bus go round and round".
Love rivalries!

#35882 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Atlanta is having a sneaky non-terrible season

Playing the panthers helps

#35895 2 years ago

My homer pick for offensive rookie of the year is:
https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/creed-humphrey/59996
C Creed Humphrey

Was the highest rated Center in football (all NFL not just rookies) per PFF as of last week.

#35899 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I admire your tenacity but they are never gonna give an OL rookie of the year. Has that ever happened in history?

Quoted from Erik:

I don't recall it happening. I thought Quenton Nelson would have a puncher's chance since he was 1st team all-pro, but I don't think he was even a finalist.

Not much of a chance at all. Also I don't think mentioning it on a pinball forum is going to increase the chances much either

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 18.95
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,149 posts in this topic match your search for posts by DudeRegular. You are on page 1 of 5.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DudeRegular.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=DudeRegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.