200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240418-055421.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #53769 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by Erik (1 year ago)

Post #71251 draft values Posted by Deaconblooze (86 days ago)

Post #74765 Fandom Posted by DanMarino (39 days ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8797 7 years ago

Hey Bitches! Did you hear we just had another parade??? Hahahahahahaha. Time for Tom to start getting the ring sizes on his other hand! See you next year (in our shadow!)

#8840 7 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

(and all the singing is lip synched, right?)

No, she actually sang during it (except for the first part on top of the stadium which was filmed earlier, which is also why the timing of the "jump" looked so goofy and stopped on the shot on top for too long).

#8846 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Can you really call this Patriots team a dynasty? They are a totally different team from the one that one 3 out of four SBs. Only Brady and Belicheck are left from those years. I'm not trying to take anything away from the Pats just curious what the definition of a dynasty is. It's probably a little for each sport.

Can you really call the Ming Dynasty a dynasty? After all, it was 276 years, and I doubt a single person who was in it at the beginning lasted until the end!

Yes, you can call the Patriots a dynasty. And if they maintain the level of greatness they have shown even after Bill and Tom have moved on, you will still be able to call them a dynasty. And next year, you will most likely get the chance to again call them a dynasty... because they are a football dynasty in every sense of the word. In a world of football parity, the Patriots stand above.

#8853 7 years ago

And I'm already looking forward to next year! Although I have to admit, it seems the NFL is still made up of the "haves" and the "have nots". No matter how much they try and equalize it, the cream of the crop still rises. For instance, next year my Patriots will be battling the Steelers, or KC, or the Broncos. Maybe even the Raiders, or were they just a flash in the pan? But our division has gone from the toughest one to a dysfunctional mess over the years. I already know that barring massive injuries, the Pats will take the division next year. I just don't understand why some teams remain dysfunctional year after year. Good teams twice a year when they play us, and then crap the other 14 games.

Did you see the game Seattle put up against the Pats this year? They looked like monsters for that one game. Then I saw them two weeks later and they looked like they were trying to understand why a football wasn't a sphere. Crazy that they put everything into one game but can't sustain. If the rest of the league wants to end the Patriots reign, they need to get their crap together for longer than a game.

3 weeks later
#8875 7 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

Chicago should go after Jimmy Garapollo, or however you spell it.

He's not for sale. Personally I'm hoping the Pats work out a long term deal with him. QB is the toughest position on the team to replace. I look at all these quarterback starved teams that can't put it together. There are 5-7 good QBs in the league, and I think he could be the next. Yeah, I'd pay him almost starter money to wait for Brady to finish.

#8881 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's so hard to tell if he might be legitimate, or if it's the scheme. I make this point to death, but the Pats went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.

It's everything. Coaching, talent, scheme, teamwork, environment, dedication. They all combine to build a great team. And on this team, I think Jimmy G will be great. If it was just "scheme" every other team would duplicate it and the level of play in the NFL would be a lot better. Talent alone isn't enough, no matter how much a player has.

10 months later
#10187 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Honestly don't know the Pats aren't at least a 7.5 favorite.

Because the line is only a money line. It's points that the "bookie" gives to the "mark" so that they will be more likely to bet on the team that will probably lose. If too many people bet on the Pats, the line shifts so that more people bet the other way. If it was based on the actual probability of winning, everyone would bet on the Pats, and when they won, it would be a huge loss for the people taking the bets.

As for the Pats, the next two weeks will be a blast. We will hear stories of strife in the team, coaches hating owners, owners hating players, players upset at not being playing of the week, blah blah blah. Meanwhile the Eagles will be built up as the greatest team ever put on the earth. And then the greatest quarterback in history will join with some unexpected hero and bring home his sixth ring! GOAT!

#10193 6 years ago

Yeah Man, let the hate flow. And it’s Belicheat, not Belechit. If you are going to be butt-hurt, do it with respect for the greatest coach of all time, William Stephen Belichick. Or you could just call him Bill.

