nose-swipe.gif
5CD8BE91-06DC-4095-8B61-F18E6DC7BB6E.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
carmichael.gif
giggle-laugh.gif

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 643 of 1,516.
#32101 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I can say this aboot Goff, he looks like a Lions QB

We’ll see if Matthew Stafford still looks like one tonight.

#32102 2 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

We’ll see if Matthew Stafford still looks like one tonight.

I’m hoping so!

#32103 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I’m hoping so!

I’m hoping not…

#32104 2 years ago

That’s a sweet stadium! Anybody there.

#32105 2 years ago

The tease and then hard reality….

#32106 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

That’s a sweet stadium! Anybody there.

Agreed, love how it's not like all the other new stadiums

#32107 2 years ago

The Rams uniforms are straight up shit. Everything about their branding is so awful.

Team looks good though.

#32108 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The Bears at -7.5 vs Rams is criminal, and the Browns are going to hand KC a loss, write it down!

What did u say bout the Browns?! Helluva game, the 1st 1/2 had me a lil nervous, but never count out showtime n the chiefs..I literally have no nails, but I’ll take the W, and bring on the Ravens next week!

#32109 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

What did u say bout the Browns?! Helluva game, the 1st 1/2 had me a lil nervous, but never count out showtime n the chiefs..I literally have no nails, but I’ll take the W, and bring on the Ravens next week!

Lamar gonna get COVID again. No worries…

#32110 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

I know the feeling. I feel like I went to the gym after watching that Bengal game. Too stressful.

We all know how great the Chiefs are, but the browns should be the favorite in AFC North, especially if OBJ ever plays again.

#32111 2 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Lamar gonna get COVID again. No worries…

Regardless Ravens should be an easy W for the Chiefs.

Also, didn’t ravens have more Tuesday games than anyone last year? Haha.

#32112 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

...especially if OBJ ever plays again.

OBJ played multiple years for the Browns and has been bad the entire time. He ain't coming back to the glory days, its over man.

#32113 2 years ago

Brown’s are a very good team, but need to learn to put away games, especially in the playoffs. Baker played great today, but a few forced passes, and that mishandling by ‘the Scottish hammer’ kinda ended things for them

#32114 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

OBJ played multiple years for the Browns and has been bad the entire time. He ain't coming back to the glory days, its over man.

Yeah, I don’t watch the browns a lot , but now that you mention it , hes sucks when he is healthy. Pretty sure they actually play better without him.

#32115 2 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Great to be back, I had almost forgotten how it feels to get your shit completely rocked.

Keep your chin up. Last year the Bucs lost to the Saints week 1, by the exact same score.... Their season ended up okay from what I recall.

Seriously though, that Packer defense looked really bad.

#32116 2 years ago

@RapSheet
Washington QB Ryan Fitzpatrick is believed to have suffered a hip subluxation and he’ll have an MRI tomorrow to determine if that’s the case and how much damage it caused, sources say. The hope is nothing was broken. A serious injury, but they’ll learn how serious tomorrow.

#32117 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yeah, I don’t watch the browns a lot , but now that you mention it , hes sucks when he is healthy. Pretty sure they actually play better without him.

He's really taken a backseat to Landry; He's basically the 4th option on the team if that. He needs to leave and try to resurrect himself

#32118 2 years ago

Dalton seems to know how to get 7 yards. Can he see the field past 7?

-mof

#32119 2 years ago

Montgomery is an elite back.

#32120 2 years ago

Didn't gt to see the game today as I had to work but looks like Burrows and Mixon had a good game. Thanks to Jandrea95 for all the updates! Who Dey! Feels good to open with a win.

#32121 2 years ago

Wow reviewing it and saw Burrows sacked times, damn I hope our line doesn't keep that stat rolling. I'd hate to see Burrows hurt again. Looked like the Vikings OL was penalized to death, I know that made Zim happy lol!

#32122 2 years ago

Well that was everything I expected of a Bears offense lead by Dalton.

