Topic Stats

• 20,298 posts
  • 351 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 23 minutes ago by CrazyLevi
  • Topic is favorited by 25 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,634 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20200117-132517 (resized).png
6C0C2D2F-3AB8-4D99-AD5F-CD83F3B03453 (resized).jpeg
3B190141-0330-4BFA-A7F1-0D6FABC42DB7 (resized).jpeg
8CBA57CC-DFED-4A7D-90F7-96840E4BE4A3 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200116-125659~2 (resized).png
Pinside Trolls (resized).jpg
185D3827-2348-4FFA-8FC7-10F9F1C87642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20200115_152246_01 (resized).png
FB95IMG951579051509003 (resized).jpg
image000000 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200114_161308 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
25C1183B-9740-42D6-A50F-42506AD868F8 (resized).jpeg
images.jpg
hi-res-c09e2c6bcec4e190572e17edfad479f5_crop_north.jpg
Peace (resized).jpg

There are 20298 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 406.
#4351 4 years ago

is this real? WTF

#4352 4 years ago

Im more worried about stuff like this than the play clock being reset by officials for what was most likely a spotting the ball issue.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/video-shows-49ers-fans-beating-on-vikings-fan-after-monday-night-game-180955657.html

#4353 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Im more worried about stuff like this than the play clock being reset by officials for what was most likely a spotting the ball issue.
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/video-shows-49ers-fans-beating-on-vikings-fan-after-monday-night-game-180955657.html

What's with the 12 year old girl who starts kicking him near the end....WTF?

#4354 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

What's with the 12 year old girl who starts kicking him near the end....WTF?

Maybe she can attend anger management courses with Pacman.

#4355 4 years ago

Wow, scary stuff. I attended a Brewers game at Dodger stadium. It was pretty hostile, and I couldn't quite figure out why... I mean.. do you really hate Brewers fans? Isn't your energy better spent harassing fans with a good team?

I went to the last game of the season at Chicago for that 12/18 game winning TD to take the division. We spoke with a lot of Bears fans, and everyone we encountered was cordial and even complimentary. A few older fans even bought us some drinks before the game.

It's all anecdotal and circumstantial obviously, but I was impressed that a rival fan was treated as well as we were in Chicago.

#4356 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

It's all anecdotal and circumstantial obviously, but I was impressed that a rival fan was treated as well as we were in Chicago.

It's a midwest thing I think. Chicagoans do have class when it comes to sports, especially Bears fans. We respect the rivalry between GB and the rest of the division. It's made for some great football. In the end, it's just an awesome game. Root for your team but do it with class win or lose. Enjoying the game and rivalries together is more fun.

#4357 4 years ago

Here is my problem....Adrian Peterson gets suspended for a year for punishing his child a bit too harsh but a player assaults another player on the field and gets a bush-league fine.

If one of you assaulted a co-worker.....How do you think that would go?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000531704/article/adam-jones-fined-35000-for-amari-cooper-incident

#4358 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Here is my problem....Adrian Peterson gets suspended for a year for punishing his child a bit too harsh but a player assaults another player on the field and gets a bush-league fine.
If one of you assaulted a co-worker.....How do you think that would go?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000531704/article/adam-jones-fined-35000-for-amari-cooper-incident

I agree that what Jones did was ridiculous, and he probably should've been suspended. But calling what he did assault is a bit much I think. If what he did on the field was assault, then so was the closed fist punch cooper gave him moments before was too. A player that doesn't have the ball cannot do what cooper did to Jones.

http://m.700wlw.com/onair/eddie-tracy-46880/wait-waitdid-amari-cooper-punch-adam-13945575/

Also, comparing a defenseless child to grown men fighting on the football field is completely different too.

Also, I am totally a bias Bengals fan and I was embarrassed at what I saw on Sunday.

#4359 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I agree that what Jones did was ridiculous, and he probably should've been suspended. But calling what he did assault is a bit much I think. If what he did on the field was assault, then so was the closed fist punch cooper gave him moments before was too. A player that doesn't have the ball cannot do what cooper did to Jones.
http://m.700wlw.com/onair/eddie-tracy-46880/wait-waitdid-amari-cooper-punch-adam-13945575/
Also, comparing a defenseless child to grown men fighting on the football field is completely different too.
Also, I am totally a bias Bengals fan and I was embarrassed at what I saw on Sunday.

That's tough to tell what happens in that video, looks like a stiff arm to the face mask attempt

#4360 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That's tough to tell what happens in that video, looks like a stiff arm to the face mask attempt

I agree, but my point was that you cannot stiff arm a player when you don't have the ball and they are not trying to tackle you. Cooper made an illegal block essentially and it went unnoticed. Then Pacman got all pissy and did what he did. Again, Pacman is the one at fault and deserves a suspension, but not as egregious as a lot of people have made it out to be IMO.

