nfl films 1970 (resized).png
IMG_0255.gif
pinsidepool.gif
iblameyourflipperrubbers (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
so-shatto-is-dealing-late-burns-to-the-49ers-v0-kr4yigcvzdpc1.png
IMG_5898 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 669 of 1,507.
#33401 2 years ago
Quoted from gmanrulz46:

easy for you to say.. your team won the superbowl ... chargers won nothing... i get my hopes up all the time and they dissapoint me every season by not winning the big one.. but i like the way the org... is headed.

The Bengals have won a Super Bowl? If you are trying to troll me, well done.

#33402 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'll be happy to trade my entire three-time Super Bowl-winning organization - players, coaches, ownership, stadium - for yours! The Washington Chargers...nice ring to it!

Schedule looking BRUTAL for WFT for the next several weeks, maybe more. Gotta be the toughest schedule in the NFL this season.

#33403 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Schedule looking BRUTAL for WFT for the next several weeks, maybe more. Gotta be the toughest schedule in the NFL this season.

Yeah that's why they needed to not be 2-3 coming out of this early stretch. I honestly believe their season is already over at this point. It's pretty sad when Mahomes and the Chiefs look like your best bet for a win anytime soon.

It's time for November...or what most washington fans usually call "let's think about the draft/offseason time." At this point, it's clear next season needs to bring in a new/young QB. Or Aaron Rogers. They'll have to trade up because as bad as they are I still they end up with 6-7 wins and out of the top 10 in the draft.

#33404 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Interesting. Didn’t realize the game ended at 37 seconds way back when. Would love to hear more about the old rules.

Way more concussions back in the day. Players simply forgot there was a time limit.

#33405 2 years ago

Colts have come to play tonight

#33406 2 years ago

We just gonna pretend that wasn't offsides then?

#33407 2 years ago

More grudenisms....

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/10/11/report-more-jon-gruden-emails-reveal-homophobic-misogynistic-comments/

In his defense, goodell is definitely a clueless antifootball pussy.

#33408 2 years ago

Gruden fired!

#33409 2 years ago

Gruden now free to golf with OJ, Cosby and the My Pillow guy

#33410 2 years ago

He gone…

#33411 2 years ago

Oh fuk.. i can't wait to see what he all said..

#33412 2 years ago

Why was he involved in the WFT investigation? What IS the investigation?

Seems weird he's the only one that had something dumb to say into and out of that org.

Maybe he shouldn't have been so mean to goodell and this wouldn't have surfaced..?

#33413 2 years ago

Damn that was fast!Seriouly I wonder just how many guys right here haven’t said some of the same shit back in the day.White or black guys we all talked shit in the past!
I’m not defending Gruden here I don’t even like the guy he’s fucking annoying

#33414 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

Don’t forget Thom.

#33415 2 years ago
Quoted from boscokid:

And o-din.

#33416 2 years ago

That was an odd series of events to end the half......

#33417 2 years ago

Raiders low-key got themselves out of that huge contract.

#33419 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I'm putting in my application

#33420 2 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

My only regret is that Bruce Allen can’t be fired again.

Why is it every time there’s some
Kind of tire fire in the NFL Washington is always involved?

I refuse to believe at this point there’s not enough garbage emanating from Washington to force the NFL to order Snyder to sell the team. Enough already. Everything Snyder touches becomes infected with his stench.

#33421 2 years ago

Wasn't that money fully guaranteed? Granted, there might be some legal mumbo jumbo covering their ass if you suck as a person.

#33422 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Wasn't that money fully guaranteed? Granted, there might be some legal mumbo jumbo covering their ass if you suck as a person.

He resigned so I'd assume he wouldn't get all that cheddar. If he does, then bravo to Jon.

#33423 2 years ago

There’s no such thing as fully guaranteed. Surely there’s some kind of clause.

Regardless he’s resigning which probably renders it moot. Don’t feel too bad for Jon he’s financially set unless he’s a coke head. The real loser is Jay Gruden who will probably never get another nfl job now that his nepotism meal ticket is suddenly poison.

#33424 2 years ago

Wow. Bad night for the ravens.

I refuse to believe the colts are better than they are it is not Baltimore’s night !

#33425 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Everything Snyder touches becomes infected with his stench.

Any truth to the rumor that Snyder offered to sell the Redskin name to the Cleveland Guardians?

: )

#33426 2 years ago

That wasn't forward.

#33427 2 years ago

That wasn't forward.

I’m sure it was. They still haven’t really shown it to us. I was wondering why nobody had mentioned that as a possibility before the announcement.

Ravens defense has packed up and gone home. I thought that replay call would have give them a little life but nope.

#33428 2 years ago

WTF? Fake to the wide open guy then toss an interception?

#33429 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

My only regret is that Bruce Allen can’t be fired again.
Why is it every time there’s some
Kind of tire fire in the NFL Washington is always involved?
I refuse to believe at this point there’s not enough garbage emanating from Washington to force the NFL to order Snyder to sell the team. Enough already. Everything Snyder touches becomes infected with his stench.

R-E-L-A-X

#33430 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The Bengals have won a Super Bowl? If you are trying to troll me, well done.

not trolling,, i goofed .. denver won sb... brother is a bengal fan.. we root for bengals and chargers to win 1 sb before we die!!

#33433 2 years ago

Now more details have come out and Gruden steps down. Only question is why is all this leaked now?

