spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 813 of 1,513.
#40601 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

The drive to win the game disagrees with you. They were dead in the water before that drive. No look pass during it as well? Dang.

Like I said I'll give credit where credit is due, but there is no way you'll convince me thats why they won the game, and if they didn't get that BS holding call who knows what would have happened.....The Rams offense did enough to win, but they won the game because their defense was pretty dominate and Aaron Donald took over the game.

#40602 2 years ago

They should have the game on Saturday nite. Already wasted an entire week and who wants to party on a Sunday?

#40603 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

That being said he's clearly not why they won Sunday....kind of a Jimmy G performance....

haha...yeah ok
https://twitter.com/i/status/1493342097142779909

#40604 2 years ago

Ptown may be the only 49ers fan on the entire planet who wouldn't trade Jimmy G (and a couple 1st round picks) for Matt Stafford.

#40605 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ptown may be the only 49ers fan on the entire planet who wouldn't trade Jimmy G (and a couple 1st round picks) for Matt Stafford.

Niners will probably get two first rounders from Washington for Jimmy's services .....honestly I wouldn't trade him as who knows how good or bad Trey Lance is?

#40606 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

As an aside, can the NFL perhaps institute a rule where players are not allowed to torture their small children for hours during and after the Super Bowl?
The parade of yawning, catatonic, and near-delirious toddlers on display during post-game interviews was kind of painful to watch. It's always been a little bit of a "thing" but this year it looked like a goddamn kindergarten class down there.
At least maybe they can create a night-care facility for these poor kids next year, so they can sleep during the game if these players insist on weekend-at-bernie-ing these kids all over the place at midnight in 2023.

Staffords wife was featured too much as well.She looks great but players wives like Staffords and years back Warners wife get too much time and think they are part of the show.

#40607 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Niners will probably get two first rounders from Washington for Jimmy's services .....honestly I wouldn't trade him as who knows how good or bad Trey Lance is?

If they DO trade him it should give you an idea of what the staff thinks. THey aren't gonna just throw Trey out there if they think he stinks.

#40608 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

If they dont keep him they might trade for an o lineman before Bengals get theirs.

#40609 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Jim McMahon showing up to the white house in his Bears jersey when he won as a Green Bay backup is a classic in the annals of backup QB ring acceptance!

This Jim McMahon?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/04/15/jim-mcmahon-packers-are-the-best-organization-i-played-for-bears-are-where-qbs-go-to-die/

The only starting quarterback to win a Super Bowl for the Bears has made some comments that won’t go over well in Chicago.

Jim McMahon, who started his career in Chicago and ended it in Green Bay, told 1252 Sports that Green Bay was the best franchise he was with in the NFL.

“It was the best team, or the best organization, that I’ve played for of the seven teams I’ve played for,” McMahon said. “By far. From top to bottom it was great people.”

McMahon was the Bears’ first-round draft pick in 1982, won Super Bowl XX with the 1985 Bears, and stayed in Chicago through the 1988 season. He then had stints with the Chargers, Eagles, Vikings, Cardinals and Browns before going to the Packers, where he won a Super Bowl XXXI ring as Brett Favre’s backup. McMahon said the Bears have always emphasized defense and the running game and have never been able to develop a quarterback.

“I think it’s where quarterbacks go to die,” McMahon said.

McMahon isn’t much of a fan these days. Asked what the Bears should do in the draft, he said, “I don’t know, don’t watch them, don’t care. I wouldn’t know what they need or who they’re thinking of drafting.”

#40610 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Staffords wife was featured too much as well.She looks great but players wives like Staffords and years back Warners wife get too much time and think they are part of the show.

My buddy said that Stafford's family looks like four different versions of his wife.

#40611 2 years ago

I think Jimmy already packed his gear and said see Ya.

#40612 2 years ago

Wow! I didn't know Jim McMahon was so down on the Bears! Seems like the town would still love him if he just played along like a happy ex-Bear Super Bowl winning QB. Maybe he's had too many concussions? He might benefit from hanging out with Ricky Williams and Snoop Dog. haha

#40613 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Wow! I didn't know Jim McMahon was so down on the Bears! Seems like the town would still love him if he just played along like a happy ex-Bear Super Bowl winning QB. Maybe he's had too many concussions? He might benefit from hanging out with Ricky Williams and Snoop Dog. haha

He’s still loved, nothing he’s said is wrong. And he smokes weed 24/7.

#40614 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

My buddy said that Stafford's family looks like four different versions of his wife.

