spongebob-done.gif
24ae2301d4aa96956b7002b622b63a1e.gif
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240411-182346_Brave (resized).jpg
IMG_3029 (resized).png
20240411_133523 (resized).jpg
960db372-3937-4740-898d-de1cf01c5689_text (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 638 of 1,513.
#31851 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

I think most likely scenario for Watson this season is that he is a healthy scratch every week. I don’t see anyone paying the asking price for him. Any team would want to make the picks conditional and I don’t see Houston doing that. His career is on hold until all the legal stuff plays out.

I see him going to miami but at a discount.

#31852 2 years ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

I see him going to miami but at a discount.

Will Tua be in that deal? I feel like he would have to be.

#31853 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Will Tua be in that deal? I feel like he would have to be.

Yes, if there is a trade

#31854 2 years ago

I don't see any way they get that sort of rumored value out of him. I hope they do though... can only help the rodgers market value.

#31855 2 years ago

I think there's like 10 criminal complaints or investigations so feels like too much risk for another team til that shakes out

#31856 2 years ago
Quoted from Erik:

I think there's like 10 criminal complaints or investigations so feels like too much risk for another team til that shakes out

He also has a huge contract that could be a problem but he has enough resources to pay his way out of this mess.Wouldnt be the first time.Buy your Houston Tua jersey now.

#31857 2 years ago

I could see Miami trading away picks to bring in Aaron Rogers before Watson.

#31858 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

I could see Miami trading away picks to bring in Aaron Rogers before Watson.

a wiser choice for sure

#31859 2 years ago

Rodgers is not on the market and Watson is. Not the best comparison right now.

#31860 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Rodgers is not on the market and Watson is. Not the best comparison right now.

I don’t see how Watson plays a snap this year.

#31861 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

It does look like a longshot but if the NFL says they will wait until his court cases are completed and or he pays his way out then Maybe.Of course that would be more likely with fewer cases.

#31862 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

His career could well be over.

The alleged asking price is insane. They really have little choice but to hold on to him and pray unless they want to give him away.

I’d surrender 2 firsts at the most or a first and a couple 2nds or something MAX for the right to roll these dice.

This is a true “gamble” of Jpopian levels. Not to mention the shit you are gonna take for doing it. Washington incurred yet ANOTHER black eye for bringing in Ruben Foster, and for what? He never played a down.

#31863 2 years ago

The reports with the trade info are basically doubling down on the Miami interest. Lots of stuff in the NFL subreddit. Not saying it's a sure thing, but there are lots of talks happening between the teams and agents.

The other piece of info says the Texans (if no trade happens) will keep him on their active roster and sit him on the bench all year.

#31864 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Lots of stuff in the NFL subreddit. Not saying it's a sure thing

If this is on Reddit we’re basically just waiting for the ink to dry, it’s a done deal.

#31865 2 years ago

Cam Newton released, next QB for the WFT?

#31866 2 years ago

Holy shitballs.. he must pissed off the coach by breaking protocols and not bothering to get vaxxed. Clearly his shitty play on the field doesn't out weigh his off field antics.. get vaxxed people!

#31867 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Oh God no...FITZ is better

#31868 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Not a big surprise, not good enough to be selfish about vacation and COVID protocol.

Not sure why these don’t guys want to get a little shot and life is so much easier less restrictive on travel and contacts.

It’s clear that the nfl wants all players and personal vaccinated yet some Wentz, Cousins etc won’t.

#31869 2 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#31870 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Lord no.

Cam was available for MONTHS before NE brought him back, and Rivera had zero interest in bringing him in. I know that means nothing, and we'll still have to endure "Cam to WFT?!" clickbait for the next two weeks.

Cam is washed up. Rivera isn't going to bring him and his massive ego back just for the memories. And not sure if you noticed but Rivera has very little interest in having any anti-vaxxers around, it's been a point of frustration for him all offseason.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam goes unsigned well into the season. His best bet is an absolute desperation signing by an injury-stricken team.

#31871 2 years ago

Plus you have Fitzmagic to start the season & help bring Heineken along until he's ready.. maybe even see him this year yet!

#31872 2 years ago

I’m positive Ron Rivera doesn’t want to be around Cam Newton.

I have a friend who has leukemia and he got the vaccine but can’t develop any antibodies. He needs other people to get vaccinated so he is not at risk.

27CCC550-D98C-4A73-B0BF-89FEB0FDC114 (resized).png27CCC550-D98C-4A73-B0BF-89FEB0FDC114 (resized).png

#31873 2 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m positive Ron Rivera doesn’t want to be around Cam Newton.
I have a friend who has leukemia and he got the vaccine but can’t develop any antibodies. He needs other people to get vaccinated so he is not at risk.
[quoted image]

Exactly.

That screenshot is from over a month ago...they've managed to turn things around (last report was over 85 percent vaccinated), last thing he's gonna do is bring someone like Cam around.

#31874 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Lord no.
Cam was available for MONTHS before NE brought him back, and Rivera had zero interest in bringing him in. I know that means nothing, and we'll still have to endure "Cam to WFT?!" clickbait for the next two weeks.
Cam is washed up. Rivera isn't going to bring him and his massive ego back just for the memories. And not sure if you noticed but Rivera has very little interest in having any anti-vaxxers around, it's been a point of frustration for him all offseason.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cam goes unsigned well into the season. His best bet is an absolute desperation signing by an injury-stricken team.