#4361 4 years ago

Yeah, illegal hands to the face for sure. But smashing someone's head into the helmet after you ripped it off is pretty serious. Imagine if he had done it just a bit harder and cooper got hemorrhage issues or a concussion. It's assault no way around it, suspension is needed but won't happen apparently.

#4362 4 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

It's a midwest thing I think. Chicagoans do have class when it comes to sports, especially Bears fans. We respect the rivalry between GB and the rest of the division. It's made for some great football. In the end, it's just an awesome game. Root for your team but do it with class win or lose. Enjoying the game and rivalries together is more fun.

I have gone to 3 Jags games since moving here and there are always just as many, if not more, people wearing the opposing team's jerseys as the Jaguars. It must be a Florida thing (a lot of transplants here) because it got so bad the Tampa Bay Lightning would not allow fans to wear the opposing teams' jerseys during the playoffs.

#4363 4 years ago

Adrian Peterson gets suspended for a year for punishing his child a bit too harsh

He BEAT his kid bloody with a tree branch. That's "a bit too harsh"? No there is only one word for that. ABUSE. Anyone trying to downplay the severity of that is pretty much condoning it.

#4364 4 years ago

Settle down, he's not condoning child abuse. I'm not sure how you read that..?

Whatever your thoughts, AP served a penalty that was not insignificant. Pacman gets no penalty for an assault. Are you condoning assault?

#4365 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

He BEAT his kid bloody with a tree branch. That's "a bit too harsh"? No there is only one word for that. ABUSE. Anyone trying to downplay the severity of that is pretty much condoning it.

Yeah, I condone it. (comment removed)

#4366 4 years ago

Settle down, he's not condoning child abuse. I'm not sure how you read that..?
Whatever your thoughts, AP served a penalty that was not insignificant. Pacman gets no penalty for an assault. Are you condoning assault?

If it was assault he would've been arrested, forget suspensions.

#4367 4 years ago

The intent was to harm him outside of normal play. Why isn't that assault?

We see this all too often, I'm not sure why it's not considered assault to stop on someone's head, kick someone in the balls, or slam their head against the ground or helmet after a play is over?

I'm no lawyer, but why wouldn't this qualify as assault/battery? The intent was clear. This occurred outside of normal play, so I would think that any implied consent from being a football player wouldn't be relevant. I don't believe a professional athlete should be immune to egregious attempts to harm others in between plays just because their profession is inherently violent.

#4368 4 years ago

The intent was to harm him outside of normal play. Why isn't that assault?
We see this all too often, I'm not sure why it's not considered assault to stop on someone's head, kick someone in the balls, or slam their head against the ground or helmet after a play is over?
I'm no lawyer, but why wouldn't this qualify as assault/battery? The intent was clear. This occurred outside of normal play, so I would think that any implied consent from being a football player wouldn't be relevant. I don't believe a professional athlete should be immune to egregious attempts to harm others in between plays just because their profession is inherently violent.

I agree, and that is a very good question. It does seem that a lot of these scrums that occur after the play is over are totally instances where the players would face legal action had it happened outside on the streets. Either way, It was stupid, and I hope I don't see anything like that again this year, but I think that is wishful thinking.

#4369 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Yeah, I condone it. You are a f#cking moron.

Your words not mine. And thanks for the personal attack. Completely expect it from a classy individual like yourself.

#4370 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Your words not mine. And thanks for the personal attack. Completely expect it from a classy individual like yourself.

You are welcome

#4371 4 years ago

Back to football:

SEA @ GB

It looks like Kam Chancellor will be out vs the Pack on Sunday night. I can't understand why a guy that plays one year out of his four year deal thinks he has a right to hold out. I imagine his teammates are a bit disgusted after the week 1 loss.

I'm still nervous to see how our run defense fares against Lynch, and Wilson for that matter. I expect both of them to get some pretty good yardage on the ground. I also expect that Jimmy Graham will get a lot of targets.

GB really likes the 3WR sets, which helps to move Cobb inside where he's the biggest threat. We'll likely see a lot of 3WR formations again this week after Jones had a big game in his return to the Pack in week 1!

#4372 4 years ago

I hope the bengals don't shit the bed this week. This game has let down written all over it against the Chargers. Not saying the Chargers area terrible team, but I think this is a game the Bengals should win. We will see. Look for me in the stands! I'll be the one in Bengals gear.

#4373 4 years ago

I'm still nervous to see how our run defense fares against Lynch, and Wilson for that matter.

