pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 780 of 1,515.
#38951 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Isn't that how he got himself in trouble?

I mean...that happened in Georgia, not sure if they have laws there even.

#38952 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

We all have a long way to go to catch up with you on Tua mentions! I like that everyone is turning it into meme status. He is now the pinside qb.
[quoted image]

I love it!

Someone please take him. haha.

#38953 2 years ago

That Pinside logo on the Dolphins helmet looks better than the current cruise ship logo. haha

#38954 2 years ago

the new USFL is set to kick off with Jeff Fischer once again holding the HC rudder once the SuperbOwl's final play is a fading memory ... should USFL content be included for discussion in this thread or start a new topic?

I suspect a new topic, but curious to know what others think

#38955 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

I assume the usual 40 posts out of 39K aboot it here till it folds mid season.

#38956 2 years ago

So there is a USFL and an XFL coming up?

#38958 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

I think it's completely unlikely the "new USFL" or "XFL 3" completes their first seasons, much like the XFL, the PSFL, and the AAFAFFA or whatever the fuck it was called before it.

I don't understand why they refuse to give up on the concept of terrible football players trying to play Spring football in empty stadiums with TV broadcasts nobody is watching. It's a dumb idea and nobody wants it. Do people just enjoy burning money?

#38959 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

the new USFL is set to kick off with Jeff Fischer once again holding the HC rudder once the SuperbOwl's final play is a fading memory ... should USFL content be included for discussion in this thread or start a new topic?

New topic for sure.

#38960 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I assume the usual 40 posts out of 39K aboot it here till it folds mid season.

20 of those posts will be levi complaining about anyone talking about it.

#38961 2 years ago

XFL next year

The return of He Hate Me?

#38962 2 years ago

As bad as they are, Id still rather watch one of those leagues than the Pro Bowl

#38963 2 years ago

Sooo when does Arena football come back?

#38964 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

As bad as they are, Id still rather watch one of those leagues than the Pro Bowl

Change the Pro Bowl back to the OG format; I LOVED it.

#38965 2 years ago

Chiefs are the hardest team for the Bengals to beat of the final four. If they get by the Chiefs, they win the Super Bowl. Calling it, not even scared

#38966 2 years ago

Josh McDaniels to the Raiders along with Dave Ziegler from the Pats is heating up.

#38967 2 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

Chiefs are the hardest team for the Bengals to beat of the final four. If they get by the Chiefs, they win the Super Bowl. Calling it, not even scared

Very little chance the Bengals beat the Rams or Niners.....both those teams have great pass rushers, and JB will be on his back most of the game

#38968 2 years ago

What's the who dey crews' opinion on Desmond Ridder?

#38969 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Very little chance the Bengals beat the Rams or Niners.....both those teams have great pass rushers, and JB will be on his back most of the game

Wasn't that the case against the Titans too though, and he won that one.

#38970 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

KC's pass rush isn't their strength so could be fireworks.

If they pull off the upset I think I'd take Cincy over LA. SF is the NFC's TN so they could win that too.

#38971 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Yeah if they're planning on sacking him more than 10 times I'll take the under

#38972 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Turnovers is what won that game for Cincy....I'd love to see round 3 Bengals/Niners

#38973 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

What's the who dey crews' opinion on Desmond Ridder?

Ridder is not more than the average QB he has a decent arm but his accuracy can be erratic at times. So far as the pro's I think he will be a good backup but as a starter he'll need work.

#38974 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Very little chance the Bengals beat the Rams or Niners

Unforced turn overs by the Bengals are the only reason Cincy lost the first game against SF, without those special teams kickoff blunders I think Bengals win that game. Simply opinion though of a bias fan

#38975 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Unforced turn overs by the Bengals are the only reason Cincy lost the first game against SF, without those special teams kickoff blunders I think Bengals win that game. Simply opinion though of a bias fan

I like the Bengals, and especially Burrow whose a stud. The reality is parity at the top is real in the NFL, and anyone of these teams could win it on any given day.

#38976 2 years ago

I got no dog in this fight and I'd love to see the Bengals win to make Pinside Who-Dey nation happy.

I'm no Jimmy the Greek, but I think the Chiefs are going to to absolutely demolish them.

#38977 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I got no dog in this fight and I'd love to see the Bengals win to make Pinside Who-Dey nation happy.

I'm no Jimmy the Greek, but I think the Chiefs are going to to absolutely demolish them.

Of course we could lose and I would be disappointed but Bengals fans should still be happy however this turns out. We had a great season thus far and more importantly we got a good glimpse of what our future can be and it looks bright. I honestly believe we are an OL away from a super bowl win with this team.

