pasted_image (resized).png
ABFF6A14-A7B3-4E6D-808C-987EE8DB1B8D (resized).jpeg
c780136c-89af-4e7a-af72-4e4c649af2cd_text.gif
IMG_6166 (resized).jpeg
8 Simple Rules (resized).jpg
20240221_202217 (resized).jpg
nfl-closeup (resized).jpg
nfl-usa (resized).jpg

There are 73,909 posts in this topic. You are on page 714 of 1,479.
#35651 2 years ago

So much for a bills playoff run again this year.

#35652 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

So much for a bills playoff run again this year.

They’ll still make the playoffs

#35653 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

They’ll still make the playoffs

I think so too but Indy is a real problem and would bump them with the same record. Someone ahead of them has to stumble.

#35654 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think so too but Indy is a real problem and would bump them with the same record. Someone ahead of them has to stumble.

Cincinnati plays teams at or above .500 the rest of the season, FPI gives them only 40% chance. Indys upcoming schedule is tough as well.

#35655 2 years ago

Watching Belichick hug his son & celebrate like he singlehandedly won that game made me think he really believes it.
He truly can take ANY roster and extract 8 to 10 wins per season. Crazy football IQ…

#35656 2 years ago
Quoted from embryonjohn:

Watching Belichick hug his son & celebrate like he singlehandedly won that game made me think he really believes it.
He truly can take ANY roster and extract 8 to 10 wins per season. Crazy football IQ…

Poor browns.

#35657 2 years ago

Dammit, the Pats fans starting to seep back in here like sludge leaking into a Love Canal basement!!

(still better than another Dirtbag return...)

#35658 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Dammit, the Pats fans starting to seep back in here like sludge leaking into a Love Canal basement!!
(still better than another Dirtbag return...)

I have a hunting cabin that gets little use during the deep freeze but as soon as I fire up the stove in Jan/Feb, the frozen flies lining the window ledges thaw out, magically come alive & fly all over the god damn place.
Think of us as those shithouse flies and you the guy who forgot to sweep em up when they were down.

#35659 2 years ago

"Let’s not give more credit than we need to give credit to Bill Belichick in this one." - Sean McDermott

#35660 2 years ago

Haha - translation: "No no, we played crappy, the Patriots don't deserve any credit, especially not Bill."

I've never seen this many teams bunched up together with between 6-9 wins in the AFC, and with 5 regular season games to go, this could get very interesting. Even the Patriots can't rest with 9 wins - lots of stuff will change over the next 5 weeks (at least I hope).

#35661 2 years ago

McDermott better get his shit together quick, Bills playing Patriots 'south' next week

#35662 2 years ago

Shower thought- they should make major personal foul penalties 15yd vouchers to be used at the coach's discretion. Essentially makes sure that they're all of potential equal value, instead of the half the distance to the goal repeat down type shit we sometimes see. Probably to be used in the same half.

#35663 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Shower thought- they should make major personal foul penalties 15yd vouchers to be used at the coach's discretion. Essentially makes sure that they're all of potential equal value, instead of the half the distance to the goal repeat down type shit we sometimes see. Probably to be used in the same half.

I’d like to see personal foul calls be subject to review. I know it’s just more bullshit we have to sit through but these are often truly game-changing flags.

#35664 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I’d like to see personal foul calls be subject to review. I know it’s just more bullshit we have to sit through but these are often truly game-changing flags.

Raiders Cowboys game for instance
What the hell is wrong with these refs all the reveiws and they’ve gotten worse, so I can see taking a look at some of these obvious bad calls!Levi are you ready for some competition this weekend?

#35665 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Raiders Cowboys game for instance
What the hell is wrong with these refs all the reveiws and they’ve gotten worse, so I can see taking a look at some of these obvious bad calls!Levi are you ready for some competition this weekend?

