tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 729 of 1,514.
#36401 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Im still not convinced you even watch the games. The Bengals are first place in the north(they're in the AFC btw) 4-1 againt the division..Joe is playing some pirdy good football, just through for +500yards.. i mean, c'mon. Embarrassing to not score 35 points? Laid an egg?

Everyone finds ways to rationalize sometimes. Maybe BS is the choice this time!

#36402 2 years ago

No one is talking SB or even a deep playoff run but the fact that Cincy has made the strides they have this season is very exciting for us fans, now if they actually put Burrow behind a REAL OL I can see us next season as a viable AFC championship threat. Oh and I know Erik will not agree but I can't help but feel with better play calling this season we could have won a couple more of the close games.

#36403 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

No one is talking SB or even a deep playoff run but the fact that Cincy has made the strides they have this season is very exciting for us fans, now if they actually put Burrow behind a REAL OL I can see us next season as a viable AFC championship threat. Oh and I know Erik will not agree but I can't help but feel with better play calling this season we could have won a couple more of the close games.

On the fence with the Zac Taylor stuff. On one hand he’s made some very questionable calls. But on the other hand the Bengals are the least penalized team in the NFL, which is such a refreshing contrast to prior Bengals coaches.

I think overall he’s really coming into his own and creating a good culture in Cincinnati. Everyone wanted to blame him for the 49er loss, but if they didn’t fumble 3 punts they blow the niners out.

These stats are almost solely on the coaching staff. Huge.

https://www.footballdb.com/stats/penalties.html?sort=numyds

#36404 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Or made some kicks or completed the plays they did call. Either way.

#36405 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

But on the other hand the Bengals are the least penalized team in the NFL, which is such a refreshing contrast to prior Bengals coaches.

Oh yeah that has helped us in every win this year when in the past we seemed to shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties at the worst possible moment.

#36406 2 years ago

Hey either way it is exciting times in Cincinnati right now with the Bengals vying for a playoff spot and the Bearcats with a chance to play for a National Championship what more can we as for! Who Dey and Go Bearcats!

#36407 2 years ago

Who dey!

#36408 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

KC Cinci is going to be a fun game this week. Fingers crossed, knock on wood, and whatever other superstitions we can come up with in full affect so each team has everybody available from this covid run.
Chiefs and Bengals fans have that long run of playoff win drought in common. We finally broke ours after a crazy streak. Bengals are due. Tons of talent on that team now. Legit QB, two freak receivers, great rb, talent all over on defense too.

Edwards helaire not playing enough this year with injuries but williams is good.

#36409 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Oh and I know Erik will not agree but I can't help but feel with better play calling this season we could have won a couple more of the close games.

haha I just like seeing you riled up over him. I have no opinion on him. I did see his name floated as a COTY candidate though.

#36410 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

haha I just like seeing you riled up over him. I have no opinion on him. I did see his name floated as a COTY candidate though.

It’s an old, tired narrative that I don’t think is fair anymore. He was a brand new coach less than 3 years ago. I think he’s just getting warmed up.

#36411 2 years ago

Daditude I guess Dallas has a big decision coming up. Stick with your boy McCarthy or let Kellen Moore walk. What's it gonna be?

#36412 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Daditude I guess Dallas has a big decision coming up. Stick with your boy McCarthy or let Kellen Moore walk. What's it gonna be?

I wouldn't be surprised if Dan Quinn gets some interviews(for another head coaching gig) this offseason too.. Moore is the coordinator but the offense goes through McCarthy. Dak has as much say in the play calling as Kellen..although i can see some teams giving him a look to fill their HC needs.( i hope they both stay with McCarthy)

#36413 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Im still not convinced you even watch the games. The Bengals are first place in the north(they're in the AFC btw) 4-1 againt the division..Joe is playing some pirdy good football, just through for +500yards.. i mean, c'mon. Embarrassing to not score 35 points? Laid an egg?

Pardon me for not blowing burrows pole for your impressive .500 record over the last two months including losses to powerhouse teams like the jets, browns, and 49ers. You gonna defend those double digit losses with impressive qb numbers against a team with literally one starter, total, in the secondary?

Keep hugging those game stats against a dead shell of a team. They are meaningless. You got the win as you should have. But high fiving over the stats over the scrubs is acting like a team who has never won anything.

#36414 2 years ago

Thanks for joining us Flynn. It’s so much more happy in here when you jump in. Lamar is better than Burrow. The Ravens are a better team than the Bengals when healthy. Hopefully the Bengals can keep cashing in their lucky chips the rest of the way.

