5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif
tempFileForShare_20240418-181612 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 670 of 1,515.
#33451 2 years ago

Good ol' murder hornets!

#33452 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Any team looking for a new name has a slam dunk in 'murder hornets'

Maybe, but wouldn’t you be bummed today if your team had rebranded as the “Killer Bees” in 1987? Sometimes invasive species fail to live up to the hype.

#33453 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is quite obviously my question too...Bruce Allen is already gone, after 10 years of running the team into the ground. They've clearly decided to let Dan Snyder skate on everything, as they seem to be claiming there's no "smoking gun."
The whole episode is clear proof Snyder needs to be gone. He's on thin ice but they clearly do not want to put the hammer down on the owners, because, the owners own Goodell.
I'm also curious as to why the Chiefs get to skate on their name and all their Indian minstrel show stuff. They are doing the tomahawk chop and opening every game by banging a huge fake cerimonial Native American war drum; on national TV no less on Sunday night. Pretty shocked this stuff is still going on...even the Washington Redskins weren't doing stuff like that. You'd think the Chiefs would want to tone it down a little at this point?

In a nutshell Redskins is considered racist and the name Chiefs isn't.

#33454 2 years ago

I recently heard of the Seattle Kraken, now that is a badass name!
The murder hornets is cool

#33455 2 years ago

There's no taming down the tomahawk chop, ain't gonna happen. I saw it at multiple college games this weekend that have nothing to do with native imagery. Iowa game i think was one

#33456 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There's no taming down the tomahawk chop, ain't gonna happen. I saw it at multiple college games this weekend that have nothing to do with native imagery. Iowa game i think was one

I was at the Iowa game but missed the chop. Not that I'd put it past college students (or drunk alums) to use the wrong team's chants, but are you sure it wasn't just a sloppily executed Herky bite (was 7 Nation Army playing at the time)?

#33457 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I was at the Iowa game but missed the chop. Not that I'd put it past college students (or drunk alums) to use the wrong team's chants, but are you sure it wasn't just a sloppily executed Herky bite (was 7 Nation Army playing at the time)?

I'm not sure...I'm was just trying to think of games I watched this weekend.

#33458 2 years ago

Wentz actually looked better than average.

Anyway all good that he’s played 98% of the possible snaps he’s on the way to the 75% needed for the Eagles to get Indy’s first round pick.

#33459 2 years ago

That would be something for the Eagles to hold 3 top 10 picks(Theirs,Dolphins and Colts) That said 3-4 more losses and Wentz will be shut down before the 75% although he will probably sprain both his ankles again before that point.

#33460 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I'm all for racist, misogynistic homophobes getting cancelled. There's a whole bunch more I'd like to see next. Although, Chuckie kind of cancelled himself by resigning.

Imagine losing millions for a 10 year old email? There is something very wrong with that. I Don t care if he was praising hitler

#33461 2 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

I really enjoy watching the bills. I started really watching them a ton last year when I chose Josh Allen for my fantasy team...and he KILLED it.
As a lifelong Cowboys fan, I will always root for Dallas, however.
My dream Superbowl would be Dallas vs Buffalo, with a Cowboys win...but if my team doesn't make it, I will absolutely be rooting for the bills to win!

I grew up with Roger the dodger Staibach and the Doomsday defense.I tried to focus on the Colts last year and gave up on the boys but now their pulling me back in with this great offense.What I meant about Bills Cowboy Super Bowl is they lost two to Dallas back to back.If Dallas isn’t there I’ll be rooting for the Bills too

#33462 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Imagine losing millions for a 10 year old email? There is something very wrong with that. I Don t care if he was praising hitler

It was multiple emails over many years, I’m no SJW but to defend him is absurd. It just proves what everyone outside of Raider nation already knew, he’s a moron.

#33463 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Imagine losing millions for a 10 year old email?

