nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,765 posts in this topic. You are on page 674 of 1,516.
#33651 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I guess that a short run like one foot is something like 80% successful. Field goal is just a tie (still can miss) but you have to worry about coin flip in OT and think Tenn had scored on 6 consecutive possessions and many TDs, so they probably figured 50% chance of losing in OT. Edit. Just read the win percentage was just 43% if they had tried a FG but 65% if they had made that first down.
I wanted OT for my fantasy Henry and Tannehill, but maybe the sneak was a better analytics play.
The one run I didn’t like was when Allen did a full on QB keeper at the goal line and he got destroyed. Don’t need that if a RB can get the punishment instead.

Only reason I mentioned it is because Allen had failed on a short run earlier.

#33652 2 years ago

Hate that 4th down call. Even if he had got the first down there's still 15 seconds left and you still have to try several times to get in.

Coach got cute and paid the price.

#33653 2 years ago
lions (resized).jpglions (resized).jpg
#33654 2 years ago
Quoted from guss:

[quoted image]

Not if the coach is going to cry about it

#33655 2 years ago

Mayfield out this week, sounds like he’s trying to avoid surgery.

#33656 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Mayfield out this week, sounds like he’s trying to avoid surgery.

Browns fell apart quick Landry, Chubb, Hunt, Mayfield all hurt and OBJ taking the year off to focus on mental health

#33657 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

...t and OBJ taking the year off ...

He's taken every year off since he's been there, total bust since day 1.

#33658 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's taken every year off since he's been three, total bust since day 1.

True. The Giants are looking like geniuses for making that trade when it appeared to be a terrible move at the time.

A broken clock...

#33659 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

He's taken every year off since he's been three, total bust since day 1.

Have to disagree, OBJ's first couple years as a Giant were pretty exciting to watch (during some pretty unexceptional years for the Giants). Of course that's ancient history -- the wheels fell off long ago.

EDIT: Oh you meant "there" not "three," and that he's been a total bust since day one with the Browns. Can't disagree with any of that.

#33660 2 years ago

Shit he was on pace to be an all time great with NYG!

#33661 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Shit he was on pace to be an all time great with NYG!

He’s still a legend in his own mind?

#33662 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

He’s still a legend in his own mind?

You don't want to know what goes on in thst mind of his.

#33663 2 years ago

Browns get to run with Case Keenum...

He did have that one 11-3 year with the Vikings! -- 98 QBR

Can he rekindle the magic?

mof

#33664 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

mof

His career stats are pretty solid, Browns may be OK with their D.

#33665 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

mof

Pretty sure nobody ever gonna confuse Case Keenum, D'Ernest Johnson and Donovan Peoples-Jones with The Triplets

#33666 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Pretty sure nobody ever gonna confuse Case Keenum, D'Ernest Johnson and Donovan Peoples-Jones with The Triplets

Landry’s back

#33667 2 years ago

So the Browns won’t have the starting QB,left tackle,right tackle and both starting RB’s.Denver might keep this one close.

#33668 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

mof

Case Keenum is an ATROCIOUS scrub, and does not belong in the NFL.

THe fact that guys like him continue to draw a salary year after year does nothing to help the NFL shed it's "GOB" reputation. If you are old, slow, white, and less than mediocre, you can keep a job as an NFL QB forever.

#33669 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If you are old, slow, white, and less than mediocre, you can keep a job as an NFL QB forever.

Shit, I gotta pick a team to tryout with next year then.

#33670 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

THe fact that guys like him continue to draw a salary year after year does nothing to help the NFL shed it's "GOB" reputation. If you are old, slow, white, and less than mediocre, you can keep a job as an NFL QB forever.

And yet he has a better career QBR than both Fitz and Heineke

#33671 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

And yet he has a better career QBR than both Fitz and Heineke

Not saying those dudes need jobs either. Also, Keenum been living off the fat of that ONE good season for a long, long time.

ANyway, since Washington's season is already over...I'm hearing some rumblings of TUa to DC in some dumb 3 way deal involving Watson.

Would there be any reason for me to be excited about this? Doesn't Tua suck? If he had any potential to be a franchise QB why is Miami looking to dump him?

