Screenshot_20240408-180037_Brave (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1712612981603 (resized).jpg
dan-cant-see-me.gif
IMG_5213 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240407_183534931 (resized).jpg
38860405-3D86-49AB-9AE9-AE75342822BA.gif
20240406_180941 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 935 of 1,512.
#46701 1 year ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The bears win and all you can think about is the Packers.
Rent free?

No, no, no. Bears won and you came in talking shit. Rent free is right.

#46702 1 year ago

After the insinuation that the bears are the new kings in the north, just a friendly reminder that the bears still suck

#46703 1 year ago

After the insinuation that the bears are the new kings in the north, just a friendly reminder that the bears still suck

It’s been an absolute pleasure watching Rodgers single handedly destroy a proud franchise.

#46704 1 year ago

You two sit down and let the Vikings fans have their moment of glory atop the weak ass north division.

I am busy scheduling my playoff tickets as my Bucs continue to look strong in a really competitive south division.

#46705 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It’s been an absolute pleasure watching Rodgers single handedly destroy a proud franchise.

I personally enjoy what he's done to the bears

#46706 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

If you had just gone after Rodgers right away, Deacon would have been an ally.

#46707 1 year ago

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing the Bears win a few games, but honestly, I think it’s fair to say everyone in this thread is rooting for the Lions. It’s really hard to be that bad for so long.

#46708 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing the Bears win a few games, but honestly, I think it’s fair to say everyone in this thread is rooting for the Lions. It’s really hard to be that bad for so long.

Canada’s teams next, Dak struggles against competent Ds.

#46709 1 year ago

Bills (0-4) v Vikings (0-4) Super Bowl LLVII -- the GREAT REDEMPTION BOWL -- America (f**k ya!) cannot lose!

make
it
happen!

#46710 1 year ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

The Ford family has a long history of bad management. It's pretty sad when the current CEO/President is just a friend of the family that ran the Ford Estate before being hired.

The Lions were 9-7 his first 2 seasons then he fired everyone and has gone 18-50-1.

This is what he said when he was hired.

New Detroit Lions President Rod Wood admitted that he isn't "a football guy," but he does think he's qualified for his new position.

"I would probably say that I’m not qualified to run any other NFL team," Wood said. "But I think I’m qualified to run this one because of the connection to the Ford family, understanding the business for the last eight years working with them.”

#46711 1 year ago

Something tells me the bears havent scrubbed off 30 years of suck in one game, but I'll let you enjoy it

This is the Bears team we thought could happen with Justin Fields (playing good defense, getting turnovers, Fields running the ball to save the day)

Can they keep it up? We will see. Scrambling QBs tend to get hurt in this league, but with all the protective rules in place these days... perhaps that can be mitigated.

#46712 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

New Detroit Lions President Rod Wood admitted that he isn't "a football guy," but he does think he's qualified for his new position.
"I would probably say that I’m not qualified to run any other NFL team," Wood said."

Sooooooo....he is Ted Lasso?

#46713 1 year ago
Quoted from Daditude:

This is the Bears team we thought could happen with Justin Fields (playing good defense, getting turnovers, Fields running the ball to save the day)
Can they keep it up? We will see. Scrambling QBs tend to get hurt in this league, but with all the protective rules in place these days... perhaps that can be mitigated.

All it takes is one instance of Fields taking is time getting up off the ground after a hit before he is ruled out due to "gross motor instability" by a spotter. Just ask Teddy Two Gloves.

#46714 1 year ago

I’m not going to get too excited about the Bears win, but I do like what I’m seeing out of their new coaching staff. Penalties 4 Takeaways 4. Such a refreshing change of pace from the previous regime.

#46715 1 year ago

I like Fields. Hopefully he keeps improving.

#46716 1 year ago

The bears win and all you can think about is the Packers.
Rent free?

Quoted from Jaybird815:

I personally enjoy what he's done to the bears

#46717 1 year ago

Bill "The GOAT" Bellichik deserves some slack due to his 2 decades of genius as a head coach that coincidentally coincided directly with him lucking into the greatest QB of all time...

But MAN is his handling of the whole Zappe/Jones thing bush league...the kind of thing you'd expect from the likes of Joe Judge or some other one-and-done scrub HC of a bad team.

You've got a guy the entire dwindling Pats Nation fanbase was in love with last season - Mac Jones - and you singlehandedly create a completely unnecessary QB controversy out of thin air by clumsily playing Jones for 6 snaps, then going to your backup scrub, and then making both of them look horrible in a blowout loss to the shitty ass Bears. Now Pats nation hates Mac Jones, and their latest savior shit the bed, and nobody knows who the fuck is gonna start next week, or why.

So what now? Bring in a new QB next season?

HE'S A FUCKIN GENIUS!!!

I guess the real question is how much longer does King hoodie hang around getting passes for doing the kind of dumb shit that gets rookie HCs canned all the time. Does he hang around long enough to take down Shula's record?

