pasted_image (resized).png
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 1,514.
#3751 9 years ago

Mike Pereira said it was the right call , and was just interviewed to explain exactly why it was the correct call , He said people may not like the rule but it is very clear . Even if it wasn't reversed and Cowboys got a touchdown there was still plenty of time left and the Packers were moving the ball well and could have gotten a touchdown or a field goal was all they would have needed to still win the game .

#3752 9 years ago

I hate the Cowboys (let's not confuse with their cheerleaders) However that was a hell uva catch, and it sure look like he was trying to push the ball forward to the line! This fing rule has to change! Also I do feel for Detroit they got shafted big time!

#3753 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

I hate the packs now ......to get them chickenhawks !!!

Don't worry everyone hates NE, so you are welcome to hate others as well.

#3754 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I wasn't rooting for either team, but I surely will be rooting for the Seahawks even more now.

Root for whomever you wish buttercup. Who is your team BTW?

#3755 9 years ago

He explained it all right and who decided if he was pushing the ball forward or "making a football play" That's the bull crap about the whole thing! I don't like Cowboys as I stated but taking catches like this out of football because someone decides its not a play????

#3756 9 years ago

I picked the pack to win that one but I they got away with one on that Des Bryant reversal.

#3757 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Mike Pereira said it was the right call , and was just interviewed to explain exactly why it was the correct call , He said people may not like the rule but it is very clear . Even if it wasn't reversed and Cowboys got a touchdown there was still plenty of time left and the Packers were moving the ball well and could have gotten a touchdown or a field goal was all they would have needed to still win the game

The second I saw that replay before they even said it, I thought of he Calvin Johnson call. I was pissed at that time cause the Bears walked away with the game. Rules are rules that was very gray area but it was a review and league office even can have a say on that replay and they called it no catch.

Wish we had that luxury years ago in the fail mary.

GO PACK GO!

#3758 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I picked the pack to win that one but I they got away with one on that Des Bryant reversal.

Rules are rules. It is what it is. That ball did a full on ricochet off the field.

#3759 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Sorry cheeseheads but KARMA is coming for you next week .....

Karma is a bitch and Seattle got it coning to them big time .

104439564_fail mary.jpg104439564_fail mary.jpg 0.jpg0.jpg
#3760 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

That game was stolen from the cowboys ....it makes me sick ...how refs could change a game with a stupid decision......

Tom Brady thinks that you should go back and STUDY THE RULE BOOK!

#3761 9 years ago

Before 50 other people make the comment, regardless if that call was not reversed, that WAS NOT the end of the game.

Let's stop acting like it was the last play of the game and Dallas was robbed. They may have been, who knows but did it looks like Dallas could stop GB in the end, I would have bet on GB to rally for points. But whatever, haters gonna hate, Pack is moving on, I'll take it!

#3762 9 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

He explained it all right and who decided if he was pushing the ball forward or "making a football play" That's the bull crap about the whole thing! I don't like Cowboys as I stated but taking catches like this out of football because someone decides its not a play????

The way I view it is SO many plays in the NFL fumbles are not ruled fumbles when the ground causes the fumble. The offense gets that benefit of the ground when runners reach out to try for extra yards and fumble so in my view coming down and reaching for extra yards on a catch they lose the benefit. It has always been in the NFL the ground can't assist a catch. Dez got greedy trying to make an amazing play into a play for the ages and a TD and cost himself the catch. Just another view when I look at it.

Pack turned it on when they needed 2nd half and Rodgers showed why he is the NFL MVP, he is amazing!

#3763 9 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

that WAS NOT the end of the game.

Exactly there was a ton of time left and all the Packers really would have needed was a field goal .Even if Dallas would have went for 2 and got it after a touchdown a field goal would have still tied it .

#3764 9 years ago

Great gritty win for Arodge! We surely have a brutal game next weekend. Seahawks are firing on all cylinders and are full on healthy.
Aaron-Rodgers-Tells-Packers-Fans-To-Relax.jpgAaron-Rodgers-Tells-Packers-Fans-To-Relax.jpg

#3765 9 years ago

It's funny how football fans make fun of the refs' calls during the world cup and here on the flip side refs are dictating the game in the playoffs. So much drama, so much yellow...Anyway, that's my random thought of the day.

