pasted_image (resized).png
nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
carmichael.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 810 of 1,516.
#40451 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

I'm gonna miss hanging with you guys now that we face the 7 month hibernation period where we pretend to like "other sports"...
See you all draft day I guess...?
Countdown set... 210.
-mof

We suffer through it together.

#40452 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

God I know. Think I heard a 54% drop in ratings from last Olympics, ouch.

Perhaps if they actually showed some competition instead of commercials and athlete hype, then people might watch.

Another fun season, now on to the most boring two months of the year.

#40453 2 years ago

Onto my CATS and their hopeful national championship run. See you guys in NOLA in March?

#40454 2 years ago

Was pulling for the Bengals, but ya gotta appreciate the Rams with the best player in the league (by a distance?) on either side of the ball. Love how it came down to defense in the second half. Bengals D was insane all playoffs, but how many times can you keep Kupp off the scoresheet? He had a relatively quiet day and still got two TDs, the guy is a blur. A few too many beers and shots of bourbon, the inside of my mouth tastes like a rusty soup can. Sucked at every pin I tried to cram in during commercials and chicken wings, but that's okay, a good game and a good SB Sunday. Sorry, Chuck/Erik. Pretty sure the Bengals will be around for quite a while.

#40455 2 years ago
Quoted from VALIS666:

Was pulling for the Bengals

I was pulling for the Bengals also, but as a lifetime fan of the Broncos, I was glad to see Von Miller get another ring, and as a Bulldog fan it was nice to see Stafford get a ring, after he had been stuck in Detroit for all of those years.

#40456 2 years ago

True story should be Stafford getting out of Detroit and cashing it in. Great job.

In this era, I was all about 1:25, 2 timeouts.. a hot kicker. Should be easy right?

WTF were those last plays? Where the hell is Mixon? The league's second best rusher this year? 4th and 1 and they throw it?

When Rams scored.. I was like 'This is what AD lives for.. a series of almost guaranteed throws every play'. And you could see on that series Bengals had zero time to get down the field before Joe had to throw. The 4th down call was a real disappointment.

Will look forward to studying the replay.. amazing how that series for the Rams broke out of what had been a real rut.

#40457 2 years ago

Congratulations LA Rams fans!

#40458 2 years ago

Congratulations Rams fans, it was a great game. I'm very disappointed we lost but at the same time I'm very happy about the Bengals future, now it's all about getting an OL around Burrow

#40459 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Congratulations Rams fans, it was a great game. I'm very disappointed we lost but at the same time I'm very happy about the Bengals future, now it's all about getting an OL around Burrow

Yep, its a miracle they got as far as they did with that swiss cheese line, really hoping Burrows right knee is ok. It will be a huge advantage to have him not in rehab the entire off season.

The day after a loss like that sucks, but credit to the Rams, they put all their chips on the table to win this season.

#40460 2 years ago
FB_IMG_1644854195243 (resized).jpgFB_IMG_1644854195243 (resized).jpg
#40461 2 years ago

B843CD70-7D05-42EF-8169-E6549305FBB8 (resized).jpegB843CD70-7D05-42EF-8169-E6549305FBB8 (resized).jpeg

#40462 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

[quoted image]

Shouldn’t that gate be open? Haha

#40463 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Shouldn’t that gate be open? Haha

So were there any actual Rams fans there last night?

Or was it mostly Bengals fans and tourists?

#40464 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So were there any actual Rams fans there last night?
Or was it mostly Bengals fans and tourists?

It was almost 100% Rams or Bengals fans. I was pleasantly surprised. The rando SB attendee was very slim pickings.

Rams fans were louder than I thought they would be, and Bengals fans were WAY louder than I thought they would be.

It’s also great how they hype up both teams and play all their local sound bites and hype songs. Felt like a Bengals home game and a Rams home game all at the same time.

#40465 2 years ago

I really don't see how the Bengals dont skate to a win with a mid ranked O-line.

#40466 2 years ago

Buddy sent this over yest—

749B0DF7-5294-4742-BE57-857CDCDFD224 (resized).jpeg749B0DF7-5294-4742-BE57-857CDCDFD224 (resized).jpeg

#40467 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I really don't see how the Bengals dont skate to a win with a mid ranked O-line.

Agreed. Their game plan was assuming that Joe would have zero time to throw and still almost won.

Hopefully whatever they do to address the line in the offense works in spades.

#40468 2 years ago

Odin would agree.. a 10 yard penalty for wearing socks and sandals is a lil harsh! (What a dumb move by Vernon hargreaves tho!)

1565496_1 (resized).jpg1565496_1 (resized).jpg

#40469 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Odin would agree.. a 10 yard penalty for wearing socks and sandals is a lil harsh!

I was informed they are called "slides."

#40470 2 years ago

That may have been the dumbest penalty in SB history

#40471 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Odin would agree.. a 10 yard penalty for wearing socks and sandals is a lil harsh! (What a dumb move by Vernon hargreaves tho!)
[quoted image]

He should change his name to
Mr.Dumass

#40472 2 years ago

I think that it’s pretty cool Stafford has the same number of Super Bowl victories as Rodgers.