#32123 2 years ago

All 4 NFC West teams won their games today, that's going to be a tough division

#32124 2 years ago

Giants made Bridgewater look like Unitas.

#32125 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Giants made Bridgewater look like Unitas.

Broncos!

#32126 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is true!I think Baker felt he had to throw a certain amount of passes his way.They are better without OBJ in the game.

#32127 2 years ago

Go Bills 0-1

#32128 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

All 4 NFC West teams won their games today, that's going to be a tough division

But even after losing the Lions are tied for first in the NFC north!

#32129 2 years ago

Good games this weekend. I am glad football is back.

Browns played tough for sure. Lots of fourth down success at the start of the game. It was a good strategy, but some mistakes hurt them bad in the second half. Crazy good running game and the rookie WR looks to be pretty good too.

Chiefs defense needs our stars back in for sure.

#32130 2 years ago

Bengals got lucky yesterday, but they didn’t blow it when the game was handed to them. So baby steps haha. Oline still shaky at times, but it was nice to se them lean on the run game to keep burrow upright down the stretch.

Burrows audible to a pass play on 4th and inches in overtime won them the game. Pretty impressive.

I was worried about his confidence at first. Not worried any more.

#32131 2 years ago

Ha ha ha ha!

#32132 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Bengals got lucky yesterday, but they didn’t blow it when the game was handed to them. So baby steps haha. Oline still shaky at times, but it was nice to se them lean on the run game to keep burrow upright down the stretch.
Burrows audible to a pass play on 4th and inches in overtime won them the game. Pretty impressive.

If they counted side to side running Mixon probably had 300 yards at least. They would be calling for someones head if they didnt convert that 4th and inches, especially after not converting the other 4th and 1 they had on their own 30 yard line, haha.

Certainly agree with confidence, Burrow didnt take long to pull it together.

#32133 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Quoted from jandrea95:

If they counted side to side running Mixon probably had 300 yards at least. They would be calling for someones head if they didnt convert that 4th and inches, especially after not converting the other 4th and 1 they had on their own 30 yard line, haha.

Certainly agree with confidence, Burrow didnt take long to pull it together.

Our biggest worry is not so much Joe Burrow coming back right now but rather Zac Taylor and his idiot play calling. 4th and 1 on your own 30.....really, he's exhibited the same crap his short tenure in Cincy. I feel that if we don't at least win 8 games he will go

#32134 2 years ago

Technically, per the tiebreaker rule, the Vikings are in first because they lost to an AFC team. All others lost to NFC teams.

#32135 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Our biggest worry is not so much Joe Burrow coming back right now but rather Zac Taylor and his idiot play calling. 4th and 1 on your own 30.....really, he's exhibited the same crap his short tenure in Cincy. I feel that if we don't at least win 8 games he will go

I liked the 4th and 1 call, but I play too much Madden football, haha. Id be a horrible coach.

#32136 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I liked the 4th and 1 call, but I play too much Madden football, haha. Id be a horrible coach.

The weird thing is that after making that extremely risky call, Taylor was ultra conservative the rest of the game. Weird.

#32137 2 years ago

I know it’s only one game but Wentz was hit 10 times yesterday. Wasn’t his move to Indy supposed to have been beneficial due to their superior OL? Rivers was never hit more than 5 times in a game last year.

Indy folks had better hope the OL comes together or they’re in for trouble with Wentz holding the ball too long and trying to play hero ball too often.

#32138 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Not mad about any of the calls. It’s refreshing to have that much aggressiveness. Could cost him his job, but I’m totally a fan of it.

#32139 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

The weird thing is that after making that extremely risky call, Taylor was ultra conservative the rest of the game. Weird.

Coaches seem to do that, as if making one bonehead aggressive call somehow balances the rest of their predictable playcalling.

#32140 2 years ago

Hard to imagine a worse start for Julio Jones. Three drops including one in the end zone and another that bounced off his hands and was intercepted. Plus a drive killing personal foul early in the game before it got out of hand.

