pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 1,514.
#401 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

KC Chiefs are leading the AFC West at 3 - 0, and beat two NFC East teams to get there.

What's the relevance? NFC East sucks.

#402 10 years ago

I agree the Eagles aren't headed to the Super Bowl this coming Feb.

Next game for the Chiefs is at home on Sun Sep 29 against NYG (another NFC East team).
I realize they Giants are 0 - 2 so far this year, but they are at least scoring points on offense.
They are just having problems keeping their opponents from scoring a lot.
Anyhow, I think it will be a big deal to KC if they can beat the Giants (a recent Super Bowl Championship team), and go to 4 - 0.

And it always feels good to beat the Cowboys. Seems like a big win for KC to me.

#403 10 years ago

And it always feels good to beat the Cowboys. Seems like a big win for KC to me.

A big win? To beat a team who has won ONE playoff game in the last 16 years?

But on a more serious note, I do not want to diminish what the Chiefs have done. Hell, they already have one more win than they did all of last season! I'm not a big fan of Alex Smith, but he's better than whoever it was they had, and Reid is definitely a good coach. Cowboys do have talent, but they constantly under-achieve.

#404 10 years ago

Gee RobT,

When you say it like that, it makes one realize just how bad the Cowboys have been disappointing their fans for years now.

I see that the Rams are at Dallas this coming Sunday, and the Cowboys are only favored to win by 3-1/2 to 4 points.

#405 10 years ago

When I watch the Cowboys, it makes me feel a lot better about the condition of my teams.

#406 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Way to go new management in Cleveland, terrible trade. Season ticket holders just got a bit more pissed off.

Dammit Norv!!! Now Browns know how we Charger fans felt with Norv Turner!

#407 10 years ago

Gee RobT,

When you say it like that, it makes one realize just how bad the Cowboys have been disappointing their fans for years now.

Cowboys fans realize it, believe me.

What's amazing to me is how non-Cowboys fans continue to love to hate the Cowboys and always think of them as having lost to an underdog 90% of the time they lose a game which is rarely accurate.

They are your typical 9-7 to 8-8 team despite having some really good talent. Coaching has been bad for a long time.

Time for Jimmy to come back.

#408 10 years ago

giants over KC. NY is due for a win. I hate them, but coughlin is too good a coach to go 0-3. Plus KC is emotionally drained from getting win in Philly for reid. IMO.

Dallas goes how romo goes. Some days pinpoint accuracy, other days its interception city. I don't hate the cowboys, even though I'm a philly guy. I just hate their owner.

#409 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

but coughlin is too good a coach to go 0-3.

Giants defense is full on pathetic this year. -2 points in fantasy football in my league, dead last.

#410 10 years ago

let me ammend previous prediction. Giants beat panthers this week. Then its a toss up in KC. KC might have edge with extra prep time and its home. Plus reid knows coughlin well. I want to see how banged up giants are after tomoorw to call it, but early nod goes to KC.

looking forward to colts 49ers. Didn't recognize 49ers last week as same team that beat green bay. Bears steelers is also interesting.

seahawks vs jax, why bother? 19 1/2 is the line. Thought jax might rebound last week after being humiliated first week with 2 points. nope, they just stink.

#411 10 years ago

Talk about another team that looks unbelievably awful this year, wow! I guess its early enough for any team to rebound, the year the Giants won that Super Bowl against the Pats, the Packers DESTROYED them early in the season and I specifically remember how I thought the Giants have to be by far the worst team in the NFL.

edit-the 08 playoff year is what I was thinking ^^^ I forget the Giants took the Pats down twice in the bowl.

#412 10 years ago

Changing of the guard.

#413 10 years ago

I think the Bears will beat the Steelers, but just barely. It seems the 2.5 points the Bears have to give up will prove to be pretty accurate.