#38978 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not many times does Andy lose twice to a team in the same year. Its hard for most teams to beat a team twice (or three times) in a year. Bills beat KC this year and lost in the playoffs. 2019 KC lost to Houston and Tennessee and beat them both in the playoffs. The last time was 2018 to the pats. That was Brady. That was the year the playoff coin toss went against the Chiefs.

This game should be another good one.

#38979 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Of course we could lose and I would be disappointed but Bengals fans should still be happy however this turns out. We had a great season thus far and more importantly we got a good glimpse of what our future can be and it looks bright. I honestly believe we are an OL away from a super bowl win with this team.

I hope you're off on Sunday! And Monday!

#38980 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I hope you're off on Sunday! And Monday!

Lol wish I was but no I have to work both days. I'll be checking in on the score and of course tape game to watch "win" I get off.

#38981 2 years ago

Brutal!

If I were you I'd start laying the groundwork for a call-in. Start sniffling, throw in some throat clears, do that pinch rub maneuver on your brow. Someone asks you about your weekend plans, tell them you're drained and just can't wait to catch up on some sleep. Sunday morning, put a clothespin on your nose and tell the boss you can't even.

#38982 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Not many times does Andy lose twice to a team in the same year. Its hard for most teams to beat a team twice (or three times) in a year.

Yeah that is true for the NFL in general, either way DudeRegular wish you guys luck same as I wish Bengals luck that this is one of the best games played and the winner goes on to hoist the Lombardy trophy!!!

#38983 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Yeah that is true for the NFL in general, either way DudeRegular wish you guys luck same as I wish Bengals luck that this is one of the best games played and the winner goes on to hoist the Lombardy trophy!!!

You might get the 2 day rona ,It appears the brain fog has started.Go Niners

#38984 2 years ago
Quoted from dq13:

Who Dey brother hopes goes your way!!!!

#38985 2 years ago

Brutal!
If I were you I'd start laying the groundwork for a call-in. Start sniffling, throw in some throat clears, do that pinch rub maneuver on your brow. Someone asks you about your weekend plans, tell them you're drained and just can't wait to catch up on some sleep. Sunday morning, put a clothespin on your nose and tell the boss you can't even.

the way I hear it, RWH has that new who-dey variant!

#38986 2 years ago

Pretty sure half the states of Ohio and Kentucky will be calling in sick on Sunday.

#38987 2 years ago

We're back to 14m under the cap with 12, cobb, and both smiths gone. We have some FA decisions, but we were leveraged to go all in this year. The cap situation should only be a 2022 problem if 12 is gone. We could figure out a way to keep some of it together, but a run next year with Rodgers would just be a watered down version of this year. We put everything in place for Rodgers to have his stupidly fucking coined last dance, and he put up 10 points. It was fun while it lasted, but it's hard to listen to the guy that was given everything he wanted (fired coach, top defense, even fucking roster decisions) talk about how he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild while he eats 20+% of the cap. OK, Aaron, tell us which of your friends you want to cut.
It's over. Time to move on. Collecting a bunch of draft picks is really the best case scenario for the franchise at this point. Think about the ROI, a 24th pick 15 years ago that nets you a SB, a whole bunch of deep runs (including heartbreaking losses), and 3+ premium picks to try it again in the next era. Thanks, Ted Thompson. The core of the roster is also in a really good spot. We have some incredible depth at OL (pending a Bahk return), two really solid RBs, some emerging TEs, a top 5 CB, another really promising CB coming off a great rookie campaign, and studs in Gary and Clark. Gutey has drafted really well. I feel pretty good at being back in the mix after a short rebuild.
If there's one thing the McVay/Shannahan offense has taught us, it's that you don't need a good QB to execute it (look at you jack goff, matt cassel 1.1).
If he just retires a Packer I guess that feels better in the short term, but I'm more interested in reloading at this point. But, if we decide to bandage it together for another run, maybe we're better off as a scrappy 4 seed.

My only observation is that while McVay/Shanahan offenses have taught you that you do indeed need a good QB to execute it. SF is winning in spite of Jimmy G. He even said he didn't trust Jimmy G to execute on 3rd and 7. LA cast off Goff the minute they were able to. Neither of those offenses have won a Super Bowl and it can be easily argued that the only reason this is true is due to mediocre QB play.

You need a top QB to win in today's NFL. It's no coincidence that of the remaining teams you have a #1 overall (Stafford), Mahomes (#10 overall, no explanations needed) and Burrow (#5 overall and has beat Mahomes). SF is a anomaly as they win in spite of Jimmy G with stout D and a running game. Does Jimmy G elevate the play of SF? No. The other 3 can and do.