Where you call your current boss a faggot?
I mean...kinda seems aboot right

Good to see Who-Dey mantle has been taken up

#33464 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

I Don t care if he was praising hitler

Very Christian of you!

#33465 2 years ago

I was really hoping to see gruden fall to the depths of obscurity by way of his own coaching incompetence, but alas.

I just want to know who's going to pickup the torch of spouting random play calls from the 90s. We need someone yelling things like "xy banana under 26 double inside man camera TV" to impress and intimidate the new QBs coming out of college.

#33466 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

I think if his ire had been directed at anybody else, there wouldn't have been a leak.

he called Goodell a “faggot” and an “anti football pussy” — among other insults — in emails to former Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen, the New York Times reported Monday.

#33467 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Should they let the Golden State killer go too?

Quoted from TheLaw:

Good to see Who-Dey mantle has been taken up

Calling people queers and faggots, that's old school football right there.

#33468 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Comments like this are why we all get thrown into one group or another. It’s perfectly fine to call out unjust firings, but this clearly isn’t one of those times. Dude is a Neanderthal and clearly has no place being employed.

Not saying it’s right, but it would be much different had he been out drinking with buddies and someone secretly taped him saying dumb shit. The guy put it in written form on numerous occasion, he’s as dumb as they come.

#33469 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

I think if his ire had been directed at anybody else, there wouldn't have been a leak.
he called Goodell a “faggot” and an “anti football pussy” — among other insults — in emails to former Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen, the New York Times reported Monday.

Isnt anyone curious why these emails came out now? Why nit when he did Monday night football? Pretty sure his views were shared with players and other coaches. Some opinions of which thet probably agreed with him on.

#33470 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Isnt anyone curious why these emails came out now? Why nit when he did Monday night football? Pretty sure his views were shared with players and other coaches. Some opinions of which thet probably agreed with him on.

He wasn't a part of the investigation then.

I am curious what more comes of this. I haven't heard a heck of a lot clarifying what the investigation covers.

#33471 2 years ago

Admittedly Gruden is a dumb-ass but I find it a little unsettling when the NFL is digging in the WFT for unrelated reasons and finds dirt on somebody else, then proceeds to leak it to the newspapers to get their desired outcome. Effectively letting NFL off the hook and letting the court of public opinion mete out justice.

This from the same guy that immediately destroyed all the Spygate evidence before anyone could review it.

Shady shit in the NFL - Goodell will do anything to protect the brand.

chucky (resized).JPGchucky (resized).JPG
#33472 2 years ago

Look, the only reason he was fired is because he lost to the Bears.

#33473 2 years ago

Right before the pandemic hit, my girlfriend attended this class where she learned to preserve and pin out bugs and large insects. It's both gross and cool. Sure enough, when the murder hornets hit the US while we were stuck at home, the person that taught the class put out a murder hornet kit that you could buy and pin up the hornet at home. So every day, in my kitchen, I stare at the murder hornet that's in a shadow box carefully pinned out. Those things are freakishly big!

#33474 2 years ago

"In the emails, Gruden called the league’s commissioner, Roger Goodell, a “faggot” and a “clueless anti football pussy” and said that Goodell should not have pressured Jeff Fisher, then the coach of the Rams, to draft “queers,” a reference to Michael Sam, a gay player chosen by the team in 2014.

In numerous emails during a seven-year period ending in early 2018, Gruden criticized Goodell and the league for trying to reduce concussions and said that Eric Reid, a player who had demonstrated during the playing of the national anthem, should be fired. In several instances, Gruden used a homophobic slur to refer to Goodell and offensive language to describe some N.F.L. owners, coaches and journalists who cover the league."

And he lost his job? Good. He's always been an ass. Please don't let him to football commentary again.

#33475 2 years ago
7E636DF4-E5D4-4A10-A081-2188FDCD3D26 (resized).jpeg7E636DF4-E5D4-4A10-A081-2188FDCD3D26 (resized).jpeg
#33476 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

No, nobody who had actually read any of 8,900,777 stories about this is curious about this. It’s in the first paragraph of most of these stories.