Looks like not requiring him to practice may have been a mistake. Being disinterested in practice struck me as odd for a guy on a new team and requesting an extension.

#32141 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

Hard to imagine a worse start for Julio Jones. Three drops including one in the end zone and another that bounced off his hands and was intercepted. Plus a drive killing personal foul early in the game before it got out of hand.
Looks like not requiring him to practice may have been a mistake. Being disinterested in practice struck me as odd for a guy on a new team and requesting an extension.

Pretty much everything looked off for the Titans, I also think Arizona is a much better team than people were anticipating.

#32142 2 years ago

Fitzpatrick is on IR for at least 3 weeks.

Here’s a list of starting QB for the WFT

732F382A-9879-45B0-AA4F-0C5EC0D88F8E (resized).jpeg732F382A-9879-45B0-AA4F-0C5EC0D88F8E (resized).jpeg

Add Heineky to last year (playoff) and this year (regular season).

#32143 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Fitzpatrick is on IR for at least 3 weeks.
Here’s a list of starting QB for the WFT
[quoted image]
Add Heineky to last year (playoff) and this year (regular season).

It’s not pretty that’s for sure!

I know he had less than a half but Fitz looked awful. Old, slow, and lacking in awareness and vision.

If management refuses to bring in a real qb may as well go with henicke (until he gets hurt) and then Allen. They are both pretty mobile.

#32144 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It’s not pretty that’s for sure!
I know he had less than a half but Fitz looked awful. Old, slow, and lacking in awareness and vision.
If management refuses to bring in a real qb may as well go with henicke (until he gets hurt) and then Allen. They are both pretty mobile.

This is why I loved Eagles picking up Minchew who makes only $800k. He’s started and won multiple games in Jacksonville, he’s young and cheap.

Anyway I’d hope Heineky can grab the reigns in Washington like many young QBs have done when thrust into starting job.

#32145 2 years ago

Washington should bring in Cam this week! Problem solved

#32146 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Washington should bring in Cam this week! Problem solved

I very strongly doubt Cam.

Rivera is a cancer survivor and immunocompromised, he’s said that. Why bring in an antivaxer who will be a risk to miss games due to Covid protocols. Plus he’s not that good.

Diva QB, won’t get vaccinated.

#32147 2 years ago

Cam has been available for parts of 2 years for anybody to take and Rivera has had no interest. It’s not gonna happen.

They signed Kyle Shurmur today as their qb3.

I know it’s a small sample size but it’s getting bigger. The offense has never looked better over the past 2 seasons than the 10 quarters or so where Heinicke has been in charge. As I’ve said, in the absence of an actual NFL QB, May as well let Henicke start indefinitely. Don’t see why they’ve been so resistant to this concept.

#32148 2 years ago

+1 agree

Blue is too light
Yellow is too white
Numbers are shiny like reflective plastic

I'm not a fan of change in general, so I try to give changes like this time to get over my nostalgia bias... I don't think it's going to happen this time.

I would recommend (not that the designer is listening) to return to the old color set, and keep the new double-sided horn look so you can feel like you "changed something". Change nothing else.

Sometimes I feel there's change for the sake of change, "Give them a fresh new start" -- but I can't imagine fans would have voted for these colors -- especially with the chargers having a very light blue -- why get closer to the chargers instead of farther from the chargers in terms of branding? Perhaps there were in fact user-studies and this is what LA wants... shrug.

Glad it's not my team.
-mof

#32149 2 years ago

I was kidding. Glad you got your boy Shurmer as a back up. You can now go back to planning that parade route! (Again- kidding )

#32150 2 years ago

Tua 1-0!

I saw most of the Chargers game and Miami’s GM Grier messed up by picking Tua over Herbert. You stand the 2 guys side by side and have them throw some passes and how could anyone pick Tua over Herbert? Leave it to Miami to figure out a way to mess things up. I hope Tua works out, but it seems like he will always be at a physical disadvantage over bigger guys who have strong arms and beautiful hair.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 75,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 643 of 1,516.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/643?hl=guss and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.