#10233 6 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Belishit or Belicheat, you named it. Sounds like your his personal bitch and have butt-hurt issues your self.

I AM his personal bitch, thanks for noticing

The real issue is that my last Super Bowl champions hat is almost a year old. It’s starting to fade just a bit, so I’ll need another one.

As for all my Super Bowl champions hats, my favorite is still the first one. Super Bowl 36 in New Orleans. It’s a nice blue with red and white, and it’s styled awesome.

The low point of hats was Super Bowl 39. I’m still surprised they made a brown hat for the champs. Hopefully this next one is cool.

#10236 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Not sure how I missed this yesterday. lol.

Ok, let’s break this down. James White scored the touchdown. Miles Jack tackles him well after the TD. Then gives him a nice slap in the face. Camron Felmming sees this and starts running over as Jack is jawing at White. Tony Steratore (the ref there) sees Fleming charging towards it, but as he gets there, Jack is backing off. So Fleming goes to white, but all of a sudden he has a ref running in behind him to prevent an incident. Steratore almost ends up breaking up the congratulations going on, and then laughs about it. He then can be seen backing away saying “I know, I know”.

You missed it yesterday because if you were watching, you could see the whole picture of how it came together, whereas in this video you can’t see the whole picture and where Fleming or Steratore were approaching from. You couldn’t see how the ref was actually coming in because from his angle, it looked like there was about to be a fight caused by Jack. And in the end he ended up reacting to the misunderstanding of what he thought Fleming was about to do in retaliation while defending one of his running backs.

That’s what you missed in that 8 second clip.

#10241 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So really, there should have been another 15 yard penalty against the Jags on the ensuing kickoff. How they got away with that one is beyond me!

While technically true, that stuff almost never gets called. A lot of players do things like that to either attempt to intimidate, or to get a reaction. And normally that reaction would get called. And to be more specific, the slap in the face could have been an ejection. But field judge Aaron Santi (#50) jumped right in and got between the two players.

Hey try to not interfere too much in the game.

#10259 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Any combo of: Saints or Vikings from NFC -vs- Bills or Chiefs from AFC would have been so much more entertaining.

And if any of those teams could have... how do you get there... oh yeah, if they had won the games to get there, they would be. I don't understand how you think the teams that LOST would make it a better game.

Maybe it should be the two losers in the conference go. Jax v NO. That would be better. They could call it the SuperThirdPlaceBowl!

#10265 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Patriots are the evil empire of football. Love em or hate em, you tune in to see them win or lose.

True. As a Pats fan, if they lost last week I wouldn't even watch the Super Bowl. That is because of the way the NFL handled deflategate. Before that, I was an NFL fan. I'd watch most games that were broadcast... except Thursday, those games are just bad because there isn't enough recovery or planning time. Even if deflategate was 100% true, the NFL went crazy with suspensions and draft pick penalties. There was a listed punishment if it had been true, and they went on a vendetta. I've probably watched 20-25 less games each of these 2 seasons because of it.

#10277 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I don't get butt hurt over some fairy football team or their lame fans that I care nothing about and have no effect on me.

I don’t know about that one o-din. Reading through your 800 posts of you trying to bait and rile fairy fans says different... seems to me you care a great deal and have a lot to say about it.

PS: yup, 800.

#10296 6 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

The Pro Bowl is the worst all-star exhibition in sports

It's horrible. I stopped watching it years ago.

#10376 6 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

what kinda delicious grillables we got planned for the big game?

I'm going to sustain myself on the tears of the Patriot haters. Yummy!

#10397 6 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Eagles want it more.

Are you sure about that? I’d rate this as one of the most important games of Tom Brady’s career. Everyone on the Pats understands the meaning of this game. I’d say their desire is quite strong.

#10407 6 years ago

Tom Brady... MVP! Yeah baby!

#10451 6 years ago

That was the third most painful football game in my life for me to watch.

Congratulations to the Eagles and their fans.

