pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,693 posts in this topic. You are on page 829 of 1,514.
#41401 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

LOL CANT UNSEE THAT

Will he be making little pudding passes lol

#41403 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]

LMAO but that is just wrong.

The ironic thing is Mayfield could be a fit for Houston if we can get him on the cheap…I don’t know if there is a hot prospect in this year’s draft and Houston doesn’t have to blow all the picks at once….they can sit until it’s valuable enough to draft the right QB for the long term and just build up draft picks. Now is the time for Houston to build a defense and O-line worthy of a franchise QB….they have the cap space to do it now. And they have to get a long term head coach…..but Lovie can probably get it done if he is given real talent. Would like to see him set up to succeed and not fail. I have faith the Texans will F it up though.

#41404 2 years ago

John Clayton has passed.One of the best.RIP.

#41405 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

John Clayton has passed.One of the best.RIP.

No way...legend.

#41406 2 years ago

John Clayton was great at what he did. I'll never forget when he was on whatever show opposite Sean Salisbury. Clayton was professional and informed. Sean Salisbury was a former athlete.

#41407 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The ironic thing is Mayfield could be a fit for Houston if we can get him on the cheap…I don’t know if there is a hot prospect in this year’s draft and Houston doesn’t have to blow all the picks at once….they can sit until it’s valuable enough to draft the right QB for the long term and just build up draft picks. Now is the time for Houston to build a defense and O-line worthy of a franchise QB….they have the cap space to do it now. And they have to get a long term head coach…..but Lovie can probably get it done if he is given real talent. Would like to see him set up to succeed and not fail. I have faith the Texans will F it up though.

Baker is easily the best guy available now so I wouldn't think he'd be too cheap, at least a few teams will be after him.

#41408 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Sean Salisbury was a former athlete.

Pure road rage...such a piece of shit that guy.

#41409 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I thought Davis Mills showed some promise. I'd roll with him in year two rather than trading picks or drafting a qb.

#41410 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I thought Davis Mills showed some promise. I'd roll with him in year two rather than trading picks or drafting a qb.

The team publicly said they are behind him as well. I don't think they plan on drafting another qb but we'll see! They definitely have some extra picks coming up in the next few drafts.. he has this season to prove himself. Not like in Indy where they didn't even have a back up plan... and still went with that option!

#41411 2 years ago

I would take Winston , Bridgewater or even Tyrod Taylor over baker. We will see if his other shoulder will hold up this season.. heck, I'd take Case Keenum or the red rifle over Baker!

#41412 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I mean they did trade three 1st round picks for Lance just last year

I think they traded two first rounders 2022, 2023, and they swapped last years first round pick. Was that too much? My guess is probably, but only time will tell

#41413 2 years ago

Either way they need to ship Jimmy G’s noodle arm ass out of town and find out.

You don’t make that kind of investment to have your guy “learn on the bench” by watching the likes of Jimmy G. Maybe 20 years ago that would fly but these days that shit is over. It’s all about rookie contracts and finding out what you got.

#41414 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I think they traded two first rounders 2022, 2023, and they swapped last years first round pick. Was that too much? My guess is probably, but only time will tell

I mean his selection cost three firsts and a third. That's Wilson and Watson territory, albeit on the cheap.

#41415 2 years ago

I read something like Watson's new base salary is just $1M or something. They anticipate a possible suspension so the lost salary would be minimized

#41416 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220319-142509_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220319-142509_Brave (resized).jpg
#41417 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

[quoted image]

Gee, I wonder why they didn't include 2018?

#41418 2 years ago

Suck egg Jimmy G been here about 3 years and all we have to show for it is
1 superbowl 1 nfc championship
A bad year ,injured most of the season
1 game away from the superbowl

I dont forget we lost the superbowl and this years nfc game
but yep we should tar and feather his ---.A lot of teams would love that for a 3 or 4 year run.
Only defending him because im a homer.now what can we get for him Colts Im waiting.