#40473 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Agreed. Their game plan was assuming that Joe would have zero time to throw and still almost won.
Hopefully whatever they do to address the line in the offense works in spades.

They could have bolstered the line this year but decided upon Chase. Hard to fault that decision.

But regardless of whatever shiny “skill position” object is out there this draft they’ll have to go OL this time. Unfortunately they won’t be drafting top 4 again.

#40474 2 years ago

The air fryer wings turned out great by the way.

And the French fries I air fried afterwards in the chicken fat filled air fryer were also delicious.

#40476 2 years ago

Chimp flippers are much worse.

So how long did it take you to clean them...like 5 minutes? Fucking bullshit! That;s the worst thing that happened to you yesterday dammit!!!

#40477 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I think that it’s pretty cool Stafford has the same number of Super Bowl victories as Rodgers.

If you were from Detroit and a Lions fan, like me, you might feel differently. Rodgers has been humiliating that Lions since he became a starter. And for most of those years, Stafford was the Lion's QB.

#40478 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

They could have bolstered the line this year but decided upon Chase. Hard to fault that decision.
But regardless of whatever shiny “skill position” object is out there this draft they’ll have to go OL this time. Unfortunately they won’t be drafting top 4 again.

That's what makes winning an NFL Championship so difficult. As soon as you shore up one part of your team, the part that was decent before is now suddenly old. It's hard to have everything going at once. It's like playing Whack-A-Mole.

#40479 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Chimp flippers are much worse.
So hoe long did it take you to clean them...like 5 minutes? Fucking bullshit! That;s the worst thing that happened to you yesterday dammit!!!

Irrelevant, you dont grease finger someones machine.

#40480 2 years ago

(typed in my best Matrix Oracle accent) what's really going to twist your noodle is if she has the same no-wash sanitary protocol for leaving the loo after pinching off a loaf, and you now remember that she hit a pin immediately following a visit to the loo

#40481 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Did we get a new Anthem

When this was happening my Spidy sense was tingling but I couldn't quite figure it out, but it came to me.

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Roger Goodell is a f*cking clown to have let Jay Z be a part of the NFL and to allow political and racial protests in our football.
It really sucks because I was looking forward to watching Joe Burrow play and to follow his career but looks like I will not be doing that. The NFL has been ruined and I have a feeling that this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. Its going to be funny when the stadiums are empty because they are getting ready to lose a shitload of fans.
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-to-play-black-national-anthem-lift-evry-voice-and-sing-before-star-spangled-banner-at-week-1/

Oh man what a classic.

Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm thinking the super bowl record for sacks @ 7 is going down

Just tied...so close.

#40482 2 years ago

How do you touch anything? Gross. You should go to her house and wipe your hands on her drapes.

#40483 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

....You should go to her house and wipe your hands on her drapes.

Holy shit brau that's the kinkiest fucking thing I've ever heard.

#40484 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Holy shit brau that's the kinkiest fucking thing I've ever heard.

I was going to say he should go to MIL's house, screw his wife, then wipe his dick on her drapes, but I left it at hands.

#40485 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I was going to say he should go to MIL's house, screw his wife, then wipe his dick on her drapes, but I left it at hands.

tough, but fair.

#40486 2 years ago

It’s easy to say Burrow will be back to the SB again but with Mahomes Allen and Herbert in your conference it’s going to be a war, not to mention having to battle a healthy ravens team in your division. Marino, Rodgers, great QBs that only got to one early. Winning a super bowl is 70% skill and 30% luck.

#40487 2 years ago

This year's Snack Stadium. My friends have hosted a Super Bowl party for about 20 years and it was put on hold the last 2, it was great to see all my old friends in person again. Fun game, I won $62 on betting, great halftime show, and great food, although my stomach ain't happy about it today, I think it was the Cincinnati chili!

273953370_10161506667463222_2796769023429940320_n (resized).jpg273953370_10161506667463222_2796769023429940320_n (resized).jpg
#40488 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

When this was happening my Spidy sense was tingling but I couldn't quite figure it out, but it came to me.

Oh man what a classic.

Just tied...so close.

I really don’t care to hear a black National anthem or a White National anthem just the USA National anthem!And of course NBC spends a large block of time on racial issues in the NFL.Christ there was a Google phone commercial about how much better their phone takes pictures and video of African Americans WTF

#40489 2 years ago

Personally, I wish they would do away with God Bless America and the National Anthem at sporting events, those feel like relics of a time long past and it always feels like a weird and uncomfortable ritual, even if there is a good singer. The only time I've cared about it was when there was a prop sheet bet on how long the song would last.

It's like when my parents insist on saying grace before Christmas dinner and only they say it and my siblings and all the grand kids look around nervously because no one is religious anymore except my folks, but we avoid talking about it because we don't talk about religion and politics to avoid arguments.