Ok, with that out of the way I'm going to slink into a corner and be depressed for a month.

8 months later
#10941 5 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

The bucks fire D coordinator Mike Smith, yet Bob Sutton STILL has a job as D coordinator for the chefs..WTF! Everyone’s talking about ‘showtime ‘ Mahomes, but the D gets exposed big time in front of a national audience..I cheer just as loud when the D makes a stop/makes the opponent punt, as Mahomes throws another toss leaving the pocket td to one of his weapons..the D hasn’t been effective for years...please Clark Hunt, make a fn change!!! Rant over..for now..

What. He held us to only 43. It could have been worse...

3 months later
#12200 5 years ago

Hey, did you guys hear that the Patriots are going to the Superbowl again? This will be Tom Terrific’s 9th trip to the big game. Ninth! GOAT! Greatest Of All Time! 5 rings, and when you ask him which ring is his favorite, he will answer “The next one”.

#12204 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

A Goat is an inferior animal to the Ram.

It’s been a while since we beat the Rams in the Super Bowl. Ahhh, Super Bowl 36. I have a coffee mug from that one. Fun times.

#12207 5 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

And Noone was happier about it than me. But this is the Los Angeles Rams. And they are gonna stomp on the Pats.

Well maybe Ndamukong Suh might try to stomp on something, but I assume they will eject him when he pulls that antic. He won’t be able to hold it together.

#12209 5 years ago

I love that moniker. Still pushing the rules. Still winning after all these years. He has the best news conferences in the game. He’ll talk for 5 minutes, and not say a word. But I know... haters gotta hate.

#12213 5 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Like some of the air out of the ball perhaps????????

That was a total screw job. The science behind it showed the pressures were exactly what they should have been under those conditions. But the NFL couldn’t back down and hosed us. And don’t forget, we’ve won 2 Super Bowls, and went to another since that game. Plus going to our forth since then. So four, and what’s the next closest team... One. The NFL parity holds down every team except the Patriots. We are constantly scrutinized for cheating, yet we keep winning.

#12316 5 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Argue all you want. That asterisk is never going away.

Sour grapes never go away. It’s ok man. I don’t mind you reminding of that asterisk at each Hat and T-shirt game the pats play in. I love the rule changes too. Hey, no beating up receivers. Hay, John Harbaugh doesn’t like your formations after players declare, so they are now illegal. And how many times did the refs hold up the play yesterday to give the Chiefs extra time to set up their defence? All their tears nourish Pats fans.

Except Patrick Mahomes... that kid is a player. There have been lots of quarterbacks that have come and gone, but I think he’s the real deal. I hope he keeps progressing next year.

1 week later
#12433 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

I’ll meet you halfway. The NFL can have a second one called the Pats-players-smash-cell-phones-to-destroy-evidence Trophy, or Evidence Spoliation Trophy. We can certainly refer to it as “The Belichick” or “The Brady” if you want.
I predict The Goff is going to win the trophy; replace “The Hoff”; and the 600 play Baywatch thread will be resurrected.

I’m going to take exception to this one. All his Patriot emails were released publicly. If that happened to me, my phone would have been acid washed by noon. Anything the NFL got off that phone would have been released by them. I already know about his pool cover. I don’t need to hear his nicknames for his wife. The NFL was the untrustworthy group there.

#12458 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Things people do because they clearly have nothing to hide...
Now I see why Pats fans think what their team does is ok.

I wasn't involved in the scandal, and I have plenty to hide. Do you really want to know what I text my girlfreind or worse, my wife? It was obviously a hatchet job, so of course he wasn't going to turn in his phone. And he paid the penalty of that. And then he just went out and won another Super Bowl.

Now, let's say he did turn in his phone. He still would have had the penalty because that had turned into a pissing contest. The NFL was trying to prove it had the right to do anything it wanted without evidence. And the court rulings said they did. So they did that. If he had turned it in, I'd know the entire contents of his phone now because the NFL was still trying to embarrass him because he kept winning. This wasn't a criminal case, and if it was the prosecutor would have been fired. In those circumstances he was 100% within his rights to destroy the phone and pay his penalty for that. Which is what happened. The highest penalty ever paid by a team, and they still keep winning.

