Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg
dan-cant-see-me.gif
IMG_5213 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240407_183534931 (resized).jpg
38860405-3D86-49AB-9AE9-AE75342822BA.gif
20240406_180941 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 944 of 1,512.
#47151 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

If the Broncos were worth 4.65 billion, Washington should fetch 6 billion.

Maybe Bezos will pick up the team to go with his newspaper.

#47152 1 year ago

There’s a golden opportunity here for the nfl to welcome some diversity into its ownership ranks here.

I don’t see why it has to be Bezos. He’s not the only billionaire on the planet.

I guess snyder, having vanquished Jim Irsay, has nothing more to prove and is ready to get out?

I’ve been hurt so many times before. But I’m allowing myself to dream the impossible!

#47153 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There’s a golden opportunity here for the nfl to welcome some diversity into its ownership ranks here.
I don’t see why it has to be Bezos.
I guess snyder, having vanquished Jim Irsay, has nothing more to prove and is ready to get out?
I’ve been hurt so many times before. But I’m allowing myself to dream the impossible!

Maybe Kanye?

#47154 1 year ago

Byron Allen believes he’ll buy the next NFL team that’s for sale
Posted by Mike Florio on August 17, 2022, 9:59 AM EDT

Media mogul Byron Allen wanted to buy the Denver Broncos. It didn’t work. He thinks it eventually will.

Allen recently told TMZ.com that he believes he’ll buy the next team that is for sale.

“When you lose to the richest family in the world, it’s not a bad day in the office,” Allen said, referring to the Wal-Mart Walton-Penner group that plunked down $4.65 billion for the Broncos.

“Listen,” Allen added. “Buying an NFL football team is a process and we had the pleasure of being a part of that process. We didn’t get this one, but I’m highly confident we’ll get the next one.”

There’s nothing wrong with confidence and optimism. But Allen’s group wasn’t even among the finalists for the Broncos. Also, and as PFT has reported, Josh Harris would have made a $5 billion bid for the Broncos if that would have closed the deal. When he failed to get an assurance that, for example, the Walton-Penners wouldn’t have simply gone to $5 billion and one penny, Harris bowed out.

When the next team is for sale (possibly the Seahawks, after May 1, 2024), Harris possibly will be willing to make the same $5 billion bid. Unless there’s someone else who would pay $5 billion and one penny.

To get a team, Allen will have to be in that ballpark, with 30 percent of the cash coming from his own pocket — unless the league is willing to relax the rules in order to ensure that there will be an ownership group with a controlling owner who is black.

#47156 1 year ago

I can see Snyder's upcoming book in a few years. "How to Make 5 Billion while being an Asshole", NYT bestseller.

#47157 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I can see Snyder's upcoming book in a few years. "How to Make 5 Billion while being an Asshole", NYT bestseller.

Pretty much every billionaire could write that book. They didn't get to be billionaires by being sweethearts.

And those who are born billionaires are going to be assholes, just because. How could you possibly be born a billionaire and not grow into an asshole?

#47158 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

If the Broncos were worth 4.65 billion, Washington should fetch 6 billion.

Yeah but they also desperately need a stadium... so the true cost is going to be much higher. Local Govs have all shunned paying for it and moving the team as part of buying it is probably a bridge too far for the other owners.

It's a horrible spot... an owner not motivated to sell... a worth no one will let be devalued... and heavy 'upgrade' costs sitting at the doorstep.

#47159 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yeah but they also desperately need a stadium... so the true cost is going to be much higher. Local Govs have all shunned paying for it and moving the team as part of buying it is probably a bridge too far for the other owners.

Isn't the big deal is everyone hates Snyder and maybe any other owner will have a lot easier time getting a stadium?
Just heard stuff in PTI, don't know anything aboot DC area stuff.

#47160 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Isn't the big deal is everyone hates Snyder and maybe any other owner will have a lot easier time getting a stadium?

Yup.

Once Snyder is removed from the equation, it will be MUCH easier to get a stadium built, in DC, Maryland, or Virginia. Maryland Gov. Larry hogan handed over $1.2 billion to the Orioles and Ravens for stadium improvements to be paid for with Lotto income and nobody even blinked:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs-md-pol-bill-signing-20220412-dptn5zqg7zgxpdt4hi37fe265e-story.html

NFL teams don't come up for sale very often. It will be EASY to sell the Washington Commanders, and it will certainly set a new record for an NFL franchise sale.

[eagerly awaiting a 9,000 word screed from Flynn about why I'm wrong]

#47161 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Synder was an extra stink that soured the marketability of any push to spend public funds. Without Synder it will be easier, but I still don't think either state is eager to fund a new stadium. Especially in this climate.

Recent deals where the skins were planning on a massive multi-use complex in Woodbridge didn't meet much resistance because it wasn't pushed as a public project, but rather the team buying land. The coresponding state house initiatives died and were tabled... VA has seemed more motivated than MD has been. MD basically has been playing to be a prude... not wanting to give much of anything... VA was playing more to lure the team.. but has become politically unfavorable again.

MD was only offering funds to develop around a stadium - and was holding fast against funding the stadium itself
VA has talked a lot, but not done anything of real commitment

And the team is trying to play MD/DC/VA all three....

The days of a fully funded public stadium seem dead. New ownership is going to have to earmark 2billion or more for a new stadium.

I don't question people will want to buy the team... I'm just saying the people that can manage the 6-9billion PLUS another 2-4 billion for a stadium in the first 5 years is going to be limited.