I'm pretty psyched. Not sure how it's gonna go but I feel pretty good about it. Washington has a ton of injuries but it's been that way all season...getting Landon Collins, McKissick, some linemen and a TE or two back this week would be huge but we'll see. Cowboys look relatively healthy.

Anyway, fuck the Cowboys!

#35666 2 years ago

Go Cowboys

#35667 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm pretty psyched. Not sure how it's gonna go but I feel pretty good about it. Washington has a ton of injuries but it's been that way all season...getting Landon Collins, McKissick, some linemen and a TE or two back this week would be huge but we'll see. Cowboys look relatively healthy.
Anyway, fuck the Cowboys!

Zeke with a bruised knee Pollard with a toe injury.If this was the 90’s I would say fuck the Redskins!

#35668 2 years ago

You want to explain this Cowboys bullshit? Why aren't you a Bills fan you hoser?!

#35669 2 years ago

Personal fouls reviewable would end like PI probably and never be changed.

#35670 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You want to explain this Cowboys bullshit? Why aren't you a Bills fan you hoser?!

Geography lesson: I am closer to Texas than i am to Buffalo. I think you're insinuating that everyone from Canada lives near the NewYork border and knows that guy Dave from Toronto. Not true, some of us live in the arctic, it's a cold baron wasteland where we hunt seals with our neighbor Nantook. Growing up we only had one channel in our igloos and it was a west coast feed.

#35671 2 years ago

That's Mantracker country right there

#35672 2 years ago

Im about 13 hours (driving) from Minnesota's new barn.. damn border prevented a road trip to see the cowboy's play there this year..

#35673 2 years ago

I stand corrected, humbled, and educated!!!

Also, fuck the Cowboys!!!

#35674 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I stand corrected, humbled, and educated!!!
Also, fuck the Cowboys!!!

Haha..yup! I don't know why the fuk i picked them when i was young.. but that's who my allegiance is with. I can understand hating Americas team and everything they stand for tho! They get too much national exposure.

#35675 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Haha..yup! I don't know why the fuk i picked them when i was young.. but that's who my allegiance is with. I can understand hating Americas team and everything they stand for tho! They get too much national exposure.

The best explanation for loving the Cowboys came from Skip Bayless on his show to Shannon Sharpe!
Look it up and you’ll see why old Cowboy fans feel the way they do.
Fortunately I have my Colts to love on too

#35676 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The best explanation for loving the Cowboys came from Skip Bayless on his show to Shannon Sharpe!
Look it up and you’ll see why old Cowboy fans feel the way they do.
Fortunately I have my Colts to love on too

Skip Bayless is his own explanation for being a Cowboys fan:

Obnoxious know it all front running asshole? Sign up! You are a Cowboys fan!!

(I'll admit I sometimes actually like Skip, he can be amusing. I like when he told everybody Aikman was gay to help sell some books)

#35677 2 years ago

Bayless is the actual worst, one of the few i refuse to watch under any circumstance.
Sucks becasue I actually like Sharpe.

#35678 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bayless is the actual worst, one of the few i refuse to watch under any circumstance.

Here's tha thang, skiyupp!!

Bayless really is the worst. Typical Cowboys fan! At least he's from Texas.

#35679 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The best explanation for loving the Cowboys came from

Best explanation I ever heard - local Philly sports station WIP has a call in for Cowboy fans to explain themselves.

Young guy calls in, says his dad abandoned the family when he was a baby but tried to reconcile years later by taking him to football games. Kid gets the whole speech 'You are from Philly - you bleed Eagles Green - blah blah'

Kid thinks to himself 'fuck this guy - I choose the other team' which happened to be the Cowboys that week

Anthony Gargano gave him a lifetime pass FWIW

#35680 2 years ago

Bayless is really really bad, but no one is worse than cowherd.

#35681 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Here's tha thang, skiyupp!!
Bayless really is the worst. Typical Cowboys fan! At least he's from Texas.

Will that was easy!!