#33672 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not saying those dudes need jobs either

75TDs to 47 Ints isn’t bad for a backup and is why he still has a job

#33673 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Not saying those dudes need jobs either. Also, Keenum been living off the fat of that ONE good season for a long, long time.
ANyway, since Washington's season is already over...I'm hearing some rumblings of TUa to DC in some dumb 3 way deal involving Watson.
Would there be any reason for me to be excited about this? Doesn't Tua suck? If he had any potential to be a franchise QB why is Miami looking to dump him?

Tua would be an upgrade and he does seem to be improving, as long as the price tag isn’t too high, why not? I don’t think Flores really likes him, HCs have been wrong on QBs before.

#33674 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Doesn't seem like it. Has one of these high draft picks really had much success elsewhere? Tannehill seems like the most obvious example. Jameis has a chance I suppose, but it doesn't seem like he's going to fill that franchise role.

I'm surprised at how quickly teams are moving on from their single digit draft pick QBs. Rosen got 1 year, the countless Denver picks got about the same each. As stated, it doesn't look like most will ever be anything more than backups. Most are only decent as backups for a few games before teams figure them out. I think it takes a really dedicated dude to actually achieve any amount of success at the QB position. Obvious, I guess, but how many guys are actually willing to put their lives practically on hold for 10+ years while they dedicate their lives to outsmartiny DCs and perfecting nuance to get an edge against the best athletes in the world.

I can't think of any top flight QB that really are anything but 'first guy in, last guy out' types. There are guys that can exist on talent alone for a while, but they inevitably fizzle.

My guess is it's pretty obvious once that check clears if the guy is really dedicated or not. If not, there's really nothing you can do, except cut bait. Maybe they make it somewhere else, but chances are they pull the same thing on another team.

#33675 2 years ago

Tua is awesome. Bought to get traded to WFT.

#33676 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

..., Browns may be OK with their D.

80 points in the last 2 games...up against good offensive teams though. Pretty sure Denver is a fraud and Steelers blow, so next 2 weeks cpuld ok.

#33677 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

75TDs to 47 Ints isn’t bad for a backup and is why he still has a job

I've seen him play.

And so soon will you. It ain't gonna be pretty!!

I can't wait for him to beef and I can say "I rest my Case."

#33678 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Don't hold back

#33679 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Will at least Tua’s not part of the GOB network you seem to be so fixated with.

#33680 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I've seen him play.
And so soon will you. It ain't gonna be pretty!!
I can't wait for him to beef and I can say "I rest my Case."

They’ll win this week

#33681 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I can't think of any top flight QB that really are anything but 'first guy in, last guy out' types. There are guys that can exist on talent alone for a while, but they inevitably fizzle.

It's a position you can't survive solely on raw athletic talent. It takes not only physical talent, but incredible interpretive skills, decision making, and incredible information ingestion and handling to be successful at this level. There are reasons there really are only about 10-15 of these people that are that good at that job in the world at any one time. And why they rightfully demand so much more compensation than their peers on the field.. and why the owners are keen on protecting those players. Their entire franchise can faulted for years on this single position going tits up.

It's certainly not for any lack of people wanting the job... there literally are hundreds of QBs coming out of the college level every year and only a few dozen even get a chance, and only handful ever find success. It is a ruthless spot that takes quite a refined set of skills and abilities that few elevate to that level for sure.

Sure some bomb out purely on their lack of work ethic/focus - ruining their chances (Hi there Johnny Manziel! JaMarcus Russell! Vince Young!, etc) the vast majority just don't have what it takes to function at the level NFL QBs are challenged to succeed at.

#33682 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Will at least Tua’s not part of the GOB network you seem to be so fixated with.

I think the story is total bullshit anyway.

I do think Tua is at least as good as any of the prospects fir 2021 draft but I don’t like his injury history at all.

#33684 2 years ago

Dolphins-Watson deal rumors are heating back up. Trade deadline 2 November.

#33685 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Dolphins-Watson deal rumors are heating back up. Trade deadline 2 November.

Is he even allowed to play currently?

#33686 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I think so.

#33687 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yep, Texans just aren't playing him (not sure that he would play for them anyways). He is not suspended, or on the exempt list.

#33689 2 years ago

Even with all the injuries and Mayfield out, I still think the Browns will win this game. The Broncos can only score points against weak opponents. When they play a team with a decent defense, their offense struggles. The Broncos were 3-0 at one point because they opened the season with the Giants, Jaguars and Jets. When they ran into some solid opponents (Ravens, Steelers, Raiders), they got rolled over by each of those teams.

