960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot 2024-04-08 204744 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240408-182844_Brave (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 978 of 1,513.
#48851 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That’s awful if true.

It is unfortunately.

I read the entire Freeh report, all 267 pages, and also talked with people in the program including a board of trustee's member who voted to fire Joe Paterno that I've spent 100's of hours with.

McCleary went to Paterno. He informed the gang of three. They didn't do shit. Paterno never did anything after that. Failure after failure.

2 weeks before the story broke, I was leaving a game early in the 3rd, PSU was way ahead. Sandusky almost ran me over running into the stadium. Knowing now, I should of punched him.

#48852 1 year ago

PSU has issues that go beyond Sandusky. I'm still surprised micah parson's alleged sodomy didn't get more press...

https://fox56.com/news/local/former-psu-football-player-gives-details-on-alleged-hazing-by-teammates

Humphries has said in court filings that the reason he transferred was that he was unable to defend himself against the harassment and hazing by certain players and unwilling to withstand the inaction and retaliation of the coaching staff.

He alleges in the complaint that Barber, Parsons, Gross-Matos and did the following to him and certain other players:

Took their clothes and did not return them.
Told them they intended to make them “their bitch because this is a prison.”
Wrestled them down and simulating a humping action while on top of them.
Placed their penis in their faces while simulating ejaculation.
Placed their penis on and in their buttocks.

#48853 1 year ago

Done with PSU.

Go Colts, Jets and Dolphins.

#48854 1 year ago

Kinda surprised it wasn't a program killer - I know my friend had 4 season tickets for 20 years that he gave up after the story came out.

Too much money at stake I guess, of course the Freeh Report was paid for by Penn State Board of Trustees so it hardly counts as 'independent'

#48855 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Done with PSU.

Sorry if I had seen this I would not have posted again.

#48856 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I'm still surprised micah parson's alleged sodomy didn't get more press...

The key word is alleged. With Parsons coming due for a huge contract extension, lawyers would be lining up to take a piece of the pie.

#48857 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Sorry if I had seen this I would not have posted again.

Done with discussing PSU, my Dad's Alma mater, mine and my daughters.

#48858 1 year ago

Welcome to alternate universe Wednesday

I blame the NFL for the last two pages of this thread - if they gave us Wednesday night football we would stay on topic

#48859 1 year ago

Wrestled them down and simulating a humping action while on top of them.
Placed their penis in their faces while simulating ejaculation.
Placed their penis on and in their buttocks.

C'mon Bro. Like Crocodile Dundee said that's "just kids havin' fun."

But honestly they just shut down a JV team here for somewhat the same issue...although I believe the penis was simulated.

#48860 1 year ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I blame the NFL for the last two pages of this thread - if they gave us Wednesday night football we would stay on topic

BOOM!

#48861 1 year ago

This has taken a dark turn. Bring on some wholesome goodness!

Deshaun-Watson-as-seen-in-an-Instagram-Post-in-December-2019 (resized).jpgDeshaun-Watson-as-seen-in-an-Instagram-Post-in-December-2019 (resized).jpg
#48862 1 year ago

OMG. That's a true LOL post

#48863 1 year ago

I think we can all agree Cowboys are out first round.

#48864 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Thank you for the change of pace reality check.

#48865 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Screenshot_20221130-200905 (resized).pngScreenshot_20221130-200905 (resized).png
#48867 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Yeah me too, Tua may not last the first quarter against their D

The Niners offense has been all over the map this year, and have been very inconsistent. If the Niners D shits the bed then they have zero chance of winning as I highly doubt they can win a shoot out?

#48868 1 year ago

I hate the Cowboys as much as the next guy, but they are pretty good this year. Who do you think is taking them out in the first round? They won't be playing the Eagles or the Vikings.

#48869 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I hate the Cowboys as much as the next guy, but they are pretty good this year. Who do you think is taking them out in the first round? They won't be playing the Eagles or the Vikings.

For fucks sake dude.

#48870 1 year ago

Too earlier to tell. History says they shit the bed.

#48871 1 year ago

Fuckin Wednesdays in the NFL thread.... Let's just all agree that Russell Wilson sucks, and....

The Chiefs are the best. Easy peasy

#48872 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Who do you think is taking them out in the first round?

Seahawks duh!!

#48873 1 year ago

WTF just happened in here?
So much for (gentle and kind) "Speculation Wednesday"
I'm gonna go google "speculation" and make sure it doesn't mean, "To take a $hit on someone" in another context... I never know these days.

#48874 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

History tends to repeat.

Quoted from tomdrum:

Too earlier to tell. History says they shit the bed.

Wait, we still talking about Penn State???

pepsico-bubly-bubly.gifpepsico-bubly-bubly.gif
#48875 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Fuckin Wednesdays in the NFL thread.... Let's just all agree that Russell Wilson sucks, and....
The Chiefs are the best. Easy peasy

your half right

#48876 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

your half right

I can't believe you still think Wilson is good... Come on man

#48877 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

[quoted image]

No! Just you.

#48878 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

All green teams suck except jets and eagles

#48879 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

All green teams suck except jets and eagles

Interesting take. I'm in.

#48880 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

[quoted image]

64B658A9-365B-4E08-901C-782FF121B8B9.gif64B658A9-365B-4E08-901C-782FF121B8B9.gif
#48881 1 year ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

shya

#48882 1 year ago

I will look at this pragmatically.

When looking at the NFC east, all the teams have a winning record, so I think it's safe to say that are all in the hunt. There are still several divisional games left to play, so things can change quickly, but with 6 games left...they are all exactly where I thought they would be in the pecking order even before the season began.