#33434 2 years ago

Lamar trying desperately to fumble this.

#33435 2 years ago

Hell yeah, great game.

39 seconds left. If this was the old days we'd call it. And we'd like it.

#33436 2 years ago

How many OT games already this year?

#33437 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Now more details have come out and Gruden steps down. Only question is why is all this leaked now?

Owner wants to save some money. so cancels the coach. Or someone tried to blackmail Gruden and he told them to fuck off.

#33438 2 years ago

this monday night game is terrible. blocked kicks,missed kicks all these penalties. just awful

#33439 2 years ago

It’s a great game….well except for the Harbaughface.

#33440 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

this monday night game is terrible. blocked kicks,missed kicks all these penalties. just awful

Are you being serious?? This game has everything

#33441 2 years ago

Another great game. Ravens are real fighters.

#33442 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:Owner wants to save some money. so cancels the coach. Or someone tried to blackmail Gruden and he told them to fuck off.

....John?

#33443 2 years ago

Hahah Lamar just said god blocked that field goal

#33444 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Hahah Lamar just said god blocked that field goal

In a way, we all did.

#33445 2 years ago
Quoted from cnuts13:

Owner wants to save some money. so cancels the coach.

I'm all for racist, misogynistic homophobes getting cancelled. There's a whole bunch more I'd like to see next. Although, Chuckie kind of cancelled himself by resigning.

#33446 2 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

Clearly, the NFL gave the Raiders/Gruden a chance to deal with this in a satisfactory way on Friday, and they didn't. He was coaching on the sidelines on Sunday after a non-apology and the ridiculous "rubber lips" excuse.

That's why it all leaked on Sunday and he's gone on Monday.

I know this is the seed that will birth a million "cancel culture" rants, but you have to look at it this way; as management/boss, there's no way Gruden can continue to coach. He showed a complete disregard for player health and safety, and insulted many members of his team and staff. In 2021 you can't have a head coach/GM who thinks concussion protocol and player safety is a joke, and doesn't think certain people deserve to be on NFL rosters. It just doesn't work that way. If any one of you ran a large business, and your highest-ranking employee/manager did the same thing, you'd have to make the same decision.

#33447 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Clearly, the NFL gave the Raiders/Gruden a chance to deal with this in a satisfactory way on Friday, and they didn't. He was coaching on the sidelines on Sunday after a non-apology and the ridiculous "rubber lips" excuse.
That's why it all leaked on Sunday and he's gone on Monday.
I know this is the seed that will birth a million "cancel culture" rants, but you have to look at it this way; as management/boss, there's no way Gruden can continue to coach. He showed a complete disregard for player health and safety, and insulted many members of his team and staff. In 2021 you can't have a head coach/GM who thinks concussion protocol and player safety is a joke, and doesn't think certain people deserve to be on NFL rosters. It just doesn't work that way. If any one of you ran a large business, and your highest-ranking employee/manager did the same thing, you'd have to make the same decision.

When does the other shoe drop on the crew from the WFT?!?! This is all coming out of the investigation into that organization. The cheerleader story alone is absolutely nuts. Snyder must have some serious dirt on the other owners or the league commish office.

#33448 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

When does the other shoe drop on the crew from the WFT?!?! This is all coming out of the investigation into that organization. The cheerleader story alone is absolutely nuts. Snyder must have some serious dirt on the other owners or the league commish office.

This is quite obviously my question too...Bruce Allen is already gone, after 10 years of running the team into the ground. They've clearly decided to let Dan Snyder skate on everything, as they seem to be claiming there's no "smoking gun."

The whole episode is clear proof Snyder needs to be gone. He's on thin ice but they clearly do not want to put the hammer down on the owners, because, the owners own Goodell.

I'm also curious as to why the Chiefs get to skate on their name and all their Indian minstrel show stuff. They are doing the tomahawk chop and opening every game by banging a huge fake cerimonial Native American war drum; on national TV no less on Sunday night. Pretty shocked this stuff is still going on...even the Washington Redskins weren't doing stuff like that. You'd think the Chiefs would want to tone it down a little at this point?

#33449 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

This is quite obviously my question too...Bruce Allen is already gone, after 10 years of running the team into the ground. They've clearly decided to let Dan Snyder skate on everything, as they seem to be claiming there's no "smoking gun."
The whole episode is clear proof Snyder needs to be gone. He's on thin ice but they clearly do not want to put the hammer down on the owners, because, the owners own Goodell.
I'm also curious as to why the Chiefs get to skate on their name and all their Indian minstrel show stuff. They are doing the tomahawk chop and opening every game by banging a huge fake cerimonial Native American war drum; on national TV no less on Sunday night. Pretty shocked this stuff is still going on...even the Washington Redskins weren't doing stuff like that.

Ya how much more can they leak about the WFT leadership to force action like they did to LV with Gruden? Crazy.

As for KC- They are phasing things out. I don't think they are into the big gigantic shift all at once. Slow and steady it seems. The officially stopped the chop a while back, but the crowd hasn't stopped yet. They don't play the tune anymore which was the prompt to get it going.
The horse, Warpaint, is gone now.
Headdresses and native costumes are not allowed. That was implemented in the last year or two.
The drum they do a blessing with local tribes before each game.

#33450 2 years ago

Any team looking for a new name has a slam dunk in 'murder hornets'

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
There are 75,314 posts in this topic. You are on page 669 of 1,507.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/669 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.