tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg
dirtbag-sees-all (resized).jpg
brimstone-gotbrim.gif
200w.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
436537586_10224867727456020_9063380137916814163_n (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 691 of 1,514.
#34501 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

How did he do that?

He did pretty good at Alabama, I am not surprised.

#34502 2 years ago

Why you guys not talking bad about Lamar?

#34503 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Past their bedtime?

#34504 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

You may be the most manic fan ever.

#34505 2 years ago

Kinda looked like the blueprint for how to beat Lamar and the Ravens. Kinda like the Chargers did in the playoffs a few years back and the Titans after that. Pressure Lamar and keep him from running.

#34506 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm only used to seeing him choke in the playoffs.

#34507 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Haha! You’re right! It’s rough being a Dolphins fan. Gotta take the good when it happens because it might not come around again for a while.

#34508 2 years ago

Swear to God Roethlisberger is a corpse and the fucking AFC North does whatever they can to hand him the division

#34509 2 years ago

Back in the day I liked watching Dan Marino playing, and I thought it was cool that he was at the game tonight.

I figured this game would be a blowout, and the Dolphins would lose.

I have never cared anything about the Ravens, so while not a fan like you, I LOVED THIS GAME!

#34510 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Swear to God Roethlisberger is a corpse and the fucking AFC North does whatever they can to hand him the division

Hopefully this year leads to him getting extended for another 10 years.

#34511 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I love it!

Tua! <3

#34512 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

You mean " meatheadburger?" More washed up than Peyton Manning was. Able to thrown 10 yards this year.

#34513 2 years ago
Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Back in the day I liked watching Dan Marino playing, and I thought it was cool that he was at the game tonight.
I figured this game would be a blowout, and the Dolphins would lose.
I have never cared anything about the Ravens, so while not a fan like you, I LOVED THIS GAME!

Wait a minute...are you inferring a Dan Marino conspiracy?? I love it!
Waka Waka

We should seriously go on Tik Tok and try to make this a thing.

#34514 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Pittsburgh seems to back their way into the playoffs every year. It looks like it may happen again even though Roethlisberger is one of the worst QB's in the NFL and the Steelers are an average team at best.

Congratulations to the Dolphins though. They did to Jamal what the Raiders did to him week 1 - blitz the hell out of him and take him out of his comfort zone. It's a risky strategy though. If you miss on the blitz, it could be 6 points going the other way.

#34515 2 years ago

Well, last nights game sucked ass.

#34516 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Well, last nights game sucked ass.

Yep...and now we have to wait three more days for games

#34517 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

three more days

Hopefully this thread can hold its $hit together while we wait.

#34518 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Hopefully this year leads to him getting extended for another 10 years.

Well the whole "Bengals are a great team" project may be taking a few more seasons than expected, so we got that going for us.

#34519 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Bengals are a great team

It was fun believing for a week or two!

#34520 2 years ago

I just hope Big Ben plays forever.

#34521 2 years ago

Do they at least have a first rounder on the bench getting polished into a diamond while we watch Big Ben decline into his 40s?

#34522 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Do they at least have a first rounder on the bench getting polished into a diamond while we watch Big Ben decline into his 40s?

No. Why would they? They have Big Ben. No reason to have anyone until he’s gone.

#34523 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

No need, Rodgers will be on the team next season.

#34524 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

No. Why would they? They have Big Ben. No reason to have anyone until he’s gone.

Isn’t Neil O Donnell backing him up?

#34525 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Dwayne Haskins is waiting to claim the throne.

#34526 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

That would be wild.

#34527 2 years ago

How are the Steelers an upgrade for him?
Why not stay Pack until the rust sets in? Seems like he's not there yet.

#34528 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

How are the Steelers an upgrade for him?

He hates it there.

#34529 2 years ago

Haha back up...we laugh at such logical forward thinking ideas!

Quoted from jandrea95:

Yup Rodgers most likely will be rolling in.

Or Matt Ryan

Quoted from mof:

I'm starting to realize you don't get much NFL news outside of the 49ers.
How is it an upgrade? Did you see the best team in the AFC get smoked by the Fish last night?

#34530 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoy watching Harbaugh lose. Not as much fun as watching Tom Brady and Belichick lose, but darn close.

Maybe Aaron Rodgers can fly on down to Miami to close out his career? I'm all for that.

#34531 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Maybe Aaron Rodgers can fly on down to Miami to close out his career? I'm all for that.

Ah the old Jimmy Johnson Special!

#34532 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

He hates it there.

He says he's having more fun than he's ever had. At least until the woke mob came after him.

Seriously, I think he's ours as long as we want (and he's under contract). Our defense is finally good, and the rest of the team is solid. He's got one of the best WRs in the league, and he coach he actually likes. Why disrupt that?

I think he would have tried to leave if the SF or LAR jobs were open, but alas. I'm still hoping to see those tampering draft picks come our way, but that's unlikely.

#34533 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

He says he's having more fun than he's ever had. At least until the woke mob came after him.
Seriously, I think he's ours as long as we want (and he's under contract). Our defense is finally good, and the rest of the team is solid. He's got one of the best WRs in the league, and he coach he actually likes. Why disrupt that?
I think he would have tried to leave if the SF or LAR jobs were open, but alas. I'm still hoping to see those tampering draft picks come our way, but that's unlikely.

Didn’t realize you were apart of the Packers organization. . I kid I kid. I bet he leaves after this season.