With the eagles holding a 2 game lead and a head-to-head win against the Cowboys, I'm guessing the eagles win the division (as I also stated prior to the season). The Cowboys are the best team remaining in the division, and quite possibly in the NFC, but losing the division likely means 5th place for them.

The Vikings are shoo-ins for their division, the west is a race between the 49ers and Seahawks (I think the niners pull through), and the south is the worst division in football...but I have to think Brady pulls it off.

All that means a Cowboys-Tampa Bay wild card game. TB beat the boys in the first game of the year, but I think they get revenge and take it this time.

If the 49ers slip and Tampa Bay goes off....it would likely be Dallas v. Niners, and we can certainly win, but I wouldn't be as confident.

#48883 1 year ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#48884 1 year ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#48885 1 year ago

The Niners are the team all NFC fans pray some other team knocks out to avoid a playoff game

#48886 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

The Niners are the team all NFC fans pray some other team knocks out to avoid a playoff game

They really have it all:
Very good o-line and d-line, one of the best defenses in the NFL, and quite possibly the best offensive playmakers in the league. Oh yeah, they have depth and a great kicker too....not to mention a soft division and an even softer remaining schedule.

#48887 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

They really have it all:
Very good o-line and d-line, one of the best defenses in the NFL, and quite possibly the best offensive playmakers in the league. Oh yeah, they have depth and a great kicker too....not to mention a soft division and an even softer remaining schedule.

Well first of all our brethren in the PNW would have a word with you about the division!

But they play an offensive style that no one else consistently does well, and it's tough to scheme against with defenses built to limit big pass plays, and weather doesn't matter

#48888 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

Well first of all our brethren in the PNW would have a word with you about the division!
But they play an offensive style that no one else consistently does well, and it's tough to scheme against with defenses built to limit big pass plays, and weather doesn't matter

green

#48889 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

They have had a few head-scratchers this season, but they are healthy now and playing better...but they are susceptible to teams with high-flying passing attacks.

I say the dolphins beat them this week. Write it down.

#48890 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

They have had a few head-scratchers this season, but they are healthy now and playing better...but they are susceptible to teams with high-flying passing attacks.
I say the dolphins beat them this week. Write it down.

You know what maybe it's the e-fumes from TheLaw's White Claws
but I'm all in on SF this week!

#48891 1 year ago

Bills-Patriots (bills win). 12 piints
Steelers-Falcons (falcons win). 1 point
Broncos-Ravens (ravens win). 13 points
Packers-Bears (bears win). 5 points
Jaguars-Lions (jags win). 4 points
Browns-Texas (browns win). 14 points
Jets-Vikings (jets win). 6 points
Commanders-Giants (Giants win). 3 points
Titans-Eagles (Eagles win). 8 points
Seahawks-Rams (Seahawks win). 11 points
Dolphins-49ers (dolphins win). 7 points
Chiefs-Bengals (chiefs win). 9 points
Chargers-Raiders (chargers win). 10 points
Colts-Cowboys (cowboys win). 15 points
Saints-Bucs (Bucs win). 2 points

#48892 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

They really have it all:

Not really...they still have Miami, TB, Seattle, AZ, Wash, and the Raiders.....all are decent and four may actually make the play offs. I wouldn't exactly call that a soft schedule. They definitely have the best defense in football (when healthy), great play makers, but the O line is just so so (except Trent Williams).

#48893 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not really...they still have Miami, TB, Seattle, AZ, Wash, and the Raiders.....all are decent and four may actually make the play offs. I wouldn't exactly call that a soft schedule. They definitely have the best defense in football (when healthy), great play makers, but the O line is just so so (except Trent Williams).

The 49ers have a better record than every team they have left except miami, they already have blowout wins against 2 of the teams they have left this season, and 4 of their remaining 6 games are at home.

From a statistical standpoint, the 49ers have the 9th best offensive line in the NFL, the 16th easiest remaining schedule, and an 89% chance of making the playoffs.

#48894 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not really...they still have Miami, TB, Seattle, AZ, Wash, and the Raiders.....all are decent and four may actually make the play offs.

Raiders and Cardinals are “decent”?!? Very charitable of you.

#48895 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

but they are healthy now

CMC's knee begs to differ...

#48896 1 year ago

Wowza! I missed a bunch of Sandusky talk last night! Tomdrum should have punched all those guys in the face, including JoePA.
Looking forward to the game tonight and hope it's a good one.

#48897 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

We all know the Cowboys will take out the Cowboys.

#48898 1 year ago

Niners o line is soft except maybe Williams

#48899 1 year ago
Quoted from vidguy:

We all know the Cowboys will take out the Cowboys.

dakmeme (resized).PNGdakmeme (resized).PNG

#48900 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:The 49ers have a better record than every team they have left except miami, they already have blowout wins against 2 of the teams they have left this season, and 4 of their remaining 6 games are at home.
From a statistical standpoint, the 49ers have the 9th best offensive line in the NFL, the 16th easiest remaining schedule, and an 89% chance of making the playoffs.

I hear what you're saying, but I certainly wouldn't call their schedule soft. Its kinda NFL avg....If the Niners get lucky and stay healthy they are the team to beat in the NFC even without home field advantage. I guarantee u the last team Minnesota/Philadelphia/Cowboys want to see is the Niners...even if its on their own turf. I'm surprised the Niners O line is ranked that high as they have been pretty inconsistent, and were terrible against Denver and Chicago.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 75,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 978 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.