#35682 2 years ago

add Joe Buck,I cant stand to listen to this guy.His head is so far up Troys rear when Aikman farts buck says Hall of famer.

#35683 2 years ago

Is there any commentators you guys do like?

#35684 2 years ago

First year but I like Drew Brees.

#35685 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bayless is the actual worst, one of the few i refuse to watch....

....but no one is worse than cowherd.

That's the other one. I can;t even believe he's real...seems like a Bill Hader character.

Quoted from Jamesays:

add Joe Buck...

I used to hate him but i'm mellowing on him. As we've talked aboot before Aikman is just the standard Southern simple-man character along with Collinsworth.

#35686 2 years ago

Is Tom Brady more likeable as a Buccaneer? Is it just me, or does he seem to enjoy being away from New England?

#35687 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Is it just me, or does he seem to enjoy being away from New England?

Yeah I think the entire world figured that one out last year.

#35688 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ESPN shows have become trash and it's rolled over into their writing to...

1/3 of articles are like 'Look at what Skip had to say about X' -- No, I don't give one fuck what he has to say about X. I don't want any video cips or articles about what talking head XYZ had to say about ABC trying to get clicks.

#35689 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

I enjoy listening to Tony Romo

#35690 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I enjoy listening to Tony Romo

I love Madden-Summerall!!!!!

#35691 2 years ago

Wait - is somebody implying that there's football being played this coming weekend? I though the NFL had a bye week this weekend

#35692 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

ESPN shows have become trash and it's rolled over into their writing to...
1/3 of articles are like 'Look at what Skip had to say about X' -- No, I don't give one fuck what he has to say about X. I don't want any video cips or articles about what talking head XYZ had to say about ABC trying to get clicks.

The sports world reacts to the [insert sports personality] news

#35693 2 years ago

Greg Olsen has been pretty decent in the few games I've heard him.

Buck is a blowhard, but he's a pretty decent announcer. I think a lot of the hate is oversaturation. You get him on the biggest game of the week, every week, and now he's on twice a week(?)... and that's just football.

Let's all just be thankful we don't have to listen to Sean McDonough every Monday. That guy was the absolute worst.

#35694 2 years ago

I was never fond of Madden, but strangely somehow loved Howard Cosell

#35695 2 years ago
Quoted from Rodent:

I was never fond of Madden, but strangely somehow loved Howard Cosell

Howard and Dandy Don Meredith
Hell yeah

#35696 2 years ago

Kevin Harlan is my favorite. He used to do play by play for the Timberwolves in the 90's and was fun to listen to, and I don't like basketball.

#35697 2 years ago

I says pardon!

unnamed-1 (resized).jpgunnamed-1 (resized).jpg
#35698 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Romo! Annnnd i will say this. I absolutely fukkin hate every single woman NFL reporter or commentator.. WTFAAAAK can they tell someone about the game! Sorry if that offends! But c'mon man! Hockey or baseball maybe.. but its not like the perfect female football league exisss....
LFL65 (resized).jpgLFL65 (resized).jpg

132388060 (resized).jpg132388060 (resized).jpg
#35699 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Romo! Annnnd i will say this. I absolutely fukkin hate every single woman NFL reporter or commentator.. WTFAAAAK can they tell someone about the game! Sorry if that offends! But c'mon man! Hockey or baseball maybe.. but its not like the perfect female football league exisss....

I hear guys say this sort of thing all the time... and I really don't get it. Why can't women study and understand football enough to report or comment on it? Is CTE and a pair of testicles a prerequisite?

Sophia Minneart is the Brewers reporter. She's done better than anyone I can think of that came before her. She offers some pretty incredible insight into the club on the local radio shows - she knows her shit, and she's educated the portion of the fan base that can stand to listen to anyone that doesn't have a square jawline.

#35700 2 years ago

Mina Kimes football IQ blows most dudes away.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
There are 73,909 posts in this topic. You are on page 714 of 1,479.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/714?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.