nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 774 of 1,516.
#38651 2 years ago

Have you ever seen a team kneel down a ball outside of the end zone? Are we sure it counts if not touched?

#38652 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Have you ever seen a team kneel down a ball outside of the end zone? Are we sure it counts if not touched?

Yes I have. Happened in the last few seasons, and I saw a player do it this weekend even though it wasn't a live play; just doing it just to be safe

This is in addition to many players that take a knee on the 1 instead of scoring to run the clock...ask anyone that plays fantasy.

#38653 2 years ago

Pretty sure a player can kneel and give himself up at anytime during offensive or runback play. That's what victory formation is.

#38654 2 years ago

WTF Good season Bills

#38655 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220123-223936_Firefox.jpgScreenshot_20220123-223936_Firefox.jpg
#38656 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes I have. Happened in the last few seasons, and I saw a player do it this weekend even though it wasn't a live play; just doing it just to be safe
This is in addition to many players that take a knee on the 1 instead of scoring to run the clock...ask anyone that plays fantasy.

Point taken. However time would of come off the clock on a squib kick. Would it of mattered? We'll never know.

#38657 2 years ago

And in the heat of the moment a player may have picked it and ran with it.

#38658 2 years ago

Ok you're right. Perhaps the kickoff didn't necessarily matter.

What mattered is what I suggested months ago to end this madness...

The new kickoff rules HELP too many comebacks when the games should be out of reach.

New rule: use the old rule.
Final two minutes put kickoff ball on 20 not 25. Like old school times.

They used only two time outs to win it. Not three. Five more yards and maybe he doesn't make a 53 yarder.

#38659 2 years ago
F68A9049-68B1-4A25-A2C6-E3BD914104B7 (resized).jpegF68A9049-68B1-4A25-A2C6-E3BD914104B7 (resized).jpeg
#38660 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Point taken. However time would of come off the clock on a squib kick. Would it of mattered? We'll never know.

My point has always been its Mahomes, want to trade 2 seconds for 30s yards?

Quoted from tomdrum:

And in the heat of the moment a player may have picked it and ran with it.

Then just run an on sides kick at that point.
Could it possibly have maybe worked out better with a major mistake? Absolutely, players make dumb mistakes all the time (Singletary -7 yards catch!). Would it actually mattered? No idea, its all just theory not a major blown call.
IMO.

#38661 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

What mattered is what I suggested months ago to end....

Oh yeah the thing we all joke aboot now?

#38662 2 years ago

I think with a good squib kick, the guy fielding the ball is possibly thinking run sideline save 3 time outs. Or he's thinking I see day light. All comes down to how well they are coached. We'll never know. But that decision can earn 3 seconds or more.

10 seconds is quite different than 13. Two vs. three plays.

I actually had no idea the clock didn't start until touched. I always thought it was from the kick.

#38663 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

....the guy fielding the ball is possibly thinking....

...The coach and all the players around me are telling me to fucking down it...

#38664 2 years ago

I will say that the NFL overtime rules are terrible....A game like should never be determined by a coin toss....I'm surprised they haven't gone to the college OT rules, which are far more fair and entertaining

#38665 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I will say that the NFL overtime rules are terrible....A game like should never be determined by a coin toss....I'm surprised they haven't gone to the college OT rules, which are far more fair and entertaining

At least for the playoffs and keep it the same old style for regular season games.

#38666 2 years ago

Last weekend we got terrible football this weekend we saw the best it has to offer!

Disappointed that New York’s team is out. Don’t care who wins at this point, but Bengals have never done it so would be cool to see them get a trophy. I just don’t know if they can keep up with the likes of the Rams and KC.

#38667 2 years ago

I just can’t recall a game, a playoff game for that matter..this game was fn amazing..the last 2 minutes?! Are u fn kidding me?!

CFC3B026-1768-4AD4-8CB9-E124CEFB5638 (resized).jpegCFC3B026-1768-4AD4-8CB9-E124CEFB5638 (resized).jpeg
#38668 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Divisional round picks:
Titans
Bills
Packers
Buccaneers

0 for 4 … but some incredible football this weekend! Anyone else hit the loser’s parlay?

#38669 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

0 for 4 … but some incredible football this weekend! Anyone else hit the loser’s parlay?

6-0 the first week & 0-4 this week

I usually go around 50% so the corrections are justified

#38670 2 years ago

6-0 first week and 2-2 this week.......sad

#38671 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I just don’t know if they can keep up with the likes of the Rams and KC

We not only kept up but beat KC during reg season so hopefully we can get it done again.

#38672 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

We not only kept up but beat KC during reg season so hopefully we can get it done again.

And that might have been the best game of the season before this one.

#38673 2 years ago

If it’s a similar game to last time I hope the bengals play it the same and don’t let mahomes touch it to end the game.

#38674 2 years ago

For sure, that Chiefs/Bills game was super exiting and possibly the best playoff game I've ever seen. Such great QB play and skill players on offense.

My previous favorite playoff game was this classic.

#38675 2 years ago

Give it to the bills - they gave us some serious entertainment this season! Is heartbreak in tbeir dna?

How about that all-fime defense eh?

#38676 2 years ago

That mahones magic is just such an x-factor and why I cherish any wins we have agaiyhim no matter what the scenario was. That guy with hill and that TE is just so unpredictable what they can make out of nothing

#38677 2 years ago

Looks like good news for Bengals, Chargers and Dolphins fans; Bad news for Panthers, Bears and Seahawks and Jets, Jaguars and Lions about where you would expect to find them

NFL (resized).pngNFL (resized).png
#38678 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Looks like good news for Bengals, Chargers and Dolphins fans; Bad news for Panthers, Bears and Seahawks and Jets, Jaguars and Lions about where you would expect to find them
[quoted image]

Certainly looks like this is the Rams one and only chance to win the SB. Extra motivation?