How about four different personalities? 1. Crazy, 2. Mouthy, 3. Self-important, 4. Chatty

#40615 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

with the "Bengals World Champs!" t shirts?!

I’d love to have one of these. Haha

#40616 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

The hottest wife/girlfriend award doesn't even go to a player.

seanmcvay3 (resized).jpgseanmcvay3 (resized).jpg
#40617 2 years ago

So when I was a kid, everybody made fun of the "old" rockers in their 40s...you know, the Strolling Bones..."Steel Wheelchairs" Tour...

So anybody got any for this halftime show?

Gin and Prune Juice
Forget about Dre (no really I can't remember)
The Chronic Back Pain

Anybody else?

#40618 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The hottest wife/girlfriend award doesn't even go to a player.

That pic makes me think McVay is gonna die of 'suspicious circumstances'

#40619 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So when I was a kid, everybody made fun of the "old" rockers in their 40s...you know, the Strolling Bones..."Steel Wheelchairs" Tour...
So anybody got any for this halftime show?
Gin and Prune Juice
Forget about Dre (no really I can't remember)
The Chronic Back Pain
Anybody else?

Nuthin' But a aGeing Thing?- Dre

Hi, my name is, what? My name is who? My name is...no seriously, what is my name? I've forgotten.-- Eminem

Cleanin' Out My Colon-- Eminem

#40620 2 years ago

So will more teams be willing to make the big QB trade gamble after the Stafford win?

Or buy into the 'trade away all your 1st round picks' like the rams have?

I think Stafford's story is the one with the most legs.. where do he and kupp do next year?

#40621 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

So will more teams be willing to make the big QB trade gamble after the Stafford win?
Or buy into the 'trade away all your 1st round picks' like the rams have?
I think Stafford's story is the one with the most legs.. where do he and kupp do next year?

Yes, I think the "get a good vet QB to win a super bowl" thing is underway and has been for a while. Don't forget Brady and Manning before him. Those weren't trades, but the result is the same.

The fact is, teams rarely will trade away their QBs, unless they really don't have a choice. For the always-rebuilding Lions, it made sense, but most teams are going to want to hold on to their franchise QBs. They don't grow on trees.

#40622 2 years ago

1st round picks as currency for sure will be the new norm and should be; if you have the cash.
When Ross was forcing Flores to tank, they traded Fitzpatrick for a 1st round pick to Steelers and it was great; but of course they were tanking.

Lions are also a semi weird situation where they basically let Stafford pic where he wanted to go, which helped him and fucked over the Lions. It still can work, but it will be interesting to see the fallout in 3-4 seasons. Of course if you win a big one or 2 whom's gonna care.

#40623 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:The hottest wife/girlfriend award doesn't even go to a player.[quoted image]

Looks like McVay is great at photoshop. "She goes to a different school, you wouldn't know her."

#40624 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Looks like McVay is great at photoshop. "She goes to a different school, you wouldn't know her."

She's from Canada...

#40625 2 years ago

Will the Colts start Wentz or Trubisky in the fall?

#40626 2 years ago

Looks like Burrow will not need to have surgery on his injured knee, great news.

#40627 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Looks like Burrow will not need to have surgery on his injured knee, great news.

Isn't that what they told RG3 and Tannehill?

I hope it isn't damaged and is a minor thing though.

#40628 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a real problem in tech - differences in people's physical features lead to needing differences in implementation and minorities tend to be under represented in testing and implementation... so features tend to not work as well. Addressing that and marketing it as a differentiator is purely feature stuff - not political or work anything. It's legitimately something people need.

This is hilarious ^^^^^^^

#40629 2 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

The hottest wife/girlfriend award doesn't even go to a player.[quoted image]

Those can’t be real?

#40630 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

With that, I’m fucking out.

Thank you

That didn't last long hahaha

#40631 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, I think the "get a good vet QB to win a super bowl" thing is underway and has been for a while. Don't forget Brady and Manning before him. Those weren't trades, but the result is the same.
The fact is, teams rarely will trade away their QBs, unless they really don't have a choice. For the always-rebuilding Lions, it made sense, but most teams are going to want to hold on to their franchise QBs. They don't grow on trees.

Don't agree with them being the same. Both Brady and Manning were well known winning commodities (Manning had the injury concerns) and both were FA signings. Stafford was a stats king but perennial loser over his entire career with the team. It's more of the question of taking a risk on a player being and asking "held back by the circumstances? or is he really incapable?"