#41419 2 years ago

Bengals are waiting on Collins physical results and if good the deal will be done.

#41420 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I mean his selection cost three firsts and a third. That's Wilson and Watson territory, albeit on the cheap.

Its actually 2 firsts and a third....they swapped places last year...it looks like top tier QB's are trading for the same price albeit at a much higher cap cost.

#41421 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

1 superbowl 1 nfc championship
1 game away from the superbowl

With a good QB you could have 2 SB wins

#41422 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Its actually 2 firsts and a third....they swapped places last year...it looks like top tier QB's are trading for the same price albeit at a much higher cap cost.

His selection cost firsts in 2021, 2022, and 2023, plus a third this year.

#41423 2 years ago

@erik, the trend continues for the Titans. They acquire Robert Woods.

#41424 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Erik, the trend continues for the Titans. They acquire Robert Woods.

It was destined the moment his knee popped

#41425 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bengals are waiting on Collins physical results and if good the deal will be done.

He passed his physical and left Cincy without a contract. A signing is not dead but doesn’t sound good either.

https://apple.news/AYRdpNDa6QTyUVPFKfQJlLw

#41426 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He passed his physical and left Cincy without a contract. A signing is not dead but doesn’t sound good either.
https://apple.news/AYRdpNDa6QTyUVPFKfQJlLw

Im sure whoever he visits with will shell out more dollars. Will be disappointing to miss out on this one. Hopefully he is just doing his due diligence and using another offer as leverage. I am sure he would rather block for Burrow than Tua, but not if it costs him millions of dollars.

#41427 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Im sure whoever he visits with will shell out more dollars. Will be disappointing to miss out on this one. Hopefully he is just doing his due diligence and using another offer as leverage. I am sure he would rather block for Burrow than Tua, but not if it costs him millions of dollars.

And the weather is nicer in Cincinnati.

#41428 2 years ago

Bengals site says only thing left was his passing of physical so I guess we will know soon.

Quoted from Jaybird815:

#41429 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

It was destined the moment his knee popped

It’s a good low risk trade for them, they pretty much got him for nothing. Another plus about the trade is that it’s one less WR option for the Packers.

#41430 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

His selection cost firsts in 2021, 2022, and 2023, plus a third this year.

Yes, but they got a first round pick in 2021, which is what they used to draft Lance...therefore the net cost was two first rounders, and third round

#41431 2 years ago

We got hosed,change my mind

#41432 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Yes, but they got a first round pick in 2021, which is what they used to draft Lance...therefore the net cost was two first rounders, and third round

The 2021 pick was used to select him so it is part of the cost!

#41433 2 years ago
Quoted from newovad:

Gee, I wonder why they didn't include 2018?

3 out 5 1st rd QBs from 2018 are no longer with the team that drafted them, the new trend in the NFL.

#41434 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

3 out 5 1st rd QBs from 2018 are no longer with the team that drafted them, the new trend in the NFL.

You're jumping the gun on Mayfield!

What's the deal with Roquan Smith? Is he going to get an extension?

#41435 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

You're jumping the gun on Mayfield!
What's the deal with Roquan Smith? Is he going to get an extension?

Haha, you’re right, they just did sign Brissett to back up Watson tho.

Smith will get an extension sometime this year, he’ll be the highest paid ILB in the NFL. He’s a beast.

#41436 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Another plus about the trade is that it’s one less WR option for the Packers.

There are still plenty of guys you've never heard of out there.

#41437 2 years ago

You think they’ll go WR in 1st rd or try and trade some picks for a star WR?

#41438 2 years ago

Wow, they sound great!

#41439 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I get what you’re saying, but it sounds like SF still “spent” three first round picks on Lance (their ‘21, ‘22, and ‘23 picks all went to acquiring him). If they hadn’t done that deal they’d have taken a different player with their original ‘21 first round pick, which they didn’t get to do because they spent that pick on Lance.