#38679 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Bad news for Panthers, Bears and Seahawks and Jets

I get that it’s always bad news just being the Jets, but aren’t they #1 in resources/room on this chart?

#38680 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it’s a similar game to last time I hope the bengals play it the same and don’t let mahomes touch it to end the game.

Yeah it's going to be an uphill climb for sure but the team knows it's going to take their best effort to continue on the road. I admit I'll be disappointed if we come up short but man we have had a great season, one we can be proud of whatever the outcome so I say lets get it on baby!

#38681 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I get that it’s always bad news just being the Jets, but aren’t they #1 in resources/room on this chart?

You are correct. Sentence is poorly written

#38682 2 years ago

I have little faith in Miami's general manager and owner to make successful decisions with the resources they have.
Plus, compare li'l Tua to the studs that played quarterback this past weekend. Having resources doesn't equal success.

D1464188-257F-462B-92FD-752441C2812A (resized).pngD1464188-257F-462B-92FD-752441C2812A (resized).png
#38683 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I have little faith in Miami's general manager and owner to make successful decisions with the resources they have.
Plus, compare li'l Tua to the studs that played quarterback this past weekend. Having resources doesn't equal success.
[quoted image]

Do thoughts of Tua keep you up at night?

#38684 2 years ago

The Packers cap space is not great next season. I don't think they can sign Davante and keep Aaron Rodgers around. I see them both leaving as well as a few key defensive players.

The NFL OT rules blow. I get it, they don't want the games to drag on and affect other shows.

#38685 2 years ago

Sounds like Stefon Diggs pulled a Mike Curtis on the idiot Chiefs fan who stormed the field last night.

#38686 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Sounds like Stefon Diggs pulled a Mike Curtis on the idiot Chiefs fan who stormed the field last night.

Yeah all we saw was the dude on the ground and diggs getting some high 5s from the team

Quoted from Friengineer:

don't think they can sign Davante and keep Aaron Rodgers around

Rodgers gone, Adams franchised.

#38687 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is one of my favorite fan on the field moments:

#38688 2 years ago

Found video of Diggs hitting that dude. Pretty great!

#38689 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I tell you what, that dude was spry; got back up quick

#38690 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I tell you what, that dude was spry; got back up quick

Doing the Mamushka in a head lock is pretty impressive too

#38691 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

[quoted image]

TN is in a bad spot next year with the cap. This was really the last, best shot for this team as built.

#38692 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Do thoughts of Tua keep you up at night?

Nope. He's a good example of the problems in Miami's decision making though.

#38693 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Thanks for posting that. I got a chuckle. Nice pop by Diggs (Ex-Terp!!!!). The BBQs fan lost his shoe and took the hit well. His continued celebrations and ability to save his hat while security was trying to choke him out was pretty neat.

#38694 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

...This was really the last, best shot for this team as built.

Well you could a non-choking QB for cheap maybe?

#38695 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you could a non-choking QB for cheap maybe?

I'm all ears!

#38696 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Time doesn't run until the ball is touched by the receiving team. Immediate catch and give up results in no time off the clock. It's basically like fair-catching a punt.

#38697 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

The AFC Championship isn't played in Cincy and Cincy isn't getting some of the very favorable whistles it got that extended drives to win the last game.

#38698 2 years ago
Quoted from Friengineer:

The Packers cap space is not great next season. I don't think they can sign Davante and keep Aaron Rodgers around. I see them both leaving as well as a few key defensive players.

Rodgers is gone. I'm 90% sure of that at this point. Our FO is pretty great at dealing with the cap, but we sure did go all in on this roster to give 12 a solid shot. We save a lot of that cap space moving out both Smiths, Cobb (assuming 12 is also gone). A tag on 17 gets us to 5m over at that point (before any other UFA/RFA signings). Obviously a new contract with 17 helps us to save cap space over the tag. I assume we also restructure or make some moves along the OL. Historically we don't value interior linemen at all. Something is up with Bahktiari, not sure if he's ever going to be right at this point, but a cut/trade there doesn't save us anything.

The good news is our division is absolute dog shit, and we stand a chance to still be competitive with a rebuild and 3+ additional premium draft picks at our disposal.

#38699 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Looks like good news for Bengals, Chargers, and Dolphins fans; Bad news for Panthers, Bears and Seahawks and Jets, Jaguars and Lions about where you would expect to find them
[quoted image]

Really flawed analysis. What do the Bengals, Chargers, Eagles and Dolphins have in common? A QB on their rookie contract. And Pittsburgh is only in that quadrant because they are dropping off Big Ben's contract but they have NO answer for him at QB. That pretty much is the only analysis you need. The inflection point is how a team manages their cap when the rookie contract expires. There is a reason why Seattle dropped off - Wilson's contract. There is a reason why Green Bay will struggle - Roger's contract. Hell, Indy and Denver had issues because Manning was never going to leave a dollar on the table.

So far, only two top tier quarterbacks have been willing to forgo monies for more complete roster construction - Brady (7 championships) and Mahomes (don't let the dollar amount fool you, its a very team-friendly contract).

#38700 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

A tag on 17 gets us to 5m over at that point (before any other UFA/RFA signings). Obviously a new contract with 17 helps us to save cap space over the tag.

Davante is not going to rework his contract unless A rodge comes back. If they tag him, I think he holds out for a trade. No way he comes back if 12 leaves. Agreed on the smiths, Cobb, etc.

Total rebuild coming.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
There are 75,763 posts in this topic. You are on page 774 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/774?hl=danmarino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.