We will hold them both to negative yards

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope the bengals don't shit the bed this week.

Ha! Yes, no shitting the bed. Rivers annoys me, I hope he gets sacked about 15 times.

#4374 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Alex, you accused him of condoning child abuse. That's a personal attack....and not exactly classy.

#4375 4 years ago

Breaking - GBP RT Bulaga left practice with a left knee injury. This is the same knee that kept him out of the 2014 season..

#4376 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Alex, you accused him of condoning child abuse. That's a personal attack....and not exactly classy.

No I said people who downplay it. I didn't say Him specifically. I didn't attack him in any way shape or form.

#4377 4 years ago

Have you guys seen the pictures of JPP's hand? He's missing half of his thumb.

#4378 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Yes.

image.jpg

Gross

#4379 4 years ago

That's awesome!

#4380 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He's done. At least with the Giants. They are going to pull back that franchise tag.

#4381 4 years ago

He'd basically be playing with a club. He won't have much ability to grab.

#4382 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

He'd basically be playing with a club. He won't have much ability to grab.

Here is to hoping he lays off those mini hot dogs or he will gain a lot of weight and never play again.

images.jpeg

#4383 4 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Hear is to hoping he lays off those mini hot dogs

The mini hot dog looks like his one finger.

He made mini hot dogs out of his fingers!!

#4384 4 years ago

Fantasy: Tom Brady against the Bills, or Romo v Philly? Basically I don't think I should sit a healthy Brady this year, but I am willing to hear arguments.

#4385 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fantasy: Tom Brady against the Bills, or Romo v Philly? Basically I don't think I should sit a healthy Brady this year, but I am willing to hear arguments.

Bills D is great. Romo didn't play well until the last 2 mins of the game against the giants. I would say Brady but the bills are going to be in his grill all day. Typical rex blitz fest.

#4386 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Bills D is great. Romo didn't play well until the last 2 mins of the game against the giants. I would say Brady but the bills are going to be in his grill all day. Typical rex blitz fest.

Yeah, that is my only concern about Brady, but he destroyed the Bills in Buffalo last year, and didn't play in the other game. Brady does kinda stink against Rex teams, but I feel like if Romo beats out Brady on Sunday, it wont be by much, and Brady's upside is way higher than Romo's

#4387 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah, that is my only concern about Brady, but he destroyed the Bills in Buffalo last year, and didn't play in the other game. Brady does kinda stink against Rex teams, but I feel like if Romo beats out Brady on Sunday, it wont be by much, and Brady's upside is way higher than Romo's

Agreed. I think Brady has the potential for a bigger upside. Remember, no Dez in Dallas.

With Blount coming back this week that may draw some focus of the secondary to the line to stop the run potentially opening up some passing lanes.

#4388 4 years ago

Dez is out, too. I think DAL/PHI is going to be a pretty high scoring game with the quickened pace of play. Overall though, I think you're right, it's probably a toss up.

#4389 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Not too big on either this week, but I'd go Brady. No Dez hurts.

#4390 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Fantasy Pro's metadata says Romo over Brady in week two 78% to 22%.

#4391 4 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Fantasy Pro's metadata says Romo over Brady in week two 78% to 22%.

I guess I can afford to take the risk even though my gut says Brady. We each have 7 players left to play and I'm up over 20 points already. He had macklin and kelce and I had sanders and Charles.

#4392 4 years ago

eagles all over dallas this weekend. demarco murray should go nuts. Really looking forward to bill/pats. cant believe KC blew it last night. eli manning looked bad again, no one to throw too. beckham jr is going to get killed out there, big target on his back, leaving himself wide open with those acrobatic catches. just my 2 cents so far

#4393 4 years ago

Started romo over Brady. Brady killing it. Standard. Haha

#4394 4 years ago

This is the Buffalo team we were supposed to be worried about? Ha!

#4395 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Sitting Brady is foolish

#4396 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Belichick's reaction to sitting Brady

Belichick_reaction_to_sitting_Brady.jpg

#4397 4 years ago
Quoted from BeaglePuss:

This is the Buffalo team we were supposed to be worried about? Ha!

The Bills are a young team. A lot of potential but VERY undiciplined. Typical Rex team. Keep talking Buffalo.

#4398 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

#4399 4 years ago

Bears look great again today.

#4400 4 years ago

I went against my gut. Here's to Dallas trowing all night. Also I still should win the league I sat Brady so not as bad as it could've been.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 21.00
Boards
PinSound
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Machine - For Sale
Chicagoland, IL
$ 14.50
Electronics
PinballElectronics.com
$ 34.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 4.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 7.00
Various Other Swag
Project Pinball Charity
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 78.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
There are 20298 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 406.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside