pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 814 of 1,514.
#40651 2 years ago

theathletic said Commandos will offer a first round pick for Jimmy G

#40652 2 years ago

Jimmy G hasn’t won shit!!

If he didn’t have that perfume de Patriots on him he would have been out of the league years ago!

(He sucks)

#40653 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

2-0 vs GB in the playoffs, hero!! And he’s dreamy!!

#40654 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If he didn’t have that perfume de Patriots on him he would have been out of the league years ago!
(He sucks)

tbh I don't see a 1st either. Just thought it was an interesting take

Long term better off with a terrible qb than a middling one imo

#40655 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’ll be gone well before the Bengals pick.

We shall see!

#40656 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

tbh I don't see a 1st either. Just thought it was an interesting take
Long term better off with a terrible qb than a middling one imo

I think it’s a garbage take. With months to go before the draft, I suspect many, many nonsense takes will be made to fill print space and solicit clicks.

I’m fully prepared for Mitchell trub, marriota,
Or - god help us - Jimmy G being Washington’s QB next season.

I am not prepared for any of those options to cost a 1st round pick. Does not seem realistic to me. Makes zero sense.

#40657 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

He's not hurt. If Jason Kelce plays another year, the Eagles won't be as motivated to get him. Although who knows Roseman likes to draft in the trenches with #1's. With 3 1st round picks under #20 they can get any player in this draft. They will want pass rushers too.
I wouldn't put past him to package all 3 for a blockbuster QB trade.

Haven’t read anything following up on his injury from the bowl game. He definitely left with an injury during the game though.

#40658 2 years ago

I guess there’s a chance, most projections have him around 15, long fall to the Bengals at 31. But it is a position where it’s possible.

#40659 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

theathletic said Commandos will offer a first round pick for Jimmy G

I hope they do!

#40660 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I guess there’s a chance, most projections have him around 15, long fall to the Bengals at 31. But it is a position where it’s possible.

I doubt TN would pass on him either. Few teams are more committed to establishing the LOS and moving down the field in 20 plays. Cincy could maybe get the big UK guy tho

#40661 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Haven’t read anything following up on his injury from the bowl game. He definitely left with an injury during the game though.

He will be looked over hard at the combine. But he was back on the field at the Citrus Bowl.

#40662 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Or - god help us - Jimmy G being Washington’s QB next season.

JimmyG is good enough to win the NFC East. Y'all gotta start somewhere...

#40663 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Yeah but you don’t bring in a “stop Gap” guy at the cost of a first round pick.

Good enough to beat the giants or eagles, great, but you still don’t have a franchise QB

I told you, I would not be at all surprised if he’s a commander next season. But not for a 1st round pick.

#40664 2 years ago

205 days to Rams kickoff on 9/8 (just adjusting the # from an estimate of 209 to the actual)

Carry on... perpetual Tuesday/Wednesday...

#40665 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Too early to predict that.

#40666 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

He will be looked over hard at the combine. But he was back on the field at the Citrus Bowl.

For a bit. He didn’t finish the game. Trust me. Haha. No updates since the game is weird though. Makes me think maybe shutting him down was precautionary and it wasn’t that big of a deal.

#40667 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I could see them taking Neal, but no way Hutchinson.

Hutchinson has got to fall before the draft. He was manhandled in that game against NFL grade talent

#40668 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

205 days to Rams kickoff on 9/8 (just adjusting the # from an estimate of 209 to the actual)
Carry on... perpetual Tuesday/Wednesday...

This is how we do offseason here:

12 days until the combine
25 days until free agency
70 days until the draft

..then 134 days of delusional hype

#40669 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah but you don’t bring in a “stop Gap” guy at the cost of a first round pick.
Good enough to beat the giants or eagles, great, but you still don’t have a franchise QB
I told you, I would not be at all surprised if he’s a commander next season. But not for a 1st round pick.

Yes! JG to the commanders for a first and a third!

Make it happen!

Screenshot_20220216-064633-107 (resized).pngScreenshot_20220216-064633-107 (resized).png
#40670 2 years ago

Count me all in for Delusional Hype!

#40671 2 years ago

9D8BA258-3145-4D0E-AB30-CCE91199815B (resized).jpeg9D8BA258-3145-4D0E-AB30-CCE91199815B (resized).jpeg

#40672 2 years ago

A different team wins the NFC East every year, so who’s turn is it in 2022?

#40673 2 years ago

Ya know, it occurs to me that Washington guard Brandon Scherff, all pro, will likely be a free agent, having been franchised twice and with clearly no desire to re sign.

If the Bengals want to try buying their way out of their line issues by paying $20 million a year to a guy who is hurt 3-5 games a season, there are worse places to start.

One down, four to go!

#40674 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If the Bengals want to try buying their way out of their line issues by paying $20 million a year to a guy who is hurt 3-5 games a season, there are worse places to start.

Don't know if they"ll go that deep but I can't see them helping themselves relying on just draft picks and practice squads alone. They'll have to go FA route for at least 2 players

#40675 2 years ago

Speaking of roster moves, 2021 Curtis Samuel only had 6 more catches than CrazyLevi

Ya gotta wonder if Washington is happy paying him even more next year and seeing his name printed on their checks thru 2025

#40676 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ya know, it occurs to me that Washington guard Brandon Scherff, all pro, will likely be a free agent, having been franchised twice and with clearly no desire to re sign.
One down, four to go!

Lots of rumors in Bengal nation about this guy. I think at this point you do what you gotta do, its obvious the Bengals win if Burrow has any time to throw. Cant afford to dick around and wait for the draft IMO.

70 sacks on your franchise QB is quite the embarrassment. Especially after you watched him come off of the horrific knee injury last season. If the Bengals arent willing to spend money to protect him then I just assume he go to another team that will. It isnt fair to ruin a mans career who just got you to the Super Bowl with potatoes blocking for him.

#40677 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

If the Bengals arent willing to spend money to protect him then I just assume he go to another team that will

I'm with you, I'd not like losing Burrow but would rather let him go if Cincy won't do what is necessary. Sucks to even think that way but we are extremely fortunate he wasn't seriously hurt this year!

#40678 2 years ago

TN will release Saffold due to cap woes. He can still play but he has a hard time finishing games.

#40679 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Speaking of roster moves, 2021 Curtis Samuel only had 6 more catches than CrazyLevi
Ya gotta wonder if Washington is happy paying him even more next year and seeing his name printed on their checks thru 2025

He suffered a nagging injury during the offseason and was injured all year, barely playing at all.

Not much you can do. He's at the start of a big contract and isn't really cuttable till after next season at the earliest.

Try again next year and hope he's healthy. A healthy Samuel would be a big asset.

#40680 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Lots of rumors in Bengal nation about this guy. I think at this point you do what you gotta do, its obvious the Bengals win if Burrow has any time to throw. Cant afford to dick around and wait for the draft IMO.
70 sacks on your franchise QB is quite the embarrassment. Especially after you watched him come off of the horrific knee injury last season. If the Bengals arent willing to spend money to protect him then I just assume he go to another team that will. It isnt fair to ruin a mans career who just got you to the Super Bowl with potatoes blocking for him.

Exactly how I felt with Andrew Luck

#40681 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Exactly how I felt with Andrew Luck

There's always going to be a nagging temptation to take the flashy skill guy.

They could have drafted OL in the top of the 1st round but couldn't resist Jamar Chase.

It got them to the Super Bowl.

Fortunately for Bengals fans this time around, I doubt there will be a Jamar Chase type available at 31.

#40682 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's always going to be a nagging temptation to take the flashy skill guy.
They could have drafted OL in the top of the 1st round but couldn't resist Jamar Chase.
It got them to the Super Bowl.
Fortunately for Bengals fans this time around, I doubt there will be a Jamar Chase type available at 31.

Chase was 100 percent because of Burrow. If he didnt insist they grab him they would have ended up with the dude whose name I cant spell. They got that, now its time to protect, haha.

#40683 2 years ago

Cowboy's paid 2.4M because of a locker room peeping Tom.

#40684 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Cowboy's paid 2.4M because of a locker room peeping Tom.

Keep it classy Big D...what is it with the NFC East and cheerleader-targeted perversion?

---
Each of the women received $399,523.27 after the incident. One of the cheerleaders alleged that she clearly saw Richard Dalrymple, the Cowboys' longtime senior vice president for public relations and communications, standing behind a partial wall in their locker room with his iPhone extended toward them while they were changing their clothes, according to several people with knowledge of the events and letters later sent by attorneys for the cheerleaders to the team. Dalrymple gained entry to the back door of the cheerleaders' locked dressing room by using a security key card.

