spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 811 of 1,513.
#40501 2 years ago

WELCOME TO THE OFF SEASON !!!

#40502 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah it's gonna be an ugly few months till the draft / free agency.

#40503 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah it's gonna be an ugly few months till the draft / free agency.

At least we have 3 months of NBA playoffs to keep us entertained.

K1YP.gifK1YP.gif
#40504 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

At least we have 3 months of NBA playoffs to keep us entertained. [quoted image]

I mean can;t we all at least agree NBA is the fucking worst?

Well and MLB I guess....and of course Soccer but no one cares aboot that shit.
And NASC.....ummm nevermind on that last one with this crowd

#40505 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If it were truly voluntary? Meh. Ok. But we all know it’s not. Don’t stand for the anthem at a ball game? You will be dealing with the anger management prospect in the Oakleys and “Fuck Your Feelings” t-shirt trying to fight you because he’s so patriotic. Ask Kaepernick how not participating worked out.

Show up late then.

#40506 2 years ago

College basketball baby! If you don’t have a team, find one. Good stuff.

#40507 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

March Madness always killer

#40508 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I'm torn on college ball. Like most I feel the one and done has diminished the product, but the players should have the option. Anyone would leave college after a year (or high school if that were still a thing) with guaranteed millions.

I'd love some incentive to stay at least 2 years. Now that NCAA compensation has entered the picture possibly that can be part of the conversation. Maybe the NBA could incentivize their rookie deal for sticking around 2+ years in a way that doesn't negatively impact the drafting team's cap.

#40509 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'm torn on college ball. Like most I feel the one and done has diminished the product, but the players should have the option. Anyone would leave college after a year (or high school if that were still a thing) with guaranteed millions.
I'd love some incentive to stay at least 2 years. Now that NCAA compensation has entered the picture possibly that can be part of the conversation. Maybe the NBA could incentivize their rookie deal for sticking around 2+ years in a way that doesn't negatively impact the drafting team's cap.

Agree all around, but is the diminished skill level just helping to not make the same 3 teams win it each year?

#40510 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Show up late then.

Or I’ll just do what I’ve done since 1st grade when I began thinking that fabric worship was weird, and just stand there not participating, but also not making a spectacle of myself. Maybe that’s the happy medium, but I do wish our taxes didn’t go in the tens of millions toward the “tradition.”

#40511 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

NIL could change that in basketball. The pool of lottery pick hopefuls that will actually have any real shot to contribute in the NBA is minuscule. So maybe now that they can be paid in college we will see more sophomores and juniors.

#40512 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Or I’ll just do what I’ve done since 1st grade when I began thinking that fabric worship was weird, and just stand there not participating, but also not making a spectacle of myself. Maybe that’s the happy medium, but I do wish our taxes didn’t go in the tens of millions toward the “tradition.”

That piece of fabric means quite a bit to many folks. Many have worn it on their sleeve while going into less than desirable situations for many years under great risk to themselves. It represents a wide variety of great ideals. I for one love my country. I don't think there is a lick wrong with that either. You don't. Fine, go on about your business. This country is just fine with you feeling that way. Folks try to act like being patriotic is some form of overzealous nationalism. Nobody is forcing it on you. Last time I heard they still say "please stand". Asking nicely. Not forcing it. My advice, find something else to be upset about.

And even though I quoted you, I am not calling you out specifically. Just using your post as the basis for my response. It goes out to anyone complaining.

#40513 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I mean can;t we all at least agree NBA is the fucking worst?
Well and MLB I guess....and of course Soccer but no one cares aboot that shit.
And NASC.....ummm nevermind on that last one with this crowd

You love making assumptions, all those things do suck though.

I wish I could enjoy baseball still, but its impossible when you have teams trying to compete with literally 1/5 the payroll of other big market teams. On what planet is this even competitive.

#40514 2 years ago

Aaron Donald should be defensive player of the year every year. He forces teams to change game plans, gets constant double teams and still wrecks shop.

#40515 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You love making assumptions, all those things do suck though.
I wish I could enjoy baseball still, but its impossible when you have teams trying to compete with literally 1/5 the payroll of other big market teams. On what planet is this even competitive.

I’m hoping that a minimum payroll comes out of this labor stoppage. The luxury tax penalties have helped a little and with profit sharing teams should be forced to have a minimum payroll.

#40516 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

You love making assumptions...

I've been in this thread a long time

#40517 2 years ago

I'm checking my pirate stream site and there's exactly one NBA game today... no hockey or anything else (well I guess the monobob channel).

Worst month of sports - mid feb to mid march. Then at least the madness starts.

#40518 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm checking my pirate stream site and there's exactly one NBA game today... no hockey or anything else (well I guess the monobob channel).
Worst month of sports - mid feb to mid march. Then at least the madness starts.