#41440 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

You think they’ll go WR in 1st rd or try and trade some picks for a star WR?

I'd like to get an option or two in FA and retain picks, then take at least one guy with one of those first 4 picks.

I'm not really sure why we're waiting around at this point.

#41441 2 years ago

I just read that the Commanders lost their Budweiser sponsorship. Snyder’s hands-on management style has its costs, apparently.

#41442 2 years ago

I'd like to get an option or two in FA and retain picks, then take at least one guy with one of those first 4 picks.

It’s getting thin in FA, reports are both OBJ and Landry are going to remain with their teams. I am surprised they didn’t make an offer for Woods, it only cost Ten a 6th rd pick.

#41443 2 years ago

Because all the options suck. Hard pass on OBJ, Julio, and Fuller.

Crowder might be worth a shot or maybe a cheap trade for Brandin Cooks

#41444 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I get what you’re saying, but it sounds like SF still “spent” three first round picks on Lance (their ‘21, ‘22, and ‘23 picks all went to acquiring him). If they hadn’t done that deal they’d have taken a different player with their original ‘21 first round pick, which they didn’t get to do because they spent that pick on Lance.

This is a bizarre contortion NFL fans of teams who traded three first round draft picks to draft a scrub QB often come up with.

I remember hearing this 10 years ago on a Redskins forum (before I got thrown off). "Why do people keep saying we traded three first-round picks and a 2nd for RG3?! We REALLY ONLY TRADED TWO!!!"

Hey whatever helps you sleep at night.

#41445 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Because all the options suck. Hard pass on OBJ, Julio, and Fuller.
Crowder might be worth a shot or maybe a cheap trade for Brandin Cooks

I'd like Fuller on a prove it deal. I want nothing to do with OBJ, especially after that injury. I would have really liked Chark if we knew that 17 wasn't coming back. Oh well.

At this point I thinks it's likely we bring back MVS, probably an under the radar FA, and grab someone in the draft.

#41446 2 years ago

I'd like Fuller on a prove it deal. I want nothing to do with OBJ, especially after that injury. I would have really liked Chark if we knew that 17 wasn't coming back. Oh well.
At this point I thinks it's likely we bring back MVS, probably an under the radar FA, and grab someone in the draft.

Cole Beasley is available. Marcus Johnson too if they fancy a fast-in-his-shorts guy

Edit: wouldn't touch an old guy who got caught with PEDs in Fuller. How many are the same after that? Also missed time with some personal issue so who knows what that's about. And without Tua expect disaster

Double edit: not as old as I thought.

#41448 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:This is a bizarre contortion NFL fans of teams who traded three first round draft picks to draft a scrub QB often come up with.
I remember hearing this 10 years ago on a Redskins forum (before I got thrown off). "Why do people keep saying we traded three first-round picks and a 2nd for RG3?! We REALLY ONLY TRADED TWO!!!"
Hey whatever helps you sleep at night.

Not surprised u got thrown off Because it's a fact. Niners moved up to the number 3 pick by giving away their first round pick in the 2021 draft. They gave an additional 2 first rounders and a 3rd in order to do that. Yes they used 3 first rounders to get Lance, but they only gave away 2 additional first rounders, and a 3rd to get him.

#41449 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Not surprised u got thrown off Because it's a fact. Niners moved up to the number 3 pick by giving away their first round pick in the 2021 draft. They gave an additional 2 first rounders and a 3rd in order to do that. Yes they used 3 first rounders to get Lance, but they only gave away 2 additional first rounders, and a 3rd to get him.

So in other words, they traded 3 first rounders for Trey Lance.

Hope that works out!

#41450 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So in other words, they traded 3 first rounders for Trey Lance.
Hope that works out!

I mean, he has some big shoes to fill.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,693 posts in this topic. You are on page 829 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/829 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.