#47162 1 year ago

They don't believe in the hotel tax shenanigans?

#47163 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yup.
Once Snyder is removed from the equation, it will be MUCH easier to get a stadium built, in DC, Maryland, or Virginia. Maryland Gov. Larry hogan handed over $1.2 billion to the Orioles and Ravens for stadium improvements to be paid for with Lotto income and nobody even blinked:
https://www.baltimoresun.com/politics/bs-md-pol-bill-signing-20220412-dptn5zqg7zgxpdt4hi37fe265e-story.html

The MD deal was an option for new Bonds for improvements predicated on the Teams signing new leases for the length of the bonds. Basically a carrot to secure extensions. And it's 600 mil per team... not nearly the same as throwing 1bil+ at a team that simply doesn't like their existing privately funded stadium and don't want to pay to improve it.

Personally I don't think MD cares if they lose the commanders back to DC or VA. Having them move out of region?? That would probably make more waves.

#47164 1 year ago

Betting odds already on Commanders sale

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#47165 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Betting odds already on Commanders sale
[quoted image]

Looks like I'm doing better here than in the Pinside NFL Pool. Has Bezos ever expressed any interest in owning an NFL team? Or is it just that it would cost like 1/100th of his net worth to pick one up?

#47166 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Has Bezos ever expressed any interest in owning an NFL team? Or is it just that it would cost like 1/100th of his net worth to pick one up?

He's hanging out at games with Goodell, these people aren't discreet.
What does that mean for Prime games? Probably nothing

#47167 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Has Bezos ever expressed any interest in owning an NFL team?

Yes. In 2019 he expressed an interest, but no teams were available. He owns the Washington Post and has a mansion in DC. He could easily build the next mega stadium aka AT&T like Dallas.

#47168 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:He's hanging out at games with Goodell, these people aren't discreet.
What does that mean for Prime games? Probably nothing

Every Thursday night game features Washington?!

Amazing!

#47169 1 year ago

Here’s some history for those not in the DC area. The wonderful Jack Kent Cooke was unable to get a new stadium built in DC to replace RFK. He feuded with the DC Mayor, Sharon Pratt Kelley, tried to make a deal with the Virginia Governor, Douglas Wilder, to move the team to Alexandria, then gave up and bought property in Landover, MD and built the stadium himself. The main issue now is that Snyder owns the staduim, but everyone hates him, the stadium, the team name, and how he’s run the organization into the ground and took something that gave joy to so many people and ruined it. Selling this team will go for more money partly due to the fact that the real estate/stadium is being bought too.
To be objective, DC is a pain to work with and Snyder and Cooke both have failed to build stadiums there.

#47170 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Every Thursday night game features Washington?! Amazing!

I’m warming to the idea already.

#47171 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’m warming to the idea already.

Totally laughable concept.

#47172 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Not long ago so was the idea of Amazon being anything other than an online book store.

#47173 1 year ago

Cant imagine wanting to own an NFL team. Sounds like a surefire way to lose interest in the game. Like becoming a Cleveland fan

#47174 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

We are dead serious about this idea and it was no way intended to be a joke, and we demand you embrace the concept of weekly Thursday night games featuring the Commanders or whatever bezos names them (we all know it will be the Washington Prime).

Someone’s a little sour tonight after getting no hit by those cheatin’ ‘Stros!

#47175 1 year ago

Can Beezo get back to 2 day prime delivery again? Wife git another IOU gift today 3 days late

#47176 1 year ago

Eagles vs Texans feels like a trap game to me.

#47177 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Can Beezo get back to 2 day prime delivery again? Wife git another IOU gift today 3 days late

it’s Covid dude!!!

The same reason I don’t get fortune cookies anymore with my Chinese delivery.

#47178 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Eagles vs Texans feels like a trap game to me.

What gives you the idea that Houston could pitch a shut out against Philly?!

#47179 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

(we all know it will be the Washington Prime).

Washington Fire Sticks has a nice ring to it.

#47180 1 year ago

Pretty sure the Eagles can attend game 5 of the World Series tonight in Philly and still beat the Texans….

#47182 1 year ago

what ,did he pass

#47186 1 year ago

Apparently he was the raiders’ emergency QB at times.

So he did pass!

#47187 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Apparently he was the raiders’ emergency QB at times.
So he did pass!

For 65 yds in his career

#47188 1 year ago

a whole thread full of wisenheimers

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#47189 1 year ago

Texans have got this one in the bag!

#47190 1 year ago

Eagles win by 20+ tonight. Wouldn't be surprised if it's by 40.

#47191 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Hopefully sitting their starters by 3rd quarter.

#47192 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

No he was a punter.

Griffey3.0.gifGriffey3.0.gif
#47193 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Im going to laugh so hard when.... you're probably right

#47194 1 year ago

he did lay a fat one across the plate!

#47195 1 year ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Hopefully sitting their starters by 3rd quarter.

Hopefully. I'd like to Minshew toss a TD. Sanders has 100 yards tonight.

#47196 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

20 is a lot of points...and the line is already huge at like 14 or something?

#47197 1 year ago

Trap Game folks. Who picked the Texans to win? Not me, but I thought about it.

#47198 1 year ago

I picked the Eagles to win but I’d love for them to lose. I’m a bad gambler.

#47199 1 year ago

did everyone put 16 on Philly in the pool?

#47200 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

did everyone put 16 on Philly in the pool?

3 went 15.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 944 of 1,512.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/944 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.