spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 799 of 1,513.
#39901 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well, what did he say to Alvin?

Apparently he tried to get on an elevator, didn’t know who Alvin was. He was charged with battery causing substantial bodily harm, from what the police say, the video backs the charge up. Just an ass kicking would result in a simple assault. Ask me how I know

#39902 2 years ago

Interesting, we shall see.

Edit: sorry forgot...guess he knows whom he is now!

#39903 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

If only Houston was still the Oilers we would have another Love Ya Blue era.

I like the Lovie hiring, he’s a total class act, that organization needs some of that.

#39904 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I like the Lovie hiring, he’s a total class act, that organization needs some of that.

That’s the problem….the owners have stayed away from the “Bad Boy” players so I will give them that. There is morals in the organization and they were a good organization with Kubiak. Then they hired but hole chin O’Brien and it just went downhill from there.

Lovie will be good but I can’t believe he wants any part of this mess. Can’t rebuild so he is an interim HC. He won’t get a fair shot to build a team. Unless by some miracle the Watson crap gets resolved quickly.

#39905 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I am a huge Lovie fan, he was an integral part of the Bucs stout D for many years, but I feel like he isn’t quite up to speed on the modern NFL.

His character is high quality and players love playing for him… I wish him the best.

#39906 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

That’s the problem….the owners have stayed away from the “Bad Boy” players so I will give them that. There is morals in the organization and they were a good organization with Kubiak. Then they hired but hole chin O’Brien and it just went downhill from there.
Lovie will be good but I can’t believe he wants any part of this mess. Can’t rebuild so he is an interim HC. He won’t get a fair shot to build a team. Unless by some miracle the Watson crap gets resolved quickly.

The chances of Watson staying just increased 10 fold hiring Lovie, he took a team led by Rex Grossman to a Super Bowl, that’s no small feat.
Their quickest way back to relevance is with Watson at QB, Lovie will build a respectable D quickly, smart hire on a lot of levels, IMO.

#39907 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Don't worry, I just took a poll. 100% of wisconsites agree:

I actually responded with “the whole NFC north sucks”, but I will allow it.

*still has scars from being destroyed in the NFC north*

#39908 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

I am a huge Lovie fan, he was an integral part of the Bucs stout D for many years, but I feel like he isn’t quite up to speed on the modern NFL.
His character is high quality and players love playing for him… I wish him the best.

If he gets a good OC, he’ll let him call plays. Huge Lovie fan. I’ll be rooting for him.

#39909 2 years ago

I don't see it with Lovey. All I remember is terrible football since the Superbowl appearance.

#39910 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I don't see it with Lovey. All I remember is terrible football since the Superbowl appearance.

Wasn’t Smith fired after a winning season?

The bears once had winning seasons?!

#39911 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Wasn’t Smith fired after a winning season?

They brought him right back as HC after his firing

#39912 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I don't see it with Lovey.

Watsons stays, Lovie puts together a good D, or it fails miserably. There’s not a dominant team in that division.

#39913 2 years ago

Yeah it’s just interesting that guys like smith and Flores get fired after winning seasons. You don’t see that too often.

#39914 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Da Bears made the playoffs 2 out of the last 4 years, that’s a better clip than your Generals.

#39915 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Da Bears made the playoffs 2 out of the last 4 years, that’s a better clip than your Generals.

Public announcement:

If I’m talking shit about any of your teams just assume that I already acknowledge that Washington is as bad or worse.

Thank you drive through.

#39916 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Watsons stays, Lovie puts together a good D, or it fails miserably. There’s not a dominant team in that division.

NO WAY Watson stays. The Texans do not want him period. They want clean cut players. Any player that has had off field issues they have gotten rid of. They don’t pursue free agents with issues either.

Watson would have a hard time winning back fans….he would be booed the entire time. He wanted out so he is out. By NFL rules he could have played but he did not…that was a mutual agreement and he GOT PAID. Fuck Watson. Cut bait and move on.

#39917 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

All true.

But they can't put together a good defense if they're paying monster salary to a guy who wont play while still holding out for the biggest trade bounty of all time and flat out releasing excellent players like Zach Cunningham.

They could win 6 games I'd guess. Mills was a non-disastrous part of their season.

#39918 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

NO WAY Watson stays. The Texans do not want him period. They want clean cut players. Any player that has had off field issues they have gotten rid of. They don’t pursue free agents with issues either.
Watson would have a hard time winning back fans….he would be booed the entire time. He wanted out so he is out. By NFL rules he could have played but he did not…that was a mutual agreement and he GOT PAID. Fuck Watson. Cut bait and move on.

Your team is in a pickle.

#39919 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Your team is in a pickle.

Good one!!!

#39920 2 years ago

And you now have the best head coach in Texas

#39921 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah it’s just interesting that guys like smith and Flores get fired after winning seasons. You don’t see that too often.

Jim Caldwell, Tony Dungy

Shottenhiemer, Malarkey phew close call...nothing to see here!

#39922 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Interesting, we shall see.
Edit: sorry forgot...guess he knows whom he is now!

From now on, whenever anyone asks me "do you know who I am?", I'm going to reply with "alvin kamara?". Just in case.

#39923 2 years ago

From now on, whenever anyone asks me "do you know who I am?", I'm going to reply with "alvin kamara?". Just in case.

