pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 761 of 1,507.
#38001 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

[quoted image]

Go Pats

395EB52F-9F4C-44D0-B141-DAAEA3BE38C1 (resized).jpeg395EB52F-9F4C-44D0-B141-DAAEA3BE38C1 (resized).jpeg
#38002 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh he said "5 verticals " meaning 1 play of 5 WR

I do think it's a little blown out of proportion...I mean, there is almost no way the Cowboys were going to win the game at that point. It's just something about the idiocy of calling a QB draw with 14 seconds on the clock that shines a spotlight on it.

It just lends smoke to the McCarthy is dumb fire. For me the most hilarious example was definitely the failed fake punt team play after the successful fake punt.

The idea that leaving your punt team out there on 1st and 10 is going to so freak out your opponent they'll be forced to take a time out just makes me giggle uncontrollably. Like...what defense wouldn't rather face your punt team than your actual offense?

#38003 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

That seemingly came in a snippy reply to a reporter asking him wtf he was thinking. Would you rather? Well I guess you'd rather take your chances at an out route and a shorter play, or at least some sort of shot at the EZ than just tossing the game ball to the niners. But no, you're right, Mike. You had the best idea.

McCarthy will be fired and Dan Quinn will be HC!

#38004 2 years ago

I bet the Cincy TN game is a shootout too.

#38005 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I bet the Cincy TN game is a shootout too.

No idea aboot Tenn...I wasn't super high on them before and a measly week off i feel like it's been a whole season.

#38006 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Lot of you boys are picking the bills over the chefs..both teams can light it up offensively..hoping that both teams are healthy for Sunday nights game, could be a shootout

Bills are better defensively and strong offensively.

Chiefs have the X-factor in their players.

Both the Chiefs and Rams have been shown to be shutdown in earlier games. But when they go into superman mode, they are hard to keep up with.

#38007 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Bills are better defensively and strong offensively.
Chiefs have the X-factor in their players.
Both the Chiefs and Rams have been shown to be shutdown in earlier games. But when they go into superman mode, they are hard to keep up with.

I agree, but i think Josh Allen is the ultimate x factor. I think he's got a higher ceiling than Mahomes.

Can't wait.

#38008 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No idea aboot Tenn...I wasn't super high on them before and a measly week off i feel like it's been a whole season.

I don’t know how well Cincy will be able to contain the run. They are beat up up front from this past game.

I think burrow will be better in the red zone this time too.

#38009 2 years ago

I don't blame McCarthy for preferring 1 pass from the 25 over 2 passes from the 40. Failure to get that last play off is 100% on Dak, 6 years in the league and he doesn't know to get the ball to the referee??

#38010 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I agree, but i think Josh Allen is the ultimate x factor. I think he's got a higher ceiling than Mahomes.
Can't wait.

Once again Allen needs to run his ass off and he can do it.

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t know how well Cincy will be able to contain the run...

And Titans don't rush like they used to

#38011 2 years ago

I saw a stat that Ezekiel Elliott has only four 100-yard games over the last two years. That's wild stuff considering how his career started.

#38012 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I saw a stat that Ezekiel Elliott has only four 100-yard games over the last two years. That's wild stuff considering how his career started.

It’s sad but true I was expecting more of an Emmitt Smith career.That’s not going to happen but I did see him take out two guys rushing with one tackle

#38013 2 years ago

holy crap the Patriots go boat raced this weekend, Bills mafia rejoice. Arizona got destroyed too, wow! Is Murray really the right QB for them? He makes really bad choices when it really counts.

Rams over Bucs
Pack over 49ers
Titans over Bengals
Bills over Chiefs

#38014 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

I don't blame McCarthy for preferring 1 pass from the 25 over 2 passes from the 40. Failure to get that last play off is 100% on Dak, 6 years in the league and he doesn't know to get the ball to the referee??

It comes down to coaching - you are going to call a play that dumb, you better be sure your players know what to do. It's pretty clear they didn't.

McCarthy is a scrub.

#38015 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Lot of you boys are picking the bills over the chefs..both teams can light it up offensively..hoping that both teams are healthy for Sunday nights game, could be a shootout

We know both offenses are crazy good, but this will come down to the best defense. Been a Chief's fan all my life and praying for a win, but Buffalo has the better defense. If the Bills defensive players all show up and play to their capability, they will take the win. Chiefs are going to need a lot of help from the 12th man. Thank god the game is in Arrowhead, it gives them a better chance to come out with a "W".

#38016 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

we know both offenses are crazy good, but this will come down to the best defense. Been a Chief's fan all my life and praying for a win, but Buffalo has the better defense. If the Bills defensive players all show up and play to their capability, they will take the win. Chiefs are going to need a lot of help from the 12th man. Thank god the game is in Arrowhead, it gives them a better chance.