#34534 2 years ago

I prefer he stays, but the types of bounties offered for Watson would be a great consolation. Three 1sts and two 2nds should help to kickstart the next decade of dominance in the NFC North!

#34535 2 years ago

Yeah rodge and the pack are sick of each other, and the allure of pulling a Brady and winning a ring somewhere else is gonna be too hard to resist.

I keep hearing Rodgers has "4 or 5" years left in him but I really think the success of Cyborg Brady has made people forget that most humans actually get old. Rodgers certainly looks old to me...wouldn't be surprised if he's finished in a year or two.

QBs playing a top level over the age 40 the new normal? I doubt it. Especially when you are a normal human who eats regular food etc. Rodgers sure looks like that kind of a guy to me.

I expect he'll be a full-time Fox News correspondent in a couple years, not on a football field.

#34536 2 years ago

He says he's having more fun than he's ever had.

Hes been known to say things he doesn't mean

#34538 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Hes been known to say things he doesn't mean

Grade A fibber that one.

#34539 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I keep hearing Rodgers has "4 or 5" years left in him but I really think the success of Cyborg Brady has made people forget that most humans actually get old. Rodgers certainly looks old to me...wouldn't be surprised if he's finished in a year or two.

Rodgers relies on arm talent way more than Brady does. That's not going to last forever. He still looks pretty darn good to me though. I give him another 2-3 years, but keep in mind he was talking about retirement pretty early in his career. He talked about how music (shitty music from what I can tell) is his real passion. If his insufferable GF pops out a couple of kids, I could see him hanging it up and doing his own thing.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

QBs playing a top level over the age 40 the new normal? I doubt it. Especially when you are a normal human who eats regular food etc. Rodgers sure looks like that kind of a guy to me.

Rodgers spent some type with Brady a few years ago and completely bought into the whole 'goop' type lifestyle Brady peddles. He's all in on the yoga thing and that sort of stuff. It's fine I guess. To me Roethlisberger looks like what happens when athletes eat like regular dudes. Also not exactly the kind of guy that I expect to see in a yoga studio.

I take that back.. maybe in the corner of the yoga studio, or within viewing distance of the parking lot... but not contorting himself into weird shapes in the interest of prolonging his career.

#34540 2 years ago

He talked about how music (shitty music from what I can tell) is his real passion.

657EDD57-8C2A-4FF9-81F7-E7FBE919C78F.gif657EDD57-8C2A-4FF9-81F7-E7FBE919C78F.gif
#34541 2 years ago

There's also the very real possibility after the love-less game they appease him and shitcan the GM. They may be entering the rent free Rodgers era

#34542 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's also the very real possibility after the love-less game they appease him and shitcan the GM. They may be entering the rent free Rodgers era

Not exactly how we roll, but maybe. For as much drama as there was in the offseason, we came out of this in really good shape. Rodgers didn't sit, we're 7-2, and we have him under a revised contract that allow us to decide what to do with him after the season. Davante not under contract after this year, but a franchise tag would be a great value. Rodgers seems to think he can bring guys with him wherever he wants to go... that's not exactly how any of this works.

A very small part of me wants to see Love suit up again on Sunday against the beatable Seahawks. You don't get many opportunities to see if your successor has what it takes to grab the reigns like this.

Love certainly didn't look great, but the Chiefs defense is tough... not good, but tough. They blitz a ton, I think he faced pressure from unblocked defenders something like 14 times. We didn't have the right game plan installed either. Dillon was looking really good early, and we just got too impatient.

#34543 2 years ago

He talked about how music (shitty music from what I can tell) is his real passion

If I can picture anyone sitting on the grass playing acoustic guitar, while dropping knowledge bombs between shitty riffs, on a college campus with a bunch of freshmen around him, it is definitely Aaron Rodgers.

#34544 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If I can picture anyone sitting on the grass playing acoustic guitar, while dropping knowledge bombs between shitty riffs, on a college campus with a bunch of freshmen around him, it is definitely Aaron Rodgers.

"This one's called 'Critical Thinker's Blues"....

#34545 2 years ago

What's up with receivers who haven't retired:

Dez Bryant and Michael Crabtree? Who else is out there?

Aren't they only like 33-34?

The GOAT Jerry Rice was still useful through age 41, and perhaps not so much in only his final season at age 42.

Are teams still interested in receivers over 32?

-mof

#34546 2 years ago

Dude can't catch.

#34547 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

but I really think the success of Cyborg Brady has made people forget that most humans actually get old.

Brady would be a nice add to the multi-view alien tracking screen should there ever be another installment of the Men In Black movies

R

#34548 2 years ago

Not exactly how we roll, but maybe...

Been watching GB for a long time and I can tell you putting out Love @ QB is not how they roll either; He was awful.
If he hadn't been so bad as to not make it off the practice squad for an entire year I might give him the benefit, but I'm just not buying it.

#34549 2 years ago

Dude can't catch.

You could be onto something, he is after all -- all the way down at 124th all time in yardage next to Crabtree.
Nowhere near: AB, JJ, DJAX, DHOP up in the top 43 all time...

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/rec_yds_career.htm

#34550 2 years ago

So friday nite recap.. Rodgers eats avocado toast and listens to Florida Georgia line..and big Ben eats meat and potatoes and listens to Styx! (Renegade) 2 more sleeps

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 18.95
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,679 posts in this topic. You are on page 691 of 1,514.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/691?hl=zaki and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.