And our team isn't ok... they are the best team in the NFL. Have a look at the record as we travel down to Atlanta for another Super Bowl

#12473 5 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

And only a Pats fan would put references to texting both their wife and girlfriend in a public forum. Looks like you may be destroying your cell phone and Pinside account one day...or writing your wife a much bigger check than you had anticipated.

Nah, I have too much fun here

Besides, I left off the prefix "ex" in front of wife. I've already written all the checks I needed to. Why is divorce so expensive? Because it's worth it.

Go Pats!

1 week later
#12534 5 years ago

Hey, is this the thread to come and gloat about the Patriots winning another Super Bowl?

Ok, now I’m going to complain about the most important thing. I’m not buying that Super Bowl Championship hat. Yuck. Did Roger Goodell design that as a delayed punishment against the Pats for winning so much? That’s not going to sell well. Usually on the morning after a Super Bowl victory I head over to the pro shop at the stadium to grab my hat so I could wear it to work today. It’s worse than the brown Super Bowl Champions hat from a few years back. So I guess I have to pick from one of the other 5 to wear today.

40 bucks for this??? Nuts! I don’t care that they rip me off for these hats so often. But give me one I’d want to wear in public.

3E1FE9D7-2878-4690-89FB-DC6F9A7CEDC7 (resized).jpeg3E1FE9D7-2878-4690-89FB-DC6F9A7CEDC7 (resized).jpeg

#12604 5 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m sure it helps to be in a division with Jets, Bills and dolphins, that explains how they win every division title but they still have to win the AFC playoffs.

How do they stay so bad year after year? They have been watching the Patriots do it for close to 20 years. Year after year I hear this will finally be the year they compete. And at the end of the year, the Pats win again. It's their entire organization that is broken. Right from the owner on down. Heck, look at Bill Belichick and his ending as "HC of the NYJ".

Who can forget this gem:

jets-settle-belichick-10132014 (resized).jpgjets-settle-belichick-10132014 (resized).jpg

Settle??? Settle for the greatest coach of all time. And then they got who they wanted and demoted him. Then 3 years later they tried to force him into the position... and he resigned after a day. Bill Belichick was the Head Coach of the New York Jets TWICE!!! That is more times than he has been the Head Coach of the Patriots. The other teams in the AFC East are just broken. Can they win a game by pretending it is the Super Bowl like the Dolphins did this year against us? Sure. Is it actually the Super Bowl? Nope, that's for the Pats.

Maybe some day the other teams will "get it"... I hear Rex Ryan is still available... and he didn't come here to kiss Bill's rings

#12623 5 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Fuck the Patriots!!!!!

Yummy yummy hate. Not only is it delicious, but it’s food for next years run to the Super Bowl.

#12630 5 years ago

First time in years I didn't watch any of the Super Bowl. No pre-game, no commercials, no half-time entertainment, ...no nothin.
2 reasons:
* The no-call on the pass interference in the Saints-Rams game really screwed the Saints.
Would have been a better Super Bowl with the Saints representing the NFC.
* I was busy that day packing, cleaning, loading, & moving to a new place.
Congrats to the Patriots.

You guys got jobbed. Losing sucks no matter how it happens. When the other team just plays better, or you play bad, it’s just what can happen. But having a win stolen by the ref ignoring two massive penalties like that was crazy. The Saints should have been in the Super Bowl.

Good luck in the new place.

2 weeks later
#12742 5 years ago

As a Pats fan, he could have just called me. After 6 Super Bowls, I'd have given him a Satin Handshake to remember!