#38988 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

You need a top QB to win in today's NFL...

Everyone's hoping for some "Luck of the O'Foles."

#38989 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Everyone's hoping for some "Luck of the O'Foles."

"....But what about Tom Brady? He was a 6th round pick!!!"

#38990 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

"....But what about Tom Brady? He was a 6th round pick!!!"

Hmm...not sure he was that low, I'd have to look it up.

#38991 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

Shanahan offenses have taught you that you do indeed need a good QB to execute it. SF is winning in spite of Jimmy G.

Got it.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#38992 2 years ago

McVay also managed to get to a SB with Jack Goff. Are you better off with a better QB than the likes of a bottom of the barrel JimmyG? Obviously.

#38993 2 years ago
Quoted from robotron911:

My only observation is that while McVay/Shanahan offenses have taught you that you do indeed need a good QB to execute it. SF is winning in spite of Jimmy G. He even said he didn't trust Jimmy G to execute on 3rd and 7. LA cast off Goff the minute they were able to. Neither of those offenses have won a Super Bowl and it can be easily argued that the only reason this is true is due to mediocre QB play.
You need a top QB to win in today's NFL. It's no coincidence that of the remaining teams you have a #1 overall (Stafford), Mahomes (#10 overall, no explanations needed) and Burrow (#5 overall and has beat Mahomes). SF is a anomaly as they win in spite of Jimmy G with stout D and a running game. Does Jimmy G elevate the play of SF? No. The other 3 can and do.

Everyone loves to bag on Jimmy G, but the reality is he's a great leader, beloved by his team mates, and WINS....a lot.....I'd take Jimmy over Stafford who hasn't won shit after being in the league forever. Too early to say if Burrow can win, but we all know Mahomes has done it...in regards to your 3rd and 7 comment it was single digit temps, snowing, and Niners have Deeboo....what about the multiple perfect throws he made to get to that point?

#38994 2 years ago

They'll go with Deebo until someone can actually stop him.

#38995 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Everyone loves to bag on Jimmy G, but the reality is he's a great leader, beloved by his team mates, and WINS....a lot.....I'd take Jimmy over Stafford who hasn't won shit after being in the league forever. T

You are out of your fuckin' mind!

Stafford has "won shit," the moment he left the awful Lions which nobody sane holds against him. He's got two playoff wins now if you haven't noticed.

Jimmy G is a weak-armed turkey and turnover machine. He sucks.

#38996 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Stafford has "won shit," the moment he left the awful Lions which nobody sane holds against him. He's got two playoff wins now if you haven't noticed.

Garapolo to Washington Commanders confirmed

#38997 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You sound bitter that your team once again isn't in the play offs. To say the guy sucks when in his 4 years as a starter he's won over 70% of his games including a 4-1 play off record certainly doesn't indicate that he sucks....I think your definition of "sucks" is very misguided...Stafford hasn't done shit for 12 years so yea he owns that miserable record. He clearly wasn't good enough to carry a team. The Rams are a very good team so yea he's seen some success....Jimmy G is 6-0 against the Rams by the way....not sure that gives them an edge this weekend, but its a fact

#38998 2 years ago

One thing I’ve learned from this thread is that if you’re not a HOF QB, you suck, there aren’t any mediocre QBs in the NFL.

#38999 2 years ago

Already have anxiety for this weekend. Cant even talk shit about the Chiefs, they are amazing. I absolutely believe the Bengals can beat them, but if not, incredible season and absolutely no one can take anything from them. They were picked by every major sports outlet to finish dead last in the mighty AFC North. Chiefs have everything to prove after losing to the goat last year and spending a fortune in free agency to protect Mahomes. Bengals have nothing to prove after exceeding literally everyone's expectations this year already winning their first playoff game in 31 years, and first road playoff game in team history.

On the other side of the coin you have a team who gambled their future on rent-a-players and a team with a mediocre QB. My only hot take this weekend is that the winner of Bengals / Chiefs is the Super Bowl champ. The Super Bowl itself is just a formality to crown the AFC champion.

WHO DEY!

#39000 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Garapolo to Washington Commanders confirmed

It's a definite possibility.

Most likely none of the top guys will come here. (Rodgers, Wilson, Watson)

So that leaves Derek Carr as the best number 2 option. I expect Washington to try very hard to land him. When that doesn't work out, it's off to the 3rd tier guys

Jimmy G
Trubisky
Mariotta

They are all shitty options but Rivera will definitely want a vet placeholder for next season. As long as it's not Jimmy G I'll be happy (well, not absolutely miserable I guess is the correct way to put it)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Boards
PinSound

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
There are 75,728 posts in this topic. You are on page 780 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/780?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.