Hmmm....That time i didn't know whom James Toney was he he found it extremely infuriating.
You may be on to something

#39924 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Bengal Nation

So what's up with vic66 getting back in here in time to see Donald and Vin Miller run a muck on your boy Burrows!? Is your o-line up for the challenge!? Sorry to say.. but i'm going with LA on Sunday! But still wouldn't mind a WhoDey 'day! Should be a doozie

#39925 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

So what's up with vic66 getting back in here in time to see Donald and Vin Miller run a muck on your boy Burrows!? Is your o-line up for the challenge!? Sorry to say.. but i'm going with LA on Sunday! But still wouldn't mind a WhoDey 'day! Should be a doozie

Don't know about Vic, I ask about it so maybe. Hey, bet however you like. I of course am going with Cincy for the win. I think we will match up well and so long as our OL plays at least half-ass and Burrow gets any time he'll deliver.

WHO-DEY (resized).jpgWHO-DEY (resized).jpg
#39926 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

I think we will match up well

Love the optimism but the Bengals match up poorly O-line to Rams D-line. I suspect the coaches will need to pull a rabbit out of their asses to keep Burrow upright; hopefully Uzomah can go as I really would hate for Cincy to not have all their players available.

#39927 2 years ago

I love the bengals matchups via their 2-3 WRs vs Rams 2-3 CBs.

I think Burrow is the better QB too.

I also think if the Bengals can get any kind of pressure, Stafford is gonna struggle. He’s really bad against pressure.

#39928 2 years ago

I like both teams, just hoping for a good game.

#39929 2 years ago

I think it will be really exciting. I think both teams are going to make turnovers and both D lines are going to get some key sacks.

#39930 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Love the optimism but the Bengals match up poorly O-line to Rams D-line.

I'm sure you and most others felt the same way about the Titans D-line and it is a legitimate concern, but I think the outcome will be the same as in Nashville.

#39931 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I also think if the Bengals can get any kind of pressure, Stafford is gonna struggle. He’s really bad against pressure.

He struggled the last month of the season vs zone defenses but to say "he's really bad against pressure" ignores his career numbers.

IMO he is more a gambler like Favre and will try to make throws other QBs won't attempt. Playing strictly zone presents it's own problems as Kupp and OBJ can run every type of route

#39932 2 years ago

Fair to say the thread is leaning 60% Bengals, 10% Rams and 30% that just want to see a good game?

#39933 2 years ago

To be honest I think the biggest detriment to the Bengals will be playing in 80%+weather. Like having to play in Mile high except it'll be the heat that saps their energy. I foresee a lot of intravenous fluids for us lol

#39934 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Fair to say the thread is leaning 60% Bengals, 10% Rams and 30% that just want to see a good game?

100 percent Bengals, they just wont admit it.

#39935 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

He struggled the last month of the season vs zone defenses but to say "he's really bad against pressure" ignores his career numbers.

Purely talking this season. Ranks amongst the worst when facing pressure.

#39936 2 years ago

Go Bengals.LA is up there with the Cowboyz around here as they are rivals to my team.I like Stafford and Kupp though.

#39937 2 years ago

Wtf is up with Kyler Murray??

#39938 2 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Wtf is up with Kyler Murray??

Napoleon complex?

#39939 2 years ago

We interrupt your current Bengals / Rams programming for an important announcement:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/07/from-playmakers-nfl-general-counsel-jeff-pash-ordered-expungement-of-2015-air-pressure-measurements/

We now return you to your current discussion ...

#39940 2 years ago

Reading about the ideal gas law totally explains why Brady sent some poor kid to the bathroom to deflate balls after inspection (is he still alive, has anyone checked??), and then obstructed an investigation by crushing his cell phone.

#39941 2 years ago

Yourteamcheats.com has the entire story

#39942 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:Reading about the ideal gas law totally explains why Brady sent some poor kid to the bathroom to deflate balls after inspection (is he still alive, has anyone checked??), and then obstructed an investigation by crushing his cell phone.

Reading about this reminds me about how dumb the entire fucking thing was and what a waste of time and resources it was for everybody involved.

One can't help but compare this to how the NFL handles other controversies - Dan Snyder, minority coaching shams, etc. etc. - and shake one's head.

#39943 2 years ago

crushing his cell phone.

I thought Brady explained that was just to hide his dick pics from his wife.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

One can't help but compare this to how the NFL handles other controversies - Dan Snyder, minority coaching shams, etc. etc. - and shake one's head.

All true. And yet it’s fun to see that Pats nation is still stewing over it.

#39944 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

All true. And yet it’s fun to see that Pats nation is still stewing over it.

That is certainly true.

The aggrieved status of pats nation never failed to amuse and stupefy. Like winning 30 Super Bowls isn’t enough, we also had to to like you all too?

#39945 2 years ago

Best rumour I have heard all day.And Im all for it.Jimmy G to Tampa for Tom Bradys rights.

#39946 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Best rumour I have heard all day.And Im all for it.Jimmy G to Tampa for Tom Bradys rights.

That makes zero sense. Why would they even do that?

With Jimmy G the Bucs win 7 games next season.

#39947 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That makes zero sense. Why would they even do that?
With Jimmy G the Bucs win 7 games next season.

You don't think Jimmy G would work in the most pass heavy offense in the league?!?
#70%

#39948 2 years ago

Sorry dont care about that end of the deal.I want Trey Lance to learn another year while he watches Tommy win #8 or is it 9

#39949 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Sorry dont care about that end of the deal.I want Trey Lance to learn another year while he watches Tommy win #8

I think what we are trying to tell you is there isn't a snowball's chance in hell the Bucs trade Brady's "rights" for Jimmy G, and there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell Brady ever takes a snap for the 49ers.

Get ready for some Lancemania!

#39950 2 years ago

your raining on my parade

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 799 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/799?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.