The lions/rams deal was such a big shift in it was teams literally swapping QBs and not just gambling on a FA, etc.

Other big name deals of late have fallen through.. like Wentz... Foles... etc. There are a lot of teams right now with QBs that were supposed to be great talents but haven't panned out in their environment. Tua, Trubisky... or talent that hasn't broken through to the elite... like Winston or Carr. The wife-swap for the rams/lions was so much different than just signing a FA. Will others consider this kind of upgrade based on a hope the player just being trapped by their circumstances?

#40632 2 years ago

A contender should make a play for Carr. He's more or less Stafford. Indy or TB I'm thinking. GB if Rodgers isn't bluffing.

#40633 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

That didn't last long hahaha

Lol

#40634 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

A contender should make a play for Carr. He's more or less Stafford. Indy or TB I'm thinking. GB if Rodgers isn't bluffing.

If rodgers leaves I think that's an option, so long as we're still netting some top picks to avoid a rebuild. It also might allow us to sign Davante, since they were college teammates.

I think we'll hear about rodgers decision within a week.

#40635 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

And hopefully they can get the best center in the draft with their first pick.

Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa) is the the best center in the draft and the Eagles will go after him.

#40636 2 years ago

If rodgers leaves I think that's an option, so long as we're still netting some top picks to avoid a rebuild. It also might allow us to sign Davante, since they were college teammates.
I think we'll hear about rodgers decision within a week.

That Rodgers ship sailing away has docked in Green Bay for sure. I don;t think he has any real NFC option and AFC is pretty stacked.
After his ass kissing GB at the MVP thing he's happy...well happy as the miserable fuck can be.

#40637 2 years ago

It also might allow us to sign Davante, since they were college teammates

I did not know this. I thought Carr was much older

#40638 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I did not know this. I thought Carr was much older

The mascara adds 5yrs to his look

#40639 2 years ago

I’ll give 1 weak ankle Wenst turkey for a stuck on a sketchy ass team Carr

#40640 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Tyler Linderbaum (Iowa) is the the best center in the draft and the Eagles will go after him.

I was just reading Jacksonville is thinking trading down and drafting him.

#40641 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I was just reading Jacksonville is thinking trading down and drafting him.

Jacksonville would be crazy not to take Evan Neal or Aidan Hutchinson with that #1.

#40642 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Jacksonville would be crazy not to take Evan Neal or Aidan Hutchinson with that #1.

Jacksonville needs a ton of help, makes sense to stock up on picks. This is one of the weakest draft classes in awhile.

#40643 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Jacksonville needs a ton of help, makes sense to stock up on picks. This is one of the weakest draft classes in awhile.

With a very weak QB class, they won't get nearly as much as in the past. Some team may fall in love with a certain player and want that #1 but no one will be giving them as much as QB heavy class.

#40644 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

With a very weak QB class, they won't get nearly as much as in the past. Some team may fall in love with a certain player and want that #1 but no one will be giving them as much as QB heavy class.

They’ll get at least a teams this years and next years 1st rd. Neither Neal or Hutchinson will be a franchise changing type player. They need a large influx of talent. We shall see which way they go.

I could see them taking Neal, but no way Hutchinson.

#40645 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

I think he got hurt in the Bowl game against UK where UK wiped the floor with them (haha). If he’s 100% by draft time, I hope you’re wrong!

#40646 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think he got hurt in the Bowl game against UK where UK wiped the floor with them (haha). If he’s 100% by draft time, I hope you’re wrong!

He’ll be gone well before the Bengals pick.

#40647 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

He’ll be gone well before the Bengals pick.

Gonna take a while for these bengals fans to get used to drafting at the ass end of the draft.

Teams don’t just have “generational talents” fall to them in the draft every year guys!

You might be looking at the 2nd or 3rd best center in the draft, with some luck.

#40648 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He's not hurt. If Jason Kelce plays another year, the Eagles won't be as motivated to get him. Although who knows Roseman likes to draft in the trenches with #1's. With 3 1st round picks under #20 they can get any player in this draft. They will want pass rushers too.

I wouldn't put past him to package all 3 for a blockbuster QB trade.

#40649 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

He's not hurt. If Jason Kelce plays another year, the Eagles won't be as motivated to get him. Although who knows Roseman likes to draft in the trenches with #1's. With 3 1st round picks under #20 they can get any player in this draft. They will want pass rushers too.
I wouldn't put past him to package all 3 for a blockbuster QB trade.

Jimmy G!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Scranton, PA
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,620 posts in this topic. You are on page 813 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/813 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.