There are four NHL games tonight

#40519 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

There are four NHL games tonight

You are correct. Looks like I need a different pirate stream site haha

#40520 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I'd love some incentive to stay at least 2 years. Now that NCAA compensation has entered the picture possibly that can be part of the conversation.

It already is. Players are doing things they’ve never done in the past due to the NIL deals they are getting.

I’ll never understand the one and dones are diminishing the product. I want more talent in college ball, not less.

#40521 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

That piece of fabric means quite a bit to many folks. Many have worn it on their sleeve while going into less than desirable situations for many years under great risk to themselves. It represents a wide variety of great ideals. I for one love my country. I don't think there is a lick wrong with that either. You don't. Fine, go on about your business. This country is just fine with you feeling that way. Folks try to act like being patriotic is some form of overzealous nationalism. Nobody is forcing it on you. Last time I heard they still say "please stand". Asking nicely. Not forcing it. My advice, find something else to be upset about.
And even though I quoted you, I am not calling you out specifically. Just using your post as the basis for my response. It goes out to anyone complaining.

Yeah, you did call me out. And you show me where I said I wasn’t proud of anything. I’ll wait while you go back and look.

It’s not there. You got defensive about your opinion. That’s a you problem. I didn’t say one thing about who wore what, and where, and for what purpose. You came in with your Eagle soaked patriot umbrella and made this something I never even went near. My dad did two tours in Vietnam and I’ve expressed this same sentiment to him countless times. My grandfather had 3 tanks shot out from under him in WW2 and I told him the same thing before he died. Neither had a single issue with my position because it had NOTHING to do with what they ever did. But it’s nice and convenient to go there from the cheap seats and dick kick the straw man. I notice that it’s beyond comprehension to a segment of society that those that sacrifice for rights do so for actual rights. For everyone.

I can think flag worship is weird and yet be proud of veterans in my family and have the utmost respect for the job they did and do. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

With that, I’m fucking out.

#40522 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Yeah, you did call me out. And you show me where I said I wasn’t proud of anything. I’ll wait while you go back and look.
It’s not there. You got defensive about your opinion. That’s a you problem. I didn’t say one thing about who wore what, and where, and for what purpose. You came in with your Eagle soaked patriot umbrella and made this something I never even went near. My dad did two tours in Vietnam and I’ve expressed this same sentiment to him countless times. My grandfather had 3 tanks shot out from under him in WW2 and I told him the same thing before he did. I can think flag worship is weird and yet be proud of veterans in my family and have the utmost respect for the job they did and do. The two aren’t mutually exclusive.

I appreciate your family's service. You call it a piece of fabric. You mention worship. Seems like at best a big exaggeration of a common practice going back many, many years. It is much more than that to many people, however I respect your right to feel that way. I didn't call you out. There was another poster or two making comments. You guys wanna have a discussion, don't get pissed because not everyone feels the same as you. "Eagle soaked patriot umbrella". Ok guy. Keep on being angry. Folks fought for it and you want to get rid of it. Makes perfect sense....

#40523 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’ll never understand the one and dones are diminishing the product. I want more talent in college ball, not less.

But you would have more talent if the elites stuck around for a sophomore season. UK would be fine bro!

#40524 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If it were truly voluntary? Meh. Ok. But we all know it’s not. Don’t stand for the anthem at a ball game? You will be dealing with the anger management prospect in the Oakleys and “Fuck Your Feelings” t-shirt trying to fight you because he’s so patriotic. Ask Kaepernick how not participating worked out.

I didn’t want to do it but I have to say. Love it or leave it!!!!!
Lol

#40525 2 years ago
0BAB0638-6494-42E4-AC3F-1E3A12042F4F (resized).png0BAB0638-6494-42E4-AC3F-1E3A12042F4F (resized).png
#40526 2 years ago

NBA - Never Been Attentive

I'd rather watch tackle 'combat' bocce or extreme miniature golf than a basketball game. no reason other than I just never found BB interesting

#40527 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

NBA - Never Been Attentive
I'd rather watch tackle 'combat' bocce or extreme miniature golf than a basketball game. no reason other than I just never found BB interesting

Take that elsewhere. This is the monobob thread

#40528 2 years ago

Monobob - my initial thought when it was announced as coming up next was significantly different than what actually took place

#40529 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

But you would have more talent if the elites stuck around for a sophomore season. UK would be fine bro!

Oh yeah. I wish they had to stay for 4 years. Haha. But letting them go straight to NBA is lame. Glad that will probably never happen. I like Calipari’s teams way more than Tubby’s teams. Haha

#40530 2 years ago

With that, I’m fucking out.

Thank you

#40531 2 years ago

Day 1 of the off season and this place goes to hell.