(For those with a dirty mind that read that as Satan's Handshake, that's way too dirty. Even us Pats fans have their limits)

1 month later
#12942 5 years ago

Who could have foreseen such a turn of events? Oh, almost everyone here. Any business that is ready to go tits up unless they secure additional funding a few weeks in isn’t ever going to last long. It had no hope.

1 week later
#12950 5 years ago

I guess the NFL is sticking with (4) pre-season games again this year.
Thought that maybe NFL was gonna drop it down to 2 or 3 pre-season games.

$$$$ - It is a forced buy for season ticket holders. That is not going away unless the season gets extended for free by the NFL Players Association. Which means never.

#12959 5 years ago

Russell Wilson - Highest paid player in the NFL. Things that make you go Hmmmm? I realize it’s a quarterback driven league, but ouch.

#12968 5 years ago
Quoted from Ronnie1114:

I love it when people hate on Russ. Just means they are jealous they don't have as good as a QB.

Sorry, it's an outdated picture from when my QB only had 5 rings....

TomBradyRings (resized).jpgTomBradyRings (resized).jpg

#12974 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Your QB huh?
You also taking credit for your owner, and the disgusting Video of him blowing a load at a seedy rub and tug that’s about to be released?
God help us all!!!

Yup, MY QB. MY team. MY handjob.

2 weeks later
#13034 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Meanwhile, the Patriots (along with Levi's Skins) quietly had the best overall draft...uh oh!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Patriots/comments/bj4rp8/rené_bugner_rainbowcave_rnbwcv_2019_nfl_draft/
[quoted image]

The Patriots don't measure their success in draft scores, they measure them in Super Bowl rings. Kiss the rings bitches. But it's nice to win the meaningless stuff too.

#13036 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Since we're on the topic, has the "massage" tape been released yet?

You are that interested in Robert Kraft's Ding Dong? I'm sure there are plenty of sites on the internet to find similar.

Here's one:

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/ding-dong

3 months later
#13105 4 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Tommy’s looking good...
Throwing dahts and packed on 10lbs.
Pats are also stacked with great rookies and’ve really tightened up the D with Collins coming back.
How obnoxious am I sounding right now?
To quote the Borg, “You will all be assimilated”

Facts aren’t ever obnoxious. If the Pats are still in the league, people will whine. I’m not sure why any other AFC East team bothers playing. Kiss the rings.

1 week later
#13292 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Experts poll saying Wentz or Mahomes favorite to win MVP.

Obviously I'm a Pats fan, so Brady should be MVP every year he plays (and probably years he doesn't play). However, that aside...

Mahomes. That kid has IT. I can't wait to see what he can do this year. Does the pressure get to him? Or does he stand up to it and play great? In my opinion, he was great last year. So this year will be a much tougher hill to climb. If he can continue to grow, he will be the MVP. He has all the tools he needs to be a great player, and now he just needs to get out there and do it.

And honestly, this is my favorite time to watch a young players career. He had a really good season last year. So now he needs to deal with expectations on top of quarterbacking a team. How well he handles that will set out his entire career path.

1 week later
#13647 4 years ago

Hey, who’s this AB guy we just picked up? Is he any good?

Right now I give this piece of crap 4 weeks before BB kicks him to the curb. He has shot his way out of 2 towns since taking a snap in the NFL. He won’t be able to handle just working at his job.

#13797 4 years ago

Are you guys all so snippy just because the Pats looked so good Sunday?

#14023 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

You ever notice how they pile on the points even if their up 35 to 0 in the 4th quarter?Most teams like the Cowboys take their foot off the gas

How did not playing hard until the end work out for the Pats last year in that stadium? Got our hearts scooped out at the last minute. No way they were going to take their foot off the gas this time. If Miami didn’t like it, they can kneel on the ball for 3 downs and punt it back to us.

#14025 4 years ago
Quoted from WesleyCowan:

Personally I'd find it more interesting if two teams who had never made it to the Super Bowl were to be there.