Even then, the visiting Bills fans will give the BBQs a run for their money. Bills tailgaters are legendary partiers and eaters.

#38017 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Even then, the visiting Bills fans will give the BBQs a run for their money. Bills tailgaters are legendary partiers and eaters.

Have you ever been to Arrowhead before a game? There will be guys lined up with trailers and BBQ's before daylight, and they will party all day. Back in the day, we used to just eat and drink our way around the parking lot for several hours. KC is legendary for tailgating.....it will be a great game, and a great pre-game.

#38018 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bills tailgaters are legendary partiers and eaters.

I've been a fan since the early 80s. I can attest to this.

Nothing like tailgating at a home game.

#38019 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

There will be guys lined up with trailers and BBQ's before daylight,

Buffalo parking lots start filling up DAYS prior to playoff games with RVs. Literally days.

I've seen many tail gates at many stadiums. Nothing seems to compare.

#38020 2 years ago

I can't post today. Go BIlls.

#38021 2 years ago

Go bills.

#38022 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Quoted from romulusx:

It’s sad but true I was expecting more of an Emmitt Smith career.That’s not going to happen but I did see
him take out two guys rushing with one tackle

Well how did this game start...just like the last 2 seasons with Dak passing, plays called by an "Offensive Genius " kellen Moore. When did he show up? 2 years ago. When did Zeke lose 50+ carries a year? 2 years ago.

#38023 2 years ago

Go Bills. They are the only New York team that actually plays in the Empire State.

And let's face it, those fans deserve it. The 1990s were brutal.

#38024 2 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

We know both offenses are crazy good, but this will come down to the best defense. Been a Chief's fan all my life and praying for a win, but Buffalo has the better defense. If the Bills defensive players all show up and play to their capability, they will take the win. Chiefs are going to need a lot of help from the 12th man. Thank god the game is in Arrowhead, it gives them a better chance to come out with a "W".

The secondary for the chefs has to be solid on Sunday. Dirty Dan, Snead, Ward n company can’t allow big plays or penalties to happen. I think that turnovers, and a big play or 2, maybe special teams, determine the outcome of this game.

#38025 2 years ago

Chiefs fans fed me BBQ this year and the Bills did not. Go Chiefs!

#38026 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Yeah. He’s has fallen off a cliff considering what he was doing before. Might be wearing down.

#38027 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah. He’s has fallen off a cliff considering what he was doing before. Might be wearing down.

Yeah I think it's over for him. 27 is 38 in Running Back years.

Cowboys still owe him some ungodly guaranteed amount for next season, so the good news for all of us not Cowboys fans is that he'll remain in the lineup/clogging up a roster spot.

#38028 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

The secondary for the chefs has to be solid on Sunday. Dirty Dan, Snead, Ward n company can’t allow big plays or penalties to happen. I think that turnovers, and a big play or 2, maybe special teams, determine the outcome of this game.

The chiefs played a QB that was incapable of throwing the ball further than 6 yards. We will see if their secondary has improved this weekend. They sure didn’t look good against Cincy.

Agree on TOs. With these two offenses going at it, I say whichever team wins the turnover battle wins the game. If they tie in that respect, whomever has the ball last will win. Haha

#38029 2 years ago

If the Bills play the kinda of game they played on Saturday, they win easily.
No defense could’ve stopped that offense.

I actually feel pretty confident with them beating the Chiefs. Just too many offensive weapons. Now adding in McKenzie is making things more difficult in slowing them down.

#38030 2 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

If the Bills play the kinda of game they played on Saturday, they win easily.
No defense could’ve stopped that offense.
I actually feel pretty confident with them beating the Chiefs. Just too many offensive weapons. Now adding in McKenzie is making things more difficult in slowing them down.

I agree. However. I can see them laying an egg a bit too. It’s like when someone blows up a game in a tournament for an insane score then gets three house balls on the very same game the next match. Haha.

Can’t wait for that matchup though.

#38031 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well how did this game start...just like the last 2 seasons with Dak passing, plays called by an "Offensive Genius " kellen Moore. When did he show up? 2 years ago. When did Zeke lose 50+ carries a year? 2 years ago.

Zeke done lost a step bro!

#38032 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Cowboys still owe him some ungodly guaranteed amount for next season, so the good news for all of us not Cowboys fans is that he'll remain in the lineup/clogging up a roster spot.

Zeke is still pretty good receiver and a hell of a blocker he just don’t have that breakaway speed like Pollard has.