#36415 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Read the post - already said they laid an egg that day. Just like the bengals have laid several this year.
And ‘its the nfl’ doesn’t cover the adversity they have had.
We had one cB left who had any real starts… and he was the nickleback before. And even he went out injured. The secondary is a backyard pickem lineup. Not just ‘not raven starters’… but never been starters. Seymour was just picked up 4 weeks ago (5 starts in fouf years). Westry was a practice squad guy picked up in the off-season. Young was a extra cb who missed nearly all of 2020 and has never earned his way back on the field.
They are making game decisions based on even being able to put a body on the field. It’s comically bad. I don’t see how they will even staff for the rest of the season right now. There is no depth chart… its suit up… you’re last man standing for CBs and safeties.
Two of our starting lbs were taken off the street mid season. The only position that hasn’t been decimated is WR.
Oh and that’s after losing both quarterbacks.
You should have been embarrassed if you didn’t put up 35 points.

Tell us one football fact about Seymour, Westry or Young. You speak their names like you know their favorite colors or what high school they went to. Heck, You probably think a nickleback is a refund!

#36416 2 years ago

Lamar is an exceptional running talent. Burrow is a quarterback.
I like both of their attitudes. They both seem to really want to win games. Running Lamar is the best Lamar. Imagine if Lamar was on a team with better coaching and a better offensive coordinator.

#36417 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I hate to say it, but I don't think Kellen Moore will be here next year. He already has TONS of interest from around the league. Making the move to HC is the next logical step for him.

#36418 2 years ago

Lamar hasn’t been a good runner all season. The fact the offense has doubled their points output since lamar went down shows how bad he’s been playing of late. Not a good look for him coming up to the contract talks that have to happen this off-season

The ravens do not want to give the opposing team ANY freebies and always give the absolute minimum information about injuries… probably to the point of violating the intent of the rules.

Something was off with lamar all season with his mobility- and the implosion of the o line exposed him further. He gets caught from behind all the time now and he doesn’t do well in a crowd. So forcing him forward into the collapsing pocket has been his weakness. He’s been bad against the blitz… which for a mobile qb is wonky. He isn’t great with presnap analysis.

Huntley behind the same line you watch him scramble almost every snap because of the breakdown… but he was actually doing better at surviving it more consistently.

Nick boyle is another example of where they aren’t being clear on his health. The loss of boyle is what killed our running formula we used to such great success last year. With scrub rbs, missing our lead blocking te, and ricard being in/out now… the run game is a joke.

The best thing from this season has been Bateman’s performance as a rookie WR, hollywood brown showing he’s no longer afraid of contact, and the potential shown by Oweh and Queen.

The ravens will only have maybe 2-3 people from the secondary back next year. Stephens because hes the rookie, and humphrey.

I bought an Oweh jersey this year. I hope he keeps developing and we actually keep a DE/lb for a change.

#36419 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Pardon me for not blowing burrows pole for your impressive .500 record over the last two months including losses to powerhouse teams like the jets, browns, and 49ers. You gonna defend those double digit losses with impressive qb numbers against a team with literally one starter, total, in the secondary?
Keep hugging those game stats against a dead shell of a team. They are meaningless. You got the win as you should have. But high fiving over the stats over the scrubs is acting like a team who has never won anything.

Do you hate the Bengals as a baltimore fan, or do you just think they are garbage in general?

I have to say, as a Football fan... I have enjoyed their surge upwards, and I hope it continues.

#36420 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Tell us one football fact about Seymour, Westry or Young. You speak their names like you know their favorite colors or what high school they went to. Heck, You probably think a nickleback is a refund!

Have anything intelligent to say? Because you clearly can’t read.

#36421 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

Do you hate the Bengals as a baltimore fan, or do you just think they are garbage in general?
I have to say, as a Football fan... I have enjoyed their surge upwards, and I hope it continues.

I don’t think they are garbage. They are the team i was most worried about in the division this year. But I am not going to sing from the rooftops when you successfully throw against a zone defense full of scrubs like you just set the benchmark of the future. Just like i called out mof for talking about the bills defense as “all time” team after just four games.

I don’t think the begals have been reliable enough this year go be a championship threat. But with the uncertainty of afc teams this year… who knows maybe they fall into something.

But it seems KC and the bills have shaken off their stink and are heating up at the right time.

Colts are getting better… and when the pats have their passing game clicking they are going to be hard to beat.

I don’t think the begals can hang with any of those teams if they are firing at full steam.

The only good team bengals beat all year was the ravens back in October. The KC game is gonna be the real test.

#36422 2 years ago

…and colts just lost wentz to covid list. The afc round table spins again…

#36423 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

…and colts just lost wentz to covid list. The afc round table spins again…

There will definitely be playoff games more or less decided by who is on COVID list and who isn’t. Season is turning into a joke.