Enjoy colts vs Broncos. I'm 3 for 3 on my pics this week; I got the Broncos but want to see luck and the colts pull off the upset. I'd take an Internet nut punch for that

#3766 9 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Karma is a bitch and Seattle got it coning to them big time .

104439564_fail mary.jpg 98 KB

0.jpg 28 KB

Let it go. Green Bay is a good team and your fans are too classy to dwell on a questionable call in a regular season game 3 years ago. Celebrate your win today and let's look forward to a great game next week.

#3767 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Let it go. Green Bay is a good team and your fans are too classy to dwell on a questionable call in a regular season game 3 years ago.

Questionable???? LOL!

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'd take an Internet nut punch for that

Lets just save it till I can visit the west coast and you can get a real CF nut punch!

#3769 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

Let it go. Green Bay is a good team and your fans are too classy to dwell on a questionable call in a regular season game 3 years ago. Celebrate your win today and let's look forward to a great game next week.

Questionable?

#3770 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Questionable???? LOL!

Lets just save it till I can visit the west coast and you can get a real CF nut punch!

Yeah questionable, I'm assuming you don't think it was the right call! I see lots of packers fans questioning the refs call.

#3771 9 years ago
Quoted from ChrisVW:

You think it was the right call?

Giving an Eskay a nut punch? Yup, he needs one, That guy doesn't even like spiderman. WTF?

#3772 9 years ago

GreenBay signs Tom Wrigglesworth!
looks the same and hoping he plays the same.
Just in case the calf gives out.

image-476.jpgimage-476.jpg
#3773 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Giving an Eskay a nut punch? Yup, he needs one, That guy doesn't even like spiderman. WTF?

Hahahahahahahahaha

#3774 9 years ago

Feel free to double check me on this and add your name as needed,
but after 3 of 4 divisional play-off games this weekend,
the following Pinsiders are 3 for 3 on their picks:

Erik, Eskaybee, Kkouppamaki, Pinball-is-great, and Whysnow.

#3775 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

That game was stolen from the cowboys ....it makes me sick ...how refs could change a game with a stupid decision......

Not the refs fault. It is a stupid rule that the refs were just enforcing. Rule needs to be changed.

#3776 9 years ago

Fans of football lost today.

55 minutes of that game were absolutely great. I was giddy with laughter at the back and forth scores and well fought game (I'm a Raiders fan, so I didn't care who won. I just wanted to see a fair fight.)
Then with 5 minutes remaining, the rule book, AND the referees got in the way, and brought the awesome game to its knees. Tuck rule, take 2.
NFL 1, Fans 0.
Game could have gone either way after an inevitable Cowboys TD and 0 or 2 point conversion. I just wanted to see the game end fair and square with 00:00 left on the clock, and instead it was ended prematurely with 5:00 on the clock.

Jason Garrett and his team get my props for that insanely great call, and Romo and Dez did great on the play.

Check out the stats on that game, nearly equal. Football doesn't get much more exciting than that game.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400749518

-mof

#3777 9 years ago

so much for the refs not getting involved today. Really is a shame what a sham the 'sport' has become. I thought for sure this game would have played out on the merits of the teams, but yet again the entire outcome of the game drawn into question with some silly reffing.

#3778 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

so much for the refs not getting involved today. Really is a shame what a sham the 'sport' has become. I thought for sure this game would have played out on the merits of the teams, but yet again the entire outcome of the game drawn into question with some silly reffing.

Stop watching and quit bitching. Pinside could really use a little less bitch from you.

#3779 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Stop watching and quit bitching. Pinside could really use a little less bitch from you.

i'm challenging this decision

packers football.jpgpackers football.jpg
#3780 9 years ago

Flanker, if the shoe was on the other foot I am sure you would be telling a different tale.

That game was a blast to watch for the first 55 min and then the last 5 min was just so very sad. Real fans of the sport should feel robbed when stuff like that happens. Insanely bad call and ruins the integrity of the sport.

By playoffs, the refs are supposed to be firing on all cylinders just like the guys playing the game, yet it seems like more and more shady calls each year.