#46718 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

...Does he hang around long enough to take down Shula's record?

2 season after this rough math? For sure.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bill "The GOAT" Bellichik deserves some slack due to his 2 decades of genius as a head coach that coincidentally coincided directly with him lucking into the greatest QB of all time...

He def had a down decade when he was more interested in trading every pick for other picks than winning some more SB

#46719 1 year ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Canada’s teams next, Dak struggles against competent Ds.

Thanks! We got the bears next Sunday.. hopefully they're still in celebration mode from last nite! I have a feeling it's gonna be a close game tho.

#46721 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:[quoted image]

Had to Google it, but didn’t realize Hurts lost his job at Bama to Tua.

#46722 1 year ago

Falcons management deserves some credit for dumping Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for some draft picks.

#46723 1 year ago

Giants vs Seahawks is the only game this week featuring teams with winning records.

#46724 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Giants vs Seahawks is the only game this week featuring teams with winning records.

Maybe I can can do better than .500 in the pick um pool then……

Doubtful

#46725 1 year ago
Quoted from sanctumwear:

Falcons management deserves some credit for dumping Matt Ryan and Julio Jones for some draft picks.

you just can't trade with that team! but someone will go for Ridley in the offseason

#46726 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Had to Google it, but didn’t realize Hurts lost his job at Bama to Tua.

Don't watch much College Ball eh?

#46727 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't watch much College Ball eh?

Only when OSU or Bama are playing someone they may lose to, or when Bengals need a QB.

#46728 1 year ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Only when OSU or Bama are playing someone they may lose to...

Well Bama was going to lose...till Tua time second half.

#46729 1 year ago

Aaron Rodgers ran a bus over his teammates today:

“It’s definitely not just one play here or there,” Rodgers said. “It’s 20 percent of the time. If we have 50 plays and we have 10 missed assignments or mental errors, that’s 20 percent of the time. So that’s way too high. In the past we were looking more like, less than 10 percent, so that gives us a really good chance to be successful. 20 percent, that’s way too high. That’s one play a series where you’re really making it tough on yourself. So we’ve got to fix that. I think guys who are making too many mistakes shouldn’t be playing. Gotta start cutting some reps. And maybe guys who aren’t playing, give them a chance.”

While that makes some sense, he doesn't admit he's part of the problem. His best receiver left and now he's struggling. And the Packers are married to him to at least 2025. Next year he counts as 31.6M of the cap. 2024 40.7M. 2025 59.3M. If they cut him in 2025 pre June 1st, 45.5M in dead money to save 13.8M. Yikes.

#46730 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

“It’s definitely not just one play here or there,” Rodgers said. “It’s 20 percent of the time. If we have 50 plays and we have 10 missed assignments or mental errors, that’s 20 percent of the time. So that’s way too high. In the past we were looking more like, less than 10 percent, so that gives us a really good chance to be successful. 20 percent, that’s way too high. That’s one play a series where you’re really making it tough on yourself. So we’ve got to fix that. I think guys who are making too many mistakes shouldn’t be playing. Gotta start cutting some reps. And maybe guys who aren’t playing, give them a chance.”
While that makes some sense, he doesn't admit he's part of the problem. His best receiver left and now he's struggling. And the Packers are married to him to at least 2025. Next year he counts as 31.6M of the cap. 2024 40.7M. 2025 59.3M. If they cut him in 2025 pre June 1st, 45.5M in dead money to save 13.8M. Yikes.

he or Brady will be a Colt one day. Book it!

#46731 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

So is he advocating to give Jordan Love a chance and admitting how shitty he's played? Nope, his ego won't allow it, he'd rather blame everyone else.

#46732 1 year ago
Quoted from Erik:

he or Brady will be a Colt one day. Book it!

Doubt that, Brady is done, and no one will take that Rodgers contract based on his current play.

#46733 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Doubt that, Brady is done, and no one will take that Rodgers contract based on his current play.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#46734 1 year ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

So is he advocating to give Jordan Love a chance and admitting how shitty he's played? Nope, his ego won't allow it, he'd rather blame everyone else.

Rodgers cares about Rodgers, easy to see. But I bet he never finishes his contract.

#46735 1 year ago

Aaron is having a bad year but that team is pretty devoid of talent. His receivers are atrocious.

I think it’s pretty clear that what EVERYBODY saw and knew last season - even the cheese heads here - was correct: Rodgers was done with the Pack, they were done with him, and the best thing for everybody involved was that he move on for one last shot with some other team ready to make a push.

For some reason which I still don’t really understand, that didn’t happen, and here we are.

I think he’d still have a couple good seasons in him in the right spot. We may never know, at some point it’s like who gives a shit? Not everybody had to be Brady.

