pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 742 of 1,507.
#37051 2 years ago

Hey Marino I was at that game when the Colts D ended his career ha. Fuck you.

#37052 2 years ago

At least now it’s mathematically possible for a team to do worse than the Lions’ 0-16 season.

#37053 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

I wasn’t focused on this particular record. When I heard that a season record was broken, I thought about the bigger picture of season records in general: rushing yds, passing yds, interceptions, tackles for loss, etc.

If we want to protect the sanctity of the records, it makes sense to me to break them down by stat per games (on the schedule, not played).

It's not perfect, since dudes that played 14 games probably didn't have to deal with the wear and tear, but they also didn't have the training staffs and facilities modern players have. Overall it provides a little more advantage to those players on the shorter schedules, but it seems most people prefer records fall less often anyway.

#37054 2 years ago

17 game seasons...16...14....12 etc etc
People still act like 1000 yard season means anything. I heard of the "great" season Devonte Smith had almost eeking out 1000 yards in 17 games; ok sure thing

#37055 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

At least now it’s mathematically possible for a team to do worse than the Lions’ 0-16 season.

I have confidence in Cleveland seizing that trophy in a few years.

#37056 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

17 game seasons...16...14....12 etc etc
People still act like 1000 yard season means anything. I heard of the "great" season Devonte Smith had almost eeking out 1000 yards in 17 games; ok sure thing

Yeah. I’m surprised they don’t keep separate lists for all this stuff. It’s silly.

#37057 2 years ago

Just tie, baby!

#37058 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Colts losing a must win game to the 2-14 interim jags in front of a crowd filled with clowns. Yikes...

And they lost their first round pick for this year's draft.

#37059 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

And they lost their first round pick for the season.

Screenshot_20220109-163951_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220109-163951_Brave (resized).jpg
#37060 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I feel your pain brother!!
Wenst is a weak ankled turkey

Now and forever !!!

#37061 2 years ago

Looks like I missed a shitty day of NFL action. Week 18 a joke?

But Romulus, on the plus side, I scored this for 3 bucks!!

8760F3F3-F561-4A85-A58D-0BFF3A9C08A1 (resized).jpeg8760F3F3-F561-4A85-A58D-0BFF3A9C08A1 (resized).jpeg
#37062 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey Marino I was at that game when the Colts D ended his career ha. Fuck you.

Marino’s last game was a playoff loss to the Jaguars where they got blown out and Marino got benched.

#37063 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But Romulus, on the plus side, I scored this for 3 bucks!![quoted image]

I think it's been pretty good. We had an unexpected blowout, an OT game, a very exciting GB-Det game, some close scores, and lots of playoff positioning settled. Heck, the WFT even won!!

#37064 2 years ago

How about those Steelers. Not going anywhere, but glad they are making it

#37065 2 years ago

Another record broken, but Waddle didn’t play 17 games and had terrible Tua and Brissett throwing him the ball.

61287B47-EEFF-44BA-B3E4-C4CD23EF8F8F (resized).png61287B47-EEFF-44BA-B3E4-C4CD23EF8F8F (resized).png
#37066 2 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

How about those Steelers. Not going anywhere, but glad they are making it

I wouldn't mind seeing them get a couple of underdog wins in the playoffs.

#37067 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I wouldn't mind seeing them get a couple of underdog wins in the playoffs.

KC is a tough ask. But history shows all it takes is a low knee hit to turn fortunes around

#37068 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

KC is a tough ask. But history shows all it takes is a low knee hit to turn fortunes around

PTSD_Chihuahua_Banner (resized).jpgPTSD_Chihuahua_Banner (resized).jpg
#37069 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I love Pittsburgh sports, but Ben better have more than a 35.5 QBR against the Chiefs. Granted, the Ravens are always tough as nails when they play Pittsburgh.

#37070 2 years ago

NFL stats are really not comparable anymore….season records can easily be broken now with 17 games. But how often are players gonna be healthy enough to play all 17 games….probably less often than we think. Stats are interesting but fairly meaningless in football. The only stat that matters in football is wins and losses.

I know this year would be skewed with Covid but I would like to see the stat with a breakdown of games played this season by all players…remove the games misses by Covid and what is the number of players who played all 17 games….break it down by position as well. That would be interesting.

#37071 2 years ago

I think you just need to start looking at per game averages to compare apples to apples

#37072 2 years ago

As an Eagles fan, thanks you Colts. We get your #1, unloaded a huge contract and used your #3 last year to move up to draft DaVonta Smith. Eagles will be one and done in the playoffs most likely but hey there's next year with three 1st round draft picks.