#414 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Talk about another team that looks unbelievably awful this year, wow! I guess its early enough for any team to rebound,

Steeler Nation reporting for duty Sir! The Steelers are bad but not as bad as you think...it's much worse. Knew this last year that Todd Haley would blow this team up. Total douche, everyone hates him, Tomlin passable coach AT BEST whom brought him in, recipe for the end. Unless big changes this team is dead for years to come. Coaches need to go...but Pitt so obsessed with having only 3 caoches since 69 probably wont happen.
Steelers turning into lions before my very eyes..I need 2 new teams.

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

.I need 2 new teams.

I heard the packers are accepting new fans .

#416 10 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I heard the packers are accepting new fans .

Packers are weak sausage. I'm sensing a new NFC challenger coming up. Cause Sqwauks, Pack, & 49ers don't impress me much.

#417 10 years ago

Or you could watch Hockey! There's a slight amount of integrity left in the game. No just angry old drunks, bandwagon jumpers and people who actually understand the sport if you just don't to have your wife/GF doesn't pretend to like the sport when she looks at man ass all day. Steroid induced man ass with out on ounce of discipline ( after averaging it out). You know all they want is spokesperson jobs. They are not entertainers an not very professional about it. Giants fan here I'm hoping they lose every game. This sport has lost it's integrity. I love the game but not the fact that the NFLis the new NBA of the early 2000's. Boycott this stuff, especially if you have athletic children. Athletes need a nice reality check. I love football and will watch it. Can't we all agree it's out of hand?

#418 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I need 2 new teams.

You can hop on my bandwagon! Then you can be double dissapointed at the end of the year.

#419 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

Or you could watch Hockey! There's a slight amount of integrity left in the game. No just angry old drunks, bandwagon jumpers and people who actually understand the sport if you just don't to have your wife/GF doesn't pretend to like the sport when she looks at man ass all day. Steroid induced man ass with out on ounce of discipline ( after averaging it out). You know all they want is spokesperson jobs. They are not entertainers an not very professional about it. Giants fan here I'm hoping they lose every game. This sport has lost it's integrity. I love the game but not the fact that the NFLis the new NBA of the early 2000's. Boycott this stuff, especially if you have athletic children. Athletes need a nice reality check. I love football and will watch it. Can't we all agree it's out of hand?

To ignore or not to ignore

#420 10 years ago

Packers are still the real deal. Balanced offense and a leader on D.
I wouldn't count steelers out yet. Rothlesberger is damn tough to bring down. If he gets injured though, then stick a fork in them, but as long as he's healthy, still a threat.
49'ers are still 2 notches above average. Just need QB to stop believing his press and settle down.
Its still early, if any QB goes down, chic, wash,ind,NE, then forget about it.
As much as I hate giants, they will probably be in playoffs. They have a way of squeeking in and then peaking.

#421 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

Rothlesberger is damn tough to bring down. If he gets injured though, then stick a fork in them, but as long as he's healthy, still a threat.

He's a threat when the offense is set up for it. He does a couple things REALLY well; long bombs, extending the play, buying time. Haley offense is the exact opposite of all those things...horrible.

#422 10 years ago
Quoted from FiveSixPyro:

I hear you. Every sack ends in a pose. Everyone is showing off hair. Instant replays every 5 minutes. Anything close is called, horsecollar tackle, helmet to helmet, late hits. I think out of the pocket pass should be intentional grounding. Its like calling timeout in the middle of a play.Automatic instant replay on TDs.

#423 10 years ago

Also, years ago they wouldn't acknowledge fantasy football. Now they build whole shows around it.

#424 10 years ago

Cmon PACKERS!!!! Big road game today against a solid Bengal team. My fantasy team needs another big Arodge game! Playing against Jetzxi today, hopefully he didnt set his lineup as he has been searching for a BigDick for himself.

#425 10 years ago

Ouch ! down by 14 and Finley just almsot got his head ripped off .

#426 10 years ago

Chargers are hanging tough in a hostile environment, and the fish get to test their metal agains the Falcons this afternoon. We'll know by the end of the day if theses teams are actual contenders or just pretenders.