#40532 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Day 1 of the off season and this place goes to hell.

Don’t kid yourself. It always been a hell.

#40533 2 years ago

But back to NFL, bengals need to get multiple top flight OL FAs if they exist. No more drafting and hoping.

#40534 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

But back to NFL, bengals need to get multiple top flight OL FAs if they exist. No more drafting and hoping.

They don’t exist. Teams keep their best OL.

The best they can can hope for in FA Is an aging veteran of depth, o they can hope to hit in the draft.

Bringing in a “top flight OL” is no easier than bringing in a top notch QB. Except you need more than one.

#40535 2 years ago

Cincy needs to use the entire draft on OL.

#40536 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

KC loaded up this past year so it happens.

#40537 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

KC loaded up this past year so it happens.

Yeah, it actually is easier than bringing in a top flight QB.

But it ain’t easy. And if any good
Lineman are out there there will be plenty of suitors.

How’s the Bengals cap situation? Keep in mind in only a couple years they gonna have to pay Burrow.

#40538 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The best they can can hope for in FA Is an aging veteran of depth, o they can hope to hit in the draft.
Bringing in a “top flight OL” is no easier than bringing in a top notch QB. Except you need more than one.

They exist, they will be 20 mil / season, but they exist, and they will want to protect Burrow. Bengals will sign a major OL deal this season, along with a mid range LB, and then draft OL round 1 , and safety round 2 (they will let Bates walk because he wants more than he’s worth).

Write this shit down, in permanent ink.

Only way this changes is if they forgo first round and sign one OL and trade the draft pic to some shitter team for another OL.

With even half a second more of protection the bengals are champions.

#40539 2 years ago

If they sign any LBs I’ll be pissed. With players coming back from injury they are stacked.

OL
CB
DL

That’s what I would prefer they spend their leftover money on after resignings.

#40540 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

How’s the Bengals cap situation? Keep in mind in only a couple years they gonna have to pay Burrow.

50 million (fourth best in NFL), and they will worry about burrow in 2 years when they need to.

#40541 2 years ago

It will be tops in the NFL when they cut Waynes.

#40542 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

They exist, they will be 20 mil / season, but they exist, and they will want to protect Burrow. Bengals will sign a major OL deal this season, along with a mid range LB, and then draft OL round 1 , and safety round 2 (they will let Bates walk because he wants more than he’s worth).
Write this shit down, in permanent ink.
Only way this changes is if they forgo first round and sign one OL and trade the draft pic to some shitter team for another OL.
With even half a second more of protection the bengals are champions.

It’s just that simple!

May as well start
Getting those super bowl LVII rings fitted now…

#40543 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

It will be tops in the NFL when they cut Waynes.

Fair point. Let’s go shopping.

#40544 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s just that simple!
May as well start
Getting those super bowl LVII rings fitted now…

It’s a complex formula, but since the NFL is rigged it’s quite easy to manipulate.

#40545 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Nah, we shed quality OL guys pretty consistently. Billy turner is likely to be available. Not the best, but versatile and serviceable.

#40546 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Christ there was a Google phone commercial about how much better their phone takes pictures and video of African Americans WTF

It's a real problem in tech - differences in people's physical features lead to needing differences in implementation and minorities tend to be under represented in testing and implementation... so features tend to not work as well. Addressing that and marketing it as a differentiator is purely feature stuff - not political or work anything. It's legitimately something people need.

#40547 2 years ago

Bengals gotta draft offensive linemen, a lot of them, hopefully good ones. I don't think Spain and Reiff are even under contract next year. Williams is probably slightly above average but it appears they need 2022 starters at the other 4 positions. That's a tall order

LT Jonah Williams | 77.9
LG Quinton Spain | 72.3
C Trey Hopkins | 51.4
RG Hakeem Adeniji | 48.4
RT Riley Reiff | 67.3

#40548 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

It's a real problem in tech - differences in people's physical features lead to needing differences in implementation and minorities tend to be under represented in testing and implementation... so features tend to not work as well. Addressing that and marketing it as a differentiator is purely feature stuff - not political or work anything. It's legitimately something people need.

In the photography world this is known as “adjusting the white balance”.

Ba dum tsss

#40549 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Bengals gotta draft offensive linemen, a lot of them, hopefully good ones. I don't think Spain and Reiff are even under contract next year. Williams is probably slightly above average but it appears they need 2022 starters at the other 4 positions. That's a tall order
LT Jonah Williams | 77.9
LG Quinton Spain | 72.3
C Trey Hopkins | 51.4
RG Hakeem Adeniji | 48.4
RT Riley Reiff | 67.3

Option 2- Burrow recognizes what he’s working with and gets rid of the ball faster, like Brady would have done.

#40550 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Other than the NFL, Masters week is my favorite.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 811 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/811 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.