Every team starts with the same record. Every team has the ability to win. The NFL has made the playing field as level as it can possibly be. They have even slanted it against the Pats by taking away first round picks and adding in fines because the NFL couldn’t bother learning air density in different temperatures. Speaking of which, what ever happened to the report from all their testing the next season? I’ll tell you what happened, the testing stopped because it proved the Patriots didn’t cheat. No reason to report that.

#14060 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Come on Dave...let’s not go back down that road.

Sigh. You’re right Colson. It’s probably not an attack against the team I cheer for.

Quoted from vicjw66:

Well, it's assumed that the Patriots will cheat

Quoted from Jodester:

Cheat Harder: the story of the New England Patriots

Quoted from Whysnow:

pats are a CULTURE of cheating.

Quoted from Whysnow:

NE fans continually miss the point that many others see clearly. When you are caught cheating multiple times, it just means there are many more times you have cheated and not been caught. It is obviously part of the teams culture to cheat.

Quoted from ecurtz:

Yes, in hindsight they had no need to cheat in the Championship game, but they didn't know that at the time and they chose to cheat (and there's exactly 0% chance that 2PSI below the limit on 11/12 balls was anything other than deliberate cheating.)

Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I am really happy the cheatriots lost.

Quoted from hwyhed:

can’t wait to play the cheatriots errr patriots!!

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Under inflated balls and Philly practice spies who suck on Belechit. CHEATERS!!!

Quoted from hwyhed:

We beat those cheaters err patriots last time they were at Arrowhead

Quoted from dirtbag66:

Unfortunately, we'll never know just how good they are or could have been. Because, you know, they are cheaters.

Quoted from dirtbag66:

It must really suck cheering for a group of cheaters.

Quoted from Nilroc:

I can't like a team like the Patriots after Spygate incident in 2007. That coach is a proven cheater.

Quoted from Pinchroma:

He's a damn good (cheating) coach

Quoted from Whysnow:

Aren't the pats the ones that got caught cheating a few years ago?

Quoted from Whysnow:

Gave you a thumbs up just because anything is better than a cheating patriot and their loud mouth fans.

Quoted from Whysnow:

They are not a Dynasty by any means and I would consider everything they have done up to the point of being caught is a giant asterik and a blemish on the NFL forever. What have they done since then?

Ok, that one is a bad example because since the Pats won a few Super Bowls since then. That statement didn’t age well.

Quoted from Whysnow:

pats are a CULTURE of cheating.

#14186 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Did anyone take the over on him lasting 8 games in NE?

As a Pats fan, I had thought 4 games before he blowed up. Now he’s just another bum on the streets.

And I’m bummed by it. I hate when people have raw talent and throw it down the tubes. Not just athletes, but anyone.

#14338 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

up next, the super bowl against the patriots next week!

Yay, a hat and t-shirt game in September!

#14355 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah I’m starting to think they may make the playoffs.

Haven't you heard? We already did. Super Bowl next week in Buffalo.

And I will say, sometimes Buffalo does bring the mustard when playing the Pats. There have been years where if they had played the rest of the league as well as they play against the Pats, they could have been a contender. But they usually get so overhyped for the game that they get undisciplined. As a Pats fan, I'm used to every team playing us like it is the Super Bowl.

And what is with the disparity in the league this year? It really seems like the separation between the good teams and the bad teams happened much faster this year. It already looks like the AFC Championship game will be in Foxboro or KC this year, and we haven't even finished the third week.

#14380 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

and they are trying to make Thursday night the power game. Totally stupid if you ask me.

Unless the Pats are playing, I never bother to watch Thursday Night Football. It is a weak game no matter who is playing. If a team plays Sunday, there is no way they can be ready for a game on Thursday. Football on a professional level is too abusive to their bodies. You cannot play two full games that close together. So do you pace yourself and possibly sacrifice the Sunday game? Or do you go all out Sunday and then cannot perform at 100% on Thursday. Either scenario ends up with a crappier product on the field.

#14458 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

There fixed that for ya

Nope, it’s against Pinside rules to alter a quote.

