giphy (1).gif
nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 1,507.
#3401 9 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I demand the unretirements of Dave Krieg and Steve DeBerg!

Dave can barely put a sentence together any longer. This sport was not kind to him!

#3403 9 years ago

What's with the doctor Jekyll and Mr. Hyde thing going on with the Colts?

#3404 9 years ago

Welcome to opposite world in the NFL, WTF happened today?!?!

#3405 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Just a few thoughts from yesterdays games….
1)Cowboys got embarrassed at home by a solid Eagle team. Id say Cowboys are no where near a Super Bowl contender, Dez Bryant and Murray seem great but the defense looks rough at this point. Mark Sanchez took it to them! LOL! Romo looked terrible. Cowboys may still squeak into the playoffs and play the NFC south division winner so they could advance to the 2nd round though, Crazy!

Flank, I'm wondering if you still feel this way after watching what the Cowboys have done to the Eagles and the Colts in the last two weeks?

The Cowboys have scored 35 points or more in 3 straight games now.

....and by the way: those 3 games have all been in December! (Cowboys usually fall apart in December).

I don't think there is a team in the NFC that the Cowboys can't beat. I think certain teams can give them a lot more trouble than others though. I don't think they match up well agains the Packers for example.

Romo was one completion away from having the highest completion percentage in an NFL game at over 92% (would have beat Kurt Warner). Instead he threw an incomplete pass (that was almost picked off).

#3406 9 years ago

GO HAWKS!
The BEAST !

image.jpgimage.jpg

#3407 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Flank, I'm wondering if you still feel this way after watching what the Cowboys have done to the Eagles and the Colts in the last two weeks?

Defense rebounded nicely after that Eagle blowout. Id say Packers+Seahawks are the 2 best in the NFC then the Cowboys.

Edit----Colts seem slightly overrated, Luck is an awesome QB but they have no RB's and the D seems suspect, they dominated a weak division this year.

#3409 9 years ago

Russell Wilson is off the charts!image.jpgimage.jpg

#3410 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Defense rebounded nicely after that Eagle blowout. Id say Packers+Seahawks are the 2 best in the NFC then the Cowboys.

Although I will change my mind on the Packers if we lose to the Lions next week.

#3411 9 years ago

nfc south division ......

Its a shame one of these teams are going to the playoffs...

#3412 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Its a shame one of these teams are going to the playoffs...

Agreed, bigger shame is they get a home game. NFL should have changed that seeding format when they realigned the 3 divisions into the 4 groups.

#3413 9 years ago

Looks like Raiola will be out. What a goon.

Seattle looks tough, and I hate how we matchup against them, particularly in Seattle.

#3414 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Looks like Raiola will be out. What a goon.

You think he will be suspended? I doubt it, just a stupid fine that really means nothing to these types.

#3415 9 years ago

I thought I heard the talking heads speculate that he'd get 2 games. I think that was based on some other stomping. Obviously, disciplinary consistency isn't always in play.

#3416 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I thought I heard the talking heads speculate that he'd get 2 games. I think that was based on some other stomping. Obviously, disciplinary consistency isn't always in play.

Yep, NFL goes by Jamiacan rules for punishments.

#3417 9 years ago

Beating Seattle in Seattle? No problem. lol...

#3418 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Russell Wilson is off the charts!

Russell Wilson is wise beyond his years. Not only can he read defenses and make great throws, he is so intelligent with the run and does it well. Lets be honest too, he doesn't have much of a well known receiving core. Most impressive what he has done this year! Truly will be one of the greats.

#3419 9 years ago

Most often with those running QBs, they look so frantic. Like, they have 1 read, and if it's not there, they'll just start moving. They never look comfortable in the pocket.

Wilson just has a cool demeanor about him. He goes through his progression, and transitions to run very smoothly, without panic.

#3420 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Edit----Colts seem slightly overrated, Luck is an awesome QB but they have no RB's and the D seems suspect, they dominated a weak division this year.

If anyone can beat the Hawks in seattle, it's the Cowboys. I don't see the pack doing it on the road.

#3421 9 years ago

Whoever wins the NFC (Seahawks, Cowboys, or Pack) will win the Super Bowl.

#3422 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Although I will change my mind on the Packers if we lose to the Lions next week.

I don't see that happening.....at Ford field sure but not in GB. I give the Lions about a 25% chance just because of their D. Both teams are in though.

#3423 9 years ago
Quoted from vex:

seattle is going to run the table and repeat as champions this year.

i still stand by this...

#3424 9 years ago

Big comeback by the Chargers on Saturday! Hard to believe they are still in the hunt after stumbling as of late. One more win and they are in.

#3425 9 years ago

Seahawks offence finally played to their level yesterday, defense was solid as always. When the season started with 3-3 it didn't look too good for the Hawk's but look at them go now! Go Hawks!