#36424 2 years ago

I hope the Bengals get a covid Championship.

#36425 2 years ago

Im kinda shocked players don’t want to be fully isolated during this home stretch

I mean teams can’t do it themselves because of the union but after line three weeks you’d think players would actually want to win and start making changes.

#36426 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope the Bengals get a covid Championship.

You are totally jinxing Burrow onto the COVID list.

#36427 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You are totally jinxing Burrow onto the COVID list.

Better than the blowing out a knee in the wildcard game jinx.

As for Corvis, the league has to start swallowing the whistle with the positives. You won't be hearing any of the top 4 college Football teams tests results!

#36428 2 years ago

Wentz on the COVID list, and he's unvaxxed. Don't make your SB plans quite yet Gryzzz.

#36429 2 years ago

College has rules that they don’t test if you’re vaxxed and show no symptoms. NFL should do the same. Every player would be fully vaxxed immediately.

#36430 2 years ago

Fully vaxxed or fully "immunized" ?? haha

#36431 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Every player would be fully vaxxed immediately.

No they wouldn't. Cole Beasley 200K less already, Gabriel Davis out 2 weeks; and this is one of the best teams in the NFL with an actual chance.
No one gives a shit. These are the healthiest people in the world. They won't change so just change the rule and dont test anyone that doesn't show symptoms....wink wink and then just don't test anyone.
Replacement players in the playoffs would be a disaster

#36432 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No they wouldn't. Cole Beasley 200K less already, Gabriel Davis out 2 weeks; and this is one of the best teams in the NFL with an actual chance.
No one gives a shit. These are the healthiest people in the world. They won't change so just change the rule and dont test anyone that doesn't show symptoms.

So wait. Is the same rule in place for the NFL? And if so, and those players still choose not to play, then they suck.

#36433 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So wait? Is the same rule in place for the NFL? And if so, and those players still choose not to play, then they suck.

I believe they used to test weekly and/or with symptoms, but now they've moved to random testing.

#36434 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I believe they used to test weekly and/or with symptoms, but now they've moved to random testing.

Random for vaccinated players

#36435 2 years ago

Just read in week 15, 2/3 of all cases were Asymptomatic

#36436 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Just read in week 15, 2/3 of all cases were Asymptomatic

Yeah that’s dumb. We’re they all unvaxxed?

#36437 2 years ago

Top UK scientist says research shows omicron covid less harmful than prior outbreaks, although more contagious:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/28/omicron-is-not-the-same-disease-as-earlier-covid-waves-says-uk-scientist

Looks like this thing might hopefully mutate itself into common cold v2

#36438 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Yeah that’s dumb. We’re they all unvaxxed?

94%+ of the league is vaxxed so heck no.

#36439 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

Top UK scientist says research shows omicron covid less harmful than prior outbreaks, although more contagious:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/dec/28/omicron-is-not-the-same-disease-as-earlier-covid-waves-says-uk-scientist
Looks like this thing might hopefully mutate itself into common cold v2

That would be awesome.

#36440 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

94%+ of the league is vaxxed so heck no.

Then that’s extra dumb. Just test if they have symptoms.

#36441 2 years ago

Yeah we already know it's weak sauce, and anyone watching sports can tell you how contagious it is. Everyone is going good get this one guys; and when we do its going to boost our bodies, it's for the best

#36442 2 years ago

What happens when a snot-nosed player gets tested and is neg for Covid but poz for flu... do they play??

#36443 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

What happens when a snot-nosed player gets tested and is neg for Covid but poz for flu... do they play??

I guess it depends. Sometimes players play with illness or are out with illness. I guess it’s up to the team docs and the player in those situations.

#36444 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I remember a famous flu game

064A5FF5-9E41-4909-AA81-512081938C8F (resized).jpeg064A5FF5-9E41-4909-AA81-512081938C8F (resized).jpeg
#36445 2 years ago

John Madden dead at 85. I watched his special on xmas, sure felt like a living eulogy more than a doc. Sad. I was always a fan.

#36446 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

John Madden dead at 85. I watched his special on xmas, sure felt like a living eulogy more than a doc. Sad. I was always a fan.

What a fucking legend. RIP

#36447 2 years ago

John Madden, one of a kind. I'm old enough to remember him on the sidelines for the Raiders and in the booth. There will never be another!

#36448 2 years ago

"If the quarterback throws the ball and the receiver catches it in the end zone, it's a touchdown."

RIP to a real football legend.

#36449 2 years ago

90% of the game is half mental.

#36450 2 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:What a fucking legend. RIP

Pretty much this

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 729 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/729?hl=danmarino and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.