As I’ve said There’s a lot of nasty shit in those emails but the worst from a player standpoint is his complete disregard for player health and safety.

You can’t expect players to trust a coach / general manager who thinks concussions are not an issue. Simple as that.

And then there’s all the the other stuff….

#33477 2 years ago

A good email sanity check is if you couldn't read the email to your grandma, or mom, you shouldn't send it. That's my personal rule.

Say those things in person.

#33478 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Admittedly Gruden is a dumb-ass but I find it a little unsettling when the NFL is digging in the WFT for unrelated reasons and finds dirt on somebody else, then proceeds to leak it to the newspapers to get their desired outcome. Effectively letting NFL off the hook and letting the court of public opinion mete out justice.
This from the same guy that immediately destroyed all the Spygate evidence before anyone could review it.
Shady shit in the NFL - Goodell will do anything to protect the brand.[quoted image]

This kind of shit happens all the time in are corrupt capital.They go looking into one allegation and find a slew of other wrong doings.At that point someone is going down whether it had anything to do with the original reason for the investigation or not.There old saying is to follow the money I think right back to Davis.I do think we need to treat everybody the same though and to not act like older white men are the only people who talk the way Gruden did!
As far as Gruden goes I say so long Mr Dumas

#33479 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

A good email sanity check is if you couldn't read the email to your grandma, or mom, you shouldn't send it. That's my personal rule.
Say those things in person.

Mine is if it won't be funny when the court stenographer reads it over the top of her glasses on that tiny sheet of paper, don't send it.

I break that rule a lot.

#33480 2 years ago

I for one wouldn't want people going through my personal email/chat history. There are a lot of embarrassing Packers predictions in there..

#33481 2 years ago

I hope the Bengals wake tfu and trade Trae Waynes before we can't get anything for him like they did with Eifert. Waynes has been on the field 2 times since Cincy signed him 11/2 - 2 seasons ago. The guy has a history of injury get rid of his ass and lets move forward.

#33482 2 years ago

Waynes is already worth nothing. They are just going to cut him in the off-season.

He also had no injury history before the bengals. Played in at least 14 games each season.

#33483 2 years ago

Is he significantly injured? I know a guy who may be interested.

zieQrbl (1).gifzieQrbl (1).gif
#33484 2 years ago

Hamstring. Won’t heal. Every time he comes back, he goes right back.

#33485 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Watching KC's Butker kick a FG isn't a right -- it's a privilege.
90% lifetime FGM is sick...

Butker -
FG Attempted 139 - Success 90.64%
But only his 5th year - He's not even in top 100 of FGA
Xtra Points 205 - Success 94.03% !!! DANGER !!!
Career 40-49 - 33/38 86.84%!!
Career 50+ - 14/20 70%
Career Long - 58

Tucker
FG Attempted 333 (2.4x Butker's number) - Success 90.69%
Good enough for #1 all time and in his 10th year
Xtra Points 359 - Success 98.9%!!! He's missed 4... in 10 years!
Career 40-49 - 92/102 - 90.19%
Career 50+ - 44/62 - 70.96%
Career Long - 66

tucker (resized).jpegtucker (resized).jpeg

#33486 2 years ago

Sounds like schefter was called out in the investigation for his shitty journalism practices.

Quoted from flynnibus:

Butker -
FG Attempted 139 - Success 90.64%
But only his 5th year - He's not even in top 100 of FGA
Xtra Points 205 - Success 94.03% !!! DANGER !!!
Career 40-49 - 33/38 86.84%!!
Career 50+ - 14/20 70%
Career Long - 58
Tucker
FG Attempted 333 (2.4x Butker's number) - Success 90.69%
Good enough for #1 all time and in his 10th year
Xtra Points 359 - Success 98.9%!!! He's missed 4... in 10 years!
Career 40-49 - 92/102 - 90.19%
Career 50+ - 44/62 - 70.96%
Career Long - 66
[quoted image]

Where did you get those nice clean stats? Interested to see how crosby compares to someone like butker.