#37073 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

NFL stats are really not comparable anymore….season records can easily be broken now with 17 games. But how often are players gonna be healthy enough to play all 17 games….probably less often than we think. Stats are interesting but fairly meaningless in football. The only stat that matters in football is wins and losses.
I know this year would be skewed with Covid but I would like to see the stat with a breakdown of games played this season by all players…remove the games misses by Covid and what is the number of players who played all 17 games….break it down by position as well. That would be interesting.

I would be interested too. When I used to mod for Dallascowboys.com, there were guys that would do DEEP stat dives like that.

#37074 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think you just need to start looking at per game averages to compare apples to apples

I thought about that as well but the problem is you can’t really do it that way….you can’t say every receiver/RB had the same number of opportunities each game. If you are a receiver but you are only targeted once that game your stat is gonna show that. It becomes very subjective at that point and meaningless.

#37075 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

I thought about that as well but the problem is you can’t really do it that way….you can’t say every receiver/RB had the same number of opportunities each game. If you are a receiver but you are only targeted once that game your stat is gonna show that. It becomes very subjective at that point and meaningless.

Right. Look at averages per target. All the info is out there.

#37076 2 years ago

It’s quite possible that Wentz is worse than Tua. Tua isn’t playing very well again today.

#37077 2 years ago

Watching this Saints/Falcons game while trying to keep an eye on the Rams/Niners game is killing me.

#37078 2 years ago

Maybe next year harumph

#37079 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Maybe next year harumph

I feel the same way Gryzzz.

Yea, we have so fricking many injuries, may be better if we don't go to the playoffs. It was an amazing job of coaching by Payton this season after Jamis got hurt.

#37080 2 years ago

Wentz needs trained by Peyton, seriously.

#37081 2 years ago

Trashy Tua sweeps the Patriots this year.

#37082 2 years ago

Can the 49ers close this out…..we shall soon find out.

#37084 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

But Romulus, on the plus side, I scored this for 3 bucks!![quoted image]

Stormbringer and Holy Man!!!

#37086 2 years ago

Same old Stafford!

#37088 2 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Wentz needs trained by Peyton, seriously.

Since Wentz had his knee injury he hasn't been the same. In 2017 he would of been MVP till the injury. Now he's average at best.

#37089 2 years ago

Thankyou Niners for moving up the Lions’ first round pick from the Rams!

#37090 2 years ago

Go Bills 11-6

#37091 2 years ago
Quoted from tomdrum:

Since Wentz had his knee injury he hasn't been the same. In 2017 he would of been MVP till the injury. Now he's average at best.

I'd extend him!

#37092 2 years ago

Now that this 18 week, 17 game season is over, I'd like to say I'm thankful -- that no .500 or losing teams made the playoffs. For a few weeks there it was sure looking like a possibility in the NFC.

-mof

#37093 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Same old Stafford!

Watching the end of SF/LA, it reminded me of the ending of many Lions games with Matthew Stafford at QB, just a different uniform. Overall stats were great, just couldn’t seem to win in the biggest games.

#37094 2 years ago
Screenshot_20220109-190409_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220109-190409_Brave (resized).jpg
#37095 2 years ago

Congrats Bills fans on doing your job today.

And congrats Fish fans on sweeping our sorry butts this year. Always the spoilers, though not so much spoiling this year compared to a couple previous others

And congrats to the Pats, for taking only a year off from the post season with Camtastic, and finding the way to bring a rookie QB to where he did what was needed to secure a post season birth his first NFL year.

Hoping next week isn't our last this post season, but even if it is ... at least we didn't lose to (or tie with) the Jags, Lions, or Jets this year during the regular season

#37096 2 years ago

49ers are looking tough going in to playoffs. Hopefully they can knock off Dallas.

#37097 2 years ago

Bills held the Jets to 52 Total Net Yards.

#37098 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

49ers are looking tough going in to playoffs. Hopefully they can knock off Dallas.

Noooooooo!

#37099 2 years ago

Rich said it, not me.

03FE4B63-1392-4576-870F-C164D0B9DB00 (resized).png03FE4B63-1392-4576-870F-C164D0B9DB00 (resized).png
#37100 2 years ago
Quoted from guss:

Bills held the Jets to 52 Total Net Yards.

Hopefully we keep our D coordinator after this season but that’s just wishful thinking. He really deserves a chance at leading a team of his own if he chooses that route.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 75,325 posts in this topic. You are on page 742 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/742 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.