#40490 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Personally, I wish they would do away with God Bless America and the National Anthem at sporting events, those feel like relics of a time long past and it always feels like a weird and uncomfortable ritual, even if there is a good singer. The only time I've cared about it was when there was a prop sheet bet on how long the song would last.
It's like when my parents insist on saying grace before Christmas dinner and only they say it and my siblings and all the grand kids look around nervously because no one is religious anymore except my folks, but we avoid talking about it because we don't talk about religion and politics to avoid arguments.

Would include Raise all Voices?

#40491 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I really don’t care to hear a black National anthem or a White National anthem just the USA National anthem!And of course NBC spends a large block of time on racial issues in the NFL.Christ there was a Google phone commercial about how much better their phone takes pictures and video of African Americans WTF

20 years ago, the colorblindness movement was in full force. Now, the charge is to see color in everything. It's all to keep people on their heels and on the defensive.

#40492 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Would include Raise all Voices?

Fuck yeah get rid of them all.
My God before every nfl game, nhl game, before all the high school sports I go to...make it stop.

In the NFL I can at least see there's production value in it and the possibly financial return, but high school is the worst

#40493 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Christ there was a Google phone commercial about how much better their phone takes pictures and video of African Americans WTF

So weird to see someone translate this commercial completely different than me. I was like “oh, that’s pretty cool”. A camera whose main purpose is to accurately reflect color seems like a pretty good idea to me.

I am in the market for a phone that makes me look 200lbs lighter, if anyone from the Google dev team is visiting this thread.

#40494 2 years ago

If anyone wants to sing a love song to a flag or a weird concept of a unified country or whatever, so be it. But arbitrarily going through the motions meaninglessly at the start of every sporting event is just unnecessary. It might actually mean something to hear the SSB played for a gold medal ceremony at the Olympics, if we didn’t also hear it before 162 Tampa Rays games every season, or 82 Orlando Magic games, or 17 Cleveland Browns games.

…and whoever has the bigoted take on the phone camera, I don’t see your posts. So talk into the wind all you want.

#40495 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

If anyone wants to sing a love song to a flag or a weird concept of a unified country or whatever, so be it. But arbitrarily going through the motions meaninglessly at the start of every sporting event is just unnecessary. It might actually mean something to hear the SSB played for a gold medal ceremony at the Olympics, if we didn’t also hear it before 162 Tampa Rays games every season, or 82 Orlando Magic games, or 17 Cleveland Browns games.
…and whoever has the bigoted take on the phone camera, I don’t see your posts. So talk into the wind lol you want.

Yeah, for the Olympics it makes sense because they athletes are their representing their countries. For American sports it just feels like a ritual whose time has past. It's become too routine to be special. It would be cooler if each team had a theme song, the Seahawks had a hilarious one back in the Chuck Knox era with the players are rapping singing Chucka Knox like a Chaka Khan song. My bit of useless football trivia that no one will remember that wasn't from the Northwest.

#40496 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

Yeah, for the Olympics it makes sense because they athletes are their representing their countries. For American sports it just feels like a ritual whose time has past. It's become too routine to be special.

If we are being completely honest, we should have a real conversation about why the DOD pays tens of millions of dollars to US sports leagues every year for “patriotic displays. ” That’s the real reason the tradition continues. Money. How patriotic. And why does the DOD need sports leagues to masquerade patriotic sentiment? To keep up the charade and recruit poor canon fodder. That’s why. Can’t make it to the NBA? Have you thought about the Army?

https://www.sportscasting.com/amount-money-military-gives-nfl/?amp

#40497 2 years ago

I like showing pride in my country and respect for those that fought for our country. It’s not to much to ask for me to do it 20-25 times a year when I attend my sports ball teams’ events.

#40498 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I like showing pride in my country and respect for those that fought for our country. It’s not to much to ask for me to do it 20-25 times a year when I attend my sports ball teams’ events.

Why not when you go to the bathroom? Or when you buy a coffee? Or go to the movies? It’s purely arbitrary.

#40499 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Why not when you go to the bathroom? Or when you buy a coffee? Or go to the movies? It’s purely arbitrary.

Because it’s just tradition to do it before sporting events. A large gathering is a good opportunity to give everyone the reminder and opportunity is my guess.

Not sure why anyone has an issue with it.

If you don’t like to participate, show up late or just stay sitting.

#40500 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Because it’s just tradition to do it before sporting events. A large gathering is a good opportunity to give everyone the reminder and opportunity is my guess.
Not sure why anyone has an issue with it.
If you don’t like to participate, show up late or just stay sitting.

If it were truly voluntary? Meh. Ok. But we all know it’s not. Don’t stand for the anthem at a ball game? You will be dealing with the anger management prospect in the Oakleys and “Fuck Your Feelings” t-shirt trying to fight you because he’s so patriotic. Ask Kaepernick how not participating worked out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 75,776 posts in this topic. You are on page 810 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/810?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.