#14499 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Mostly Red Zone only now so I've luckily avoided them.
But for sure the fan duel shit was out of control.

Red Zone has become my preferred way to watch football. I'll even switch over to it while watching a Pats game (while recording the entire Pats game of course). It is totally worth the extra cost. If you have never watched an afternoon of it, you are missing out. Scott Hanson is by far the best announcer. He jumps from game to game with perfect transitions and gives you a quick blurb of what is happening including things like yardage and down as they jump in. And if every game is in a commercial, he recaps and shows highlights. You don't miss anything good from any game being played.

#14713 4 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Tom Brady says Allen hit just a part of football and should not end in fines or suspending. Really, this coming from Mr. Safety Puff himself! What a fu#@! joke lol lol lol if it would have been him that got hit he'd be calling for them to be put out of the NFL!!!

You never ever see Brady run like that. He would have given up and slid, or run out of bounds. He understands that a first down in the 4th game of the season isn’t worth getting hit. It would have to be 4th down in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl to make him run like that, and even then, he wouldn’t have run like that.

Watch him play. He always drops out as he is about to get hit. He starts falling early. He protects himself. Josh Allen still needs to learn this. Quarterbacks that don’t learn it don’t last long.

#14883 4 years ago

As a huge Pats fan let me just say... Patrick Mahomes is ridiculous. I hope he doesn’t get hurt because that is next level shit he’s doing out there.

#14915 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

.If Snyder was smart he would shit can the entire organization and start over....

Starting with the owner. Parity can’t make up for incompetence.

#14980 4 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Football is the ultimate team sport so Mayfield is only as good as the rest of the team around him..the offensive line got completely dominated and the receiving core didn't help much...he didnt have a chance

So true. The best player in the world can’t do anything with two other guys in his face. Almost every great play I’ve ever seen involved someone else doing something really good. It’s almost always a great block that actually springs the play. It happens in every game.

#15026 4 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

I enjoy watching about any football team, but tomorrow, 10/13, I am really hoping Denver and Arizona can both get their 2nd wins of the season.

Tomorrow is going to be an awesome football day. That Pats played Thursday and won, so now I get to watch 7 straight hours of Red Zone. When your team isn’t playing, it’s by far the best football experience. No commercials. Totally worth the extra few bucks a month.

#15173 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

There's 0 chance I'm buying a "Division Champs!" hat as a Pats fan, but as a Jags fan? You bet!

Unless it’s last years hat. Every year the pats won I’ve trotted over to the stadium to stand in line and buy the hat. But last season, no thanks. I’d never wear that piece of crap. I’ve wondered if it was the worst selling Super Bowl hat ever. I don’t even recall seeing anybody wearing them. I’m sure someone at the NFL attributes it to owning too many Super Bowl hats up here, but in reality, none of us wanted to pay for such an ugly hat. I hope this years is nicer.

#15251 4 years ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Wow...Mahomes injured and heading for MRI. They still pulled this game off, even though it’s the Broncos with Flacco, but that injury should definitely change their season.

"NFL Media reports that the test showed no significant damage for Mahomes beyond the dislocated kneecap."

WTF? No significant damage beyond the dislocated kneecap??? OUCH!!!

#15334 4 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Boring game!

Awesome game!

3 weeks later
#15816 4 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

What happened before he lost his mind should have been a penalty. Then he lost his mind. First suspension. Just let it be for the rest of the season and move on.

Nope, I don’t care if it’s a first suspension. He took the guys helmet and hit him in the head with it. Could have easily fractured his skull doing that. 2 years minimum suspension in my book.

And I’m not some daisy flower saying that. Football is a rough sport. People get serious injuries all the time. It’s a vicious game, and should remain fairly vicious. But clubbing a guy in the unprotected skull with an object... no. I draw the line right there. I don’t care how you got to that point, 2 years. I’d be inclined to give him less time if he had jumped down and broke his leg. But it was his head.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider DaveH.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread?tu=DaveH and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.