#3781 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That game was a blast to watch for the first 55 min and then the last 5 min was just so very sad. Real fans of the sport should feel robbed when stuff like that happens. Insanely bad call and ruins the integrity of the sport.

When the refs upheld the rulebook? Im tired of your shit to be honest.

#3782 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

This says it all.

#3783 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

i'm challenging this decision

packers football.jpg 7 KB

That was a poor challenge flag!

#3784 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Refs on the field and everyone else live action saw it as a catch and then making an action of advancing the football.

I thought replays supposedly needed irrefutable evidence to overturn?

Seems to me the refs made a new interpretation of what happened on the field to suit their desired outcome. I honestly think they need to make some changes if they want to salvage the sport and bring it back to what it once was. Were there all these confrontational calls 10 years ago? I never remember so many close and botched calls.

#3785 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Refs on the field and everyone else live action saw it as a catch and then making an action of advancing the football.
Seems to me the refs made a new interpretation of what happened on the field to suit their desired outcome. I honestly think they need to make some changes if they want to salvage the sport and bring it back to what it once was. Were there all these confrontational calls 10 years ago? I never remember so many close and botched calls.

Games over, move on.

#3786 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The thing is it looked very similar to the Calvin Johnson catch that was also reversed. In this case it is the bad rule and not the refs fault.

#3787 9 years ago

After seeing the last few posts, I rescind my prior statement that I just wanted to see another Pats Carolina super bowl, and replace that with I wanted to see all the epic butthurt had they beaten Seattle and Green Bay, lol. Too bad, that would've been comedy gold. You guys are way the f too touchy for something you have no personal hand in. Hilarious.

#3788 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Seahawks 38 - Panthers 21
Packers 31 - Cowboys 20
Patriots 27 - Ravens 21
Broncos 35 - Colts 21

3 for 3 so far...

Are broncos gonna make me 4 for 4? It is the one I feel the least confident about. I may have over shot score also.

#3789 9 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Jason Garrett and his team get my props for that insanely great call, and Romo and Dez did great on the play.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400749518
-mof

Are you kidding me? That was a stupid call that was way to risky on a fourth and one considering the Dallas running back would almost certainly plow for a couple of yards for the first. Even if Dez did score they would have left too much time on the clock for Rodgers. Stupid call.

#3790 9 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Are you kidding me? That was a stupid call that was way to risky on a fourth and one considering the Dallas running back would almost certainly plow for a couple of yards for the first. Even if Dez did score they would have left too much time on the clock for Rodgers. Stupid call.

I don't believe Demarco Murray was on the field for that play

#3791 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

3 for 3 so far...
Are broncos gonna make me 4 for 4? It is the one I feel the least confident about. I may have over shot score also.

Disqualified for Doucheyness.

#3792 9 years ago

I just noticed that we now have two votes for the 3rd choice.

Who are the goofballs that voted this way: "no but I'm a complete moron" : (2 votes)

#3793 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Disqualified for Doucheyness.

LOL. Come on Flanker, I was even rooting for the fudgepackers, just wish they could have done it without the assist.

#3794 9 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

I just noticed that we now have two votes for the 3rd choice.
Who are the goofballs that voted this way: "no but I'm a complete moron" : (2 votes)

Hilton for sure and probably Eskay since he dislikes spiderman.

#3795 9 years ago

Superdisqualified.

#3796 9 years ago
Quoted from tilt-master:

I don't believe Demarco Murray was on the field for that play

Exactly. Why not? Horrible play calling.

#3797 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Apparently not. Ball touched the ground in the first half without doubt and they called it a catch for GB - no reversal. Second half catch was made by Cowboys and football play too and it was reversed in GB favor despite irrefutable evidence. Oh well. Sure glad my team was not in this game. It's one of those games that gets an asterisk in the history book.

#3798 9 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Sure glad my team was not in this game

Who is…………Buccaneers? Dolphins?………Raiders?

#3799 9 years ago

Oh Man, another controversial call on the Cribbs punt return, guess whomever wins this game better hang their heads in shame.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
There are 75,686 posts in this topic. You are on page 76 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.