I didn't know all that about Rivera, crazy. You are probably right, the combo of him being washed up and anti-vax will most likely have him sitting out a while.

#31875 2 years ago
Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Plus you have Fitzmagic to start the season & help bring Heineken along until he's ready.. maybe even see him this year yet!

If Fitz plays his normal you will see Heineken about mid season. Fitz usually plays 6 or 7 games lights out and then it appears someone actually does turn the lights out on him and goes downhill.

#31876 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

If Fitz plays his normal you will see Heineken about mid season. Fitz usually plays 6 or 7 games lights out and then it appears someone actually does turn the lights out on him and goes downhill.

Yes, I fully expect the starting QB job to ping pong between those two all season. If we see a serious QB injury we'll get to see some Kyle Allen also.

It's the three-headed monster of mediocre backup QBs in Washington! Will it be enough to win the division again?

I think so!

Bold prediction: Fitz coming off the bench will at some point save the season!

#31877 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Bold prediction: Fitz coming off the bench will at some point save the season!

That has a very realistic chance of being true. Washington will likely have to screw up badly to not win that division.

#31878 2 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Will it be enough to win the division again?
I think so!

I gotta go with the odds and say no on that one....been since 2004 in that division!

#31879 2 years ago

Looks like the Bengals have made a trade with the Giants for a D-lineman. I'd rather seen them trade for an O-lineman, oh well it's our vaunted leader on display. Please Michigan quit whining already fire Harbaugh and god please bring him to Cincy!

#31880 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

Looks like the Bengals have made a trade with the Giants for a D-lineman. I'd rather seen them trade for an O-lineman, oh well it's our vaunted leader on display. Please Michigan quit whining already fire Harbaugh and god please bring him to Cincy!

Didn’t they just trade there #1 2018 pick, an O Lineman as well

#31881 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Didn’t they just trade there #1 2018 pick, an O Lineman as well

Yep. He just couldn’t get it going. Seems to be a pretty good trade for the Bengals. I think the Bengals no longer have any first round picks left on their team from 2014-2018.

#31882 2 years ago

Cuts down to 53 indeed need to be made by tonight. There's no extra week baked in with the new schedule.

A few surprises in Washington, a higher-round last year pick, Gandy-Golden, didn't make it. I'm glad to see Rivera is happy to move on from unproductive players have a couple of training camps. Produce or leave, scrubs!

Cam Newton the highest profile cut so far?

#31883 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think the Bengals no longer have any first round picks left on their team from 2014-2018.

Yep none left. I think the guy will help the Bengals I feel our O-line needs more attention than our D-line and we trade one of the O-line players away. Billy was simply a bust at the position he was drafted for.

#31884 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

...Please Michigan quit whining already fire Harbaugh and god please bring him to Cincy!

Ha, he just signed a 4 year deal this year.
I'd hate to see it, it's just been too funny to watch.

#31885 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

we trade one of the O-line players away. Billy was simply a bust at the position he was drafted for.

So are you happy Billy is gone or not? I don’t want any busts on the team. Does worry me about depth, but the Bengals had a much larger need on the DL with Ossai going down.

#31886 2 years ago

Tennessee has 9 guys on the covid list so only gotta cut to 62 today!

#31887 2 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So are you happy Billy is gone or not?

Yes I am.

#31888 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha, he just signed a 4 year deal this year.
I'd hate to see it, it's just been too funny to watch.

All I read is the Alumni bitching about him. That guy Finebaum? really has a hard-n for him lol.

#31889 2 years ago
Quoted from RWH:

All I read is the Alumni bitching about him.

He's good at keeping them irrelevant.

#31890 2 years ago

Dallas is already interested in Cam, per reports. Haha.

#31891 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Dallas is already interested in Cam, per reports. Haha.

Awesome.

#31892 2 years ago

Sean Payton is saying he expects the Saints to be playing elsewhere the first quarter of the season. That sucks for them.

#31893 2 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Sean Payton is saying he expects the Saints to be playing elsewhere the first quarter of the season. That sucks for them.

At least they have time to prepare and find a stadium somewhere near Louisiana.

Remember during Katrina, the NFL sent them to New Jersey to play the Giants as a “home game?”

Was completely ridiculous, and gave the Giants an extra home game advantage over the rest of the conference that season.

#31894 2 years ago

TN released Mason Kinsey who had a good camp and I semi expected to stick. May be a decent pickup for a team looking for a slot WR

#31895 2 years ago

Tua endorsement from Flores. Tua is the guy for the moment.

7CC46EEC-6A54-46C3-9F31-78F626CAB85A (resized).png7CC46EEC-6A54-46C3-9F31-78F626CAB85A (resized).png
#31896 2 years ago
Quoted from DanMarino:

Tua endorsement from Flores. Tua is the guy for the moment.
[quoted image]

Damage control mode engaged

#31897 2 years ago

I read Dolphins owner really wants Watson, WTF

#31898 2 years ago

This Tua Watson thing was handled like shit from Dolphins; horrible. Couldn't go on TV and say 'Tua is our man' when given the chance.

Meanwhile, as usual, Houston probably could have got this done but fucked it up trying to recoup the losses from Hopkins trade.
Hey how's David Johnson season looking? Neat.

#31899 2 years ago

HaHa Clinton Dix cut from SF

#31900 2 years ago

In a surprise move, the NFL cuts the Lions.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Manchester, NH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
2,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cupertino, CA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 75,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 638 of 1,513.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ot-official-2013-2014-nfl-thread/page/638 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.