Dalrymple also was accused by a lifelong Cowboys fan of taking "upskirt" photos of Charlotte Jones Anderson, a team senior vice president and the daughter of team owner Jerry Jones, in the Cowboys' war room during the 2015 NFL draft, according to documents obtained by ESPN and interviews. The fan signed an affidavit that he was watching a livestream of the war room on the team's website when he said he saw the alleged incident.

#40685 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That Rodgers ship sailing away has docked in Green Bay for sure. I don;t think he has any real NFC option and AFC is pretty stacked.
After his ass kissing GB at the MVP thing he's happy...well happy as the miserable fuck can be.

Now I'm double sure with the Sheman Whoodley dis-engagement coming out.

#40686 2 years ago

It would be a brilliantly daring move for the Pats to bring Flores on to replace the recently departed McDaniels, and maybe even set him a course to take the HC role to aid (and possibly extend the career of) an aging BB

#40688 2 years ago

This is why the block list exists I guess. Best not to engage.

#40689 2 years ago

I'm gay and I also think you're a fucking moron. Your friends can certainly do better. If you're not here to talk football, please GTFO.

#40690 2 years ago

Rams GM Les Snead wore a shirt with "fuck them pics" at the parade today in reference to trading away draft pics to build their team. You can't argue with success.

Will other teams follow suit?

les-snead-shirt (resized).jpgles-snead-shirt (resized).jpg
#40691 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Rams GM Les Snead wore a shirt with "fuck them pics" at the parade today in reference to trading away draft pics to build their team. You can't argue with success.
[quoted image]

It makes sense to me. Great to see a GM do something outside the norm and stick with it.

#40692 2 years ago

As we've said I imagine many teams will try it, thats how the league works. See he it shakes out in a few seasons

#40693 2 years ago

Interesting…

5E2F1C1A-69A0-4F40-BD88-3E880EF30D15 (resized).jpeg5E2F1C1A-69A0-4F40-BD88-3E880EF30D15 (resized).jpeg
#40694 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Interesting…
[quoted image]

Drew Bledsoe made it back and got a ring. Drew Bledsoes replacement beat all the other guys on this list.

#40695 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Drew Bledsoe made it back and got a ring. Drew Bledsoes replacement beat all the other guys on this list.

"*As the starter" it says on the bottom.

That said, 3/4 of those QB's were mediocre at best, and I'd take Burrow over all of them.

#40696 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

"*As the starter" it says on the bottom.
That said, 3/4 of those QB's were mediocre at best, and I'd take Burrow over all of them.

Over all of them....seriously? Ol' captain 70% even?!?

#40697 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

3/4 of those QB's were mediocre at best

I say more like 100% of them, with Matt Ryan being the worst.

#40698 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

[quoted image]

He’s certainly not the first GM or coach to trade away tons of draft picks. I guess it worked for them. Doesn’t mean it will work again or for everybody.

Will be interesting to see if more teams decide they are “all in,” I look forward to a spectacular failure or two.

#40699 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Interesting…
[quoted image]

I see that coming true with Allen, Mahomes, Herbert, Jones and Jackson all in the AFC.

I almost mentioned Mayfield but then laughed and backspaced. Jackson is well behind the others too.

#40700 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

He’s certainly not the first GM or coach to trade away tons of draft picks. I guess it worked for them. Doesn’t mean it will work again or for everybody.
Will be interesting to see if more teams decide they are “all in,” I look forward to a spectacular failure or two.

It seems like a pretty flukey SB victor to me. I'm also admittedly pretty bitter.

But whatever, I hope a bunch of teams do try that maneuver. We had the MVP and a great all around roster (not you, ST). We couldn't close it. You just have to get hot at the right time, ride some momentum, and get some bounces. It's a funny shaped ball.

The league feels like a bunch of imposters chasing after those with actual strategies. At this point it would make sense to me to get ahead of the curve and start building an old school power running game. That stopped being successful because the LBs got so big. Now the LBs and even DTs are relatively small. Get a FB in there to lead block a la the Chargers or Chiefs circa 2005ish. It'll give teams fits in terms of controlling the clock, and plays great in the cold of the playoffs.

Coaches claim to commit to running the ball now, but only to setup something downfield. Now defenses sit in coverage and let their athletic LBs deal with the damage down below. Start kicking that LOS downfield a bit more and punishing those small LBs, and you're just going to start wearing defenses down. It's a lot easier to 'stick with the run' when you actually want to.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
There are 75,689 posts in this topic. You are on page 814 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/814 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.