#46736 1 year ago

They completely thought Adams would bow down and never think of leaving the almighty Rodgers.
Whoops

#46737 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Aaron is having a bad year but that team is pretty devoid of talent. His receivers are atrocious.
I think it’s pretty clear that what EVERYBODY saw and knew last season - even the cheese heads here - was correct: Rodgers was done with the Pack, they were done with him, and the best thing for everybody involved was that he move on for one last shot with some other team ready to make a push.
For some reason which I still don’t really understand, that didn’t happen, and here we are.
I think he’d still have a couple good seasons in him in the right spot. We may never know, at some point it’s like who gives a shit? Not everybody had to be Brady.

Agreed. But who takes Rodger's contract and the remaining 100M after this year? He's way too arrogant to renegotiate that deal.

#46740 1 year ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Agreed. But who takes Rodger's contract and the remaining 100M after this year? He's way too arrogant to renegotiate that deal.

He's owed 100 million guaranteed?

Look what Wilson just got paid, and he looked worse last year than Rodgers does this year.

Not sure the specifics of that contract, but I bet someone would be willing to take it on.

#46741 1 year ago

Most of the monies are in options...base is lowish

#46742 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He's owed 100 million guaranteed?
Look what Wilson just got paid, and he looked worse last year than Rodgers does this year.
Not sure the specifics of that contract, but I bet someone would be willing to take it on.

His fully guaranteed salary in 2023 is 59.5M in 2023 diluted with bonus etc spread over years. Cap hell. They will pay that over several years.

#46743 1 year ago

I mean whatever the fuck this means???

2023 option bonus: $58.3 million ($28.3 million paid with 10 days of option being exercised; $30 million on Sept. 30), which is prorated in 2023 through 2026 at $14.575 million each year.

#46744 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean whatever the fuck this means???
2023 option bonus: $58.3 million ($28.3 million paid with 10 days of option being exercised; $30 million on Sept. 30), which is prorated in 2023 through 2026 at $14.575 million each year.

Not a CPA but I think that means he can't use a 1040EZ

#46745 1 year ago

Rodgers contract is confusing. Cap hit is enormous, but it's worse for us the later he retires (we're in the reverse mortgage stage of his contract). If there's a no trade clause, it's a gentleman's agreement rather than written into the contract. He is tradeable. I personally love the irsay idea.

His arm is still there, but we're getting a glimpse of what he'll look like once it fades by way of his injured thumb. His comments on the guys making mistakes don't bother me a ton... except maybe that means we start Love. Some of the guys starting in those WR spots making mistakes are rookies. You don't normally need to elevate the second WR you selected in this year's draft to your WR1 spot, so expect some mistakes, AARON. I think he's mostly speaking of our TEs and specifically Amari Rodgers, who we inexplicably set back as our returner despite his inability to cleanly field or get return yardage.

The roster is solid in most other areas. The OL needs to have shit figured out. It sure seems like Bahktiari is never going to be the same again, and might just be done. That situation has been mishandled, including leading up to the WFT game where our eventual starter didn't know he'd be playing when he woke up the morning of the game. Our coaching there has taken a serious hit.

Defense has some great players to build around (gary, alexander, clark). They've shown flashes, but haven't lived up to their top 5 projection. Part of that seems to be coaching, but a good chunk comes from the offense refusing to put an emphasis on controlling the ball.

I don't know who is responsible for the pass-centric offensive calls, but it would seem like rodgers is checking out of runs. That might work when you've got vets, legit deep threats, and a fully-functional thumb to make defenses play honest. We don't have any of those things right now, and we're not fooling anyone into thinking we do. Run the fucking ball.

#46746 1 year ago

I don't know who is responsible for the pass-centric offensive calls, but it would seem like rodgers is checking out of runs. That might work when you've got vets, legit deep threats, and a fully-functional thumb to make defenses play honest. We don't have any of those things right now, and we're not fooling anyone into thinking we do. Run the fucking ball.

Rushing avg isn't that well though...of course more work could be beneficial; That Commandos total was really low.

#46747 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Rushing avg isn't that well though...of course more work could be beneficial; That Commandos total was really low.

We held a 14 point lead and had 12 total attempts with a 3.2 average. Not nearly bad enough to warrant total abandonment, especially considering circumstance.

#46748 1 year ago

We held a 14 point lead and had 12 total attempts with a 3.2 average. Not nearly bad enough to warrant total abandonment, especially considering circumstance.

Yeah its almost like Rodgers is a cancerous diva bitch.

#46749 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah its almost like Rodgers is a cancerous diva bitch.

How many NFC Championship games has Rodgers lost again? And how many of those with the ball in his hands?

At least the Saints can blame the officials for their lack of Super Bowl appearances.

#46750 1 year ago

We held a 14 point lead and had 12 total attempts with a 3.2 average...

Oh for the record I meant the rushing attempts that game were really low.
Even the past couple games were low @ around 20....but 12?!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

There are 75,572 posts in this topic. You are on page 935 of 1,512.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/935?hl=rezdog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.