#33487 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hahah Lamar just said god blocked that field goal

If you ever saw Cambell coming at you, you'd think it he was a god or be praying to yours

#33488 2 years ago

trade offer incoming!!

#33489 2 years ago

Sounds like schefter was called out in the investigation for his shitty journalism practices.

Where did you get those nice clean stats? Interested to see how crosby compares to someone like butker.

Yeah sending Bruce Allen your article for review does not seem like a solid journalistic practice.

#33490 2 years ago

Boy it's almost like The #1 NFL News connection in the world shares his info with the NFL; shocker!

Interested to see how crosby compares to someone like butker.

Crosby is 81.6% lifetime...I mean that shitty 62% season buried his already not grand average.

Lots of kickers have awesome stats untuil their final seasons...like Qbs, and Rbs....etc

#33491 2 years ago

Some nice tool references

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TuckJu00.htm#all_kicking
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/fga_career.htm

Crosby - https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/C/CrosMa20.htm
435 FGA - 81.6%
XP % 97.5%
40-49 yrds - only 75.6%
50+ yrds - 56.16%

#33492 2 years ago

Robbie Gould is 86%, which is impressive with how long he’s kicked and where he’s kicked.

#33493 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

trade offer incoming!!

I'll give you Nick Sirinnai and a cheesesteak for him.

#33494 2 years ago

Didn’t realize that ESPN signed a 5 year deal bringing playoff football to Monday on wildcard weekend.So 2 games Sat,3 Sun and one on Monday.Last year was great.This is even better.

#33495 2 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Didn’t realize that ESPN signed a 5 year deal bringing playoff football to Monday on wildcard weekend.So 2 games Sat,3 Sun and one on Monday.Last year was great.This is even better.

Yeah I'm not feeling the Monday thing...but by then an extra day off work and drinking will probably come in handy

#33496 2 years ago

What is this "work" thing that you speak of

#33497 2 years ago

*playoffs* on cable???

first the MLB
now the NFL as well
game over.

Good thing I still have my 1974 AM radio to be a loyal sports fan. It's a great place to use AA's with <1.5v

#33498 2 years ago

When I was a kid, I always made my super bowl picks after week 5. Got a few of 'em right.

PICK
Bills over Bucs. (only because Brady is a grand wizard that can will winning outcomes with his mind, AND he's due for a SB loss)

LIKE TO SEE (a first time winner)
1. Bills over Dallas (the big payback game) "kinda"

2. Cleveland over Cardinals.
OR
3. Cardinals over Cleveland.

Football wins either way.

You've had plenty of time to think about it -- let's hear your money pick, and your "like to see pick(s)"

#33499 2 years ago

Money pick - Ravens

Like to see pick - Bengals

#33500 2 years ago
Quoted from mof:

When I was a kid, I always made my super bowl picks after week 5. Got a few of 'em right.
PICK
Bills over Bucs. (only because Brady is a grand wizard that can will winning outcomes with his mind, AND he's due for a SB loss)
LIKE TO SEE (a first time winner)
1. Bills over Dallas (the big payback game) "kinda"
2. Cleveland over Cardinals.
OR
3. Cardinals over Cleveland.
Football wins either way.
You've had plenty of time to think about it -- let's hear your money pick, and your "like to see pick(s)"

Money pick
Bucs assuming they stay healthy

Like to see
1 Bengals - my team
2 Cardinals - GET THAT RING AJ!
3 Browns - feel bad because they are from the bad part of Ohio (But only if OBJ gets traded)

I would have had Chargers on this list because I would love to see Donald get a ring, but I would hate to see Ramsey get one.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 18.95
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,742 posts in this topic. You are on page 670 of 1,515.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/670?hl=eightball88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.