#3426 9 years ago

I'm thinking it's gonna be SEA vs NE Super Bowl. And my wish list picks are SD vs DET - if chargers even get in
Rivers is so beat up

#3427 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I'm thinking it's gonna be SEA vs NE Super Bowl. And my wish list picks are SD vs DAL - if chargers even get in
Rivers is so beat up

I take that back; my wishlist superbowl is SD vs DET

#3428 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

You think he will be suspended? I doubt it, just a stupid fine that really means nothing to these types.

He got suspended for one game

#3429 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Nailed it, I agree on all of these points.

The Cowboys really need to get a first week bye to have a decent shot at making the SB, but it is highly unlikely that they will have a first week bye, since Seattle will likely be the number 1 seed as they will almost certainly beat the Rams next week.

Seattle is absolutely the favorite from the NFC to go (back) to the SB. Not only are they playing great, at the right time (peaking), but they will have an easy first game against someone like Arizona or Carolina/Atlanta. Easy win! That puts them in the NFC championship game against someone like Dallas or Green Bay....and the game will be played in Seattle.

#3430 9 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If anyone can beat the Hawks in seattle, it's the Cowboys. I don't see the pack doing it on the road.

Cowboys already beat the Seahawks in Seattle earlier this year.

It would be pretty hard to do that twice in the same year though.

#3431 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

That puts them in the NFC championship game against someone like Dallas or Green Bay....and the game will be played in Seattle.

Would be awesome for Rams to upset Seattle and of course a Packer win, Lambeau Baby!!!!!!!!!

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#3432 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

an easy first game

Famous last words. lol.

I'm pretty sure that utter arrogance is the number 1 killer of success in the NFL. Look at how hard it is to get back to back super bowls, and how often teams that win the super bowl just fall apart the next year and look like a shadow of themselves.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_curse

#3433 9 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Famous last words. lol.
I'm pretty sure that utter arrogance is the number 1 killer of success in the NFL. Look at how hard it is to get back to back super bowls, and how often teams that win the super bowl just fall apart the next year and look like a Shadow of themselves.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl_curse

So?

What you just described is NOT Seattle this year. So I have no idea what your point is?

There is no way that Seattle will lose that first game in Seattle against any of the 3 teams that I mentioned.

If you would care to place a friendly wager on that, I would gladly do so.

#3434 9 years ago

Seattle had a hard enough time with Arizona while playing their third string quarterback last night. Until the Cardinals defense got tired from keeping them in the game. Anything can happen once the playoffs start as has been proven time and time again. At least that's what I'm counting on..
th-2.jpegth-2.jpeg

#3435 9 years ago

johnny ouch.jpgjohnny ouch.jpg

#3436 9 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Would be awesome for Rams to upset Seattle and of course a Packer win, Lambeau Baby!!!!!!!!!

I think the Rams have a decent chance at winning next week, they know Seattle well

#3437 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Totally agree!
The AFC is no match for the NFC.

#3438 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Totally agree!
The AFC is no match for the NFC.

We shall see

#3439 9 years ago

Oh we sure will.

#3440 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Oh we sure will.

BTW, where have you been? You disappeared until your team looked liked they could make the playoffs

#3441 9 years ago

Superbowl Hangover!

#3442 9 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

Superbowl Hangover!

I'm sure that's it

#3443 9 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Don't forget the cardinals they are still giving the Seahawks a hard time to win their division .....hopefully the rookie QB Logan Thomas will make an outstanding debut.....it's his time to shine ..

#3444 9 years ago

mancrush.gifmancrush.gif
#3445 9 years ago

^Im surprised they didn't flag him for the backsplash!^

This is going to be an awesome 3 week run of football. So much up in the air for seeding (NFC) in the the final week and then its Playoff time!!!8b47b699701742b3981aa1b5f980be74.jpg8b47b699701742b3981aa1b5f980be74.jpg

#3446 9 years ago

Broncos waste all that energy and get spanked anyway. We used to call Manning shrugmaster after throwing interceptions. I guess the term still fits.

#3447 9 years ago

That video above of Lynch's run.
Take notice of the speed and blocking of Lockette (83) on that play!
That guy is unbelievably fast! It's that I got your back mentality of the Seahawks that will propel them to another Superbowl .

#3448 9 years ago

Lockette was the real stud on that play! WOW is he quick!

#3450 9 years ago
Quoted from Monarca1091:

Don't forget the cardinals they are still giving the Seahawks a hard time to win their division .....hopefully the rookie QB Logan Thomas will make an outstanding debut.....it's his time to shine ..

I like the Cards but injuries have killed them this year.

Peyton has been suspect outside of Denver where he can't control the fans to be quiet while he calls another audible. Peyton doesn't like playing outside in the cold.

Billichik has done a great job of coaching again without a star wide out or running back. Somehow, the Aaron Hernandez story went away and was no longer a distraction.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 75,318 posts in this topic. You are on page 69 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/69 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.