#427 10 years ago

Right now I feel stupid for picking the Giants to win their division.

#428 10 years ago

At least the Chargers added a little comedy in their defeat.

#429 10 years ago

Cowboys lead the weakest division in the NFL.

#430 10 years ago

giants shut out, min loses, gb loses,Sd loses. Next week I'm going with the george costanza method. Pick the OPPOSITE of what I'm thinking because its obvious I have no freaking clue anymore.

#431 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

giants shut out, min loses, gb loses,Sd loses. Next week I'm going with the george costanza method. Pick the OPPOSITE of what I'm thinking because its obvious I have no freaking clue anymore.

I hope you think the Steelers are going to beat the Bears.

#432 10 years ago

Tough game, but the fins are keeping it close.

#433 10 years ago

they just showed replay of sanchez fumbling last year when he ran into his own players butt. God I forgot how funny that was.
sorry,picked bears over steelers, buffalo over jets.

#434 10 years ago

Oh nooooo!

#435 10 years ago

Well that Packers Game was a Rollercoaster ride that ended in a firery wreck .

#436 10 years ago

Nice game winning drive by Tannehill and company against one of the NFCs best. Look out Patriots, the Dolphins are for real!

#437 10 years ago

Jesster, you might have got the Bears pick right!

#438 10 years ago

like they say, even a broken clock has the correct time twice a day. It was just an all out massacre today. I watch football every week. I read the papers. I watch sports center. I watch for updates. 6 right and 9 wrong. I thought san fran and green bay were no brainers. I thought the giants and minn easy wins. I would have done better picking my favorite colors or just closing my eyes and throwing darts. If I lived in vegas I'd be broke. By some miracle I'm still in my elimination league. I'm almost surprised jax didn't beat seattle to knock me out. A lot of people out thanks to minn this week so I'm not the only one who belongs in the loony bin.

#439 10 years ago

The reason why SD lost was because of the conservative play calling by Coach McCoy. It's hard to believe that one more first down would have won it for us.

#440 10 years ago
Quoted from txstargazer3:

Cowboys lead the weakest division in the NFL.

Correct.

Nothing for me to be too excited about. But...I will take it.

#441 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's a threat when the offense is set up for it. He does a couple things REALLY well; long bombs, extending the play, buying time. Haley offense is the exact opposite of all those things...horrible.

Couldn't agree more.

I can't believe Haley is still there. Horrible is right.

#443 10 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Couldn't agree more.
I can't believe Haley is still there. Horrible is right.

I found it pretty obvious last night that the offense started picking up when they were down so far and Rothlisberger just started calling his own plays.

I appreciated the low key knock on Haley from the announcers also. When speaking aboot the Bears coaching staff "using the teams already established verbage instead of installing his own; Veteran's appreciate that." Which of course was the well documented opposite of what Haley did.

#444 10 years ago
Quoted from jesster64:

I thought san fran and green bay were no brainers.

Maybe you're on to something there.

#445 10 years ago

I picked Minn and paid for it. SF/GB are shaky to me, more SF though. "Sophmore slump" doesn;t seem to be a term used anymore but I still look out for it. GB wasn't that bad because Bengels are for real.

#446 10 years ago

df21bc13-8877-34d3-82ff-0fea56782b2c..jpegdf21bc13-8877-34d3-82ff-0fea56782b2c..jpeg

#447 10 years ago

Is Centerflank OK after the GB / Bengals game?

#448 10 years ago

Better check on Trophy also.

#449 10 years ago

Id be more upset if I hadnt landed 2 good deals on (new to me) pins

Spiderman and Centaur!!!!!

#450 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I picked Minn and paid for it. SF/GB are shaky to me, more SF though. "Sophmore slump" doesn;t seem to be a term used anymore but I still look out for it. GB wasn't that bad because Bengels are for real.

It was obvious to me last year that it wasn't going to work with Haley. Ben don't seem to care for him much. Was really surprised to see him back this year. I don't like the Steelers though, so I hope they keep him for a long time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.