#38033 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Zeke done lost a step bro!

I'm sure he has, but when your defense is so shitty Dak has to pass 40 times a game, you won't be getting your touches. Zekes one of those backs that gets better as the game goes on. A team like Tenn he could probably do great in, but as soon as Dallas goes down they get scared, and throw the plan out of the window.

#38034 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Chiefs fans fed me BBQ this year and the Bills did not. Go Chiefs!

Impossible to dispute evidence like this!

#38035 2 years ago

I'm sure he has, but when your defense is so shitty Dak has to pass 40 times a game, you won't be getting your touches. Zekes one of those backs that gets better as the game goes on. A team like Tenn he could probably do great in, but as soon as Dallas goes down they get scared, and throw the plan out of the window.</blockquote

I don’t think he would be better anywhere else .He is who we thought he is.Dallas’s problems are more about McCarthy’s poor decisions and his terrible time management.Jones needs to fire him and put Quinn in as head coach.There’s too much talent there just poor leadership.

#38036 2 years ago

Maybe but all I heard all season was Diggs and Parsons were sliced bread.

#38037 2 years ago

I think it's safe to say, pre-season just ended, now it's real football.

#38038 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Zekes cap number is $18.2M next year. Dak is $34.5M. Lawrence is $27M. Cooper 22M. Martin 20M. Tyron Smith 17.5M. Collins 15.2M. That's 154.4M for 7 players. 2021 cap was 182.5M, it will rise in 2022. Cowboys can kick the can down the road with restructures but they are stuck with those contracts.

#38039 2 years ago

Dallas coaching situation is confusing me.
No way they let Kellen Moore leave and throw away their tried and true winning formula of shitty cowboy back up qb---> offensive Coordinator--->mediocre coach?!

#38040 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Dallas coaching situation is confusing me.
No way they let Kellen Moore leave and throw away their tried and true winning formula of shitty cowboy back up qb---> offensive Coordinator--->mediocre coach?!

Yeah they do. The Cowboys way. McCarthy is on thin ice despite what Jones says. Moore won't get a HC job this cycle I think.

#38042 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Maybe but all I heard all season was Diggs and Parsons were sliced bread.

Diggs is completely overrated, PFF had him as the 89th best corner. You know how you get a lot of ints? Because they throw it your way a ton. He allowed over 1000 yds in coverage, which is rarely done.

https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp/news/trevon-diggs-trashed-pff-dallas-washington-interception

#38043 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Go Bills. They are the only New York team that actually plays in the Empire State.
And let's face it, those fans deserve it. The 1990s were brutal.

Getting to the Super Bowl four times in a row and losing each and every one of them is brutal... no doubt. That said, I'd rather have that as my history than not having won one playoff game in over 30 years. My Lions haven't won a playoff game since January 5, 1992. And it doesn't quite look like they'll be in the hunt next year either.

#38044 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Diggs is completely overrated, PFF had him as the 89th best corner. You know how you get a lot of ints? Because they throw it your way a ton. He allowed over 1000 yds in coverage, which is rarely done.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/.amp/news/trevon-diggs-trashed-pff-dallas-washington-interception

And all he cares about are ints. Leads to getting burnt. A lot.

#38045 2 years ago

Elliott is awesome

IMG_20220108_223111 (resized).jpgIMG_20220108_223111 (resized).jpg
#38046 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I'm sure he has, but when your defense is so shitty Dak has to pass 40 times a game, you won't be getting your touches. Zekes one of those backs that gets better as the game goes on. A team like Tenn he could probably do great in, but as soon as Dallas goes down they get scared, and throw the plan out of the window.

Dallas had one of the best defense ratings in the NFL and best takeaways with 33,25 from interceptions!Yea I don’t think defense was the problem this year that’s why I think Dan Quinn should be elevated to HC before he goes elsewhere

#38047 2 years ago

Going with Bengals
Rams
Bills
GB

Worried over Bengals being down so many Defensive front players considering Tenn has Henry coming back but am placing trust in the fact Tenn Pass coverage sucks and Burrows and company will exploit that weakness.

#38048 2 years ago

Highest rated wild card game ever
Dallas vs SF 40 million plus watching.10 million because they love the Cowboys 30 million watch because they wanted to watch them loose

#38049 2 years ago

Naw, it was 10M 'Boys fans, 10M wanting them to lose, and 20M Canadians.

#38050 2 years ago

Yeah most fans really don't give a shit aboot the Cowboys and confused why they are talked aboot that much.
You get the bandwagoners during playoffs. Or chuckwagoners, whatever the fuck they call them down them parts.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 75,328 posts in this topic. You are on page 761 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/761 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.