Denver may have a little more success against the Browns because of all the injuries, but I still think the Broncos will struggle to score against Cleveland's stout defense.

#33690 2 years ago

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if the Browns played better with Keenum. Haha

#33691 2 years ago
Quoted from Bcrowe:

Even with all the injuries and Mayfield out, I still think the Browns will win this game. The Broncos can only score points against weak opponents. When they play a team with a decent defense, their offense struggles. The Broncos were 3-0 at one point because they opened the season with the Giants, Jaguars and Jets. When they ran into some solid opponents (Ravens, Steelers, Raiders), they got rolled over by each of those teams.
Denver may have a little more success against the Browns because of all the injuries, but I still think the Broncos will struggle to score against Cleveland's stout defense.

Im losing more faith in Mayfield every week, he just looks so mediocre overall. They may light it up this week.

With the team the Browns have they should be MUCH better than 3-3, thats a terribly disappointing record for them.

#33692 2 years ago

WFT trotting out a kicker who hasn't made a kick in 5 years. With a name like Blewitt what could possibly go wrong?

#33693 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

WFT trotting out a kicker who hasn't made a kick in 5 years. With a name like Blewitt what could possibly go wrong?

Ha...that poor kid. That joke has been made about half a million times today.

Look...everybody was just sick of Dhop. He's missed too many important kicks over the past few years that have cost (or should have cost) games. Obviously, the time to bring in a new kicker was this offseason past, not now, but they screwed this situation up pretty good. But at some point you just can't stand the sight of the kicker who has cost you games and momentum way too many times.

Is this kid off the street gonna be better? Seems unlikely but at this point who gives a shit? He may well be worse. But I'm about this close to rooting for a loss every week...we are gonna need a top pick in the 2022 draft to score a QB and that's obviously the most important thing now.

THe takeaway - at 2-4, in the middle of a monster schedule run that's likely gonna bring them loss after loss even if time travel Jan Stenarud is kicking, the WFT really has very little to lose.

#33694 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Ha...that poor kid. That joke has been made about half a million times today.
Look...everybody was just sick of Dhop. He's missed too many important kicks over the past few years that have cost (or should have cost) games. Obviously, the time to bring in a new kicker was this offseason past, not now, but they screwed this situation up pretty good. But at some point you just can't stand the sight of the kicker who has cost you games and momentum way too many times.
Is this kid off the street gonna be better? Seems unlikely but at this point who gives a shit? He may well be worse. But I'm about this close to rooting for a loss every week...we are gonna need a top pick in the 2022 draft to score a QB and that's obviously the most important thing now.
THe takeaway - at 2-4, in the middle of a monster schedule run that's likely gonna bring them loss after loss even if time travel Jan Stenarud is kicking, the WFT really has very little to lose.

I know I'll be rooting for them to lose

#33695 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I know I'll be rooting for them to lose
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"0d0e390debde8123a08764a31752dc0d8ab8d754-1634842773-1800"};
//]]>

Still hate the Redskins?I hate the Eagles because of the Buddy Ryan shit!

#33696 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Still hate the Redskins? I hate the Eagles because of the Buddy Ryan shit!

He's a Cowboys fan, they're NFC East rivals.

#33697 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

He's a Cowboys fan, they're NFC East rivals.

Yeah I know I grew up a Cowboy fan hating the Redskins too!It’s hard to hate a team that’s been so bad for so long.Sorry Levi but you’ll be the first to admit they have stunk for quite awhile.The Cowboys just wallered in mediocrity lol

#33698 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yeah I know I grew up a Cowboy fan hating the Redskins too!It’s hard to hate a team that’s been so bad for so long.Sorry Levi but you’ll be the first to admit they have stunk for quite awhile.The Cowboys just wallered in mediocrity lol

We are getting to the point in the season where I will consider one win over the Cowboys a success.

Ya never know !

#33699 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

We are getting to the point in the season where I will consider one win over the Cowboys a success.
Ya never know !

The year was 1989 and the Cowboys went on to a 1-15 season.
Their one win was against the Redskins and I was cheering like it was the Super Bowl.Will I don’t need to remind anybody what they did after that 1-15 year.I still love Hershal Walker for building that team!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Queen Creek, AZ
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,765 posts in this topic. You are on page 674 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/674?hl=duderegular and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.